Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anderson Cooper is a father

Wyatt Morgan Cooper has arrived.

Playdates with Uncle Andy TBA.

by Anonymousreply 363May 6, 2020 7:08 PM

He had a baby with Sonja?

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2020 1:58 AM

Who’s this little pint-sized harlot trying to steal my fucking thunder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2020 1:58 AM

Get that kid some cucumber slices, stat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2020 2:00 AM

clip

WASPiest name ever

so Anderson is a Morgan too? wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2020 2:01 AM

Who will giggle more — Anderson or baby Wyatt?

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2020 2:02 AM

I wonder if Wyatt Cooper and Ben Cohen will be as friendly as their fathers are.

I don't really love the offspring of my mother's best friend

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2020 2:06 AM

If he followed the trend of how famous people name their kids, that baby should be called 3 Sixty.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2020 2:08 AM

I don't know much about teh babies, but he looks pretty fresh out of the oven. Did we know Anderson was "expecting" or WTF you call it?

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2020 2:09 AM

Of course when he announced this, the first thing I thought about was DL.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2020 2:11 AM

You can tell the baby has his father's eyes: small, almond shaped, and probably bright blue.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2020 2:18 AM

He started interviewing mannies for Wyatt this morning.

I hope our Concerned Social-Distancing Team Mom will weigh in because this doesn't seem very safe to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2020 2:18 AM

So the kid's middle name is what Anderson's first name almost was? That's a...healthy ego. A baby at that age seems a tad selfish, especially considering Anderson has alluded to heart issues, and he's a single dad. Hopefully the kid has plenty of Gloria's genes floating around.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2020 2:22 AM

Wyatt was his fathers name correct? Lucky kid, gets that Vanderbilt money

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2020 2:26 AM

He looks delicious.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2020 2:29 AM

Morgan was his grandmother's maiden name: Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt. I guess the name is a tribute to her.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2020 2:31 AM

Foiled again!!! Harry, get in here right now!

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote]A baby at that age seems a tad selfish, especially considering Anderson has alluded to heart issues, and he's a single dad.

The baby will have round the clock care from hired professionals whose only job it is to make sure he is taken care of.

He won't be the one chasing after him.

And Anderson will likely leave him everything under the sun.

Don't cry for him yet Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2020 2:32 AM

Does the baby have a vertical crease between its eyes? Did he use the same egg donor as Andy?

Now he HAS to produce a sibling for the baby, or this kid might be completely on his own by age 25.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2020 2:36 AM

If it'd been a girl she'd be Minnie Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2020 2:37 AM

Miss Cooper will be 70 when this kid graduates from high school. Who the fuck wants a kid when they’re 52?

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2020 2:38 AM

He did say that the surrogate's family was a warm and loving family so Wyatt will probably just be one of their kids with the exception that Anderson is his dad. Sounds perfectly healthy to me if it is handled properly, which I have a hunch it will be, Anderson is no fool, and he has a ton of good people around him. This kid will have a good quality of life I would expect.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2020 2:38 AM

Hey I'm happy for him. New babbies aren't really great, but this one seems cute.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2020 2:39 AM

Big trust fund or not, I agree that it's selfish to have a baby at 52. Even if Anderson lives as long as his mother, he's not going to be vital and active at that age. And if he has heart issues like his father, he could leave that kid an orphan within the next 10 years. If he wanted a baby, he should have had one 10-15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2020 2:40 AM

R23, isn't Anderson adopted? If so, he might not know his bio family history.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2020 2:42 AM

R23.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2020 2:44 AM

This is such bullshit and so irresponsible. I blame Andy Cohen, that fucker. These guys are in their 50s and single and bringing babies into the world. Yes I think Richard Gere is just as bad as well as Alec Baldwin, But at least they have younger women who will watch over the kids once the dads die.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2020 2:45 AM

No mention of a boyfriend/partner anywhere, just Anderson and babby (and wonderful surrogate.) Is AC single these days?

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2020 2:47 AM

Anderson looks like a Dustbowl-era farmer: jug ears; hawk nose; no lips.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2020 2:48 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2020 2:49 AM

I wonder who the egg donor was. No mention of her....I'm sure it's somebody fabulous and famous, no?

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2020 3:06 AM

Honestly, it's pretty shitty of him to wait until not even a year after his mom's passing to have a baby. She was always begging him to have a child, I wonder if he was waiting for her to die first... Based on the timing, the conception occurred a month after Gloria's death.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Don Lemon is next.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2020 3:12 AM

Damn that baby looks just like him.

Anderson will be a good dad.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2020 3:14 AM

WTF?? Shouldn't this be "BREAKING NEWS"? I don't recall anyone on Datalounge mentioning this was going to happen with the 1000's of threads about AC.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2020 3:15 AM

rich gays are too narcissistic to adopt

mazel

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2020 3:16 AM

Uh, I was hoping Anderson was going to adopt me.

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2020 3:21 AM

This is adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2020 3:26 AM

Datalounge is slipping.

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2020 3:30 AM

That picture is beautiful @R37

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2020 3:38 AM

No wonder his show wasn’t on the last couple of nights.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2020 3:43 AM

He probably missed Gloria so much that he changed his mind about having a kid. Bet the egg came from another WASP. The criteria = brains and breeding

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2020 3:46 AM

Maybe now he'll marry Ben to give the kid a two-parent household.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2020 3:49 AM

He and Ben broke up quite a while back but "remain friends."

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2020 3:50 AM

53 is way too old to become a father, but I guess when you're filthy rich it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2020 3:52 AM

The fact that he kept it so quiet, in comparison to Andy Cohen, is a subtle slam at Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2020 3:53 AM

Just get another dog instead. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2020 3:53 AM

Isn't the point of being gay not having to deal with an obnoxious, crying baby?

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2020 3:54 AM

Anderson isn't adopted. You can see the resemblance to his father in the picture below. Hope he got his mother's ticker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2020 3:56 AM

[quote]The fact that he kept it so quiet, in comparison to Andy Cohen, is a subtle slam at Cohen.

I wonder if the fact Andy didn't blab it before now means Anderson didn't tell him about it ahead of time? Is it possible he found out tonight just like the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2020 3:59 AM

Wow. I thought he was going to be the one out gay male celeb to not go in for the baby thing. I’m his age, and can’t imagine starting raising an infant at my age. Good for him if that’s what he wants, personally I’ve never felt the urge to have a kid.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2020 4:01 AM

I agree with others than waiting til you are in your fifties to decide to have kids is just unfair to the kid

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2020 4:07 AM

I doubt Coop will ever change a diaper, but yes, he's still responsible for the child's upbringing and emotional well-being. It's going to seriously suck if he checks out when Wyatt is a teenager, which is entirely possible. I hope he keeps the surrogate and her family in the child's life so the boy has some support outside of his father. Do either of his older half-brothers have children? That would at least provide a few more relatives.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2020 4:10 AM

He said he'd already changed a diaper on that clip in OP's post.

How old was Elton John when he had his first? And Tony Randall - even older (though he had a young wife).

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2020 4:11 AM

Okay, Anderson has changed ONE diaper. The thousands of others will be changed by the nanny, guarantee it.

Having a child in your 50s (or older) is fucking selfish. But plenty of people do it nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2020 4:13 AM

Was wondering when Anderson Cooper would join the extensive line of wealthy gay men who have become fathers. What took him so long I wonder? Also shame he didn't do it sooner so his mother could have seen her grandchild.

From a dynastic point of view it just makes sense for all these wealthy gay men to have children. They have vast wealth/assets that need to go somewhere and like their straight peers/siblings preferred choice is to legal heirs of their body.

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2020 4:14 AM

Cringeworthy

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote]I don't recall anyone on Datalounge mentioning this was going to happen

He’s really good at keeping secrets. Amazing that nothing about this leaked to the press the whole time.

[quote]Isn't the point of being gay not having to deal with an obnoxious, crying baby?

That’s what servants are for, dear.

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2020 4:16 AM

It was great watching the last ten or so minutes of his show tonight when he broke the news and was just beaming so much with pride. I'm happy for him, and for the new baby. It's just weird that the kid looks like it got its right eye from Sandy Duncan.

And I think the sibling will be engineered to be a girl. Named Alice, of course.

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2020 4:19 AM

Wasn't Gloria extremely needy, especially in her final years? Perhaps Anderson didn't feel he had the emotional energy for his mother and for a baby, especially when coupled with a high-profile career.

If he must procreate in his early 50s, I agree that he should have a second child as soon as possible. At least that way the boy will always have a sibling.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2020 4:20 AM

[quote] Wow. I thought he was going to be the one out gay male celeb to not go in for the baby thing.

Nope, but you still have Sir Ian and Sir Derek.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2020 4:24 AM

I agree it's selfish and odd to father a child in your fifties. However, I do want the line to continue. A son of Anderson Cooper? Will he grow up to be smart, sweet, hot and gay like his dad? I hope so! I hope I live long enough to see the results, good or bad. And if it goes bad...I'll wait for the Daddy Dearest book. Win win!

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2020 4:25 AM

He wanted one of my eggs, but I said, "Fuck you, Anderson".

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2020 4:26 AM

Does it have his triangle head, elephant ears and baboon nose? If not it is not his child.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2020 4:27 AM

So when is Peter Thiel having a baby?

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2020 4:28 AM

Completely ridiculous. This whole thing of 50-year old gay men indulging their "maternal" instincts and obtaining children through artificial means needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2020 4:29 AM

That baby is cute. loved his write up - especially the last para. And R35 is absolutely right!

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2020 4:32 AM

Even if it's not ideal that Anderson is a dad in his fifties, that kid is STILL going to have a charmed life with lots of comfort money and every possible advantage. He won't be hurting for anything. And Anderson will have a small (gay?) army of help.

