Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Fux Up On Black Radio Show

He’s trending on Twitter for saying

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black!”

On The Breakfast Club.

by Anonymousreply 427May 27, 2020 6:14 AM

Oh no, trending on Twitter, well his life is over now, obviously. RIP Joe Biden, died because someone on Twitter took something out of context and created a hashtag about it.

Thanks for alerting us to this massive breaking news, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 3:12 PM

It’s getting weird

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 3:12 PM

He's going to lose this election by himself. There's no help for him. The best we can do is show up at the polls and put a checkmark by his name. But he's not helping..

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 3:13 PM

He's right.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 3:14 PM

He is right

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 3:15 PM

If he would just stay quarantined & silent until the election. A generic, no-named Democrat is enough to win.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 3:19 PM

Hmmm could those tweets be coming from, I don't know....... Russian Bots??????????????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 3:19 PM

Black voters forced him on us, so they forfeit the righty one offended by anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 3:22 PM

Boris and Natasha workin' overtime!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 3:23 PM

His mouth and Klobuchar = 4 more years of Plump.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 3:28 PM

This is why they keep him in the basement with a script

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Charlamagne is a rough and dangerous interviewer. Biden should have been better prepared

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 3:31 PM

Unapologetic racist campaigning but he will get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 3:31 PM

The interview here. The remark at 17:25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 3:32 PM

[R5] No, he isn't "right." It's an outrageous statement implying that skin color and political orientation are inextricable and that any deviation from the party line somehow invalidates someone's race. Then why should I bother to listen what any black person says if I already know their opinion? Whatever happened to differentiating "color of skin" and "content of character?"

Biden is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 3:33 PM

He could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and I’d still vote for him.

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 3:33 PM

If you vote for Trump over Biden you should have to turn in your "Member of Humanity" card.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 3:34 PM

They're both laughing right before it and he doesn't sound accusatory, so I'm still failing to see what the outrage is.

I think this is something the Twitterati is latching onto now that the Reade thing is fully dead and buried.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 3:35 PM

Is it still possible to "vote for the other Biden?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 3:35 PM

Woke white people may find that offensive, but I guarantee no black people do. Woke white people don’t like Biden to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 3:36 PM

R18, there is no outrage, just typical right-winger fakerage.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 3:37 PM

R20 So we're still saying 'woke'?

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2020 3:38 PM

It was a joke

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 3:39 PM

R22 what term would you prefer I use?

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 3:39 PM

I'll see your Biden gaffe and raise you one Trump Hitler shout out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2020 3:41 PM

R23 Thanks. I didn't get it, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]but I guarantee no black people do.

I can see Black Republicans and Libertarians taking umbrage. You can't take away someone's "Black card" because they're not a Democrat or because they don't like rap or whatever arbitrary marker some people set up to make Black people feel they are not "authentically" Black if they don't like it. He screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2020 3:43 PM

Is she "woke?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2020 3:44 PM

A really stupid thing to say. Biden becomes very aggressive whenever his record is questioned. It’s not like his record is spotless when it comes to black people. The crime bill comes to mind. Of course he’s better than trump, but insulting voters is always a dumb thing to do. He should apologize. He shouldn’t have gone on that show anyway. Charlamagne is always trying to trick politicians into saying stupid stuff and I can’t remember any time a politician went on his show and came out looking better. It was hilarious when he called Elizabeth Warren “the original Rachel Doezal” to her face tho.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2020 3:44 PM

R27: Who gives a shit what they think? They ain't voting for him. Your concern is noted...and dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2020 3:45 PM

not the best response, and a reminder he does have a temper, but I think we're all past the point where little gaffes by Biden will save the shitgoblin. He just sucks too much and too obviously.

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2020 3:53 PM

Does Joe also carry hot sauce?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] I can see Black Republicans and Libertarians taking umbrage.

Yes, all five of them.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2020 3:54 PM

R32 different story. That bitch was pandering.

by Anonymousreply 34May 22, 2020 3:55 PM

[R34] There's something so deliriously silly about Hillary and her "hot sauce" meme that it gets me every time.

by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2020 3:58 PM

R32, Don't be silly. Biden carries an insulated freezer tote full of ice cream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2020 4:00 PM

R35, I can’t even watch it. It gives me second-hand embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2020 4:03 PM

He doesn't even say "you're not black", but "you ain't black" in that phony black-folk talk like Obama used to put on when speaking to a black crowd. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2020 4:06 PM

[R35] I never knew that "hot sauce" was a thing with black people. Soul food, maybe, but hot sauce? If hot sauce is associated with an ethnicity wouldn't it be Hispanic?

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2020 4:07 PM

R38, Obama is black, went to a black church, is surrounded by black folks including his wife. Nothing phony about it

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote]It's an outrageous statement implying that skin color and political orientation are inextricable and that any deviation from the party line somehow invalidates someone's race.

"I am outraged by my own wildly over-elaborate interpretation of Joe Biden's comment!"

African Americans generally love Biden (remember the South Carolina primary?) and won't be offended.

by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2020 4:09 PM

Talk about not being able to take a joke...

by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2020 4:11 PM

He’s totally right. Why would black people with any self respect vote for that racist piece of shit?

Gird those loins folks it’s going to get muuuuch uglier with the faux outrage, the lies, and the insinuations about how much the ‘democrat party’ hates this country. And remind yourself who who the actual ‘merica haters are: Not only The Dump and his band of war criminals but also any Deplorable who supports this administration and its re-election is supporting the continued descent into madness and the further warping of our country’s identity.

by Anonymousreply 43May 22, 2020 4:11 PM

Most black people agree, but he shouldn’t have said it. Let Black people say it.

by Anonymousreply 44May 22, 2020 4:12 PM

[R40] Obama attend Rev. Wright's church with the express purpose of ingratiating himself with an inner city black constituency, who had previously rejected him for being "too white." It was a very cynical political move but it worked. Then he threw Rev. Wright (from whom he borrowed the "audacity of hope" phrase) under the bus when his "Goddamn America!" speech was leaked during the primary against Hillary. He's a phony.

by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2020 4:13 PM

Well, he probably could have said it differently, but he pretty much hit the nail on the head. What self-respecting member of a minority, let alone ANY intelligent person, could support such a national disgrace as trump?

by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2020 4:14 PM

[R43] The principle doesn't just apply to black people.

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2020 4:15 PM

Biden's only in this race because of black people in South Carolina. So why even make this comment?

Why doesn't he address the 53% of white women who voted for Trump in a similar manner? Or the white men who overwhelmingly voted for Trump?

These moderates really need to stop shittiing in their own beds and stop bending ass over backwards for the enemy time and time again. Black people always overwhelmingly vote democrat. Go after the white voters who keep voting in their own self interests. Tell them if they vote for Trump they aren't real men and women. Why don't you tell the fucking truth ON THAT for a change.

And stop comparing this to the Hillary hot sauce moment. If Hillary had said something like this, she would have been destroyed by the media, and she would have been accused of acting entitled.

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2020 4:17 PM

He didn’t say anything black people haven’t already said right to his face.

That is why he was confident saying it.

by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2020 4:19 PM

[quote] Biden's only in this race because of black people in South Carolina.

He's in the race because he won the primary. The End.

by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Yeah he supposedly screwed up when he yelled at that factory worker who accused him of wanting to take everyone’s guns. Omg he used the f-word and called him a liar!

The media are retarded.

by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2020 4:21 PM

Almost everyone in the legitimate media went to a second- or third-tier university. They gave a very infantile view of things.

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote]He's in the race because he won the primary.

He's in this race because of black people in South Carolina. The End.

It's not his place to say any of this.

Black people aren't the enemy. Those white rust belt types who keep voting Republican time and time again are.

So say that to their faces, instead of constantly making excuses for their ignorance and prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2020 4:23 PM

Yawn. Another trumped up Biden scandal that will disappear without affect the polls like all the other attempts to create a Biden scandal?

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2020 4:25 PM

When did he say all black people are the enemy? He never said anything like that. You are really twisting what he said. Black people are the reason he won in the south. They aren't the reason he won in the other states outside of that region.

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2020 4:25 PM

R52 Oooh, we're hearing from the education snob! God forbid anyone should attend a state university.

by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2020 4:26 PM

R40 you need to read David Garrow’s exhaustively researched biography of Obama. Obama had basically no real contact with the black community until he went to Chicago to be an organizer. It was always a huge source of frustration and insecurity for Obama. He knew so little about African American history growing up that he didn’t even know how to pronounce W.E.B Du Bois’s name. He pronounced it French like DuBois in “Streetcar.” Garrow even strongly insinuates that Obama left his (iirc) half-white/half-Asian longtime girlfriend and married Michelle because he was looking for credibility in the black community for a political career and felt he needed a black wife for that. Obama’s relationship with the African American community is extraordinarily complicated. And yes, when Obama speaks a certain way in front of black audiences (or writes about himself in a certain way in his “Dreams” memoir) it’s an act, or at least it’s not true to who he is/was

by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2020 4:42 PM

And it wasn't even close r50. He won the primary by a big margin.

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2020 4:46 PM

Are you guys kidding me with the Hillary/hot sauce slams? That's such old news, and after she was fully raked over the coals for "pandering," it turned out that she actually *has* been carrying hot sauce in her purse for years. She said it something like a decade before that in another interview, and said it's good for your health.

I couldn't watch more than a minute or two of the Biden interview; I was cringing too much. He really is a socially inappropriate person. But I'll still vote for him. I'd vote for a yellow dog before I'd vote for a Republican, let alone the Orange Dictator.

by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2020 4:54 PM

If he hadn't won South Carolina, he would have had to drop out.

South Carolina gave him the win that he needed. It gave him momentum and allowed him to go on to win the other states, and eventually the primary.

What's the big problem in admitting that? Black people came through and gave Biden the chance he needed to win the primary.

by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2020 4:54 PM

OK, it was in 2012, but she said it to that bulwark of Progressive Black Media, Condé Nast Traveler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2020 4:58 PM

I think it’s gross when white people try to affect African American urban vernacular. I’ll vote for him because there’s no choice but honestly, I’d rather have voted for Mayor Pete. Except his gayness was unpalatable to some people.

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2020 4:59 PM

R56 - Please be aware that R52 is not the education snob.

R52 is Ms. Arlene Frances

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 5:02 PM

Democrats have made themselves out to be the anti-white party. Shit like this does not help

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2020 5:05 PM

r13 = troll

We all know the real racist is Trump

by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2020 5:07 PM

Biden is gonna say a lot of things we don't agree with. But that's part of his appeal. The man is a gaffe machine, but at least he doesn't advocate injecting chlorine into our veins.

by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2020 5:08 PM

True dat.

by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2020 5:11 PM

Everytime he speaks I cringe. I don't know why he/his people thought it would be a good idea to run for president when he can't even speak properly. He is not Presidential. He obviously is way better than Trump, but this is pretty awful for a president. If he wins he'll be the worst Democratic president in my lifetime (I'm 27). It really should have been Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 68May 22, 2020 5:13 PM

He's hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2020 5:14 PM

I saw this headline, then I went to Twitter. Then I listened to the interview. Exactly, how did Biden fuck up? It was a good interview, not contentious at all. As a black person, let me make it clear, to any black person... hell... to any person regardless of color, that Biden is THE choice. End of story.

And R68, just shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2020 5:14 PM

David Sedaris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2020 5:14 PM

I hate deplorable threads. Fuck off, OP

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2020 5:18 PM

Sometimes the truth hurts. Just like the side stepping Joyce Reid revisionist historian approach stating that blacks do not discriminate against gays. Truth is that there are many in the black community that are homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2020 5:18 PM

The audience for this story is Fox News viewers. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2020 5:20 PM

I don't want to hear any more about Bernie Sanders. He was a ridiculous candidate--the fact that he isn't a declared Democrat should have disqualified him from seeking the party's nomination. WTF? Let alone that he is completely unprepared to govern the country.

