Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Charles Suggests Those Out Of Work Consider A Job Picking Fruits And Vegetables, Receives Backlash

Prince Charles is receiving backlash this week after promoting a campaign calling for people who have been furloughed from their jobs amid the COVID-19 pandemic to pick fruits and vegetables.

Prince Charles appeared in a video on the Clarence House Twitter page in support for the "Pick for Britain" campaign, a UK government initiative which seeks to find people work on produce farms, particularly those who are furloughed. The UK is currently facing a labor shortage at fruit and vegetable farms because of travel restrictions during the coronavirus outbreak, according to CNN, and without people to pick the produce, it could rot on the vine.

"In the coming months, many thousands of people will be needed to bring in the crops. It will be hard graft but is hugely important if we are to avoid the growing crops going to waste," he said.

He called for a second coming of the "Land Army" during World War I, which saw many women taking on agriculture jobs as men were called to fight in the military.

"It is of the utmost importance, and at the height of this global pandemic you will be making a vital contribution to the national effort," he said.

A follow-up tweet from Clarence House asked those who are "looking for work in these difficult times to consider a job picking fruit and vegetables." This echoes comments from George Eustice, environment secretary in the U.K., who announced the Pick for Britain campaign by calling on furloughed British workers to take on these jobs, as only one-third of migrant workers typically expected have arrived in the U.K. as of now.

Prince Charles seemed to get a heated response online, with many questioning the safety of working on such farms and with others criticizing the "optics" of a royal asking citizens to do manual labor.

Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus back in March but has since recovered and left self-isolation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 24, 2020 12:15 AM

I don't know why people are being so harsh to him.

First off, environmental causes are his passion. So it's no surprise he would say this.

Second, I think that he had in mind FDR's "forest corp," who were employed during the Great Depression. These guys did forest work, when jobs weren't available.

At least he's putting out some ideas.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 6:27 PM

Worth a punt Chaz, on the back of VE day goodwill. I'm sure you'd see to it that the pay is fully commensurate with the 'hard graft.' Key workers, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 6:27 PM

In America, we call those jobs the ones our citizens don't want to do. No wonder a royal saying this would explode their brains.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 6:31 PM

He gets shit no matter what he says or does

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 6:33 PM

Maybe Charles should lead by example instead of giving advice to those who have actually spent time working real jobs.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 6:37 PM

What in the fuck is wrong with picking fruit??

It sounds like an easy and relaxing job, and you're getting paid for it.

Some people are so fucking SPOILED.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 6:37 PM

This is goes with the whole i'm dying of hunger but that type of job is only for inmigrants i want a free paycheck.

Let's face it, in western countries there are a good bunch of people that just don't want to work

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 6:44 PM

R6 what’s your fruit picking experience?

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 6:44 PM

So furloughed workers are supposed to leave their quarantine in the city to live communally on farms in the age of Covid?

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 6:47 PM

Don't they have Mexicans?

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 6:49 PM

This coming from a guy who is on a form of welfare himself (albeit an extravagant one most people would love to be on).

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 6:51 PM

Charles should pretend he’s a tampon again and crawl into Camilla’s beef curtains.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 6:52 PM

[R7] = Rees-Mogg

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 6:56 PM

As one of the world's richest welfare daddies, should Prince Charles start picking fruit instead of relying on other people's money?

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 7:00 PM

The backlash was because it goes against government guidelines and is completely overly simplistic. It's saying "Sitting at home doing nothing all day? Why not travel miles away to a farm to do something you have no experience in!"

Fruit or vegetable picking isn't a fun family day out. The majority of the UK population don't have farms on their doorstep. Families with kids at home because the schools are shut can't just get up and volunteer to pick fruit all day. We've been told not to travel to different areas for day trips.

It's completely tone deaf. I get he had the best intentions at heart and the huge amount of food waste the lockdown is causing in harvest season is saddening, but it wasn't a good idea for him to suggest we're not doing our bit for the country by not all decamping to the countryside to help out.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 7:00 PM

Too bad those Battenberg assholes didn't get the same haircut Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette got! What a subservient lot those Brits are to tolerate these leeches for centuries. Extra humor points b/c they're really Germans.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 7:07 PM

He should lead by example.