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2020 4:33 AM

He doesn't want to die alone. Simple. I was feeling some type of way about him denying Gloria's wish for child for so long, just to do it after she passed... but I guess it dawned on him that he has no immediate family left, and doesn't want to die alone. Nothing like death to put your deepest wants in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2020 4:42 AM

Good for him. I feel sad I won't have anyone to pass my life experience on to. I get it. He should do what he wants. He's got the money and stability to make a great home for any kid. Go for it! You only go around once, might as well do something really lasting and fulfilling. As for being selfish, he's actually be very unselfish. Just ask any parent. It's work.

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2020 4:46 AM

Gloria left everything to just him, correct?

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2020 4:48 AM

She left him some (as in millions) but also left a larger amount to charity and others. Go figure. But Anderson has made his own money (lots of it) for years. No one will be hurting for cash.

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2020 4:53 AM

I haven’t clicked on an AC 🧵 for years so I’m behind on the news. So, what happened to the French love rat 🐀 boyfriend that was photographed kissing another guy in a park? Why no mention? Is he a single dad?

by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2020 4:54 AM

Gloria left behind an estate of about 1.5 million. Her big apartment went to one of his older brothers. Anderson told Howard Stern in an interview a few years ago that his mother told him not to expect an inheritance and he didn't want one, as he felt inherited money was a curse.

He's worth about 100 million, but he made that on his own. Of course, his background and education certainly helped him make the necessary connections to become famous and rich..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2020 4:55 AM

I hope Anderson didn't have his son MUTILATED.

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2020 5:09 AM

I think it's great that gay men can have children now, but these white rich (single) men in their 50s having babies seem odd and like they were just ordering a product from Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2020 5:22 AM

I hope the kid didn't inherit his dad's suicide genes. It runs in the family.

by Anonymousreply 76May 1, 2020 5:24 AM

Will Uncle Andy perform the brit milah?

by Anonymousreply 77May 1, 2020 5:26 AM

Hope he got rid of his pet boa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 1, 2020 5:29 AM

Speaking of surrogate children being left behind, what ever became of Wendy Wasserstein’s child?

by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2020 5:29 AM

The risk for autism is linked to advance paternal age - so if it’s his 52 year old sperm that made Wyatt.....

I guess he was lonely and wanted something to love? Sad how his whole family died :(

Best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2020 5:29 AM

Of the J.P. Morgan surname Morgan's; not of the Morgan Freeman forename Morgans, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2020 5:29 AM

R81

No, J.P. Morgan family is not related to Henry Hays Morgan, Sr. who was father of Maria Mercedes Morgan, Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt's mother.

Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt (Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt's father) was comparatively poor compared to J.P. Morgan's family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 1, 2020 6:12 AM

Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2020 6:13 AM

IIRC Gloria Vanderbilt had huge issues with IRS due to being diddled by her financial adviser or something. GMV started out well enough with a trust fund of $2.5 million, but once she became of age suffered from that dreaded and oft repeated Vanderbilt curse, she spent the capital instead of living on the interest. To settle with IRS GMV had to sell off a few of her properties and other assets. Again something not unfamiliar in Vanderbilt family.

Besides as noted above and elsewhere Anderson Cooper has more money than his mother ever had, and likely is doing better than many other Vanderbilt family members. Like all sons of wealthy families he needed a heir, now thanks to modern laws and technology AC has got one, can still be who and what he is, and not resort to some sort of sham marriage with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 84May 1, 2020 6:21 AM

Gloria Vanderbilt only had 1.5 million dollars??? Did I read that right????

by Anonymousreply 85May 1, 2020 6:23 AM

R85

No, you don't.

AC inherited 1.5 million, his mother's estate was larger but she didn't leave him the lot.

Anderson Cooper has siblings, and more to the point doesn't need (or wanted) his mother's money. AC rakes in > 11 million dollars PER YEAR from his work. That is $11 million last year, this year, next year... until his contract expires. With that kind of money coming in $ 2 million is a rounding error.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 1, 2020 6:39 AM

Don't know why some of you are harping on about Anderson Cooper's age. He's only in his early 50's, enjoys great health and comes from a family of rather long lived members. If he lives until his 80's (not remotely out of the question), AC will have been around to watch his son grow up, attend and graduate college, launch himself into a career and maybe even start a family.

by Anonymousreply 87May 1, 2020 6:42 AM

Interesting that all these famous gay dads only want male children. What’s that about?

by Anonymousreply 88May 1, 2020 7:06 AM

Men always want sons. Nothing strange about that.

by Anonymousreply 89May 1, 2020 7:09 AM

Nothing was said that AC somehow manipulated the process; he gave up his stuff, and just as with any other pregnancy results were what they were.

Only interesting thing is unlike many other gay dads who used surrogates AC only got one child, not twins.

Besides Ricky Martin has at least one daughter in his brood, so it isn't as if gays are avoiding having daughters or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2020 7:10 AM

Now that one thinks about it NPH and Nate Burkus also have daughters.

On another note now that Andrew Cuomo pushed through changes making surrogacy legal in NYS, expect to see more power gays and or those a bit lower on economic scale having children.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2020 7:12 AM

Jeff Lewis has a girl who's bejeweled in every photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 1, 2020 7:22 AM

Not that I'm drawing any conclusions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 1, 2020 7:23 AM

Or maybe I am.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 1, 2020 7:24 AM

Jeff's kid looks special, let's not deny it. He would be the first one to call it out. A 17th head. Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 95May 1, 2020 7:25 AM

Be civilized. Don't be barbaric. Leave that boy intact.

by Anonymousreply 96May 1, 2020 7:34 AM

r96 My thoughts as well!

by Anonymousreply 97May 1, 2020 7:38 AM

[quote]No, J.P. Morgan family is not related to Henry Hays Morgan, Sr. who was father of Maria Mercedes Morgan, Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt's mother.

Maria Mercedes Morgan and Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt are one and the same; Reggie Claypoole Vanderbilt was her husband. Their daughter, Anderson's mom, was Gloria LAURA Vanderbilt.

by Anonymousreply 98May 1, 2020 8:11 AM

My sister's husband, for years, didn't want children and my sister did so she divorced him. She was in her early 40s and she looked for a compatible partner who would be willing to have children with her. She ended up meeting Jeremy Renner's Dad who was in his early 60s. He had grown children already of course but my sister and Lee (Jeremy's dad) fell in love and he agreed to have a family with her. They ended up having two healthy beautiful boys who at 7 & 8 are already proficient at piano and violin. Yes, my sister is 50 and Lee is past 70 but the four of them are all very happy and I'm happy for them. So there's no one way to do this family thing. And I certainly don't consider them selfish. They've given me two wonderful nephews. Life just works sometimes.

By the way, you Renner crazies once posted a photo of my nephew decorating a Christmas tree here on DL!

by Anonymousreply 99May 1, 2020 8:24 AM

btw- my post was in response to those who were saying 52 was too old to have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 100May 1, 2020 8:25 AM

R99 My partner's dad was in his 60s when he was born. I'm sure you can look at the situation with rose tinted glasses right now but wait ten or fifteen years from now and you'll see the reality of growing up with parents that are too old. They've been utterly selfish and cruel.

by Anonymousreply 101May 1, 2020 11:11 AM

Anderson is a tool . Did not see any pregnancy Pictures of him. Must have been an easy Birth , blowing him out the shitter .

by Anonymousreply 102May 1, 2020 11:30 AM

He seems ripe to have postpartum depression. Anderson, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 103May 1, 2020 11:44 AM

R82: Thanks, that's interesting.

Henry Hays Morgan, Jr. is quite a Six Degrees of Separation character.

Wikipedia:

[quote]Morgan was born April 25, 1898, in Horgen, Switzerland, to Henry Hays Morgan Sr. (1860–1933), an American diplomat, who served as U.S. consul general at Buenos Aires, Argentina; Berlin, Germany; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Havana, Cuba; and Brussels, Belgium.[1] and his Peruvian born wife, Laura Delphine Kilpatrick (1877–1956). Morgan's father was the son of Louisiana planters, his mother was the daughter of U.S. Civil War General and diplomat Hugh Judson Kilpatrick. Morgan was raised primarily in Europe, one of four children including sisters Consuelo Morgan Thaw, Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt and Thelma Furness, Viscountess Furness and two half-sisters from his father's first marriage who remained in the United States. He graduated from Columbia University in 1919. He followed in his follows footsteps entering the diplomatic corps as U.S. Vice Consul at Glasgow, Scotland and later Brussels, Belgium and Vienna, Austria

by Anonymousreply 104May 1, 2020 1:06 PM

It doesn't work that fast R31. The pregnancy lasts nine months, but the whole procedure may take even two years if played by the book. We can only guess when but it all must have started well before her death.

by Anonymousreply 105May 1, 2020 1:17 PM

Andersen Cooper may have also waited to sort himself out relationship wise; that is making certain he wasn't going to marry any of the odd recent boyfriends. Once that matter was settled things become a bit more clear. I mean it is easier to decide having a child as a couple, than to have the baby, then worry about introducing someone into your life (and the child's).

While it would have been great I suppose if AC had done this ten or so years ago, but who are we to tell the man how to run his life? Past two decades has brought so much change for gays and lesbians, especially those in media. I mean NBC and ABC seem to have more than their share of gay journalists/reporters and everyone seems happy.

Maybe AC has realized (not unlike many older women) that they aren't going to find Mr. Right, but can do the other thing they want, start a family. Yes Ricky Martin had a few kids before marrying current husband, then having more, but not everyone does things that way.

