Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judith Light ‘clicked’ with Bette Middler in season 2 of The Politician.

She’s about the only one. Has anyone ever liked working with her?

By the way I got this from this month’s gay edition of EW. At first glance it seems rather boring.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2020 3:16 PM

Is this show any good? I watched the first episode and was so underwhelmed I stopped.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote]Judith Light ‘clicked’ with Bette Middler

Which means she went to Midler's trailer and basically said, "Look, dear, I saw you in Hello Dolly. Your singing voice is shot all to hell. So stay out of my way or you'll never sing in this town again."

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2020 4:41 AM

I noticed Bette didn't participate in the recent Garry Marshall tribute special. Barbara Hershey appeared and said some nice things about the making of the movie. Made me wonder how she and Bette got on during filming.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2020 4:41 AM

I hated it. Ryan Murphy has done many bad things and I think this is one of the worst. I think Netflix had already agreed to 2nd season but I wonder if they are having second thoughts about the big contract.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2020 4:42 AM

I was just thinking about Barbara Hershey the other day and wondered how she was doing. She is a lovely actress.

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2020 4:44 AM

R5 SHe's on Twitter and DMs a friend.

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2020 4:47 AM

[quote]By the way I got this from this month’s gay edition of EW.

Why the fuck would anyone bother with this thread?

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2020 4:47 AM

Do you mean behind the scenes? Or, have you somehow seen the new season?

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2020 4:51 AM

It was an article with a few quotes from Light.

Murphy is obsessed with showing old ladies having sex.

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2020 5:15 AM

I love Barbra Hershey and have loved her in almost everything. She was wonderful in Hannah and Her Sisters, The Last Temptation of Christ, Portrait of a Lady and even Black Swan. Even an old horror movie The Entity that used to terrify me as a young gayling. Always been a fan.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2020 5:27 AM

I didn't watch the first season, but I will have to watch this one, since Judith Light is in it and Ryan Murphy loves camp. She was wonderful and campy on the Dallas reboot. I hope he just lets her go all out.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2020 5:31 AM

Did Judith ever try to "gloss over" her soap past? It's interesting she now camps to the back seats in the balconies these days.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2020 5:38 AM

R12 what are you talking about? I've seen interviews with Judith and she's very proud of her work on OLTL and has mentioned it often. I've also heard her refer to her "good friends" Brynn Thayer and Erika Slezak.

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2020 5:43 AM

Judith Light On One Life To Live is unforgettable.

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2020 5:50 AM

Midler tweeted this a couple of years ago:

@BetteMidler Thirty years ago today, one of my happiest film experiences was released: “Beaches”, with the great Barbara Hershey, directed by the late Garry Marshall with a great cast, Mayam Bialik, John Heard, Lainie Kazan and Spaulding Grey. The Wind Beneath My Wings.

Midler was a producer on "Beaches", and hired Hershey after first auditioning Anne Archer and Donna Mills.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2020 5:52 AM

I'm not so sure Judy Light isn't best know for her ratings extravaganza performance on One Life To Live that is largely mainstream known.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2020 5:53 AM

R13 Of course, she is proud. They still use her courtroom scenes to teach acting classes. She was even willing to make an appearance before OLTL ended, but she didn't care for the story they cooked up, which she said wasn't true to the character, so she turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2020 5:53 AM

She's never dissed OLTL. Why would she when everyone calls it the greatest performance on daytime?

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2020 5:55 AM

A good friend was supposed to do an episode with Bette and Judith but covid stopped production. I was chomping at the bit to hear the stories he would have to tell. He was also booked on an episode of the Good Fight but that was cancelled as well.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2020 5:59 AM

R19 Really? All the press says that shooting wrapped just before the shutdown happened.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2020 6:04 AM

I read the headline thus at first:

[quote] Judith Light ‘licked’ with Bette Middler in season 2 of The Politician.

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2020 6:06 AM

I remember as a young gayling, reading an interview with Judith in TV Guide. It was right around the time she had become a daytime sensation, before winning her first daytime Emmy. At the end of the interview, she admitted that she'd love it if she won an Oscar someday. I thought, "Yeah right, this daytime hooker is gonna win an Oscar." But I really hoped she would someday.

Well she hasn't yet, but she's got two Emmys and two Tonys! (three if you count Danza).

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2020 6:09 AM

Bette's THE BEST!

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2020 6:24 AM

R22 I wouldn’t count her out for the Oscars, yet. I could see someone casting her in a meaty supporting role and her walking away with one.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2020 6:44 AM

^^Wouldn't that just be fabulous?????

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2020 6:55 AM

For a long time Barbra was attached to The Politician but she left all of a sudden( she probably came to her senses)Barbra said she was supposed to play the Jessica Lange role but can’t see that at all. I wonder if she really was supposed to play Middler’s character.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2020 4:27 PM

I read that Keaton and Hawn didn’t want to do a follow up to the First Wives Club because working with Middler was such a bad experience but after many flops between them they have a project brewing.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2020 4:32 PM

R20 Really. He had signed his contract and even got his script and saw he was filming with Bette and Judith but the episode was cancelled. He had already filmed an episode of The Good Fight and was being brought back to film another episode but it cancelled as well.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2020 4:43 PM

Who cares about Judith's soap past. Does Bette admit to her gay sex club past?

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2020 5:01 PM

I was really sorry Judith Light did not get the Emmy for her performance as Marilyn Miglin in "Versace." That was the best performance in the whole series, and was the best performance I saw in any medium period the year before last.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2020 6:48 PM

First of all they couldn´t afford me.

And let me get one thing straight: No Gypsy with a straw man director - No Streisand in a Murphy turkey

Love Barbra

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2020 9:08 PM

Go to 1:15 and watch as Bette corrects her and Goldie has to stop herself from punching her in the neck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2020 9:20 PM

When is Bette making The Tale of the Allergist’s wife with Sharon Stone? Or did that project die of Corona?

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2020 9:28 PM

I think that was all for show, r33.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2020 9:50 PM

Actually Barbra didnt want to share the screen with that smug little upstart Platt.

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2020 10:04 PM

At that time Barbra was having an issue about pronouncing her name wrong. The three women were probably told to make sure the pronounce it right and Hawn did it wrong on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2020 12:27 PM

[quote]When is Bette making The Tale of the Allergist’s wife

Right after she makes the movie about Lottie Lenya she's been promising to make since the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2020 1:58 PM

What happened to the Mae West project she was doing for HBO ?

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2020 3:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!