Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lori Laughlin and her husband to plead guilty. She will serve two months in jail.

They just talked about it on the Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2020 10:33 PM

Bullshit. She’s gonna get more time tacked on for bad behavior and crimes committed while in the clink and wind up dying in prison 30 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 1:25 PM

Aunt Becky is a jailbird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 1:37 PM

They went from being framed to pleading guilty?

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 1:38 PM

Lori

2 months prison

$150k fine

2 years supervised release

100 hours community service

Mossimo

5 months prison

$250k fine

2 years supervised release

250 hours community service

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 1:41 PM

////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 1:42 PM

What the fuck?? the fines are less than they paid to get their spawn in USC? What a crock of shit -

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 1:46 PM

Well, I guess that's something. How much did Felicity get again?

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 1:55 PM

14 days. She spent 11 in jail.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 1:56 PM

Corona virus is ripping through prisons at the moment. Pray for her.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 2:01 PM

I'm sure Lori will be comforted while in jail by frequent visits from her sweet, adorable daughters.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 2:23 PM

They will convert it into home confinement due to Covid-19

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 2:29 PM

Prison? Lol. County jail is where they will go and it will be a cake walk.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 2:33 PM

They should have pleaded early like Felicity did and it would all be over.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 2:33 PM

She and her nasty husband are just awful people. I hope they are shunned and for the rest of their lives

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 2:33 PM

I think they had a lot of confidence that their expensive lawyers were going to get them off.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 2:36 PM

They should have pleaded early like Felicity did and it would all be over.

Agreed; she demonstrated humility, took her punishment & now presumably can put it behind her.

Wonder why the hubby got more time than Lori? Is it because he's man-pretty & will be a jailhouse favorite?

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 2:40 PM

Here's her plea agreement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 2:42 PM

I'm shocked she didn't get some bullshit 'home confinement' sentence and have IT cut short.

Her lawyer must hate her.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 2:46 PM

That's, like, 20 years in Wealthy White Woman time.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 2:48 PM

Has Olive Jade weighed in on this? Has she introduced her new line of "Prison Bitch Essentials" by Sephora?

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 2:52 PM

I’ve gone from Full House to the Big House.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2020 3:00 PM

We must petition Trump for a pardon immediately!

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]Has Olive Jade weighed in on this? Has she introduced her new line of "Prison Bitch Essentials" by Sephora?

She's going to review all the available prisons and recommend the best one.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2020 3:28 PM

Yet that fucking blatant grifting criminal and his clan in the White House gets a free pass . Like I ever gave a shit about this "scandal" . No one I ever talked about it with gave a flying monkey fart either. Just who was supposed to be all outraged over this non issue ???

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2020 3:29 PM

I almost started a duplicate thread because OP spelled her name wrong. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2020 3:36 PM

R24 People applying to college, people in college and people who have attended college are often interested in this story.

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2020 4:43 PM

For the kind of money they blew in this stupid caper, they could have made a direct donation to USC with the stipulation, tacit or otherwise, that their daughters get matriculated.

Dumbasses!

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2020 4:49 PM

Quite good timing, as everyone is being released because of the Corona.

House Arrest, like we are ALL on now. WATCH.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2020 5:12 PM

Of course. That's why they pled. No jail time at all. Real assholes.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2020 5:21 PM

Federal prison?

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2020 5:35 PM

Nobody goes to “prison” for two months, federal or otherwise. Anything under a year and you go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2020 7:00 PM

R31, that was before the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2020 7:18 PM

No, that’s not what. I meant, r32.

Pre- or peri- or post-pandemic, nobody goes to prison for under one year. They go to a jail.

Prison is for felons serving a longer sentence.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2020 7:25 PM

We all knew this disgusting Trumpie Cunt and her Target clothes designer would get a slap on the wrist.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2020 7:25 PM

I’m kind of sad about this. I was looking forward to her humiliation by jury trial.

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2020 7:27 PM

You guys nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2020 7:29 PM

Serving two to five months in jail?

In other words, the adjudication of a case involving white rich people.

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2020 7:45 PM

So between what they paid to get the dummy accepted, their fines and attorneys' fees and costs this has cost them what, about $2M?

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2020 8:13 PM

A lot of $$ to make their daughters not look like idiots.

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2020 8:23 PM

Has Olive Jade weighed in on this? Has she introduced her new line of "Prison Bitch Essentials" by Sephora? She's going to review all the available prisons and recommend the best one.

Will that be on YELP?

by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2020 8:27 PM

R33: The Feds do not have "jails." To house her in a jail, they would have to pay some county or district to house her in its jail. She will be in some sort of Federal "camp," just like Felicity was.

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2020 8:43 PM

I'm kind of surprised they didn't hold out for a jury trial. All they needed was 1 juror to vote not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote] Prison? Lol. County jail is where they will go and it will be a cake walk.

