Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF?!!! Britain bulk buys Hydroxycloroquine tablets: 16 million tablets for 35 million pounds

What's the point? Because Boris believes Trump?

Assholes. All of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2020 10:48 PM

Is this drug made in China? Is production of drugs like this why productions of other drugs has fallen off? I've been on a BP medication for at least 10 years that works just fine, and now it's in short supply so I had to be put on something different, which isn't working as well. If this is the kind of fallout we'll see from Trump stumping HCQ, then he deserves to be kicked in the gash. Hard.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 1:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 1:46 PM

"The gash"? Thanks r1 but transphobic comments are not necessary on the subject of covid-19 medicines, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 1:48 PM

R3 that is not transphobic you utter fuckface.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 1:51 PM

I am perplexed by these trials. I recall planned tests of hydroxychloroquine on front-line health workers as a prophylactic in Australia and the UK announced months ago and assumed they were underway. Apparently, they’re just starting. Tick Tock, people!

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 1:51 PM

Boris is hoping to cut off Trump's supply, just in case they work.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 2:00 PM

I hope they're not about to start testing it on frontline health workers in Australia, R5, because there are only 41 cases left in hospital nationally, and only 9 of them are in ICU.

(Fingers crossed that the easing of restrictions that started this week won't give the trials a better opportunity.)

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 2:06 PM

Does this mean that every country is going to do a run on Hydroxycloroquine?

Genuinely why is this happening?

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 2:17 PM

Trump invested in hydroxychloroquine. Maybe Boris did too. Somebody’s got to be flogging it. Remember, insiders in Congress were given a heads up and sold off all their stock. Now they’ve bought this. Somebody who’s an insider pushed it as the next great thing and probably told people there would be a run on it. So they bought it and now there is a run on it. But it’s fairly likely it won’t work according to trials so far. Meanwhile people who can’t get their prescriptions actually are at risk.

I hope all this gets revealed by Biden’s administration.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 2:34 PM

£2 a pill? That's piracy theft extortion whatever.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 2:37 PM

Somebody HAS to do a deep dive on whether Boris has investments in it too.

I mean, this is becoming ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 2:39 PM

I work in the NHS, and it’s too little, too late. I haven't been been offered testing for COVID19 despite having face to face contact with patients on a daily basis. I believe there will be a massive scandal when the true extent of deaths of staff and residents in hospitals and care homes becomes clearer.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 2:49 PM

It's true. They're starting a trial on the NHS frontline workers.

Is that the best group to start on a drug that causes mass death from heart attacks?

I mean really, wtf is that REALLY the population one wants to start it on?

WHY are they doing this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 2:51 PM

Sucking up to Trump. Hard.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 2:53 PM

It has to be that, r14.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 2:55 PM

Meanwhile, Boris ADMITTED that the NHS saved his life.

But now he's putting them at risk with a 10,000 strong NHS frontline worker Hydroxycloroquine test?

WHAT a fucking ASSHOLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 2:59 PM

Boris puts Drumph over the NHS workers.

Two of a kind.

Fuck them both.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 3:02 PM

Again, why are they doing this? We NEED the NHS to be healthy. Why are giving the NHS, of all people, this poison?

Is this some kind of ... I don't dare say it.

But - WHY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 3:08 PM

"What about us? If everyone buys the drug, we can't get our treatment?"

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Yes, but this drug is out of patent and so, fairly cheap, r19.

There must be something else behind it.

Any of our DL Detectives around? What's the angle here?

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 3:21 PM

Sorry, r19 - I misread.

You're right. What ABOUT their treatment?

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2020 3:22 PM

There is some evidence that HCQ can be used to prevent a new infection. It may be more effective when combined with azithromycin. Duke, Henry Ford and private companies are doing some well designed trials to see if this is the case.

My gut tells me it won’t work, but it would be amazing if taking a small dose of the drug could prevent Infection. The drug (despite all of the media scrutiny) is very safe. Taking it as part of a trial, where the subjects are closely monitored, is safer than some Joe Schmo taking it on his own.

I think trump has access to preliminary data showing it’s effective. I doubt he has financial gain from the medication, but how can anyone know for sure?

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote]The drug (despite all of the media scrutiny) is very safe. Taking it as part of a trial, where the subjects are closely monitored, is safer than some Joe Schmo taking it on his own.