Go ahead Charles. If a 90 year farmer can be outside lifting bales of hay, you can do some PR work and pick vegetables for a day. Ya hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 7:09 PM

Royal Family sez: pick our fruit!

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 7:16 PM

Queen furious

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 7:28 PM

Ahem. I don't see unemployed Americans flooding into the fields to fill in for all those undocumented workers Trump stopped at the border.

There's a shortage in the UK for similar reasons--the foreign agricultural workers who used to come to harvest the UK's crops have been chased off by the ugly treatment they've gotten in the past few years since Brexit fever took hold. Though reportedly some are being quietly flown in to work this year, probably with offers of better pay and working conditions.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 7:46 PM

R10 We do sort of hire Mexicans, ours are called Romanians though. No British people have a fucking clue how to pick crops.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2020 7:52 PM

DM Comment: Still can't say she doesn't plan ahead. Now living in LA, with no home of her own, a child, a husband with no job and that is basically unemployable with a wish list that even she doesn't know how she can afford. Good for them, wish them luck, hope I never hear about them again.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2020 7:55 PM

Give this man a break.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote] Prince Charles Suggests Those Out Of Work Consider A Job Picking Fruits And Vegetables

Is this a message to Harry?

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2020 8:07 PM

Meghan and Katherine could do this!

(One of my favorite I Love Lucy scenes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2020 8:33 PM

Me an' my mates aint pickin no fackin' fruit and veg, we don eat that shit, right? We got careers as rappers, OK?

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2020 8:36 PM

R23 Why do we have to give this man a break? And nice diversionary Harry snark comments R24. Can't stop the obsession for 5 minutes. The BRF is nosediving. They come across as elitist, lazy and above the law. No amount of paid pr articles or zoom sessions are going to change that. Looks like it's time to pimp Charlotte out to the media again and inundate sites with more anti Sussex crap.

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2020 8:54 PM

R27 Why does Meghan take money from the royals if they're such awful people?

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote] R10 We do sort of hire Mexicans, ours are called Romanians though.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2020 9:04 PM

R27 it was a joke. Don't be such a bore.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2020 9:14 PM

I might consider it, but I'd never actually DO it!

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2020 9:32 PM

He should send out William and Kate out - both young and healthy, and hell George is old enough to do some picking. Kate has plenty of experience from creating a garden for the Chelsea Flower Show.

The useless York sisters should also head to the fields. The chubby one may even lose some weight.

Lead by example.

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2020 9:49 PM

Picking up fruits you say? Where do I sign?

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2020 9:55 PM

Paying £20+ per hour.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2020 10:01 PM

Count me in - I love nature!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2020 10:08 PM

Pikes?

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2020 10:11 PM

"Let them eat cake."

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2020 10:13 PM

He's right - but it will have to be much better paid, meaning that fruit and vegetables will be more expensive. Which will happen anyway if it doesnt get picked

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2020 10:31 PM

They'll plough what doesn't get picked into the ground and import what's needed for this year. It happens all of the time if they aren't high quality enough for UK supermarkets in any case.

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2020 10:55 PM

He's dead right.

The Brits have gotten lazy , fat and stupid; they have treated their migrants badly and told them to fuck off with a Brexit Yes vote.

Pick your own vegetables, clean your own toilets.

by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2020 11:18 PM

"In America, we call those jobs the ones our citizens don't want to do."

Still missing the good old days on the plantation...

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2020 11:22 PM

"Don't they have Mexicans?"

Yes, Mrs. Bush- they're called Pakis.

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2020 11:25 PM

9000 Rolls Royce workers to be made redundant in the UK. For each job that goes, 4 supply chain jobs are lost. Lots of labor to go pick fruit and veg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2020 11:29 PM

R42 Paki's won't be picking crops, they're just as lazy as we are.

