Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I am so depressed on my Birthday this year

Usually I am in LA for my birthday every year, but this year I am fucking trapped in my apartment. This sucks so fucking bad. Today is my birthday, another year older. This years birthday should not even count.

I miss my people in LA so much too! Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2021 1:41 AM

You can make up stories about evil white transplants in Brooklyn . Or spam tiktok and Instagram links.

Those things apparently make you happy.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 1:38 PM

I never thought I'd live to see NativeNYer post that they're unhappy about being stuck in the city they were born and raised in—something we, as mere mortals who did not launch out of our mother's vaginas in one of the five boroughs, will never understand.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 1:39 PM

R1 nothing I say is “made up”, just because you don’t like it. Too bad. Stay in your lane.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 1:40 PM

Sorry to hear that, OP. Have a party once lockdown is over.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 1:42 PM

What age are you? Has your ass started to sag?

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 2:01 PM

Call your mom.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 2:05 PM

Grow up, OP. I turned 60 the day after Donald Trump was elected.

How would like to absorb a pile of shit that high as November 8 turns into November 9 and you became 60 as Donald Trump became President?

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 2:12 PM

🎶 I'd be safe and warm if I was in LA. 🎶

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 3:02 PM

I never understood people who were so obsessed with their birthdays. It is just another day.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 3:06 PM

Jesus, go do something to help someone else and stop whining!

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2020 3:10 PM

Where are you at exactly and why are you in Los Angeles every year on your B-Day?

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 3:15 PM

Join the crowd Op. My birthday is the day after Christmas, December 26, and it gets no fanfare at all.

But, Happy Birthday!

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 3:15 PM

I hear you, OP. My birthday is in early April, and I usually think of spring as the real most wonderful time of the year. Not much wonderfulness this year. Two friends eventually took me out for socially distanced takeout two Saturdays later, but it wasn't the same.

In any case, I do wish you a Happy Birthday—the happiest one it is possible for you to have, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2020 3:22 PM

We feel your pain, OP, and hope you are feeling better.

By the way, does anyone have any twigs?

We're building a room addition.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 3:33 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! I turned 33 today.

r11 born and raised in Brooklyn. I go to LA ever year for my bday, it is my fav city besides NYC, obviously. Although I am getting over NYC now with the transplants coming to the outer boroughs now.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 3:52 PM

R15 cut or uncut? How many inches?

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 3:55 PM

Are you always such a whiny twat, Miss OP?

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2020 4:38 PM

Yes, yes he is, R17.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2020 5:49 PM

Call a waaaahnmbulance

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2020 5:52 PM

How old and how fat are you, OP? Probably it's your age and your weight that depress you.....

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2020 6:12 PM

My birthday was Thursday. I had to work via zoom meetings until 2 in the morning. It was about as fun as it sounds but I got over it. Happy birthday, OP. Just think how much fun you’ll have when you can get to LA again, even if it’s not on your actual birthday.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 6:16 PM

Condolences, to the OP, condolences to everyone who's depressed, lonely, and scared - which I think is absolutely everybody.

But I'm the most depressed and lonely! Okay, I'm an ICU nurse, I work with COVID patients. So I'm not just depressed, bored, and lonely, like everyone, I'm afraid for my own health AND I don't have any idea when I can resume a social life. The virus not only has a long incubation period, when it infects someone they can keep testing positive for weeks or over a month, because we've got no cure! So in good conscience, I don't see how I can visit friends or relatives who are at all at-risk or who are in contact with anyone who is, as it's known that some people can by asymptomatic carriers and there's been no useful research on that front. So it may be a year or more, before I can resume any sort of social life.

I mean, it's not all bad, I'm still working and paying my bills when others are not, but this sucks.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2020 11:09 PM

NativeNYer would be a Gemini

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2020 12:23 AM

Update- I went to my mothers, who bought lunch and made dinner for me, as well as gave me a gift card. My youngest sister also bought me a gift card and I hung out with my little bro for a bit. They also got me a cake and ice cream.

Turned out to be a good day filled with love.

This is the first time I spent my bday with family in years. I always go to LA. Was nice.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2020 12:55 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2020 3:04 AM

Glad you had a good day regardless. Now tell us about your cock x

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2020 4:33 AM

Okay...wow. this is not about you. it's about me.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2020 4:01 PM

Happy birthday, OP!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2020 4:05 PM

OP, r22 put things into perspective for you, you whiny little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2020 5:42 PM

has shared his Instagram here before, you can see what he looks like r20. But I think he regretted so I guess I won't reshare it.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2020 8:34 PM

R30 are you mentally ill? You’re obsessed. Stop. It’s creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2020 8:43 PM

This too shall pass.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2020 8:46 PM

I found out one of my favorite LA restaurants is permanently closing today. It’s a little family diner, nothing fancy, but has been our go-to for breakfast for years. Run by the sweetest man. I am so sad for our city and what it will look like when this is over. So many small businesses folding, all the hardship.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2020 8:48 PM

Trump is part of the blame. Instead of bailing them out he is bailing out major corporations

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2020 9:00 PM

There are no win-win scenarios with incurable pandemics.

There is only damage reduction, which could sure as hell be better done.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2020 11:06 PM

Its about to be another year of me being trapped.

I am so sad.

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2021 1:35 AM

Boo hoo, OP. I just had my second birthday in quarantine. You'll live.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2021 1:36 AM

OP, why not travel to Florida and be free to enjoy yourself for your birthday?

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2021 1:38 AM

I am scared of FL right now r38

Too many people being reckless there.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2021 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!