Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan McCain Warns Biden: Don’t Make My Father’s Sarah Palin Mistake

The hosts of The View spent Friday morning giving Joe Biden some advice as he starts his search for what he has promised will be a female running mate. Meghan McCain had just one big warning: Don’t make the same mistake her father made in 2008.

Biden has been holding virtual live stream events with prospective VP picks, which Whoopi Goldberg fretted might look like a “reality show” competition. McCain explained that she is personally not a big fan of “chemistry tests.”

“Not to make this about me, but when I was originally offered the job on this show, they wanted to test me with a bunch of the ladies and I said, ‘No, you see what I can do,’” McCain revealed. As she explained it, she again refused to do a chemistry test a few years later and they hired her anyway. “I think vice presidential picks are the exact same way.”

Meghan McCain Blames Obama for ‘Ushering in’ Trump

She continued, “My father—and I know people get very triggered when I talk about him, so just bear with me—he chose an unorthodox running mate. He chose someone he hadn’t had a lot of experience with. In fact, I believe he only met Sarah Palin twice before announcing her as his vice presidential pick.”

On his deathbed, John McCain used both his final book and an HBO documentary about his life to say that one of his “biggest regrets,” in his daughter’s words, was choosing Palin over his friend Joe Lieberman.

Because of the times we’re living in now, Meghan McCain said that he “has to go with the person who is going to lead us out of this absolute epidemic, pandemic, generational crisis, because as far as I'm concerned, it's looking like it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.”

She urged Biden to pick someone that he “trusts” as much as President Obama clearly trusted him, a point that Biden himself made during his interview with Stephen Colbert the night before.

Taking one last swipe at Palin, McCain said that treating the decision like a “beauty queen contest” and picking someone “who can perform the best in front of a camera for 20 minutes, is probably completely ill-suited for this time.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 26, 2020 5:13 AM

If she had done those chemistry tests Meghan wouldn't have gotten the job and she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 11:26 PM

I'm curious who she thinks Biden's "Sarah Palin" would be?

Stacey Abrams?

Kamala Harris?

Amy Klobuchar?

Or is she just speaking about a female, in general?

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 11:30 PM

I'm no great fan of Sarah Palin but Mccain would have lost even wirh Lieberman as VP. Probably even more so.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 11:32 PM

She’s such a cunt. MegHan needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote]I'm curious who she thinks Biden's "Sarah Palin" would be?

Don't fall for it. She's setting the stage for the next Republican attack. Republicans are going to try to define Biden's VP choice as being unqualified and unfit to become POTUS--which could be a BIG probability

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 11:34 PM

“Not to make this about me...”. But let me clearly make this about me and my daddy, as I always do!

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 11:37 PM

Not to make this about me, but

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 11:37 PM

Just last week, this evil cunt megan said something about being undecided who to vote for. She's still on the fence, whether to vote for trump (who bashed her dad) and a biden

She said, "stuff like this (I forget what they were talking about) is why I am unsure of who I am going to vote for president"

trump was right about her dad. He was a piece of shit (just like trump) and even worse, he raised a horrible daughter who is a piece of shit too. Not a shred of decency in the mccain or trump families. NONE

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 11:42 PM

So she admits Dad fucked up by picking a total dingbat recommended by a couple of right wing operatives for no particular reason.

Well, I guess that's some kind of progress.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 11:42 PM

Her father biggest mistake was the sperm cell that begot her.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2020 11:43 PM

I don't believe for a second Mccunt is voting for anyone other than Biden. She sure as hell acted as an attack dog for Biden during the primary. Attacking Pete, Beto or anyone she saw as a possible threat to her Daddy's beloved BFF

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 11:46 PM

She is totally inconsistent. She says she hates Trump. Then she defends him and says she has family working for him. Then she says she doesn’t support him for personal family reasons because of what he said about her father. Then she says the only Democrat she would vote for is Biden because she knows him personally. Then she says she would never vote for a Democrat, ever. Then she says Biden has her vote.

She has said all of these things on The View in the past year.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 11:50 PM

John McCain's BFF wasn't Biden, R11.

It's Miss Lindsey Graham. *raised eyebrow*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2020 11:52 PM

John McCain's BFF wasn't Biden, R11.

It's Miss Lindsey Graham. *raised eyebrow*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 11:52 PM

she's a Republican. She'll flail around pretending to care about shit and then in the end vote for the asshole that will lower taxes on rich people. And really, who gives a fuck anyway?

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 11:54 PM

She’ll vote trump because that is who her loathsome husband is going to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 11:58 PM

Lemme guess, some of her best friends are Homos, oops, gay.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2020 12:01 AM

[Quote]Dad fucked up by picking a total dingbat recommended by a couple of right wing operatives for no particular reason.

Stop flogging this false narrative.  Palin was picked for McCain by the RNC, not Schmidt and Wallace, and the RNC failed to vet her properly.  I guess the campaign took it upon faith that she was OK.  It was ultimately McCain's decision.  They found out pretty quickly that it was a mistake -- by that time she'd already been introduced at the convention.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Right r13. Miss Lindsey was constantly with McCain. They took dozens of junkets together all around the world. Lieberman often palled around with them.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 12:05 AM

In other words, Joe, pick a man! The female shortlist is actually horrible!