Picking crops is a job for Eastern Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2020 11:35 PM

Can't they just eat cake?

by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2020 12:11 AM

[bold]The reason for backlash is Charles' self-serving comment wrapped pseudo-virtue.

THE FACTS [/bold]

Charles owns vast tracks of farmland heading into harvest. So does his mother and most of his aristo friends.

B/c of BREXIT there are no immigrants willing to Chunnel to Britain to do the picking.

The problem was not caused by COVID. It was exacerbated by it, but not initiated by it.

[italic]Dear HRH,

Please pay British citizens their minimum wage to harvest crops at your farms. Ensure safety procedures against COVID and close if your duchy experiences an outbreak. In that case, let the fruit rot.

Respectfully (not so much), British public[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2020 12:25 AM

Maybe Charles should get up off his (fat) ass, and pick some fruits to pay back the money he owes.

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2020 12:37 AM

To get British people (including Pakistani's) to pick crops you'd have to pay:

Minimum wage of about $11.00 per hour +pro rata holiday pay (5 weeks per year) + payroll tax of 14%.

Free accommodation and meals at a Travel Lodge ( Sort of low end Marriott )

Free transport to place of work.

I'd guess It'd come out about $30 an hour, it'd be cheaper to trash the crop.

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2020 12:46 AM

Orchard on fire!

by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2020 1:46 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2020 1:49 AM

I wouldn’t mind doing it if I was a teenager or in my 20s. But being older and a wonky back would not be a good fit for picking fruit.

by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2020 1:51 AM

It’s the perfect response from Charles, as its coming from someone who has been out of work their entire life.

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2020 1:58 AM

He's always so red. Does he tipple like his grand mum?

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2020 2:14 AM

Rosacea?

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2020 2:16 AM

No, alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2020 1:08 PM

I will never understand why the British feel the need to uphold such an outdated tradition. Especially, when the royal family has no class or shame.

by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2020 1:40 PM

[quote]What in the fuck is wrong with picking fruit?? It sounds like an easy and relaxing job

This was supposed to be a joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2020 1:44 PM

Are we talking orchards, grapes, berries, or what? Some would be easier to harvest than others.

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2020 2:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2020 2:07 PM

He really is hippy-dippy when it comes to gardening. I think he relates better to plants and trees than people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2020 2:11 PM

I be out picking cotton like my granny show'd me

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2020 2:15 PM

Nothing wrong with picking fruit. I'd do it part-time. Wouldn't it be a good job for teenagers?

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2020 2:18 PM

Just one more reason why the British should abolish the monarchy once Elizabeth II dies. What a completely out of touch moron! Why not give that advice to his younger son and his wife who are now out of work? Oh! Wait! They have gone off to find themselves, because their whole raison d'être proved too much for them. So let's decamp from the UK, move first to Canada, and then right before the borders are closed, let's decamp to LA, where we are living in a multi-million dollar home and doing nothing except for a photo op delivering meals to the homebound, and posting cutesy photos and videos of our firstborn, and celebrating our second wedding anniversary! All the while, being supported by Daddy, who is supported from land grants dating back centuries.

Yes. Let's all accept advice and wisdom from a 70 plus year old who has spent his entire life waiting around! This guy should be told to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 2:21 PM

He is an opinionated arsehole and he has been indulged all his life because of his position. It seems has touched a nerve with the red-faced, permanently angry Brexit mob. They wanted rid of the Eastern Europeans who provided cheap agricultural labour and got the crops in. They are gone now, and these lunatic xenophobes are facing the consequences of the omnishambles they voted for.

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2020 2:28 PM

R62 If you wanted to employ people under 18 to pick crops in the UK you'd need to:

Get written Parental consent.

Conduct a risk assessment (and report the results to the Parent and City Council)

Provide supervision.

Inform the City Council (who would need to inspect).

Limit working hours to 12 hours per week in term time and 25/35 hours per week in school holidays.

Not really worth the effort....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2020 2:37 PM

Thats the sort of attitude that got England through World War II. People banded together and did what was necessary. My grandmother who had never done anything for herself got a very nasty job at a hospital in London as a nurses helper. She did it to contribute and to prove to herself that she could handle almost anything. I asked her once if England could win a war now ( the 90s) and she said- 'absolutely not'. People are too lazy and entitled.

