Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bombshell - SMASH Live Concert Watch Thread

This was an amazing concert, and will be streamed tonight (Wednesday) at 8 est on YouTube/Facebook, etc.

Very excited to see it again and see how it is on a much smaller screen.

Figured I’d start a thread for it, I can’t be the only one watching, can I?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 4:58 PM

Aww really, just me, huh.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 12:01 AM

I'm here too! Technical difficulties already. Why? Not like it's live.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 12:05 AM

It was fun but quickly sounds bland

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 12:28 AM

Working well here on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 12:39 AM

Chorus boys only wearing towels, and none of them are cute? Nice bodies yes, but no cuties.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 12:45 AM

The screen at OP is the closest Deb and Will have been for YEARS, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 12:51 AM

They would never do that suggestive choreography for The National Passtime now. Things have changed in 5 years

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 12:58 AM

This is the end of western civilization...

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 12:58 AM

Oh good, Andy Mientus is there, let’s see if they let him speak at all.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 1:00 AM

DM has crazy hair, crazy eyes and I guess is just all round crazy.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 1:03 AM

Debra definitely suffering for lack of a stylist.

Meghan stunning as always.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 1:10 AM

I'm so glad OP started this thread. My thoughts:

Megan Hilty was the true star, the one and only Marilyn of the original series, and it's as true in this concert. Kat McPhee looked great, danced well, worked hard... but vocally, she cannot hold a candle to Megan. She doesn't have IT.

Debra Messing's quarantine hair at intermission was LOL funny. Is that it's, um, natural state?

I was glad they gave the men (Borle, Chase, Odom) a star turn or two, and Brian D'Arcy James did a nice job with his song, which was beautiful. They should have made more of that song in the original series. And Jeremy Jordan should have a bigger stage career than he's had since SMASH.

The HIT LIST kids at intermission: Andy Mientus and Krysta Rodriguez. Not clear why they were there, exactly. And where was Anjelica, hmmm?

Donna McKecknie and Ann Harada both tried. Hard.

Impressive shout-out to Theresa Rebeck, all things considered.

Overall--I thought it was terrific. As good or better than many "live performance" broadcasts on PBS or on streaming networks. SMASH was show a lot of DL loved to hate, but a lot of us just loved it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 2:49 AM

Fun fact: Krysta Rodriguez is playing Liza Minnelli in Ryan Murphy's Halston mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 2:55 AM

R13 Why didn’t he just use whoever did the role in Fosse/Verdon, was that Andie McDowell’s daughter?

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 3:16 AM

Why would he, r14? Dd she buy the Liza Minnelli franchise? And no, McDowell's daughter portrayed Ann Reinking.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 3:30 AM

I think Andy got one statement in, when it was asked what they would have changed about the show he said that his character would have lived until the end of the season. And how/why did Julie Klausner host this? She seems like a very odd choice? And she made this quip about herself also having a beloved cult classic show that got cancelled to soon, everyone was just like deer in headlights and stopped dead in their tracks.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 3:44 AM

It needed Bernadette.

As for McPhee, she's fucking rich as shit being married to David Foster, all she has to do well is anal.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 3:49 AM

R17 Is that why her dance moves were off putting?

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 3:53 AM

LOL. r18!

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 3:58 AM

Jeremy Jordan was fucking astonishingly amazing... that word gets thrown around way too much these days, but he is it. The best voice on Broadway, hands down.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!