Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I Really Twisted?

I am a straight woman, posting here on my cousin's account and will leave once lockdown ends. I am not a troll. I find that ever since I was a girl (grew up in W. Hollywood during the 1980's when AIDS was rampant and almost all the men renting in my dad's property were gay) I have absolutely been drawn to gay men. I find them (clearly not all) sexy, interesting and smarter than straight men (no I am not one of those idiots who call them "my gays" and find that idiotic). As I grew up I noticed other women and men express disgust at gay men and sexual practices while for me, it just kind of turned me on. In fact, I told my late husband I found it sexy and I have always dreamed of having sex with men who were also having sex with one another.

On the surface, I am not the proverbial "fag hag" as I am NOT gonna be a jerk who goes to the clubs or intrudes or allows herself to be fat. Is something wrong with me?

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2020 3:49 PM

Unless it’s somehow hindering your other personal relationships, and because you’re not some loudmouth ditch pig fag hag. I would say there’s nothing wrong with you at all - Infact it sounds like you have great taste.

If you’ve already been on here for a while I don’t need to tell you to prepare for the onslaught of bitchy frau comments headed your way because of this post. The cuntieness is one thing gay men could do less of.. especially to each other and to our allies

x

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 1:48 PM

Stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 2:03 PM

^^^R2 and so it begins!

OP, you're not at all twisted. You have a preference of who you'd like to befriend and find interesting.

I do agree with R1:

[quote]The cuntieness is one thing gay men could do less of.. especially to each other and to our allies

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 2:06 PM

OP: the few women I've known who fit this description had (if you'll pardon the admittedly dime-store psychology) one thing in common: low self-worth and a desire to erase themselves to some extent. One was a sweet, somewhat shy girl with a history of sexual abuse who wanted to be absorbed by a comforting, accepting group of gay friends; she was looking for safety and appreciated the lack of sexual attention.

The fact that you think of yourself as "twisted" for whom you choose to associate with already hints at insecurity. How's your sense of self-worth? Are you interested in gay culture as well as in forming friendships with gay men?

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 2:21 PM

I blocked R2 a lonnnggg time ago. Never encourage that idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 2:30 PM

R5 - I am interested in gay culture and in fact, it is one of the very reasons that I like gay men. I loved reading Oscar Wilde and Verlaine and Baudlaire. I found their life theory so much more appealing than the pseudo-intellectual and shallow crap my female friends read and post while still being silly bimbos at the end of the day. I realized a long time ago that gay minds (clearly not ALL because to generalize is a bit pathetic) have brought so much to the world...from the beauty the Ancient Greeks immortalized in statues to the work of Leonardo Da Vinci to the absolute understanding of the more subtle nuances of human nature captured by Tennessee Williams.

My sense of self-worth is ok...I think I am pretty attractive physically but I have also published a lot, gotten a PhD and often times, when I have met intelligent straight men, they have left me for women who were really less educated. Women who argued about margarine, listened to some idiot priest and been nasty deceptive characters with no redeeming qualities physically or mentally. They often told me they loved me but they ran away to these women.

I don't know, I still love gay men a lot more and find them more beautiful as people (of course there are exceptions in every group).

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 2:54 PM

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, R6/OP.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 3:04 PM

[quote]Is something wrong with me?

Yes. Yes, there is.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 3:12 PM

No, no, there is nothing wrong with you. Gay guys are cool to be around. And they're much more peaceful and well behaved and certainly less violent than their straight counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 3:20 PM

This must be satire, or could you be more of a stereotype?

Especially after reading your reply at r6.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2020 3:26 PM

Well there you go. You’re attracted to gay men because they’re non-threatening and will never dump you, since they won’t get romantically involved with you in the first place. Find a bi man who would be down for a threesome to satisfy that urge. I’m sure there are groups out there for people curious about polyamory, maybe that’s another road you can explore.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 4:02 PM

OP types Incest Survivor

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 4:20 PM

Dream of having sex with men who have sex with other men? That's how I do it, so it must be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2020 4:23 PM

OP, are you aware of the Richard Madden & Froy Gutierrez threads on DL?