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2020 12:05 AM

it wasn't Schmidt and Wallace, it was Bill Kristol and Fred Barnes, r18. They liked her spunk and her wingnut stupidity. McCain was a coward and thought, well I gotta throw a bone to the wingnuts, so ...

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2020 12:05 AM

it's going to be a woman r20, and really, there is not a woman in the Democratic Party who can meet your idiotic standards?

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2020 12:06 AM

Of course that bitch Meghan McCain would never admit it was JOHN MCCAIN who sank John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2020 12:08 AM

but in saying what she did r23, she comes a lot closer than she had. Not sure she realizes that, because I think she lives in a dream world in which daddy is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2020 12:10 AM

I hate Meghan with the best of them, but I think she's right this time. Biden is fucking up. He needs proven powerful politicians, like Harris or Warren. He needs someone who could be president given his age. He needs someone who will stand up to the rich and powerful and welcome their hate, which is something Biden himself won't or can't do. My hope is that he picks Warren and retires within one year.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2020 12:11 AM

I love her, but isn't Warren nearly as old as Biden?

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2020 12:14 AM

and really, r18, you think the RNC picked her? Who? When?

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2020 12:16 AM

Warren was the smartest of all the primary runners and appeals to the progressive wing of the party. She would be a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2020 12:17 AM

Meghan's hair and skin look great. She has that pregnant glow.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2020 12:18 AM

Normally, a registered Republic or Democrat who is politics-savvy will vote the party line. I don't like Meghan, but she knows the game of politics. IMO, she might be trying to create some type of "cliffhanger" story line for herself, i.e., pretending that she might vote for Biden.

On the other hand, Trump attacked John McCain & Meghan does seem to like Biden.

I agree that Biden should not draw out this VP picking process like it's the Miss America contest.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2020 12:18 AM

bitch please, Sarah Palin made it more tolerable for Republicans to vote for him just like Mike Pence did with Trump

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2020 12:18 AM

The RNC vetted Sarah Palin. They knew she was a small time mayor and was cray. They pick her for those reason. Just like the RNC vetted Mike Pence. They pick that cray motherfucker because he will do anything for power, is corrupt as shit and is a religious nut job so he could appeal to other religious nut jobs. They are Anti-science. Remember, the Republicans slashed the funding of the pandemic task force, the CDC and the NIH.

Americans should vote all these Republican Out of Office for this.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2020 12:19 AM

I honestly wonder if Warren would just be wasted as VP. It is a big stepping stone, but does she want to sit around until it happens, doing pretty much nothing? I don't know. I think she'd rather be in the Senate or running a big agency. Not sure. I think we always do this: oh I love that person, they should have [job that actually would suck for them, but sounds good].

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2020 12:20 AM

Selecting anyone other than Bernie is campaign suicide

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2020 12:21 AM

No, wingnuts picked Palin as a wingnut. McCain went along with it because he was afraid he'd lose the wingnuts, who weren't that fond of him. He lost anyway, but he thought if he had any shot at all, he'd better get some wingnuts on board. That is where Sarah Palin came from. Nothing to do with the RNC or any Republican establishment types. I'm sure they knew she sucked and would be stupid, but they went along because, hey, what wingnut isn't stupid and ridiculous, and we've been down this road before.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2020 12:22 AM

R28, Warren betrayed peogressives during the primary. I don't they love her anymore other than her feminist and queer/trans supporters

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Biden needs to pick Elizabeth Warren for VP of our country. She is qualified. We have serious fucking problems. Or better yet, Biden can drop out and endorse Elizabeth Warren for President.

In any case, pick Elizabeth Warren and stay out of her way.

Americans need Elizabeth Warren. We need her.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2020 12:23 AM

Warren didn't betray shit. This is why I hate Democrats sometimes, so fucking stupid, so fucking eager to feel betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2020 12:23 AM

Oh shut the fuck up r37, primaries are done, don't be a stupid cunt, por favor.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2020 12:24 AM

R38, she split peogressive voters during a very pivotal time and did it shamelessly and self ritegeously. She literally took 12 million from a billionaire to do so.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2020 12:25 AM

Bernie lost. Deal with the fucking pain. Move on to reality. Who are you voting for r40?

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2020 12:26 AM

R41, He lost due to Warren's snake ass.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2020 12:27 AM

Oh fucking christ on a cunt, this is why everyone wants to punch Democrats in the dick. The stupid fantasies. The stupid refusal to deal with anything but their fantasies. The stupid pretense that they know what the fuck they are talking about and what the fuck they are dealing with. Fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote] So she admits Dad fucked up by picking a total dingbat recommended by a couple of right wing operatives for no particular reason.

nah. Her dad was a dog. He met palin and wanted to get in her pants. Then he immediately selected her for VP and had to spend a few hours with her, where he realized he made a giant mistake. palin had nothing going for her. NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2020 12:29 AM

Biden isn't in McCain's position. Biden is running against the most unpopular, toxic president in history. His disapproval rating is staggering for an incumbent six months from an election.

Warren's replacement would be appointed by a Repug governor, complicating plans for Democrats to take back control of the Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2020 12:31 AM

Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2020 12:31 AM

Please tell me you are 21 r42. Please don't tell me you think you have reasonable thoughts like this at 30?

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2020 12:31 AM

We need Warren! Sure, she came in third place in her own state...