Yes. Complications are rare in healthy people and close monitoring, as will take place here, will virtually eliminate them.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2020 3:41 PM

Also, keep in mind thousands of people take reasonable doses of the drug with no problem. When high doses are administered to the critically ill, death ensues. I think it is unwise to politicize the drug. We should all hope for an inexpensive, effective drug. If it actually works, Trump will be insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2020 3:43 PM

It's extremely DANGEROUS, r22, r23, and r24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2020 3:46 PM

Listen, you crazy Brits, we in the US are relying on you not to be as stupid as we are. You will need to re-establish international order after Trump breaks it through corruption and theft; incompetence; petulance; and malevolence. Don’t fuck up - like this!

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2020 3:47 PM

EXACTLY! Thank you, Pierre.

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote]It's extremely DANGEROUS

Yes, as your link cautions, it should not be used for outpatient treatment to prevent or manage covid-19. But 1) it is being introduced in Britain in a hospital setting/clinical trial, and b) millions of people around the world have used hydroxychloroquine without incident as an anti-malarial, lupus or arthritis drug.

Virtually all drugs -- including aspirin -- are extremely DANGEROUS to someone or another.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2020 3:56 PM

Fuck YOU r28.

Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2020 3:59 PM

The argument that really cracks me up is, “if it’s safe for RA and lupus, that proves it’s safe.” Ha!

Look at the drugs available for these conditions. They are all toxic. RA is a chronic inflammation of the body and if left untreated, can not only go after joints, but attack organs, even the eyes and ears. These types of diseases unchecked can do irreversible harm in just a few days. Doctors will give these people anything they have to stop it and get it in remission. That doesn’t mean it’s harmless.

I know someone that takes methotrexate for RA, a common treatment. Methotrexate is a chemotherapy drug. Think that’s harmless? It’s toxic as hell. She has to have her liver checked every month. If she gets liver failure, they have to take her off it, but then what? They all have liver failure as a side effect. She’s been taking it for years. She has vision loss. And completely lost her night vision, color blindness, tinnitus and severe hearing loss, her hair started falling out. Diarrhea, frequent intermittent vomiting, irritability, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, tremors, all known side effects. She literally has all these symptoms. None of her doctors paid any attention to the known side effects and just treated all but the most well known side effects as separate illnesses, but they aren’t. ALL the drugs in this group have similar side effects to varying degrees.

Prednisone causes water retention and massive weight gain and can damage the heart. Enbrel is thousands of dollars a month and has severe side effects. Most insurance doesn’t cover it. These are drugs for people that are so sick they’ll take anything.

The side effects from hydroxychloroquine are the same as the methotrexate side effects I described above. I’ve actually seen these effects on a person. You don’t want this to happen to you.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2020 4:04 PM

Hydroxychloroquine side effects:

Blood and lymphatic system disorders : Bone marrow failure, anemia, aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia. Hemolysis reported in individuals with glucose-6- phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficiency.

Cardiac disorders : Cardiomyopathy which may result in cardiac failure and in some cases a fatal outcome (see WARNINGS and OVERDOSAGE). PLAQUENIL prolongs the QT interval. Ventricular arrhythmias and torsade de pointes have been reported in patients taking PLAQUENIL (see OVERDOSAGE and DRUG INTERACTIONS).

Ear and labyrinth disorders : Vertigo, tinnitus, nystagmus, nerve deafness, deafness.

Eye disorders : Irreversible retinopathy with retinal pigmentation changes (bull's eye appearance), visual field defects (paracentral scotomas) and visual disturbances (visual acuity), maculopathies (macular degeneration), decreased dark adaptation, color vision abnormalities, corneal changes (edema and opacities) including corneal deposition of drug with or without accompanying symptoms (halo around lights, photophobia, blurred vision).

Gastrointestinal disorders : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.

General disorders and administration site conditions : Fatigue.

Hepatobiliary disorders : Liver function tests abnormal, hepatic failure acute.

Immune system disorders : Urticaria, angioedema, bronchospasm

Metabolism and nutrition disorders : Decreased appetite, hypoglycemia, porphyria, weight decreased.

Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders : Sensorimotor disorder, skeletal muscle myopathy or neuromyopathy leading to progressive weakness and atrophy of proximal muscle groups, depression of tendon reflexes and abnormal nerve conduction.

Nervous system disorders : Headache, dizziness, seizure, ataxia and extrapyramidal disorders such as dystonia, dyskinesia, and tremor have been reported with this class of drugs.

Psychiatric disorders : Affect/emotional lability, nervousness, irritability, nightmares, psychosis, suicidal behavior.

Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders : Rash, pruritus, pigmentation disorders in skin and mucous membranes, hair color changes, alopecia. Dermatitis bullous eruptions including erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis, drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS syndrome), photosensitivity, dermatitis exfoliative, acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP). AGEP has to be distinguished from psoriasis, although PLAQUENIL may precipitate attacks of psoriasis. It may be associated with pyrexia and hyperleukocytosis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Thank you for posting this, r30. People need to understand that treatments like Hydroxycloroquine can be deadly.

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2020 4:06 PM

OMG- Also thank you SO much, r31.

PREACH>>>>>

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2020 4:08 PM

Some people are to stupid to breathe. Trump haters can be just as insufferable as trump supporters.

“But SOME drugs require monitoring and fry your liver!!!!!”

There’s a reason we do clinical trials: to see if a drug is safe and effective. Just because trump supports something doesn’t make it wrong. I hate trump, but won’t let that stop me from using my brain from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2020 4:09 PM

One more thing regarding R31’s link - the adverse event rate is so low that it’s not even reported.

HCQ is used for prophylaxis for malaria. That means that HEALTY people take it to PREVENT malaria. Perhaps healthy people can use it to prevent SARS-CoV-2 as well. We will have to wait for study results.

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2020 4:14 PM

Fuck you, r34.

We KNOW it's wrong already.

Are you denying the science?

"People who take his advice may die"

FUCK YOU

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2020 4:14 PM

R22 The way you talk out of both sides of your mouth is impressive. Below you will find something we call a "Link". It is good to provide them when asserting facts not in evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2020 4:15 PM

R36,

I’m not advocating for some rando to take it, you imbecile. I’m in support of testing it.

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2020 4:16 PM

QWEEN OWNS at r37!

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote] Senegal is in a good position because its Covid-19 response planning began in earnest in January, as soon as the first international alert on the virus went out. The government closed the borders, initiated a comprehensive plan of contact tracing and, because it is a nation of multiple-occupation households, offered a bed for every single coronavirus patient in either a hospital or a community health facility.

[quote] As a result, this nation of 16 million people has had only 30 deaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2020 4:18 PM

Bring back Quaaludes and all will be well.

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2020 4:18 PM

You're in favour of Trump, at r38?

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2020 4:18 PM

R37,

Based on what I wrote, you should be able to do an internet search on

Hydroxychloroquine trial Henry Ford Hydroxychloroquine trial Duke

and find your own links.

Helpful hint, CNN reported on both studies yesterday.

Lazy ass

by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2020 4:18 PM

Another Trumptard Putin-ite at r43

by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2020 4:20 PM

Look at half this thread and TELL ME that Russian trolls aren't real

by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2020 4:26 PM

R45, R40 is no Russian troll

by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2020 4:28 PM

Publicity around the drug hydroxychloroquine spiked this week when President Trump revealed that he's taking it to prevent COVID-19.

All the attention on the drug in recent months is increasingly spilling into science and making it harder for some researchers to actually study whether the drug has potential for COVID-19.

Doctors have used hydroxychloroquine for decades to treat autoimmune conditions and to prevent malaria. But back and forth headlines and the ongoing political wrangling seemed to make people wary of the medication. At Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, cardiologist Dr. William O'Neill says enrollment for their clinical trial studying hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19 plummeted in late April.

"It really caused a huge problem for us," O'Neill says. "It set us back probably a month."

O'Neill says the fact that President Trump is touting this drug means it now has become a political flashpoint.

"It has made people absolutely committed to proving him wrong," he says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2020 4:30 PM

Trump's buddy in Brazil is falling in line after Boris.

This is fucking disastrous.

What does this mean for...the World?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 21, 2020 4:34 PM

R47’s article confirms every argument I made.

by Anonymousreply 49May 21, 2020 4:40 PM

What it means, r48, is that everyone in Brazil will die too.

by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2020 5:14 PM

Interesting that R45 did not deny being a Trumptard.

Apparently his feeble old mind is technically incapable of posting a link. Fuck you man. I back up what I say and your the one who’s either lazy or inept. Nobody gives a rat’s ass what you think, feel or what your gut tells you. Your power of deduction is questionable at best and your commentary is somniferous.

Since you are touting the opinion piece at R37 as a vindication for your rambling, let’s consider this gem:

“ Based on what I wrote, you should be able to do an internet search “

If you weren’t so busy masturbating to your VHS copies of the apprentice you would have done a more comprehensive search yourself. Then you wouldn’t be making asinine comments like:

“I doubt he has financial gain from the medication, but how can anyone know for sure?”

