Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

All The Pearl-Clutching Outrage Over The Kathy Griffin Headless Trump Photo

Seems pretty pathetic now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68Last Friday at 6:11 AM

At least they got the color of his face right

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2020

Always was Team Kathy. Trump turned out to be so much worse than we ever could have imagined. Too bad his head wasn't the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2020

The sad truth is that nothing sticks to Trump, the GOP, the Deplorables, the alt-right, Putin, etc. for long. Their faux outrage, their claims of fake news, the hypocrisy, the bullying, their attempts to cover their bases for any potential outcome (when they win if was fair, when they lose the other side cheated), etc.

You can't argue or fight in a civil manner with someone who has no morals and not even a shred of integrity. They break every rule there is, but scream like wounded banshees when they are told to face the consequences of their actions.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2020

It did to me back then too.

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2020

I believe Morning Joe. Drumpf team is panicking — their base is not sewn up, oldsters hate him. That said, the Pandemic etc may not be enough for a win — with Putin and corruption oozing out of every Rethuglican

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2020

Still a Kathy Griffin fan, still hate Twitler, and what he has done to our country. VOTE!

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2020

Hate Trump, but have no sympathy for Kathy 'Professional Victim Who Can Dish it Out but Can't Take it" Griffin either.

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2020

The person I hated the most after this was Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 12:04 AM

It was inappropriate for many reasons, not least of which that actual beheadings were taking place and videoed.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 12:16 AM

It wasn't well executed. It should've been just his bloody head on a plate and the quote "and blood came out of her ... whatever!" underneath it, like in a meme. Kathy wasn't really necessary for the Anti Trump message.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 12:33 AM

^^^ " . . . well executed."

Excellent choice of words.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 12:42 AM

Idiotic and tasteless photo but there was a huge unnecessary pile on, pushed by the right wingers (of course ) and the histrionic pearl clutching cunts of the American press corps.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 1:43 AM

I agree r12. It was tasteless, but the aftermath was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 2:02 AM

I can’t see anything but awful hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 2:43 AM

Tasteless and stupid. Reminds me of an old saying:

Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 2:43 AM

But sometimes pigs need to be taken down.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 2:46 AM

But it was KG who got taken down, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 2:52 AM

Bitch still most killed my show in less than a season.Even Melissa needed two seasons and that trans darkie NeNe to do that.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Thursday at 2:57 AM

It takes more than one try sometimes

by Anonymousreply 19Last Thursday at 2:59 AM

[quote]Could you be more pretentious if you tried?

Please don't tempt him.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Thursday at 3:01 AM

The photographer who took the photo -he was fucking on Clint Eastwood’s daughter. The photographer was not bothered by anyone.

Cohen & Cooper can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Thursday at 3:06 AM

[quote]“n'est-ce pas“? Could you be more pretentious if you tried?

I wasn't exactly quoting Horace in Latin, newbies.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 3:06 AM

We know what it means, dickwad

by Anonymousreply 23Last Thursday at 3:07 AM

bye, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 24Last Thursday at 3:08 AM

People were trying really hard to destroy her, even here on DL. We had someone who would start thread after thread and talk about it as though it was a real head, then when confronted would say it was just like holding up a real animal head, then say "okay well it was a realistic dummy head," etc. Lots of claims that it was a "legitimate threat" and that Griffin was "very likely to try to kill the president."

It was so weird to see the exact same comments on news articles and on Twitter, too. Someone was behind making those very specific talking points, and they were all ridiculous, but people got so caught up in the mob mentality that it turned into almost mass hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Thursday at 3:11 AM

"It was inappropriate for many reasons, not least of which that actual beheadings were taking place and videoed."

Okay, this is you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26Last Thursday at 3:15 AM

It was in bad taste tho. if Joan Rivers held up a Obama head "in jest" would it be held to the same standard? Kathy had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Thursday at 3:16 AM

"The person I hated the most after this was Anderson Cooper."

Here's my wish.

If Biden ends up winning in November, I think AC should have KG back on the New Year's Eve show.

Kind of a final F-U to President Fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Thursday at 3:21 AM

It was in bad taste, sure.

