Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do I get a ‘rejected’ error...

When attempting to post something benign, with a photo, about Soon-Yi Previn and Woody Allen? Cannot post, and I have a paid account.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 2:26 PM

GIF's are no longer visible in link previews. Get your act together Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2020 12:30 PM

But I seem to be able to post when their names are not in the subject line and there is no photo. First world problems, I know.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2020 12:30 PM

Some sites are verboten to link to.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 12:32 PM

Forget it, Jake. It's Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 12:38 PM

They just sent a notice out "No more posts about Woody Allen."

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 12:39 PM

Doubtful, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Where were you linking to with the photo? Some benign websites like CNN are blocked on DL now. Some Australian news site was blocked for me the other day, too. That might be the problem.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 12:49 PM

I tried a photo from vulture.com and then Wikipedia, and received the same error with both... a few times r7. It wasn’t really so much about Woody Allen r5, only indirectly - was more about Soon-Yi, and wasn’t hateful or racy at all.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 1:16 PM

Let's test:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 1:17 PM

R9 Who's that dude?

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 1:18 PM

For some reason, all the Vulture images of Soon-Yi that I found actually link to NYMag, but at least R9 posted.

Let's try Wikipedia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 1:19 PM

Well, OP, I got nothin'. Images of Soon-Yi and Woody posted just fine from Vulture and Wikipedia. You might have used a word that DL forbids for spam reasons, or maybe there's something up with your browser, but I'm just spitballing here.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Thanks r12, but it perhaps it’s ok to post those photos and links within an existing thread and maybe not when creating a thread. Not sure but I tried a new thread again with those links and nada - rejections for days. Story of my life. Maybe I’ll move on to posting new threads about Meghan Markle or Ryan O’Neal or the Golden Girls as I’ve not seen those on here for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 1:44 PM

Who knows. This site throws up all sorts of random errors, even on purely text only posts. Have you had a "permission denied" error yet? You will sooner or later, and for no discernable reason. Sometimes you will be able to post the exact same thing successfully hours later, or post something different in the same thread you couldnt put your original post into

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 1:47 PM

As I said before, forget it Jake. It's Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 1:55 PM

I haven’t been able to post any pics or links for months now. I just assumed that I’m on Muriel’s shitlist and she’s put me on mute.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 2:13 PM

"wasn’t hateful or racy at all"

You really are a DL outsider, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2020 2:17 PM

My story's quite usual--local girl makes good, weds famous man. I was there at the right place at the perfect time. Filled a gap, I was lucky. But one thing I'll say for me, no one else can fill it like I can.

Suck it, Mia. Suck it, Christina. Suck it, Stacey. You might have gotten in before me. But when he finally kicks off, it's alllllll mine.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2020 2:25 PM

Haha r17, I guess I am an outsider at heart - despite having been here for years and years. I post the rare bitchy comment, but mostly I try to be kind-ish.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 2:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!