Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wow, Bostonians seem like such nice people 😳

Why are Native Bostonians even meaner than Native NYers? Like, calm down. No wonder my friend hates that city lmao. He always says it is because of the people from there. His exact words are “ Bostonians are generally square, self important assholes”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6605/24/2020

Massholes

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2020

Drunks

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2020

Massachusetts is filled with people like this. The one and only time I was gay bashed was in Springfield, MA.

I was sitting in my car a block away from a gay bar. This college aged guy comes up in front of the car and yells, "Are you a faggot?" I shook my head no. He then bangs his fist on the hood of my car and yells, "If you were, I'd have to rip your head off and shit down your neck."

They're worse than Southern rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2020

Boston Irish are psychotic. The Irish curse.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2020

That’s what Cambridge is for, darling.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2020

Bostonian men are known for their Homophobia and Racism. They’re awfully closed minded.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2020

We couldn’t give Boston back to the British if we wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2020

r3 ....................................... *laughs*

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2020

I had to live in Boston for a couple years for work. It was horrid. I put in a transfer request within 6 months, and it took the next year and a half for me to move. I couldn't get out fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 905/22/2020

I hated it, too. Bunch of ugly, rude for no reason sub-humans.

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2020

Ugly? Some of the hottest celebs come out of Boston.

by Anonymousreply 1105/22/2020

Butt ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1205/22/2020

I moved there with my family when I was 14. It was awful. If you’re not from there, and if you’re not Irish or WASP you are viewed as suspect and less than. And the winters are dreadful. I moved away after college and have only been back twice (that was 15 years ago)

by Anonymousreply 1305/22/2020

Mark Walberg and Chubby Ben Affleck. 🔥

by Anonymousreply 1405/22/2020

R14, DL fave Arlene Francis.

by Anonymousreply 1505/22/2020

Mark & Donnie Wahlberg

Ben & Casey Affleck

Matt Damon

John Krasinski

Chris Evans

James Spader

John Slattery

Misha Collins

Tom Brady

All from parts of Boston

by Anonymousreply 1605/22/2020

New Yorker deflecting from the unwelcome negative attention on his city.

by Anonymousreply 1705/22/2020

[quote] Tom Brady

Brady is from San Mateo.

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2020

You were born and raised in NY, r17?

Edward Norton is also from Boston

by Anonymousreply 1905/22/2020

It's the Irish Americans for the most part. I always thought it was funny what a victim complex they have given how viciously they tended to bully others.

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2020

I admit to being Boston Irish Catholic. These guys are why I left. Personal note - my father was killed in that bar.

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2020

Any backwater burg produces some beauties. Though many in the list above I wouldn’t agree with at all. In my area we have : Sandra Bullock, Warren Beatty, Julianne Moore, Shirley McLean, Jared Leto, Jim Morrison, and Joan from Mad Men. Oh and Geena Rowland’s. At least. I’m too lazy to look up the whole list. This is just shitty old Arlington Va.

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2020

That's fucked up r21! Is that a shitty area? I've only driven around Boston on my way to Salem, Mass.

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2020

If we include famous Politicians and females, we also have

Michael Bloomberg (who had no business in NYC)

Uma Thurman

Mindy Kailing

Allison Janney

Bobby Brown

Ben Foster

Jack Lemmon

Jennifer Coolidge

The Kennedy’s

Leonard Nimoy

Maura Tierney

Barbara Walters

James Remar

Donna Summer

Connie Britton

Anthony Michael Hall

Just to name a few. So the idea no one comes out of Boston is a lie. Many stars have originally come from Boston.

by Anonymousreply 2405/22/2020

Another factor is all the Ivy League grads. I've noticed hyper educated cities tend to be cold and nasty. DC has a similar energy to Boston.

by Anonymousreply 2505/22/2020

So an idiot obviously using a cell phone videoing people on the street outside a bar is called out, mostly with silliness, and the OP and the posters here want to shit on Boston for it?

Yes, there are assholes in Massachusetts. As in the taper. And the posters here and the OP show the condition is more prevalent than one state.

Shit. We even have R20 pulling the ancient Irish prejudice.

Sorry about your father, R21. But for the other fools here, bar violence of different forms is common, and not focused on or limited to "Irish Bostonians," which is a fake term anyway because there ain't no Irish there.

by Anonymousreply 2605/22/2020

[R21] Damn. I’m sorry. I’ve heard a lot about terrible things going down in those southie bars . Your poor dad. 😢😢

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2020

[quote] Edward Norton is also from Boston

Don’t make me swoon, r19.

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2020

Ummm Boston has some very beautiful areas. Like everywhere, there are good and bad parts. You will never find an area 100% clean and beautiful. Only in the kind of the naive

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2020

R26 unmmmm he called him a fat faggot.

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2020

"You think you're better than me?!"

by Anonymousreply 3105/22/2020

r30 YOU’RE EDWIN MONTANEZ JR?

by Anonymousreply 3205/22/2020

R16,

Bette Davis

Leonard Bernstein

Mike Wallace

Ed McMahon

Donna Murphy

Walter Brennan

John Cena

John Enos

by Anonymousreply 3305/22/2020

So many celebs came from Boston. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2020

Celebs come from a Pittsburgh, too. Should I list them?

by Anonymousreply 3505/22/2020

It’s that working class English/Irish obnoxiousness. Irish guys from Boston remind me a lot of English yob types who will shit all over you to feed their own tiny egos — even if you’re a total stranger — and if you call them on it they say “I’m just busting ya balls” (or the English version, just havin a laugh or just takin the piss).

