Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Her Majesty and Royal family band together to give thanks to Care Workers

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote] Good to see the hard workers get recognised.

Especially Princess Anne, the “hardest working royal”.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2020 5:45 PM

Who is the blonde royal who looks like Justin Bond?

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2020 5:47 PM

Sophie, wife of Edward (Dockyard Dorris)

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2020 5:48 PM

That was fascinating. They start with the queen and Charles and Camilla, who are all so stiff they seem inhuman, and they show a little of William and Anne, who are at least recognizably human, seem then they let Kate and Sophie take over for both of it, and they both seem genuinely warm and as if they are really listening. No sign of Prince Edward, strikingly, even though he is among the senior royals.

Was not expecting to see Timothy Laurence (Anne's husband, who is purposefully given no royal duties to spare him)., Andrew (permanently in disgrace), or Meghan (and Harry (who have asked to leave these duties), and of course they were not there.

I didn't know until I saw this how good Sophie and Kate are at their jobs. Anne impressed me too because she clearly has had to work hard at breaking through the royal family carapace that surrounds her mother, eldest brother, and now his wife. I guess when you have that sense of destiny as those three do (as monarch, future monarch and future queen consort), you have to always protect yourself.

Charles's rosacea (?) is as always very much in evidence.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2020 5:53 PM

Kate is and will be a strong asset to the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2020 5:55 PM

William has his mother's model always in mind, and so he's quite good at being friendly. He always is so much more attractive when you see him talk--he lost his youthful beauty, but he does always come across as warm when he speaks. He's not the star Kate is, though--she was a great investment for the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2020 5:56 PM

I think William is sex on a stick! That deep voice, his lips, the hair. strong jawline, the chest hair peeking out from under his shirt.

Lordy! I need a good wank!

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2020 6:01 PM

I thought it was interesting that William and Kate were shot in front of a random door. There has to be a better shot to be found in their palace but maybe it was meant to be relatable.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2020 6:03 PM

II'm sure iot as purposefully meant to seem relatable. Charles is standing in front of what is probably the most informal wall in his entire house.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2020 6:09 PM

In a mentally stable universe this would settle DL's endless debate about the composition of the ranks under King Charles. If he was planning to dispatch Anne and the Wessexes he wouldn't have them in things like this. The three are needed. It must rankle California that it was Commonwealth focused too.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2020 6:29 PM

Princess Anne was warm, too. Not at all what I expected. I respect her, but I always thought she was permanently... brisk.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2020 6:30 PM

The whole time I kept thinking there's not a single Trump that could even fake being that warm and relatable.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2020 6:38 PM

For those who ask what they do... this is what they do. People with privilege, certainly, but whose job it is to demonstrate an interest.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2020 6:56 PM

I enjoyed seeing what little I could of the backgrounds. The blank wall behind Kate and William was intentional. We all know they live in luxury but the video was warm and touching. Good job, royals!

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2020 7:00 PM

The nurses would all be happier if they could purchase Sussex Royal masks and scrubs!

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2020 7:06 PM

Anne has not broken through a "carapace." What a bizarre and presumptuous statement. Disgusting. The Princess Royal has done as she saw fit without veering from her chosen path all her life, and her family have supported her in her choices.

Kindly avoid playing your own organ grinder and trying to insert your notions of victimhood into others' mouths. Especially when you are so full of your own gravy it is spilling out of your smug sauce hole.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2020 7:13 PM

I like them. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2020 7:16 PM

I adore all the Royals! (with the exception of the Meghan-the-marry-in) And I have Harry on ice for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2020 7:21 PM

Lovely effort. Totally agree with the posters above- William is always at ease and incredibly warm. I will never forget that weird as fuck video of him consoling screaming fraus during his mother's funeral procession- HE was consoling THEM. Bizarre but he was gracious even at 15. And I do admit he's kind of hot even with the ugliness and the baldness setting in. Something about him. Could he be bisexual? I think he could be.

Kate and Sophie are definitely very good at this. A credit to the queen. Well done, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2020 7:24 PM

Sorry, but Harry is so much hotter than William.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2020 7:30 PM

You should be sorry, Harry is fugly. He's also stupid and married to a famewhore loser, so William >> Harry.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2020 7:35 PM

It is difficult for me to listen to a bad word about the Princess Royal.