Agree with others however that maybe his mother dying and his own getting older forced AC to take some stock in his life and about mortality. He is the last one left in his immediate family, and while having step-siblings and extended clan is all very well it isn't the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 106May 1, 2020 2:03 PM

Is he single? I sort of interpreted the child as a solution to being alone. Now he’s a father. Relationships are in the past.

by Anonymousreply 107May 1, 2020 3:09 PM

Lots of sour old queens on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 108May 1, 2020 3:13 PM

Is a baby the latest must-have accessory for wealtthy gays?

by Anonymousreply 109May 1, 2020 3:35 PM

This in the midst of a global pandemic. Personally, I have been forced to think that there could be such a thing as a natural order.

He is 52 years old with no immediate family. His father died at age 50 of heart disease. His brother died of suicide caused by mental illness. He is a homosexual, which should be a natural inhibitor to procreation. Nature did not intend that the Copper family genetic material should endure.

I am gay and I think gays and lesbians should have children if they want them. However, I think there is a reason that I am gay and I don't think I am supposed to procreate. I think I was intended to foster or adopt if I wanted children.

by Anonymousreply 110May 1, 2020 3:48 PM

yeah, what an odd time to become a 52 year old father

by Anonymousreply 111May 1, 2020 3:50 PM

I am not suggesting that Cooper would have known that there would be a global pandemic, or that his child would come into the world in the midst of one. Clearly his plan to be a father was hatched years ago.

It is the pandemic itself that has caused me to believe in a natural order.

by Anonymousreply 112May 1, 2020 4:02 PM

(R110) Well, good for YOU. You are not a self sufficient multi millionaire. He can do what he wants. And do you think anyone was expecting a worldwide pandemic 9 months ago? The timing sucks for Anderson, I don't think he was thinking it would be a great time to have a baby. And YOU know what nature intended? Pu-leeze...

by Anonymousreply 113May 1, 2020 4:03 PM

Is Ben still living with him?

by Anonymousreply 114May 1, 2020 4:04 PM

([R110]) Well, good for YOU. You are not a self sufficient multi millionaire. He can do what he wants. And do you think anyone was expecting a worldwide pandemic 9 months ago? The timing sucks for Anderson, I don't think he was thinking it would be a great time to have a baby. And YOU know what nature intended? Pu-leeze...

Yes, I clarified that he could not have predicted or anticipated a global pandemic. However, some things are not meant to be. When men, money and their machinations interfere with the natural order suffering ensues. Mankind gets an accident of nature, like Hitler or Donald Trump -- or r113

by Anonymousreply 115May 1, 2020 4:46 PM

^ MEANT to be? NATURAL order? Fuck off, Miss Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 116May 1, 2020 4:53 PM

Too bad ciswomen who use IVF don’t take nature’s cue.

by Anonymousreply 117May 1, 2020 4:53 PM

He never seems that affectionate, I feel sorry for the kid.

by Anonymousreply 118May 1, 2020 4:58 PM

(R115) So, Anderson Cooper having a baby is the same thing as the rise of Hitler and Donald Trump....RIIIIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 119May 1, 2020 4:59 PM

Donta bring mee eento dis man!

by Anonymousreply 120May 1, 2020 5:09 PM

I can't wait till NYE when Anderson and Andy can spend all night talking about their adorable babies. Imagine how exciting it will be.

by Anonymousreply 121May 1, 2020 5:34 PM

A naturally-occurring coronavirus has upended life on Earth. We disregard that there is a natural order at our great peril. What is homosexuality if not nature's way of limiting procreation? Likewise for infertility in heterosexuals. It may sound cruel but nature IS cruel.

by Anonymousreply 122May 1, 2020 5:56 PM

Do you think Anderson used the same surrogate mom as Andy Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 123May 1, 2020 6:02 PM

(R122) No, Y OU are cruel, delusional, and a fuck head.

by Anonymousreply 124May 1, 2020 6:03 PM

I'm happy for him. I bet he makes a great Dad.

by Anonymousreply 125May 1, 2020 6:05 PM

(R122) What is homosexiness if not natures way of saying fuck you, you fucking fuck.

by Anonymousreply 126May 1, 2020 6:06 PM

So, Anderson's swimmers were used to impregnate the surrogate?

by Anonymousreply 127May 1, 2020 6:07 PM

No mention of her....I'm sure it's somebody fabulous and famous, no?

But I bet she got a big payday for pushing out that kid!

Whatever the case, mazel tov Anderson! He's a cute little peanut - not like that living cabbage patch doll that Andy Cohen has! I think the comments are probably correct that Anderson is a lonely guy and desperately wanted a family of his own, but hey, there are certainly worse reasons in the world to have children. As far as his mother, while she seemed lovely, I'll bet dealing with her was a full time job and her loss - while sad - was probably also a release and a new beginning in some ways.

by Anonymousreply 128May 1, 2020 6:15 PM

I hope Anderson follows a healthy diet now that he's a father. He used to eat just hot dogs for weeks on end and the same takeout turkey meal. A little variety would be preferable as his child grows up.

by Anonymousreply 129May 1, 2020 6:26 PM

I think it’s wonderful. Congratulations.

Little Anderson Happy At Last!

by Anonymousreply 130May 1, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote] But I bet she got a big payday for pushing out that kid!

Maybe not. She may have done it for the honor.

by Anonymousreply 131May 1, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote] Too bad ciswomen who use IVF don’t take nature’s cue.

The hormones used for egg donation are just as unnatural. And at least the ciswoman gets to keep her kid after.

by Anonymousreply 132May 1, 2020 6:43 PM

R31 Is a great example of passing judgment on complete strangers lives. And reading into celebrities lives. Plus weird boundary issues. The idea that somebody should have a baby because their parent is begging for it is insane.

by Anonymousreply 133May 1, 2020 6:47 PM

Anderson thanked the surrogate. She's married with children.

by Anonymousreply 134May 1, 2020 7:02 PM

Yet radfems only care when gay men do stuff that's unnatural, R132. That's the point.

by Anonymousreply 135May 1, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote] She's married with children.

Could it be....?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 1, 2020 7:05 PM

He'll be a much better father than 90% of men across America.

He will not hate his son if he happens to be gay -- like so many of our fathers.

He has earned his child. He is not the result of a meth and beer addled fuck in a motel in Atlantic City.

I wish him well. This is what a healthy family looks like.

by Anonymousreply 137May 1, 2020 7:06 PM

I'm not crazy about IVF, but it's not the same thing. Like I said, the baby still goes home with their biological parents. I guess you think women are that disposable that Anderson and others can do what they do and not bat an eye. And this is hardly a view exclusive to "radfems", sorry to disappoint you.

by Anonymousreply 138May 1, 2020 7:08 PM

I hope the baby has grey hair.

by Anonymousreply 139May 1, 2020 7:08 PM

[quote] He has earned his child. He is not the result of a meth and beer addled fuck in a motel in Atlantic City.

Yes, because there isn't an entire world between a spoiled rich guy and a beer guzzling meth addict. In fact, 90% of fathers are neither of those things.

by Anonymousreply 140May 1, 2020 7:10 PM

His life is empty...he thinks this child will fill the void but it won't. He will never be happy

by Anonymousreply 141May 1, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote]Like I said, the baby still goes home with their biological parents.

Adopted children don't go home with their bio parents. They go home with better ones. The same is true for children born through surrogates.

by Anonymousreply 142May 1, 2020 7:14 PM

[quote]In fact, 90% of fathers are neither of those things.

Lots of fathers hate their gay sons.

A gay father won't.

by Anonymousreply 143May 1, 2020 7:15 PM

How old is too old to become a father?

by Anonymousreply 144May 1, 2020 7:16 PM

52, R144.

by Anonymousreply 145May 1, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote]How old is too old to become a father?

According to nature, you're never too old.

But that's only if you believe in nature.

by Anonymousreply 146May 1, 2020 7:17 PM

Not really a fan of gay guys (and straight people too) deciding they finally want to be parents when they're 50.

by Anonymousreply 147May 1, 2020 7:29 PM

When Anderson was twenty, R147, America was a more homophobic place.

If you want gay men to have children earlier, work on facilitating surrogacy and eliminating homophobia.

Otherwise, leave us alone. We have reasons why we're late having children. Straights don't.

by Anonymousreply 148May 1, 2020 7:35 PM

Anderson officially came out in 2012. He could have openly had a baby by surrogate any time after that. He should have done it years ago.

by Anonymousreply 149May 1, 2020 7:40 PM

That he was forty-five when he came out proves how homophobic America is and the hate he's getting right now he'd be getting at any age. Again, one has to be old enough to withstand that hate. Straights don't face that.

by Anonymousreply 150May 1, 2020 7:42 PM

Oh please, r148. It's obvious after he lost his whole family he was feeling incredibly alone. Lots of straight men do that too, but at least call it what it is. And facilitating surrogacy? What the fuck does that even mean? Trying to turn all women into incubators who don't even know their own children?

by Anonymousreply 151May 1, 2020 7:43 PM

I'm surprised the baby's white; Anderson struck me as someone who'd opt for biracial, if and when the babyfever hit.

by Anonymousreply 152May 1, 2020 7:55 PM

Most people who use surrogates instead of adopting do so because they want a kid who looks like them and shares their DNA

by Anonymousreply 153May 1, 2020 8:09 PM

He and Andy should have used the same egg donor. Then their sons could be half-brothers. They'll need more family after they lose their dads in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 154May 1, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote] Most people who use surrogates instead of adopting do so because they want a kid who looks like them and shares their DNA

Biology supersedes the law. Adoptions can be undone by courts. If the kid is yours biologically then no one can undermine your parental rights -- barring misconduct. That said, it does not mean that everyone who wants a child should take extraordinary and expensive steps to have one.

by Anonymousreply 155May 1, 2020 9:17 PM

R155, there have been plenty of stories of trouble with surrogates

by Anonymousreply 156May 1, 2020 9:49 PM

I wouldn't call it trouble, R156.

by Anonymousreply 157May 1, 2020 10:17 PM

[quote] He and Ben broke up quite a while back but "remain friends."

