Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karen strikes again

Karen protects the stairs of America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2020 5:36 PM

Being a married heterosexual Christian (preferably with children) imbues her with powers she would not normally have.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 11:52 PM

I wonder which one of their mom's that was playing the part of "Karen."

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 11:57 PM

Enough with the Karen shit, please... i still don't know what Karen is.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2020 12:10 AM

Look in a mirror, r3

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 12:13 AM

Immediately!!!!! Damn, shove a road cone up her fetid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 12:20 AM

Hope she dies

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 12:24 AM

In this situation "Karen" is correct. Typical white douche bros acting entitled. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 12:37 AM

Asshole misogynist thread.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 12:38 AM

You know if that kid didn't make the stunt and ended up dead or comatose his parents would have sued her for not protecting their sweet innocent child.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote]Enough with the Karen shit, please... i still don't know what Karen is.

Bullshit you don't. You know.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 12:52 AM

I kinda support her on this one, but if stupid kids want to compete for the Darwin Awards, go for it. The herd doesn't need people like that recreating.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote] Asshole misogynist thread.

There are male Karens, it's not really about the gender.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 12:59 AM

Isn’t that private property?

If it’s a public plaza that is one thing...

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 12:59 AM

Comments say she was a security guard doing her job.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 1:02 AM

I don't care, that trick was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 1:02 AM

If she really is a security guard, I'm on her side.

They're idiots anyway, but as a private citizen, there's no point in saying anything to assholes like those little shits.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 1:08 AM

Why are all Karens today fat?

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2020 1:08 AM

This is not a clear call. If she's security, then there's a heap of trouble/lawsuits if anything should happen.

This isn't a Karening - they set up some video equipment and lights to do this without permits or permission.

Not a Karen.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2020 1:14 AM

Stupid stunts can be banned on public property, also. She was just doing her job and the video would make a great defense when one of them missed and broke his neck.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 1:23 AM

The irony of this thread when you read the posts...

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2020 1:36 AM

Except that Karen is a woman's name R12 so clearly it's a meme towards one gender. And of course, like most memes it's completely lost its meaning rather quickly since it's being applied to any woman who a man doesn't like, for any reason whatsoever. In this case, a woman whose job it is to keep entitled douchebag punks from skating on private property

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2020 1:54 AM

R21, when they're guys, we just call them douchebags or dickheads - not exactly better than "Karen"

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2020 1:59 AM

WHO THE FUCK IS KAREN?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2020 2:04 AM

Fuck off, she's not a security guard!

"Somebody call the sheriff!"

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2020 2:09 AM

[quote]In this case, a woman whose job it is to keep entitled douchebag punks from skating on private property

They weren't skating, I doubt you watched it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2020 2:10 AM

[quote] WHO THE FUCK IS KAREN?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!

You are, Rose

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote]WHO THE FUCK IS KAREN?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!

Demand that the manager to tell you!

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2020 2:13 AM

That was an awesome stunt. Leave the boys alone, Karen. You aren't going to stop boneheads doing dangerous things.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2020 2:23 AM

And we call women bitches and cunts R22, what's your point? Wheres the meme for those douchebags and assholes?

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2020 2:38 AM

I did R25 but I also read through the reddit comments where people spoke quite frequently about that spot being very popular amongst skateboarders so I forgot they were on bikes, not boards. As if that makes a fucking difference

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2020 2:42 AM

If we didn't live in such a litigious society then entitled assholes like the ones in the video would be able to risk their lives as much as possible without someone needing to step in and stop them

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2020 2:44 AM

Love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2020 2:46 AM

Is that the new regulation uniform for Security officers? An oversized t-shirt and leggings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2020 3:06 AM

[quote] Fuck off, she's not a security guard!

[quote]"Somebody call the sheriff!"

You think because she said call the sheriff she’s not a security guard?!

A security guard’s job is to observe and report, not take police action. If the kids refused to leave the property, the security guard doesn’t arrest them, they call the police (or sheriff) to do so.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2020 11:58 AM

I know this place, this was the El Toro High School stair out Late Forest in OC. My brother broke his arm skating there. They demolished it last year to stop entitled cunts like the ones in this video. The woman was definitely a security guard of the school.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2020 12:55 PM

“They” call they police. They don’t just shout for someone else to.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2020 12:55 PM

These Karens have been around for a while now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2020 12:57 PM

R23 Karen is a term for bossy entitled white women who usually work in HR.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2020 1:01 PM

Ginny in Billing is so much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2020 1:08 PM

Sometimes that’s not possible, easy, or feasible. If she’s saying it also to scare the kids so they’ll go away, that’s fine, too.

None of that means she’s not the security guard for the school.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Because security guards never carry cell phones...

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2020 1:16 PM

As I said, this was school security. Here's a video of the stairs today, they remodelled the stairs with some bondo bumps to curb skaters but apparently they still go there to be idiots, till someone breaks their neck, hopefully. I was a former skater but I was never reckless, I find guys like that stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2020 1:16 PM

Thanks, R40. Some of these people just don’t know what different types of security guards there are. They are not all rent a cops with a uniform and gun. Few are sworn law enforcement officers. They are often people hired by the owner to watch the place. And to tell people to stop what they are doing or to leave, just like the owner could. If that doesn’t work, they call the police. Or have someone call if they can’t at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2020 1:22 PM

R17 - because even non-Karens that go to the gym and burn at least 400 calories and lift and eat healthy gain 20 lbs upon arrival in the US. It is a mystery to me and just about every other American who returns from Europe...like wtf? Meanwhile, over there you eat pasta, eschew the gym for walking, and drink wine and you are a size 4, back to the US and BOOM...size 8 (these are those of us who kill ourselves) in 1 month.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2020 1:23 PM

Arrest that kid who got in the vehicle and took control of it. Clearly illegal. False imprisonment.

