Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you believe in ghosts? What’s the creepiest, most unexplainable thing that’s ever happened to you?

I have a tv mounted in my bathroom for when I’m chillin in the bath, brand new so it’s not faulty. My buddy recently passed and when he did I focused on him and had a candid conversation with him saying “Come on Cody, if you’re still around send me a sign. You know I would for you” and kept razzing him as I would in life. The tv in my bathroom turned on by itself. Creeped me out. Now it happens all the time, at weird times, and every time it does I instantly think of him. Creeps me the fuck out TBH but I’m assuming now it’s Cody just razzing me back

by Anonymousreply 252August 5, 2020 7:43 AM

I've resided in two haunted residences, so yes.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2020 3:44 PM

If you have ghosts, then you have everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2020 4:18 PM

This is by far the strangest thing that's happened to me. When I was five, my mom took me to the mall, and out of nowhere my entire face started to burn. It felt like someone had smothered chili peppers all over my mouth. It spread to my throat and up my nose. Eventually my eyes were watering too and I was full-on screaming. We asked for some water at the food court but it made no difference.

THEN a man behind us said, "put some bread on it." We got a loaf of bread from the food court and I mashed my face into it. Instantly, the burning went away! I turned around to thank the guy seconds later, but he had disappeared! Even stranger is I remember him having curly blond hair and wearing all camo. My mom said he was wearing a blazer and had brown hair, but also thought it strange he vanished. So it was like 3 mysteries in one: the inexplicable burning on my face, the fact that bread of all things cured it, and the shapeshifting ghost who appeared saving my life.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2020 4:50 PM

No, but I do believe in dimensional bleeding. Which may explain "ghosts".

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2020 5:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2020 5:04 PM

Yes but I have not experienced one myself. Well, I don't think.

From the time I was very little to when I moved out of my parents house 15 years ago at age 20, I always felt someone was watching me if I had my door open. My room was at a corner of the hall next to the bathroom which was adjacent. When my door was closed, I never felt this feeling.

I found out later when my parents casually mentioned someone had died outside the bathroom in the hallway right by my door. If it was a ghost it never bothered me nor showed itself.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2020 5:10 PM

I told this one a while back:

I was young, still living at home, and on this particular afternoon, I was the only person in the house. I was sitting in the living room, facing the front window, when somebody placed the palm of their hand on top of my head. I turned around. There was nobody there. This was not my first rodeo, so I said, "If there's anybody here, give me a sign." Immediately, the ceiling chandelier lit up. The switch controlling this light was over by the living room door. The only person to have died in that house was my grandfather, two years before I was born. I always had a feeling that it was him.

This is one I haven't told yet:

My partner and I were hiking in a particular area on the Atlantic coast which is no longer inhabited, but once, many years ago, had a number of homes located there. We came to a particular property that had once belonged to my grandfather and great-grandfather. As we approached, we could see a woman standing in the bushes by the side of a field. She was youngish, and had long, curly auburn hair. She wore a long dress. I felt odd and creepy. My partner said, "Good afternoon." She did not reply, and we moved on. At some point, I looked back, but she was no longer there.

On our way back home, we stopped at the house of an elderly cousin of my father, had a cup of tea, and mentioned the woman we had seen. We described her carefully, including what she was wearing. A strange look came over the cousin's face. She said, you saw Catherine M**********. I had heard of this woman, but she had died a long time ago, before I was born. She had lived on the property adjacent to my grandfather's, and was reputed to be a witch. She has appeared a few times, apparently, over the years. The cousin said, "She was checking you out to make sure you were not up to mischief." She had been the second wife of an ancestor of mine, and her mother, who had been born in Scotland and was also named Katherine with a K, was reputed to have been a witch as well.

Some time afterwards, I visited her grave and also that of her mother in a beautiful and well kept country cemetery some distance from her former home. I left a small bouquet of flowers on each grave and bid the ladies farewell.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2020 5:47 PM

I grew up in an old farmhouse which I and all my siblings now believe was “haunted”, whatever that means. I glimpsed a disturbing apparition briefly as a child, so I do believe that “ghosts” exist, but don’t know what they really are.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2020 7:28 PM

Not me but here's a weird story. My brother lives in Virginia Beach and his mother in law was in charge of an old historic plantation nearby that had been there since the 1600's. They gave tours and they had a famous witch dunking there and they do recreations every year on the anniversary. It's supposedly very haunted.

When my niece was a little girl she used to spend a lot of time there while her grandmother worked there. She was about 3 and would often be caught talking to an empty room. When questioned she would say she was talking to "that little boy". One of the ghosts was a small boy. As she got older, she ceased seeing him. The grandmother said she stayed overnight once and would not do it again. Nothing scary but very weird. My SIL and her mom ended writing a book about the house and ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote]the fact that bread of all things cured it

R3 eating some bread helps alleviate the burn from spicy food in your mouth.

Now, back to more interesting posts than mine.

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2020 8:24 PM

One, interesting theory someone shared with me about ghosts, is that they are really time travelers from the future. The technology doesn't allow them to fully go back into time, but projects them back into time to observe things. Normally, the projections are invisible to us, but sometimes we catch a glimpse of them. I wouldn't say I agree with the theory, but is a cool one to consider.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2020 8:34 PM

OP your friend is a perv who wants to watch you take a bath.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2020 9:43 PM

A friend and I rented a Hamptons house for a weekend and each of us, separately, saw the ghostly image of a woman in a long dress at the top of the stairs. Coincidence? I think not!

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2020 10:01 PM

Not me personally but my nephew. My brother and his family along with a few other families went camping deep in the Rocky Mountains. My brother is a hunter and his wife is pretty butch too so they don’t generally stay at campsites but have hunting locations in the woods.

Long story short, they were all out at one of these locations for a couple of days with no issue until on the third day while they were hanging out at their group site, near a stream, my 6 year old nephew disappeared. One minute he was there, the next he was not. Panic instantly set in as the northern Alberta forest is not one to fuck with. They called the RCMP and a search party instantly went looking for him. It was late afternoon and although they hadn’t found him they searched into the night.

Now the weird parts: they had searched a cave about a mile away from their site. It was a cave with a very large opening that had a shallow stream & trees in etc. - nephew was not there. By this time it was about 3am and the search party had gotten very large as his disappearance had made the news, so there were plenty of people in that area looking for him. About 3 minutes later my brother heard what he described as “the most blood chilling scream of terror” he’d ever heard. Everyone ran toward it and it was my nephew, covered in tons of scratches, in the opening of the cave. He was nearly hypothermic, eyes wide but completely silent. He was right where they had all already searched.

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2020 5:39 AM

Luckily he was found alive though and was immediately helicoptered you the hospital. Once he’d rested and recovered a bit he told a story that gives me goosebumps even as I write it. He said something along the lines of “I don’t like the other Nana” (which is what he calls my mom, his grandma). When asked why he said “don’t you remember when I was lost in the woods? The other Nana grabbed me and took me to the creepy place” (the cave we are assuming) “there were spiders there, and purses and guns and Other Nana is really a robot because she put a different face on” Cue Uncle A shitting his pants. “She climbed up a ladder and there were other people there too but they didn’t move. She made me lay on my tummy and poop on a sticky piece of paper. Then she took me back to the river to wait for you”

Obviously this riddled everyone, especially Nana who was freaked out she had a doppelgänger out in the woods while she was in Palm Springs.

We suspected a possible sexual assault? And my nephew went from very outgoing to much more quiet and sullen. He’s been in therapy on and off over the years and is 20 now. He jokes about the incident but you can tell there’s still a fear behind his eyes.

Scary fucken shit hey? Oh and my brother is still a douche who insisted on taking his family out in the woods to hunt. He and his son, my nephew don’t get along but they could be because my nephew is a big ol’ homo like his Uncle A.

Ps: I wrote this as I soaked in the bath and had tears streaming down my face while I did. Scares the shit out of me

by Anonymousreply 15May 16, 2020 5:40 AM

[R15] That is one of the most bizarre stories I’ve ever heard. Who was it and why did he think it was his grandma?! I don’t know if anyone could ever be normal after that. It sounds like an alien addiction or something.

by Anonymousreply 16May 16, 2020 2:49 PM

I wish I could get a reading from Tyler Henry, it would be great to hear from departed loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 17May 16, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote] When asked why he said “don’t you remember when I was lost in the woods? The other Nana grabbed me and took me to the creepy place” (the cave we are assuming) “there were spiders there, and purses and guns and Other Nana is really a robot because she put a different face on” Cue Uncle A shitting his pants. “She climbed up a ladder and there were other people there too but they didn’t move. She made me lay on my tummy and poop on a sticky piece of paper. Then she took me back to the river to wait for you”

It seems that he encountered a scat ghost. I assume this was the late Danny Thomas, assuming different forms.

by Anonymousreply 18May 16, 2020 3:19 PM

My niece used to frequently say, apropos to nothing in particular, “the other mother is crying again.”

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2020 3:45 AM

When my niece was 3 she called my dad by his first name like her older siblings did, he was Jim, not grandpa. She also started regularly talking to a small clock on a table that had belonged to my grandparents. My grandfather, who was also Jim, but always referred to as grandpa, had died when she was about 14 months old. One night she went through a stack of photos and every time grandpa was in a picture she’s point to him and say “New Jim.”

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2020 3:38 PM

^^ Forgot to add, her older siblings had called their great grandfather “old grandpa,” - in the family he was never addressed, or referred to, by his first name by anyone other than my grandmother but she had died before my niece was born.

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2020 3:45 PM

R14-15, this type of disappearance has been written about extensively by David Paulides. People who simply vanish, frequently in woods, now you see him, now you don't. I think it's an interdimensional event. Some people are never found, others are found in places that were extensively and repeatedly search. And then suddenly there they are. Often unable to articulate what happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2020 9:24 PM

Not a ghost experience, per se, but after leaving my mother's funeral to head to the burial site, I called one of my siblings to see how far behind they were. I put the phone back in my pocket and it sounded as if it was dialing out. I assumed I had butt dialed, so I pulled it out to hang it up and it was calling my mother's cell. There was no way my phone could have dialed her number because by the time she had died I had called/text seemingly 100 people as I planned her funeral. I stared at the phone a bit longer trying to decide what to do, but I was freaked out by what may happen, so I disengaged the call and said, "Okay. You're here."

I didn't tell anyone, and as soon as I went to her home afterwards I grabbed her phone to check for any incoming or outgoing calls from phone, but there was nothing.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2020 9:41 PM

Like r9’s niece, my niece (who was born with a caul over her face) used to have animated conversations with the empty air. When asked with whom she was speaking, she said matter-of-factory, “The mean lady.” These stopped as she grew older. We were too weirded out to inquire further about “the mean lady”.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2020 9:53 PM

^^^ “matter of factly”

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2020 9:54 PM

OP? They're here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2020 9:59 PM

Does the butch sister in law have short hair? (Just curious about what makes a woman butch.)

It does sound as if the kid was sexually abused. The woman who took him (or man) told him that she was her grandmother, wearing a robot mask or whatever. This seem pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2020 10:01 PM

I, for one, welcome our fembot overlords

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2020 10:04 PM

Yes I’ve lived in a haunted house and had a few experiences throughout my life and yes busting makes me feel good.

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2020 10:05 PM

My dad and his second wife ended up in a memory care facility at the end of their lives, and one day my dad thought he saw my mother (who had recently died) walk into their room and kiss him.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2020 10:11 PM

No, but I met Carole Matthau at a party once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2020 11:03 PM

R15 that’s terrifying it makes me think of Missing 411

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2020 12:27 AM

I have never seen a ghost but I have seen angels, orbs and once a medieval pope hovering beside my bed. I had to sleep w the light on for 3 nights.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2020 1:03 AM

Molested by a pope ghost!

