Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Staten Islanders Berate Maskless Woman In Food Store

They actually tell her to get the FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2020 12:25 PM

"Food Store"?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 2:43 PM

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 2:43 PM

Good. This is the type of public shaming I like to see

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 2:45 PM

Finally Staten Island is on the right side of history

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 2:47 PM

All that screaming just spreads the virus quicker

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 2:48 PM

Lol, R5 is right.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 2:49 PM

God bless those guidos

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 2:49 PM

Staten Island? This gives me hope.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 2:52 PM

They should have just cunt punted her

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 2:52 PM

I wonder if their rage is driven by the fact that they are all at risk because they are overweight? I was just noticing all the fat swinging around when the one in the electric cart swam up.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 2:53 PM

People should leave their homes with water pistols, and then squirt the shit out of people not wearing a mask in a store.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 2:54 PM

Too bad the Trader Joe's Karen didn't try her stunt in this store.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 2:59 PM

This is most notable because Staten Island is full of pigs and Trump supporters, so the fact that they are this serious about wearing a mask shows that the GOP here is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 3:05 PM

Staten Island is also full of cops and firemen, R13 and many of them have gotten sick as the virus spreads through NYC, so it's likely most of the people in the store knew someone who'd gotten sick and/or died.

When the virus hits the Deplorable Zone they will have the same reaction

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 3:10 PM

as stated above:

A lot of cops, firemen, EMTs and health care workers live in Staten Island. After the hell they've witnessed for the past two months, their patience with this bullshit may be understandably reduced.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 3:18 PM

can someone resend the video. It's not playing anymore

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 3:21 PM

r13 not all of Staten islands. My cousin lives there and her family aren't Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 3:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 3:26 PM

There's no context here--I can't figure out anything other than people are shouting at someone in an upscale "food store."

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 3:29 PM

First time ever this NY'er is proud of Staten Island. I hope this goes viral and sets and example.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 3:36 PM

Does anyone here not recoil in the slightest at the mob mentality? I do, even though I religiously wear a mask in public.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 3:58 PM

Speaking of Staten Island, I miss Big Ang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 4:03 PM

New Yorker here R21, and this is not a case of mob mentality. The masked shoppers were in the right.

Had I been in the store at the time, I would have berated her myself.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 4:14 PM

I love the woman on the Rascal mobility scooter. She goes up to the commotion and suddenly you hear “beep, beep, beep” as she backs away.

This is something a great comedy director would do.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 4:45 PM

Still they're acting like DEPLORABLES.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 5:16 PM

Hi...native Staten Islander here. Yes, this borough is filled with hopelessly stupid and ignorant Trump supporters, more so than any other borough, but there are a lot of people who also are sane and rational and think he's a disgrace. As far as this video goes, it's interesting that while in many parts of the country you see Trump supporters have adopted this whole 'masks are for libtard faggots/masks are infringing on my rights' narrative, New York City and Staten Island in particular with its Trump fans are a notable exception. The only explanation I can offer is that New York City was hit hard and early by COVID. We've seen firsthand the death and horror of it. New Yorkers get it, regardless of who they voted for. Wearing masks in stores is a sign of respect for each other and slowing the spread of the virus. Why the rest of the country doesn't get it while Staten Island does is odd. What's even more interesting is that while very few here deny the gravity of the situation, those who support Trump live in this strange alternate universe where yes, the virus is terrible and serious, but NONE of this is his fault and everything is a plot to make him look bad when he's doing everything he can. I still pray every day Trump, Pence and the like contract it and die horrible deaths from it.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 5:25 PM

R26, you bring up excellent points.

New Yorkers saw the chaos and loss first and hardest. The rest of the country hasn’t, yet.

I sort of equate it with two people being in a war:

If one of those guys was in the trenches shooting it out with the enemy and the other was in an office position in the same country but never saw the front lines, they will have two completely different perspectives on “the war.”

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 5:35 PM

Staten Island’s infection rate is second in the five boroughs. The Bronx is #1.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 5:39 PM

R25, deplorable behavior was exhibited by the unmasked shopper.

For the common good, you slap on a mask, get your shopping done and get out of there.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 5:45 PM

Staten Island also declined to jump on the yahoos' "end the lockdown" bandwagon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2020 5:45 PM

[quote] "No mask needed. Bring your children. Non-essential workers. If you’re sick still come, it’s your right!” stated the fliers.

SMFH.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2020 5:49 PM

Maybe her mask fell off or she made one with invisible cotton?

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2020 5:49 PM

This is AWFUL. This woman is obviously Latina, and this group doesn’t have access to health information like the rest of you white people. They should give her a mask, rather than scream at her.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2020 8:06 PM

Good one r33

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2020 8:08 PM

I Love New York!

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Get out. Get the fuck outta here!

Tell us how you really feel!

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2020 8:13 PM

Nice ass in tight pants @ OP. No one noticed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2020 12:46 AM

I wish people would yell at trump like that next time he sticks his fat unmasked face somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2020 1:27 AM

luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2020 1:52 AM

When I went out Thursday most people were wearing masks but a few were not. However about half the people wearing masks just covered their mouths not their noses.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2020 2:17 AM

[quote] R11: People should leave their homes with water pistols, and then squirt the shit out of people not wearing a mask in a store.

I was at a rather elegant restaurant with a friend who was upset because it was his birthday and only one other and I met him at the table for six he had reserved. He had a high-power water pistol and one of us fired it at an acquaintance of his across the room, who reacted, but didn’t know what it was. After a little more liquor the other two started getting carried away and I did something unusual for me, I just got up and left. As I drove away, I was passed by two police cars with lights and sirens. They were probably called about guns being fired in a waterfront restaurant.

My birthday friend was mad at his landlord when being evicted, so he superglued his door along the entire door frame. He eventually disappeared for a year or two and refused to say where he’d been. I assume he went to jail. Habitually in debt and drugs. He was an intelligent guy but antisocial. Voted Republican to be contrary, if he bothered to vote at all. Got fired from a really great job at the phone company. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2020 3:49 AM

I was in a Flyover Walmart on Saturday and only a few people were wearing masks. And those were mostly dark-skinned people.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2020 4:39 AM

Deplorables and their fear-induced stupidity and mob-think.

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2020 4:44 AM

R40, talk about a tangent.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2020 12:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!