But so was Joan Rivers's whole bit about how Palestinian children SHOULD be dead, all Palestinians deserve to be dead.

Don't give me the "post proof of that' shit because you can just go look it up on Google, it's on websites that have links that DL no longer accepts for whatever stupid reason. But you know it happened, it was in the news for quite a while. She was actively wishing death on children because of their nationality and strangely no one flipped out about THAT in the same way they flipped out about KG.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Thursday at 3:52 AM

The Datalounge is now setting itself up as an arbiter of "bat taste"?

Rich.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 4:08 AM

Actually, I think the DL is the perfect arbiter of "bat taste".

However, to think it can judge "bad taste" is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 4:09 AM

this isn't news

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 4:39 AM

What she should’ve done instead of apologizing, was use the same pic but with her holding her own head, with a caption, ‘oops, my bad’ or something like that.

I think that it would’ve confused and appeased the rabid right a bit.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 6:05 AM

[quote] People were trying really hard to destroy her, even here on DL.

Trolls, (Russian Troll Farm) bots, alt-right incels, etc.

[quote] It was so weird to see the exact same comments on news articles and on Twitter, too. [bold] Someone was behind making those very specific talking points, [/bold] and they were all ridiculous, but people got so caught up in the mob mentality that it turned into almost mass hysteria.

The general public wasn't aware yet how much social media was being manipulated by Russian Troll Farms and the alt right incels / Deplorables.

And to this day people underestimate the power of "first impression" where the right wing bombards the mainstream with their narrative full of lies and when they have to take back some stuff (because they lied without shame and regret) the damage is already done, because people have digested all these lies and they remain in the back of their heads and get pulled forward whenever the topic is brought up again. Only when you dismiss the initial claim right away it can't establish itself in the back of your mind.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 6:40 AM

^^Kind of like an attorney during a trial who slips in a zinger and opposing counsel vehemently objects but the damage is done. The jury heard it and it can’t be unheard.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 8:01 AM

Why do gays love her so much? Her stand-up routines are merely her stream of consciousness that aren't very funny.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Thursday at 8:09 AM

[quote] Seems pretty pathetic now.

She always was

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 8:26 AM

Kathy’s tearful press conference fucking ruined her. Joan would have never done that. I understand she was being bombarded with death threats etc. but going on TV and sobbing, “He broke me?” All that does is encourage the harassment to continue.

The way it took over the news was fucking ridiculous. There must have been absolutely nothing important going on that week.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 8:33 AM

The relative morality of jews is an interesting thing.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 8:35 AM

I eat piles and piles and PILES of shit!

by Anonymousreply 40Last Thursday at 8:38 AM

Kathy Griffin was right.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Thursday at 8:39 AM

Be kind.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Thursday at 2:17 PM

She did the photo in order to be provocative but had no idea how explpsive it'd be. When it blew up she clamed it was actually a feminist commentary on the Megyn Kelly blood comments, nobody bought it. She was an idiot. The backfiring reminds me of the Janet Jackson superbowl nipple.

They just misread how rhe country would react.

If it had been Obama's head she was holding she would have been driven underground forever and wod never be able to show her face.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Thursday at 2:23 PM

[quote]she would have been driven underground forever and wod never be able to show her face.

Thanks for sharing, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Thursday at 6:50 PM

Did the photographer release it without Kathy's approval?

by Anonymousreply 45Last Thursday at 6:54 PM

She just re-posted the photo!_Kathy Griffin @kathygriffin ..."Here’s your mask, asshole. Put it on. People are dying."

by Anonymousreply 46Last Thursday at 6:58 PM

I love how we go from "n'est-ce pas" to "bye, cunt" within a couple of comments.

Never change DL!

by Anonymousreply 47Last Thursday at 6:59 PM

r38 the press conference was Lisa Bloom's idea. It was a shit show. If I was advising her I would have said don't you dare fucking apologize. This is your brand, if you apologize you will lose your core audience and the people you are apologizing too won't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Thursday at 7:08 PM

I liked Kathy before, I like Kathy now.

I don't care about the photo. It meant nothing to me.