by Anonymousreply 3605/22/2020

Boston people are the best. I've visited quite a few times and have always found strangers to be helpful. In fact, I've had multiple experiences where I'm standing in front of a transit map and had people ask if I needed help. You're going to find this one hard to believe, but they have a very cool modesty. One of the 9/11 planes left from Logan Airport, the Boston Marathon bomber...Boston had a big role in major events and they took care of business and then shut up. I don't want to name other cities but some keep reliving awful situations they've been through ad nauseum.

by Anonymousreply 3705/22/2020

Why didn’t the guy present hole and say come on, what are you waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 3805/22/2020

Massachusetts are full of the cuntiest cunts who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 3905/22/2020

One of these days they’re going to fuck with the wrong person and they’ll get the shit beat out of them.

by Anonymousreply 4005/22/2020

r40 Bostonian men tend to be aggressive and rough. I doubt they will lose the fight to some prissy queen.

by Anonymousreply 4105/22/2020

[quote]I don't want to name other cities but some keep reliving awful situations they've been through ad nauseum.

Oh please. We are STILL luxuriating in the Boston Marathon bombings years after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 4205/22/2020

I lived in Boston in the late 80's. There were so many place you were forbidden to walk around at night, anything beyond Mass General, Dorchester, South Boston, Mattapan.

by Anonymousreply 4305/23/2020

R43 it’s not like that now.

by Anonymousreply 4405/23/2020

Always hated Boston and don’t understand why people choose to live there. Some good historic architecture is the best I can see. But Philly does it better. The Philly Irish aren’t as virulently racist and violent. There is more diversity and snobbery was never encouraged like in old Boston.

by Anonymousreply 4505/23/2020

They certainly were NOT civilized when it came to busing in the 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 4605/23/2020

Oh shit! Those my bro’s!

by Anonymousreply 4705/23/2020

Horrible, fugly people.

by Anonymousreply 4805/23/2020

Monkey Monk was strictly FROM the GUTTER.

by Anonymousreply 4905/23/2020

Marky Mark was HOT

by Anonymousreply 5005/23/2020

R46 Stupidest idea ever! Why do you think pols will never back something like that today?

We have school vouchers, which help poor students in bad schools attend better schools. However, you don't take students attending better schools and bus them to shitty schools.

This led to MASSIVE white flight, and decreased Boston's public school enrollment drastically!

I would have been one of the parents, out in the streets, throwing rocks too, if my crumb snatchers had to pull up and leave all their friends/teachers/environment for some ridiculous social experiment. AND YOU WOULD TOO!

by Anonymousreply 5105/23/2020

Boston busing was so mishandled.

While they were busing kids back and forth between South Boston and Roxbury, Chinatown had 100 percent Chinese schools. Not one white, black or brown person ever set foot in in a publicly financed school in Chinatown. So much for diversity.

Sooooo many kids dropped out of school. There was a whole generation who had no diplomas. No money for improvements or programs, only for buses. It impacted the Boston school system for years. Surrounded by universities and colleges but what a crappy school system.

Thank you Judge Garrity.

by Anonymousreply 5205/23/2020

The Tam is a dive bar in the theater district. Cash only. It's not in South Boston. And I'm pretty sure that guy is Italian. So one asshole out of twenty. Not bad odds in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 5305/23/2020

I've always liked Boston. I've been there probably a dozen times sometimes on business. And I'm Irish but they wouldn't know that. I find the people there nice and unassuming. Not flashy. People there seem normal to me. Never had any issues except for one hotel security guy who was caught breaking into my room. But he didn't have an Irish last name. The cop who arrested him did.

by Anonymousreply 5405/23/2020

Boston is never going to be as great a place as New York!

by Anonymousreply 5505/23/2020

NYC is not even great anymore. I’m sick of the hype. It’s been sanitized to the point it feels like every other city.

by Anonymousreply 5605/23/2020

This Boston aggressiveness and crudeness has been satirized many times on comedy shows - with good reason.

I don't understand it - but if there's a mouthy guy that's quick to fight, many times it's been a guy from Boston, in my experience.

However, they are still behind Long Island and NJ. Lots of trashy, aggressively mean talk there from both men and women. It's insane.

There are working class types in all major US cities, but they're not as aggressive as in Boston and NYC tri-state area. Why is that?

It's like it is some civic counterbalance for culture and refinement.

by Anonymousreply 5705/23/2020

^^^ And the driving is atrocious. They’ll cut you off just for meanness. I’m a Mary about driving in the Northeast and won’t do it.

by Anonymousreply 5805/23/2020

OOO. A Southern Belle. I always wanted to court a Southern Belle.

by Anonymousreply 5905/23/2020

I wish gays would get some balls and start carrying guns. It would be for their own good since assholes never want to fight one on one but want to fight one vs. a group. Not exactly fair.

by Anonymousreply 6005/23/2020

[quote] We are STILL luxuriating in the Boston Marathon bombings years after the fact.

That’s because it helps them momentarily assuage their inferiority complex regarding New York: “Hey! We were attacked too!”

by Anonymousreply 6105/23/2020

Cold, unfriendly and uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 6205/23/2020

The architecture downtown is pretty, but most of the rest of the city is a shithole the further out from downtown you get.

by Anonymousreply 6305/23/2020

Fat, ugly people complains about finding no love nowhere. Nothing new. NEXT! One of the best cities I ever visited.

by Anonymousreply 6405/23/2020

[quote] NYC is not even great anymore. I’m sick of the hype. It’s been sanitized to the point it feels like every other city.

Fortunately for me, this is far from the truth!

by Anonymousreply 6505/23/2020

NYC is great if you’re rich. Otherwise it’s overcrowded and never ending work.

by Anonymousreply 6605/24/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!