Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Man murders his dad in the middle of a Zoom conference

Some 20 participants on the Zoom conference watched in horror as the 32-year-old man repeatedly stabbed and kill his 72 year-old father in the New York City suburb of Amityville

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2020 6:46 PM

Were there flies in the house?

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 8:15 PM

And total frontal nudity was involved!

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 8:17 PM

My sides!

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 8:25 PM

A Snuff Films Production

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote]When officers arrived at the scene, Scully-Powers jumped from a second-story window, police said, attempting to flee on foot. He ran to a nearby deli and allegedly began pouring Dr. Pepper soda on himself in a bid to wash off the blood.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 8:26 PM

very sad. But it reminded me of this brilliant Gahan Wilson cartoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 8:41 PM

[quote]He ran to a nearby deli and allegedly began pouring Dr. Pepper soda on himself in a bid to wash off the blood.

Well, he is pleading not guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 8:51 PM

He claimed his father raped him “with his gun.” He didn’t say who he meant by that pronoun whether it was his or his father’s gun.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 8:59 PM

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 7:36 PM

What else do you expect in Amityville

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 7:42 PM

I hope this video leaks online.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 8:00 PM

This is what dismantling the nation’s psychiatric hospital system gets you.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 8:04 PM

Suspect is the oldest-looking 32-year-old in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 8:52 PM

Suspect is the oldest-looking 32-year-old in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 8:52 PM

I've been saying it for years, these neck and face tattoos are a clear visual for mental instability and mental illness. Stay the hell away!

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 8:54 PM

Prolonged seclusion and social isolation wrecks your mental health. He didn't look stable to start with.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 8:59 PM

Was their house built on an old Indian graveyard?

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 9:16 PM

[quote]switching knives because the blades were bending,

Man, that is pure hate for someone.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 9:19 PM

Poor dad: RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 9:41 PM

He was naked when he did it, so I also wouldn’t mind the tape leaking.

Hey, why are you looking at me? It’s for research purposes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 10:53 PM

The brazenness, the nudity, and the Dr. Pepper shower convey schizo meth-head vibes.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 11:09 PM

"Be A Pepper!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 2:45 AM

Mmm, we don’t know what led up to this. The dad might be a real piece a fucking shit. You just don’t know. The dad had it coming, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 3:00 AM

I know a family whose son killed his father. The father was a wonderful, talented man who doted on his son. The son's mental health declined terribly in the year leading up to the murder. He was diagnosed with a severe form of schizophrenia and is now in a facility for the criminally insane. It's a terrible blow to remaining family members. Tragic, sad, horrible. The son in the family I know stabilized after being locked up and regularly getting his meds. Still in his 20s, the son is deeply remorseful and will live his life locked up and forever regretting what he did.

Part of the tragedy is that there is not a strong mental health support system in our country. Part of the tax cuts for billionaires would be better spent treating the mentally ill. Families are afraid to call police when mentally ill family members are spiraling out of control. They are afraid the police will kill them and don't know where to turn. Sadly, jails are filled with the mentally ill who go in and out of incarceration without ever getting appropriate treatment.

So, R23, you are probably wrong. More likely the father lived in fear of his son. Poor man, they lived together. Right there you know something is wrong when a man in his 40s is not living independently.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 3:27 AM

What was the Zoom meeting about?

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 3:30 AM

[QUOTE]What was the Zoom meeting about?

Schizophrenics Anonymous?

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 4:11 AM

R23, I'm glad you're so sure. Did the people on the zoom call have it coming also?

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 4:23 AM

Dawn did it!

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 4:43 AM

Dawn did it!

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 4:43 AM

Was it a Horror?

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2020 4:57 AM

Who’s Zoomin’ Who?

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2020 5:00 AM

Everyone on that Zoom call will meet an untimely end within the next 7 days.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2020 5:05 AM

R24 you can't even read that he wasn't in his 40's when it's embedded in a single expository sentence so why should we trust your non expert opinion on anything else? A 32 year old living with his/her parents is not that uncommon these days and especially won't be after this pandemic. You sound like a judgmental cunt with grandiose tendencies still benefitting from an era where you could rent an apartment in Manhattan for the equivalent of 500 bucks today and not have to work 3 jobs for that apartment. That he lived with his father says nothing of his independence especially since his father was 109 since we're just making up numbers now.

[quote] I know a family whose son killed his father. The father was a wonderful, talented man who doted on his son.

Sounds like you doted on the father and saw what you wanted to see, Mrs. Bucket. Like R23 said, you never know in these cases. Could be that your wonderful talented doting father was a bit of a perv or a brute behind the scenes. It's amazing that you're able to come up with such concrete and absolute statements based on...... nothing whatsoever. Stabbing someone 15 times publicly indicates a deep-seated resentment that you certainly aren't qualified to speculate on the causes to

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2020 5:41 AM

[quote] Stabbing someone 15 times publicly indicates a deep-seated resentment

Or severe, untreated mental illness. Or a violent state of drug-induced psychosis. I would not be so quick to assume the worst about the deceased in this case either.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2020 5:50 AM

R34 Correct; and not my intention.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2020 6:11 AM

Jamie, the red eyed pig did it!

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2020 6:19 AM

[quote] What was the Zoom meeting about?

The company’s newest cutlery line.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2020 1:10 PM

[quote] Stabbing someone 15 times publicly indicates a deep-seated resentment

True. But in this case he didn’t know it was “publicly.” He wasn’t aware his dad was on a zoom conference.

One person who was on the conference said afterward he stripped the bedding and was “wrapping something” when he noticed he was on camera and cut the camera off.

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2020 1:11 PM

Is there a GoFundMe yet ?

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2020 1:13 PM

R24 again, sorry, the Zoom murderer was in his 30s,not 40s. The family son of the family I knew was only about 20 at the time. They are close friends of my sister.. He had threatened his mother's life the week before he killed his father but she didn't call police because not long before the police killed a teen who was also mentally ill, having a breakdown, and threatening little brother, having trapped him in a car.

There is a missing piece between health and law enforcement agencies where people having psychotic breakdowns can't get appropriate crisis support. Sadly, it looks like in the Zoom case, there wasn't time to prevent the murder, but the days and weeks leading up to such events likely are very difficult times for family members who don't feel there is anywhere to turn for help.

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2020 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!