Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just had a shower and brushed my teeth.

Everything seemed fine until I went to fill up my cat's water dish and noticed that the water from the tap is running brown!

Will I die?

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 9:42 PM

Yes, OP. Get your affairs in order.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 7:57 PM

Hopefully

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 7:57 PM

Can I have your things?

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 7:58 PM

That's not nice, R2.

I guess so, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 8:00 PM

We have water discoloration at my workplace occasionally. They always send out an email saying it’s harmless but they’re addressing it blah blah blah.

I’ll go out on a limb here and say you’re gonna live.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 8:07 PM

OP, do you live in Flint, MI?

Let the water run for a while, and if it doesn't clear up, it wouldn't hurt to boil it for five minutes before you cook or drink it. If its hot water, it could be that your hot water heater is about to go out, and you're getting rusty water out the faucet.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 8:37 PM

Ugh. Rusty pipes OR bad water filtration. Either way, start buying bottled water or invest in a water purifier. In the meantime, call your local water department and report it. Demand an answer.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 8:40 PM

My hot water heater is less than a year old, R6!

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 9:23 PM

You won’t but the cat is a goner.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 9:25 PM

I didn't give him the water from the tap, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 9:27 PM

[quote]Discolored water caused by iron and manganese sediment has no health impact and it is safe to drink. Understandably, you may prefer to wait until it clears before using it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!