Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘We need more prayer’: Trump orders states to let houses of worship reopen despite coronavirus crisis

I had no idea he was such a Godly man. Lmao.

“Some governors have deemed liquor stores and abortion clinics essential but left out churches and houses of worship. It is not right,” Trump said, reading from prepared remarks.

The president continued, “The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, for this weekend. If they don’t do it, I will override the governors. In America, we need more prayer, not less.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 8:16 PM

It's almost like he doesn't know how viruses spread.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 7:16 PM

I will pray that your fat ass is bounced out of the White House in an epic manner. Lord, hear my prayer.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 7:47 PM

They are essential for spreading the disease among people who are no longer essential to this planet. May they sing the praises of the Lord very loudly spraying their virus poisoned mouth aerosol droplets like agent orange decimating the Vietnamese and American soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 7:57 PM

Since he has never been religious, or a regular church member, I doubt very much that he actually knows how to pray. Or that it can be done anytime and anywhere. Not just in some building where you are asked to pay for the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 8:08 PM

This is not at all surprising. Trump is a stream-of-consciousness sounding board for his born-again Tea Party overlords. He spews whatever they feed him (albeit in a near-incomprehensible way 99% of the time).

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!