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2020 1:37 AM

R15, r32 This story is beginning to sound like an urban legend. I read about it first on r/missing411 on reddit, and then a few more sites. There's a few mutations of this tale. Which, I shall say is 100% BS.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2020 2:16 AM

r3 yours was an angel, not a ghosr.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2020 2:32 AM

Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2020 2:47 AM

I ain't afraid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2020 2:56 AM

R14, have you written the story before? It sounds familiar! Maybe on Reddit? It’s absolutely terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2020 3:12 AM

Not me, but my SIL and I were talking about this the other day. We had a pair of cleaning ladies who cleaned our family country house. The one saw my late FIL sitting in his favorite chair reading the newspaper. He’d been gone for a few years by that point. She fled, screaming, and refused to go back into the house to even get her purse and shoes. I hope he’s still around to see what a nice job we’ve done with the place.

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2020 3:18 AM

I’ve had a lot of near-misses and lucky breaks in my life, so I sometimes like to think there’s a guardian angel looking out for me. That’s not scary, though.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2020 3:22 AM

(R41) I feel the same. I had a number of near-fatal car crashes and/or potential accidents, but have remained unscathed. And major trouble usually occurs after I leave somewhere (for example, returning home from Asia and Seattle right before Coronavirus hit)..

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2020 7:40 AM

Wouldn't the existence of ghosts also mean that God/Devine spirit exists as well?

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2020 7:43 AM

[quote] I turned around to thank the guy seconds later, but he had disappeared! Even stranger is I remember him having curly blond hair and wearing all camo. My mom said he was wearing a blazer and had brown hair, but also thought it strange he vanished.

I may have told this story here years and years ago but a similar thing happened when I was with my mom as a teenager.

We had to go to a different part of the city so I could do something for school. She didn't know where we were going so instead of driving she figured we'd take public transportation since it apparently stopped near where we had to go. It did! But to get back home we had to go somewhere else.

When we arrived to that part of the city where we'd never been before (and haven't since) I remember there being absolutely no one outside. It was fall. We went and did what I was supposed to do for school and then we went to take a bus back home. We walked to where we thought we should take it (and this is before cell phones had actually good maps and screens. I may have had a flip phone.) and we waited. Nothing came. Nor did we see another soul outside.

My phone was dying. So we walked around for a while and found another place. Nothing came. It then started snowing! We were both cold and tired and had been wandering around for about two hours. I grew up in one of those towns where when it's Sunday you really may not see anyone in certain parts of the city. We were in one of those parts. We tried to go back to where we came from and it was closed.

So finally my mom and I start fighting. It started out as bickering and then turned into arguing. My phone was dead. There was no one around, the streets were empty, the shops around us all looked closed and then while we were engrossed in our fighting an elderly woman walked past us out of nowhere and smiled. I only remember that she was carrying an umbrella and it wasn't raining. I was probably noticeably freaked out at that point because where we were standing, it was like the shape of a T. We were at the intersection and there was a wall behind us going all the way up the street. In front of us was a road going straight and another road along the wall.

Basically if someone was coming we would have seen it. Now, even if we hadn't because we were fighting ....

My mom asked her if she knows where we can take a bus. She tells us to walk up in a certain direction then turn and there we'd be. We thank her and she keeps on walking along the wall. She was so incredibly sweet. My mom says, "Let's go!" I said, "That was nice of that woman!" My mom agreed and when we had crossed the street and I turned around, there was NO ONE. I said, "Ma! Look!" She turned and saw nothing too. And because she was walking along the "wall" she couldn't have gone anywhere. If she crossed the street we would have seen her. She couldn't have entered a building because we were surrounded by stores and none of them were on that side of the street. We had only turned our backs for probably less than a minute and she wasn't moving that fast.

On the way back home my mom looked at me and said, "I think that was our Guardian Angel." We never spoke of it again.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2020 9:06 AM

R39 Yes I’ve told the same story on Reddit and Quora

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Rented older house w/BF at south end of Los Muertos Beach in PV. One night, was awakened by sounds of something rummaging thru our things and then, felt the pressure of said entity sitting at end of bed. As soon as nudged BF to turn on lights, nothing was there. Thought perhaps it could had been a monkey sneaking into room, but entry door and windows were closed.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2020 5:06 PM

I stayed in a haunted condo in Mazatlan. Couldn't sleep. Kept getting zapped with little electric shocks through the night. Someone whispering my name as I was doing laundry. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 3:42 AM

Yes I believe in spirits. I’ve had many encounters over the past few years. Generally I’m not afraid, some spirits are friendly and some are not, just like people irl. Most of them simply want to cross over and need help to do so. The house of my mother in law is crawling with spirits always, it’s an old house in a mining town. Former butcher/abattoir. First time I went upstairs there I saw a man who had hung himself. I saw him hanging from the staircase. When I went to the bathroom that night and looked in the mirror I didn’t see my own reflection but a woman with ginger hair. After my awakening I found out she’s one of my ancestors. Anyway that house always feels crowded and it’s always dark no matter what the weather is like. My in laws don’t believe in the spiritual or I would’ve cleansed the house already. Having to spend the night there is really uncomfortable.

When I was visiting a no longer in use airfield(it is now a museum partly) I saw an airforce officer walking the grounds. At that point I thought it obviously was still partly in use. When I went to the museum and bought a ticket I told the lady I saw a RAF officer in a grey uniform and she simply said that it wasn’t possible.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 8:03 AM

[quote]I stayed in a haunted condo in Mazatlan. Couldn't sleep. Kept getting zapped with little electric shocks through the night. Someone whispering my name as I was doing laundry. So weird.

How did a ghost in Mazatlan know your name and did it have a Mazatlandian accent?

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 8:08 AM

I remember when I’d just bought my previous house whenever I walked in, it felt as if I had to tiptoe because I could sense a presence of a man in the house and I didn’t dare to disturb him. I was so afraid. Eventually a friend of mine helped me and crossed him over. The whole atmosphere in the house changed after that. No more cold spots etc

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 9:28 AM

If anyone needs help with energies that don’t belong let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I’m a shamanic healer. Here to help. Lockdown is bad enough as it is.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 11:21 AM

R49 it read my passport. Snoopy ghost.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 1:09 PM

The house I lived in from 8 to 20 was haunted. I experienced many things along with my sister and dad. Only one who never did was my mom and that’s a good thing because she would have been the most scared. It was creepy but nothing ever felt evil or threatening . I have many good memories of that house because it’s where I grew up. Probably wouldn’t spend a night there alone now though !!

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 1:51 PM

I don't profess to know what "ghosts" are, but I've had multiple experiences in my life dating back to childhood that I can only classify as "supernatural," as in I cannot come up with any rational explanation for them that makes sense. I have told this one here before, but, I'll give a condensed version: When I was in high school, and elderly woman who was a family friend lost her husband in their house on hospice. Her husband was very wealthy, and a bitter battle began over his estate between her and his children from his first marriage. Several months later, she moved out, and on a couple of occasions I helped my mom and the woman's son pack up the house for a pending auction. A number of odd things happened during the time my mom and her son were working there together, such as faucets turning on, things being rearranged in the morning, etc. One afternoon when I was there, we all witnessed the chandelier in the dining room start swinging violently back and forth, as if someone had shoved it. On a different occasion, the toilet in the hall bathroom cracked down the back of the tank all the way to the floor, causing a flood—it was so loud that I heard it from down the hallway. This was in the early summer, so it wasn't from freezing temperatures. The vibes in that house were very odd after he died, unwelcoming almost. Long story short, the house was indisputably haunted, and I believe it was the woman's husband who was angry with how she was handling his estate (which she eventually ended up getting all of—a gold digger she was).

I've had other more minor things happen that weren't so major, but still left an impression—mainly occurrences where I've walked into a space that for some reason set off extrasensory alarm bells for no apparent reason. This is always alarming because it induces fear but you can't identify why. Whenever this has happened to me, I always assume there is "something" in that space that I am not privy to.

As far as the supernatural is concerned in general, I truly believe there are many things in this world that we have yet to explain with science, and that we maybe one day will. We just aren't there yet. I'm not sure if what we think are "ghosts" are always intelligent beings, either—i.e. intelligent "spirits," if you will; I think that sometimes what we're interpreting as ghosts are just rips in the space-time continuum that we're witnessing and/or feeling. In other cases though, like the story I mentioned above, I can't find an explanation that doesn't point toward some sort of intelligent entity.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 1:52 PM

R54 profound experiences. I’d consider developing my gift more.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 2:30 PM

[Quote] Thought perhaps it could had been a monkey sneaking into room,

A monkey r46? Where do you live that you'd think that?

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 5:40 PM

My grandmother's house had a presence in it. My brother, my three cousins and I always felt something in the upstairs bathroom. To get to the bathroom, you had to walk by the stair to the attic. It was right in that spot that it always felt like someone was watching you. It was more of a creepy feeling, but we usually got our business done and got back downstairs. We used to look behind us as we walked (actually usually ran) down the stairs. My youngest cousin was about 10 years younger than the rest of us. He used to be terrified to go to the upstairs bathroom and we'd always have to accompany him.

When we were adults, we all shared experiences with feeling the presence. Our parents and our aunt also said they had the same feeling. The best story was from my sister-in-law, who did not believe in ghosts or spirits. One Christmas, she was upstairs in that area wrapping gifts. She heard someone coming up the back stairs. Her back was to the stairs. She felt someone come up behind her, assumed it was my brother, and asked him for more tape a couple times without getting an answer. When she turned around, no one was there. She freaked out and ran downstairs. My brother was in the living room, so on another floor and opposite end of the house. It couldn't have been him. No one else had gone upstairs.

We never told our grandmother about whatever it was. After my grandmother died, I was upstairs in that area. I didn't feel anything. I told my mother I thought whatever it was had moved on. My mother agreed and said she never felt that weird feeling of being watched anymore when she was in that area. We did find out an older man died upstairs in that house. We don't know which room, but we all assume it must have been him. For whatever reason, that spirit always felt like a man, and everyone in my family agreed.

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 7:01 PM

^It was interesting. I'm not sure what it was, but for so many people to feel it was strange. We didn't really talk about it until we were adults, so it's not like we were influenced by each other's stories. My sister-in-law having her experience really drove it home. She had heard our stories but scoffed at them. She did not at all believe there was a ghost in the house. For her to have that experience and be so utterly terrified was out of character for her. Whatever it was, it was just creepy. It never felt malevolent, not did any of us ever see an apparition. It just felt like you were being watched.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2020 7:02 PM

I slept in a hotel once, in the basement. Old 18th century building. The stuff I put on the desk and a shelf kept being pushed off for no reason. Put it back several times. In the windowless bathroom it was so cold and I felt very uneasy and not alone. I looked in the mirror when washing my hands and saw a woman with a bruised face standing behind me. I was very happy to leave the hotel the next morning. When I did I saw there was a 19th century cemetery across the street. The cemetery could be a coincidence but the hotel really felt creepy and cold.

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2020 3:19 AM

R51, I’ll take you up on that. A jealous friend has left bad energy in my house...can you help me get rid of it?

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2020 3:39 AM

It's not creepy, nor is it unexplainable. My mother died in 2013. On her birthday in 2014, my electric kettle kept tripping the circuit breaker. Repeatedly. It never did it before and it never did it since. I pretty much presumed she was around. During that day, my dad called and during our conversation he told me his phone kept ringing and when he answered it nobody was on the other line. I told him my mom was saying hello, that it's a fairly common occurence.

by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2020 4:58 AM

R51 I’ll make a journey on it and do some cleansing. I assume you have cut all ties with the friend? Will let you know how it went.

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2020 8:10 AM

It's kind of funny. We look for the unexplainable and then freak out when we get what we wished for.