Daily Mail says they are quietly back together again. They said Ben sold some bar and is cutting back on other work to spend more time at home with the new baby.

Their headline: "Anderson Cooper seen after welcoming baby Wyatt... as it emerges he quietly reunited with ex Benjamin Maisani before son's birth"

by Anonymousreply 158May 1, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote]Rekindling the old flame. Anderson Cooper got back together with ex-boyfriend Benjamin Maisani before welcoming his son, multiple sources exclusively reveal to Us Weekly.

[quote]“Anderson has reconciled with Ben,” an insider says of the 52-year-old CNN anchor. “They very quietly got back together and are planning ahead. Ben is selling one of his clubs and cutting back on how much he does at night so he can spend more time at home with Anderson and the baby.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 1, 2020 10:59 PM

R41 Yup, a donor would have provided the egg, Anderson the rest of the DNA and the surrogate would have carried the baby. I think in early days of surrogacy, the surrogate’s egg was used but now with medical advances, the egg usually comes from someone else. It’s safer too from the perspective of worrying that the surrogate will decide she wants to keep “her” baby.

I have friends who asked the boyfriend’s sister to be the egg donor so now their two kids are biologically related to both of them. It’s sad though that these methods to have children are only possible for people who have the money to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 160May 1, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] It’s sad though that these methods to have children are only possible for people who have the money to pay for it.

Why is that sad? Having kids isn't a right.

by Anonymousreply 161May 1, 2020 11:29 PM

I know a couple who went the surrogacy route and they paid over $400,000. I think they had several failed attempts before she finally had a successful pregnancy and that was costly. The surrogate was $200,000. There are fairly well off who’re women who seem to want to do this as an act of generosity rather than a purely profit making venture. I know the ladies they considered all had very nice lifestyles and husbands with good jobs. They lived in nice parts of town where they had access to the best food, exercise facilities, Heath facilities. They had supportive husbands and children. They had no drug or alcohol issues that would affect the pregnancy.

I do wonder/worry that if surrogacy becomes more popular and more financially viable for middle class people where the surrogates will come from and who they will be. I have a really bad feeling that there might be a time when there will be desperation on both sides and we could see a situation in which poor women are rebating their wombs to rich and middle class people.

I haven’t ever felt any strong paternal desires and I’m single and don’t earn good money so it’s very unlikely I’ll ever have children. I’d much prefer to adopt though, ideally a girl.

by Anonymousreply 162May 1, 2020 11:32 PM

Oops I meant white women and not wh’ore women!

by Anonymousreply 163May 1, 2020 11:33 PM

R162 Will Groupons be available for surrogates?

by Anonymousreply 164May 1, 2020 11:54 PM

R162, commercial surrogacy is not a good thing, and despite your anecdotes, most of the women who act as surrogates live in poverty.

by Anonymousreply 165May 1, 2020 11:57 PM

Anderson was smart. He asked one of his frau friends who already has a husband and kids but is clearly infatuated enough with him to bear his child. Very little chance she'd try to keep the baby (try explaining THAT to Dear Hubby). However, if Anderson checks out with a heart attack in the next 10 years, she'll certainly take the child and raise it.

by Anonymousreply 166May 2, 2020 12:00 AM

r165 If they're living in poverty then this is a great way to make a shit load of money. They just have to sit on their ass and let their body do all the work and then in 9 months hand over the finished product.

by Anonymousreply 167May 2, 2020 12:00 AM

R167, pregnancy isn't quite the walk in the park that you're making it out to be

by Anonymousreply 168May 2, 2020 12:03 AM

How selfish can he be? Ordered himself a baby to satisfy his ego. Probably got jealous of Andy Cohen. Will they gush on their NYE show about how they ~ incidentally ~ became fathers around the same time? Is he a single parent?

by Anonymousreply 169May 2, 2020 12:03 AM

I think taking a baby away from their mother by plan is just cruel, even if the mother gets compensated with money. The baby had no choice ....

by Anonymousreply 170May 2, 2020 12:06 AM

R165 Yes as I said it doesn’t sit right with me. I was just sharing my one anecdote to show how surrogacy works for the 1% and how it seems so totally amoral and sanitised as they tell it.

by Anonymousreply 171May 2, 2020 12:07 AM

R170 The surrogate wasn't the mother and has no claim to the child

by Anonymousreply 172May 2, 2020 12:08 AM

R37 since when are you suppose to buy a new baby “for hope“? How selfish and vapid ....

by Anonymousreply 173May 2, 2020 12:08 AM

So you're cool with babies being bought and sold, R167? That's human trafficking and the US is one of the only developed nations that allows it and keeps company with countries like India, Iran, and Russia. Congrats, I guess.

Also, it's not the surrogates who cash in, it's the lawyers and agencies.

by Anonymousreply 174May 2, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote] The surrogate wasn't the mother

Yeah, but the egg donor is and she was certainly compensated. And obviously it's not as simple as sperm donation. Women don't just pop out eggs. Their bodies have to be stimulated with hormones to do it. I know some women who end up with long term health problems from the procedure. Hardly worth a couple thousand dollars.

by Anonymousreply 175May 2, 2020 12:15 AM

R167 if the surrrogate lives in poverty, this business is just exploitation. And producing a constant stream of new babies on order in this overpopulated world is not ethical at all.

by Anonymousreply 176May 2, 2020 12:19 AM

R172 For now the surrogate may not but the rules could change in the future and probably will as it has changed eslewhere. Especially as more research comes out pointing out different ways surrogate's body effects the baby in the womb.

by Anonymousreply 177May 2, 2020 12:23 AM

The lucky few who were called back for round two have been revealed. They look so excited!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 2, 2020 12:23 AM

R175 not to mention the surrogate carried the child inside of her for several months. Nurtured and protected the baby with her body. Including all the risks and birth giving. If money is that’s all is left with after all this, it’s just sad.

by Anonymousreply 179May 2, 2020 12:23 AM

How many comfortable, white women are there renting their wombs? You have to have had children before so that narrows it even more. I fully believe that all the filthy rich people who had gone this route have found women who are white and able to provide in every way a healthy pregnancy. But there cannot be that many women like this. When I hear people say why o my for this rich, should t everyone have this option I only imagine exploitation of the most disadvantaged women. No woman should have to undergo a pregnancy because she needs the money to feed her children. If it is deregulated surely you could entice a woman in the third world with €10,000 but is this right? Is parenthood a right? I don’t believe so and I think so often now the focus is on the parent rather than the child. If the parent wants/hopes/feels/thinks we cannot say anything and must accept without question that it is a good choice, their right and a positive development for society. I’m generally very liberal and progressive but gay or straight designing children down to gender or down to twins one fathered by each dad and utilising women’s bodies for money is not ethical to me. It is also not without a raised eyebrow that I observe that many who would do this or support this would also like to sterilise poor people and want to go preach to the third world about overpopulation.

by Anonymousreply 180May 2, 2020 12:23 AM

ADOPT!! Stop having kids. We don't need anymore on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 181May 2, 2020 12:26 AM

R181 yeah. If Anderson had adopted a child, I would would have said: a humbling and inspirational act, giving hope and purpose to an human in adversity and not only himself. But since he 1) ordered a baby 2) after getting inspired by his friend, 3) after being depressed by his mother’s death , 4) being in his 50’s, 5) being single, not even providing the baby two parents, this just reeks: Me Me Me!!!

by Anonymousreply 182May 2, 2020 12:36 AM

R175 Yes egg donation is paid about 12,000 I think. More than sperm but certainly not worth the risk for women whose eggs would be most desired. Risk from the medication to stimulate hyper ovulation and also risks from the extraction.

I am quite paternal, i hope that the exact equivalent of maternal in English! because that is what I mean. However, I accept that as a homosexual I can contribute to the world in other ways. I am a frequent visitor to Eastern Europe where there are still orphanages and if I ever find myself in a better financial position where I can get on the property ladder I would love to look into adoption. Gender is not important to me but girls are certainly rejected more than boys still in counties like Bulgaria. Giving a young girl the chance to reach her potential would be a way to pay it forward and pass on the kindness and wisdom my family showed to me. I would also be open to fostering or a big brother type mentorship. But I believe first before all we must consider the child and their needs rather than the ego. I hold this position of course across the board and feel the same when it is heterosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 183May 2, 2020 12:36 AM

R183 wow, you sound really thoughtful and considerate about this.

by Anonymousreply 184May 2, 2020 12:44 AM

Anderson made his own choice. You can make your own choice, in your own time, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 185May 2, 2020 12:51 AM

R185 Facepalm. In case you haven’t noticed, the recent post have been concerned about the wellbeing of the child mostly, the egg donor, the surrogate, the system behind it and implications for the world. This is not only about Andy’s “own choice”.

by Anonymousreply 186May 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Don't cut that boy!!

by Anonymousreply 187May 2, 2020 12:57 AM

Suicide runs in families. I hope that he moves to a first- floor single story dwelling with his baby.

by Anonymousreply 188May 2, 2020 1:00 AM

(R186) I believe the Headline was: Anderson Cooper is a father. Not: The Child, The Egg Donor, The Surrogate and The System.

by Anonymousreply 189May 2, 2020 1:02 AM

"The surrogate wasn't the mother and has no claim to the child"

R172 Wrong wrong wrong. The surrogate gives birth to the child and passes on part of her genetic profile to the baby via epigenetics.