I think Prince Charles' comment is reflecting the values of an earlier generation. People deflect and say its racist and demeaning. But they just lack the desire to do whats necessary to survive.

by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2020 2:39 PM

I was just watching a thing about the Royal Family during WW2 and the Duke of Kent remembered how the tubs in Windsor Castle all had a big black line around the inside about 5 inches from the bottom and that's all the water you were allowed. There's no way that that would fly in today's Britain or America. Americans would dump thousands of gallons of water into the streets as a fuck you to any kind of reasonable restrictions. We've had it too good for too long and think that this is what life is supposed to be like.

by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2020 2:54 PM

R66 Those were very good values. It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 68May 22, 2020 3:04 PM

R67 The line on the tub wasn't to save water, it was to save the fuel needed to heat the water (gas/electric/coal).

If you wanted a cold bath you could fill it to the brim.

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2020 3:06 PM

R67 Well, we're currently all wearing masks and standing on taped lines six feet from each other.

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2020 3:07 PM

It's interesting how psychotic the racist anti-Meghan freaks are when they can't stop shifting the topic to Meghan and Harry and then bitching about THEM instead of Prince Charles stepping in it. That's totally sane behavior!

by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2020 3:22 PM

Can't the Turnip Toffs help out? They are country people.

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2020 4:26 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking, R71!

Somehow, all of Britain's troubles always comes back to Meghan. Got to blame it on someone, right? Why not the bi-racial person that they hate.

This comment in particular, annoyed me:

[quote] "DM Comment: Still can't say she doesn't plan ahead. Now living in LA, with no home of her own, a child, a husband with no job and that is basically unemployable with a wish list that even she doesn't know how she can afford. Good for them, wish them luck, hope I never hear about them again." —MAYBE CHARLES CAN EMPLOY LOW SKILL SON TO PICK FRUIT, R22

Typical of the British equivalent of MAGA/Deplorable trash fuckers.

They have nothing better to do than trash Meghan and Harry, all day long.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2020 6:10 PM

R27 - Because Charles means no harm and is not smart to understand how what he is saying comes across.

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2020 6:15 PM

He should go fruit picking and post a video of that. He doesn't have any work or any job to do either.

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2020 6:24 PM

R73 Hi Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2020 6:32 PM

R76 = Brexit/MAGA/Deplorable LOON.

All KKKut from the same KKKloth.

by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2020 6:36 PM

Don't ask me where I read this, but I vaguely remember reading something about Prince Charles having a hut or tiny cabin at Highgrove and apparently (think Camilla added this part), no one but absolutely no one is allowed in this tiny little hut. I would not be surprised if he uses that hut as a form of refuge, to "talk" to his grandmother. He is a funny lad that Charles for a royal - deeply spiritual, eco-friendly, immerses himself in classical music and 30s tunes by Bing Cosby because he freely admits it makes "feel better." For all the public display, I think he is essentially a bit of a loner. Maybe someone knows more about this hut or cabin I'm referring to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote] It's interesting how psychotic the racist anti-Meghan freaks are when they can't stop shifting the topic to Meghan and Harry and then bitching about THEM instead of Prince Charles stepping in it. That's totally sane behavior!

Criticism of Meghan and Harry is not all rooted in racism, R71. I mentioned them in my post above as examples of the wide gulf in experiencing this epidemic between Prince Charles and the vast majority of people. When Prince Charles developed symptoms of Covid-19, many reported on the non-discriminatory nature of the virus. Anyone could get it. What went underreported was his easy access to testing at the time. Also, he went to isolate at his estate in Scotland. Most who suffer from this dreadful disease are confined to one bedroom in their home or in a small apartment/flat. He had the luxury to choose from several estate residences, where he isolated himself in a wing of the residence and his wife in another wing. They could recuperate by walking acres of gardens without seeing a soul. That is as one poster here on The Date Lounge observed...undeserved privilege and unearned wealth in operation. That he should lecture the rest of us is galling!