The Hollywood idea of ghosts, magic, vampires, werewolves, fairies, aliens etc. doesn't exist. But most of us are just stuck with these templates to interpret the unexplainable and, because of what usually happens in Hollywood (horror / syfy) movies, we freak out that this could happen for real and then it's "OMG, no! I never wanted THAT!".

Why do some people still look for comfort in Christianity and the Bible? Because they've been conditioned that it can give them comfort in a time when they are most uncomfortable (like, when someone we loved died or something traumatic happened to us). We are creatures of habit, and we hold on to beliefs even when we think we've outgrown and dismissed them a long time ago, but then - all of a sudden - they still control our thoughts and actions in a situation that pushes us to the edge or extreme. And that's when you see the Hollywood interpretation of ghosts and aliens.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2020 8:27 AM

Ghosts must be ghosting me, I have never thought I was around one.

by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2020 9:41 AM

I grew up in a house that had its share, then later bought a condo which every roommate I had swore was haunted despite my never experiencing very much myself.

I can tell stories if you like but they’re a litany of minor disturbances, nothing major.

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2020 9:56 AM

Do share R65

by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2020 10:27 AM

Hi R62! Yes, friendship ended for good about 18 months ago. I burned his letters and donated his little gifts. Someone who talks to spirits twice told me someone left something bad when they visited but initially I thought it was someone else and only realized later it was him, and that’s when I got rid of his things.

by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2020 12:42 PM

On the topic of the Bible mentioned at R63, is it true that prayer and a crucifix will protect you from otherworldly evils? Or have I simply watched way too many movies? What can one do to protect themselves in these situations. I know smudging is supposed to be effective, but is invoking God and/ or angels recommended?

by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2020 2:46 PM

Whats smudging?

by Anonymousreply 69May 21, 2020 2:49 PM

r68, whatever you strongly believe protects you (heirloom, lucky charm, artifact or symbol) will protect you. Your faith in being protected (and worthy of escape and stay alive) will make you see - and take - a way, path, or opportunity to escape a dangerous situation that will elude others who believe that they can't escape (and deserve their fate).

by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2020 2:54 PM

R69, smudging involves burning something in your house, like sage, to cleanse it. I do it on the new and full moon.

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2020 2:56 PM

Very cool R71.

by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2020 3:01 PM

Thanks R70, that's a good explanation.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2020 3:38 PM

Well, I don't know but let me tell you what happened to me.

It was prom night, and me and some of my hot buddies and our mean girlfriends decided we would secretly elect this weird girl as prom queen, and then we would dump a bucket of pigs blood on her. But then, things started to go wrong.

Our gym teacher / counselor Betty Buckley then got severed in two by a flying lunch room table. That was a strange night, I can tell you that!

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2020 3:46 PM

You'll believe in more than that before DL is finished with you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2020 3:48 PM

R67 Im a firm believer that bad energy can be attached to things . My late husband and I moved to Orlando for a great job offer (he was into IT before it was a thing ) and we lucked into this fabulous mother in law apartment built right next to a gorgeous ravine. For about 3 months things went swimmingly ,then one weekend at a garage sale I bought this print because it had a gorgeous carved frame. I hung it on the wall,then one day took it down to clean it and discovered a turn of the century photograph of a stunningly handsome young man tucked behind the print. I was thrilled as he was far more interesting to look at than that cheap print ,yet my husband,who normally cared not one whit about what I did with the decor,decided he didnt like it as it gave him the creeps. I of course knew my taste was better than his,so up the chap went .

All of a sudden,every thing started going wrong. My husband got laid off,our car had mechanical issues that was going to be very costly,the landlord stopped by and announced he was were selling the house,husband broke his wrist,etc,etc,etc . An unceasing run of bad luck. One day a friend of mine stopped by and she hadnt seen the guys picture yet and the second she walked in she said "that guy is evil" . I asked why she thought that and she ascribed it to just a feeling. After she left I started thinking about it,and I realized that all of the downturn started when I put up that picture.

After a few more days (and even more bad luck ) I took that thing off the wall and threw it on the grill out back and burned it,frame and all . Almost immediately everything started to turn around. Husband got called back to his job,the car only needed a $50 part as opposed to 1000s,the landlord decided not to sell the house, I mean it was almost miraculous how fast the situation reversed . Since then I will not have antique photos in my house unless they are family.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2020 3:50 PM

Wow r76 thanks!

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2020 4:00 PM

I've told this before in other threads.

20 years ago I was working for a small company in Jersey City Heights in a 100 year old building. My office was on the 4th floor, my assistants office was next to mine and next to hers was a photo studio I used for product shots, doors connected all three and you could look from my office into the photo studio. One day we were sitting in my office discussing upcoming projects I kept glancing into the studio because I kept seeing flashes of movement out of the corner of my eye my assistant noticed this and told me that she was a medium and could communicate with the dead. She said there were 2 ghosts in the building one on the 4th floor and one on the third floor which we used to store props and other materials. The ghost on our floor was mischievous but not harmful he would rearrange things in the photo studio and hide things. The company owner had a cat which wold spend a lot of time with us when the cat would start to whine we knew the ghost was with us, he was constantly whining. She didn't say much about the other ghost but would never enter the third floor alone. One time I had to go to the third floor to get a few items needed for a shoot, I felt like someone was following me the entire time I was down there I got what I needed and rushed back upstairs.

Several months later we had to work on a Saturday the owner had a presentation on Monday for Walmart. We had to call the security company to open 2 sets of double locked doors to get into the building. We were told that if we left the building we would not be able to re enter and that we would be the only people in the building. Around 4 pm when we were finished with the presentation we heard someone walking down the hall outside my office open and close the doors leading out we looked at each other as we heard the footsteps and decided it was time to leave we never bothered to clean up we put on our coats and quickly left.

One day she told me that I had someone around me she said this was my guardian angel when she described him to me I realized it was my grandfather my mothers father. She said most people have a guardian angel looking out for them. I sensed this before she told me since I have been able to avoid getting into serious situations all my life.

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2020 4:20 PM

^^^

About a year ago I drove by the building it had been converted into rental apartments I've always wonder if the ghosts were still in the building.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2020 4:26 PM

R51 So I made the journey and you’re almost good. If you can burn a candle tonight somewhere near the left front corner of your living room(I saw a door) then the process is done.

Smudging the place once every while like mentioned before upthread is always beneficial for any place. If you have a chunk of quartz it can help to maintain a positive vibe in a room too.

It’s always important to protect your own energy, envision a pyramid of light around yourself esp. when amongst (many) people. When you still feel something has lingered smudge yourself and say out loud that you are sending the energies return to sender.

Aho

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2020 4:41 PM

r76 I think you missed the whole point. I think the moral of that story is be more considerate of your husband. He didn't like the photo but you did and what he didn't like didn't matter to you. I think you paid for your selfishness. It had nothing to do with ALL antique photos.

by Anonymousreply 81May 21, 2020 5:01 PM

R80, wow! There IS a front door to the street on the left side of my living room, and when he came here he slept on that side of the couch! I am going to light two candles, one on each side of the door tonight and let it burn until morning. I am also the smudger above 😃 and tonight would have been the night anyhow. And I know I have a quartz crystal I can place there too!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 82May 21, 2020 5:03 PM

R82

There is a door in every living room. Notice he/she said left side and not East or West. Depending on where you’re standing in the living room, you can always find a door on the left side.

Do not send this charlatan any money.

by Anonymousreply 83May 21, 2020 5:47 PM

I once took a huge dump at a friend's house, and then ghosted from the embarrassment. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 84May 21, 2020 5:49 PM

R84 Did you stop the toilet up? Was there a mysterious, lingering odor?

by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2020 6:07 PM

No one asked for money, R83. And in fact, R80 said it was pretty much done apart from something I can easily do myself. :)

by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2020 6:20 PM

R78 some story and luckily you had the cat and the medium. I mean like in support of the experience.

by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2020 6:52 PM

Part 1 -- I’ve posted this (rather long) story before - on a Death Visitation thread. I’m actually skeptical about life after death; I was raised Catholic, and as a kid / young adult had a huge interest in the supernatural, ghosts, the occult - but in middle age, while I can see the comfort in believing in a soul, life after death, and heaven, it just seems so unlikely to me now. Although I admit that I know I don't know for sure. But the following did happen to me, and it was at the very least some kind of telepathic incident. This happened 33 years ago, so pre internet, cell phone and personal computer, but I remember everything clearly because I talked about it with a friend as it was happening, and later with my family at my grandfather's wake. I was my paternal grandfather's first grandchild, and a boy, so to an old Italian guy I was automatically the favorite. He was a kind, generous man and good to all his grandchildren, but as the family expression went, for him the sun rose and set on me. He was very proud that I got into the university I did, and as soon as I was accepted started talking about how he wanted to come out for my graduation - school was 1,000 miles away from home. He literally mentioned my graduation every time he saw me during my four years of college. Spring quarter of senior year, about 10 weeks before graduation, there had been a dorm party on Friday night and I woke up with a start early Saturday morning from a disturbing dream. My immediate thought was "I need to call home," but then remembered tomorrow would be Easter and I'd call home then. I rolled over and fell back asleep. The other reason I didn't call home immediately was there was no phone in my single dorm room. I had been on an off campus internship the quarter before, and saw no reason to pay the Bell Co. 80 bucks to hook up a phone for 3 months. I also was a work study assistant to a professor, and she let me call home long distance on her office phone - and back then that was a big deal, long distance was expensive. A few hours later I was down in the cafeteria eating with my friend Don who lived down the hall. He asked how I was, and I said I had just had a weird dream, that was kind of morbid and it was still on my mind. Then I told him the dream: I was in a theater watching an elaborate play - the setting looked like an engraving of Louis XIV's Grand Lever - a bunch of people standing around a fancy bed - the guy in the bed slumped over and they loudly announce "The King is dead." Then I'm having a back and forth discussion with my Father - there is some kind of animal or horse I want to keep but he says "there's no place to put it." Next I'm in my best friends kitchen taking to him - we are both young adults, but Joe's kitchen looked like it did when we were kids, with turquoise walls and 60's appliances. Suddenly his older cousin Greg walks into the kitchen and we both fall silent and stare at him. (In the dream, as in real life, I didn't like Greg - he was a few years older and kind of a bully, so whenever he visited I didn't enjoy playing with him.). (Continued)

by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2020 7:29 PM

Part 2. That was the gist of it, and Don agreed that is seemed weirdly morbid as we went back up to our rooms. When we got to my door there was a note taped to it - "Call home IMMEDIATELY," signed by the name of one of the guys currently living in my last year's dorm room - a phone number my mom would still have had. I turned to Don and said "I need to use your phone, somebody in my family is dead."

As we walked to his room I was afraid it was my dad because of the "King" in the dream. I got my mom on the phone and she told me grandpa had died earlier that morning in a car accident. My immediate reaction was actually anger - I had told my dad over a year before that he needed to take grandpa's car away from him - he was 80 and his driving frankly sucked - by my dad couldn't bring himself to do it.

The next hour was a blur - called my prof, she helped me book a ticket and picked me up on campus and drove me to the airport. As I waited for the plane, I tried to make sense of the dream. The "King" part was obvious, and the "no place to keep it" was too. In '74 my grandfather finally got rid of his '56 DeSoto, and I really wanted the car. He would have given it to me, but it would be 6 more years before I could drive, and my dad said "I'm sorry but there's no place to keep the car for that long." So Grandpa and dead - but I couldn't figure out why cousin Greg part was in there - it didn't make any sense.

