Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parker Posey: It’s time for a Best in Show re-boot!

Where’s Busy Bee?!?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2020 7:53 AM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 4:18 PM

Bad timing.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 4:33 PM

You beet me to Busy Bee right out of the gate, OP.

"DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A BUSY BEE TO YOU? IT'S SOME KIND OF FISH"

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 4:45 PM

If you like it so much, why do you want it rebooted? It's perfect as is. Watch it again and let its magnificence wash over you.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 5:06 PM

R2 - Au contraire! BIS featured some of Willard’s finest work; it wouldn’t have been the same without him.

Think of this thread as a tribute!

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 5:08 PM

Recognition of parody isn’t R4’s strong suit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 5:14 PM

I posted this for an exceptional DLr who quoted Corky in another thread. I know, wrong movie. But of all the deaths in the past few years, only the loss of Fred Willard brought a tear to my eye.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't get the humor of the Christopher Guest movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 5:33 PM

Thanks, R7!

Are you old enough to remember Fred’s appearances on Fernwood Tonight with Martin Mull? I was a teenager and tuned into that show every night, mostly because of the chemistry among Willard, Mull, and the guy with the golf ball on his chin who would appear at odd intervals to make claims about UFOs.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]I don't trust anyone who doesn't get the humor of the Christopher Guest movies.

I got his kind of humor, but mockumentary stuff is not my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 5:47 PM

I love Parker Posey. She was fun on Will & Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2020 5:49 PM

Fred on Fernwood Tonight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 5:50 PM

I am not R8. But not much younger. I will have to look for it. I do hope that he and his wife Mary are together and having a good time.

Sorry OP. didn't mean to derail.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 5:50 PM

Parker again on W&G

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote] I got his kind of humor, but mockumentary stuff is not my cup of tea.

In memory of Fred, I will just leave that alone.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 5:52 PM

R6 I hadn't seen that thread, so it would have been difficult for me to recognize this one as a parody of it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 9:10 PM

I guess now that Barney's has died, Dorleen is out of a job.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 1:54 AM

I've been debating whether or not to share this on here, but I have nothing to lose at this point...and Datalounge *loves* stories like this

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2020 5:41 PM

Me from R17 here...I got cut off yesterday whilst trying to post my Parker Posey story, and then it all got erased. Anyway--long story short (or shorter...I can be long-winded as an English major)--a guy I'd become friendly with in Palm Springs invited me to Sundance in 2017 to stay with him and his friends in a chalet. (We never had sex, but I'm sure I'll be called a whore.) He told me after I agreed to go (easy decision, since he was paying for everything) that a house guest would be joining us. It was none other than Parker Posey; his friends were producers on her new movie 'Columbus'. To say it was an odd trip is an understatement. My friend and I had to wait for Parker at the SLC airport after our flight got in, and when she arrived, paparazzi were at the bottom of the escalator waiting on her. I never figured out how they knew exactly when she was arriving. In the private car on the way to the chalet, I thought I'd break the ice by asking her about her twin brother. She accused me of interrupting her (she hadn't even been talking), and then she gave me permission to speak. Needless to say it was a long car ride to the chalet in Park City.

Once we arrived at the chalet, our hosts pulled my friend and I aside and told us to not take any pics of Parker. I was happy to oblige, since I could tell she wanted me nowhere near her. We all found our rooms, and then the hosts let us know they wanted to have a "meet and greet"of sorts by the fireplace in the vast living room. My friend and I went up, and Parker was sitting on the sofa applying an under-eye mask. She noticed me and patted on the sofa next to her, saying, "I was just thinking of you...none of these other guys will do an eye mask with me." Guffawed, I sat next to her, and she proceeded to put the eye mask on me, telling me I had great skin (which I don't). All the time I'm thinking what a great pic this would be, but alas, no cameras allowed. After the meet and greet, we all dispersed for naps before the premiere. We later learned that our hosts' assistant--an attractive guy in his 20s--had been summoned by Parker to draw her bath, and to then *watch her take the bath.*

I'll post more if anyone wants to hear...I think DL cut me off last time because my recollection of the week at the chalet was too long.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2020 7:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!