I'm not going to engage in an argument about Sanders here, because this is a Biden thread, and people need to stop bringing him up.

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2020 5:20 PM

Well, Trump grabs pussies, has concentration camps at the border, corrupted every government agency, and his policies killed nearly 100,000 people. Anyone who is more upset about Biden’s comment than Trump's entire presidency is too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2020 5:22 PM

The point here is that an old white man is lumping all black people together. "If you don't think like I do, then you're not who I say you are." How's that "big tent of all types of people" working out?

by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote] How's that "big tent of all types of people" working out?

It's working out very well. Thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2020 5:30 PM

R77 HE WAS JOKING. THE HOST LAUGHED WITH HIM. I hate having to explain shit in caps.

by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2020 5:30 PM

That's what I don't get R76, why the hell is Trump held to such a low standard, and everyone else has to walk on eggshells? No. Trump has said and done things far worse. If Trump gets voted in 2020 then the evil Pence will be the 2024 Republican nominee. That man would really set us gays back 20, 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 80May 22, 2020 5:32 PM

R77 is deplorable trash.

by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2020 5:34 PM

This is a really dumb thing to say. Black people might say this sort of thing among themselves but it's awkward for the white politician himself to say it. I don't think anyone is going to switch to Trump because of this, but we can't afford for too many to stay home. Hopefully it will be water under the bridge by November.

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2020 5:34 PM

R70

Look, I'm biracial/black and agree that we must vote Biden against Trump. However, we cannot ignore how Bernie was a much better candidate and potential President for us black people. He would give our people access to healthcare. He would relieve our people's debt. In the poor state that we are in, he would work hard to actually fix a lot of our problems. I'm currently uninsured, like millions of my fellow black people in this country, and literally needed Bernie for my health. Now I am fucked and will be at high risk for years.

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2020 5:38 PM

No, Bernie wouldn't do any of that shit. He hasn't accomplished shit in 30 years, all he has done is talk about things that he thinks need to be accomplished. He was not a better candidate. People seem to care way more about his words than his actual actions (which are nothing).

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 5:40 PM

Don't you get how the federal Gov't works R83? Nothing could get done without the Senate and the House. How would Bernie accomplish such lofty goals being such a leftist? The country has moved into center- left territory.

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2020 5:42 PM

I know that race and sexual orientation are two different things and I'll get flamed but what if Biden had said 'If gays don't vote for me they're not gay!'

I mean would any gay man or woman take offense if this is said by a straight man or woman? Or would we laugh and say 'He's right!' Or is race such a more sensitive issue no white individual should say such a thing?

by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2020 5:43 PM

R85, some people REALLY put way too much emphasis on words rather than actions. Are people so dumb that they've forgotten the (true) saying "actions speak louder than words?". Biden has passed some good and pass legislation. Bernie hasn't passed shit. That tells me all I need to know.

by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2020 5:45 PM

This seems like a mistake that only helps Biden. He's not going to lose black voters with Obama pushing for him 24/7. And it's a win with white males who probably like the idea of Biden standing up to an aggressive black man.

Trump seems to be off his game while Biden isn't really hurting himself with his errors.

by Anonymousreply 88May 22, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]Look, I'm biracial/black and agree that we must vote Biden against Trump. However, we cannot ignore how Bernie was a much better candidate and potential President for us black people. He would give our people access to healthcare. He would relieve our people's debt. In the poor state that we are in, he would work hard to actually fix a lot of our problems. I'm currently uninsured, like millions of my fellow black people in this country, and literally needed Bernie for my health. Now I am fucked and will be at high risk for years.

Oh honey, just no. If black people care about getting Post Offices named after black people, then Bernie is your guy. Otherwise, the man has a record of nothing and would have continued that streak in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 89May 22, 2020 5:49 PM

At least Joe's keeper tried.

Over the course of the interview, an aide twice interrupted the back-and-forth to tell Biden he was over on time.

This inspired Charlamagne the God, the host of the popular 'Breakfast Club' program, to say, 'You can't do that to black media.'

by Anonymousreply 90May 22, 2020 5:49 PM

[quote]However, we cannot ignore how Bernie was a much better candidate and potential President for us black people.

You need to figure out why so many black people preferred Joe Biden (notably in South Carolina).

by Anonymousreply 91May 22, 2020 5:50 PM

So Biden is now a racist but the Orange Fucktwad isn't?

Isn't it time to put away this bs that happens on a daily basis and take a good long look at what the US has become as a country. We have a President who has no clue what he's doing, has no empathy for anyone, could care less that close to 100,000 Americans have lost their lives to this virus, does not take responsibility for anything, and people are still debating whether to vote for Biden or not?

Are you fucking serious?

There is no choice in my opinion. If we want to save this once-great country from becoming a quasi-dictatorship (and believe me, if you think Trump is bad now, wait till he gets re-elected. All bets are off at that point - forget shooting someone on Fifth Avenue - he'll stroll through the gates of Fort Knox and load up his personal trucks with gold bullion), then we vote for Biden and Democrats down ballot. So come Nov 3, people like Trump, and Moscow Mitch and Miss Lindsay are on their last legs career-wise when it comes to fucking us over time and time again.

Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 92May 22, 2020 5:50 PM

You can't be "the better candidate" and lose an election or primary by a large margin. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2020 5:51 PM

R86, I'd say he's completely right and anyone who doesn't agree is a fucking idiot or a Russian bot.

by Anonymousreply 94May 22, 2020 5:51 PM

What's interesting about that interview is how the interviewer refers to black ppl as "my people". What is he Moses now?.... Biden says something to the effect that he'll cut any interview short be it black media or white media. I like Joe.

by Anonymousreply 95May 22, 2020 5:56 PM

I meant to say:

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black. You’re Halloween. You’re Black and Orange.”

by Anonymousreply 96May 22, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Isn't it time to put away this bs that happens on a daily basis and take a good long look at what the US has become as a country. We have a President who has no clue what he's doing, has no empathy for anyone, could care less that close to 100,000 Americans have lost their lives to this virus, does not take responsibility for anything,

Well who overwhelmingly put that person in office? White men and women.

Who constantly votes against their own self interests time and time again? White men and women

So you know who to target your speech to.

by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2020 6:01 PM

I like Joe, probably more than the pragmatic way most of his supporters do. This has no effect on my support, but it's disappointing; you can't come along and tell people they aren't really black just because they don't toe the line and vote for Democrats like good obedient little slaves are expected to. It's way too loaded.

Black people in America fought long and hard for their civil rights, including their right to vote for the candidates of their choice. Symbolically trying to take away that right, even as a joke, is a bad look.

I know that probably sounds extreme but some people will be really sensitive to this.

by Anonymousreply 98May 22, 2020 6:03 PM

Boris, in America we have something called "jokes". When both parties laugh after one party says something, it's probably a joke. I know it's cold and gray where you are, but you must understand that we have a very different culture from yours.

by Anonymousreply 99May 22, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]This seems like a mistake that only helps Biden.

No, this was a terrible move. This is telling black people what they should think or feel. As a white politician it's not his place to do that. Obama wouldn't have dared say it.

[quote]And it's a win with white males who probably like the idea of Biden standing up to an aggressive black man.

You people always tell on yourself a sentence or two later.

[quote]I know that race and sexual orientation are two different things and I'll get flamed but what if Biden had said 'If gays don't vote for me they're not gay!'

Thanks for stating the first part of this. He would have never said that. The problem is he's telling an entire race he/the dems are owed their votes and they are not black if they don't give them to him as if he has the authority to decide this.

Look, at the end of the day we've got to vote for Biden. I think analyzing gaffes like these are important because we want as many people as possible to vote for this man or at the least (which is the real issue) vote period because they believe in him. He's not Obama. He doesn't "inspire" people. He can't do anything to turn people off that could have easily been avoided had he phrased his response differently or kept his mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 100May 22, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote]you can't come along and tell people they aren't really black just because they don't toe the line and vote for Democrats like good obedient little slaves are expected to.

Ok. I was upset with Joe over this... and then I remember how Black people constantly yank "Black cards" away from other Blacks because those Black people don't "toe the line" either. Like DIamond & Silk or Kanye West. My "blackness" has been questioned throughout my life because I spoke proper english, I don't always listen to R&B and hip hop, and apparently because I have too much money (seriously!). So did Joe say something dumb? Absolutely. But to chastise him for something Blacks do ALL THE DAMN TIME is really ridiculous.

The best tweet on Twitter today was this: "The fact that Charlamagne’s name is part of any political discussion rn shows how much of a joke the US political system has become"

by Anonymousreply 101May 22, 2020 6:12 PM

Thanks for stating the first part of this. He would have never said that. The problem is he's telling an entire race he/the dems are owed their votes and they are not black if they don't give them to him as if he has the authority to decide this.

Maybe I'm a different kind of black person because I'm glad he said this. This is how my Grandfather would have translated what Biden said. "Look at what this motherfucker has done to black people since taking office. Are you really going to take your black (or high yella depending on the grandchild) ass down to the voting both and vote for that orange motherfucker. He is not an option and if he is an option for you then you are no kin of mine... now get a switch so I can tan your stick legs for fixing your lips to say such nonsense"

by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2020 6:17 PM

Fake outrage! Everything that comes out of Trump’s mouth makes this comment look benign.

Typical deplorable division tactics! God I hope Covid wipes deplorables out!

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2020 6:18 PM

The plantation mentality is alive and well with r102

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2020 6:19 PM

I see the deplorables and fraus are active and commenting

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2020 6:20 PM

He wasn't wrong

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2020 6:21 PM

[quote] The plantation mentality is alive and well with [R102]

Fuck off Irina.

by Anonymousreply 107May 22, 2020 6:25 PM

I think he said if you vote for Trump, "You Ain't Right".

He's just a big Janet Jackson fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 22, 2020 6:26 PM

He's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 109May 22, 2020 6:29 PM

What he meant to say was If you vote for trump you are unamerican and too stupid to live!

by Anonymousreply 110May 22, 2020 6:30 PM

Why was there no outrage about Michelle Obama when she said that blacks are responsible for Trump being elected because they did not vote. She was right, but again the truth hurts.

by Anonymousreply 111May 22, 2020 6:32 PM

r104 no, that's Charlemagne. Larry needs to stop leaning over the porch with his ass in the air talking down to black people he thinks aren't 'aspirational' enough, then turning around being fake conscious while not actually saying anything of substance.

by Anonymousreply 112May 22, 2020 6:32 PM

Ok, I'll bite, R86. What if he had said:

'I know there are some Log Cabin voters who are more interested in their social/religious/social status, but if you are undecided about who is not going to put your ass in a concentration camp, then you ain't had somebody treat you like a second-class citizen because of whom you love'

How's that for a gay translation?

by Anonymousreply 113May 22, 2020 6:42 PM

He's granting an interview to an imbecile calling himself "Charlamagne The God," yet Vice President is the one being reprimanded?! Give me a fucking break.

"You can't possibly want me to Fear Trump MORE than I want something for my people," Mr. The God said in a post-interview statement.