About an hour later looking out at the clouds it hit me. I remembered one morning walking to HS with Joe our senior year when he randomly asked me, "Do you remember my cousin Greg?" "Yeah, I do, he was always an asshole." Joe paused a beat and then said, "Well he died the other day in a car accident." Being a 17 year old punk I replied "Well I'm sorry, but he was still an asshole." I realized that up until my grandfather, Greg was the only person I had known who died in a car wreck - so in a rebus puzzle kind of way the dream told me exactly what had just happened. As best as I can determine I had the dream just as or right after the accident occurred. And if I had actually called home right when I woke up, they probably wouldn't have known anything yet - my grandfather was out alone very early that morning when he got into the wreck - it took a bit for the hospital to track down an notify the family.

So did my grandfather's sprit come to say goodbye to me right after he died, or did he think so strongly of me and my graduation as he was dying that there was some kind of psychic, telepathic connection between us right before he passed away? I honestly don't know. I do know it happened, and nothing remotely similar had ever happened to me since.

by Anonymousreply 89May 21, 2020 7:31 PM

R86 you're welcome, I didn't go into detail as you read. I hope everything remains ok in the future and that the asmosphere feels lighter already. If any questions still pop up, feel free to drop me a line. Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 90May 21, 2020 7:42 PM

I learned of this website from DL years ago. I stumbled onto it when my wife was back east visiting her family and it scared the shit out of me.

Enjoy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 21, 2020 10:26 PM

Off topic, but I love your username 😂

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2020 11:03 PM

Since r66 asked, here's what I remember, and I hope this isn't too long.

The house I grew up in was the most active place I've lived. Before I was born a family relative came to visit, and was to stay in the front room that would later become my bedroom. The house was old and the plumbing retrofitted; off that bedroom was a small closet with a sink and commode, where he somehow got trapped inside. He yelled and screamed and banged on the door while my dad tried to pull the door open from outside, but they couldn't open it. There was no lock or even a latch on the door. They finally got the door open and he ran out into the front yard. He wouldn't talk about what he saw and wouldn't go back inside; my dad had to carry his luggage out to him and he stayed at a hotel.

Books used to fly off the bookshelf in the back bedroom, and a framed photo of my dad went sailing across the room. We never replaced the glass so it's still cracked. A friend of my sister's slept on the couch one night and woke up to a woman in a white dress standing over him staring at him, but I never saw her.

When I was born the front room became my room, and a string of strange nighttime noises and other occurrences were just... normal. I remember the rocking chair in the hall rocking by itself while I played video games, hearing heavy footsteps in the basement while no one else was home - of course when I went down to look the basement was empty. One truly strange thing was that figures on television, like in a sitcom, would randomly transform into skeletons then back to normal, as if it were part of the show. I remember the skeleton's jaw moving while the actress said her lines. Even though it was just on television, it sent a strong chill up my spine when it happened.

The only somewhat creepy experience occurred while I was in high school and a friend stayed over on a Friday night. My bedroom door was open and we both heard a muffled mumbling coming from the hall. I asked my friend if he heard it and he said yes. I asked what it was and he somberly said "the worst sound in the world. That's someone having an epileptic seizure." His dad had epilepsy.

I went off to college then bought a condo with its own strange quirks, but nothing really happened to me in it - only to my roommates. Today I'm grateful to live in new construction, where nothing wakes me up at night.

by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2020 12:08 AM

Wow, r93. Did you feel it was trying to harm you in any way?

R51 I’m not sure if this would be something you can help with, but a family member is currently fighting advanced cancer. Before she moved into her new home a couple of years ago she went to check on it when it was being constructed and found an extinguished earthenware lamp left on her doorstep. Her husband thinks that was something to do with black magic (maybe someone else’s way of diverting a curse or avoiding the same disease). Does that hold water? If so, what can be done about it? She did consult one or two priests and was told it was basically nothing, just to pray.

by Anonymousreply 94May 22, 2020 12:41 AM

You’re the best, R51/R90. Truly, you came along when I needed the last piece to drop into place. I do already feel better...I was singing The Ramones in the shower just now! I feel completely at peace for the first time in almost two years. ♥️ Thank you, sincerely. 😊😊😊

by Anonymousreply 95May 22, 2020 1:30 AM

R95 so happy to read this. Keep it up!! xo

R94 your family member got ill after she moved in you mean? So sorry she has to battle this disease. She doesn’t feel like she herself has any energetic attachments with her from that lamp. Objects, people, places can have energies or entities attached. Yes there are vile people out there who do the opposite of healing and try to make people ill. Also some people simply don’t know what they are doing when they are performing rituals and can harm others. When you mess with a person’s energy eventually they will get physical complaints or illnesses. The body is always the last part to get affected. What did your family do with the lamp? Earth has an energy grid, energy currents/lines. Some lines are more powerful than others. Feels like your families place is in an area where lines cross, so strong energy. Nothing negative but it’s good to f.e take that into account when placing your furniture and your beds. Aligning the latter north to south at a place like that will help the energy flow through you in a natural way so it won’t give you aches, sleeping trouble or whatever. Feng shui type of stuff. That’s all I can say for now since I didn’t make a journey there I never do anything for person without their permission you see. I’m sure the priest meant well and there’s nothing wrong with prayer. I’d see if you can find a genuine shaman to visit the place if your family members are open to it of course. Maybe there is a Native American one in the area where they live? Sorry for the long post. If you have more questions you let me know. Sending love to your family.

by Anonymousreply 96May 22, 2020 9:11 AM

R94 I forgot to add of course something can be done about a “cursed” object. What exactly to do depends on the type energy that’s attached.

by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2020 9:15 AM

R93 wow you’ve gone through a lot.....did your family ever feel comfortable in that house?

by Anonymousreply 98May 22, 2020 9:17 AM

Its the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

by Anonymousreply 99May 22, 2020 9:21 AM

As a small boy in wartime London, my dad and his friends were on their way to Sunday School. On their way they met a older gentleman who told them to go home as it has been cancelled. Some hours later the reverend came to their home looking for them. When they explained why they hadn't gone, he asked for a description of the older man and he had them pick the man out from a photo. The man they picked out was the former and long deceased clergyman, and that morning when the kids were supposed to be there, the church had been destroyed by in a German air raid.

by Anonymousreply 100May 22, 2020 9:21 AM

Saved by a loving ghost. Wonderful R100 🙏🏻

by Anonymousreply 101May 22, 2020 10:54 AM

r94 r98 as a kid I was afraid, any time my parents left me home alone (as one did in the 80s) my dad would get mad when they came home and I had turned on every light in the house.

by 4th or 5th grade the ghosts were just... there, as they had been. growing up where I did, I was much more afraid of people than ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2020 11:11 AM

Sounds tough R102 happy you’re at a place that is at peace now at least

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2020 11:32 AM

Christ. Another thread ruined by frau cunts.

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2020 12:19 PM

that’s Frau-BEAR to you, r104.

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2020 12:41 PM

r102, how old were you when your parents first started leaving you alone at night?

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2020 12:47 PM

r106 They never left me alone overnight, but they would go to community band practice or dinner with friends and come home well after dark. Some stuff like the footsteps happened during the day, but the house had a different feel to it at night.

by Anonymousreply 107May 22, 2020 1:01 PM

r106 and I forgot to answer your question: I was in elementary school, maybe 3rd or 4th grade.

by Anonymousreply 108May 22, 2020 1:02 PM

R104 please, you don’t have to believe but the judgement. So you’re looking down on anyone who isn’t a standard gay man? this is the reason why people feel closeted whether it’d be gender, sexuality related or spiritually related. The latter isn’t any easier. You are not helping.

by Anonymousreply 109May 22, 2020 1:06 PM

Several months ago, I heard my late husband call my name from right outside the bedroom door. I woke myself up answering, and then immediately remembered he was dead

The next morning the picture that is closest to my bedroom door was really, really crooked -which is something my OCD ass would never have walked by and ignored,

by Anonymousreply 110May 22, 2020 1:52 PM

I've told this one a while back. I was living with a partner for five years when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. It started in his stomach and spread to his liver. A month later, he died, at 2:12 AM. When I got home from the hospital, the clock beside the bed had stopped at 2:12. I took out the batteries and tested them. They were fine.

A month later, I walked out of the bedroom and as I started down the hallway, I saw him standing at the end of the hallway, in the doorway of the spare room. He was wearing his favorite shirt and he was looking straight at me, with a funny little smile/smirk. He was as clear and solid as an actual living human being. Then he simply vanished.

Things like this happen to me frequently. They don't scare or upset me. I'm too accustomed to them.

by Anonymousreply 111May 22, 2020 2:07 PM

Oh R111 how I WISH I would see my first true love again ! He died 26 years ago, and Ive only dreamed of him a few times and have never seen him ,though I always longed to . I think because his death was so sudden and so traumatic (car accident) that I just shut that part of my mind down. Same with my beloved grandmother. id give anything to see her again . Its funny ,Ive seen spirits many times , but never the ones I really truly loved .

by Anonymousreply 112May 22, 2020 2:14 PM

R112, I'm very sorry for your loss. My own ghost tale didn't exactly end with the sighting in the hallway. Something else happened which may have an explanation or not. It was New Year's Eve, the first one after his death in April. At midnight, the phone beside the bed rang. I picked it up and said hello. A voice on the other end said, "Hello," and I'll swear it was his voice. I know it was only one word, but he had an easily identifiable voice. I said "Hi!" but there was no response. Nobody hung up. When I picked up the phone there had been a muted buzzing on the line, and the buzzing continued. I continued prompting the voice to speak again, but nothing happened. I held the phone to my ear for 15 minutes, and that muted buzz continued. There were no background sounds at all except for that. I finally hung up.

by Anonymousreply 113May 22, 2020 2:31 PM

One thing you'll find is lots of those who've seen ghosts are young people. Probably due to the fact the frontal lobes aren't fully formed until you're roughly 25/26 years old. The other thing is humans are pattern matching machines. And without the frontal lobe subject to visual and auditory hallucination. That's probably 90% of your ghost stories right there.

by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2020 3:33 PM

My mom died on March 22, 2014 and it shattered me. She had given up on life and basically killed herself. I miss her desperately to this day.

About three months after she passed, I was getting ready for work and listening to “Late in the Evening” by Paul Simon. All of a sudden, I felt my mother’s presence all around me and I started laughing and crying simultaneously. Whatever it was, it helped with my grief and made me feel like she was with me in spirit. In her memory, I have the following lines from BOTW tattooed on my inner forearm: Your time as come to shine, All your dreams are on their way.

by Anonymousreply 115May 22, 2020 3:41 PM

Your time HAS come to shine.

by Anonymousreply 116May 22, 2020 3:42 PM

I've had several out of body experiences. I'll try to get a chance later to post the best of them. Things are busy here right now.

by Anonymousreply 117May 22, 2020 3:45 PM

I was young and renting a townhouse with two other homos and I am 100% sure something lived in our basement.

On move-in day we were taking things down to the unfinished basement, boxes that we wouldn’t use often and a Bow Flex (LoL are those still a thing?) and as soon as you entered the basement you got this feeling of dread. Later that day we heard a **pop** and went running to find that the basement light bulb had literally burst into a thousand pieces.

Our washer and dryer were in that basement which was a pain in the ass because of how uncomfortable the feeling was down there. We would quickly hand whatever clothes we needed to dry on the Bow Flex or in the dryer then zip up the stairs like a bat out of hell.

I was 18 at the time and like any other self respecting fag I worked at Starbucks which meant some super early mornings. It was usually a given that when I’d get home from my shift I would pass out on our sofa which sat in the sunny picture window. And I swear to god, I would be woken up by the feeling that something was watching me and sure enough when I’d open my eyes the basement door would be wide like a dark ominous mouth.

