Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Is Val Demings?

Kamala, you in danger, girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2020

Congresswoman from Florida...ex police chief in Orlando. Tough as nails atakes no shit. She is going to go far...

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2020

She's smart and tenacious, but I thought I heard yesterday that Biden had asked Tammy Duckworth? I assumed we needed to wait for her to accept or politely decline...

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2020

If he had asked Duckworth yesterday, it would be all over the media today. There are no secrets.

by Anonymousreply 305/17/2020

She's my favorite. I hope Joe does the right thing and picks her.

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2020

Biden hasn't asked anyone yet. His search committee is vetting a LOT of very qualified women. I've heard at least a half-dozen names, and that's probably only 25 - 50% of the candidates.

I'm still hoping he picks Michelle Lujan Grisham.

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2020

I've been really impressed with her after watching her in all the hearings the past couple of years. But she's just had a few years in the House, I'm not sure if she'll be up for the presidency in a worst case scenario. All the governors seem to be too occupied managing the Covid situation to be able to be part of a ticket, so I think he'll pick a senator: Harris, Duckworth, Klobuchar or Warren.

by Anonymousreply 605/21/2020

Demings is great, a star, but she needs more seasoning in the House and/or Senate.

She's not experienced enough to be a heartbeat away from the presidency this year.

(She's one of the best Senators on Twitter, FWIW.)

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2020

[quote] She's one of the best Senators on Twitter, FWIW

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 805/21/2020

Oh grow up, R8.

A Senator can be a nimble communicator but not worthy of the No. 2 job.

by Anonymousreply 905/21/2020

R9, surely you’re trolling.

by Anonymousreply 1005/21/2020

R7, she may be "one of the best Senators on Twitter," but here in reality-land, she's still a member of the House of Representatives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1105/21/2020

Is this what it's all come to now? The suitability of someone to hold a high political office is being decided on the basis of how good they are on Twitter?

If Demings is a good candidate for VP she must surely have other accomplishments and credentials to back her up rather than how good she is on fucking Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 1205/21/2020

CONGRESSPEOPLE on Twitter.

I misspoke.

(Usually because only Senators are considered for President or VP, for good reason—not second-term CONGRESSPEOPLE who previously lost two elections in their home state.)

by Anonymousreply 1305/21/2020

I prefer "congressors".

by Anonymousreply 1405/21/2020

I think she would be a fantastic, exciting choice. And, bonus, she's from a swing state.

If Joe chooses her, it would signal that he ain't fucking around.

by Anonymousreply 1505/21/2020

The problem is Joe is 77 and looks like he could drop dead a year into his term.

The VP choice takes on unusual import because of this. Biden's VP has to look especially "presidential" out of the box, ready to go on day one. Just like Obama's VP choice had to compensate for his lack of experience.

Kamala has it. Val Demings does not. Stacey Abrams does not. Amy Klobuchar, because of her documented psychological issues and management problems, does not.

by Anonymousreply 1605/21/2020

[quote]Demings is great, a star, but she needs more seasoning

She needs better wigs.

by Anonymousreply 1705/22/2020

Demmings is a bad ass....and shes more qualified to be President than Trump OR anyone in his administration.

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2020

R18, that's much too low a bar.

by Anonymousreply 1905/22/2020

I'm all in for Val Demings. She's great. She's likable and she might be able to get us Florida back. However, I do expect a ton of Knots Landing jokes from DLers when Biden picks her.

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2020

I'd pay cash money to see her debate Vice President cream cheese. That also applies to Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Stacey Abrams, basically any woman being considered.

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2020

Her husband Jerry Demings is a Mayor here in Florida and also a former Sheriff and Chief of Police.

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2020

Angry looking and very scary

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2020

She would make Chuck Schumer plotz in his panties and Lindsey Graham would move to Canada if she were the VP

by Anonymousreply 2405/22/2020

She's blown it. She let an announcement get out that she was on the "VP short list" for consideration.

by Anonymousreply 2505/22/2020

Kamala is just not like able. She acts like a scold. Yesterday, she told Trump that it was illegal to threaten MI to withhold funds for any plans for a mail-in ballot, And then she paused for dramatic effect, and there she was, the scold. The smarty pants. I just don’t like her.

Val Demings was an impeachment manager, and did a good job of it.

by Anonymousreply 2605/22/2020

Val Demings brings nothing but division and fear to the ticket and would sink Biden. She would probably be worse than Stacey Abrams. Amy K, Susan R, Liz W, and Kamala H would all enhance the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2020

Ooh. I like this choice a lot. She is a shade underdeveloped though. I think she’d need a cabinet position first and then could be vp under Swallwell or Schiff if and when they run.

If Newsom runs he should pick a gay man. He is the one person who could pull off that victory.

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2020

[QUOTE] Angry looking and very scary

That might be the only way in which a woman can become president. She’d have to be tough as nails.

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2020

[quote] Kamala has it. Val Demings does not. Stacey Abrams does not. Amy Klobuchar, because of her documented psychological issues and management problems, does not.

If Harris had “it”; she would have done better in the primary race. She is perfect on paper but that perfection does not translate well to the national stage. She is great at asking questions but terrible at answering them.

[quote] That might be the only way in which a woman can become president. She’d have to be tough as nails.

Women are expected to be tough but also happy smiling and demure. Assertive but not aggressive. Never angry nor disagreeable. Women are not allowed to be angry and certainly black people may never be angry. Only white males are allowed to be angry. Competent but not overly smart. Knowledgeable but not overly smart or overly prepared (eg Clinton and Warren).

It’s an impossible standard.

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2020

DL's Stacy Abrams troll's head will explode when he sees this.

by Anonymousreply 3105/22/2020

I love her. If I weren’t gay I’d do her in a second

by Anonymousreply 3205/22/2020

I live in Florida and I love Val Demings. She's intelligent and tough. But I don't think she'll be selected for VP because she doesn't have enough experience yet. I would gladly vote for her for US Senate to replace either one of the shitty GOP senators we currently have.

by Anonymousreply 3305/22/2020

Whatever you hear, it's all bullshit. Other than Biden asking specific women if they would like to be vetted. We all know who these women are, with maybe one or two surprise names who are under the radar, being vetted, and not looking for publicity. There will be no decisions on who the VP nominee will be until after the vetting is done. The information that emerges from this expensive and laborious process is a factor in which candidate he picks.

In the meanwhile, the women in contention are doing everything they can to sell themselves as an asset for the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!