Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyler Perry's Protocols of Production

30 page manifesto on how he will get back to business.

[quote]First, the cast will be tested using the nasal swab method (97 percent accuracy) in their hometown 16 days before travel and then self-isolate for the remaining time before their travel date. They will then take private flights, arranged by Perry, to Atlanta, where the castmembers will then be tested again from the car using a 15-minute rapid test by Abbot Labs (85 percent accuracy).

[quote]Cast and crew will be sequestered in their individual rooms until the test results come in, which will take approximately four to six hours. Anyone with a negative test result will not be allowed to leave their housing quarters until all cast and crew results have been confirmed. Once that happens and only those who tested negative are left, everyone will be able to venture outside their private rooms. For anyone who tests positive, strict guidelines will be followed in order to get the person medical attention and remove the person from campus immediately.

[quote]“Once inside the quarantine bubble, participants are not permitted to leave for the entire 14-day period,” reads the document. Face masks and social distancing will still be required at all times, with exceptions only for actors during filming and during hair and makeup as necessary. Cast and crew will also undergo additional PCR rapid testing four days from their check-in date to ensure the negative results that were previously reported. Exit testing via nasal swab will also be required upon an individual’s completion of a shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 5:21 PM

Sounds like an awful lot of fuss for the crappy movies and tv shows he puts out.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 4:15 AM

Is that where the swab goes up in the man?

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 4:15 AM

It's just like jury duty!

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 4:17 AM

Heil Nigler.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 4:18 AM

R1, once again, is absolutely spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 4:23 AM

You know us gay men... always control freaks!

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 4:25 AM

Those nasal swab tests are incredibly painful. If I were in one of his productions and he demanded all that, I would drop out.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 4:26 AM

They also found out that the nasal swab often makes people sneeze, which then puts the test person at risk because they are sneezed on.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 4:27 AM

Disgusting queen

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 4:29 AM

If your test comes back gay do you have to stay in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 4:46 AM

I remember watching a Star Trek movie and being pleasantly surprised that they hired such an obviously gay guy for a small role. (I then found out at the end it was Perry whom I'd never really seen out of Madea costume.)

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 4:52 AM

This will end in lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 4:58 AM

A quarantine for at least 14 days? I'm in!

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 4:59 AM

It's hell to be quarantine with your fellow workers, worse employers. Germany is trying this and people are already freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 5:12 AM

At least, he published it, so it can be corrected and fine tuned, where needed.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 5:14 AM

No one is going to mention r4's comment?

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 5:17 AM

So, Tyler Perry is subjecting everyone on his productions to draconian conditions in order to move ahead with his productions and making them work in order to make him some damn money. He doesn't sound much better than Trump, except he's testing them repeatedly.

Perry sounds like a cunt to me.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 5:28 AM

Oprah doesn't do quarantines.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 5:41 AM

Next up: "Madea vs. Covid-19: You In Danger, Girl!".

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 5:47 AM

R16, most of us blocked the predictable and boring racist trolls a long time ago so had you not posted your comment I - and certainly some others - would not have even realized the post existed.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 5:12 PM

I put R16 on block and was displeased to find he's posting just regular everyday stuff on old movie threads. Maybe it's KELT, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 5:18 PM

Allegedly there a rumor that the CW show Black Lightning was hoping that they could use one of Tyler Perry's studios. So they can go back into production.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 5:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!