That’s how I knew something creepy lived down there - it would always remind you when you had totally forgotten about it. My last example was I was getting ready in whatever Le Chateau outfit I was wearing that night (it was 2001 lol) and the shirt I wanted to wear was drying down on the Bow Flex .. anyway, I have a house full of homos and Madonna blaring over the speakers so the last thing I’m thinking about is the demon in the basement. So I run down there and feel my way to the back corner (remember, the one exposed lightbulb had burst and we hadn’t replaced it) and as I was pulling on my tshirt I instantly knew I wasn’t alone down there. Even though nothing touched me or hissed my name in the darkness it didn’t have to, it felt like there was an evil entity inches from my nose in that darkness.

Anyway, it freaked the shit out of me so l ran up those stairs so quickly and then burned the entire house full of homos down and never went near that basement, or a Bow Flex again, LOL well, everything except the burning down part

by Anonymousreply 118May 22, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote] Objects can have energies

i could actually believe this. Just recently, i decided to buy a new upgraded laptop. After it got delievered, my current one started acting up, e.g. suddenly can't charge it due to malfunctioning battery. Coincidence? It seems it got jealous of the new one.

by Anonymousreply 119May 22, 2020 4:00 PM

R118 you escaped. Not Nice what you’ve gone through. It’s the place where a lot is lingering. it feels you are ok and hope you are now.

R119 electrolytes, much influenced by energies. When you start the laptop (and it doesn’t start up properly) focus! tell and ask (start the f up I’m asking you...) just concentrate, in my experience it has helped.

by Anonymousreply 120May 22, 2020 4:41 PM

Okay - I'm not sure that these should be classified as out of body experiences, as in near death experiences where the body is on an operating table and the spirit rises up and looks down at the situation, before deciding to go back where it should be. I only know that on both occasions I could feel my body lying on the bed, on my back, but the rest of me at the same time was somewhere else. I was NOT, I repeat NOT asleep. That is certain.

The first time this happened I was 34 years old. (I document these things in a journal.) I had gotten up from bed to go to the bathroom, and I had settled down once more, planning on going back to sleep, when suddenly WHAM! I was somewhere else. I could feel my body still on the bed, but I was moving down a pathway in the countryside, one I'm quite familiar with, on the property of a cousin. It was dark, of course, but the moon was out, and as I moved down the pathway, I realized that it was only some essential part of me - soul? spirit? - that was actually present. The path leads eventually to the shore, but it is a long path, and as I moved, I could see everything as if through specially equipped eyes that could make out details in the darkness.

Everything was beautiful. Everything was enhanced. I saw drops of dew on the leaves. I saw little snails crawling on branches and plants. I saw all manner of moths flitting through the darkness. I could feel the cool night breeze. And body-less, I moved smoothly slowly onward.

Suddenly it was over. All of me was back in bed again.

I have no idea what made this happen. But I do know, that it happened again, ten years later, and this is what it was like...

I woke up one morning about two months ago, and rolled over onto my back. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, and then suddenly, like the other time, I was somewhere else. This time I was standing out in the yard, just past the back of the house, standing in a large oval shaped area that is used as a flower bed in the summer. In reality it was winter, but in the vision it was summer. It was as if I were two people, I could vaguely feel myself on the bed, but at the same time I could feel the earth under my feet. And most amazing of all, coming toward me was a special cat of mine who had died 15 years ago. She approached me timidly, her head kind of cocked to one side, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Then, suddenly, I was out of there and back on the bed again.

J have no idea what these visions are all about. But I am part of them as they are happening, and they are not dream like. It feels as if I was actually there.

by Anonymousreply 121May 22, 2020 5:27 PM

R51/96 thank you very much for your kind words and advice. I think the lamp was thrown out.

She is having another surgery tonight or tomorrow so I will follow the priests’ advice and pray (what else can I do anyway)

by Anonymousreply 122May 22, 2020 11:17 PM

R121

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 23, 2020 6:45 AM

R118 are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 124May 23, 2020 7:42 AM

R122 I am sorry I couldn’t do more than simply sense if the lamp has something to do with the condition of your aunt and sensing the grounds the building is at. The person(s)who live in the house have to give permission. The same goes for personal healing. It’s shamanic code so to say. We don’t judge, we don’t give unasked advice and we don’t heal places or people without their consent.

Praying is good, make your intentions very clear about the person you are praying for. Ask archangel Michael to sever all unhealthy/non beneficial energetic ties for example. Or simply ask for a cleansing of the chakras for speedy recovery.

Hope she’ll get well.

by Anonymousreply 125May 23, 2020 10:26 AM

R121 miss Lucy, those were lucid dreams. The tricky thing about them is that it feels like you’re awake though in reality you are not. The spirit or soul travels and in lucid dreams you are aware of the journey in “ regular” dreams you are often not. Beautiful experience with the cat. When you journey via trance or dream it feels like you’re at the place. Your spirit is there. Just be careful when you want to journey again, or consciously feel that you want to. It’s important to bring your power animal is and your main guide to protect you.

by Anonymousreply 126May 23, 2020 10:41 AM

R126 Thank you so much for that explanation. I appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 127May 23, 2020 10:57 AM

I too appreciate that exploration.

by Anonymousreply 128May 23, 2020 11:15 AM

So, I didn't want to tell anybody this. But, I am married to ghost.

They are making a TV show about it. Dick G3regoy will play my husband. Jhonny Depp will play our son.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 129May 23, 2020 11:19 AM

R127 thanks for sharing your profound experiences. 🙏🏻

This is a very interesting thread in general.

by Anonymousreply 130May 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Here I go again....

When I was in my teens I had a cat named Tibbs. He was a gorgeous silver and black butterfly tabby and a dear, sweet cat. Tibbs died suddenly. My grandmother simply found him dying one day.

A while after his death, this happened: I was in bed and still awake. My father slept in the bedroom across the hall. Dad was a strong believer in the paranormal. We had two other cats, and at night they were shut in the kitchen.

I heard the floor creak in the hallway downstairs. Then cat footsteps trotting quickly up the stairs. I started to feel uneasy. The footsteps reached the upstairs hallway, and slowly proceeded up the hallway. They stopped outside my doorway. I had this moment of panic, wondering what I would do if the footsteps came into my room. Then suddenly the cat rushed back down the hallway and down the stairs.

The light came on in my father's bedroom. He came out muttering something about a damned cat getting out of the kitchen. However, when he reached the kitchen, the door was still closed, and the two cats were fast asleep.

Fast forward a few years, and I'm in my twenties, living by myself. My mother suggested that I should come over for dinner on a particular day, so I arrive at the house, let myself in, pass through the sun porch and I'm into the hallway. This "hallway" is actually a large square room. I take a couple of steps forward and I see Tibbs, as large as life, making his way out of the kitchen, walking toward me, looking straight into my face...and then he vanishes.

Later, I took my father aside and told him what I had seen. He told me matter-of-factly that he had seen Tibbs upstairs numerous times, running in and out of rooms and frisking around in the upstairs hallway. Tibbs, he said, was always surrounded by a glow of light.

by Anonymousreply 131May 23, 2020 12:25 PM

Within ghost hunting and parapsychology, Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) are sounds found on electronic recordings that are interpreted as spirit voices that have been either unintentionally recorded or intentionally requested and recorded. Parapsychologist Konstantīns Raudive, who popularized the idea in the 1970s, described EVP as typically brief, usually the length of a word or short phrase.

Enthusiasts consider EVP to be a form of paranormal phenomenon often found in recordings with static or other background noise. Scientists regard EVP as a form of auditory pareidolia (interpreting random sounds as voices in one's own language) and a pseudoscience promulgated by popular culture. Prosaic explanations for EVP include apophenia (perceiving patterns in random information), equipment artifacts, and hoaxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 23, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote] and then he vanishes.

You mean disappearing in front of your eyes, or leaving the room ?

by Anonymousreply 133May 23, 2020 12:45 PM

r133 He disappeared in front of my eyes. He didn't fade away. One minute he was there and the next second, he wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 134May 23, 2020 12:55 PM

R135 Miss Lucy maybe it’s time to develop your gift? You can’t hide it away forever. When you have so many experiences maybe do a workshop or a course? Something that feels ok for you. Trust your intuition. The spiritual closet isn’t any easier than the gay closet I think (my personal experience)

by Anonymousreply 135May 23, 2020 1:08 PM

R134

by Anonymousreply 136May 23, 2020 1:09 PM

It’s all about frequencies R132

by Anonymousreply 137May 23, 2020 1:20 PM

R135 I honestly don't know of any course nearby at the moment but I would certainly consider one. My cousin used to give a course that was very popular, but unfortunately he passed away. He had unbelievable gifts. (It must be a family thing because my father had similar gifts.) My cousin used to work with cancer patients handling pain control. Doctors in the area would refer patients to him. He told me once that I had a huge concentration of energy around me that flared out from me a considerable distance. Unfortunately I have no control over this gift, and it's all random.

by Anonymousreply 138May 23, 2020 1:25 PM

R124 Are you a cunt? .. yep, I believe you are. I hope you get haunted AF

by Anonymousreply 139May 23, 2020 1:42 PM

R137: What's the frequency, Kenneth?

by Anonymousreply 140May 23, 2020 1:47 PM

I posted this one last year on a Halloween thread....

This isn't a ghost story, but it's strange, and it does involve "the unknown," so to speak. Sometimes I have a sort of premonition. It never has anything to do with world events or mass death and destruction. It very often concerns something utterly unimportant. For example, a girl wanted to take my picture, and I blurted out, "Sure, but your camera won't work." And it didn't. I have no idea why I knew that. Another example: driving along in my car, seeing a dog in somebody's yard, and thinking , "That dog is going to die soon." And it did. When I drove back that way a little later, the dog must have gotten out of its yard, and was lying dead beside the road.

When these "premonitions" come," and they certainly aren't frequent, I KNOW that these things are going to happen. There's a really strange feeling, almost of euphoria. And I've never been wrong. When they come, the event is surely going to happen, even if it's only something mundane and unimportant..

A number of years ago, I had a cat named Lucky.. He was the son of a pregnant feral cat I had taken in, and had named Jasmine. When Jasmine's kittens were being born, Lucky was a breech birth. She was laboring terribly, trying to get the kitten out, but nothing was happening. I could see the kitten's backside so I grabbed as much of him as I could, and gave a mighty pull. I must have been causing Jasmine some extra distress, because she sank her teeth into my left hand and wouldn't let go. I wouldn't let go, either, so with one hand throbbing like hell, I managed to get the kitten out. I made sure he was breathing okay, and gave him to his mother. All was well.

I found homes for all the other kittens, but I kept Lucky for myself. After all, we had a bond. He was a thin wiry little guy, grey with white trim, a very loving and pleasant little cat. One August, he managed to get out of the house, and he didn't come back. There is woodland and forest behind the house, and I figured he either got lost, or was killed by a wild animal. Four months passed, and there was no sign of Lucky.

Near the end of November, I was getting ready to go to a late movie. It was probably about nine o'clock. I was in the shower, the water was running, I could hear nothing but the water, and suddenly, it hit me. Lucky is on the back step.

I was so surprised, shaken, thrilled, that, water still running I rushed stark naked out of the shower to the back door, threw the door open, and yes, Lucky was there, weaving back and forth impatiently on the step, as if he had never been gone.

I am also terribly thankful that it was Lucky there and not some unsuspecting person who would be traumatized for life because a naked man had opened the door.

by Anonymousreply 141May 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Miss Lucy. Find a course or teachings whatever. They’ll be happy to have you. You are so gifted and you have helped many. Maybe unconsciously but you can help many more. I recommend something shamanic and trust your intuition on what’s available, go for the real deal if you understand/sense what I mean. I know you do 😉🙏🏻♥️

by Anonymousreply 142May 23, 2020 2:21 PM

Thank you so much, R142. I'll see what's out there. I promise.

by Anonymousreply 143May 23, 2020 2:24 PM

It’ll come on your path. Thanks for sharing your experiences. It helps all of us who are struggling with spiritual and unexplainable things.

by Anonymousreply 144May 23, 2020 2:46 PM

It’ll come on your path. Thanks for sharing your experiences. It helps all of us who are struggling with spiritual and unexplainable things.

by Anonymousreply 145May 23, 2020 2:46 PM

Is Lucky still with you?

by Anonymousreply 146May 23, 2020 2:50 PM

R146, Lucky died a couple of years ago, peacefully and quietly of old age. He is buried in our yard, where I keep my cat "cemetery." I still miss him.

by Anonymousreply 147May 23, 2020 2:56 PM

R147 - if you don’t mind sharing, does your name reference anyone or anything specific? I kept thinking about the two schoolyard rhymes where she had a baby and a steamboat.