Yes I can and do, you silly little nigglettte. You have one choice: certain annihilation or Joseph Biden. We fought too hard and paid much too dearly for your right to vote. Time for *you* and your generation to make a meaningful contribution beyond hiphop.

by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2020 6:52 PM

^^Vice President Biden

by Anonymousreply 115May 22, 2020 6:53 PM

R83, you realize it would take a long time to set up the apparatus for you to get your insurance, if Bernie got elected?

by Anonymousreply 116May 22, 2020 6:57 PM

Candace Owens and her ilk will have a field day with this.

by Anonymousreply 117May 22, 2020 6:58 PM

Fake outrage r113. Nobody cares

by Anonymousreply 118May 22, 2020 6:59 PM

[R86] You make a great point because that is definitely how it's becoming with a core of radical, hard-left gays - especially the ones in the media. DL is rife with such people. They've "empowered" themselves to determine who you are entirely based on whether your opinions pass their litmus test - which they will determine on their own, by themselves and with no transparency. TheY believe in their innate superiority and need to think that the only things holding them back in life are a group of groups of people who, once vanquished, will pave the way for THEIR era. Not yours, too. THEIRS.

by Anonymousreply 119May 22, 2020 7:00 PM

What he should have said was...

[quote] If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you're too stupid to deserve the right to vote".

by Anonymousreply 120May 22, 2020 7:02 PM

R119 is a deplorable. She has a tell, but is too stupid to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 121May 22, 2020 7:03 PM

Like it or not, as their apparent leader, Joe Biden symbolizes the Democratic Party at this moment in time.

by Anonymousreply 122May 22, 2020 7:04 PM

88k black people in Michigan voted in 2012 but stayed home in 2016. Guess they just aren’t black enough.

This is one of those things that “if trump said it” or “if Bernie said it” applies. Liberals would be losing their mind.

by Anonymousreply 123May 22, 2020 7:05 PM

Trump says worse daily, you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 124May 22, 2020 7:06 PM

Concern trolls really having a party on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 125May 22, 2020 7:07 PM

Isn’t it time to focus on real stuff, not rubbish about a joke. Anyway, I get what he actually was saying about how Trump has been assaulting social welfare, civil rights, health care, equal opportunity and so forth, and so you’d be mad to vote for him if you’re black.

by Anonymousreply 126May 22, 2020 7:08 PM

R123, a couple of things:

1) Neither Bernie or the other one would do an interview with black media

2) Black people, for the most part, understand that Biden was speaking in a common vernacular and are nonplussed because of his history with the culture. Neither of the other two have that affiliation.

3) Part of the "gaff" is that Joe said it out loud in jest, not that it's wrong. Far right and far left don't jest...that's kinda why we don't like them.

4) Most of the outrage is from the right trying to cover for themselves. If either of the other two had said it, the left would not so much be outraged as just adding it to the list of missteps from the extremes.

5) As has been said over and over, the people who stayed home in 2016 were not enthused about Hillary, black, white and everything in-between

by Anonymousreply 127May 22, 2020 7:21 PM

In poor taste, but if you listen to the show, the context was he and the interviewer bantering back and forth in a joking manner. What get's me is, everyone ignores the blatant horrible twisted verbal diarrhea that comes from the bloated morally bankrupt criminal narcissist that is incapable of even basic human kindness, the constant school yard insults, racial slurs, said with callous hate daily - joking about a woman's tragic death with no regard for her memory or her grieving family - and what to dems do? sit around and talk about a few misplaced words by a hard working genuine public servant who just may not have a great edit function from time to time -

by Anonymousreply 128May 22, 2020 7:27 PM

R127 Bernie has been on the breakfast club a couple of times....

by Anonymousreply 129May 22, 2020 7:35 PM

Cognitive decline? This gaffe tops them all.

by Anonymousreply 130May 22, 2020 7:40 PM

Is Roxane Gay exhausted by this?

by Anonymousreply 131May 22, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote] Black voters forced him on us, so they forfeit the righty one offended by anything he says.

Black voters chose Biden because they don’t believe that the white supremacist America that elected Trump will elect a woman nor a racial minority. Of course they are correct.

by Anonymousreply 132May 22, 2020 7:55 PM

Charlottesville?

by Anonymousreply 133May 22, 2020 7:56 PM

R130, Bernie will never be the nominee, so quit trying to make that happen. Never, ever, ever.

by Anonymousreply 134May 22, 2020 8:13 PM

F&F r130

by Anonymousreply 135May 22, 2020 8:17 PM

I’ll take Biden over the White supremacist in chief.

by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2020 8:21 PM

What an ass.

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2020 8:30 PM

This is what the powers that be in the Democratic Party get for screwing over the most promising younger candidates for Joe Biden. Just because he was Obama's VP, doesn't automatically qualify him as best man for the job.

And now what? We are essentially left without a Presidential candidates who is mentally and physically fit to navigate the difficult road ahead. Please don't tell me that we're stuck with Joe.

by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2020 8:42 PM

He’s the uncle at thanksgiving who makes cringey remarks to be cool, but there is no malice in the words or intent.

Then there’s his brother, Uncle Tubby, who makes crude racist, sexist, homophobic, antisemitic remarks through the whole day & evening, who feels no shame about it and who hopes his “zingers” annoy all the SJW snowflake vegetarian lesbian & queer boy obama-lovers. Murka.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2020 8:45 PM

So wouldn't Biden's gaffe make him that much more likely to choose a black female running mate? Kamala or Val Demings from Florida, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2020 8:48 PM

Exactly R140 The one bright spot in this is that he now might have to seriously consider a black VP to do damage control:

There's plenty of good options. All of whom are better than Klobuchar.

1.) Kamala Harris

2.) Val Dennings

3.) Sheila Jackson Lee

4.) Nina Turner

5.) Michelle Obama

6.) Stacy Abrams

7.) Oprah Winfrey

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2020 8:52 PM

Black Twittter is not having this.

Tearing him UP!

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2020 9:02 PM

I’m surprised Biden didn’t give a sassy neck roll with an air snap.

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2020 9:09 PM

R142, you say that like it’s one entity. I’m fact the people tearing him up the most are Russian and Bernie bots.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2020 9:12 PM

R144 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2020 9:17 PM

I love how one off-the-cuff remark -- for which he has already apologized -- disqualifies him. But Trump can throw babies in cages and it's no big deal.

It's almost as if the people shouting about this are completely and utterly full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2020 9:21 PM

If it was a joke in context, then Biden needs to say it. Back peddling only serves the right wing bloggers well. They will point out his weakness. Trump NEVER apologizes for much worse comments about blacks and he was elected President. All this discussion is being led by Russian and Chinese bots.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2020 9:21 PM

Biden's handlers have made him try to walk this back.

Biden that, 'No one should have to vote for any party based on their race, their religion, their background,' on a conference call with the U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce Friday afternoon.

Among those who criticized Biden for what he said was Diddy, also known as Puff Daddy, tweeting, 'Aye bruh @JoeBiden I already told you the #BlackVoteAintFree.'

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote] This is what the powers that be in the Democratic Party get for screwing over the most promising younger candidates for Joe Biden.

Dumbass, this is what Democrats voted for! Biden won because he won all those states fair and square. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2020 9:23 PM

R144 is correct. Twitter is not real life. There are millions of people on Twitter, but tens of millions of people not on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote]He's going to lose this election by himself. There's no help for him. The best we can do is show up at the polls and put a checkmark by his name. But he's not helping..

Well we could have had someone young, intelligent, and coherent like Pete, but you all wanted this, so deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2020 9:25 PM

"Among those who criticized Biden for what he said was Diddy, also known as Puff Daddy, tweeting, 'Aye bruh @JoeBiden I already told you the #BlackVoteAintFree.'"

As if this pathetic closet case is the voice of black America.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2020 9:26 PM

Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2020 9:26 PM

Remember P Diddy's attempt to make "Vote or Die" a thing? Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2020 9:27 PM

Sean Combs, who has probably exploited more Black people than we could ever count. What a world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2020 9:29 PM

Biden didn't win anything fair and square.

There candidates were forced out in order to hand it over to the former VP.

He's 77 years old, and every time he opens his mouth he "slips up/makes a joke." And someone is always standing by to witness his error. And that is not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2020 9:30 PM

[quote] There candidates were forced out in order to hand it over to the former VP.

Don't you have a 9/11 Truthers conspiracy theory party to go to?

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2020 9:31 PM

Ummm, more Democrats voted for him, r156? Check your memory, because it’s run off.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2020 9:32 PM

R 156, maybe you can promote some Obamagate BS too.

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2020 9:33 PM

I'm surprised Joe went on The Breakfast Club. Charlemagne said months ago that someone (probably Samone Sanders) from the Biden campaign told him that Joe would never appear on The Breakfast Club radio show.

So this was definitely a surprise to see him go on and talk to Charlemagne today. I guess he's trying to reach out to young black and latino voters. That's The Breakfast Clubs listening demographic.

I demographic I've been apart of for the last decade. Huge mainstream urban audience with a huge platform. I hope this didn't turn people off. Trump has to go.

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2020 9:34 PM

Notice how people like r156 have extraordinarily bad grammar? They don’t care about grammar in Russia. Or Deplorableville. (Yes, it’s a real place. Check the 2016 electoral map.)

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2020 9:34 PM

The deplorables are out in full force today r161! I’ve never typed deplorable more than I have today!

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2020 9:35 PM

Way too busy shouting Russians, Trolls, and Deplorables to see the truth in front of you.

This thread title says it all.

by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2020 9:40 PM

Wanda sums this up nicely and sanely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2020 9:41 PM

The voters spoke: Biden was their choice. Sanders is *never* going to be the nominee. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2020 9:46 PM

R163 A pussy grabbing, white supremacist praising, concentration camp building Trump will lose this contest every time!

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2020 9:47 PM

Whatever. He needs to nominate Warren or a black woman as VP. That's it at this point. All the rest is just petty whining and noise. You make a mistake, you rectify it.

And really, none of this would be happening if you had elected Hillary as President. If you did your job in the first place none of this fuckery would be going on now. But you wanted to play games because you felt inferior to a smart, strong, attractive woman.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2020 9:54 PM

He's a clueless, senile idiot whose son somehow got a seat on the board of a corporation in the Ukraine......but he's still a better candidate than the fool we have in the White House now.

It's Joe's election to lose - and he's trying. I still think a lot of people voted for the fat orange fuck just because they hated Hillary so much....they didn't think he'd win either.

There's pity and consternation about Joe.....but not the rabid hatred that Hillary brought with her.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote]There candidates were forced out in order to hand it over to the former VP.

OH PUHLEEZE!

Bloomberg, Steyer & Hickenloopoer realized that money can't buy you an election.

Yang (my candidate!) realized it was going to be too difficult for him to get over the 15% threshold in any state. And he's a successful Asian, so he doesn't buy into the Far Left POC oppression narrative.

Harris' past as a Prosecutor was catching up to her.

Mayor Pete isn't woke or gay enough. And he's too similar to Biden.

Booker doesn't have the national support & he's got Big Pharma in his pocket.

Gabbard is a Russia bot, according to Lefty Twitter.

Beto O'Rourke finally stopped making running for elected office his new profession.

Still trying to figure out why Deval Patrick even tried.

Gillibrand never had a chance after her MeToo debacle over Franken.

deBlasio is just fucking deBlasio.

Klobuchar realized she wasn't going to make it over the 15% threshold either and she was too similar to Biden.

Warren had a chance but her Republican past caught up with her.

That left Sanders. He has the support of young people & his grassroots game was amazing. His wins out West & his support with Hispanic voters was admirable. But you can't win the election when your support is no more than 30% of the vote. And Sanders would've run away with the candidacy if he only kept the same number of voters that he did from 2016. He didn't and that was a problem in itself. Also Klobuchar, Buttigieg & Biden were the same candidate. Once they merged into one, that was about 40% of the vote right there.

Sorry folks, but there's no conspiracy or back room dealing here... at least not in this campaign year. This isn't 2016 anymore. Voters are making these choices, plain & simple. The Sanders supporters are going to have to understand this.

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]Sorry folks, but there's no conspiracy or back room dealing here... at least not in this campaign year. This isn't 2016 anymore.

