Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The young Jewel Kilcher could sing.

This is from 1995.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 4:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2020 1:41 AM

I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl a few years back. She was quite good live.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2020 1:48 AM

I have not seen her life, but it sounds like she would put on a good show.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2020 2:00 AM

That is a whopper of a cold sore she's got going in that video OP

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2020 2:28 AM

I have worked for her in the past and she is so kind hearted. still is to this day...

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2020 2:39 AM

R5 - In what capacity? Any stories?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2020 2:46 AM

Lesbian thread!

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2020 3:13 AM

Yodeling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2020 6:22 AM

I thought her performance with Lyle Lovett and John C Reilly at the end of Walk Hard was very sweet!

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2020 2:15 PM

R9- Have not seen it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2020 5:11 PM

R5 She and I did a whole series of creative projects together which were well received, she is still one of the kindest and smartest people i have met. She has this intense sincerity no real gossip, she even says she is rather boring but she can sing the roof off a place..That is for damn sure.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 6:15 AM

Jewel was the first artist I saw live. I saw her in concert with my parents at the Rose Garden in Portland, OR, 1999. She closed the show by yodeling, which I believe she often does. Even though I was only a kid, I remember her singing being very good, and it was clear she was a consummate professional. She grew up singing in bars with her dad in Alaska, and was primed to make a career out of it. I've always thought her first two albums were very good. A lot of people dismiss her songwriting and lyrics, but I find her style unique. There are a few deep cuts on Pieces of You that are true works of art—"Amen" and "Painters" are both exquisite songs.

As far as her voice goes, here is a fantastic live performance from Jools Holland in 1997—wait for that note she sustains at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 6:23 AM

Thanks R12

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 12:37 AM

She looked pre-hollywood actor in her early videos, like what you would imagine jennifer lawrence or renee zellweger pre hollywood machine. I always wonder why Ang Lee cast her in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 2:38 AM

^ Snaggletooth Returns?

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 4:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!