Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Threatened To Sue His Own Campaign Manager Over His Falling Poll Numbers

He's finally gone completely over the edge. This is from CNN so I'll post the text but not the link as CNN links don't work here for some reason.

------------------

Trump erupts at campaign manager as reelection stress overflows

CNN)As he huddled with advisers on Friday evening, President Donald Trump was still fuming over his sliding poll numbers and the onslaught of criticism he was facing for suggesting a day earlier that ingesting disinfectant might prove effective against coronavirus.

Within moments, the President was shouting -- not at the aides in the room, but into the phone -- at his campaign manager Brad Parscale, three people familiar with the matter told CNN. Shifting the blame away from himself, Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale. It's not clear how serious the President's threat of a lawsuit was.

The White House did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment and the Trump campaign declined to comment.

Faced with an increasingly uphill battle for reelection and aides trying to steer him in new, sometimes conflicting directions, Trump has grown increasingly unnerved in the last week about his reelection prospects. Lashing out at Parscale was just the most recent manifestation of that anxiety.

"He's p*ssed because he knows he messed up in those briefings," one Republican close to the White House said of Trump lashing out.

Last Wednesday, two days before Trump lashed out at Parscale, his campaign manager and several other top political advisers briefed him on internal campaign and Republican National Committee data showing the President was heading for defeat in key battleground states. Parscale, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and other advisers urged him to scale back his daily, combative news conferences and pointed to data showing that the briefings were hurting him with critical swing voters in those states.

Trump has complained to aides that his restricted travel has hurt his numbers, not the briefings.

One person familiar with the call said the message didn't appear to sink in with the President, who instead changed the subject away from the issue of briefings. But the next day, Trump's outlandish comments about disinfectant only amplified those advisers' urgings. Even as he erupted at Parscale on Friday evening, during that day's briefing the President took no questions. And the next day he scrapped the briefing altogether.

While Trump has scaled back his news conferences this week and even opted for a less combative tone during a news conference on Monday, aides are unsure whether the new approach will stick. And Trump has still found venues to field questions from reporters and share his views on the day's news, including during lengthy pool sprays in the Oval Office. Despite the outburst, two sources said Trump and Parscale patched things up later that Friday night.

But Parscale, who has been working from his south Florida home for the past month, flew back to Washington on Wednesday to get some face time with his boss. Two sources familiar with the matter said Parscale spent several hours at the White House on Wednesday where he discussed reelection strategy with Trump and secured his approval for new campaign ads that will knock former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, for his stance on China

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 5:36 PM

Isn't Pascal a Jared bestie?

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2020 10:23 PM

"It depends on how you look at it. I think it's a great success story."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 29, 2020 10:30 PM

Trump will go absolutely berserk when he loses the election.

by Anonymousreply 3April 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Will that even be noticeable r3?

by Anonymousreply 4April 29, 2020 10:34 PM

I sure hope so, I have been looking forward to Trump losing since he got elected. He losing it should be entertaining, I want Federal Marshals to have to carry his fat ass out of the White House and be dumped on the street.

by Anonymousreply 5April 29, 2020 10:37 PM

Who would have thought suggesting that people drink bleach as a cure for Corona would go so badly?

by Anonymousreply 6April 29, 2020 10:41 PM

I've read that his approval ratings are still consistently in the mid-40s, where they've been pretty much since the election. 4 out of 10 Americans love him and will vote for him again. What's the crisis?

by Anonymousreply 7April 29, 2020 10:45 PM

His fear, justified, is that once he is no longer president he can't use his federal stooges to block access to records and prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2020 10:51 PM

They are all evil to the core including Brad Paschal; however, Paschal didn't recommend that Trump suggest ingesting a disinfectant to kill the virus while live on television. Stupid fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2020 10:53 PM

I hope like he’ll you’re right, r3.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2020 11:34 PM

I hope like he'll too!

I'm sorry, but it had to be done. LOL

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2020 12:07 AM

Trump still can’t believe that a making suggestion a three-year-old might dream up could hurt a sitting president’s re-election prospects. “It’s got to be someone else’s fault!”

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2020 12:13 AM

R7: Because those poll numbers are bullshit and Trump knows it!

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2020 12:18 AM

44% still support him and his handling of the epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2020 12:31 AM

Trump, Kushner, et al getting tossed out is not enough.

These assholes KNOW stuff.

Dangerous stuff.

And they won’t hesitate to sell it to the highest bidder/trade it for favors.

None of these people should be allowed to see the light of day ever again.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2020 12:34 AM

R15 Trump & the other bigwigs won't ever go to jail for that very reason.

Nixon, Reagan & Bush 2 didn't see the inside of a courtroom & Trump/Pence won't either.