In fact, a court in the UK allowed a surrogate mother to have up to 6 visits a year with the child she birthed, as well as other involvement in the child's life.

by Anonymousreply 190May 2, 2020 1:04 AM

You know, I wonder if that's why he never had a kid until now. Mental illness is scary and I know a lot of otherwise healthy, together people who have chosen not to have kids because mental illness or depression runs in their family.

by Anonymousreply 191May 2, 2020 1:05 AM

R190, this is the USA. different laws here.

by Anonymousreply 192May 2, 2020 1:09 AM

R189 A discussion is suppose to evolve and have some scope. And you only can think of the literal title of this thread and all you come up with is “his choice”? How reductive.

by Anonymousreply 193May 2, 2020 1:10 AM

52 years old with a newborn baby. The American dream.

by Anonymousreply 194May 2, 2020 1:10 AM

R192 Wrong again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 2, 2020 1:15 AM

Anderson doesn’t have any close living family, does he? I wonder who’s the kid’s godfather or equivalent, if something happens to him. Ben’s probably not going to be around forever.

by Anonymousreply 196May 2, 2020 1:16 AM

Louis Theroux did an interesting show on adoption that’s worth a watch to see what happens if you try to adopt a child from a pregnant woman. One mom changed her mind after the birth, one mom took their money and then gave birth in a motel without telling them and refused to give up the baby, another young woman and her bf were happy to go through with it in the hospital but her parents were devastated. They also had a tween boy meet his birth mom. All really interesting stuff.

I can’t think of anyone who went public early or shared much about the surrogacy process. It would be better to bring it all into the light good and bad to allow people to make more informed decisions on all sides.

by Anonymousreply 197May 2, 2020 1:16 AM

In 10 years when the kid wants to play catch what’s Anderson and his creaky knees and back going to do? I suspect the nanny will be raising this poor soul.

by Anonymousreply 198May 2, 2020 1:22 AM

R195, you dumb cunt, that is TN! Did he get the baby from TN? Every state is different.

I think he might have gotten his from CA.

by Anonymousreply 199May 2, 2020 1:23 AM

Good number of surrogates in USA are military or wives of same. They have excellent health insurance which offers very good maternity coverage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 2, 2020 1:23 AM

R197 I think Mother Nature has provided a mother instinct to most women for a reason. It’s hard to shake off and doesn’t necessarily succumb to a any business model.

by Anonymousreply 201May 2, 2020 1:24 AM

Someone suggested for a couple using one man’s sperm and then an egg from the other man’s sister. It reminds me that Lily Tomlin was on that Hiking with Kevin Youtube show and she said she and her partner had considered impregnating Lily with her partner’s nephew’s sperm. Perhaps I am a horrible cynic but it seems to me such situations could be a nightmare if the couple split up. You would also need to be very clear with the child in an age appropriate way from the start as in the old days many young people were damaged when they discovered at 14 that their sister was really their mom. All that and trying to guide them through having same sex parents or a single parent and whew. It’s an incredible undertaking.

by Anonymousreply 202May 2, 2020 1:25 AM

Phew! A lot of crazy moral judgements on this thread, mostly (I think) by women pretending to be men, and who have difficulty writing English. While many gay men are (rightly) happy never to have had children, it is women, and usually women who have never had children, who are driven into this kind of froth by the prospect of (in this case a gay man) having a child through surrogacy. As with Evangelicals and Trump supporters, it is impossible to have any rational conversation with them.

We have had two children via two surrogates and both of the surrogates would have smacked people like [R90.]. They did it because they were altruistic, because they enjoyed the experience of pregnancy, and because they were extremely well compensated for their remarkable gift to us. One of our surrogates bought a small house with the money she earned. In short, they wanted to do it. But of course, so many of the posters above would like to control what women do with their bodies.

And best wished to Anderson! As an intelligent poster observed, having children in ones fifties is not selfish. Rather it is a new model. He now has the job security and the time to devote to his son. It is the first two decades that are formative of the child, and one hopes he will remain active and loving into his eighties.

by Anonymousreply 203May 2, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] I think he might have gotten his from CA

This sentence says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 204May 2, 2020 1:27 AM

r195 This is why you make sure the surrogate is not the biological egg donor, it's a lot harder for them to change their mind legally when they have no relation to the child.

by Anonymousreply 205May 2, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote]If Anderson had adopted a child, I would would have said: a humbling and inspirational act,

Nah. Adoption is for plebes. Anderson Cooper has money and can afford the most expensive, high-end baby, 100% white with his genes combined with his choice of the very best egg available. No mixed-breed adopted kid with dubious genes for him, no sir. Only the very best made-to-order baby will do when you are Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 206May 2, 2020 1:39 AM

R203 Your post is full of wild assumptions, especially the first paragraph, and you don’t provide much rational evidence, either. Not convincing imo.

And having a single parent in their 50’s looking after me all the time (besides a horde of staff) is certainly not what I would have wanted as a child.

by Anonymousreply 207May 2, 2020 1:44 AM

Its very concerning that no one here had this info before he announced it. You bitches need to do your jobs.

by Anonymousreply 208May 2, 2020 2:05 AM

So, we all agree Kelly Ripa was the egg donor, right?

by Anonymousreply 209May 2, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote] And best wished to Anderson! As an intelligent poster observed, having children in ones fifties is not selfish. Rather it is a new model. He now has the job security and the time to devote to his son. It is the first two decades that are formative of the child, and one hopes he will remain active and loving into his eighties.

You cannot be serious. No one of any gender or sexual orientation believes that 52 is a good age to have a kid. Until money can buy immortality it will not be the new model. Cooper is on TV everyday, he has no more time to spend with his kid than any other working parent.

by Anonymousreply 210May 2, 2020 2:47 AM

Anderson and Ben are back together again and will be raising the baby together

That according to multiple sources confirming this to US Weekly

by Anonymousreply 211May 2, 2020 2:50 AM

[quote] Anderson and Ben are back together again and will be raising the baby together

Their on again off again relationship will be so good for the baby.

by Anonymousreply 212May 2, 2020 3:24 AM

Adoption isn’t for everyone. I’ve had a few friends adopt and it can be very challenging. Kids with fetal drug and alcohol poisoning, kids from foreign orphanages with severe attachment disorder. Most if not many adopted kids come with a host of special needs. The lucky ones blossom with their new families who, ideally can pay for the special education, tutors, medication and be able to take time off to bring them to many, many medical and educational appointments. It is truly a labor of love for the adoptive parents. “Just adopt” sounds like the best answer and in a lot of ways, it is, but it is usually much more difficult than parenting a biological child of one’s own.

by Anonymousreply 213May 2, 2020 4:21 AM

R208

Unlike many other gays who took to media announcing they were expecting via surrogate (Lance Bass, NPH, Raphael Miranda , Matt Bomer, Clay Aiken, Ricky Martin, etc....) Anderson Cooper did not do so, as is his right. What would you have people do? Launch a criminal invasion of the man's privacy to ferret out information for public consumption.

Probably some AC's co-workers, close friends and others perhaps knew, but to their credit such information was not for public consumption. At this point wealthy white gay males or couples having children via surrogacy is becoming so common it borders on social cliche.

by Anonymousreply 214May 2, 2020 4:27 AM

He should have got a transgender black one. They are so fashionable.

by Anonymousreply 215May 2, 2020 4:53 AM

R214, you misread R208's post. He wasn't referring to the media not knowing about it, he was chiding DATALOUNGE for not knowing, and I agree. Ever detail of Anderson's life has been delved into and somehow this got by.

by Anonymousreply 216May 2, 2020 5:19 AM

Another child that is doomed to have an awful life.

I can't imagine the unspeakable things Anderson Cooper will do to that child, before his Guatemalan nanny can help it out.

by Anonymousreply 217May 2, 2020 5:38 AM

Do they still have wet nurses in this day and age. AC seems like the type that would go that route.

by Anonymousreply 218May 2, 2020 5:40 AM

Hell of a typo R162!

by Anonymousreply 219May 2, 2020 5:46 AM

[quote]Interesting that all these famous gay dads only want male children. What’s that about?

Men dream of having a son. Why would they want to have a daughter ???

by Anonymousreply 220May 2, 2020 6:09 AM

Anderson will be a fabulous father. Intelligent, cultured, well informed, sensitive, good natured, and well intended. Financially stable. His son will have the best of everything, and like Gloria, Anderson will instill in him a sense of social responsibility, kindness and respect. And an appreciation of art and of life. Lucky kid.

by Anonymousreply 221May 2, 2020 6:45 AM

R221 That’s all good and hopefully true, but my heart breaks for that little boy the first time a friend asks him if his grandfather has come to pick him up at some event.

by Anonymousreply 222May 2, 2020 6:49 AM

^ There is a wide variety of families...

by Anonymousreply 223May 2, 2020 6:57 AM

This thread is reeking of womyn.

by Anonymousreply 224May 2, 2020 7:19 AM

There are too many people on Earth.

Straights need to stop reproducing and adopt.

by Anonymousreply 225May 2, 2020 7:20 AM

Birth control should be FREE.

by Anonymousreply 226May 2, 2020 7:22 AM

Pregnancy really is just sitting on your ass for nine months. Then a trip to hospital which most birthers forget after.

by Anonymousreply 227May 2, 2020 7:22 AM

Surrogacy should be free for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 228May 2, 2020 7:22 AM

R222 My father was often mistaken by my school mates and teachers for my grandfather. Nothing there to break anyone's heart, chill out wishful drama. This is a very lucky child.