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2020 12:32 AM

It's funny how The DNC arranged for Pete and Amy to make their exits in time to help Biden but the DNC insited warren stay in past her due date. Even hooking her up with a alast minute super pac.

She is a sick bitch.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2020 12:32 AM

Wheels within dumbass wheels r49. you follow those breadcrumbs, there is a loaf at the end, r49.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2020 12:34 AM

r49 It was allegedly Obama who arranged for Pete and Amy to drop out. Can you share your source that the DNC *insisted* Warren stay in the race - before she dropped out?

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2020 12:34 AM

All this time it's been Mayor Pete working the gears, slowly, surely building his brand, hiding in the shadows, just waiting for his time to come out and announce that he is the Democratic Party Nominee.

Surprise!

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2020 12:37 AM

Bernie lost because the majority of the voters didn't like him. He's a terrible candidate. His support in his own state dropped nearly 50 percent in three years.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2020 12:37 AM

The steam rolling and constant character attacks on him by the media probably contributed tk the nagative perception spme voters had of Bernie, r53.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2020 12:38 AM

[QUOTE] “Not to make this about me, but...”

says everyone who is about to make it about them

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2020 12:40 AM

sooooo, r54, now that you can't vote for Bernie, what happens next? What do you do?

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2020 12:40 AM

Who can forget Warren colluding with her media buddies to paint Bernie as a sexist?

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2020 12:43 AM

good god, r57, you seriously want to re litigate the 2020 primaries? Why? let it go, bitch, you'll be fine, Warren will be fine. Bernie will be fine. Don't keep living in this.

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2020 12:44 AM

"It's the media's fault!" Says the Trump and Sanders camps. The media never influenced my opinion of Sanders - I just plainly don't like him. Not a team player. He's been in D.C. for 30 years and received just seven endorsements from colleagues. Even the people who actually know him don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2020 12:47 AM

"It's the media's fault!" Says the Trump and Sanders camps. The media never influenced my opinion of Sanders - I just plainly don't like him. Not a team player. He's been in D.C. for 30 years and received just seven endorsements from colleagues. Even the people who actually know him don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2020 12:47 AM

There is a maniac in the White House. He is there. He will be there next year if we keep whining about how this perfect candidate or that perfect candidate had only been nominated. they weren't. But you know who was, and who won, and who is a maniac sitting in the White House: Trump? Yeah, that's a thing, he's there, yup, still there.

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2020 12:47 AM

People voted for biden because bloomberg's operatives told them he would bring Obama back. Bloomberg lied to them, Obama was going to campaign for any of the Dems against Trump. Obama hates Trump.

Registered Democrats actually like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren too. They are well respected and popular US senators. They are working their asses off to help the American people, right now too.

We need Elizabeth Warren!

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2020 12:47 AM

Or not. What we need is to get rid of Trump. That's what we need, but dingbats will insist that only their candidate can do that. Dingbats, please stop. Stop imagining stupid things and having dingbat dreams. Merci.

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2020 12:49 AM

Liz Warren, Senator Gray Beaver, Pocohontus, came in third in her home state.

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Bernie Sanders repeatedly get most trusted elected political servant, in countless polls. Americans like him.

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2020 12:50 AM

R59, So Bernie's not a washingotn insider that puts partisnship ahead of advocating for his constiuents? Even sacrificing freindships with washington sell outs in order to do so? How fucking dare he! We need a washington insider bootlicker

He's the most popular senator 30 years in a row so he's doing something right. .

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2020 12:50 AM

r65 Then why did he lose? Twice?

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2020 12:51 AM

Joe Biden cannot pick an old man like Bernie Sanders, right? We get that, right? We're not going to go into idiotic hysterics if he doesn't pick Bernie Sanders, right?

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2020 12:51 AM

Joe Biden served in the Senate for 36 years, was VPOTUS for 8 years, and won the primaries so I guess he's doing something right...

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2020 12:53 AM

R67, The Billionaire elites nd their power kver the DNC and the media would never allow him to win. It's not as simple as "he lost", there were more obstacles in his way..

The can sleep peacefully with Biden in office. They know he believes raxes should be paid by the middle class. Bernie is a threat to tnem.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2020 12:53 AM

and who will you vote for r70? Why exactly don't you want to say?

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2020 12:55 AM

r70 He fucking lost in a tsunami! Yesterday's news. And try spellcheck for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 72May 24, 2020 12:55 AM

are you embarrassed that you are going to vote for Trump r70? Does it make you feel small and stupid? Why, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 73May 24, 2020 12:56 AM

R72, Biden is not going to win either and there won't be any excuses for him. Though i'm sure your kind will come up with a few.

by Anonymousreply 74May 24, 2020 12:57 AM

R73, I'm not a Trump voter but i'm not voting for Biden either unless he takes a progressive as a VP.

by Anonymousreply 75May 24, 2020 12:57 AM

ah huh, r74. You hope that happens, don't you. why?

by Anonymousreply 76May 24, 2020 12:58 AM

BTW, Sanders is the most popular Senator ***among residents of his state*** not among the U.S. population. Democratic voters spoke loud and clear -- we don't want him--.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 24, 2020 12:58 AM

r73 Then don't. Enjoy your four more years of Dump.

by Anonymousreply 78May 24, 2020 12:59 AM

so you will be a 2016 dumb bitch and find some stupid clown to vote for. well, that is sad. cause, honestly, Biden is probably going to win.

