Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Our next President, Joe Biden 2021

With a bad economy, no way to work, people will vote Democratic, the party that will take care of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2020 10:48 AM

He may be old but it's about the Democratic direction, advisors and team he puts in place.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2020 8:22 PM

The only thing that bothers me, is whether the Trump Administration is passing over a country that is so completely fucked-up, that it’s still a mess four years later and people vote the Republicans back in, because they forget.

People were obviously too stupid to remember that Obama inherited an economic collapse; two wars; and Osama bin Ladin; and left things in pretty good shape. Why would they ever vote another Republican for a generation?

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2020 8:58 PM

If Joe wants to win the top spot he needs to seriously consider this guy as his VP candidate. He's young, very likeable and certainly knowledgeable. He's not a female but he IS a member of a minority and may be a great drawing card for Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2020 9:21 PM

The only way Joe can win is to put a minority on the ballot with him. It's got to be either Stacy, Pete, or Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2020 9:31 PM

R3 You are correct. Pete could do it for Joe. I worry that Joe can't pull this off with Stacy, Kamala, or Elizabeth. He NEVER should have opened his mouth about promising a woman VP this early in the game. Joe is an idiot and I'll vote for him only to get Trump out of office, not because I believe in the guy. He's everybody's senile uncle. Imagine him in a couple years...

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2020 10:31 PM

Joe spoke to Stephen Colbert for almost an hour last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 2:18 PM

Fuck it, just install Barack Obama as his veep and fuck the Repugs in their fucking inbred faces!

There's nothing in the Constitution forbidding Obama from seeking office as the vice president, right? Another 8 years of Biden/Obama!!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote]f Joe wants to win the top spot he needs to seriously consider this guy as his VP candidate. He's young, very likeable [sic] and certainly knowledgeable. He's not a female but he IS a member of a minority and may be a great drawing card for Joe.

What an absurdly stupid thing to say, R3/R5. Pete Buttigieg would be an albatross around Biden's neck and he would absolutely lose the election.

It's amazing and shocking how utterly stupid and out of touch some of you are.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 2:57 PM

“ It's amazing and shocking how utterly stupid and out of touch some of you are.”

I second that BIG TIME!

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 3:06 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic. It's quite possible that Trump's reality show presidency has jumped the shark and won't be renewed. To those concerned about Biden's many deficiencies as a candidate, I call your attention to the Senate race in which incumbent John Ashcroft lost to a dead guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 3:09 PM

It will be a woman. It just will. I know people will keep throwing out male names for VP, but it doesn't matter. It will be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 3:15 PM

I'm actually torn between Elizabeth Warren whom I like better and Kamala Harris who might be better for the ticket.

It's a tough call.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 3:22 PM

Does anyone know when he will actually announce?

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 3:42 PM

I agree. I love Pete and feel he has a whole political career in his future. But for this he's just too young, not young in a good way to contrast elderly Joe. Just too inexperienced. All wrong. Plus he ends up being another white guy.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 3:42 PM

Fat chance, OP. In the midst of chaos, people want familiarity, and are more likely to vote for the president that was in office when it started, not a new one who will probably introduce new policies. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the reality.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 3:53 PM

Joe has said it will be a woman. He cannot go back on that now. It would be an awful example of unreliability.

I’m thinking it might be the Governor of Michigan. Although Joe is already leading there, it would put MI in his pocket and he can then focus on the other states.

Similarly, I also like Val Demings of FL. Is she popular with the whole state? Could she get a net of 100,000 more Floridians to get out to vote Democratic? She would energize the Black vote nationally, too. But if she could put a lock on Florida, then Trump is finished. It will be an embarrassing rejection of Trumpism. Trump might have to counter by dropping Pence and putting his own Floridian on the ticket, if he can find one.

Joe needs to hold the states Hillary won, and pickup three or so, such as MI, WI, and PA. This is just not going to be hard for him. He will likely get those three states, plus AZ, and maybe NC and FL. I keep hearing WI is still competitive, but I simply cannot imagine a battleground state tipping into the Red this election.