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 4:26 PM

The only things wrong with you are that you’re seeking approval, validation, and permission from a notoriously shallow & insular bunch of strangers on the Internet, and; that you have never considered gay women as a sexual option or even as social equals. After reading your posts I come away warily pitying you, somehow. One wonders if you could have some unresolved misogyny & misandry working in tandem to create a stressful isolating complex.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 4:48 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 5:08 PM

OP is a pathological OCD who has a gay daddy issue, lifelong and unresolved.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2020 5:15 PM

It's true OP, gay sex is off the charts hot.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2020 5:18 PM

A lot of the psychological examination on here is wrong. I did not have a gay dad, or experience incest at all or abuse. I simply find sex between men arousing.

R15 - I am not sure why you are so irate. I certainly don't think gay women are not my social equals and I am sorry but I love men too much to consider females as an alternative to men. I just like the way men look, smell, and they taste incredible and have raw energy and power that I LOVE. Even in music, I love male voices and in art, I love male bodies..Women and men can be good or bad as people but sexually I am attracted to all things masculine.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 6:25 PM

R14 - I saw them and they are...OMG...words fail me. Holy shit!

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2020 6:27 PM

What is it that you imagine might be wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2020 6:31 PM

You seem like a slut.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 6:36 PM

You overwrite, but you sound like my sister. She's lovely. Loves us gays too. You're fine. Do what you need.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 6:56 PM

Honestly OP, you got a case of "Not like other girls."

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 7:07 PM

Most straight men lust after women having sex with other women. You are NORMAL. It’s the other women who have a problem with their ancient views on sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 7:13 PM

Announcing you're leaving once the shutdown ends shows something significant about you, and it's not just that you're a woman with an interest in gay men that is the issue with you. You also fat shame unnecessarily. Our fat shaming has to contain a little humor or pointedness or relevance to be anything but reflexive self-revelation.

NO issues with you. You're not twisted just because you're here (until the shutdown ends). Maybe you'll get lucky and marry again, finding a nice bi guy who surprises you with the information what he'll fuck you only if his boyfriend can be there, too. That what you want, dear?

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 7:14 PM

Begone, cunt.

You’re as unwelcome here as a bleach enema.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 7:18 PM

R27 has poor anal hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 7:28 PM

So, you’re just going to leave all this behind? Where will you go after this?

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2020 12:22 AM

If I shave my ass everyone will think they're staring at R28's face.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2020 12:58 AM

Looks like you are just trying to imagine that you're superior to other women, with the "I won't get fat" remark (which is funny because women who are obsessed with gay men are usually dumpy women who are unattractive to straight men)

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2020 1:06 AM

That woman who argued about margarine was me.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2020 1:53 AM

I know there's a lot of snark around here, but I am being serious when I say you sound adorable.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2020 2:13 AM

WTF has happened to this place? Just a few short years ago this sanctimonious, virtue signaling, dumb frau cow OP would have been eviscerated by DL and kicked to the curb. Now you're actually entertaining her? A boring, vapid attention whore? Really?

Apologies to R27, a dying breed as DL breathes its last gasp. WW to you sir.

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2020 2:28 AM

OP, I don’t really care if you’re a man or a woman, gay or straight. But I do wonder why some straight people feel the need to come here and “announce” their presence. It’s not as if permission to read and post is granted only after you declare yourself.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2020 3:02 AM

Yeah, let's slut shame and cuss at a woman for expressing a more unconventional sexuality on a gay board. Way to represent the community guys. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2020 5:33 AM

What shoes are you wearing if you are out with four nice coworkers and nobody is really drinking that much because it’s Wednesday?

1. IdentifY shoes

2. Justify said shoes

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2020 5:58 AM

I'm sure you'll make a very fine nun.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2020 6:06 AM

Cosigning [R15] and [R24].

You're not twisted, you're an enervatingly tiresome person. Your 'late husband' - are you the spawn-abandoning airhead whose ass was dragged back to Idaho from Hawaii?

by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2020 6:47 AM

R39 - no I am not. I have never been to Idaho in my life and have never had any children because my late husband and I wanted to wait for me to finish my PhD and practice before having any. I was born and grew up in Los Angeles and married a pediatric surgeon and lived in San Francisco. Since he died, I have been working as an assistant professor at the Viena University of Business and Economics and writing for publications back in the US. Anything else you want to know that may add to your stereotypcal perception of an irresponsible child-abandoning pariah?

