Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Baptiste on PBS Mystery

Did anyone watch this limited series? It just concluded. I have a spoiler question maybe you can help me with.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 1:37 AM

OK, in the final episode a Romanian thug with an ax breaks into the Europol gal’s apartment and seems to walk into her bedroom. As he stepped into the apartment one of her tchotchkes on a nearby wall unit fell or got displaced. Hours later when the gal got home she noticed the tchotchke not being in its proper place. But the thug seemed to have just gone away. What the hell happened? Thanks in advance for your answer.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 2:41 PM

I think what happened was the intruder got a phone call on his cell before she returned to her apt. The phone call was about calling off the revenge killing and the hunt for the English guy--I've already forgotten why--so the intruder just left. He walked out the french door and left it open, just so she'd still know he had been there and feel threatened but for the moment she was safe.

I really liked this show although it was confusing at times.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 3:56 PM

(More) they didn't show a phone call, the revenge killing stuff being dropped was explained later so it's just what I assume happened.

When I started watching this, I thought it was going to be a two or three-episode mystery. Every week, it seemed to be near to the end and then something else would crop up. And still the ending (when Baptiste figures out who the bad guy is) seemed rushed because I don't remember any scene in a gas station bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Thanks, R2/R3!

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 4:58 PM

Hah, R3, I definitely remember the gas station bathroom scene with Nils and Baptiste because I peeked on Wiki for spoilers so already knew Nils was the mole and I was paying close attention to how he was behaving.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 5:00 PM

I thought Nils was a bad guy a few episodes from the end because they'd basically eliminated everyone else except his mother and the Interpol woman.

There's another series. This was the first one I believe.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 5:41 PM

R6, another one is planned but who knows when they’ll get around to shooting it. You do know Baptiste was in two seasons of a series called The Missing, right? It’s absolutely brilliant. They were shown on Starz here, I think. I highly recommend everyone renting it on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 8:50 PM

BTW, anyone know what happened to the Victoria and Indian Summers series? Neither one came to what could be considered a reasonable conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 9:39 PM

I started to watch the first episode of The Missing --a little boy was with his father in a crowd and he just disappeared--and it was too heart-wrenching, too real. I could watch it if it were an adult, or even a teenager, but not a little kid. But I like the Baptiste character and his British wife.

Indian Summers, oh god that was a mess. The characters were all over the place, no consistency.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 12:40 AM

I really hate this show. I jump for the remote.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote] a little boy was with his father in a crowd and he just disappeared--and it was too heart-wrenching, too real.

He lived.

The reason why I hate this show is its repeated animal cruelty/murder.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 1:04 AM

The finale of Season 1 of The Missing was particularly bleak. The whereabouts of the boy was never firmly established. I thought the second season was better. Keely Hawes was fantastic as the missing girl’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!