There were no backroom deals then either.

Hilary won fair and square.

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2020 10:18 PM

While Yang certainly was congenial, he wasn't, isn't, and will never be going anywhere

by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2020 10:28 PM

At least Mayor Pete wasn't befuddled.

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2020 10:31 PM

Biden about to issue his apology on ABC News Tonight.

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2020 10:33 PM

Can’t wait for the debates! they can’t keep him locked down in the basement forever. This will be fun shit show to watch

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2020 10:33 PM

R174 So you think Trump knows how to debate? Biden could stand on stage and belch and win a debate against trump

by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2020 10:35 PM

This was never trending on twitter.

Black twitter was laughing about it.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2020 10:35 PM

R175 Biden is not going to do well in the debates.. to many gaffes.. he gets confused etc. he thought he was running for senate last month. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2020 10:38 PM

R175 trump had some great one liners with his Hillary debates.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2020 10:39 PM

Blacks who make money have gotten soooo offended by this.

How dare you imply we’re Po!

Biden’s right regardless.

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2020 10:39 PM

Why would a black persons vote for a white supremacist?

by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2020 10:40 PM

Lots of cookie clearing going on here.

by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2020 10:41 PM

A lot of black voters who are eligible to vote don't show up to the polls regardless of who's running, so what does that make them?

by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2020 10:42 PM

I saw a couple of black people I work with post what Biden said. They were all pissed off and so was everyone who commented on their FB post.

They don't know the context of the interview or what was said, but all they know is what Joe said. And they're done with him. I bet none of them will vote for anyone.

There's 5 more months of Joe fucking up until the election

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2020 10:47 PM

Biden's apology ...... "Perhaps I was a little too cavalier."

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2020 10:48 PM

$$$ R180

by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2020 10:51 PM

I haven’t seen that r183.

Regardless he should have NEVER said that. Just awful. Doesn’t he know better. It’s one thing if Obama said it but Biden can’t go there. He’s an old rich white guy. You can’t compare him to Obama.

Him also calling the guy “man” ands using the word “ain’t” was fucking ridiculous. His handlers should be ashamed

by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2020 10:52 PM

R176 #youaintblack is #2 trend on Twitter with 290,000 tweets. Biden also trending.

Try again, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2020 10:54 PM

r169s summary of the other dem candidates perfectly illustrates why Biden's South Carolina win wasn't terribly impressive. He simply was the last one standing out of a very weak field.

by Anonymousreply 188May 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Sum ting wong with old man.

Lights on but nobody home.

by Anonymousreply 189May 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Joe's an idiot and always has been. He's said atrocious things like this in his other presidential runs. I wish we had a better candidate, but I will still vote for him. I want Trump out.

by Anonymousreply 190May 22, 2020 10:59 PM

I've noticed an increasing attitude among young black voters that the Democrats don't really *do* anything to win over the black vote. At most they kind of/sort of/not really hold back some of the worst Republican attacks on the black community, but that's cold comfort when there was a massive deflation of black wealth (as meager as it was before 2008) under Obama. Obama did NOTHING to prevent black people from being eviscerated by the foreclosure crisis.

I think they have a point about how useless the Democrats are in that respect and that the reason behind the Dems' uselessness is that they take the black vote for granted.

So, in short, regardless if Biden thought he was being funny, this was not the right time or place for it. I also doubt he would have said it if his brain weren't melting.

by Anonymousreply 191May 22, 2020 11:02 PM

[italic] Wait a minute .......... Whatta ya mean, man ?

by Anonymousreply 192May 22, 2020 11:03 PM

There is not a single human on this planet worse than Trump!

by Anonymousreply 193May 22, 2020 11:08 PM

What moron thought it was a good idea to let Grandpa Joe do this show? Whoever it was needs to be fired. His handlers need to keep him muzzled and on a tight leash from now until election day.

by Anonymousreply 194May 22, 2020 11:18 PM

How about a face mask with a built in muzzle ?

Nobody has to know.

by Anonymousreply 195May 22, 2020 11:21 PM

So Barack Obama, our first black president, chose a racist idiot to be his VP for eight years. Barack and Michelle Obama are campaigning for a racist. Uh-huh.

Bernie fans: he will never be the nominee - if it isn't Biden it will be Cuomo or Newsom. Sanders isn't a Democrat and the party has told him "NO" twice now.

by Anonymousreply 196May 22, 2020 11:21 PM

Joe's lost it since he was Obama's VP.

by Anonymousreply 197May 22, 2020 11:24 PM

F&F R169

by Anonymousreply 198May 22, 2020 11:24 PM

F&F R169

by Anonymousreply 199May 22, 2020 11:24 PM

I'm not black, either. I'm a perfectly normal Caucasian woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 22, 2020 11:31 PM

He is SO fucking old. What does this ancient old man, who has lived in a bubble of privilege longer than most people have been alive, know about the modern world and modern society?

by Anonymousreply 201May 22, 2020 11:46 PM

Joe Biden - 77 Donald Trump - 73 Bernie Sanders - 78 Elizabeth Warren - 70 Michael Bloomberg - 78

They're all too fucking old.

by Anonymousreply 202May 22, 2020 11:49 PM

He’s the same age as the deplorable in the White House r201

by Anonymousreply 203May 22, 2020 11:49 PM

"The president has called three prominent black journalists dumb in the last month alone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 22, 2020 11:51 PM

Biden is 77 years old.

Date of Birth : November 20, 1942

by Anonymousreply 205May 22, 2020 11:54 PM

R204 he called them dumb because he felt they were dumb. He didn’t call them dumb because they were black. You can’t compare the two.

Biden’s comments today were about race. He made it about race.

This is the first of many dumb remarks to come.

If he keeps doing dumb shit like this he won’t win in November. It’s his election to lose, and he might just lose at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 206May 22, 2020 11:57 PM

R199, surely you meant R168.

by Anonymousreply 207May 22, 2020 11:57 PM

Yes, we need younger candidates next time. People who are technology natives, who have lived and worked in the "real world" in the 21st century, who understand tech and just the modern world in general, and modern society. People in their 60s/70s are just too fucking old to get it. God, just look at DL for a good example of that.

by Anonymousreply 208May 22, 2020 11:58 PM

Charlamagne just shredded Biden on Erin Burnette’s show (CNN.) “Deciding what makes black people black enough is not a decision for an old white man to make” and more. He’s not mollified by Biden’s attempt to walk it back either.

by Anonymousreply 209May 22, 2020 11:59 PM

R198 meant r199.

R199 meant r198.

by Anonymousreply 210May 23, 2020 12:00 AM

R9 - Dosvedanya, tovarischl!

by Anonymousreply 211May 23, 2020 12:03 AM

He is right Lol!

by Anonymousreply 212May 23, 2020 12:07 AM

Anyone who is from Delaware during the Biden years will tell you that he is renowned for putting his foot in his mouth.

It's his worst failing and he seems peculiarly unable to cure himself of the habit. He's thoroughly mediocre and he got this far by riding others' coattails. Now, he has to present sans coattail.

It will be another President who needs a minder once in office.

He will get in solely by being Not Trump, just the way Macron got in in France by being Not Marine Le Pen.

by Anonymousreply 213May 23, 2020 12:08 AM

Joe's Mouth & Amy's Stapler

by Anonymousreply 214May 23, 2020 12:19 AM

Trumps Zippers and Ivanka’s lips r214

by Anonymousreply 215May 23, 2020 12:22 AM

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 216May 23, 2020 12:23 AM

This is such a minor blip on all the bullshit that Trump gives us daily which folks have grown, unfortunately, accustomed to. Biden's interviewer didn't jump all over him, as it was part of a jaunty conversation. Trump offends numerous times daily, but Repubs won't cop to it.

by Anonymousreply 217May 23, 2020 12:27 AM

R209 Charlamagne ain't the real deity, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 218May 23, 2020 12:28 AM

I foresee the next GOP ad in the black battleground cities of Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Detroit constantly replaying that Biden gaffe. I unfortunately think this is his equivalent to Hillary's "basket of deplorables" comment. People who do not watch the news don't care about context and take the quick bite as presented.

With a field of over 20 candidates , how uninspiring were the rest for us to end up in this position?

by Anonymousreply 219May 23, 2020 12:29 AM

I foresee Trump saying something incredibly racist in the next 48 while trying to attack Biden and this whole thing blowing over.

by Anonymousreply 220May 23, 2020 12:32 AM

The other candidates weren't given much of a chance, because a sizeable number were convinced before he even entered the race that Biden was the only one who could beat Trump. And there was no changing their minds.

Biden hasn't had an Obama or Bill Clinton moment yet, where people truly start to connect to him. A majority of his goodwill is simply based upon how people felt about Obama and simply wanting to get the current occupant out of office. Biden is practically an afterthought in his own campaign.

We're in uncharted territory. There's never been an election in recent memory where the candidate has already stated from the outset that they probably wouldn't be running a second. term if they get in. And yet people are still going around saying that it doesn't matter who his VP pick is. It's ridiculous, because this person is going to have to take over the mantle of the Presidency without a doubt at some point. You kind of want someone in there that will connect with the public and help the democrats win another term.

That's why it has to come down to a solid VP that the people want and a rock solid cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 221May 23, 2020 12:44 AM

On the other hand, the incumbent president is so obviously a ridiculous, incompetent, moronic, corrupt baffoon that a plucky challenger might just have a shot. Also too, there's a pandemic and a crashing economy.

by Anonymousreply 222May 23, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]And yet people are still going around saying that it doesn't matter who his VP pick is.

When the candidate is almost EIGHTY fucking years old, the VP candidate is of paramount importance because the VP could become the president in less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 223May 23, 2020 12:54 AM

All that is true about Trump. But we need to know what Biden's signature issue is. Other than getting rid of Trump what's his manifesto?. To put it this way, in the first 100 days what would you like to see him accomplish?

by Anonymousreply 224May 23, 2020 12:55 AM

Biden says "I don't have to earn your vote, it should've be given to me."

That is what it comes down to.

by Anonymousreply 225May 23, 2020 12:58 AM

Do tell, r222, who is this "Plucky Challenger" that you speak of?

by Anonymousreply 226May 23, 2020 1:00 AM

R222 Like I said, people want Biden because they've been told he's the only one who can get Trump out of office. It's a necessary means to an end. To right a wrong.

R224. That's the problem. There's too much focus on how bad 45 is, and almost nothing on what Biden's bringing to the table. Look at the posts in this thread alone. People should be boasting about what Biden's proposals, about his stellar track record. Instead, it's all "Well Trump...." They're not even realizing what a low bar they're setting for this man.

by Anonymousreply 227May 23, 2020 1:02 AM

I just want to have sex with Charlamagne

by Anonymousreply 228May 23, 2020 1:08 AM

at this point, r227, yes, Biden is the only one who can get Trump out of office. Is this a question? Is Bernie going to reverse the timeline and win more primaries?

And when a president is running for re-election, they do tend to be the issue, especially when they are a monumental fuckup who makes everything worse and there is a freaking crisis. Yes, we know, Joe was a lot of people's second or third choice, including mine. So what? Here we are. Not because nobody else stood a chance, there were about a million candidates and a thousand debates and all stood a chance, and all fell short one way or another. Primary over, sorry, that part is done. No, sorry, nobody gets a do-over. Now it's Joe.

And yes, a big thing going into this election is that Trump is a loud mouthed fuckwit who cannot govern for shit and proves that every single day of his presidency.