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2020 8:05 AM

OP you do know that there are bi guys on this board too, right? We can satisfy you until your eyes pop out of your head, no problem.

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2020 9:15 AM

R41 sounds fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2020 10:46 AM

[quote]Am I Really Twisted?

In my long, long, long life I have learned to just agree with ANYONE who feels the need to ask this type of question.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2020 10:50 AM

OP, you sound terrific. I wish you were my friend.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2020 11:01 AM

-1/10

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2020 11:28 AM

LOL! This thread is hysterical.

Good job, OP. 3/10.

Here’s the real deal: women who are not living in big cities or in EU, specifically those living in highly conservative areas, who date and/or marry bisexual men, usually have no idea that their husbands are bi. That’s changed a lot in the last decade, however, most married bi men were and remain closeted about being bi, or gay, in places like the Midwest, etc.

The part where OP sounds authentic, is the growing up in WeHo thing.

I grew up in NYC and LA, and when I was a teenager and young adult, the crowds I hung out with, specifically in NYC, were very artsy and experimental.

Models, photographers, theater, dance, artists who actually sold their paintings, and writers.

That crowd was very accepting of bisexuality, and were what we now refer to as “sexually fluid”. That’s not to say there weren’t strictly gay men, because there certainly were, but there were bisexual men as well.

There was never some sort of expectation to pick sides or draw a line in the sand. DL is probably one of the most militant places I’ve encountered with this sort of mindset.

There are very real examples of long lasting marriages or relationships with heterosexual women, or maybe even bisexual women, who were married to bisexual men. And anyone here who is genuinely in “the know”, knows that this type of pairing off is still very common in Hollywood, and that MANY “straight” celebrities, aren’t straight, but bi.

The higher up the ladder they climbed, the more they were encouraged to keep that under wraps, however, it was and isn’t a “secret”, and everyone keeps their mouths shut as a professional courtesy.

Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward, Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor, Marlon Brando/Multiple Wives and Long Term Relationships with Various Women, James Dean/Various Girlfriends, Lawrence Olivier/Vivian Leigh, King Edward VIII, (who abdicated the throne)/Wallis Simpson, Mick Jagger/Tons of Baby Mommas and a few Wives, David Bowie/Several Wives (including his long term marriage with his now widow, Iman)/ Various Girlfriends, are just a few examples of REAL couples, who had either genuine, romantic LTR relationships, were married, or had children together, where the men in those relationships, were and some are still living, so, remain: bisexual.

Bisexuality is pretty common in the artsy fartsy crowd. Hollywood drives them into the closet, but it’s WAY more relaxed in NYC, and happens tons behind closed doors in the UK. Europe is and always was a playground for artsy fartsy people of means, and the only reason flyover Frauen refuse to acknowledge this or never heard about it, is because they’re not hanging out with creatives in NY or the EU.

Some of the most famous celebrities out there, are bisexual or fucked around with same sex hook-ups. And yes, some are 100% gay, and marry women who are gay as well, or who are straight, but don’t mind entering into the relationship or marriage, because bearding pays VERY well, (especially when kids are agreed upon), and they have a discreet boyfriend who is OK with it, and they both genuinely get along with the closeted, gay husband and his boyfriend.

I’m not sure that society is completely ready to accept fluidity or gay couples as a norm, just yet. Obviously, there’s a lot of resistance and bigotry from the far right and religious right.

It’s getting better, but what worries me is that now we seem to have this emerging class of gay men and/or gay couples, who are highly conservative, and support political candidates who undermine gay rights, or are in consort with evangelicals who do, and these gay men or gay couples do this, because they’re usually wealthy and want tax breaks.

That pisses me off.

Anyhow, everyone is allowed to vote however they want, and date, marry whomever they wish.

OP’s characterization of a straight Frau who appreciates the company of gay men is funny, yet off, because from what I’ve observed, not all, but MANY women with PhDs, are full on, out of the closet, LESBIANS. 👩‍❤️‍👩

Lmao 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2020 12:20 PM

I’m sick of the frau cunt infestation here.

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2020 12:57 PM

r10 is correct. Embarassed for OP.

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2020 1:00 PM

Guys, the OP is talking to "herself" at R41. Use Ignore-dar. SAME poster.

She's both a straight woman in OP and other posts and ALSO a "bisexual man" in R41.