[quote] The Feds do not have "jails." To house her in a jail, they would have to pay some county or district to house her in its jail. She will be in some sort of Federal "camp," just like Felicity was.

You don't go to County jail for a federal crime.

R41, there is such a thing as a "federal detention centers." I'm guessing they're for pre-trial detainees. A friend of mine did 6 months (sentence) in a federal detention center. So, I guess the FDCs are also for people with relatively short sentences.

by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote] I'm kind of surprised they didn't hold out for a jury trial. All they needed was 1 juror to vote not guilty.

Same. I wonder what changed their mind to fight it.

by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2020 10:23 PM

Overwhelming evidence that even a blind juror would see like the sun?

by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2020 10:29 PM

Saw a news clip of her with her gay, plastic husband today and she finally, FINALLY looked a shade remorseful. She didn’t have that stupid TGIF ABC Family Hour smile plastered across her face. Knowing her, though, she feels sorry for herself and doesn’t actually feel bad about breaking the law.

Wonder if the cunt daughters will visit them in jail. Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2020 10:30 PM

How much of a punishment did that poor mother get again?

The one that said her daughter resides in her ex-husband’s school district so she could ensure the daughter didn’t have to go to the shitty, violent school in their own district?

by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2020 10:49 PM

They finally got real. Everyone has been found guilty, no one is walking away. With Covid getting everyone out early, they figured they should go for it instead of taking their chances with a jury.

This is a recommendation. The judge will probably accept it but could modify it if he/she finds it unacceptable for any reason.

by Anonymousreply 48May 21, 2020 11:04 PM

Just watched NBC news and the legal analyst said it is likely that she won't spend a day in jail due to the Covid crisis

by Anonymousreply 49May 21, 2020 11:06 PM

She probably pleaded guilty because her legal bills were mounting up and it was cheaper to end it. Just think how much more she paid her lawyers than did Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2020 11:08 PM

I think she took the deal b/c she can now do house arrest. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 51May 21, 2020 11:14 PM

I wonder if anyone will hire her now?

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2020 11:16 PM

For every day she spends in the slammer she will struggle to salvage her wholesome image but there are plenty of roles out there playing conniving women. Lori was too bland to play those roles, but ultimately since her crimes were not of a violent nature I think she'll wait it out and see if people forget. The bigger problem regarding her image is her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2020 3:38 AM

Mmm, Aunt Becky, come to Momma!

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2020 3:52 AM

They only did it now hoping to get less jail time because of corona

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2020 4:06 AM

Being locked up at home with their cunt daughters would be worse than jail.

by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2020 12:50 PM

Who makes the decision about whether or not they actually go to prison or not? The Judge? I would think he/she would be on to them.

by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2020 3:26 PM

JFC they’re not going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2020 3:42 PM

Lori didn’t go to college. Maybe she can earn a degree through an in-prison community college education program!

by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Done and official...Lori Loughlin is a Felon, she and husband have plead guilty in college admissions scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2020 7:34 PM

Kinda sad, not for her, but the attitude that money can buy anything. Where were the parents that fought to raise a good person who worked to achieve something in their life. I thought parents wanted the best for their kids, I know mine did and they supported my weaknesses as well as my strengths. These girls were raised with no substance and then handed more and more without earning any of it. This wasn't just a dumb mistake, this was a calculated move to bypass those that did the work and deserved their place in that university. They will be deemed disgraces for years to come. For what?

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2020 9:40 PM

Now that all is said and done, at least Lori and Mr. Lori wanted / valued college educations for their daughters. (Even though one of the daughters didn't even want to go to college.) Compare that to Cindy Crawford and these other celebrity mom-ager types, pushing their children into fields that involve fame. IMO, Cindy Crawford's daughter looks anorexic and unwell, plus she was dating Pete from SNL. Time to step back and work on the basics.

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2020 9:58 PM

r44, the fact that there are no jury trials now, and that when they could get one, they would like stop letting people finish sentences under house arrest. They are going to be under house arrest.

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote]Now that all is said and done, at least Lori and Mr. Lori wanted / valued college educations for their daughters.

Did they valued college educations for their daughters or did they value the prestige that people believed their daughters had college educations. Felicity Huffman made one stupid mistake and thought twice about the other but they had tutors for their girls to try and excel. She valued college educations for their daughters.

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2020 10:27 PM

Agreed R64. you only have to look at the sets of daughters to see whixh parents valued education. The Loris wanted to brag.

What a waste of a private school education.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2020 11:03 PM

I feel bad for Felicity Huffman. She grew up wealthy but it seems like she actually worked for her career and she has humility from having been rejected based on her appearance for a long time. I feel like she got snookered and her desire to help her kids got the better of her.