However, since I enjoy hanging at the DataLounge I will just have to buy a pair of ear plugs.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2020 7:36 PM

That sound you heard was Meghan Markle throwing her ipad across the room. She jumped ship at exactly the wrong time and is missing out on all of this good press!

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2020 7:37 PM

Harry's eyes are too close together, giving him a strangely perplexed look at all times. But I expect Meghan will help him get the "Hollywood Glow" courtesy an LA plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2020 7:39 PM

When you think about the bad luck schemin' Meagain has had... maybe there is a God or karma or fate... but if nothing else it is a masterclass in hubris. As backfiring plans go, this one will be hard to beat.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2020 7:40 PM

Those double doors are always in the William and Kate are Facetiming shot. They're probably the only recognizable people on the planet who aren't trying to spin it through the cliched bookcase.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2020 7:42 PM

[Quote]Anne has not broken through a "carapace." What a bizarre and presumptuous statement

Maybe you are not familiar with how she and her ex Mark Phillips managed to do this, freeing their kids to do just that: escape the shell to escape and thrive.

Granted, of course, since they are not HRHs as their parents wanted, they are not as bound by protocol restrictions as some who want the title, freedom, and more.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2020 9:49 PM

Anne sounds just like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2020 9:52 PM

They didn't ask us.

They didn't even ask us if we were okay.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2020 9:54 PM

This seems like some thinly disguised "fuck you" to the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2020 10:09 PM

^^ I doubt that. Ridiculous really. There are 100 gazillion more compelling topics for the BRF to consider than the Harkles, and I think they enjoyed seeing their backs as they left. It's gone quite sideways for Megan -- her latest paid placements emphasize her ROYAL connection, so you can be sure she was counting on the two or three appearances they would make with this year, and the patronages, and just all of it. What they're reduced to instead is a biography by Omid Scobie and a Hallmark movie, not exactly earth shattering art. They're losing more ground every day.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2020 10:16 PM

My friend’s Dad has a job that takes him to Windsor Castle a fair amount (he’s a historian) & he’s now on more than nodding terms with a lot of the staff.

Apparently - Anne, W&K, S&E & HM are all friendly and unfailingly polite. Harry pre-Meghan was a bit hit and miss...either you were his best mate or didn’t exist, depending on his mood. Since Meghan he’s been utterly obnoxious - and she’s a complete piece of work. Windsor crew were nor even slightly sad to be rid of them.

All the staff are annoyingly discreet so he’s never heard any really good stuff...but over the last few years these are the impressions he’s been given

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2020 10:25 PM

Thanks for that insight, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2020 11:14 PM

If only the line of succession was Anne, then William ....

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote] If only the line of succession was Anne, then William ....

I like your line of thinking. Perhaps we should skip a generation or two to make it more palatable.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2020 12:18 AM

I would love The Princess Royal to be the next in line to the throne. She’s so hard working and would keep the integrity of the Monarch intact.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2020 12:32 AM

I would love the lesbian Thai Princess Sirindhorn to take the throne instead of her inept brother, King Vaj.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2020 12:36 AM

Maria Farmer testimony "Prince Andrew had knowledge of sex trafficking and interaction with minors". All the Brf must know. They aren't amazing or hard working. They are doing what they need to to keep Andrews shit storm out of the media.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2020 12:41 AM

Someone very high up in the media world is taking a very keen interest in the mass pro monarchy anti Sussex propaganda. The timing of the threads and in who is funding the very obvious troll threads. They are left leaning, have the contacts in both the media and political world and are doing their bit. A media watchdog group is working with him.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2020 12:46 AM

With whom, R39?

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2020 12:49 AM

Oh, god, they need to get rid of that family already. It's the 21st century for christ's sake! Royalty is so medieval.

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2020 12:51 AM

Right, R41 - because the current American head of state is such a great example of the effectiveness of the that role being combined with head of government...

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2020 1:24 AM

Bullshit r39 stop posting crap here. Ronan Farrow is NOT doing an expose on either side of the Sussex saga, either pro or anti. He has better things to do with his time, it's a non-story.

There is no "mass pro-monarchy" online movement, or a related anti-Sussex movement. Its just a mass of people who follow current events who are enamored of the soapy drama always surrounding the BRF who keep talking about it. No one is "funding" threads ffs - it doesn't cost anything to start threads here on DL or in many other places.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2020 1:35 AM

What kind of “troll threads” need funding?