Bwah Ha Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 51May 21, 2020 5:49 PM

R51 has issues. The most obvious are spelling, grammar and reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2020 5:53 PM

r51 Listens to Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 53May 21, 2020 6:00 PM

About hydrochloroquine being “harmless,” these drugs are prescribed for very sick people. Many of them have long term serious conditions and need to take drugs for the rest of their lives to stay in remission. These drug side effects are not mild. But there’s no alternative. Knowing you’re risking liver damage doesn’t mean you’re going to be fine with the alternative of being in constant severe pain, losing the ability to walk or work, or becoming more housebound every year.

People don’t suffer from these drug side effects because they’re already sick. They suffer from the side effects because that’s the drug. Any person can suffer from these side effects. Being generally healthy or having a different illness has nothing to do with whether you’re going to have side effects.

As far as whether drugs are “safe,” that’s relative. Are they safer than going untreated? For some people, they could be. But those are seriously ill people. Anyone who thinks taking chemotherapy drugs is “safe” or harmless, I have a bridge I’d like to sell you. But the alternative is worse.

Who is affected by side effects? Could be anyone.

by Anonymousreply 54May 21, 2020 6:11 PM

That’s your best? Just like a Trumptard. So tell me which word was misspelled?

Oh wait! Now your combing through my posts rather than arguing your point. Look at what I have reduced you to.

By the way. Nobody buys your bullshit “I hate trump too” utterances. Your writing is not only bad, it is also transparent.

Be a man and stand up for what you believe in for once. I bet you go through the rest of your life in the same milquetoast manner.

I’m done with you.

by Anonymousreply 55May 21, 2020 6:13 PM

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are currently being given to some confirmed positive, hospitalized COVID-19 patients who have severe symptoms plus one or more risk factors. These critically ill patients might already be on a ventilator to assist breathing. They have been evaluated to make sure they have no pre-existing medical conditions that would exclude them from taking the drugs. Once the patient is approved, the drugs are dispensed from the Strategic National Stockpile.

Patients are connected to continuous heart monitors and also get serial electrocardiograms (electrical monitoring of the heart) to look for abnormal heart rhythms before they become life-threatening. Some people have had to be taken off chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine therapies because the healthcare team found that they were developing one of these dangerous heart rhythms.

Additionally, a patient who is sedated and on a ventilator cannot be assessed for other serious side effects of the drugs, such as changes in vision and hearing, neuropsychiatric events, and intense nausea.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have major drug interactions with other medicines that can put a person at an even greater risk of an abnormal heart rhythm. For example, a commonly used antibiotic, azithromycin, is also being investigated for a possible benefit in treating COVID-19, but it has a known major drug interaction with chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.

Whenever a new drug is to be added, the risk versus benefit of a person's existing therapy must be re-evaluated. In some cases, usual medications can be stopped temporarily, and chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine could be started.

In other cases, it would be harmful to stop usual medications, and chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine could not be used. Each situation is different and has to be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 21, 2020 6:34 PM

R55

I believe in science and medicine. I believe in proper grammar.

I don’t trust politicians or lawyers. As a group, they have proven themselves to be out only for themselves. It doesn’t matter if they call themselves Democrats or Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 57May 21, 2020 7:20 PM

R45 my most sincere apologies

[quote] Interesting that [R45] did not deny being a Trumptard.

[quote] IApparently his feeble old mind is technically incapable of posting a link. Fuck you man. I back up what I say and your the one who’s either lazy or inept. Nobody gives a rat’s ass what you think, feel or what your gut tells you. Your power of deduction is questionable at best and your commentary is somniferous.

[quote] ISince you are touting the opinion piece at [R37] as a vindication for your rambling, let’s consider this gem:

[quote] I“ Based on what I wrote, you should be able to do an internet search “

[quote] IIf you weren’t so busy masturbating to your VHS copies of the apprentice you would have done a more comprehensive search yourself. Then you wouldn’t be making asinine comments like:

[quote] I“I doubt he has financial gain from the medication, but how can anyone know for sure?”

[quote] IBwah Ha Ha ha!

All that was for R49

by Anonymousreply 58May 21, 2020 7:25 PM

So, you backed off on the spelling claim. I’m not surprised, bitch. Bet you spent some time on it though. I can just see your nelly ass whispering to no one “I’ve got him now. I’ll prove he misspelled.” Almost getting in trouble as the millennial boss dropped by your cubicle to check on the dead weight.

Your “they’re all bad” philosophy is bedrock principle for the trumptards. It’s quite the tell.

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2020 9:03 PM

Dude- you have a bunch of spelling errors and I’m not going back to find them. You also said I endorsed some posts that I never did. You clearly have severe deficiencies.

I don’t have a boss.