Lori seems like...well, the mean pretty girl who would make a living playing the nice pretty girl in hokey sitcoms and Hallmark movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2020 11:11 PM

I read somewhere that the child that Felicity Huffman was trying to help has a learning disability. It doesn't excuse it, but it does help to understand a little what happened.

by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2020 11:59 PM

Lori needs to get stomped on the minute she steps behind those bars. I'd sacrifice a testicle to see it.

by Anonymousreply 68May 23, 2020 12:01 AM

Felicity wasn't trying to get her daughter falsely into college, she was trying to get her daughter more time for the SATS because of her learning disabilty.

by Anonymousreply 69May 23, 2020 2:31 AM

R69 the proctor was paid to correct her test IIRC

by Anonymousreply 70May 23, 2020 3:13 AM

What purpose does it serve to put her on jail?

Make her do something useful for underprivileged peoples.

by Anonymousreply 71May 23, 2020 3:38 AM

i dislike those two with a pAssion, but i wish my parents could do the same. X_x

by Anonymousreply 72May 23, 2020 3:42 AM

Honestly, I still don’t see what they did as criminal. Maybe a little shady, but nothing worse than many others

by Anonymousreply 73May 23, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote]I feel bad for Felicity Huffman. She grew up wealthy but it seems like she actually worked for her career

She married William H. Macy and then his best friend David Mamet put her in his plays to give her career a start. She actually replaced Madonna in the original cast of Speed the Plow on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 74May 23, 2020 4:40 AM

I’m fine with this. You guys are too harsh.

by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2020 4:45 AM

They did what every loving parent of dum kids would do. They were just mega stupid about it. Nouveau riche people tend to be this reckless. Old money would've donated 4 million to the school for a "new library" and call it a day.

I love how the middle class gets all worked up about this. This whole deal is capitalism at its finest, anyone over 12 that believes in meritocracy deserves a stint in jail for sheer stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 76May 23, 2020 5:03 AM

[Quote]So between what they paid to get the dummy accepted, their fines and attorneys' fees and costs this has cost them what, about $2M?

It will cost her a lot more. Hallmark already fired her and hopefully no one else will hire her in tge future either. Not sure if she really cares though. Isn't the husband rich?

by Anonymousreply 77May 23, 2020 6:16 AM

Her career, such as it was, is over.

by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2020 6:35 AM

Her husband has a very irritating face. Lipless schmuck.

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2020 6:42 AM

Why ARE you guys so worked up over this? Such vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2020 7:01 AM

Why are YOU so worked up over this? Such apathy.

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2020 8:11 AM

[quote] every loving parent of dum kids would do.

I live for irony.

by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2020 6:34 PM

There are women of color doing serious time in jail for lying about their child's home address so they can go to better schools in better districts and you guys want this cunt to walk away? Fuck her and fuck you too.

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2020 11:17 PM

THIS is what you get when activists complain that non-violent offenders clog the jails and feed the prison-industrial complex.

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote] Not sure if she really cares though. Isn't the husband rich?

Mossimo Giannulli formerly of his own label Massimo? (I remember it from the 90s especially.)

He's worth about $80 million alone.

Which is another reason why this is all so stupid. That child could have gone anywhere or not at all and she'd be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote] There are women of color doing serious time in jail for lying about their child's home address so they can go to better schools in better districts and you guys want this cunt to walk away? Fuck her and fuck you too.

It's not that we want her to walk away, it's just that she will, because that's how capitalism works, everything has a price. if you dislike it, maybe it's time for you to start pointing your fingers at this cruel and elitist ideology.

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2020 11:47 PM

Oooh, got me, R81! Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2020 5:16 PM

Yeah, play that race card, R83.

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2020 5:17 PM

[Quote]There are women of color doing serious time in jail for lying about their child's home address so they can go to better schools in better districts

Andrea did this on BH90210 and got away with it.

No one should be jailed for this. It's more like a misdemeanor and people should just get a fine or community service. These women do not deserve years in prison for trying to give their children a better education. If school funding wasn't based on local property taxes, maybe every child could get a decent education in their district.

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2020 5:47 PM

High school coaches, who want good athletes, tell their families to lie. I don't know if it's done a lot, but it is done.

by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2020 6:39 PM

R90, those good athletes are being recruited by private high schools and get their tuitions paid for. But on the public school level, it's done a lot as well but they are generally not Div 1 athletes.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2020 6:42 PM

The moment the Judge denied the Motion to Dismiss a plea was inevitable. They paid a lot for that motion and it was top-notch. The only problem was the overwhelming evidence of guilt. It's a bummer when you leave such a paper trail. Arrogance is as arrogance does.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2020 10:00 PM

Can you vote in California if you are convicted of a felony?

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2020 10:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!