When Meghan Markle married Harry, I couldn't believe that an example of what we admire here in America...a woman in her early to mid-thirties who is an independent, successful career woman...would want to marry into that family. Yes, as a romantic, I fell for the love story. We all want to find someone to love. Much criticism of her was rooted in racism. It was horrible to see her family's conflicts splashed across tabloids to sell those tabloids. Simple acts of hers, like her turning to shut a car door behind her, were suddenly applauded. What acts like that did was to underscore the undeserved privilege and unearned wealth that the family she married into enjoys!

I applauded them for wanting out. It's an American thing to want to pave your own road. Perhaps they looked to his philandering, good-for-nothing uncle and saw what might happen to them. Bravo. And I understand that they simply could not become Mr. and Mrs. Smith in BumFuck, Insert Country Here. But they traded a life of underserved privilege and unearned wealth with certain obligations for a life of underserved privilege and unearned wealth with no obligations. They live "in isolation" in a multi-million dollar compound paid for by his father's unearned wealth.

It is the system that should be faulted. It's 2020. Let's storm the palace! Off with their heads!

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2020 12:13 PM

R79 you can't have a reasoned discussion with the anti-Meghan freaks because their point of view is so rabid and unmoored in reality. Nuance is not useful when dealing with them. They will write 700-word posts on how awful she is, where every movement is picked apart in the worst way possible. They are not arguing, as you seem to be, from a point of "criticizing the royals". They are arguing with a mixture of racism, misogyny, and anti-Americanism.

Prince Charles, William, Kate and the Queen are probably regretting driving Harry and Meghan off to the point where they are hiding out in LA and trying not to give the tabloids any fuel.

It would be great PR for the Harry and his wife to be cheerfully picking crops. Without them providing cover for the rest of the Royals, billionaire Prince Charles's call to patriotism falls flat and causes people to question why, again, Britain still needs royals.

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2020 1:18 PM

[Quote]Prince Charles, William, Kate and the Queen are probably regretting driving Harry and Meghan off to the point where they are hiding out in LA and trying not to give the tabloids any fuel.

😂 Have you not heard that a friend of theirs is telling People magazine about the Sussexes' birthday and anniversary celebrations including details about their presents and Meghan's romantic re-creation of their Botswanan vacation surroundings in their garden. And releasing a photo (or was it video) of their anniversary celebrations complete with a TV screen in the background with a picture of the bride and groom at St. George's chapel...

That's decidedly not giving the tabloids fuel, right?

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2020 5:31 PM

R81 only to rabid anti-Meghan freaks is it "fuel" for the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2020 6:30 PM

I'm just waiting for the next Big Idea from ME!. You just know she's scheming 24/7 some harebrained scheme to get rick quick. Since her acting chops aren't quite on the scale of Judi Dench or Meryl Streep, expect a B-List project like the Kardashians. That is why you are seeing the "leaking" of these Harckle anniversary stories. It is to drum up continued interest in them, continued critiques, continued flattery, as long as people keep talking about them, that's the objective. Remind you of anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 23, 2020 6:34 PM

The irrational hatred for MM has one main origin. There is no other explanation for why these white fraus hate her with such intensity.

by Anonymousreply 84May 23, 2020 6:35 PM

The Meghan loonies have infested this thread. Muriel - please paywall this and close it.

by Anonymousreply 85May 23, 2020 6:36 PM

I was merely using R180's language:

[Quote]hiding out in LA and trying not to give the tabloids any fuel.

by Anonymousreply 86May 23, 2020 6:42 PM

R86 obviously I meant the British tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 87May 23, 2020 6:44 PM

When will the royals ever learn to never utter a fucking PEEP about what wirking class people “could” or “should” do? QEII gave a speech about that in the early 60s that caused such a backlash it was seen to have endangered the monarchy.