Get this through your stupid head R39 - people dislike Markle because she’s entitled cunt. No agenda, no trolling, no conspiracy...simple dislike.

Now fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2020 1:38 AM

More and more useless and irrelevant day by day. With totalitarianism rising how long will they last even as window dressing? Sooner or later some authoritarian will come after their money.

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2020 1:53 AM

R45, Adam Susan will.

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2020 2:14 AM

[Quote]Someone very high up in the media world is taking a very keen interest in the mass pro monarchy anti Sussex propaganda.

Everyone, excluding Sarah Ferguson, the Queen (her favorite indulged son after having to ignore the first two), and his daughters, think Andrew is a vulgarian at best. He's so marginalized that his (along with Sarah) attempt to deliver cupcakes to health care workers was hooted off the Daily Mail.

Jesus, Meghan's friends among high schoolers and GED recipients do not prompt Pulitzer winning reporters to attack the institution of not just one, but numerous countries' monarchies based on one egregiously fucked up man who is pretty much despised by the next king.

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2020 2:16 AM

did someone say something about"people higher up"? I cant see because I have that troll blocked. She's hyper emotional about all things Meghan. And btw, I have been posting on these threads since 2018, does this mean I am funded for this propaganda? Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2020 3:52 AM

The breeding sow Kate who's never experienced an honest day of work in her entire useless life giving thanks to anyone who works?? Oh, it feels good to laugh again!!

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2020 4:22 AM

The pandemic has been Kate’s time to shine. She’s a true introvert who has learned to manage with with the big, showy public events but the new normal of more intimate connections via via Zoom have shown that she is at her best in smaller group interactions.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2020 5:05 AM

[quote] I would love The Princess Royal to be the next in line to the throne.

And I would love for myself to be next in line for the throne, but that's not going to happen either.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2020 5:08 AM

Well, at least they seem like better people than the Trumps

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2020 5:11 AM

The Grift Family Markle seems better than the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2020 1:11 AM

I have the hots for Princess Anne.

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2020 1:13 AM

Rolls eyes at R20. That squinty-eyed sourpuss ginger? Please no!

by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2020 1:15 AM

Fuck off, R49. You sow cow.

by Anonymousreply 56May 14, 2020 1:15 AM

Future Princess Consort r4. Camilla as much as I've grown to like her, won't be Queen Consort that was established at their wedding.

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2020 6:36 AM

[quote] Camilla as much as I've grown to like her, won't be Queen Consort that was established at their wedding.

Unless there is an act of parliament making it otherwise or if Charles and Camilla divorce before he becomes king, legally Camilla becomes queen upon Charles’ becoming queen consort. That happens the moment Queen Elizabeth dies. The only thing that is different about Camilla in this case is that it has been indicated she won’t be referred to as queen consort much like she is not referred to as Princess or Wales now, although she is, in fact, Princess of Wales. That could change of course.

by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2020 3:39 PM

I bet it will.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2020 4:50 PM

I doubt Camilla cares much about being Queen. She'll be a loyal and safe right arm for Charles.

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2020 5:59 PM

I agree. I don't think Camilla gives one whit about titles. She's had a lot flung in her direction over the decades and weathered it with dignity. A title at such a late point in life means little. Certainly not as much as the respect she's earned.

by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2020 6:15 PM

[quote] legally Camilla becomes queen upon Charles’ becoming queen consort

I meant to write here “upon Charles becoming king”. He obviously won’t be a queen. Prince George on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2020 6:22 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just made her Queen Camilla. By the time Charles becomes King, Diana will have been dead for going on 30 years. Time to let all of that rest.

by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2020 7:31 PM

R39's insanity continues: Pro-monarchy groups are left-leaning? Get a fuckin' grip, gurl.

BTW: I can't stand the Beverly Grifters and say so. Where's my check?

by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2020 7:57 PM

"The breeding sow Kate . . ."

And yet R49 the utterer of this phrase is the same one lecturing us all that who anyone fucks or breeds with is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!

But only if the sow is Kate. If it's about Meghan Markle, who rushed out her insurance policy in half the time Kate did (knowing full well that the BRF would be less likely to fry her deceitful traitorous arse if there was a child involved.