And no, Joe will not be leading a revolution, but the party itself has moved left and I believe he will be somewhat left of Obama in his policies. Not sure, but at this point that is the best anyone can hope for. Maybe there'll be a an actual revolutionary nominee in 2024, but not in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 229May 23, 2020 1:11 AM

R228 if you ever listen to the breakfast club you'd notice that a lot of gay callers make the same proposition to him

by Anonymousreply 230May 23, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote] And Sanders would've run away with the candidacy if he only kept the same number of voters that he did from 2016. He didn't

Because he wasn’t running against a female candidate. A good chunk of his votes came from bro’s who would not vote for a woman whose voice reminded them of mommy.

by Anonymousreply 231May 23, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote] Biden says "I don't have to earn your vote, it should've be given to me.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 232May 23, 2020 1:15 AM

r232 it was obviously a typo. Everybody with a functioning brain can see "been" instead of "be." God, the grammar trolls are so fucking tedious.

by Anonymousreply 233May 23, 2020 1:20 AM

I love r232

by Anonymousreply 234May 23, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote]And yes, a big thing going into this election is that Trump is a loud mouthed fuckwit who cannot govern for shit and proves that every single day of his presidency.

Democrats know he's incompetent, and have known that for the last three years. Move on already. It's not breaking news anymore. Most of us already knew this before he took office.

What we need to concentrate on is how we're going to get out of this pandemic, this economic downturn. What are we going to do about jobs, about health insurance?

[quote]I believe he will be somewhat left of Obama in his policies

Well, he needs to get out there and outline what they will be. And his hardcore supporters need to do a better job of promoting him. Because the last candidate who ran mostly on being better than the current occupant was John Kerry. And we saw how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 235May 23, 2020 1:26 AM

"You fucked it up 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 Joe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 23, 2020 1:35 AM

Trump knows he can not get black voters to vote for him. But one thing he'll try is to try to get them to hate his rival enough so that they don't vote. Biden needs good turnup to win.

by Anonymousreply 237May 23, 2020 1:36 AM

The more Biden gets out there when he's on his own the more he will come across as a fumbling old man not quite sure of what he's saying and doddering about. Despite being the worst most hateful president in history(and I would have given that to Nixon!) I think Trump might really have a chance. Things are not going to get better for Biden simply because there is nothing he can do about aging. The pressures of the campaign will hasten it. And when Trump turns it into the most nasty ugly onslaught in campaign history wizened Joe might be blown away like a feather.

His hard core supporters and handlers must be shitting bricks.

by Anonymousreply 238May 23, 2020 1:48 AM

R217 No, this was not a “jaunty conversation” and Biden’s interviewer (Charlamagne) was NOT amused. See R209.

by Anonymousreply 239May 23, 2020 1:53 AM

R209 - It would've mattered if anyone watches Erin Burnett's show. I haven't watched CNN in years and I know I'm not alone.

by Anonymousreply 240May 23, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote]There's plenty of good options. All of whom are better than Klobuchar.

. . .

[quote]3.) Sheila Jackson Lee

Bwahaha! Hahahahaha! Oh, my sides. SJL has held the title of worst boss in Congress for decades. DECADES. And, at this point, she is just hanging on to the seat until her daughter is ready to run for it.

by Anonymousreply 241May 23, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote] What we need to concentrate on is how we're going to get out of this pandemic

Why?

Trump has no plan.

Why should we?

by Anonymousreply 242May 23, 2020 2:11 AM

R240 Sorry but Erin Burnett beats Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes and Lawrence O’Donnell in the ratings.

[quote]The winner at MSNBC was Rachel Maddow at 9 p.m., who reeled in 3,031,000 total viewers and 489,000 in the demo, followed by 10 p.m.’s The Last Word with Lawrence (2,449,000 viewers, 406,000 in demo), and 8 p.m.’s All In with Chris Hayes (1,877,000 viewers, 298,000 in demo).

[quote]CNN, however, beat MSNBC in the demo for much of Monday. CNN’s highest earning show for total viewership was 7 p.m.’s Erin Burnett OutFront (1,799,000 viewers, 504,000 in demo)

Nice try though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 23, 2020 2:18 AM

Obama's going to have to come out and defend him, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 244May 23, 2020 2:23 AM

R243, that was from 2 months ago and it was for Monday night programs. Today is Friday.

by Anonymousreply 245May 23, 2020 2:36 AM

[quote] Charlamagne just shredded Biden on Erin Burnette’s show (CNN.)

Charlemagne is a moron. He was the one laughing ALONG with Biden. He could have put Biden on the spot right then and there but no. And why the fuck is he commenting about politics again?

by Anonymousreply 246May 23, 2020 3:00 AM

Published in The Guardian:

An offensive comment by the Democratic presidential candidate is a reminder that black people – all people – deserve better than Joe Biden

I'm very tired of Joe Biden. My vote for him was already hanging by a thread before his disastrous interview with Charlamagne tha God on Friday. Interrupting the Breakfast Club host’s explanation that black people needed assurances that our communities will benefit from his presidency, Biden asserted: “If you’ve got a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Again, I am very tired of Joe Biden. Not because I am a purist, or have inflexible ideological commitments of what it will take to remove Donald Trump from office. But rather because Biden’s condescension towards black communities is intolerable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 23, 2020 3:05 AM

People do not care about this right now. Millions are jobless!

by Anonymousreply 248May 23, 2020 3:09 AM

Let's all remember that people on social media are not a realistic representation of what the general public actually thinks.

by Anonymousreply 249May 23, 2020 3:09 AM

And yet President Plump, and girth certificate traded on twitter for far longer!

by Anonymousreply 250May 23, 2020 3:20 AM

And what's published in the Guardian is NOT what most Americans think. Hell, even the author of the op-ed never wanted to vote for Biden in the first place. So she was never going to.

R248 is right. There are too many bigger issues right now. We're in the midst of a pandemic & our economy is complete shit.

by Anonymousreply 251May 23, 2020 3:51 AM

BTW, Ms. Purnell made good points against Biden in her op-ed, but she commits the fatal flaw that most of these op-eds and social media blowhards commit: they never propose any solutions. So she thinks we shouldn't vote for Biden. Ok, now what?

by Anonymousreply 252May 23, 2020 3:56 AM

The most exhausting thing about this entire so-called "gaffe" is white concern trolls commenting on it, the Bernie freaks exposing themselves as mentally challenged yet again, and republicans trying to turn it into something that it is not. There isn't a grease fire hot enough for the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 253May 23, 2020 4:05 AM

Even the NAACP issued a statement.

Biden had claimed in the interview with Charlamagne that the NAACP had endorsed him.

They did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 23, 2020 4:05 AM

Just to be clear, the national organization does not endorse any political candidates. However, local chapters can. So if Joe did get the endorsement of a certain NAACP chapter, he has to make that clear.

by Anonymousreply 255May 23, 2020 4:08 AM

He's kind of a dope but he's all we've got so.......Jill will do all his paperwork and stuff I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 256May 23, 2020 4:08 AM

Ok everyone is pissed off..then what?? If you don't vote and Trump wins the same people will be enraged. Classic case of cut off your nose to spite your face

by Anonymousreply 257May 23, 2020 4:11 AM

Biden fucked up bigly.

by Anonymousreply 258May 23, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote] Biden fucked up bigly.

NY Post agrees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 23, 2020 6:46 AM

Everyone on here howling about Trump and accusing everyone who has any divergent opinion of being a Russian Bot, Bernie supporter, etc. is missing the point. Moral hazard is how the man got in the White House in the first place. Disgruntled Bernie-ites weren't the issue: it was elitist liberals who couldn't be bothered to understand how the other half lives, & thus the high likelihood they needed to get out & vote. [The 1% media wouldn't deign to set their Manolos on heartland soil, either. Frankly, I think they wanted him in to save their industry (which it did).]

If Biden keeps this up, he will become unpalatable to specific groups who won't turn out to vote in numbers they otherwise would if he was unexceptional, but able to keep his foot out of his mouth. They won't vote for Trump, they'll just stay home.

That means whoever has the most fanatical base has a better chance of winning. Considering the pandemic hasn't hit rural mid-country areas as hard, Trump's horrific response won't carry as much weight, & that could bode ill.

by Anonymousreply 260May 23, 2020 6:58 AM

We note your concern R260. Anything else of zero importance that you'd like to add?

by Anonymousreply 261May 23, 2020 7:03 AM

[quote]Why doesn't he address the 53% of white women who voted for Trump in a similar manner? Or the white men who overwhelmingly voted for Trump?

Because that's not what CTG asked him about, as you well know.

by Anonymousreply 262May 23, 2020 7:40 AM

No, the problem in 2016 was not the "liberal elite."

The upper level of income voted almost 50/50 Trump/Clinton, with only a slight favoring of Trump. The big difference was with middle income Americans, $50K to $100K annual income, who voted significantly for Trump over Clinton.

Several exit polls have shown that it was voters in states like Michigan and Pennsylvania who sat out or voted third party who swung the election, and they weren't the "elitist liberals."

I agree with what you say about the media wanting Trump to win, but I would argue many of those in the media aren't really liberal even if they portray themselves as such.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 23, 2020 7:48 AM

R260 the problem is it's only May. The more Biden speaks the more cringeworthy he becomes.

by Anonymousreply 264May 23, 2020 11:46 AM

R259, well of course the right-wing Murdoch Post agrees.

by Anonymousreply 265May 23, 2020 11:49 AM

Trump is inarticulate and stupid, but the country has baked that into its evaluation of him. Moreover, his rabid bass will turn out to vote for him no matter what. Democrats, liberals, and liberal leaning Independents are much more influenced by negative Biden coverage and are prone to stay home more Than Republicans if their candidate messes up.

by Anonymousreply 266May 23, 2020 12:07 PM

Biden can't even make it through a simple interview or campaign stop without screwing up. Can't even imagine him in a meeting with world leaders, trying to solve a global pandemic.

[italic] Just give 'em the drugs, man. Give 'em the damn drugs. Don't you wanna cure this thing, man? Now sit back down and shut the hell up!

by Anonymousreply 267May 23, 2020 3:16 PM

R267 Am I high or did you just directly quote your nazi leader trump?

by Anonymousreply 268May 23, 2020 3:18 PM

R265: Why do people link to it like it's some slam dunk? It's a horrible, bigoted newspaper that no one reads.

by Anonymousreply 269May 23, 2020 3:27 PM

Biden has a history of occasionally saying stupid and racial insensitive things, Trump does it multiple times a day and never apologizes for it.

by Anonymousreply 270May 23, 2020 3:55 PM

But the thing is, Biden didn't say anything racially insensitive. He was guilty of making a blanket statement that got blown out of proportion. To the smattering of black people who actually were offended by this (and I'm not convinced there were that many), as a black person I ask... where in the fuck are you gonna go? You have a better shot of moving forward with Biden behind the wheel than you do with the orange guy.

There is nothing wrong with asking Biden to work for the vote. But let's not go down this path of calling Joe Biden, of all people, racist. In these last three years, we've seen what racism and intolerance is. Don't paint Joe Biden with that brush. Joe Biden's only real crime is that he's not an eloquent speaker.

by Anonymousreply 271May 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Biden has been an ally of Black Americans for decades. The Black Congressional Caucus has his back. Older Black Americans know this, I think it's the younger Black Americans who tend to be bigger Bernie supporters. If we want to talk racially insensitive things, I'm sure Bernie has said his fair share of comments that people would roll their eyes at today.

by Anonymousreply 272May 23, 2020 4:15 PM

Maybe Biden should skip Breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 273May 23, 2020 4:31 PM

But Bernie's not running for President.