If you are young, meaning under 25, I kind of get it. You have young, and mostly stupid ideas about politics, if you are older than that, well, what the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 79May 24, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote] I agree that Biden should not draw out this VP picking process like it's the Miss America contest.

Remember that Biden is only the presumptive nominee, and not the actual nominee.

As such, it's still premature for him to select a running mate, since nothing is official yet.

by Anonymousreply 80May 24, 2020 1:08 AM

I agree, Biden should actually wait until the actual Convention, however that is done this year, to start talking about Vice President. And definitely don't get into the Cabinet. That's just some stupid.

by Anonymousreply 81May 24, 2020 1:12 AM

The data: Pledged delegates: Biden 1,566; Sanders 1,007. States won: Biden 27; Sanders 7. Total votes: Biden 12,110,973; Sanders 8,426,458.

Yeah, Sanders is the best candidate! No doubt...

by Anonymousreply 82May 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Rall roght, I'll pay my raxes.

by Anonymousreply 83May 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Saint Bernard, the two-time primary loser, said the nominee should be the candidate with the most pledged delegates. Of course he said that when he was briefly ahead. Whoopsi!

by Anonymousreply 84May 24, 2020 1:18 AM

First of all, any of the candidates being considered by Team Biden are 10 billion times more competent than Sarah Palin ever was on her best day. So no, we are not comparing apples to oranges, dearie.

Secondly, why should any Democrat give a rat's ass what this heifer thinks? Now if I'm looking for a good buffet or a cake factory to visit, I'll take her advice.

by Anonymousreply 85May 24, 2020 1:23 AM

I love Bernie and voted for him in the primary but even to me two old white guys isn't a good fit. Of course if he picked Bernie he'd get the Bernie voters and that's a good thing but I think he would lose moderates who never would have voted for Bernie and would now be afraid he'll become president rather quickly and at his age most likely it would be Pelosi finishing out that first term, that good or bad, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 86May 24, 2020 1:27 AM

GUYS, make a mother fucking decision. WHOOOO???!!!!!

Sorry, needed a moment, but really, who?

by Anonymousreply 87May 24, 2020 1:29 AM

If he wants to win, he’ll tap Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 88May 24, 2020 1:31 AM

Bernie as VP isn't going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 89May 24, 2020 1:32 AM

bernie bros, it ain't gonna be Bernie. would you setting for Warren?

by Anonymousreply 90May 24, 2020 1:33 AM

oh, dammit, settle, not setting.

by Anonymousreply 91May 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Oh, please... like this Rebublicunt was ever going to vote for anyone besides Trump.

by Anonymousreply 92May 24, 2020 1:36 AM

In the end, McCain lost for the same reason Biden will lose. He looked old (especially compared to the youthful Obama), and Biden acts like a dementia patient.

by Anonymousreply 93May 24, 2020 1:37 AM

For R92

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 24, 2020 1:38 AM

and Trump looks young? why are you this whore r93? What happened, man?

by Anonymousreply 95May 24, 2020 1:38 AM

Megan is a dumbass who desperately wants to sound intelligent. There is no equivalent to Palin in the list of choices. And besides, her idiot dad and his staff CHOSE Palin and then desperately tried to disassociate themselves when they realized that they had become a laughingstock. The only thing that asshole Trump has done that's ever made me crack a smile is insult the Honorable Hero Maverick John McCain. The Mccains are pretty much all scumbags who had their ass licked by the media for decades. In terms of sleaze they are pretty much right up there with the Trumps. McCain doesn't give a shit about all the terrible things Trump said about other groups. She's just mad that he didn't pay respect to Daddy Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 96May 24, 2020 3:27 AM

maybe, hopefully, probably not, but maybe a little, Megan is going to start getting that daddy wasn't some perfect god. she should not have to be that age before she starts getting that, but honestly, some people take awhile.

by Anonymousreply 97May 24, 2020 3:32 AM

I’ve never agreed with her before, but I do here.

Abrams is definitely one person to whom she’s impliedly referring. “20 minutes” as in her Democratic response to Cheeto’s SOTU address.

by Anonymousreply 98May 24, 2020 3:36 AM

and for no reason, and I know this won't solve anything, but we need music:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 24, 2020 3:48 AM

Meghan, get off your father's corpses' coattails - he's starting to stink the joint up.

by Anonymousreply 100May 24, 2020 3:52 AM

damn, I love that man. You think I'm weak, I think you're wrong. he is so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 101May 24, 2020 3:54 AM

R95 I'm not r93 but the elephant in the room is that we need younger candidates, period . Obviously Trump is old (and quite stupid ) as well but this selection of nearly 80 year old candidates has become ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 102May 24, 2020 3:58 AM

we got Joe, r102. that' where we are are. we got Joe. we need to just accept that, okay?

by Anonymousreply 103May 24, 2020 4:00 AM

R103 I accept he's our candidate and will vote Biden regardless but I would like to see a younger selection a few years down the road. Not spring chickens just not 80 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 104May 24, 2020 4:10 AM

yup, get it, and eventually, we will get an actual revolutionary. that will happen, just not yet.

by Anonymousreply 105May 24, 2020 4:12 AM

If Trump had never bashed her Daddy, Meghan would love Trump and the things he's done. She can't celebrate with the rest of the cult right now because Trump fingered her father as an enemy of the party. Trump demonized McCain after the Obamacare vote (where McCain finally did the right thing,, even if for the wrong reason). And Trump's cult went right along with his bashing of McCain. Why would she stay attached to a group of people who dismissed her father's legacy? It must be hard, as she's built her identity around being republican (long blond hair, snotty attitude, worshipping military, bragging about her love of guns).

