Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Creepshow on AMC. Anyone watching?

Creepshow Gray Matter; The House of the Head SEASON 1, EPISODE 1 • PREMIERE

A man's drinking habit becomes insatiable and his appetite grows to frightening proportions; a severed toy head appears in a girl's dollhouse and starts murdering.

It was originally shown on Shudder TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 4:29 AM

I'm watching right now. I remember the short story the first one is based on and love that Adrienne Barbeau is in it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2020 3:03 AM

No one else watched this? I'm actually surprised since DL'ers generally love this kind of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2020 2:56 PM

Watched it. Really enjoyed it. The Creep looked cheap. You would think with Greg Nicotero involved it would look better. Loved seeing Adrienne Barbeau. Enjoyed the "crate" and "ashtray" from the first film in the dollhouse as well as "old chief woodenhead" from the second.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2020 3:00 PM

Wow, I totally missed those R3. Wasn't really looking though.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2020 3:02 PM

I didn't really understand the "non-ending" of the second story though the whole doll house concept was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2020 3:06 PM

New episode tonight

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2020 3:30 AM

I watched when it was on Shudder and it was a mixed bag. It never feels anything like the original movies, but some of the stories are better than others.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2020 3:33 AM

Im liking it...

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2020 3:36 AM

If OP had bothered to search, he would have found our original discussion here.

Thanks for the redundant thread pollution, Lady!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2020 8:44 AM

This is a watered-down, PG-rated CREEPSHOW for kids.

The ‘80s R-rated movies had more adult themes, situations, sex, drugs and violence.

But the new show has hot guys I posted in the correct thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2020 8:48 AM

So what did the new viewers think?

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2020 9:17 AM

Kind of boring.

Typical bloody gore, blood fest.

But not in a scary way.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2020 12:53 PM

I watched it on Shudder and I liked it a lot. It’s nice to have a variation of Tales from the Crypt back. As it goes with any show like this, some episodes are great and some are terrible. The DJ Qualls episode was the low point for me.

It’s probably three times as good as that piece of shit they’re calling a Twilight Zone reboot.

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2020 12:59 PM

OP, thanks for NOT re-posting the older threads. Older threads should just be linked to new posts, not resuscitated. No commenting allowed and some of the information is dated.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2020 1:41 PM

Ed Harris was goofy but hot in the first movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2020 3:27 PM

No but I will check out on demand....thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2020 3:56 PM

The original thread is NOT closed, Lying Redundant Thread Pollution @ r14.

Everybody should do a search before creating new threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2020 4:03 PM

Who shit in YOUR panties, R17?

Sheesh, sit down and have a drink. Relax. Chill.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2020 4:14 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 2:42 AM

Tonight's episode sounds pretty good:

[quote] Harry stumbles upon an old scarecrow and accidentally brings it to life; Lydia kills her lover and needs to hide the evidence, but she gets trapped inside an elevator with the body.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 3:22 AM

This looks good. I am going to check it out!

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 3:53 AM

It’s OK, r20.

The scarecrow short is remarkably similar to a short in SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK, which came out around the same time.

And the elevator story is a lot like “Thanks for the ride, lady!” from CREEPSHOW 2.

So it’s a very derivative episode. But I love the scarecrow design.

More reviews in the original thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!