I only guess that he, as a smart and experienced man, conducted this under CA law. It takes much longer (legal papers, psychological evaluation of all parties involved, meetings etc.) and probably costs more than alternatives but is safer for all. TD & DLB talked about it a couple of years ago when their son was born, e.g. by CA law: the surrogate must already have her own children and she must not be in money troubles. Also, all possible outcomes are covered ahead in written so no ugly surpruses for anyone in the process (egg-donor, surrogate, parent(s)).

by Anonymousreply 229May 2, 2020 7:41 AM

Adoption isn't always the better option. Just ask Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 230May 2, 2020 9:54 AM

The children up for adoption are worse than ever now.

Increased acceptance of unwed motherhood, availability of abortion and birth control, huge decline of teen pregnancy, increased ease of getting child support, etc., mean it's only the MAJOR fuck-ups who actually produce children they can't raise.

by Anonymousreply 231May 2, 2020 10:00 AM

R231 it’s not too late if you go black....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 2, 2020 10:07 AM

Adoption is expensive too and difficult for gay men in many places.

Anyone who really wanted gay men to adopt should work on making that easier.

But they don't. Because they're homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 233May 2, 2020 10:09 AM

Lots of men want to have a daughter because the bond is often stronger between father and daughter if dad is an involved parent. My father wanted a daughter and he and my sister have always had a lovely bond and it made him a better person in a way that having a son first world not have imo. From my own personal experience I have noticed that having daughters makes straight men more empathetic and tuned into the world at large. Even some staunchly right wing assholes I knew became more open minded when they had a daughter because they had to see the world from a different perspective.

by Anonymousreply 234May 2, 2020 11:50 AM

R233 Lots of people are. Those who don’t want gays to adopt don’t want us to use surrogacy or get married either. Fortunately aside from the religious loons they don’t actually try to go out and put their thoughts into practice so there are people out there working everyday to improve access to adoption for gays and lesbians and making small steady progress. However, as it stands very few of us are able to afford the process of either adoption or surrogacy and those who have a few hundred thousand laying around are now using surrogates rather than adopting so that has hampered progress.

by Anonymousreply 235May 2, 2020 11:55 AM

Well that’s life. Those who really wants sons probably really need a daughter. I would assume a narcissist who wants a male child to be an extension of himself and his ego would become a better person if he was forced to move beyond that and raise a girl. We often have stories reach the media of men who had a total transformation when they accepted their gay son, some who are spiritual see that as God/Universe sending this person what they needed. Being able to design your own baby is probably not the best for personal development but time will tell I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 236May 2, 2020 12:05 PM

[quote]We often have stories reach the media of men who had a total transformation when they accepted their gay son

We also often have stories of parents -- both male and female -- who never really accept their gay sons and end up having an horrific impact on those sons.

by Anonymousreply 237May 2, 2020 12:09 PM

Yes because we have people who still think men should only want sons. The suggestion is men want an heir/mini me who will follow them in sports, career, hobbies and be extensions of themselves. The men who can move beyond that are the ones who can accept a gay son. A bunch of gay men here supporting the idea that men should only want sons and should engineer their baby to be male are feeding this problem.

by Anonymousreply 238May 2, 2020 12:21 PM

Nope, R238, it's rad fems like you who complain when gay men have daughters.

You're just homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 239May 2, 2020 12:24 PM

R237

That was one of the things have to give props to Will and Grace for getting somewhat correct.

You think Will Truman is an emotional nut job, then seeing the mother and father things all fall into place.

There was poor Will Truman big successful out and proud NYC attorney finding out his father was ashamed of his gay son. That had to hurt, as it should. But then the dad dying that way not giving Will and himself a chance to work things out rubbed salt into the wounds.

by Anonymousreply 240May 2, 2020 1:22 PM

"Lots of men want to have a daughter because the bond is often stronger between father and daughter if dad is an involved parent."

I think some gay men want daughters because they know bigots will accuse them of wanting to molest their sons

by Anonymousreply 241May 2, 2020 3:59 PM

Like rad fem Julie Bindel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 2, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote] Their headline: "Anderson Cooper seen after welcoming baby Wyatt... as it emerges he quietly reunited with ex Benjamin Maisani before son's birth"

Preposterous. Ben was on the fence about Cooper. Why would he stick around just to raise a kid that is not his?

by Anonymousreply 243May 2, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote]Why would he stick around just to raise a kid that is not his?

No wonder people use surrogates when they're treated to these kind of slurs.

by Anonymousreply 244May 2, 2020 4:23 PM

[quote] Why would he stick around just to raise a kid that is not his?

$$$

by Anonymousreply 245May 2, 2020 4:25 PM

So the only reason a gay men would want to raise a child he has no bio link to is money?

Reminds me to spit on the next rad fem I see.

by Anonymousreply 246May 2, 2020 4:35 PM

It's not about raising the kid, it's about staying with Anderson... in luxury.

by Anonymousreply 247May 2, 2020 4:40 PM

[quote] No wonder people use surrogates when they're treated to these kind of slurs.

Not a slur. Cooper didn't want a kid that was 'not his' so he used a surrogate to have a kid with his genetic material. Where does that leave Ben? With a kid that is 'not his.' He could love it and chose to raise it but if adopting another man's kid wasn't good enough for Cooper why should it be for Ben? And we know that Ben and Cooper are not rock solid.

So, yes, for Ben it's all about the paper ($$$$).

by Anonymousreply 248May 2, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote] No wonder people use surrogates when they're treated to these kind of slurs.

Not a slur. Cooper didn't want a kid that was 'not his' so he used a surrogate to have a kid with his genetic material. Where does that leave Ben? With a kid that is 'not his.' He could love it and chose to raise it but if adopting another man's kid wasn't good enough for Cooper why should it be for Ben? And we know that Ben and Cooper are not rock solid.

So, yes, for Ben it's all about the paper ($$$$).

by Anonymousreply 249May 2, 2020 4:47 PM

Let’s stay this: it’s perfectly okay for a gay man to want a genetic link to their children just like straights get to have.

by Anonymousreply 250May 2, 2020 4:51 PM

I’ve been out and about to the hospitals, barefaced, clapping for cameras and healthcare workers. What has the parvenu done lately?

I will not be ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 2, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote] “Just adopt” sounds like the best answer and in a lot of ways, it is, but it is usually much more difficult than parenting a biological child of one’s own.

First of all, Anderson Cooper already has a high chance of having a kid with mental illness because his brother committed suicide. So, that whole adopted kids are damaged goods could be true of his own kid. Secondly, it's never 100% your kid. It is half the anonymous donor's, with probably some of their family's traits and appearance. Of course, this is not an issue with straight couples because they are both biologically related to the kid.

by Anonymousreply 252May 2, 2020 5:39 PM

He’s a Vanderbilt. His genes are fine. The brother killed himself because the mother was a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 253May 2, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote] Anderson will be a fabulous father. Intelligent, cultured, well informed, sensitive, good natured, and well intended. Financially stable. His son will have the best of everything, and like Gloria, Anderson will instill in him a sense of social responsibility, kindness and respect. And an appreciation of art and of life. Lucky kid.

His brother got all those things and look what happened.

by Anonymousreply 254May 2, 2020 5:43 PM

Yes, because his mother was a bitch.

It wasn’t genes.

by Anonymousreply 255May 2, 2020 5:46 PM

Big frickin deal.

by Anonymousreply 256May 2, 2020 5:46 PM

So many people take healthy gay children and give them mental illnesses.

And those people are all straight.

by Anonymousreply 257May 2, 2020 5:51 PM

Jesus, r255, not everything that goes wrong in a gay man's life is his mother's fault. Mental illness and depression is genetic. My cousin had a mother who was a saint and has still suffered from severe depression his whole adult life.

by Anonymousreply 258May 2, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote] He’s a Vanderbilt. His genes are fine. The brother killed himself because the mother was a bitch.

Misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 259May 2, 2020 6:08 PM

Wah!

Pointing out how homophobic parents hate their gay children is mug-soggy-nee!

Have someone play darts on your cunt.

by Anonymousreply 260May 2, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote] Jesus, [R255], not everything that goes wrong in a gay man's life is his mother's fault

Homophobic rad fems say all gay men have “mommy issues” whatever that is.

There are no people more homophobic than rad fems.

by Anonymousreply 261May 2, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote] Adoption isn’t for everyone.

Two out of four ain't bad.

by Anonymousreply 262May 2, 2020 6:29 PM

Anderson's decision to have a son by surrogate isn't just about being gay, it's about his family and background. No self-respecting WASP is going to adopt when he can have a biological heir.

by Anonymousreply 263May 2, 2020 6:56 PM

Everyone is assuming that Anderson's sperm was used.

by Anonymousreply 264May 2, 2020 6:58 PM

The baby looks just like him. That's his kid.

For all we know, though, he could have frozen sperm 20 years ago. He might not have used his current, aged genetic material to make the boy.

by Anonymousreply 265May 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Eventually science will be able to grow fertilized eggs for 9 months in a lab. You can choose an egg from a female donor and sperm from a male donor.

by Anonymousreply 266May 2, 2020 7:03 PM

OK, so Anderson Cooper is a father, but is he a daddy?

by Anonymousreply 267May 2, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote]The baby looks just like him. That's his kid.

Looks just like him? All newborns look like either Charles Laughton or Winston Churchill.

by Anonymousreply 268May 2, 2020 7:31 PM

There's nothing better than gay men trying to speak on a gay website only to hear from some fish that they're 'muhsoggy'.

Choke on a dick, fish.

by Anonymousreply 269May 2, 2020 7:38 PM

Women who won't let us exploit their bodies are homophobic!

by Anonymousreply 270May 2, 2020 7:43 PM

F&F R270 back to Mumsnet.

by Anonymousreply 271May 2, 2020 7:46 PM

Yes, women who don't like surrogacy are homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 272May 2, 2020 7:47 PM

That's not funny!