If she weren't pregnant, she'd probably be posting photos of herself out and about without a mask, implying that corona is a hoax. But being pregnant, she can't risk something making baby John McCain Domenech less than perfect.

by Anonymousreply 106May 24, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote]My hope is that he picks Warren and retires within one year.

I'm stunned so many won't acknowledge what a disastrous choice Elizabeth Warren is! An AIDS-era Reagan voter (disqualifying-story changes a lot) who got to her mid 40s and was still a "staunch Republican" (disqualifying) who fooled Harvard into hiring her as an Affirmative Action hire claiming to be Native American (story changes a lot)! While at Harvard and still a Republican, she let Harvard tout her as a "Woman of Color" hire for YEARS (hard fact)!

Plus, her daddy wasn't a janitor (story changes a lot), and no matter how butt hurt you want to get, she comes across as a shrill New England School Marm and you don't need to be an ad exec on Madison Avenue to see this! Trump will bludgeon her with her self-inflicted "Fauxcahontas" bullshit and it will be incredibly effective because it is true! My fellow lefties are fucking blind to how disqualifying her bullshit is to actual "outside the bubble" voters. Biden's favorability sinks the same day he chooses Elizabeth Warren as VP!

by Anonymousreply 107May 24, 2020 4:39 AM

Fake progressive troll alert at R107

by Anonymousreply 108May 24, 2020 4:43 AM

Real Asshole who wants Trump re-elected troll alert at r108

by Anonymousreply 109May 24, 2020 5:27 AM

Notice clever r108 doesn't bother to refute any of the facts I posted.

Probably an angry sad Berner now just adrift!

by Anonymousreply 110May 24, 2020 5:29 AM

R110 You're not worth taking the time to refute, hon. Go stir some shit up over on reddit, you'll fit right in there.

by Anonymousreply 111May 24, 2020 5:35 AM

Wow! You sure got me with that one!

by Anonymousreply 112May 24, 2020 5:45 AM

Aside from the odious Meghan McCain herself, I agree with the sentiment.

Moderate Republicans might be willing to vote for Biden, given how much they hate trump.

IF, and ONLY if, he chooses the right running mate.

Many moderate Republicans will not vote for Biden/Abrams.

They might vote for Biden/Klobuchar. Or even Biden/Warren. Possibly Biden/Harris.

He really does have to choose wisely, because he could pick up a lot of extra votes (outside of his "guaranteed" votes), if he selects the right person.

by Anonymousreply 113May 24, 2020 5:54 AM

Carville says Biden should make Warren Atty Gen. He, also, says it's fundamentally irrelevant who the VP pick is right now and specifically said that even if Biden did pick Sarah Palin it wouldn't make a lick of difference. McCain must have listened to his interview with Stuttering John. I think she's doing more Republican monkeying, trying to sow mistrust in whomever Biden does pick.

by Anonymousreply 114May 24, 2020 7:08 AM

She looks like Lens Dunham with blonde hair and lots of blush.

by Anonymousreply 115May 24, 2020 7:39 AM

Biden needs to pick among Pete Buttigieg, Michael Bennett, Andrew Cuomo. Susan Rice, or Gretchen Whitmer, Someone with brains!

by Anonymousreply 116May 24, 2020 12:28 PM

Warren is a terrible choice for VP. She won’t attract Independents and moderate Republicans. Blacks couldn’t give a shit about her. She couldn’t win her own state and the primary she won nothing. Republicans will run their campaign against her not Biden. Same with Harris. But worst of all the Republicans will run against California liberalism and then we will lose.

by Anonymousreply 117May 24, 2020 1:00 PM

R116 Catherine Cortez-Masto Senator from Nevada should be thrown into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 118May 24, 2020 1:02 PM

The Black voters turning up could make all the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 24, 2020 1:11 PM

Warren would make a great VP in that she could get the job done, but no one wants to vote for her, so she'd be a liability at the ballot box. I love her but she's just not a vote-getter.

Everyone hates Klobuchar, despite what Datalounge thinks.

by Anonymousreply 120May 24, 2020 1:12 PM

I prefer Mayor Pete, R116.

But I worry if he'd sink the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 121May 24, 2020 1:32 PM

When's the last time any of you voted for someone because of the Vice Presidential pick?

by Anonymousreply 122May 24, 2020 4:23 PM

It'll be a woman r121. don't know why people keep saying Mayor Pete. It won't be a man. It just won't.

Hopefully Pete has some other big role though. He can't win statewide in Indiana, but he definitely deserves a big platform as something.

by Anonymousreply 123May 24, 2020 5:36 PM

And I tend to agree with r120. I love Warren too, but I know she rubs many people the wrong way. She should be in charge of some big, well huge, agency, turning some big bureaucracy to actually working for us instead of against us. Maybe Treasury. She is amazing as a manager, but I think she has a hard time with a lot of voters, who tend to be stupid and shallow.

by Anonymousreply 124May 24, 2020 5:39 PM

Biden needs someone who is high energy (read: young and spry) to compensate for his age. Pete or Beto would be a good match.