If it interests you, you can look at my old posts on other threads and see how much I make. I’m very secure about my career and financial situation.

by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote] Dude- you have a bunch of spelling errors and I’m not going back to find them.

Wrong! And you know it.

[quote] You also said I endorsed some posts that I never did.

Right! <---------------------(See, that is what people with self confidence do. Admit when they are wrong..)

[quote] I don’t have a boss.

Doubtful. You write like someone who doesn't get a lot of respect IRL. Your posting pattern suggest full cubicle sloth complete with birthday cakes.

[quote] If it interests you, you can look at my old posts on other threads and see how much I make.

Oh! What a surprise. This is probably your most telling post because it shows that you really need people on this anonymous message board to respect you. They don't.

The reason I am calling you out on all this BS is that you won't stand up for what you believe in. You wanna defend your hero? Be a man and own it. Really. I would respect you more You are so quick to call people names that don't agree with you: Pathetic, imbecile, the list goes on. Do you really not see how immature this makes you look? I guess what really grinds my gears is that you are not uncommon. The Walmart's of the world are filled with little bossy queens like you who constantly have to prove they are not less than. People who don't want to engage those who disagree with them because they are scared. Scared because their insecurity is justified.

Thoughtful confident people can debate rationally. Attitude and name calling. That is what you bring to the table. You can just stay at that table please. The grown ups are talking.

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2020 6:33 PM

Ok R61,

This is my last response to you.

The errors I found in you last post:

1- There should not be an apostrophe before the s in Walmart.

2- The second “sentence” in your third paragraph is not a sentence. There is no verb.

In general, you type uneducated.

You were triggered that I said HQC is worth investigating in clinical trials. If Duke, Columbia and Henry Ford agree with me, and a DLEG troll doesn’t, I am okay with that

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend, sir!!

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2020 9:31 PM

^^HCQ

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote] Also, keep in mind thousands of people take reasonable doses of the drug with no problem.

You are full of shit. You are so full of it that shit is literally coming out of your mouth. You know nothing, but have a PhD from Google

New research of nearly 100,000 Covid-19 patients was published in medical journal, The Lancet. Results revealed it raised the risk of coronavirus patients dying by up to 45%

Now research of nearly 100,000 Covid-19 patients, published in prestigious medical journal The Lancet, has cast further doubt over the drug's efficacy.

As well as uncovering hydroxychloroquine had no benefit for coronavirus patients, results showed it raised the risk of death by up to 45%. And Covid-19 patients taking the drug were up to five times more likely to develop a life-threatening arrhythmia - a known complication

Experts at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, analysed data from 96,032 hospitalised Covid-19 patients spanning six continents. Around 5,000 of the infected were either given hydroxychloroquine or its derivative chloroquine. Another 10,000 were given hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine alongside two other promising drugs, antibiotics azithromycin or clarithromycin. Data from those four groups was then compared against a control sample of 81,000 Covid-19 patients, who were given other medications.

Analysis showed one in 11 patients in the control group died in hospital - at a rate of 9.3%. In comparison, 18% of patients given hydroxychloroquine succumbed to the illness. The rate was 16% among the chloroquine group. When the two drugs were used in combination with one of the antibiotics, the death rate rose to almost a quarter of patients (23.8%).

* * ** Many of the sickest patients - whose risk of dying is higher - are given the drugs as a last-ditch resort. But when other factors known to raise the risk of death were included - such as age, race, BMI and co-morbidities - the drugs still increased the risk of dying by between 34 and 45% * * * *.

Lead author Dr Mandeep Mehra said: 'This is the first large scale study to find statistically robust evidence that treatment with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine does not benefit patients with Covid-19. (does NOT, I repeat DOES NOT FUCKING BENEFIT COVID PATIENTS)

* * * * * * *'Instead, our findings suggest it may be associated with an increased risk of serious heart problems and increased risk of death. * * * * * * * *

'Randomised clinical trials are essential to confirm any harms or benefits associated with these agents. 'It is clear that the drugs should not be given for treatment of Covid-19 other than in the context of a randomised trial. 'IT MIGHT EVEN BE SAID TO GO ON GIVING HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE OTHER THAN IN CLINICAL TRIALS IS UNETHICAL.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote] You are full of shit. You are so full of it that shit is literally coming out of your mouth. You know nothing, but have a PhD from Google

Nice R64 You nailed it. You won't get a response from her. She had to go get her leftover cheesecake out of the refrigerator in the break room before the cleaning staff threw it away. There will be more opportunities on Tuesday to surf the web on her employers dime.

Girl, I've got your number.

by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2020 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!