Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Lance Armstrong get the face he deserves?

Yet another doc about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2021 5:58 PM

Lance Armstrong is as ugly as sin, and was schooled by Oprah to boot.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 8:42 AM

Here in Austin you never hear anything good about him, which is surprising. He accomplished a lot and usually you hear at least one story about local celebs being nice or buying a round of drinks. Nada. He’s the exactopposite of Matthew Mcconaughey, who is loved by locals. Lance is only known to be a massive self-important asshole In public, both before and after the scandal. What you see is what you get. He embodies the phrase, “it’s lonely at the top”. But that’s in his head. For a lot of people, he’s at the bottom. I suspect he has some degree of antisocial personality disorder which was probably instrumental in his success, as it is to many successful businessmen.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 8:54 AM

He’s a dirty lying skank.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 8:58 AM

Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 9:18 AM

Could never stand this guy, even when he was popular. So full of himself. An insufferable narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 10:37 AM

Great movie about the sandal was The Program from 2015. The lengths this asshole went to and the people he damaged along the way was mind-blowing. The movie is a fascinating study of how people will continue to believe in someone/something even when faced with evidence to the contrary.

Reminds me of that Theranos documentary and how all those old white board members would not give up on Elizabeth Holmes even as the evidence stacked up against her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 1:41 PM

^^ sandal = scandal. I hate this autocorrect, Muriel!

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 1:42 PM

He got the scrotum he deserved.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 1:47 PM

He's a complete sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 4:17 PM

I think he probably is a sociopath like Michael Jordan ...but it seems that doping was ever prevalent in cycling

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2020 1:57 AM

He's definitely a narcissist sociopath..feel bad for his family.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2020 3:30 PM

I always hated this guy. He is always seemed like a douche

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2020 3:39 PM

Did he dope so much that the drugs caused cancer in one of his balls? Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2020 3:43 PM

R2 is correct, even before the scandal, the consensus among Austinites who’d met Armstrong was that he was a self-important asshole.

I used to go to a 24 Hour Fitness gym near UT Austin that was dedicated to and named for Lance. As soon as the scandal broke, all of his memorabilia was removed and the gym just became a standard 24 Hour Fitness.

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2020 3:48 PM

He's like a billionare now. He invested in some company-- I think Uber --- And when it went public he hit the lottery! Another reason to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2020 3:50 PM

Isn't McCounaghey friends with him? (I can't spell that gaelic nonsense and I'm not looking it up. ...or up at the thread. I'm hungover and lazy. And, yes, Irish.)

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2020 4:01 PM

I can't get too worked up about a boy-man who got famous for riding a bicycle and cheating. The media made him and the media destroyed him - he isn't particularly interesting save for being a "hero" who's also a colossal asshole. Any inside dirt on Lance and Sheryl Crow? Didn't he break her heart?

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2020 4:13 PM

He's like an overgrown frat boy

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2020 6:44 PM

Iain Glen from GoT could play him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2020 7:02 PM

R16, Armstrong and McConaughey certainly have been friends. Not sure if they still are.

by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2020 7:05 PM

Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2020 7:07 PM

No. The face he deserves is a face bashed in with a baseball bat....

by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2020 7:40 PM

His son is now accused of allegedly raping a 16 year old when he was 18.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2021 5:23 PM

He was an arrogant jerk well before the cancer diagnosis and winning the TDF. He went over to Europe and thought he was god's gift to cycling even while failing to finish the TDF. I couldn't believe it when people really believed he was winning the TDF clean. Yeah, sure, he discovered if you pedal easier and faster, you can win the TDF. He never fell from grace for me, because I never put him on a pedestal in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2021 5:42 PM

Fuck him. I had an instant dislike when I found out he went bike riding with war criminal George W Bush (yes, I know we're supposed to like Bush now that Trump was exponentially worse, but he is still a war criminal). It was no shock to hear a few years later that he'd cheated all along with doping. Typical Republican ways--cheat and win at all costs. Enjoy your retirement being hated by everyone, Lance!

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2021 5:45 PM

He always had that mean-looking face. I never looked at him as a hero, even before the doping scandal, etc. When his book about fighting cancer came out, one of my dumb relatives was reading it, and I said pfft. Relative said: "We need all kinds of heroes."

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2021 5:52 PM

R4 that story made me sort of sad. Whatever he is, he's not a happy person and never has been. People who are angry like that are responding to fear.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2021 5:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!