Joe should be thinking of campaigning more for the Senators he wants to support his initiatives. Maybe throwing a lot of time and money on that woman opposing Mitch McConnell?

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 4:05 PM

R15, I don’t agree that people want familiarity. I think they want change. But even so, do you think Joe isn’t “familiar”? You seem to be thinking that people are really damn stupid.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 4:07 PM

They ought to open the convention and nominate someone else to beat Trump. Biden is a total fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 4:11 PM

R3, Pete won't be VP. I really like him but he won't. But he WILL have a position in the Biden administration for sure. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. He may end up being president one day.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 4:12 PM

Your post is inane r15. Nobody wants more chaos in the midst of chaos, and that's all Trump promises.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 4:39 PM

actually I shouldn't say "no people." His dingbat cult loves this chaos, but most people don't.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 4:42 PM

R17 Well, they voted for Trump the first time, didn't they?

R20 Wrong. There are probably many people who may view an entirely new administration as injecting more chaos to an already chaotic situation. It's only human nature. It stands to reason that humans crave familiarity, even if all evidence says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2020 5:03 PM

R22, you’re just stringing together words with no evidence or historical pattern to back it up. You’re writing nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote]I'm actually torn between Elizabeth Warren whom I like better and Kamala Harris who might be better for the ticket. It's a tough call.

This is so true.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 6:41 PM

R23 Historical pattern? You know nothing of human nature. That's why you think Biden will win.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2020 9:44 PM

In the past presidential candidates always looked for a VP who would balance the ticket geographically. I suspect old Joe will pick someone from the Great Lake states or the South.

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2020 9:51 PM

Can I use a time machine and vote for young Biden instead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2020 9:57 PM

not sure that still matters, so much as balancing by race, gender, and ideology, and also age, but who knows, r26. He might take that into consideration as well.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2020 9:58 PM

R25, you think “human nature“ brings people to vote to re-elect awful politicians? No., this is not a thing. It never has been. What’s wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2020 10:25 PM

OP, Americans think Trump is handling the economy well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]The only thing that bothers me, is whether the Trump Administration is passing over a country that is so completely fucked-up, that it’s still a mess four years later and people vote the Republicans back in, because they forget.

It's white anger. America is still predominately white and whites vote, especially older ones. The Democratic Party is now a minority party. While the demographics of the county are changing, it still isn't in the left's favor. Trump taps right into white anger and wins because of it. Biden and other Democrats are in a tough spot because they risk alienating minority voters by outreaching to Trump's base, whites. Whites want someone to stop telling them they're privileged and don't have it hard. Minorities don't want to hear that. The country has always been polarized, but thanks to social media, it's more polarized than ever before. The far left of the Democratic party has turned off millions of voters. The far left is very hostile to bio women, Jews, and gays. Those groups used to be the base of the Democratic party. They've left in droves, feeling pushed out. The same happened in the UK with Labour. Trump is seen as a spokesperson for those turned off in the country, even if they don't agree with him. That's why you have idiots like Roseanne Barr supporting him, Roseanne who was one of the biggest lefties in the country. In the end I won't be surprised to see Trump being sworn in for a second term come January 2021. I pray for a miracle but I know how angry people are in this country and I've seen the country re-elect Bush Jr twice, Reagan twice, and hand the keys to Congress to Republicans the same year they shut it down.

If Trump does get re-elected, I have no doubt a Democrat will win in 2024, Obama style. Who that person will be, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2020 10:40 PM

ruh, roh. time to call in that faith healer fraud of his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2020 12:38 AM

Anyone/Anything But Trump 2020.

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2020 7:41 AM

Not so fast.

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2020 8:48 AM

Are there nude photos of Hunter?

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2020 8:50 AM

OP = Hillary will win 2016!!!

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2020 8:56 AM

[quote] In the past presidential candidates always looked for a VP who would balance the ticket geographically.

No one votes based on VP per historians.

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2020 8:57 AM

Unless the Veep is Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2020 10:15 AM

Michelle vas only verst lady who pee standing up!

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2020 10:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!