Then she should sue the family civilly for infliction of emotional distress.

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2020 1:24 PM

This whole "Karen" trend is boring, it's played out like every other outrage trend. A few good videos of bossy ladies got a ton of attention and suddenly everyone is trying to find the next big "Karen" video, and if you dare point out how lame it is, they try to zing you with "you're a Karen, that's why you hate it."

It's especially dumb on Datalounge where the "frau" meme has been a big part of the website for 20 years. Now suddenly we're supposed to be amused by the same shit with a different name?

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2020 1:28 PM

50% of DLers have low visual and information literacy. And that's among the gay DLers. Let's not even consider the other weirdos who post here. Every cunt is now a Karen because a retired shop bottom needs attention.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2020 1:37 PM

SHE wasn't a Karen, she was doing her job, and those little shits were intimidating her. I can't get over how that little bitch got into her cart and decided he would try to move it. I'd have kicked his ass. There were three of them, and she was alone. That sucks. I am so fucking tired of this culture war Trump flamed and encouraged. People believe they have cart blanche to ignore the rules and do WTF ever they want. This woman was in the right. I was hoping that little bastard would have broken his neck. Maybe next time.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2020 1:53 PM

She's definitely not a Karen. She's security and has every reason to stop him.

[quote]She was just doing her job and the video would make a great defense when one of them missed and broke his neck.

Not for the squeamish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2020 1:58 PM

I really hate that DL is using "Karen".

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2020 1:58 PM

We’ll take that into consideration, r50.

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Same here, r50. It's played out. Frau/fraus (not frauen) is still the best.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2020 2:03 PM

R52 - but Fraus and Karens are different.

I think the Karen meme is useful - it calls out these people who bitch over nothing or petty grievances and only want to make other people's lives hell.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote] Enough with the Karen shit, please... i still don't know what Karen is

The white version of That Angry Black Woman (tm) that we've all encountered.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2020 2:34 PM

All women are cunts in waiting.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2020 5:21 PM

The El Toro stair set was one of the most famous, my friend broke his elbow there, but not jumping, he was just hanging out at the bottom and didn't pay attention and stepped on his board and bailed and landed on his arm. lol

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2020 5:27 PM

How was she wrong? Those turd kids are the assholes who take their skateboards and grind up rails and stairs with their bro-dawg bullshit. Then they jump the stairs and bust their fucking heads open and want to file a lawsuit. Maybe she is a Karen and maybe she isn’t. All I know is those kids are douchey retards.

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote]Those turd kids are the assholes who take their skateboards and grind up rails and stairs with their bro-dawg bullshit.

All the pro skaters who are respected, famous, and rich were once described just like that by someone.

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2020 6:31 PM

Pro skaters are respected R58? Snort. Maybe by other skaters. Normal people in society still think they are annoying douchebag

by Anonymousreply 59May 25, 2020 3:21 AM

R59 Then I'm not normal. have met Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, and Paul Rodriguez, they didn't seem like annoying douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 60May 25, 2020 3:37 AM

You're not normal, R60.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. R59 is just closer to the mark on the public's estimation of these types of skaters.

by Anonymousreply 61May 25, 2020 12:00 PM

But did you meet them post success and when they were older? Maybe they were douchebags when they were younger.

by Anonymousreply 62May 25, 2020 2:09 PM

What kind of security guard begs onlookers to call the police?

by Anonymousreply 63May 25, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote] and Paul Rodriguez,

He was a great comedian. Sad to hear he was a douchebag to you.

by Anonymousreply 64May 25, 2020 3:59 PM

I hate Karens, but in this case, I'm with Karen. These asshole kids could have killed themselves and/or caused property damage.

by Anonymousreply 65May 25, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]He was a great comedian. Sad to hear he was a douchebag to you

Get it right. I said he wasn't a douchebag. Very nice guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2020 4:15 PM

It is obvious from that stupid little vehicle that she is some sort of security or grounds crew for the school, not a "Karen." Though even if she wasn't a school official, it shouldn't make any difference. We all have the responsibility to follow rules and to tell others to do the same. When we don't police one another, that is what leads to more heavy-handed policing from the actual police. To me a "Karen" isn't a white woman who just tells people to follow the universal rules. A "Karen" is someone who tries to force people to follow "her" rules.

by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2020 4:36 PM

Calling all Karens...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2020 3:02 AM

I wonder what the white gay men on here would think if their homosexuality was weaponized by using the stereotype of gay men being more likely to rape boys and some boy tried to tell the cops that an old perv was attempting to attack them.

That cunt @R68 specifically used the guy's race because she knew the reaction it would get when calling the cops. It doesn't matter what you think of him, she is despicable. I'm not surprised you myopic turds can't see it. Make him a gay man and she with a male child and telling the cops a "GAY man is trying to hurt my child," let's see what the reaction would be be from you hypocritical assholes.

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2020 5:30 AM

Did he say "Help me move this bitch!"?

by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2020 3:13 PM

It was funny. But really, I'm all Karened out. Can we take a two week break from Karens?

by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2020 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!