This freak exposed their hand.

It's the troll who gets off on trying to get gay men to think about fucking women.

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2020 1:06 PM

Gee, OP aren’t you special. 😐

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2020 1:53 PM

Guys, the OP is talking to "herself" at [R41]. Use Ignore-dar. SAME poster.

She's both a straight woman in OP and other posts and ALSO a "bisexual man" in [R41].

It's the troll who gets off on trying to get gay men to think about fucking women.

by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2020 1:57 PM

Yes, you’re TWISTED! Now fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2020 2:09 PM

She's both a straight woman in OP and other posts and ALSO a "bisexual man" in [R41].

by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2020 2:14 PM

Be patient. We just have to get her down the staircase and out the front door. Easy, fellas... easy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2020 2:21 PM

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2020 2:50 PM

This is why they hate us. Some of the replies. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2020 3:58 PM

R56, it's not even a WOMAN.

It's a sick man who gets off on trying to get gay men to think about fucking pussy.

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2020 4:19 PM

I should have used Ignore-dar on R56.

HE is ALSO the OP as well as R41.

Troll has been completely exposed.

OP is a "straight woman" at OP, a "bisexual man" at R41 and a presumably "gay man" at R56.

TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 58May 28, 2020 4:22 PM

You guys are missing the elephant in the room. OP grew up in WeHo during the AIDS crisis and based on her response at R6 it's obvious she got some ideas in her mind about us being some unattainable, sensitive creatures. If she was married while she was a student then she probably didn't get to explore sex too much and now she is probably not getting laid with the pandemic. Nothing wrong with her, just that she is a bit naive.

by Anonymousreply 59May 28, 2020 6:12 PM

She’s not a woman!

She’s a man and a troll.

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2020 6:38 PM

[R56], it's not even a WOMAN.

It's a sick man who gets off on trying to get gay men to think about fucking pussy.

Guys, the OP is talking to "herself" at [[R41]]. Use Ignore-dar. SAME poster.

She's both a straight woman in OP and other posts and ALSO a "bisexual man" in [[R41]].

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2020 6:39 PM

I stopped at the PhD assertion. Sure Juan.

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2020 9:29 PM

Yep, OP is also the lesbian at R36, and “this why they hate us” at R56.

Damn I miss the days when one click would light up a troll in piss yellow. You lose valuable time calling out trolls having to use ignore-dar.

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2020 12:05 PM

“She” is also the bisexual man at R41.

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2020 12:13 PM

So why are we focusing on the troll?

Is some huge bisexual celebrity about to be outed or something?

Who cares? Some of us here know who is who, and DGAF.

None of my beeswax who someone sticks their dick into.

by Anonymousreply 65May 30, 2020 3:34 PM

I'm just pointing out that the OP is a liar who has posted as several different characters in this thread. People responding to "her" should know that it is just a fake story.

"She" has posted in here as a straight woman, a lesbian, a bisexual man and a gay man.

Why respond TO "her?"

Call "her" out.

by Anonymousreply 66May 30, 2020 4:32 PM

this is [R39] The bitch OP the 'PhD' currently practicing in "Viena" --- just came back here and used ignoredar (never used it before) and HAHA LOOK what disappeared. Thanks for the ignoredar tip people.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2020 10:50 AM

I find this thread bizarre. I am neither a bisexual man (actually I like gay men because they never talk like that), or a lesbiam SJW, or someone who says "this is why they hate us"...vivid imigination to say the least.

I actually spoke very respectfully about gay culture and men and can't really understand why I was attacked by incredibly nasty four letter words, epithets and such. Clearly, this site is dominated by folks who have paranoia and real, visceral hate. And yes, straight women do have the ability to obtain a PhD. My God...what a bunch of strange reactions (especially the poster who kept posting the same thing over and over again was kind of creepy). Anyway, clearly the wrong place except for a few reasonable replies, the rest were bullies no better than the right wing. Sad that in this day and age we are still acting like this to each other.

by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2020 10:26 AM

Fucking lying bitch, YOU wrote this at R41 pretending to be a bisexual man:

[quote]OP you do know that there are bi guys on this board too, right? We can satisfy you until your eyes pop out of your head, no problem.

You are talking to the "OP" there, fucking lying bitch. Talking to YOURSELF.

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2020 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!