My body is being exploited! I was paid only 200k to sit on my ass for nine months and then decided to keep the baby and the money!

You f*ggots have so exploited womxxn like me! Has anyone faced a greater struggle than me? Me! Me! ME!

by Anonymousreply 273May 2, 2020 7:49 PM

R268, look at the second picture on the Instagram post at R3. Those are Anderson's distinctive almond-shaped eyes on that kid. You can compare to the baby picture of Anderson below. Looks like the kid also got his nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 2, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote] No self-respecting WASP is going to adopt

Do tell, you plebian cunt.

by Anonymousreply 275May 2, 2020 9:30 PM

Richmond adopted two biracial girls AFTER he'd had 3 biological children by his first wife, including the male heir who became the 11th Duke of RIchmond.

by Anonymousreply 276May 2, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote] No self-respecting WASP is going to adopt

[quote] Do tell, you plebian cunt. [quote] —Charles Lennox-Gordon, 10th Duke of Richmond

You tell him, Duke.

by Anonymousreply 277May 2, 2020 9:36 PM

Well, when your wife was born with bigger balls than you've got, you've no choice but to adopt.

by Anonymousreply 278May 2, 2020 9:37 PM

[quote] Richmond adopted two biracial girls AFTER he'd had 3 biological children by his first wife, including the male heir who became the 11th Duke of RIchmond.

You will refer to my father as "His Grace, the 10th Duke".

by Anonymousreply 279May 2, 2020 9:44 PM

[quote] Anderson's decision to have a son by surrogate isn't just about being gay, it's about his family and background. No self-respecting WASP is going to adopt when he can have a biological heir.

Any "self-respecting WASP" seeking to fulfill their legacy would marry an opposite sex spouse and procreate. WASPs invented the sham marriage for the purpose of preserving bloodlines.

by Anonymousreply 280May 2, 2020 9:56 PM

The cost for surrogacy isn't nearly enough to justify the risk. It involves way more than sitting on your ass. It entails a lot of risk of long term health problems.

by Anonymousreply 281May 2, 2020 9:58 PM

That's the point: Anderson wasn't born in a time when he had to have the sham marriage and an heir. But he went to a great deal of trouble and expense to continue his bloodline, when not procreating or even adopting would have been easier. Strange how those buried values come out as we age.

by Anonymousreply 282May 2, 2020 10:01 PM

No, pregnancy is not a hide risk activity.

Though I understand ciswomen need to be victims somehow.

Anderson should just not pay that carrier. Then it’ll see how exploited it can be.

by Anonymousreply 283May 2, 2020 10:04 PM

Gloria was a noted egomaniac. Like almost all ciswomen.

by Anonymousreply 284May 2, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote] Gloria was a noted egomaniac.

Guess it is generational

by Anonymousreply 285May 2, 2020 10:06 PM

[quote] Gloria was a noted egomaniac.

Guess it is generational

by Anonymousreply 286May 2, 2020 10:06 PM

If it was it Gloria’s mothering.

Or have you gone back to genes mattering, fish?

by Anonymousreply 287May 2, 2020 10:07 PM

I wonder if Anderson's relationship with his mother was as close and harmonious as he's always implied. Having the child your mother desperately wanted you to have only after her death seems like a passive-aggressive move. Maybe he felt guilty or he's feeling lonely, but there could also be a fuck-you-mom in there, too. People's motives for this kind of thing are rarely simple.

by Anonymousreply 288May 2, 2020 10:08 PM

Many mothers resent their gay sons because they can’t create children. So many mothers screw up their gay sons through homophobia and then refuse to be accountable. Or worse: pretend to be the real victims when gay men point this out.

Ciswomen are insane narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 289May 2, 2020 10:12 PM

R288 I always felt repulsed by how he tried to present his mother as a saint while she was in fact just a privileged socialite whore. Some posters here wrote she made his brother kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 290May 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Question the sanity of any ciswoman who funds a movie about herself called, ‘Little Gloria... Happy At Last’.

by Anonymousreply 291May 2, 2020 10:23 PM

Damn, he looks 60+, going on 70 by now. Crazy to think he has just gotten himself a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 2, 2020 10:28 PM

Btw, why did he even announce it on cnn? What kind if relevance does his private live have on his work in journalism?

by Anonymousreply 293May 2, 2020 10:29 PM

Andrew still looks hot.

No woman his age does.

by Anonymousreply 294May 2, 2020 10:35 PM

W294 Who’s Andrew? Did she Andrew Shue of Melrose Place on a quarantine show and he looked great!

by Anonymousreply 295May 2, 2020 11:11 PM

[quote] No, pregnancy is not a hide risk activity.

[quote] Though I understand ciswomen need to be victims somehow.

It's not about being a victim. Gestational diabetes, hypertension, pre-eclampsia and premature birth are just some of the possible risks. Not to mention the risks the egg donor takes on for a very small amount of money.

by Anonymousreply 296May 2, 2020 11:15 PM

Anderson. Must’ve been Autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 297May 2, 2020 11:15 PM

Liar at R296. It’s not a small amount of money.

by Anonymousreply 298May 2, 2020 11:16 PM

Rad fems decided to make it all being a victim.

In reality, making money sitting around for nine months is far safer and easier than actual physical jobs.

Parents scan for health risks, which can be near totally avoided by not choosing fatties.

by Anonymousreply 299May 2, 2020 11:18 PM

A couple of thousand dollars is nothing in exchange for a lifetime of health problems.

by Anonymousreply 300May 2, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote] sitting around for nine months

Really only the last 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 301May 2, 2020 11:24 PM

I’m scratching my head and wondering who or what is a “radfem” and why is someone bring it up over and over again? What am I missing.

by Anonymousreply 302May 2, 2020 11:29 PM

I blocked one poster (the radfem one) and this thread suddenly returned to normalcy. I'd suggest others equally puzzled by the sudden dark turn in the conversation to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 303May 2, 2020 11:33 PM

I am sure Cooper paid a lot more for a "top quality" egg - from a young, athletic, tall good looking woman with high SAT scores, either in college or college grad; also without a family history of addiction/mental illness.

I remember seeing adverts for egg donors in the UCLA newspaper when I was a grad student. They all wanted the above.

by Anonymousreply 304May 2, 2020 11:47 PM

How does a pregnancy result in a lifetime of health problems?

It doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 305May 2, 2020 11:48 PM

The dark turn in conversation was brought about by homophobic fish, who now make up the majority of this board.

by Anonymousreply 306May 2, 2020 11:48 PM

Premature birth is a burden by the parents, not the carrier.

by Anonymousreply 307May 2, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote] How does a pregnancy result in a lifetime of health problems?

It does sometimes. There are women who have underlying health problems that are triggered by pregnancy. But I was talking about egg donation, which often does lead to longterm health problems. This is well documented.

by Anonymousreply 308May 3, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]Damn, he looks 60+, going on 70 by now.

Welcome to DL, Helen Keller.

by Anonymousreply 309May 3, 2020 12:15 AM

R308, can you provide examples of some of these "health problems" that you believe result from pregnancy? Because thousands of women give birth everyday with no problem.

by Anonymousreply 310May 3, 2020 12:52 AM

R310 Gestational diabetes that persists after pregnancy; hypertension; cardiovascular consequences associated with preeclampsia.

As a resident, I have seen a patient die of ectopic pregnancy complications (bleeding out) and another of amniotic fluid embolism during delivery.

Pregnancy can be quite dangerous. Now do you understand?

-Doc

by Anonymousreply 311May 3, 2020 1:07 AM

R310 these for example...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312May 3, 2020 1:07 AM

R308 most women only go through one or two times if at all during their lifetime. But surrogates do it again and again for money in addition to their own family plans.

by Anonymousreply 313May 3, 2020 1:10 AM

In fact, R310, there is a subspecialty of OB-GYN called maternal-fetal medicine; it is a board certified specialty and involves specialty training to manage high risk pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 314May 3, 2020 1:11 AM

Was Demi Lovato the surrogate like on W&G?

by Anonymousreply 315May 3, 2020 2:51 AM

R311 — most of the things you’ve listed are rare if the carrier is not fat.

by Anonymousreply 316May 3, 2020 8:30 AM

I think actual exploitation is really in something like how women come onto a gay men’s board to talk about Markle or Timothay or what we then, when most of the most prominent gay men, commits an act heteronormativity (in the sad society women have created) he is immediately attacked.

Like how women want gay best friends then discard them. Women never seem to understand we have our own lives to live and do not exist as their appendages. They think it’s okay to be homophobic if they say something about ‘women’s bodies’.

How about gay men decide how to arrange women’s children: mix them up at hospital because biology doesn’t matter, accuse them of selfishness and vanity to adding to an overpopulated world, and exploiting the emotional labour of gay men then dumping us when they have their children.

by Anonymousreply 317May 3, 2020 8:37 AM

Is it more likely if you're fat? Yes. That doesn't mean it's rare in normal weight women. It happens all the time in normal weight women. I know of several who have experienced complications during pregnancy. And those complications mentioned are only a few, there are many more.

by Anonymousreply 318May 3, 2020 8:40 AM

[quote] [R310] Gestational diabetes that persists after pregnancy; hypertension; cardiovascular consequences associated with preeclampsia

These are diseases of fatness as much as of pregnancy.

The actual reality is that pregnancy is far SAFER than working. There are more accidents in the workplace than brought about pregnancy every year.

Pregnancy is easy.

by Anonymousreply 319May 3, 2020 8:45 AM

[quote]Btw, why did he even announce it on cnn? What kind if relevance does his private live have on his work in journalism?