Kids dying in US custody on the border means something to me. 100,000 dead Americans means something to me. Millions and millions unemployed means something to me. That fucktard destroying my country means something to me.

A photo of a decapitated Donald Trump head? Doesn't mean shit.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Thursday at 7:14 PM

"The relative morality of jews is an interesting thing."

And this is why even youtube thinks you're a loser.

You can't even figure out Griffin is Irish Catholic.

And your drag sucks.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Thursday at 7:17 PM

(R49) Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Thursday at 7:22 PM

r49 not even a decapitated head, it is a 10 dollar Halloween mask covered in ketchup. You would have to be Eric Trump to mistake it for an actual human head.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Thursday at 7:28 PM

She says she only did the apology video because someone asked her what if Daniel Pearl's mother saw the picture. The apology, while badly done was only for her.

She retracted her embarrassment over the picture and the apology when people would tell her they were outraged over her picture and yet at the same time they'd talk about beheading/dismemberment videos they'd watch on YouTube or LiveLeak.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Thursday at 7:39 PM

If it would be an outrage to hold Obama's head so should this be.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Thursday at 9:35 PM

R9 Beheadings are always taking place. It wasn't an allusion to ISIS no matter how much you conservative whackos try to spin it. It's no one's fault but your own that you're historically and culturally ignorant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55Last Thursday at 9:41 PM

R54 Obama wasn't a tyrant and there in fact were several effigies burned of him and dolls depicting him being lynched. Strangely enough he never tried to personally ruin the lives of these racist bumpkins, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56Last Thursday at 9:45 PM

Well President Obama was a real President of the United States, R56. I don't think we can compare him with the reality tv show version of a president.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Thursday at 9:49 PM

R46, typical Kathy Griffin. ANYTHING for attention.

And don't forget, she's 58!!!

by Anonymousreply 58Last Thursday at 10:00 PM

What does her age have to do with anything?

He SHOULD put that fucking mask on, dripping with ketchup or whatever the fuck they use.

He cost us 36,000 American lives in ONE week's bullshit and delays. He dicked around thinking he could dodge the virus without dealing with it for two months. Maybe more. He's still doing it now, doing as little as possible and not doing what actually needs to be done.

He should be covered in blood every day, like Carrie at the prom only fat and without any telekinetic powers.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Thursday at 10:07 PM

I hate that picture, reminds me of middle east issues that I'd rather not think about. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Thursday at 10:31 PM

You can’t convince me Kathy wasn’t born a Kevin. Everything about that head shape says he tucks it underneath the dress.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Friday at 12:43 AM

she a brave lady, I applaud her guts and mourn all the shit she endured from the dumb fuks.

we luv u honey

by Anonymousreply 62Last Friday at 12:45 AM

[quote]If it would be an outrage to hold Obama's head so should this be.

But nobody did, R54. Nice try with the strawman but it doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Friday at 3:24 AM

r58 - you do realize the photo was the photographer's idea. Kathy agreed to do the photo, but the photographer released it without notifying her. Kathy didn't think anything of it since it was so obviously a cheap mask. Kathy was raked over the coals, lost all of her jobs and most of her friends. The photographer, whos idea it was, who took the picture and who owns the copyright - had nothing happen to him, No loss of work, not threatening from the Trump family.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Friday at 5:08 AM

The photographer Tyler Shields shows up in various Scientology blogs from people who got out of the cult. This one is particularly interesting, a former cult member in 2014 talking about how Shields was "discovered" by Fraser Kee Scott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65Last Friday at 5:15 AM

A review of the reality show "Mrs. Eastwood" where Tyler Shields appeared in 2012. The reviewer calls him a "raging psychopath." A commenter says Tyler was specifically trying to get the Eastwoods, including Clint, into the cult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66Last Friday at 5:17 AM

And not even a year before the Trump head photo, Kathy was incorporating anti-Scientologist stories about Kirstie Alley into her act.

Coincidence? Or revenge?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67Last Friday at 5:19 AM

Beautiful people rarely pay the price for bad judgement. Kathy and Roseanne don't fall under that heading.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Friday at 6:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!