Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET to yuppies?

Where’d they all go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 5:50 AM

Irvine, CA.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 1:28 AM

They went away when corporate America started outsourcing to India. Now we have techies at Sunnyvale, CA making $120K and having to live in a van

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 1:30 AM

Trump Rallies. They traded the Ralph Lauren bizwear for MAGA hats.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 1:30 AM

They're all whitehairs now (dyeing it, though) and hanging on to their jobs for dear life, refusing to retire after 45 years or so. Desperately trying to not make waves.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 1:40 AM

Eeeew. I was in college during the heyday of this stuff. Scores of sorority girls with plaid skirts secured with a giant gold safety pin. And the boys with sweaters tied around their necks and the "popped" collars of their polo shirts. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 1:43 AM

R5 I think you’re thinking of “preppies.”

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 1:45 AM

We're 're still here...we're eldergays now. I'm 66, and retired for 11 years after a career of investment banking at Merrill Lynch. Never really understood the histrionics about YUPpies. I went to college, worked hard, advanced, made money, bought homes, traveled, invested, and retired. If someone chooses not to do those things...and it IS a choice...then they reap what they sow.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 4:48 AM

R7 votes republican and can’t die fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 5:41 AM

The "y" is now an "o."

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!