One must simply hold one’s tongue on such matters.

by Anonymousreply 88May 23, 2020 6:53 PM

No one can do that work today, because the population is filled with fat whores who won't work unless they get 9 hours of breaks a day and only have to push a button a few times for $50 an hour.

by Anonymousreply 89May 23, 2020 6:55 PM

^^^ Thank you autocorrect for not correcting wirking but for constantly “correcting” words I’ve actually spelled correctly.

by Anonymousreply 90May 23, 2020 6:55 PM

The post at r89 is an autobiographical work.

by Anonymousreply 91May 23, 2020 6:57 PM

What are Romanians like?

by Anonymousreply 92May 23, 2020 7:08 PM

R87 - The British tabloids synopsize People's reporting about the Sussexes. And permit commentary.

by Anonymousreply 93May 23, 2020 7:15 PM

The basic idea is sound enough, but Charles should not have been the one to float it. It should have been hinted at by a high-level politician, who had worked in a mention of it as a part of a national initiative to deal with both unemployment and food shortages. And it should have come with assurances that there is someone in government working on the associated transportation and housing issues.

Charles is a spoiled twat who lives in the most rarefied bubble in the world, after all, what the hell does he know about anyone working for a living.

by Anonymousreply 94May 23, 2020 9:35 PM

I have done it but not in the US. I was well paid with transit from the city provided. 7 hour day, water, lunch provided. I rather liked it.

by Anonymousreply 95May 23, 2020 9:45 PM

R79, I think you've been here long enough to know that anybody who attaches the dread term "RACIST" to his/her descriptions of those who criticize Meghan is just another shit-stirring troll, i.e., R71. Nice effort, but don't waste your energy.

by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2020 10:11 PM

R96 Lipstick Alley is scrambling to remove multiple threads about Hillary Duff and the suggestion that she is a child trafficking pedo. Google Twitter Lipstick Alley. It was trending the last two days. It's huge because it has reached mainstream media. Before that it was Dojacat and incels. All those threads were locked down or removed. It trended on Twitter. The next one apparently is going to be the Meghan Markle Unpopular Opinions thread. The over 1000 racist comments some classes as hate speech, altered pornagraphic images and the relationship between the anti Markle blog owners who they post as on Lipstick Alley and the UK media. The racism claim is undeniable and the legalities huge. Once it hits Twitter it's over.

by Anonymousreply 97May 23, 2020 10:29 PM

So that's why Hillary Duff baby are first on the Google search bar. Wait, are you saying the LSA women were racially motivated to spread the pedo rumors?

As far as the hate speech aspect from some of the anti-Markles, I'm not sure how it would be an issue for non-UK or at least US posters since hate speech isn't a crime here. It's against the T&Cs of Twitter and any legitimate website. They can remove posts on this basis (yeah, like Twitter does. They don't even remove tweets involving physical threats) and they can be sued for damages, but it's not a crime. However, if the hate speech is from a UK poster that's another matter.

by Anonymousreply 98May 23, 2020 10:44 PM

So I did Google LSA Hillary Duff and Twitter. 😲, what shit show! QAnon has inadvertently joined forces with LSA? Do they know it's black site? What a bizarro world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 99May 23, 2020 10:51 PM

picking fruit and vegetables is back breaking work, plus they need people to work 9 hours a day six days a week as its seasonal work, the crop needs to be got in quickly before it begins to rot, none of this part time shit. The places advertising in Britain don't offer free accommodation either, they charge £50 a week, and people would still be paying for their permanent address as well, all on a minimum wage. It just isn't worth the effort and hassle for most British people who are on furlough or welfare. Charles seems to think that people should do it for the honour or as part of some national effort to feed the country but those values of duty, service and sacrifice are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 100May 23, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote] Why does Meghan take money from the royals if they're such awful people?

True grifters don't care where they get their money. She is devoid of conscience and scruples.

by Anonymousreply 101May 23, 2020 11:15 PM

No one wants to hear what Charles has to say. NO ONE !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 23, 2020 11:37 PM

R101 yes, you know a lot about someone you never met and have a strange fixation on. I'm sure you are very sane and not at all racist!

by Anonymousreply 103May 24, 2020 12:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!