Joe Biden is.

by Anonymousreply 274May 23, 2020 5:02 PM

R259 - No one reads the Post anymore, particularly on Saturdays. So this will go away just as fast as it came. Like all other outrages these days.

by Anonymousreply 275May 23, 2020 5:07 PM

Biden wrote the crime bill, was buddies with segregationists and klansmen, and he defamed and bullied Anita Hill, a black woman, He is no friend to black people. Don’t believe the hype.

by Anonymousreply 276May 23, 2020 5:13 PM

Wasn't it Hillary who wrote the crime bill?

by Anonymousreply 277May 23, 2020 5:15 PM

Wasn't it Hillary who wrote the crime bill?

by Anonymousreply 278May 23, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote] Biden wrote the crime bill, was buddies with segregationists and klansmen, and he defamed and bullied Anita Hill, a black woman

Perfection politics. I'll give you Anita Hill--he made a huge mistake. The crime bill was seen as very necessary, including to many black people in Washington. The Black caucus supported the bill. It's true part of the bills look bad today but that is TODAY. It wasn't really seen that way at the time. The spin about the crime bill is like the spin about how Clinton is homophobic for passing Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Context is being completely ignored. Regarding him being friends with segregationists, why do you think Biden is so well-liked and is able to actually pass bills in congress? Sorry, as deplorable as the racists/segregationists are, you sometimes HAVE to work with deplorable people to get shit passed. That's how it is. To be successful in congress, you need to build relationships.

by Anonymousreply 279May 23, 2020 5:18 PM

💣 Biden has a short fuse.

by Anonymousreply 280May 23, 2020 5:51 PM

If you have a career in public office for any length of time, sometimes the choices you made ‘back then’ and often what was considered liberal at the time, doesn’t always hold up under current scrutiny.

That’s one of the reasons why Kamala bringing up busing was so silly. My parents were like, even black people hated busing. What is she going on about?

by Anonymousreply 281May 23, 2020 6:22 PM

R281, exactly. The hardcore SJW/far-left fringe acts like everything is in the context of today held true 20 or 30 years ago. It's just not true.

by Anonymousreply 282May 23, 2020 6:36 PM

How long until Old Joe says "Oriental?"

by Anonymousreply 283May 23, 2020 7:02 PM

Why is Biden always saying “man”?

It sounds ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 284May 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Senile Joe will probably refer to "Orientals" as Chinks and Japs.

by Anonymousreply 285May 23, 2020 7:18 PM

🕺 [italic] Because I'm Cool, Man !

by Anonymousreply 286May 23, 2020 7:21 PM

Biden thinks he's still a hip teenager in the 1950's.

by Anonymousreply 287May 23, 2020 7:25 PM

Corn Pop was a bad dude, man.

by Anonymousreply 288May 23, 2020 7:30 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 289May 23, 2020 7:43 PM

That was like, before my time, man.

But I knew his kids, cool dudes Pop Doody & Howdy Doody.

by Anonymousreply 290May 23, 2020 7:44 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 291May 23, 2020 7:48 PM

👯 We want the bump

Gotta have the bump .......

by Anonymousreply 292May 23, 2020 7:56 PM

😽 Cool Cat

by Anonymousreply 293May 23, 2020 7:58 PM

I'm not looking so bad now, am I, bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 294May 23, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote] Woke white people may find that offensive, but I guarantee no black people do.

Yes they do. They’re going nuts over it.

by Anonymousreply 295May 23, 2020 8:19 PM

They now have a million memes on this including Biden being a rapist and a racist. This is Hillary all over again. They are literally looking for anything to hate someone.

by Anonymousreply 296May 23, 2020 8:21 PM

Democrats falling apart and going into despair over nothing? Wow, how usual.

by Anonymousreply 297May 23, 2020 8:31 PM

Honest question.

Do you think Jill Biden KNOWS her husband is suffering from dementia? If so, how does she let this farce keep going on?

by Anonymousreply 298May 23, 2020 8:41 PM

I don’t know if Joe has dementia or not. He had brain surgery years ago. That being said, some families don’t want to deal with reality. This is the same family whose crackhead son is fucking his dead brother’s wife. You would have to be a person who can put up with a lot to overlook that. Biden would have been great in 2016. Telling people he’d only serve one term if elected and announcing a female VP pick before even vetting anyone is what we’ll all be talking about if he doesn’t win in November. The writing was on the wall early on.

by Anonymousreply 299May 23, 2020 8:45 PM

R294: You suck you little drawf!

R298: STFU you Trot Twat. Sick to death of you people.

by Anonymousreply 300May 23, 2020 9:03 PM

You can tell everybody grasps how bad this is for Biden by the hysteria of those trying to sweep it under the carpet. See r300 amongst others.

by Anonymousreply 301May 23, 2020 9:39 PM

Yes, Jill knows.

In this case, the wife is always the first to know.

by Anonymousreply 302May 23, 2020 9:48 PM

Jill knew when he started calling her Mommy, and, in place of his usual evening martini, demanded hot chocolate with whipped ceam and two Lorna Dunes on the side. And a large bag of Pop Rocks and two cans of Coca Cola at bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 303May 23, 2020 9:54 PM

[r35], The late Walter Scheib who was White House from 1994 to 2005 wrote in his memoirs which came out in 2006 that Hillary loved superspicy food. It was something she had in common with Laura Bush.

by Anonymousreply 304May 23, 2020 9:55 PM

Was he related to Earl Scheib where they paint [italic] Any Car, Any Make, Any Model, For $29.95 !

Surely Joe Biden Remembers Earl !

by Anonymousreply 305May 23, 2020 10:01 PM

Oops, sorry, I meant Walter Scheib was White House Chef from 1994 to 2005.

by Anonymousreply 306May 23, 2020 10:04 PM

Be careful who Joe Biden chooses as his running mate [and it's already done, we just don't know who it is - the deal has gone down] - because this person will be serving out the majority of his term.

by Anonymousreply 307May 23, 2020 10:06 PM

omg, the goobers are out in force. Now Biden has dementia, and Trump is a stable genius again. oh sweet jesus, and people think this will work. this is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 308May 23, 2020 10:22 PM

Save Us Donnie! With your Big Brain and your complete lack of racism! Please save us from the terrible, terrible menace of Joe Biden! Please!!!!

by Anonymousreply 309May 23, 2020 10:24 PM

No, Trump is an idiot with diminishing mental faculties. That doesn’t mean Biden isn’t in the same boat.

by Anonymousreply 310May 23, 2020 11:33 PM

This is why 70 year olds should be barred from running for President.

by Anonymousreply 311May 23, 2020 11:33 PM

well, even if that were true r310, everyone should vote for Biden anyway. Everything is always worse with Trump. Everything.

by Anonymousreply 312May 23, 2020 11:37 PM

There really should be an age limit on running for president.

by Anonymousreply 313May 23, 2020 11:39 PM

does that apply to Bernie r313?

by Anonymousreply 314May 23, 2020 11:43 PM

Game Over, Man, Game Over!

Oh shut the fuck up people, we're fine.

by Anonymousreply 315May 23, 2020 11:45 PM

Goobers. I love Goobers, you got any Goobers, man ?

I love those Raisinettes, too ! Can you bring me some , man ? I'll pay ya !

by Anonymousreply 316May 23, 2020 11:47 PM

No need to send in the goobers, r316. They're already here.

by Anonymousreply 317May 23, 2020 11:49 PM

Hey man, has there every been a cooler presidential candidate than me?

I Am The Man, man !

Beat Me If You Can, can.

I'm a poet man,

And I don't know it,

But my feet show it........

Longfellow

by Anonymousreply 318May 23, 2020 11:53 PM

so is this just Bernie bots venting? Cause, well, that's okay.

by Anonymousreply 319May 23, 2020 11:55 PM

R312, I agree, however, that doesn’t make people excited enough to go out and vote and therein lies the problem. Most Americans are politically engaged. They learn everything in soundbites. The cult of personality is what sells. Bernie had it, Obama had it, a Trump has it. Joe doesn’t. Vote for me because the other guy is worse is not a great slogan. I hope Joe wins but even I know this is an uphill battle.

by Anonymousreply 320May 23, 2020 11:56 PM

R312, I agree, however, that doesn’t make people excited enough to go out and vote and therein lies the problem. Most Americans aren’t politically engaged. They learn everything in soundbites. The cult of personality is what sells. Bernie had it, Obama had it, a Trump has it. Joe doesn’t. Vote for me because the other guy is worse is not a great slogan. I hope Joe wins but even I know this is an uphill battle.

by Anonymousreply 321May 23, 2020 11:56 PM

If you're attempting to win the monumental task of running the entire nation, you should me required to be deemed mentally competent BEFORE the election.

by Anonymousreply 322May 23, 2020 11:58 PM

it's different when there is actually an incumbent president, somebody who has made it obvious every single day that they completely suck at the job. when it's two people who have to say pick me, no pick me, we can have the back and forth about which would be better.

but Trump sucks and his suck is so obvious that it is a big advantage for Biden. It's like if Bush were running for re-election in 2008 rather than 2004, after the shittiness of his presidency had become obvious to even the stupidest Republican. That is the difference here.

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2020 11:59 PM

Please explain Trump then r322

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2020 11:59 PM

👴 [bold] No Country For Old Men

by Anonymousreply 325May 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Ya got two old men to choose from, who do you choose? them's the breaks people. Don't be a dick about it. Don't retreat to your fantasy candidate. Who do you choose?

by Anonymousreply 326May 24, 2020 12:02 AM

Of course Jill knows. Like Nancy Reagan knew. Everybody knows Trump has dementia or a drug addled brain and in its shocking way that's why it stands out so much with Biden. He is not the man he was under Obama. He has to win but this is going to be a very tough race. Honestly Jill would have been better. Too bad she can't give his speeches or debate for him. Who was the first lady who was pretty much running the country after her husband had a stroke in office? Just get Biden elected and Jill will prop him up. I'm not joking.

by Anonymousreply 327May 24, 2020 12:07 AM

Edith Wilson, r327, and again, I'd take her or Jill Biden, or an actually demented Joe Biden over the malicious bitch who actually hates pretty much American in the White House right now. so again, who you voting for?

by Anonymousreply 328May 24, 2020 12:09 AM

Or we can be Democrats and go into hysterics and invent fantasies about how everything SHOULD have gone, and who SHOULD have run, and how everyone in America WOULD have voted for them, or we can deal with what is actually in front of us and stop fucking around and get with the fucking program.

by Anonymousreply 329May 24, 2020 12:13 AM

We don't have to invent anything.

Open your eyes man, it's already here and it's starting you right in the face.

by Anonymousreply 330May 24, 2020 12:22 AM

so who are you voting for r330?

by Anonymousreply 331May 24, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] . The cult of personality is what sells. Bernie had it, Obama had it, a Trump has it. Joe doesn’t.

It worked so well for Bernie that he lost in 2016 and 2020 to Hilary and Biden. Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 332May 24, 2020 12:31 AM

Bernie's great. I like him. He's not the nominee. He will not magically become the nominee, even if you say it three thousand times, tinkerbell. It's not happening. The Dream has died. it's okay. Cry a little, laugh a little, drink wine a little, smoke weed a little. It's okay. Let it go sweethearts. It's not happening. Love yourselves a little more, love Bernie a little less. But let the Dream go.

by Anonymousreply 333May 24, 2020 12:39 AM

Bernie fucking lost TWICE. The majority of the Democratic Party voters didn't want him. Maybe he'll run again in four years, he'll only be 83 years old. He could still do it, unless he has another heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 334May 24, 2020 12:41 AM

[quote] It worked so well for Bernie that he lost in 2016 and 2020 to Hilary and Biden. Nice try though.

Excuse me, but in 2016 Bernie had independents. It wasn’t just Democrats. It was the Democratic Party that wasn’t so hot on him. Had Bernie won the nomination, he would have won in 2016. He probably would have been a horrible president, but again, his personality would get him over the finish line. Americans, by and large, don’t care about specifics or policy. They care about the person. It can be for the dumbest reasons. Remember when it was Bush that people would like to have a beer with?

by Anonymousreply 335May 24, 2020 1:20 AM

[quote] Bernie fucking lost TWICE. The majority of the Democratic Party voters didn't want him.

