Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2020 DataLounge Tony Awards

In the absence of the actual show, post the best performances of theater anywhere: NY, London, your hometown’s high school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2020 8:07 PM

High school junior in Pennsylvania

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2020 9:12 PM

Barbara Harris in her Tony Award winning role - The Apple Tree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2020 12:23 AM

FYI, here's the (almost) complete version of the North Allegheny High School production of Les Miserables.

My high school could never come close to this quality of talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2020 12:29 AM

Turkey Lurkey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2020 1:54 AM

Thanks R3. I knew it had been removed for some reason but did not know it had been reposted. That show is the very famous now isn't it, the pantheon of high school musicals. My high school did some great shows but that production outclassed ours. And I had Nancy Glass (a DL fav of old) in my school shows.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2020 4:43 AM

Alice Playten frozen in time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2020 4:55 AM

High School Chorus Line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2020 6:49 PM

Kevin Kline, Imogen Coca, and the divine Judy Kaye (listen to that gorgeous coloratura flourish near the end at 3:36) in "On the 20th Century"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2020 8:14 PM

Jesus Christ Superstar, 1972

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 1:17 AM

HIgh school " Beauty and the Beast."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2020 1:46 AM

Moulin Rouge. Probably the best musical I've seen on Broadway since Hamilton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2020 4:35 PM

Flowers for Algernon - revived for the stage a few months ago, I saw it in February with the same actor.

English subtitles are available for the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2020 4:41 PM

Grease sing-a-long tonight. Everybody get ready! Tune your pipes! Bigger audience than the regular Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2020 4:45 PM

R11 Hamilton was a piece of shit show. Hopefully Moulon is better.

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2020 7:07 PM

Does Broadway have any intention of at least announcing the 2020 nominees? They appear to have places a permanent pause on the awards.

by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2020 7:58 PM

High School production of Follies. I love this gal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2020 8:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!