Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump wants thousands of Republican delegates crammed into the convention hall in North Carolina ... or else.

Trump just tweeted he will move the Republican Convention out of North Carolina unless Governor Roy Cooper gives assurance the convention can operate at full capacity.

Trump said, "Unfortunately, Democratic Governor @RoyCooperNC is still in Shutdown mood (sic) & unable to guarantee that by August we will be allowed full attendance in the Arena." Trump went on to threaten a switch if the Governor doesn't cave ... "... we will be reluctantly forced to find, with all of the jobs and economic development it brings, another Republican Convention site. This is not something I want to do."

Doctors and scientists have implored people to maintain social distancing in public ... that's why there will be no fans at sporting events in the foreseeable future. What's more, just a few people who have the virus can infect hundreds, and those hundreds can infect thousands and so on. It's been happening at churches, choirs, nursing homes, etc.

Vice President Pence called Trump's threat "very reasonable," adding the likely contenders for a substitute state are Texas, Florida and Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2020 7:54 PM

I approve.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 3:50 PM

I say cram as many fucking Republicans in there as humanly possible, then watch with glee as they all die by election day.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 3:56 PM

Do it..! Great idea....

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 3:57 PM

My sentiments exactly R2.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 4:03 PM

Yep, you'll really "stick it to the libs" if you cram all your sorry republican asses into a convention hall. Do it!

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Oh no! The Orange Afterbirth is gonna move the Communist Party Congress to a red state if Governor Cooper doesn't allow them to all infect one another. The poor hookers, rent boys, and trans sex workers of North Carolina WILL suffer without all those fat white crackers to pay for their services that week. But I guess the hookers and trade in any of those red states will happily take the uptick in business wherever the Communist GOP moves it's Klan rally.

Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 4:06 PM

R6, your enthusiasm is infectious!

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 4:10 PM

I'm surprised the Tangerine Toddler referred to the Governor as "Democratic Governor" as opposed to his usual word play of "Democrat".

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 4:19 PM

Watch, he'll move it to Mar-A-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 4:22 PM

i'm gonna be there. this will end so goodly šŸ˜‰

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 4:25 PM

Governor Cooper, please, please, please accommodate Trump and the Republicans demands. The best possible outcome of a Republican convention in the face of an epidemic is to load as many Republicans and Trump supporters in one place as possible, turn off the air conditioning, and let them stew in their juices. They're too stupid to realize their mistake, too slow to respond to save lives, and too conceited to admit their error. The end result will be hundreds, if not thousands of additional cases, and dozens, if not hundreds, of dead. This will shift North Carolina into the blue column for decades.

The only good Republican and.or Trump supporter is a dead Republican/Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 4:26 PM

R9: The only way the RNC will allow that is if there are easily accessible hookers (female, male, and trans) withing 10 minutes of his dump. Anyone know if this is the case in Palm Beach County?

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 4:28 PM

Please invite all Republican elected officials. And that Bexar County GOP lady.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 4:28 PM

Oh, R12, honey... they won't have to look beyond the grounds of Mar-A-Slago for hookers of all stripes.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Bear in mind that Charlotte was the only city that even WANTED it. There are no alternate locations ready to go.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote] I'm surprised the Tangerine Toddler referred to the Governor as "Democratic Governor" as opposed to his usual word play of "Democrat".

He didn't. He called him "Democrat Governor."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 5:22 PM

They should definitely do this.

Actually, they should also open it to spectators, family, and friends of delegates. Make it into a huge party.

Forbid masks or any facial covering, as well.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 5:35 PM

Let him have the convention center, but keep the hotels closed. They can bring sleeping bags.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 5:46 PM

Oh I hope so and when they get sick itā€™ll be like Nazis being sent to concentration camps (and guarantee loss of the election).

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 5:52 PM

I want all those delegates crammed in my office to take turns tongue-fucking my boypussy.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 5:54 PM

Does he even have the authority to make that decision unilaterally? it's supposed to be the decision of the RNC.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 5:57 PM

they do what he says, r21.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 6:01 PM

Breathe deep the gathering dooom.

Ventilator lights fade from every room.

Bedsitter people look back and lament, maybe I shouldn't have gotten that bent.

Impassioned operatives hit the conspiracy sites.

Incels and ammosexuals believe the freedumb hype

New trumptard picks up and screams MAGA at his son.

Seniors wish they could still be that dumb.

Orange traitor that rules the air, removes the science from our fairs.

Red is dead and never right.

But we decide to fight and end this cult delusion.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 6:23 PM

The president is the party leader.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 6:23 PM

They should have MULTIPLE conventions, Vegas would be perfect for this. Anyone welcome! No masks allowed. Standing room only!

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 6:24 PM

Sounds like a new version of assisted suicide.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 6:25 PM

Kindly proceed!