And if you do not step on it, I’ll shove it up your ASK me no more questions...

by Anonymousreply 148May 23, 2020 3:27 PM

I wonder what a venn diagram would look like of people who have seen ghosts and are bi-polar.

by Anonymousreply 149May 23, 2020 3:36 PM

R148 I've been on Datalounge off and on since 2004, but I had previously posted anonymously. Last August, i decided to take a name. Just before I made that decision, I had adopted a cat named Lucy from the SPCA. When I got her home I took her out of her carrier, and picked her up in my arms. Her personality shone forth like a beacon. I said to her, "You're not just Lucy, you're the Fabulous Miss Lucy. I decided to use that as my Datalounge identity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 23, 2020 3:41 PM

Miss Lucy is definitely fabulous, there’s no denying, R150. 😻

by Anonymousreply 151May 23, 2020 4:01 PM

Lucy thanks you, r151. We also have her sister, Cinder, who is helping me type this message. Cinder lost an eye as a young kitten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 23, 2020 4:12 PM

Whah!! Miss Lucy bright light, Cinder resilient.

by Anonymousreply 153May 23, 2020 5:17 PM

After my cat died, I frequently felt something that felt something very much like her settling on my feet at night, where she used to sleep. Someone in another ghost thread mentioned that phantom cats are a common phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 154May 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Aww beautiful cats. I think I have have shared this before on dl. As a teenager I had a best friend and when we were together weird stuff always happened. She moved away in her early 20s and although we both still have strange experiences it’s not like it used to be. Together we had a lot of phone stuff happen. I was playing a prank once. I called my phone at home it rang once and I picked up. This was a common prank I pulled so I was familiar with the usual operator followed by the dial tone. I pretended it was a mutual friend of ours and talked as the recording went on. held out the phone and said “say hello”. Expecting my friend to hear the recording. We both heard a hoarse Kind of frisky voice clearly say “hello” through the phone followed by silence. She laughed but I was terrified. I told her why and we were both scared after that. When she moved into her first apartment after high school she had a digital answering machine. I remember coming over a few times and she’d have new messages waiting. She’d press play and a few times it was creepy stuff like people talking backwards. We had more stuff happen but all the phone stuff creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 155May 23, 2020 5:51 PM

What do you see in this image? Most people see nothing but a gray mist.

But if you have the gift of sight, you will see something else. Tell us in the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 23, 2020 5:58 PM

I see Casey Affleck

by Anonymousreply 157May 23, 2020 7:09 PM

I also see Casey Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 158May 23, 2020 7:34 PM

R153 That pretty much describes the two of them. Cinder sustained a brain injury when she lost her eye, and there are times when she will stare blankly down at the floor. She has occasional mild seizures, as well, but she forges on with great courage.

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2020 7:50 PM

R154 That is quite common after the death of a cat. It's happened to me a number of times. The first was many years ago when I was in my teens. A cat had just died, and when I woke up the next morning, before I actually opened my eyes, a cat jumped onto the bed, and walked over me. I opened my eyes immediately and there was nothing there, plus the bedroom door was closed.

by Anonymousreply 160May 23, 2020 7:55 PM

r156 a ROAST!!!

by Anonymousreply 161May 23, 2020 8:09 PM

Not a ghost story but this was a bit weird. When I was in college someone came over to my house when I was alone and I felt very uneasy with them, afraid actually. My stomach did a flip and I knew I had signaled my mom. A minute later the phone rang and I picked it up and said, "Hi Mom". My Mom wanted to know how I knew it was her. The unwelcomed guest got up and left.

by Anonymousreply 162May 23, 2020 9:39 PM

R150 That is one serious looking cat. What happened to her left ear?

by Anonymousreply 163May 24, 2020 12:07 AM

This isn't as interesting as Miss Lucy but I had a similar premonition the other day about something pretty trivial. (Also, never a history of accurate ESP). My partner and I were driving home from a nice lunch trip. We were on the long upward slope of a highway with three lanes on our side. This patch of highway typically has a police car hiding off to the side.

As we began our ascent, a bright green older sports car started speeding up the little on-ramp to join the rest of us. I looked at the two younger people driving and immediately wanted to tell them to slow down and be invisible because they were going to be pulled over. They weren't speeding though. Sure enough, a police car let us pass and came out of the bushes, pulling them over. As we drove home, I felt kind of sorry for them because these guys in the sportscar looked so happy and I hadn't seen them break the law but I guess they did. So weird!! I wish I had clear premonitions like that more often.

by Anonymousreply 164May 24, 2020 12:12 AM

Why do we do this thread every 4 months?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 24, 2020 1:04 AM

R165 Because its FUN ,you asshole !

by Anonymousreply 166May 24, 2020 1:27 AM

Also the thread in r165 was a follow-along in real time, not a one time story as we are telling here.

Not to diminish that thread at all, it is one of my favourites on DL as I don’t think it’s made up.

by Anonymousreply 167May 24, 2020 1:45 AM

"Today I'm grateful to live in new construction, where nothing wakes me up at night."

Not so fast: you could be on Indian burial ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 24, 2020 2:30 AM

I was thinking the same thing r168 as a kid my family lived in a brand new house and it was definitely haunted. It was build on former farm land.

by Anonymousreply 169May 24, 2020 2:32 AM

^ThecFabulous Miss Lucy is stunning! What beautiful, soulful eyes.

I enjoy your posts very much.

by Anonymousreply 170May 24, 2020 2:37 AM

I always just assumed TheFabulousMissLucy was some kind of Lucille Ball reference! What beautiful cats they are. I know it would be abused, but I wish we could private message or share email adresses so that those of us with common interests and genuine connections could come together somewhere other than the DL.

by Anonymousreply 171May 24, 2020 3:58 AM

Hence, Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 172May 24, 2020 5:10 AM

Apparently ghosts are pissed that their humans are in covid lockdown and home too much. Cramping their haunt sched...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 24, 2020 6:00 AM

Thank you R170!

by Anonymousreply 174May 24, 2020 8:22 AM

I’ve had an experience with a cat too. When I first moved into my previous house. We didn’t have any pets. I’d see a grey cat from the corner of my eye regularly or in a quick flash. As it ran through the livingroom. Made me feel a bit uneasy. Later on I found dry old remnants of cat faeces in a small storage space in the attic. I really hope the previous owners didn’t lock the poor cat up.

by Anonymousreply 175May 24, 2020 9:02 AM

R171 agree R168 when an area itself is haunted, it doesn’t matter if there new or old buildings on it or not. R173 nice article! I just don’t understand why people live with ghosts in their house for years, help those poor souls cross over, that’s what they want and need.

by Anonymousreply 176May 24, 2020 9:16 AM

I was part of a paranormal group before the paranormal field was dominated by white trash idiots looking to get on TV.

One time I got a call from a local man who insisted his house was haunted by the ghost of a little boy. Apparently the house they lived in had been some kind of a home/orphanage, and he insisted that a ghost boy was writing on the walks with a red crayon, trying to communicate with him. Our standard practice was to have people who contact us document any activity for two weeks and after that we would determine whether we would do an investigation. I told him to document anything that happened and I would call him back.

About two weeks later, I called the guy back to check on the situation and see if he had experienced any further paranormal activity. He sheepishly confessed that he had determined what was leaving the red marks on the wall. It wasn't the ghost of a little boy trying to communicate with him. The red marks had been made by a red ball they would throw for their dog. When it would hit the wall, it would leave a red mark. I thanked him for his honesty and didn't ask where he had come up with the story of the kid with the crayon.

Unfortunately my association with the paranormal field has made me much more skeptical. It's not that I don't believe in the paranormal, but I also believe there are lot of people who let their imaginations get the best of them because of exposure to scary movies and TV shows and don't examine situations pragmatically. There are also a lot of people now who are motivated by the attention/money/fame to make up stories. And almost every struggling hotel has a "haunted room" with the same jilted lover back story. It's also hard to examine real data or to apply the scientific method because so many people "muddy the waters" with fiction, because most paranormal activity is not exciting like it is in TV and movies. A lot of the time it's pretty benign--and that doesn't entertain and sell--so people feel compelled to hype things up.

To be clear, I'm not calling into question what has been shared here. I just thought I'd share this amusing story and my own experience with "the paranormal"--which is honestly scarier than any ghost!

by Anonymousreply 177May 24, 2020 9:53 AM

One more story. I almost forgot about this one.

When I was a kid/teenager there was a boy who lived not far from me. His name was Paul, and we looked exactly alike. We were not related in any way. We were the same age, same height, same build. Our hair color was the same, and our hair was cut pretty much in the same style. His eyes were blue, mine were light green, but our facial features were identical. Moving into our twenties, he was still around and had a job at one of the banks. People would mistake us for each other. I'd say "No, I'm not Paul," and someone would reply "But you must be his twin..."

One night in November, I was lying in bed around 11 o'clock at night, when suddenly this strange sensation came over me. I hurt all over. My entire body was consumed by pain. I couldn't call out for help. My voice didn't work. I thought that I was dying. After a few minutes, the sensation faded, and I thought "What the hell was that all about???"

The next morning, the clock radio came on and I heard the news broadcast telling how Paul had been killed the night before in a car accident. He had been out with a couple of his friends (who were injured but survived) when they were broadsided by another vehicle. I talked later with one of the paramedics who had been on the scene, and he said that Paul didn't have even a scratch on him, that he exited the car by himself, and said that he didn't have to be taken to the hospital, that he was okay. The paramedic insisted and Paul went into cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital. He was bleeding out internally. The accident/death had happened at the same time that I was having that odd sensation of pain, thinking that i was dying.

by Anonymousreply 178May 24, 2020 10:01 AM

r178 I am more interested in the fact that this unrelated person looked exactly like you AND that you reacted to his death exactly the way a twin would have,

by Anonymousreply 179May 24, 2020 10:27 AM

r178 do you KNOW you weren’t related in any way?

by Anonymousreply 180May 24, 2020 11:00 AM

R178 Perhaps you and this guy were twins and separated at birth.

by Anonymousreply 181May 24, 2020 11:05 AM

R179 R180 R181 We WERE related! I just found that out. My partner is a hotshot genealogist, and he did some quick research online. We were 4th cousins. So that solves at least part of the mystery - an actual genetic connection. I had never been told that were related.

by Anonymousreply 182May 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Some story Miss Lucy. The empath abilities can be overwhelming. I felt it when a colleague of mine tore his Achilles’ tendon. While I was home and nowhere near him. I didn’t understand what was happening. Man it hurt and continued for like an hour or two, once I got a phonecall from another colleague saying we would be one person short the day after at work and she explained my colleague had torn his tendon. the pain quickly faded away after the phonecall.

by Anonymousreply 183May 24, 2020 11:49 AM

R177 I understand what you mean. Of course there are people out there making things up and making assumptions. I personally don’t believe in evil spirits, yes some I’ve encountered weren’t friendly because they weren’t in life either but they all want the same thing: peace. sometimes they are afraid to cross over but when you talk to them and you kind of have to be their psychologist in that way, they eventually always go. Some take a bit more time and sometimes there’s a big group of spirits I can cross over at once.