But if it's about Higher Ranking Future Queen Who Succeeded Better At the Royal Game White Kate . . .

Why, then, insulting her fecundity is fair and square.

Right, pet?

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2020 8:04 PM

^*But only if the sow is Meghan . . .

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2020 8:09 PM

Only R49 would come to a gay gossip site whose intro states clearly that it's for enjoying "a steaming pile of pointless bitchery"

and start screeching about how what happens in celebrities' private lives is none of our business.

It's as if the psycho landed on Saturn and kept screaming indignantly about how the amount of air pollution from the atmosphere gases.

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2020 8:12 PM

R34 - If Anne were first in the line of succession instead of Charles, the bargain struck between the Sussexes and the BRF would have been much tougher on the Sussexes - that is, if she'd have let Harry marry Meghan in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2020 1:18 PM

[Quote]- that is, if she'd have let Harry marry Meghan in the first place

Ann probably likes a good joust among the lesser endowed in the family. Anne cackles as Charles maintains his position as scoundrel Andrew thrusts his hands up the helps' panties. Ann tosses the cunt right out of the house, full well knowing he's her brother. And, worse, knowing his horrid bordering on criminal intentions.

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2020 11:03 PM

One thing the royal family didn't band together to do was wish Harry and Meghan "Happy Anniversary" today.

The royal family as a group wished the Sussexes Happy 1st Anniversary last year, but did not acknowledge their second anniversary this year. The silence from BP, KP, and Clarence House was deafening.

If I remember, the Sussexes wished Prince Louis happy birthday, but not Princess Charlotte on 2 May.

(Sound if bridges going up in ash. . . )

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2020 11:50 PM

I'm everything they wish to be.

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2020 11:29 AM

I stand corrected: apparently, much later in the day, the BRF did put up a Happy Second Wedding Anniversary message to H&M, complete with a little montage of snaps from The Day.

R70

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2020 12:35 PM

The BRF isn't dumb enough to miss an anniversary greeting and give the Sussexes any grist for the victim mill.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2020 2:11 PM

R73 - The BRF will never miss an opportunity to get their names and/or pictures in the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2020 3:05 PM

R72 um...no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2020 1:47 AM

R75 - I'm sure I saw it up somewhere . . .

R73

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2020 10:01 PM

R76 may have been fa an account

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2020 10:05 PM

R75 - Just to clarify - Kensington Palace didn'ty - but that's the Cambridges and they didn't last year on their first anniversary, either.

But I thought I saw something from HM . . . .

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2020 10:05 PM

R75 s HM’s official account. You may have seen a fan account.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2020 10:07 PM

R79 - Hm. I'll see if I can find it. If it was a fan account, then the silence really was telling, as HM did wish them a happy first anniversary last year.

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2020 10:21 PM

Might have been this one. It looks like it's official but I read somewhere the channel is run by ITV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 21, 2020 10:27 PM

She's truly the ugliest bride I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2020 4:02 AM

R81 - I think you're right and that's ITV's announcement, with "The Royal Family" up there as if it's from them, but it's really the title of their piece on the anniversary.

Everywhere else I looked there are stories up about how the BRF snubbed the Sussexes by not wishing them Happy Second Wedding Anniversary, as they did last year on their first (that is, the Queen did - the Cambridges didn't).

Those stories overlook, of course, that the Sussexes didn't put up Happy Anniversary messages, either, for the Cambridges on 29 April, nor, apparently, did they wish Princess Charlotte Happy Birthday, although they did Prince Louis (leaving off "Prince" of course).

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2020 12:37 PM

Did they wish Louis a happy 2nd birthday? Their IG was shut down by then, where did they send him birthday wishes?

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 12:49 PM

R84 - Yes, they did sent Louis a 2nd birthday greeting, but I don't remember how. And, as always, they made sure to omit the "Prince" bit. Something they always do with the Cambrdge kids.

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2020 7:05 PM

Why would anyone outside the couple acknowledge the anniversary? Greetings on the first anniversary make sense, but after that?

by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2020 7:36 PM

R86 - The Daily Mail has to have something to write (make up fanfiction) about in order to have stories that generate 2.7K BTL comments in 4 hours.

by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2020 7:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!