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 6:28 PM

This is all a ploy by Mango Mussolini. He wants the convention at Mar-a-Lago in Florida for two reasons: 1) to pour money into his personal bank account; and 2) to help ensure he wins Florida.

However, is Mar-a-Lago even big enough to hold a convention? Doesnā€™t look like it.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 6:36 PM

My god, Republicans truly are like gays clamoring to go to the bath house at the height of the AIDS epidemic! Iā€™m sure they will this comparison!

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 6:38 PM

R15. I hadnā€™t heard that Charlotte, NC was the only city that wanted the Repig convention. If thatā€™s true, itā€™s all the more reason that the asshole will try and move it to Mar-a-Lago, which will be total chaos since itā€™s probably not big enough, and the heat in Florida is like going to hell in August despite air conditioning.

No way does Trump want all that deplorable crap roaming around his Florida property.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2020 6:47 PM

[quote] Donald Trump wants thousands of Republican delegates crammed into the convention hall in North Carolina

I do too. And I'd gladly donate some money so they can all attend

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2020 6:56 PM

And as repugnant as North Carolina is, once in a while they've been known to have a tiny shred of decency. So Florida should be second choice

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2020 6:57 PM

As much as I wish Covid-19 cases would spike among the Trump fans, I fear it won't happen as there's little justice in this world.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2020 7:02 PM

Instead of Mar-A-Lago, I think the Orange Pustule would rather move it to somewhere near Doral (Miami). Remember how he tried to get the G7 Summit to happen there?

[quote] I hadnā€™t heard that Charlotte, NC was the only city that wanted the Repig convention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2020 7:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2020 7:21 PM

Bootsy, where did you get that image? Perfect!

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2020 7:24 PM

I agree that he'd move it to Doral. I think they'll move it to Florida since it looks like the state is turning against him.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2020 7:55 PM

The Kool-Aid is orange and plentiful. Drink it up Republican brothers and sisters! Let us see your patriotic, maskless mouths sup strength from the Chalice of Freedom!

Or are you disloyal to your Fuhrer?

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2020 7:57 PM

Isn't the Doral where the Pritikin Diet Center Retreat is located? Why haven't they offered the orange blimp a complimentary program, seems like the neighborly thing to do. Wonder if the Slovenian Hooker gets a free stay whenever she needs to drop a few.

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2020 8:00 PM

There isn't much to do in Charlottee, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2020 8:06 PM

I hate to be the proverbial turd in the punchbowl...I would be all for the cheerleading here if it were only the convention goers and their Republican friends and families who suffered and died. But there's also the hundreds of convention workers (and hotel workers, etc.) who have no choice but to show up and earn their paycheck, and the medical professionals back home in West Bumfuck who have to take care of the selfish pig Republicans once infected. This is the total Libertarian Fallacy that's so obvious a toddler should understand: "individual freedoms" are never limited to the individual.

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2020 8:07 PM

Cooper will not fold.

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2020 8:08 PM

I say pack 'em in there like sardines and anyone attempting to enter with a mask and gloves should be executed on site. NO EXCEPTIONS!

And the ones that do get covid-19 need to sign a waiver refusing all medical care.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2020 8:11 PM

r41, it's a joke, like when Trump suggested people shoot up with Pine-Sol.

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2020 8:19 PM

Charlotte in August? Sounds delightful!

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2020 8:22 PM

For entertainment they should do the conga, play Twister, and bob for apples.

by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote] as repugnant as North Carolina is, once in a while they've been known to have a tiny shred of decency.

North Carolina has long been held red by its largely rural areas and the city of... Charlotte! which just happens to boast the highest number of Covid infections in the state, by a long shot.

Former Lt. Governor Stone, when not whining about Pottery Barnā€™s hour, pointed out that Charlotteā€™s numbers appear artificially high because there are no hospitals in the surrounding counties, so everyone heads in for diagnosis.

That logic makes the city of Durham look pretty good, in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2020 9:04 PM

Be best, NC.

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote]Donald 'Jim Jones' Trump, leading the simple to death

I'll fixted it.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2020 10:18 PM

[Quote]when not whining about Pottery Barnā€™s hour

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2020 10:22 PM

His best idea ever!

by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2020 10:24 PM

[quote]Oh no! The Orange Afterbirth is gonna move the Communist Party Congress...

R6, the "Communist Party Congress"? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2020 10:28 PM

r50 sorry, typo. ^^hours

Stone publicly complained to Pottery Barn that they hadnā€™t reopened when everything else had, which sparked a backlash until he made his Twitter private. thereā€™s a thread.

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2020 11:01 PM

Thanks, R53. I blink and miss threads here.

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2020 11:39 PM

r54 you didnā€™t miss much. entitled republican is entitled.

by Anonymousreply 55May 25, 2020 11:49 PM

What happens if a person casts a mail-in ballot and dies before Election Day? Serious question? Does each state make its own rules?