Many of the journalists on CNN take a moment every now and then and talk about their personal lives. Don Lemon tearing up on air while talking about his sister's death comes to mind. Chris Cuomo talking about his virus diagnosis is another.

They rarely "break" but they do it to remind you they're people too. Also Anderson's son's birth is news because of who he is even outside of his job as a reporter. If he didn't report it, someone else would have and at least there he could have full control over what he wanted to say.

by Anonymousreply 320May 3, 2020 9:14 AM

R74 R96

Foreskin is not a rarity among ultrawealthy WASPS. They, and particularly Anderson, has been out and about in the world in other areas wehre foreskin is common. He's dating a French speaker.

by Anonymousreply 321May 3, 2020 2:08 PM

R321 Anderson certainly has been out reporting worldwide--has he lived abroad in any areas for some time--like Asia or Europe--or was he always based in NYC and just traveled a lot?

Wyatt , Morgan, Anderson--all great names-- I may consider choosing these names for a cat.

by Anonymousreply 322May 3, 2020 2:30 PM

As I get older I think I should get one so someone can take care of me in old age. It’s a hassle though either adopting or using a surrogate and egg donor.

by Anonymousreply 323May 3, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote] As I get older I think I should get one so someone can take care of me in old age.

That's not always a foolproof plan. You might end up like so many others with children living far away from you because of employment opportunities, and "taking care of you" by face-timing with you once a month at your room in the assisted living facility.

by Anonymousreply 324May 3, 2020 3:47 PM

Yes, that happens more often than you'd think. The only way to really make that work is to have many children, and usually there will be one dutiful one who will do most of the caretaking with the others occasionally pitching in. That's how it went in my mother's family: 7 siblings, and my mother did most of the work of taking care of her mother. But who in this day and age can afford 7 children?

by Anonymousreply 325May 3, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote] As I get older I think I should get one so someone can take care of me in old age.

Please don't. This is what my parents did and I just ended up resenting them. Just invest in long term care insurance. More of a guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 326May 3, 2020 3:58 PM

It's not even totally about prolonging life outside a care facility. It's that as one gets older they realize they're going to die and have difficulty coming to terms with that.

A child can make it seem like their life suddenly has meaning.

It's complicated.

Especially for gay men, and someone like Anderson who was just coming of age when AIDS was suddenly killing gay men left, right, and center. Maybe he always wanted children and suppressed the feeling because he thought it would means a wife and lying to himself.

AIDS and the horrific homophobia that was center-stage in the fight for marriage equality scarred a lot of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 327May 3, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]He's worth about 100 million, but he made that on his own.

On what planet did Anderson Cooper make $100 million on his own?

by Anonymousreply 328May 3, 2020 4:16 PM

Did Andy help with the collection or is everyone picturing Anderson Cooper spanking the monkey?

by Anonymousreply 329May 3, 2020 4:18 PM

Andersen thinks a baby will keep Ben around.

by Anonymousreply 330May 3, 2020 4:20 PM

R330 = Miss Cleo

by Anonymousreply 331May 3, 2020 5:03 PM

R325 Wow exact same scenario in my family. Mother is one of 7 and one child was the dutiful one who sort of gave up her career and freedom to take care of an alcoholic brother and later ailing parents. Father is one of 3 but raised in the countryside so all had to move away for work and my dad lost 50 pounds and almost had a breakdown trying to care for his elderly parents and work and raise a family while his 2 brothers left it all to him.

It was a good lesson for me because it I never thought having kids to take care of me was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 332May 3, 2020 5:25 PM

R330 may be right. Insiders have said the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 333May 3, 2020 5:29 PM

Nannies these days work 8 hours a day (unless you're an illegal presence in the country). So, assuming Anderson obeys the laws when employing domestics, he'll have to hire three nannies to cover all shifts and an additional nanny to cover the regular days off of the other nannies.

Must be nice to be that rich.

by Anonymousreply 334May 3, 2020 5:38 PM

R334 But again, what about the wet nurses? He can’t be allowing this child to only have formula?

by Anonymousreply 335May 3, 2020 5:40 PM

His mother was a shameless whore. That's why he's so rich.

by Anonymousreply 336May 3, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote] But again, what about the wet nurses? He can’t be allowing this child to only have formula?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 3, 2020 6:20 PM

I always thought that Anderson would adopt a child from Haiti before going the surrogate route.

by Anonymousreply 338May 3, 2020 6:43 PM

I like Anderson. I never thought he'd have any children and I was a little sad for him, he has no other immediate family (that I know of).

I think he'll be a wonderful father and I think he's waded through his last Katrina-like flood zone filled with dead bodies. It wouldn't surprise me if he adopts a sibling for Wyatt in the future.

by Anonymousreply 339May 4, 2020 4:54 AM

You know he could have been a very good daddy to some needy twink and fulfilled his life that way. Imagine if he would have hooked up with Froy before Richard ruined him and drove him to desperate measures.

by Anonymousreply 340May 4, 2020 5:00 AM

[quote]It wouldn't surprise me if he adopts a sibling for Wyatt in the future.

I'm ready and oh so willing.

by Anonymousreply 341May 4, 2020 5:07 AM

So if he "quietly reunited" with Ben before baby Wyatt arrived, what's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 342May 4, 2020 5:09 AM

For Anderson and Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 4, 2020 5:20 AM

Andersen and Ben just cannot "be together" raising that child. Without the protection of legal marriage (which brings assumed parentage rights), Ben could find himself in yet another Vanderbilt child custody battle should Andersen die.

Yes, all sorts of documents can be drawn up, but much of that was only necessary before SSM was legal. Now only things that would need settling mainly revolves around money/assets that would pass to the child.

Of course if these two remain unmarried the child is Andersen's sole legal heir. If they marry without some sort of iron clad pre-nup (or even with) Ben would be entitled to something from Andersen's estate.

If Ben is such an important part of Andersen's life that he wants the man included in raising the child, then they should make it official.

by Anonymousreply 344May 4, 2020 5:28 AM

Anderson is no dummy and certainly well connected. I'll bet he has everything under wraps and has done his homework.

by Anonymousreply 345May 4, 2020 5:36 AM

Ben would only be a step-dad if her married Anderson, R344. He would have to adopt the baby to have any parental rights.

by Anonymousreply 346May 4, 2020 3:34 PM

I have to see Anderson and Ben together before I believe that they're back together again.

by Anonymousreply 347May 4, 2020 5:09 PM

Anderson on Colbert tonight said that he was getting his former partner involved in raising the child even though they are together anymore. He didn't mention the name.

by Anonymousreply 348May 5, 2020 4:31 AM

"even though the AREN'T together anymore"

by Anonymousreply 349May 5, 2020 4:32 AM

It takes a village!

by Anonymousreply 350May 5, 2020 9:07 AM

How do all these old, narcissistic gay men insure that they will only have boy babies? Do they only allow the boy embryos to be implanted? Or are the "oops" girl babies left in the wilderness to be eaten by wolves?

by Anonymousreply 351May 5, 2020 9:20 AM

F&F R351.

by Anonymousreply 352May 5, 2020 10:42 AM

R351's question is valid and could be instructive for all the old, narcissistic gay men here at DL who are rich enough to follow the lead of the ACs.

by Anonymousreply 353May 5, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote]Or are the "oops" girl babies left in the wilderness to be eaten by wolves?

They're given to lesbians to sexually abuse, of course.

by Anonymousreply 354May 5, 2020 2:06 PM

R31 and R68 if you actually care about Gloria's feelings, Anderson told Kelly that he was able to tell Gloria that he was in the process of having a baby before she passed. Her illness came on very quickly.

And for all the bitter people here calling him selfish, he has no family and he is allowed to build one for himself.

I thought the announcement was lovely. So much poison here.

by Anonymousreply 355May 6, 2020 3:34 AM

R351

Again plenty of gay men have had daughters, there isn't any sort of gender selection anyone is aware of; just same luck of the draw as anyone else.

Besides highly doubt many if any surrogates would go along with aborting a fetus just because it was a girl not boy. Maybe in certain other parts of world that would fly, but not in USA.

You pays your money and takes your chances with surrogacy. If it turns out the child or children a born with deformities, illness (mental or physical), tant pis; a contract is a contract. Surrogates are hired for one function, long as they complete their end of bargain the end results belong to signed that contract. She gets paid regardless and the child or children are responsibility of their parent or parents.

by Anonymousreply 356May 6, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote] Again plenty of gay men have had daughters, there isn't any sort of gender selection anyone is aware of; just same luck of the draw as anyone else.

Read this article and rethink your position. In terms of having a daughter by chance, one would expect it to be higher than is the case with rich and famous gay men. The rich and famous gay men seem to overwhelmingly have sons. And as for surrogates, they are able to select for sex for the embryo. The decision is made before it's implanted in the surrogate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 6, 2020 4:20 AM

To add to R348, he said he and his ex were going to co-parent Wyatt "because he's family". It was pretty clear he meant Ben. He referred to him constantly as "my ex". Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 358May 6, 2020 4:26 AM

Anderson talks to Kelly and Ryan about having a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 6, 2020 4:34 AM

So cute. A child is so much better being raised by two men than any other family configuration.

by Anonymousreply 360May 6, 2020 5:14 AM

David Muir next? Another in the Kelly Ripa Gay Boy Club.

by Anonymousreply 361May 6, 2020 2:09 PM

You are very very naive, R356. Anyone using surrogacy can chose the sex of their baby. Read R357's article.

by Anonymousreply 362May 6, 2020 3:28 PM

SOOOOO....Anderson is a Father . He's also , a smartass Mother if you've ever waited on him .

by Anonymousreply 363May 6, 2020 7:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!