Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm being ghosted--or ignored

No one is answering my phone calls, or returning messages. Emails go answered as do texts. I've contacted people I did work for to let them know the work is ready and I want to mail it out and they're not replying.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2020 6:37 PM

I guess you must be dead and you're only thinking you're alive and doing those things. The only answer.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 12:56 PM

Or they're dead and can't respond to you.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 12:57 PM

But you answered. Are we both dead?

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 12:57 PM

No, people answer me.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 12:58 PM

Do you send with "read request"? So you know they have read it but not responded?

If they are reading things and not responding, you ARE being ghosted!

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 1:18 PM

If they have read your messages but not responded, you have been ghosted—and they don't want to pay you.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 1:32 PM

I can see replies to this thread, but I can't see anything written by OP. What's going on?

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 1:37 PM

Yep, if they haven't already paid you they're just stalling or don't have the money to pay. I hope you got at least some money up front from them.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 1:39 PM

lawyer should be next contact

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 1:40 PM

[quote] I can see replies to this thread, but I can't see anything written by OP. What's going on?

Do you have him blocked? Will blocking someone actually make the OP invisible if he creates a thread? I don't know because I don't block people. I'm not that sensitive. I like to read posts from those I consider assholes or lowlifes, if for no other reason than to remind myself there are indeed people on this planet I am better than.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 1:42 PM

R10 - R9 was making a very funny joke. Meta

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 1:44 PM

[quote]there are indeed people on this planet I am better than.

you mean "people who are inferior to me"

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 2:33 PM

No, I meant exactly what I said.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 2:39 PM

OP, can you see yourself in a mirror? Do you keep hearing, “Go towards the light, Carol Ann!”?

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 2:55 PM

"There are people I am better than" is terrible English.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 3:04 PM

It's also a terrible person.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 6:24 PM

C’mon being ignored sucks and when you put in the effort and others don’t it’s painful. Sorry OP. It’s up to them to behave like proper human beings. Hold on.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2020 6:32 PM

C’mon being ignored sucks and when you put in the effort and others don’t it’s painful. Sorry OP. It’s up to them to behave like proper human beings. Hold on.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2020 6:32 PM

You've turned a corner...into the Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 6:32 PM

OP, I would just tell them the work you did will be destroyed if they don't pay you. I mean--right?

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2020 6:35 PM

This is how the world ends. First people stop answering their emails. Repent OP.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2020 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!