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2020 12:24 AM

Out of respect for our freedum ,there will be no masks allowed and Open Carry is encouraged !

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2020 12:27 AM

...or else he'll shoot somebody up in the middle of Fifth Avenue?

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2020 12:29 AM

Answering my own question from R56.

Yes, it depends on the State. Some count the dead personā€™s vote. Some will discount it if challenged and proved, which is apparently rare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2020 12:30 AM

[quote] Does each state make its own rules?

Yes, they are all different, which is why some states have more trustworthy systems and some are completely corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2020 12:32 AM

I don't have a problem with this. Go ahead and gather, Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2020 12:37 AM

All they need is one super spreader. There was that guy from New Rochelle who spread it to his temple members at home and people where he worked, and people on the subway. Itā€™s the reason N.Y. so quickly led the states in infection. This week, there were two hair stylists in Springfield MO who may have exposed 150 people to infection, though I donā€™t know what the number of infections actually was. With the Convention in August, they could have a considerable number of people struck with illness by the end of September.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2020 12:56 AM

Maybe HM, the Queen, can provide prophylactic doses of his current favorite med to convention-goers? She doesn't care too much about blindness just as long as they still can vote!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2020 1:02 AM

He must beā€¦ I donā€™t know what he is. But truth and common sense must simply elude him. This is courting disaster. Within a week or two that virus will spread, and it will be because of him. But doesnā€™t he get that? Does he know what that would do to his reelection chances?

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2020 1:12 AM

This can only end well. I live in Boston where the now infamous BioGen conference was responsible for early spread of COVID19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2020 1:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Are we never going to have public gatherings again for the rest of our lives? At some point, soon, the prohibitions need to end.

by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2020 2:28 AM

I'm happy to let the Republicans go first, R67.

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2020 2:33 AM

I hope there is a lot of hugging, and bare cheek-to-cheek contact, involved. Let them own us Liberals like never before.

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2020 2:42 AM

Well, this should work out well for them.

by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote] R67: Are we never going to have public gatherings again for the rest of our lives? At some point, soon, the prohibitions need to end.

If you play your cards right, ā€œThe rest of your lifeā€, ā€œsome point soonā€, and ā€œneed to endā€, will all work together for a satisfying outcome, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2020 2:26 AM

cram as many of them together as humanly possible. Where, I dont care. I dont even care if it ends up at a trump property

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2020 4:02 AM

Can we just lock them in?

Maybe start a fire?

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2020 4:03 AM

The thing is, Iā€™m no longer convinced DJT can win in FLA. I have many friends from the NE and Chicago who live there as retirees, and they are PISSED at that governor. I am hoping there are enough pissed Yankees to shame their governor into protecting public health. I know they are just a small faction of voters in FL, but I think they are big enough to move the election our way.

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2020 4:46 AM

I hope this fucker loses bigly then dies.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2020 6:43 AM

Who wants Nazis coming to their state, during a pandemic?

Any takers.

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2020 6:45 AM

[quote]I'm happy to let the Republicans go first, [R67].

Me, too. However....isn't the Democratic convention a week prior to the Republican convention?

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2020 7:51 AM

Diamond & Silk are from NC and will be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2020 8:51 AM

Trumpā€™s interest in the outside world extends to the tip of his nose.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2020 9:08 AM

Yesterday on the news, the Governors of Texas, Florida, and Georgia were expressing a willingness to host as an alternative to Charlotte. These are very pro-Trump, open early, Governors.

Doubtful Mayor Bottoms of Atlanta would embrace having the convention in the city.

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2020 9:32 AM

Move it down I-85 to Greenville, SC. It is close enough to have hourly bus tours to the little community of Central, and see the childhood home of top Trump enthusiast, the fabulous Lindsey. It is now a trendy restaurant featuring fish.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2020 9:55 AM

R47, While I appreciate your views, youā€™re wrong about just about everything you said. Charlotte and Mecklenburg County voted for Clinton over Trump by 30 percentage points, and other than part of one congressional district, overwhelmingly voted for the Democratic candidates in all races in 2016. The mayor of Charlotte is a Democrat and nine of the eleven member city council are Democrats. Mecklenburg County is not why NC went red in 2016. Your point might work for the bedroom communities of Davidson or Concord, but itā€™s not true at all about Mecklenburg County.

In terms of Rep, Scott Stone, he is not the former Lt. Governor of N.C., he is a relatively new member of the state house. He unsuccessfully ran for the Republican nomination in this yearā€™s primary for Lt. Governor but came in near the bottom.

Durham is a great city, but there is no need to smear Charlotte, which is also a liberal harbor in a conservative ocean.

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2020 12:37 PM

Here's a Reddit thread on gerrymandering in North Carolina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2020 7:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!