I know this sounds crazy, but if AOC was ten years older, he could have picked her. She could pull in the Bernie bros.

by Anonymousreply 125May 24, 2020 5:43 PM

R125 again. I forgot the main point of my post. He looked into a camera and agreed to select a woman. He cannot go back on that now; it will piss off a lot of women, and they might stay away from the polls.

by Anonymousreply 126May 24, 2020 5:44 PM

it won't be a guy r125. Any spry young women you can think of, other than AOC, cause yeah, it won't be her.

by Anonymousreply 127May 24, 2020 5:44 PM

This is not the student council or some popularity contest. THIS is the Vie President of the United States which is just a heartbeat away from the presidency. The chosen candidate must be mature enough and capable to take over the nation. In modern times, it has been the Republicans that have destroyed the importance of the VP office when Daddy Bush chose Quayle as his VP and then that travesty that McCain chose.

Stacy Abrams doesn't fit the bill. Kamala is more AG material to me but I like her as VP. Klobachar would be a good pick. But, of the known entities I think Warren is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 128May 24, 2020 6:24 PM

[quote] She should be in charge of some big, well huge, agency, turning some big bureaucracy to actually working for us instead of against us. Maybe Treasury.

Warren was already in charge of some sort of financial regulatory agency, after the 2008 financial crisis.

Obama appointed her to it, and she did a great job.

However, I don't think she wants to do that again. It would be going backwards, not forward.

She ran for President because she wanted to be the top decision maker.

by Anonymousreply 129May 24, 2020 6:26 PM

And I'm sure she'll run for president again, r129, but in the meantime, I really good see her as a very prominent Cabinet official. And she would not be some quiet little bureaucrat about it. I know she would make some big splashes.

by Anonymousreply 130May 24, 2020 7:46 PM

R122, here’s my answer to your question: when the candidate isn’t strong, their VP becomes a lot more important.

I’ll vote for Biden and a hamster, if that’s what the party offers, because I’ll never vote for Trump. But I won’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 131May 24, 2020 7:55 PM

and again, r131, have you ever actually done that? How often have you voted for president? When you voted, how much did you think about the future vice president?

by Anonymousreply 132May 24, 2020 8:53 PM

She's yammering again!

[quote] Meghan McCain calls out Memorial Day weekend crowds amid pandemic: 'Some people think going to bars and partying is more important than being decent'

The View crew may be out of the studio during the coronavirus pandemic, but they still delved into Hot Topics over Memorial Day weekend.

On Saturday, panelist Sunny Hostin took to Twitter to share footage of a crowded pool party, reportedly set in Missouri over the holiday weekend. The video shows revelers in close quarters, with no apparent efforts to maintain social distancing despite risks of transmission and concerns about a second wave. Hostin didn’t hesitate to voice her disapproval of what many consider to be reckless behavior.

“For those who argued that the economy should be reopened — what did you expect?” she tweeted.

A few hours later, View co-host Meghan McCain responded. McCain, who is expecting her first child, has been a vocal critic of people ignoring social distancing precautions, while at the same time calling for a reopening of the economy rather than a perpetual quarantine.

In her response to Hostin, McCain shared that she’d hoped that people emerging from lockdown would be more “responsible” and considerate.

“I expected a slow and responsible rollback to work with social distancing and an understanding of how fast this virus spreads,” the TV host wrote. “Compassion for our first responders and victims of COVID. But some people think going to bars and partying is more important than being decent apparently.”

McCain’s comments echo those she made on the ABC talk show in mid-March, just as shelter-in-place orders were beginning to take effect across the country.

“A bunch of millennials going out partying and at bars? I was furious about this over the weekend,” she said, expressing her frustration with those not taking the coronavirus seriously.

“If you don’t care about your own health, care about your parents’ health,” she continued. “Care about your grandparents’ health. Care about people over 60, because what you’re doing is compromising everyone, and there seems to be no in between.”

On Sunday McCain, who has also called out public figures like Khloé Kardashian who appear to be freshly groomed despite calls to stay home, responded to a Twitter user who complained that shaming people online only “breeds anger” by pointing out that such gatherings have led to outbreaks in the past.

But at the same time, she’s been critical of what she has dubbed the “insanity-inducing, goal post-changing of our government-mandated quarantine,” recently referring to Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s extended stay-at-home orders as “quarantine for infinity!!!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 24, 2020 10:21 PM

r18 Can you point to a source on that? Because the idea that McCain would have given a shit what the "RNC" thought seems completely bonkers. You know who ran the RNC once McCain got the nomination? Whoever the fuck he wanted to because he was leading the party at that point. That's how it works.

I'm trying to remember who was running the RNC at the time but the idea that the RNC or the DNC has power is usually a fallacy pushed by conspiracy theorists and super outsiders who don't understand what these organizations do, how they operate, or how their power (which is minimal) can be used. And when they do use their power, as Debbie Wasserman Schultz tried to do in 2016 for Hillary, it sometimes backfires spectacularly. She literally solidified Bernie's status as an outsider just by moving a debate to a Saturday night. That was worth at least $100 million in donations to him and positioned him to capture the nomination 4 years later.

by Anonymousreply 134May 24, 2020 10:31 PM

R133 Megs has that same ole backward conservative thinking--lets do nothing and hope that people will be responsible and do the right thing.