by Anonymousreply 184May 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Told this one on here as well: The Wawona is a hotel with cottages just outside Yosemite. We stayed there one night. I remember driving up to it and having the feeling it was haunted. That night we stayed in a cottage divided up into four rooms with connecting doors. Just as we were dozing off my BF and I saw the lights come on through the cracks in the connecting door. There were loud voices all speaking at once. I thought they were partying and hoped they'd calm down soon. After a few minutes they did. Early the next morning I walked past the room and noticed it was made up, drapes open, beds made as though no one had been in there. I asked the guy at the front desk if a group had checked in next door to us late the night before. He assured me we were alone, no check-ins. Years later, I happened to read that in the 1920s a pilot crashed his plane on the grounds of the Wawona, survived and was carried into a room in Moore Cottage (where we were) but died before help could arrive. Many people have experienced seeing a ghost in flight gear walking the grounds. Freaky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 24, 2020 12:02 PM

My BF came into the bedroom one morning and placed a yellow candle in a glass jar on top of the TV. As soon as he walked out, I watched as the candle slid off the (flat) top of the TV and crash to the floor. 20 minutes later the phone rang. It was the BF's mom calling to say that his sister had died 20 minutes earlier. Yellow was her favorite color.

by Anonymousreply 186May 24, 2020 12:06 PM

R185 That is an awesome story, well told.

by Anonymousreply 187May 24, 2020 12:07 PM

There are no ghosts, but there are angels and demons whose presence at times is manifested,

by Anonymousreply 188May 24, 2020 12:16 PM

R185 don’t place that story on tripadvisor 😉 Where you scared there or did you feel bad at any time?

by Anonymousreply 189May 24, 2020 12:20 PM

R186 profound message.

by Anonymousreply 190May 24, 2020 12:21 PM

r186 I want to know what the look on your face was as you watched that candle moving.

by Anonymousreply 191May 24, 2020 12:33 PM

A worker at the Wawona Hotel talks about seeing the pilot ghost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 24, 2020 12:41 PM

Too late R189. I already did under heading "Do You Believe in Ghosts."

by Anonymousreply 193May 24, 2020 12:43 PM

R191, I was just sitting up in bed and watched the candle slide off the TV. Never seen anything like that. The BF came running back into the room and said "what was that?" I told him what happened. The phone call 20 mins afterward was shocking. The sister was only 46 and a very emotional person. When we'd visit, she always would start crying when it was time for us to leave.

by Anonymousreply 194May 24, 2020 12:49 PM

[quote] I just don’t understand why people live with ghosts in their house for years, help those poor souls cross over, that’s what they want and need.

Because not everyone knows how to help them and not every ghost feels as if they should move on? After all, they may see it as you being in THEIR space. There's a variety of reasons but mostly I think people just don't want to risk making things worse or have no clue what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 195May 24, 2020 9:41 PM

Not all "ghosts" are spirits that need crossing over. Some are like imprints of energy made by past events that play on a loop like a recording. This is the best book I have ever read on spirit communication. It explains different kinds of experiences and energies. But it's not for everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 24, 2020 10:24 PM

I lived in a house with lots of strange occurrences. Light bulbs would blow out, doors and drawers you shut would be found open and our cats and dogs would stop in mid stride and stare to the ceiling or into closets. One morning I was taking a shower and there was an incredible banging at the bathroom door. I assumed it was my roommate having some fun but when I got out he denied it. He took a shower after and experienced the same thing but it wasn't me. We never felt threatened but it was definitely weird.

by Anonymousreply 197May 25, 2020 12:19 AM

r197, I wouldn't want to smoke pot in that house.

by Anonymousreply 198May 25, 2020 4:44 AM

R196 whatever energy is somewhere can be cleansed. Spirits themselves sometimes also experience loops of traumatic they have experienced. I’ll check out that book thank you for sharing.

R195 the fact that they don’t feel the need to move on is the problem. Some type of traumatic experience or unfinished business keeping them here and sometimes they don’t know they’re dead so yes then to them it’s still their house. It doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be helped in my opinion. If you don’t know how to help them yourself it isn’t that hard to find someone and do it for you in our current day and age.

by Anonymousreply 199May 25, 2020 5:31 AM

Those of you who decided to simply put up with the banging and voices are braver & patient than I. If I was ever in a place that had those noises and movements, where I could not rationally explain why, I would be gone, like yesterday. Even if people tell me not to worry and they mean no harm, I don't think I could put up with it.

by Anonymousreply 200May 25, 2020 5:51 AM

I had a recurring event where I woke up and it felt like someone was lying on top of me. I felt pinned down. It was terrifying and I kept a light on for months. Finally braved it and told someone. Found out it is just a type of night terrors. Have had it every now and then. Still scary during the event but now I know there is a rational explanation I am okay afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 201May 25, 2020 6:21 AM

[quote]the fact that they don’t feel the need to move on is the problem. Some type of traumatic experience or unfinished business keeping them here and sometimes they don’t know they’re dead so yes then to them it’s still their house.

I know quite a lot about the paranormal. All of these things are true and sometimes they just don't want to leave and there is no traumatic experience or unfinished business. There are many kinds of hauntings from poltergeists (which I don't normally file under a traditional haunting) to classic hauntings where ghosts aren't aware that you're there because the environment has absorbed the energies from whatever incident occurred in that spot & even intelligent hauntings where they can communicate with you to some degree. There's also "hauntings" that are things that were NEVER human and you don't want to get involved with that.

[quote]It doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be helped in my opinion. If you don’t know how to help them yourself it isn’t that hard to find someone and do it for you in our current day and age.

You're assuming that they all want to be helped. Some do. Some don't. That's the problem. This is why sometimes they have to be "forced" to move on and not everyone can do that. I already went into a lot of detail on this in another thread for like a billion posts. Paranormal investigators usually have connections with people who know how to do this but they themselves don't necessarily have that ability beyond investigating. They'll call in a priest, a spiritualist ... some kind of specialist because it's not something that everyone can do and that really depends on what is in your "home" in this case.

Ghosts are just people without bodies most of the time. I think it's best to think of them in that way when the haunting is intelligent. It often leads to people making more rational decisions like not antagonizing it because the reaction they might have to someone saying, they're going to "Kick its ass!" is exactly the reaction you or I would have if someone told us that.

In some cases it can be like trying to get your 22 year old teenager to move out and they don't want to go. Maybe they're too comfortable. Maybe they're scared. Maybe they feel entitled to stay and in some cases it can be a bit more deadly of a situation.

But before all of this you kind of have to believe that something is actually happening. There are people who just won't no matter what believe in anything supernatural. Something could happen right in front of them and their brains will convince them nothing is happening. (This is even worse in a home where there are multiple people and one doesn't believe and someone else does.) There's also the issue of people being afraid that someone is going to think they're nuts. So they never contact anyone. And yes there really are people who are scared that if they mess with it, it will get worse.

by Anonymousreply 202May 25, 2020 6:31 AM

Val, you simply must tell us about the"hauntings which are not human"? This sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 203May 25, 2020 6:36 AM

I know people who have seen ghosts of pets. Some only saw part of half of them appear. Some feel them jump on the bed or hear them. I think it’s more residual energy than an actual presence/haunting. I also think it can be the person imagining things.

by Anonymousreply 204May 25, 2020 7:01 AM

R202 Val thank you for this informative post. You know what you are talking about and sorry haven’t read the previous threads. Do you have a link? I am not an investigator but a healer so my perspective is slightly different. I have crossed over many spirits and cleansed places of non human energies. In my personal experience all human spirits want to cross over in the end, you just have to talk to them to find out what’s keeping them. I have also helped people who have had negative “attachments” the latter is no fun. I don’t know what the term poltergeist mean, everything is energy and when I see/sense things it can be human, darkness, colours, vibrations, lingering emotions etc. My guides tell me what’s needed, different approaches for different cases. Tbh it sounds horrible that people wouldn’t dare to get help. I believe you of course.

by Anonymousreply 205May 25, 2020 8:25 AM

" In my personal experience all human spirits want to cross over in the end, you just have to talk to them to find out what’s keeping them."

What is keeping them you would say, usually ?

by Anonymousreply 206May 25, 2020 7:43 PM

Usually fear or a sense of guilt R206

by Anonymousreply 207May 25, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote]Val, you simply must tell us about the"hauntings which are not human"? This sounds interesting.

Those are "mostly" demonic. I like R205 saying, "non-human." That's a better term because not everything that was never human is necessarily bad or demonic. I suppose you could even say someone haunted by their pets would be haunted by something non-human because they were never human, now that I think about it. I'm not a psychic (in *that* way) so I can't speak to that.

I have this whole theory about thought forms but that would require a term paper. Ha!

[quote]In my personal experience all human spirits want to cross over in the end, you just have to talk to them to find out what’s keeping them. I have also helped people who have had negative “attachments” the latter is no fun.

Thank you for popping into this thread. I've enjoyed your posts! You're the expert on communication. I can't (and most certainly do not) want to communicate with anything in depth. I'm a bit more of a science person and maybe even an occultist at the most.

[quote]I don’t know what the term poltergeist mean, everything is energy and when I see/sense things it can be human, darkness, colours, vibrations, lingering emotions etc.

Poltergeists are usually mistaken for ghosts but they're really the psychic energies of a particular person manifesting in a way that seems like they're ghosts. I've never encountered anyone like that personally but have seen/read enough accounts of people's emotional turmoil generating negative effects in the environment around them. Sometimes it's simple like "things" moving when no one is in room. Sometimes it's scratches. It usually happens when the person is around and doesn't happen when they are not around. In all those cases they usually have to learn how to control that aspect of themselves either by dealing with whatever trauma they experienced or talking to someone like so they can learn how to control it.

Possibly someone here who is affiliated with a paranormal group currently may know how often a person like this is encountered.

[quote]Tbh it sounds horrible that people wouldn’t dare to get help. I believe you of course.

You're a kind person and you know what you're doing. I feel the same way as you. I grew up in a family where if something paranormal was happening we'd all automatically believe it. My mother worked in a hospital for 35 years and could tell you stories.

Unfortunately (it actually used to be the case here when one of these threads would pop up, other people would chime in and attack anyone in the thread) some people with negative attitudes towards anything other than what they "know" to be true don't necessarily want anyone else to believe anything other than that either. I think that fear of persecution is what makes people afraid to deal with it.

I posted a lot of thoughts in this thread where I used the name "Val." It was probably the most long running, interesting thread here in a long time. I really do hope that couple no longer has any issues. (He eventually called in a paranormal investigator and then they called in mediums once they confirmed activity.)

This guy didn't even want to talk to what was haunting his home at first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 25, 2020 10:03 PM

(I always forget to click that damn box but the above linked thread was super interesting to be a part of.)

by Anonymousreply 209May 25, 2020 10:04 PM

r208 isn’t that the one where everything started when dude started sunbathing nude at the pool?

i told him to put some clothes on and the ghosts might find themselves at peace!

by Anonymousreply 210May 25, 2020 10:10 PM

The ghost of Charley's Horse visits me at the most inopportune moments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 25, 2020 10:14 PM

I can't say I have ever had a ghost experience. But I remember a long time ago that a friend into alternative spirituality said when you move into a new apartment, light a candle and talk as if one is there, just saying hello, I am living here for a while, don't wish to disturb any spirits at all, and I did do that, several times.