Biden also lost TWICE. This could be his third. Do you really want to go there? Not sure what point you’re trying to make. It all comes down to winning the presidency. I personally hate Bernie and his cult.

by Anonymousreply 336May 24, 2020 1:22 AM

ya done, r335?

by Anonymousreply 337May 24, 2020 1:22 AM

No, r337. Next time sit down, shut up and eat your food.

by Anonymousreply 338May 24, 2020 1:23 AM

so who ya voting for r338?

by Anonymousreply 339May 24, 2020 1:26 AM

Take it easy, man.

It's only an election.

by Anonymousreply 340May 24, 2020 1:27 AM

takin it easy, so who ya votin for r340?

by Anonymousreply 341May 24, 2020 1:28 AM

I'm doing a write in for Nancy Pelosi.

Has that grab ya, man?

by Anonymousreply 342May 24, 2020 1:32 AM

just vote biden, and stop being an adolescent r342

by Anonymousreply 343May 24, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote] Excuse me, but in 2016 Bernie had independents. It wasn’t just Democrats. It was the Democratic Party that wasn’t so hot on him

This doesn't make sense. He had democrats and independents yet couldn't even win the primary elections.

by Anonymousreply 344May 24, 2020 1:37 AM

I mean I get if you are actually an adolescent, and this is the worst thing that has ever happened to you, and dammit, why didn't everyone love the candidate that I loved, and dammit, I loved him or her, but now is the time to grow up and stop pretending to yourself that your feelings are everything.

it really is a learning experience.

by Anonymousreply 345May 24, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] Biden also lost TWICE. This could be his third. Do you really want to go there? Not sure what point you’re trying to make. I

He won the primaries with a large percentage vote. Therefore, he didn't lose this time. Face it--Bernie lost because he only had his hardcore devotees. And even THEY barely voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 346May 24, 2020 1:38 AM

"The US is the greatest country in the civilized world. We are the envy of the rest of the world, from the Orient to darkest Africa."

by Anonymousreply 347May 24, 2020 1:40 AM

soooo, r349, what does that do for you. who do you vote for?

by Anonymousreply 348May 24, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote] This doesn't make sense. He had democrats and independents yet couldn't even win the primary elections.

Independents don’t vote I overwhelmingly in Democratic primary elections.

And to answer the other question, I’m voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 349May 24, 2020 1:44 AM

You're alright honey, if you are voting for Biden. This actually matters. This is no joke. This is a serious crisis in our country.

by Anonymousreply 350May 24, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote] He won the primaries with a large percentage vote. Therefore, he didn't lose this time.

If he loses in November, he will be a three time loser running for the White House. Both Biden and Bernie lost two primaries already.

by Anonymousreply 351May 24, 2020 1:46 AM

No, shit, r350. I actually don’t dislike Biden, but I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t something going on with him. I’d vote for a person on life support over Trump in the end.

by Anonymousreply 352May 24, 2020 1:47 AM

He NEEDS to win. This is not a joke. This is not a DL playing around thing. if Trump wins again, we are in a deep awful hole. We need to not have Trump has president next year. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 353May 24, 2020 1:48 AM

This guy elegantly sums it up

Preston Mitchum @PrestonMitchum · May 22

“If you’ve got a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t Black.” - Joe Biden

Whew, I have no words.

And what’s even more disgusting is we know Black people who will support this statement. I worry for us.

Biden is a demotivating candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 24, 2020 1:48 AM

Biden's already lost it.

Let's hope he doesn't lose the election, too.

Get what I'm sayin, man?

by Anonymousreply 355May 24, 2020 1:48 AM

good for you r352, seriously, this is not a who is sleeping with who thing. this is actually our nation. We need to not dick around with this thing, our constitution. seriously.

by Anonymousreply 356May 24, 2020 1:50 AM

Apparently the person in R354's post is a "queer advocate". Now I'm DEFINITELY going to listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 357May 24, 2020 1:51 AM

don't care who is a queer advocate. Never, ever, never vote for Trump, or any other Republican is the thing.

by Anonymousreply 358May 24, 2020 1:54 AM

R358, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 359May 24, 2020 1:58 AM

ya get we are in an actual fight for our lives, right? you get that? you know that getting into a stupid thing about this candidate or that candidate who isn't the actual candidate, right? can we stop that nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 360May 24, 2020 2:01 AM

Yeah we are in a fight for our lives but with Joe people are not going to vote for him no matter how much they hate Trump.

They are going to stay home. No matter how much you wish it Biden is not going to become consistently coherent. The man is going to continually fuck up. I will vote for him even if he's on a ventilator but the Democratic party has already fucked up an election 6 months away.

by Anonymousreply 361May 24, 2020 3:39 AM

I do know what you are saying r361, but it is not about Biden, it is seriously about Trump. We need to get him out, really, not joke, even if you don't like Biden, you still need to get Trump out, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 362May 24, 2020 3:43 AM

So we're supposed not settle for bad as opposed to worse?

Democrats had no plan in 2016. The just assumed that cold, unrelatable Hillary would win. But she didn't.

And here we are in 2020, once again without a plan. The party machine picked Biden as their choice, and screwed every other candidate over to get their good old boy in, a bad tempered, befuddled man who speaks without thinking.

So now we're expected to choose between bad and worse?

As Grumpy Cat said before her untimely passing, [italic] Good Luck America !

by Anonymousreply 363May 24, 2020 5:05 AM

R363, you do realize that Trump is stacking the courts with lifetime appointments, right? That alone should get people to fucking vote. We’ll be living under the Trump nightmare for a lifetime.

[quote] The party machine picked Biden as their choice

So black voters are now the party machine. Okay

by Anonymousreply 364May 24, 2020 5:53 AM

R364, don't fucking bother with this douche, this person posts this same basic post in every Biden-related thread.

by Anonymousreply 365May 24, 2020 6:07 AM

Yes, it’s true that Biden is better than Trump for African Americans and the nation, but it’s quiet lazy and ineffective for this to be your main campaign pitch. Hillary thought outrage or discomfort with Trump, and being “not Trump” would be enough to propel her to victory. But a lot of potential voters are prone to stay home and not vote unless you ignite a compelling reason for them to vote. A significant percentage of the Democratic base is prone to stay home unless they find a candidate to be worth their electoral energy and commitment.

by Anonymousreply 366May 24, 2020 10:30 AM

R268 he did, and then he manipulated the bug in the system to like his own post 19 times.

Too many trolls around here lately, wish someone who worked on the website actually cared.

by Anonymousreply 367May 24, 2020 11:50 AM

Is this worse than Biden's statement in 2007 that Obama was the "first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean"? It's doubtful that Biden could say anything reflecting his views on African-Americans that will end up hurting him.

by Anonymousreply 368May 24, 2020 12:07 PM

Not worse, but he wasn’t at the top of the ticket then

by Anonymousreply 369May 24, 2020 1:53 PM

r368 consider them together & it's even worse. Between that & the creepiness with women & it's only a matter of time before he says something right now so bigoted that he'll be forced to do a major mea culpa. If it's too bad, like he's caught on a hot mike/cell phone bad he might have to lay low for a while, which is even worse re: bringing out the vote.

by Anonymousreply 370May 24, 2020 1:59 PM

A week ago I was demanding he be more assertive and seen. Now, I understand why they were keeping him low profile

by Anonymousreply 371May 24, 2020 2:16 PM

Charlemagne says voter depression of blacks is a really huge threat to Democrats this year.

by Anonymousreply 372May 24, 2020 2:19 PM

The sheer stupidity of Biden telling a black man that he's not black.....

Come on man, ya gotta see it !

by Anonymousreply 373May 24, 2020 2:34 PM

Hillary received 88 percent of the black vote and lost.

by Anonymousreply 374May 24, 2020 2:37 PM

A lot of people will stay home. This is very bad. One thing the wretched Trump can do is whip up republicans into some sort of excitement which tells you how hateful they are. Democrats will be looking at Biden saying we had 4 years and this is the best we could do? Bring back Hillary! Now I bet she could trounce him.

by Anonymousreply 375May 24, 2020 2:52 PM

This is worse than a careless whisper

by Anonymousreply 376May 24, 2020 3:08 PM

The hysterics are unneeded, and fortunately will pass soon. The Sunday shows will pretend to give a shit and by the middle of next week we'll be on to some other thing.

by Anonymousreply 377May 24, 2020 4:19 PM

But like Gore, this creates a narrative on which media and Republicans can pile on every time Biden says or does anything that might ruffle African Americans’ feathers. He definitely should pick a Black woman running mate now.

by Anonymousreply 378May 24, 2020 5:17 PM

Biden's got dementia and will surely lose. There's a major gaffe with virtually every appearance now. And his candidacy is complicated by the fact that people don't feel they're actually voting for Biden - they're voting for whoever's pulling his strings. If he debates as expected it's going to be a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 379May 24, 2020 5:23 PM

Trump is a useless old asshole and will lose. He makes it obvious every day that he sucks at presidenting. That is why he will lose.

Oh, he won't debate, because he sucks at that too.

by Anonymousreply 380May 24, 2020 5:30 PM

And black people will vote against Trump overwhelmingly. Maybe they won't love ole Uncle Joe, although many do, but the vast majority HATE Trump and will turn out to vote him out of office.

by Anonymousreply 381May 24, 2020 5:43 PM

Look Bernie tried, twice. He lost, twice. It happens. Sometimes the one you love is not the one everyone else loves. It's okay. It's not that big a trauma. You will recover.

by Anonymousreply 382May 24, 2020 5:48 PM

[R381] That's all well and good but black people comprise only 12-13% of the U.S. population - though you wouldn't know it based on the saturation media coverage of black outrage and black issues. The Dems need to keep their critical black constituency made as hell during election cycles for them to have any chance of winning. Thus, any Dems challenger must necessarily be branded "a racist" whether there's a basis to that assertion or not. And it works.

by Anonymousreply 383May 24, 2020 5:52 PM

Oh, I don't think this will work r383. A lot of white people will pretend to be outraged on behalf of black people, and I don't think they will buy it, especially since a lot of those white people will be horrible racists themselves. I think this will fizzle. And yeah, you can't just win with only black votes, but getting them to turn out makes a big difference in close states, like here in Wisconsin. I think they will turn out to turn out Trump. He is truly hated in a way few presidents have been.

by Anonymousreply 384May 24, 2020 5:55 PM

[R384] It's absolutely true that no Dem can win without a large majority of the black vote. That fact informs a huge part of the political discourse in the U.S., both overtly and covertly. If blacks support were evenly split between the parties - or at least not so lopsided - the landscape of American politics would be radically different, along with the tenor of political debate.

by Anonymousreply 385May 24, 2020 6:00 PM

Yes, and R384, I think it's also may be possible that it's a good thing to get this "scandal" out of the way now. This alerts Joe and his people that they need to tread a bit more carefully. The dustup is thin to begin with and it certainly will not hold up over time--especially with the other side rage tweeting like an illiterate, syphilis-ravaged man-child

by Anonymousreply 386May 24, 2020 6:05 PM

The hysterics will stop........

.....Until Joe opens his mouth again.

by Anonymousreply 387May 24, 2020 7:11 PM

"Where my niggas at? Haaayyy!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 24, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote] Oh, he won't debate, because he sucks at that too.