People will not do the right thing on their own--they need rules and punishment for breaking them. Have you not learned that yet, Megan???

Her response was downright Susan Collins-esque.

by Anonymousreply 135May 25, 2020 1:02 AM

R132, I’m not R131, but when Obama picked Biden I thought that was a good choice, because I’d been paying attention to Biden since the 90s and I knew he knew the stuff Obama didn’t. And I thought that took some humility in Obama’s part. It helped make him seem conscientious to me, putting the country first.

When I saw McCain pick Palin, I literally thought he lost because of that choice and I still think he did. People who were on the fence thought of Palin as a potential President and cringed. It made McCain look like he didn’t care about getting the right VP, and he’d had health issues before. It seemed like he was too sick or frail or disengaged to bother vetting somebody.

I think a lot of people realize there’s a good chance Biden won’t even finish his first term, and if he does he won’t run for a second. The VP is likely to run as the 47th President. That person will have the entire party behind them, four years in the spotlight and will be seen as an incumbent. He damn better pick somebody who knows what they’re doing, as they will be seen as a continuation of the Trump cleanup efforts. So younger, energetic, organized and capable of running for two terms. And not some extremist Bernie Bro to “unite” the party. People are sick and tired of people who sow division within the party to further their own careers. Trump was enough of that for a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 136May 25, 2020 1:25 AM

that makes sense r136, although you may be unusually thoughtful about these things.

I suspect McCain lost because Republicans had so clearly fucked up the economy and McCain was almost certainly going to continue the same bullshit, feed the rich policies. But I suppose there were a lot of reasons going into it, and a lot of factors, including Palin.

by Anonymousreply 137May 25, 2020 1:49 AM

"... and I know people get very triggered when I talk about him"

Because you can't say a paragraph without invoking him.

by Anonymousreply 138May 25, 2020 1:55 AM

R137, I think that’s all true, but I knew people who were on the fence and Palin was the nail in the coffin. They were afraid this ignorant yokel would be in the White House with her trailer trash family because McCain would die five minutes after he got elected. He seemed off, not his usual self. He seemed to be in decline.

People I knew were going out to vote *against* Palin. They were afraid of her, it wasn’t just personal dislike. That was before Trump’s low bar, of course.

by Anonymousreply 139May 25, 2020 1:59 AM

Val Demings nailed it in defending Biden. Dana Bash, who appears to have a long fondness for Republicans, asked Demings the accusing Biden question. Demings flipped the narrative and went after Trump and got in dismissive jabs against Trumpster Tim Scott and Mia Love on a follow-up question.

Biden had to be impressed. She'd make a good VP candidate attack dog and displays that police chief confidence. Win Florida, and Biden is elected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 25, 2020 2:14 AM

Val Demings has no national name recognition. Biden is on deaths door. The VP has to be someone ready to take over in 2024. It’s gonna be Kamala. She’s probably the best choice anyway. People like her.

by Anonymousreply 141May 25, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote]Val Demings has no national name recognition.

And, she wears awful wigs.

by Anonymousreply 142May 25, 2020 2:21 AM

R133 " McCain has called out Kardashian who appears to be freshly groomed despite calls to stay home ". Does Megan the drooling imbecile realize that people can do their hair and makeup without leaving the house? Megan and her cunt mother Cindy periodically "call out" celebs in order to make themselves look good. A few years ago Cindy went after ol Goopy, which is ridiculous because she's far more of an entitled bitch than Paltrow will ever be. Just look Cindys ' personal history.

by Anonymousreply 143May 25, 2020 2:24 AM

Harris ran a terrible primary campaign. It was disorganized and she had her sister in charge. They failed to find donors, and coming from California of all places, money should have been pouring forth. She lacked firm policies, changed positions, and that "busing" attack on Biden was theatric, but shallow.

by Anonymousreply 144May 25, 2020 2:27 AM

Kamala brings nothing to the table. Her campaign was awful. She can't play outside of California. She can't get votes in the Midwest and South. Blacks don't like her. And Republicans will run against California liberalism and we'll lose.

by Anonymousreply 145May 25, 2020 4:44 AM

Every possible woman who Joe Biden might select this year as Veep has serious drawbacks, and is likely to be a net loss as far as total votes. Which one loses Dems the fewest votes? We are a very misogynistic country, I wish Joe hadn't committed to a female VP, as a number of men who also ran this year would be very appealing candidates. The trick is to WIN, not FEEL GOOD about losing! why don't Democrats fucking get this?

by Anonymousreply 146May 25, 2020 5:06 AM

R138 did she actually say that sentence without self-awareness?

by Anonymousreply 147May 25, 2020 5:17 AM

MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER MY FATHER...

by Anonymousreply 148May 25, 2020 5:44 AM

R146, agreed. It has to be the least polarizing woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 25, 2020 5:51 AM

The best ticket would have been Biden and Beto, before Beto ruined it with his gun comments. Imagine Biden with the power for the guy who only lost Texas by 2 points. Sucks.

