Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elder Gays Tell Me About Pull Tabs

Were you always cutting yourself on them? Or putting them in the can for convenience and swallowing them?

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 8:56 PM

We made cool chainmail. You're an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 5:10 AM

I think OP means these R1. Yes, you would occasionally cut yourself. A little blood made Blatz taste better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 5:16 AM

R2 Yes, those are the same ring tabs we've always used to make sheets of chainmaille. People make fantasy chest 'armour' out of them. Dog leashes, necklaces, totes, purses, whatever. There is enough demand that this not be a secret.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 5:24 AM

Well???

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2020 8:55 AM

According Jimmy Buffett In Margaritaville, pop tops were gateways to getting drunk.

I blew out my flip flop Stepped on a pop top Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home But there's booze in the blender And soon it will render That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2020 10:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 4:26 PM

For some reason, I thought about the putting it inside the can/choking fears thing yesterday...strange. No one talks about that anymore with the new tabs.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 4:30 PM

If you’re going to be an insane old post bumper, at least be consistent with your subject. This is the wrong kind of “tab”, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]A little blood made Blatz taste better.

Watch out for r2. He’ll buy you a beer and then squeeze the Schlitz out of ya.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 4:58 PM

You thought a paper cut hurt?

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 5:09 PM

Some of us remember how we opened cans before those existed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 8:52 PM

I always put my ring tab in the can. It NEVER came out or anywhere near my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!