Yes he will. Trump can’t wait to do it. He loves the limelight and hates Joe with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 389May 24, 2020 7:40 PM

and if he does, r389, Trump will look like the complete moron he is. I don't Joe is going to be polite about this. It's going to be a lot of laughing and every boneheaded thing Trump would say.

by Anonymousreply 390May 24, 2020 7:42 PM

How did that work out in 2016, r398? Hillary was technically the best debater by far, but she only polled Marginally better as the winner of the debate among viewers. Trump was given credit by the media and public for connecting better with Joe Sixpack.,

by Anonymousreply 391May 24, 2020 8:46 PM

Trump has had nearly four years of sucking at the job of president. That actually makes a difference. He sucks, we know it, we can't have any illusions about how he'll magically become better. He sucks at everything, he's a moron, and he has made very clear that he does not intend to get better in any way.

by Anonymousreply 392May 24, 2020 8:52 PM

Half the nation is like him

by Anonymousreply 393May 24, 2020 9:09 PM

And i don't think Joe has Hillary's problem. She was seen as cold and robotic and incapable of ever expressing an honest thought. I don't think that is correct, but that was what was seen by a lot of people. Joe's gaffes actually help in fighting that image.

by Anonymousreply 394May 24, 2020 9:11 PM

Maybe

by Anonymousreply 395May 24, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote] Joe's gaffes actually help

Oh good lord.

by Anonymousreply 396May 24, 2020 9:35 PM

sorry, but they do. They make him more human than Hillary could ever manage. And in the world of Trump, they don't shock or bother anyone.

by Anonymousreply 397May 24, 2020 9:37 PM

[quote] They make him more human than Hillary could ever manage

That's nothing but sexism. If a woman made gaffes like that, they would have deemed her incompetent and unfit to run for office.

With a man, it's endearing.

by Anonymousreply 398May 24, 2020 9:46 PM

well maybe, although I think everyone overdoes it with the "only women have to deal with ..." thing.

Some people just come across as robotic and insincere. Gore did. Actually quite a few politicians do. Hillary was one of them. Joe Biden is not.

by Anonymousreply 399May 24, 2020 9:48 PM

🙊 [italic]Silence Is Golden

by Anonymousreply 400May 24, 2020 11:02 PM

400 comments?

Over this?

The debates will be fun.

by Anonymousreply 401May 24, 2020 11:11 PM

What's your problem, man? What's YOUR PROBLEM? Hey, man, catch me outside......

by Anonymousreply 402May 24, 2020 11:22 PM

I'm a victim of my own imagination ........ How cool is that !

by Anonymousreply 403May 24, 2020 11:37 PM

M-O-O-N

That spells Joe Biden

by Anonymousreply 404May 25, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote]That's nothing but sexism. If a woman made gaffes like that, they would have deemed her incompetent and unfit to run for office.

[quote]With a man, it's endearing.

It's actually because he's an older man. If a younger man like Pete made racial gaffes like Biden it would be "he should know better!" A younger man couldn't get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 405May 25, 2020 12:52 AM

well that, r405. and Trump is going to say worse every day of the campaign. Joe Biden will make the occasional gaffe. Trump will pretty much announce he's a neo-Nazi every other day.

by Anonymousreply 406May 25, 2020 1:38 AM

But Biden needs to not make gaffes that suppress the Democratic base and swing state voters. Trump doesn’t insult his base

by Anonymousreply 407May 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Biden's gaffes are not going to hurt him. They are kind of affectionate. Some will be offended, but nobody is going to actually stay home because Biden said something silly about black people. He likes them. They like him. Same when he says something dumb about women or Hispanics or gay people or young people or whoever. It won't be nasty, it will be silly.

Trump, on the other hand, is pure hatred, and he gets that back.

by Anonymousreply 408May 25, 2020 2:09 AM

Biden reminds me of two of my uncles, who are also pushing 80. They're not racists or bad people at all, they're just old and out of touch. They're from a different era and at their age they're not going to change.

by Anonymousreply 409May 25, 2020 2:16 AM

yeah, I think people know the difference r409. Some people, especially old people, say silly things, but it's not from hatred, and we all know the difference.

I'm sure we've all heard a lot of things about gayness. A lot of things that bother us, but we all know the difference between a dumb comment and a hate-filled comment.

by Anonymousreply 410May 25, 2020 2:24 AM

She sure is, R131!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 25, 2020 2:27 AM

r410 bigotry doesn't have to be shouted or said with a sneer to be bigotry.

If you choose to call it "silly" that's totally fair, but it doesn't change what it is. The hundreds of anti-gay "jokes" I've been subjected to over the table at gatherings of my low end family weren't aggressive, but they were just as bigoted at heart as a serious argument over gay marriage.

Aging people's cognitive functions decline, including maintaining social niceties, so there's nothing you can do about it. Accepting that reality shouldn't morph into saying it's not bigoted or they're harmless--many can & do vote.

Both of them are elitist, bigoted old white men. It is what it is. It's OK to say Trump is destroying our country & has to be stopped without denying how problematic Biden is.

by Anonymousreply 412May 25, 2020 5:01 AM

Telling a black man that he's not a black man is not affectionate.

It's an insult.

by Anonymousreply 413May 25, 2020 5:24 AM

yeah, biden's fine. we all get that. we really do. the bots don't get that we get that. but bots just gotta do what they do.

by Anonymousreply 414May 25, 2020 5:28 AM

nobody cares, r413, least of all you.

by Anonymousreply 415May 25, 2020 5:48 AM

and no r412, you know the difference. you choose to pretend otherwise here, but you know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 416May 25, 2020 5:50 AM

An old man with dementia running for president is endearing? On what planet? Most people who hate Trump find it horrifying. There will be a lot of people not voting meanwhile Trump's rabid base for whom he can do no wrong will turn out in force unashamedly . It doesn't matter that he is an old man with brain damage as well. They like his energy and deranged take no prisoners attitude. Some of you are talking about Biden's win as if it were a slam dunk. We've a half a year to go and it is anything but. I wish you were right. But he has to choose his running mate very carefully because people will assume that person possibly will be the next president and have to be confident the country will be in good hands. Then people will turn out.

by Anonymousreply 417May 25, 2020 6:56 PM

Should Biden be allowed to choose his running mate? All by himself?

by Anonymousreply 418May 26, 2020 2:44 AM

Oprah Winfrey might be a good idea. Seriously. I think they should ask her.

by Anonymousreply 419May 26, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote] The more Biden gets out there when he's on his own the more he will come across as a fumbling old man not quite sure of what he's saying and doddering about. Despite being the worst most hateful president in history(and I would have given that to Nixon!) I think Trump might really have a chance. Things are not going to get better for Biden simply because there is nothing he can do about aging. The pressures of the campaign will hasten it. And when Trump turns it into the most nasty ugly onslaught in campaign history wizened Joe might be blown away like a feather. His hard core supporters and handlers must be shitting bricks.

[quote] Of course Jill knows. Like Nancy Reagan knew. Everybody knows Trump has dementia or a drug addled brain and in its shocking way that's why it stands out so much with Biden. He is not the man he was under Obama. He has to win but this is going to be a very tough race. Honestly Jill would have been better. Too bad she can't give his speeches or debate for him. Who was the first lady who was pretty much running the country after her husband had a stroke in office? Just get Biden elected and Jill will prop him up. I'm not joking.

[quote] Yeah we are in a fight for our lives but with Joe people are not going to vote for him no matter how much they hate Trump. They are going to stay home. No matter how much you wish it Biden is not going to become consistently coherent. The man is going to continually fuck up. I will vote for him even if he's on a ventilator but the Democratic party has already fucked up an election 6 months away. Biden Fux Up On Black Radio Show A lot of people will stay home. This is very bad. One thing the wretched Trump can do is whip up republicans into some sort of excitement which tells you how hateful they are. Democrats will be looking at Biden saying we had 4 years and this is the best we could do? Bring back Hillary! Now I bet she could trounce him.

[quote] An old man with dementia running for president is endearing? On what planet? Most people who hate Trump find it horrifying. There will be a lot of people not voting meanwhile Trump's rabid base for whom he can do no wrong will turn out in force unashamedly . It doesn't matter that he is an old man with brain damage as well. They like his energy and deranged take no prisoners attitude. Some of you are talking about Biden's win as if it were a slam dunk. We've a half a year to go and it is anything but. I wish you were right. But he has to choose his running mate very carefully because people will assume that person possibly will be the next president and have to be confident the country will be in good hands. Then people will turn out.

Are you finished concern trolling yet?

1. This election is going to produce record turnout. Liberals are not going to sit at home.

2. Biden does not have dementia?

by Anonymousreply 420May 26, 2020 3:53 AM

Biden today found a new way to signal his apology to blacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421May 26, 2020 3:59 AM

[quote] Cognitive decline? This gaffe tops them all.

[quote] Honest question. Do you think Jill Biden KNOWS her husband is suffering from dementia? If so, how does she let this farce keep going on?

[quote] Oprah Winfrey might be a good idea. Seriously. I think they should ask her.

You you know that YOU are an IDIOT? Everyone else here does.

by Anonymousreply 422May 26, 2020 4:00 AM

[quote] Cognitive decline? This gaffe tops them all.

[quote] Honest question. Do you think Jill Biden KNOWS her husband is suffering from dementia? If so, how does she let this farce keep going on?

[quote] Oprah Winfrey might be a good idea. Seriously. I think they should ask her.

You you know that YOU are an IDIOT? Everyone else here does.

by Anonymousreply 423May 26, 2020 4:00 AM

[quote] Unapologetic racist campaigning but he will get a pass.

[quote] At least Joe's keeper tried. Over the course of the interview, an aide twice interrupted the back-and-forth to tell Biden he was over on time. This inspired Charlamagne the God, the host of the popular 'Breakfast Club' program, to say, 'You can't do that to black media.'

[quote] Biden's handlers have made him try to walk this back. Biden that, 'No one should have to vote for any party based on their race, their religion, their background,' on a conference call with the U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce Friday afternoon. Among those who criticized Biden for what he said was Diddy, also known as Puff Daddy, tweeting, 'Aye bruh @JoeBiden I already told you the #BlackVoteAintFree.'

[quote] summary of the other dem candidates perfectly illustrates why Biden's South Carolina win wasn't terribly impressive. He simply was the last one standing out of a very weak field.

[quote] "You fucked it up 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 Joe." Published in The Guardian: An offensive comment by the Democratic presidential candidate is a reminder that black people – all people – deserve better than Joe Biden I'm very tired of Joe Biden. My vote for him was already hanging by a thread before his disastrous interview with Charlamagne tha God on Friday. Interrupting the Breakfast Club host’s explanation that black people needed assurances that our communities will benefit from his presidency, Biden asserted: “If you’ve got a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black.” Again, I am very tired of Joe Biden. Not because I am a purist, or have inflexible ideological commitments of what it will take to remove Donald Trump from office. But rather because Biden’s condescension towards black communities is intolerable.

[quote] NY Post agrees Biden Fux Up On Black Radio Show You can tell everybody grasps how bad this is for Biden by the hysteria of those trying to sweep it under the carpet. See r300 amongst others.

[quote] This guy elegantly sums it up Preston Mitchum @PrestonMitchum · May 22 “If you’ve got a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t Black.” - Joe Biden Whew, I have no words. And what’s even more disgusting is we know Black people who will support this statement. I worry for us. Biden is a demotivating candidate.

[quote] Oh good lord.

[quote] Biden today found a new way to signal his apology to blacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424May 26, 2020 4:10 AM

r421, unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 425May 26, 2020 6:05 AM

The View just glossed over this issue masterfully.

by Anonymousreply 426May 26, 2020 3:41 PM

Whoopi would be the smart choice as VP.

Wanda Sykes might even be better. She'd keep Old Joe in line.

by Anonymousreply 427May 27, 2020 6:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!