by Anonymousreply 150May 25, 2020 5:55 AM

With the power OF*

by Anonymousreply 151May 25, 2020 5:56 AM

Sorry, Negative Nancys, Biden and his running mate are going to win. There is a wave of determined Dems who will vote this year, defying expectations. Those voters include many women who are sick of the country accepting misogyny as fixed state in America.

by Anonymousreply 152May 25, 2020 6:09 AM

R152, that confidence is dangerous. Were you one of the DLers who said Cheeto would be removed from office by this past January?

by Anonymousreply 153May 25, 2020 6:18 AM

She's not wrong, really. The campaign must choose someone who's among the least likely to motivate citizens (particularly white males in the Midwest) to show up to vote just to vote against her in particular.

by Anonymousreply 154May 25, 2020 6:21 AM

Someone remind me why she’s a pundit? Just because she’s some loudmouthed white guy’s daughter?

by Anonymousreply 155May 25, 2020 6:29 AM

R155 The press had a decades long love affair with her scummy swine of a father John McCain. I mean they were literally up his ass for 30 years. As a result, she was given a job initially at The Daily Beast (even though the bitch can't write ) and later The View (even though she has nothing of value to say ).

by Anonymousreply 156May 25, 2020 6:46 AM

[quote]This is not the student council or some popularity contest. THIS is the Vie President of the United States which is just a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Of course it is, but the vast, VAST majority of Americans vote as though it were a popularity contest, and you have to accept that fact.

We spent 2016 trying to explain to people that you don't have to like HRC, you just have to know she'll do a good job and help people, and a whole lot of people did not care one bit. Learn a lesson from that.

by Anonymousreply 157May 25, 2020 9:25 AM

No, R153, I didn’t predict Trump would be removed. Republican politicians have made it clear they’re in bed with the devil.

What’s dangerous is inaction. I will donate the legal max to Biden. I will volunteer. I will do everything I can do to help him win. I don’t need extra fear to motivate me. Trump’s vile, irresponsible, criminal behavior reinforces it daily.

by Anonymousreply 158May 25, 2020 10:16 AM

It seems like, from the article, that she is referring to picking someone he doesn't really know & isn't comfortable with, and also that is a really unknown to the voters. It seems like the ones he knows the best are Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren. I don't think he's as well acquainted with Stacey Abrams and the others.

by Anonymousreply 159May 25, 2020 10:24 AM

R158, the problem is that Middle America does not find Trump Nearly as vile or unacceptable as you do

by Anonymousreply 160May 25, 2020 11:04 AM

About what would any of you take Meghan McCain's unsolicited 'advice'?

by Anonymousreply 161May 25, 2020 11:06 AM

Best quantity/quality ratio for cake and snack foods, r161

by Anonymousreply 162May 25, 2020 11:10 AM

Trump is attacking Stacey Abrams for her weight. That offends numerous black women who are overweight.

And the orange Trump is morbidly obese himself.

by Anonymousreply 163May 25, 2020 11:12 AM

The utterly gall

by Anonymousreply 164May 25, 2020 11:19 AM

He needs to pick someone hot, so he will get the straight male vote. Plus, it will dispel any perceived advantage a male VP candidate might have had. Mayor Pete may be qualified, but no one wants to see him in a short skirt.

by Anonymousreply 165May 25, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote]He needs to pick someone hot, so he will get the straight male vote.

That will be quite difficult, because Miss Lindsey is a Republican and her heart belongs to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 166May 25, 2020 1:48 PM

Gov. Whitmer might be able to get the white male vote because she's attractive and not Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 167May 26, 2020 3:55 AM

McCain likely would have lost the election regardless. The Mccains (and their staff ) have told themselves that it was just Palin to save their ego. The book turned HBO movie Game Change has helped feed into the myth of McCain as an honorable candidate undone by nutty Palin. The truth is that Obama was a unique young candidate with a lot of enthusiastic supporters and McCain was just another old school inside -the -beltway sleaze who no one liked very much outside a group of smarmy journalists who were all on their knees for him. As much as I think Palin was a terrible candidate, his voting block seemed more enthused about her than him. And after Iraq most sane individuals didn't want another psychotic Hawk in office again (remember Mcains sick joke about bombing Iran ? ).

by Anonymousreply 168May 26, 2020 4:28 AM

Is she still pregnant, or did the puff go poof?

by Anonymousreply 169May 26, 2020 4:33 AM

I wouldn't doubt that Meghan will be the first female VP of the United States herself!! With her brains, her pedigree, her beauty and her connections, she will one day rule the world. So she is biased here. Cute. She has a soft spot for old Joe, but we all know he can't win. His running mate can only help him. Sarah Palin helped her daddy too. We must hope for kinder and more compassionate conservatives. Like Meghan. She is very beautiful but don't let that fool you. She reminds me of a young Virna Lisi. Brutally beautiful and quietly elegant. Meghan leaves us wanting more. 2024 MORE!!

by Anonymousreply 170May 26, 2020 4:52 AM

R168 Not to mention that McCain flipped out when the economy completely tanked and his big solution was to attempt to suspend the campaigns. Everyone was impressed by the way Obama handled things, even as a candidate--it showed his steady leadership at a time of severe crisis (something we could use now). I agree that the McCain camp wanted to blame the loss on Palin. That probably did turn away some voters, but it's not the sole reason why he lost.

by Anonymousreply 171May 26, 2020 5:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!