Now, my mom had strong ESP and I have a touch of it. That kind of stuff, I have a stronger belief in.

by Anonymousreply 212May 25, 2020 10:15 PM

R210 Yes! And the funny thing is the guy didn't make the connection at first. He just couldn't figure out why the previous owners never had any issues and why they only seemed to hate him and his husband. The medium giving him clues about the pool that he didn't get was a lot to deal with. Homophobic ghosts was one for the books. I felt terrible.

by Anonymousreply 213May 25, 2020 10:19 PM

r213 I still think if he hadn’t been cooking those eggs poolside they might’ve been okay.

by Anonymousreply 214May 25, 2020 10:35 PM

In our first apartment years ago I kept thinking I saw a cat out of the corner of my eye. One night I was sitting on the floor and felt something brush up against me, like a cat would. I thought I was going crazy so I didn't say anything. After a few months my partner said, "you're going to think I'm crazy, but I keep seeing a black cat in here."

It happened until we moved. It wasn't scary, it was just bizarre. Nobody else ever saw it. I'd never heard of the ghost of an animal appearing before, but a friend said it can happen.

by Anonymousreply 215May 26, 2020 3:51 AM

This has been a disappointing thread. Cats and creaks in the night. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 216May 26, 2020 4:13 AM

great story, r216.

by Anonymousreply 217May 26, 2020 8:57 AM

R208 thank you for your useful info. The other thread is also very interesting indeed. I’m indeed a communicator and not an investigator. I just deal with what I sense and see(or hear). It’s not my job though. I only do it when people ask for my help. Interesting that you grew up with the spiritual. Makes it easier to get out of that spiritual closet I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 218May 26, 2020 9:22 AM

na-na na-na boo boo, R216

by Anonymousreply 219May 26, 2020 10:49 AM

[quote]I kept thinking I saw a cat out of the corner of my eye.

I read that people with psychic abilities see things this way. I have a nephew who is psychic. He said he sees figures but never head on. Always out of the corner of his eye.

by Anonymousreply 220May 26, 2020 1:35 PM

On two occasions in my life, I have had a series of premonitions that preceded unexpected deaths.

I made the connection a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 221May 26, 2020 4:14 PM

r221 you need to look at it as a way to prepare you. It is going to happen anyway but this way you are not in shock over it.

by Anonymousreply 222May 27, 2020 1:01 AM

^i had premonitions for about 3 years before my father died. I just know things before they happened. The premonitions stopped when my father died.

I went years without having any serious premonitions.. I would have them every now and then, but nothing ever happened so I didn’t think too much about it. I just thought it was just an odd occurrence

When they started again two years ago. I never dreamed something horrible was going to happen. The premonitions stopped when my husband died.

I haven’t had any since, but I sure as hell will pay attention if I do

by Anonymousreply 223May 27, 2020 1:50 AM

R223 that is intense stuff. Premonitions are also a way of spirit guides to let you know that what they show you is the truth. So you know you can trust the info you get. Still I agree it’s no fun and interpretation remains the hardest part. When I was told someone closeby would die I feared for my family but three days later it turned out to be my neighbour(close in the literal sense of the word).

by Anonymousreply 224May 27, 2020 9:48 AM

^I actually believe that wherever these premonitions vine from, they are sent with love. Perhaps to tell me not to neglect something I would regret not doing.

I know it!:applies to my husband. I was going to surprise him with a new wedding band fior his birthday, and he died before I could.

by Anonymousreply 225May 27, 2020 2:35 PM

R163 I somehow missed your comment on Lucy the cat's left ear. We adopted her and her sister from the SPCA and were told that the sister, Cinder, had a serious accident as a young kitten and lost one eye as a result. That's all we knew at the time. After having the two girls for a while we started to get suspicious about possible abuse. They had at least two previous homes, and god knows what was going on. Lucy's ear looks as if it was cut off with scissors, and Cinder is more than blind in one eye, she also shows signs of brain damage. Even today, nine month after the adoption, Lucy automatically cringes when I put my hand toward her head.

by Anonymousreply 226May 28, 2020 12:52 PM

Poor kitties R226

by Anonymousreply 227May 28, 2020 1:57 PM

I never met my mother, as she died during childbirth. All my life I’ve felt a void within, in the place in my heart where she should have been.

But I’m also pretty much the luckiest person I know. I’ve had to deal with my fair share of hardship (homophobic bullying, a brutally mean stepmother) but at the same time life keeps smiling at me at every turn. I feel like I have the most overactive guardian angel in the force.

Am I crazy in believing my mother’s been with me all along, looking out for me? Does anyone know about these things? I guess I just have heaps of unanswerable questions. But maybe they aren’t so unanswerable after all...

by Anonymousreply 228June 7, 2020 12:58 PM

R220 I'd say that your mother's presence is entirely possible. A partner that I was involved with for five years was dying of terminal cancer. My cousin, whose psychic abilities were off the charts, arrived at the hospital one day to visit him. I was standing in the hallway outside his room, when my cousin arrived. He came over to me, and said, "I can feel your father's presence here tonight, very strongly." My father had died five months before.

by Anonymousreply 229June 7, 2020 1:05 PM

Sometimes I see what look like little shadows out of the corner of my eye one day I thought I'd come close to stepping on my cat laying in the doorway as I was going into my bedroom but when I looked at where the dark shape I thought was her had been it was gone and I found her sound asleep in the living room where she'd been before it happened.

by Anonymousreply 230June 7, 2020 1:17 PM

I was working at my desk early in a stock room. I was the only person there as it was well before business hours. I heard the sound of a carton sliding and then being opened. I loudly said “HELLO?” and I heard the sound of a carton being abruptly pushed. I got up from my rest and looked around the small stock area. There was one carton, opened and sitting unevenly on a prominent shelf near the entrance. This was a small shop with a bell on the front door. I would have heard anybody coming in or out.

In this same shop, previously, I had seen a silhouette of a person through the shelving on multiple occasions.

The big question is what the fuck would a ghost want with a shoe store stockroom. What a shitty place to have to haunt.

by Anonymousreply 231June 7, 2020 1:58 PM

R231 You would have to go into the past history of the space to see if there was a connection. In the experience I described the ghosts were workers from the earlier part of the twentieth century when the building was a factory.

by Anonymousreply 232June 7, 2020 4:41 PM

R231 what R232 said that or it's the area. The spirit doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the shoe storage.

by Anonymousreply 233June 7, 2020 6:35 PM

R228 sometimes our loved ones are best capable of helping us from the other side.

by Anonymousreply 234June 7, 2020 6:38 PM

Or R231 it could have been Imelda Marcos!!

by Anonymousreply 235June 8, 2020 5:02 PM

Loving these stories! I've experienced things and dreams and signs but I don't know why there's a big doubt still. I think it's fear really. My hope that my mum is still here, looking after me and ill be with her again. I envy some experiences that are just obvious and blatent. Seeing a loved one, full apparition in the middle of the day. Hearing a voice or phone call. I've had dreams, feathers, seen birds but again theres something that can't believe. I still haven't heard her favourite song playing somewhere randomly which we had decided years ago she would let me know. It was only played at her funeral by choice but not randomly.

by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2020 8:12 PM

I was just talking with my mom, R236. Long dead since 2001. I could feel her watching me prep chicken breast baked with garlic and cinnamon (don't knock it til you have tried it - delicious and smells great baking!!). She never knew this recipe and she would have loved it. I am sure that's why popped in. Oops - gotta go! Aunt Clara popped into the closet again and things are crashing about.

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2020 8:55 PM

R236 most spirits have crossed over, which is a good thing. My mom passed in 2008, never saw her again. Just dreamt of her right after her death. She wasn’t ill anymore and looked strong and peaceful. Sometimes I think spirits feel we’ll be alright on our own.

by Anonymousreply 238June 14, 2020 2:04 AM

It's selfish but I don't want her to be gone gone. And knowing me and my relationship with her, I can't ever imagine anyone thinking I'd be alright on my own without her.

by Anonymousreply 239June 14, 2020 2:29 AM

If you feel this so strongly R239 she might still be there. You can ask her for a sign to let you know. Letting the people we love go is the hardest thing isn't it? I wouldn't call it selfish, it's very human.

by Anonymousreply 240June 14, 2020 2:56 AM

Boooo

by Anonymousreply 241June 15, 2020 3:58 AM

Experiences? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 242June 15, 2020 4:05 AM

Every year on the anniversary of her death, a rainbow appears over my mom’s house, just as it did the afternoon she died. It’s happened for four years in a row now, and I like to think she’d sending us all a message that she’s happy and she loves us.

by Anonymousreply 243June 18, 2020 2:06 PM

OP-

Take the batteries out of the remote, put them back in.

Your ghost will go away.

by Anonymousreply 244June 18, 2020 2:14 PM

I believe that they are all around us.

Like Madonna's and Cher's children.

by Anonymousreply 245June 24, 2020 6:37 AM

New and recent story. Might as well post it. (Originally in "The Cat Thread.")

A number of years ago, I had a cat named Tom. He was totally black, not a very large cat, and had a huge personality. He was a real character. He had been born in this house, the only live kitten in the litter, as a result of an unplanned pregnancy on the part of my black female cat, Kit. A sister was born dead. He was one of my all time legendary cats. He lived a long good life and died peacefully about five years ago.

Now, this is not the main part of the story, but it has to be mentioned, because it is a prelude to what happened later. Back in February, my partner and I were hanging a couple of pictures in the bedroom and the dog was there with us. We started talking about Tom, telling amusing stories. Suddenly we noticed that the dog's eyes were following the movement of something we couldn't see, something that was moving across one dresser, then over the top of the wardrobe. Jokingly we said that Tom must be there with us, because he was like Beetlejuice, say his name three time and he'd appear on the scene. A good laugh was had by all.

A couple of months ago, I'm walking down the hallway from the bedroom area, and my cat Charlie is at my side. As we approach the living room/kitchen area, Tom comes out of the living room, as solid as he was in life, crosses in front of us, and enters the kitchen. Tom is so close to me that if I had bent over I could have easily touched him. I can tell by Charlie's reaction that he has seen Tom, as well. As we enter the kitchen, Tom crosses the room in front of us, and proceeds to the other side of the fridge. We follow, but there is no cat there.

Fast forward to this past Monday. My partner was in the spare bedroom, looking for something.. I was gathering dishes together in the kitchen. Suddenly I heard a cat running like mad, coming from the direction of the master bedroom. Now, that bedroom is at the end of a long hallway. When the hallway reaches the spare bedroom, there's a right angle turn leading to the kitchen/dining room/living room area. I went to the kitchen door and looked up the hallway. Around the corner comes Dax, and behind him a totally black cat. We don't have a totally black cat. As they come closer, I can see that Dax is totally freaked, ears back and eyes wide. Now I can get a better look of the cat pursuing him. It's Tom again, as solid as he was in life. They pass me, and Dax races through the living room doorway like Ichabod Crane being pursued by the Headless Horseman. Tom vanishes at the entrance to the room. One second he's there, the next second he has vanished. I yell to my partner and tell him the story. Like me, he takes these things for granted now. He realizes that he's hooked himself up with a ghost magnet. Dax is freaked out for the rest of the day.

On the following morning, I'm in the bedroom, door closed, I open the door to go out, and Tom passes me in the doorway, entering the room. He isn't as solid as he was the day before, but he's definitely identifiable. I see Dax down the hallway, peering tentatively around the corner. Apparently, he too, has seen Tom again. It wasn't until today that he got over his jitteryness.

by Anonymousreply 246August 2, 2020 8:02 AM

MissLucy('s owner),

I love you.

by Anonymousreply 247August 2, 2020 8:09 AM

Thank you, R247. You've made my day. :)

by Anonymousreply 248August 2, 2020 8:20 AM

Love it R246

by Anonymousreply 249August 2, 2020 3:06 PM

Thank you, R249.

by Anonymousreply 250August 2, 2020 4:33 PM

Boogie, boogie, boogie!

by Anonymousreply 251August 2, 2020 4:38 PM

I was sitting alone in my car in the local state park last night. I observed something strange.

I saw a ghostly figure slowly come towards me.

It was John Travolta. Without makeup! It was hideous!

by Anonymousreply 252August 5, 2020 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!