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2020 4:09 AM

Why isn't Trump sued more?

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2020 4:15 AM

Is good. Voting machines program.

Now you have glass of best Russian vodka.

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2020 4:21 AM

Sue him for what?

by Anonymousreply 19April 30, 2020 4:26 AM

Did we ever find out what he was distracting from during the Lysol scandal? He obviously did that to divert attention away from something else.

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2020 4:38 AM

[quote]I've read that his approval ratings are still consistently in the mid-40s, where they've been pretty much since the election. 4 out of 10 Americans love him and will vote for him again. What's the crisis?

[quote]44% still support him and his handling of the epidemic.

But his poll numbers, both nationally and at the state-level, are brutal right now.

As Harry Enten said last night, Trump is in the worst position for a President since Hoover faced FDR in 1932.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2020 9:03 AM

Have at r19 boys. I'm tired.

by Anonymousreply 22April 30, 2020 11:44 AM

The only accurate polls are exit polls. If the exit polls do not accurately reflect the tally, election fraud has been committed. All other polls are bunk.

by Anonymousreply 23April 30, 2020 11:47 AM

I've said this before, Trump will not risk losing the upcoming election. Unless he is 100% sure the results will be in his favor (notice I didn't say that he would win, but instead that the RESULTS would show he won), then he'll resign at the last minute and probably flee the country to avoid prosecution. He won't care if it completely dooms Republicans in the election, since it is always only about him.

by Anonymousreply 24April 30, 2020 11:52 AM

I just hope the history books are able to document it all like the end of Downfall. Each fuckup, each wheel falling off the bus, each pivot into deeper shit, over and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 30, 2020 11:59 AM

From HuffPo:

Trump announced Wednesday that he will visit Arizona next week — his first trip outside Washington in a month — as he looks to declare that much of the nation is ready to begin reopening after the virus.

by Anonymousreply 26April 30, 2020 12:32 PM

[quote]Now you have glass of best Russian vodka.

Thanks Vlad. Can I get some beets and a raw onion with that order?

by Anonymousreply 27April 30, 2020 12:36 PM

Trump doesn't believe he's losing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 30, 2020 12:36 PM

[quote]Trump Threatened To Sue His Own Campaign Manager Over His Falling Poll Numbers

Come on! That is hilarious! I love how trump has way of making every loyalist regret their devotion at some point inevitably. What a mook.

by Anonymousreply 29April 30, 2020 1:11 PM

As of last night's barrage of insane tweets Trump is claiming the report of him yelling at the guy and threatening to sue him are all fake news lies. The sign of a pathological liar is someone who lies with such ease.

by Anonymousreply 30April 30, 2020 2:19 PM

My friend’s cousin is a Republican pollster and was fired by Trump because he didn’t deliver the numbers he wanted. This was a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 31April 30, 2020 2:24 PM

Who watched morning Joe this morning?

It as obvious as the sky is so blue today, that DJT is a pill popping drunk. And I should know, because while I never popped the pills, I certainly drank the spiked koolaid, and I know a drunk when I see one.

Benzos, too.

That’s why he always looks like a homeless bum in a suit with a tan. It’s also why he eats pure shit. Alcoholics crave junk food like CRAZY.

I wanna thank Joe’s & Mika’s producers for stringing those “moments” together. It was plain as day when I saw it, and no amount of denial from Trump will ever convince me otherwise.

He’s a drunk, just like his grandpa, his father, and his brother. He just lies about it, but a drunk and a pill junkie he is, nevertheless.

by Anonymousreply 32April 30, 2020 4:06 PM

I keep hope alive that one night he'll go too far and overdose on whatever crap he's ingesting that makes him go crazy, and they'll find him the next day stone cold dead.

by Anonymousreply 33April 30, 2020 4:26 PM

An overdose brought on by joy at hearing Pence just dropped dead

by Anonymousreply 34April 30, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote] These assholes KNOW stuff.

[quote]Dangerous stuff.

I’m sorry but it’s very difficult to take people seriously when they express themselves in this way.

“But he knows stuff. DANGEROUS stuff.” Yes, stuff-knowledge can indeed be deadly.

by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2020 5:48 PM

Brad Parscale is one creepy dude, who is more than happy to suck at the test of Trump org

by Anonymousreply 36April 30, 2020 5:56 PM

Tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 37April 30, 2020 5:57 PM

Did the campaign manager have a contract with Trump that guaranteed specific poll numbers?

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2020 7:43 PM

So what's preventing them from feeding Cheeto fudged numbers?

by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2020 8:17 PM

Losing all future business with other campaigns

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2020 9:01 PM

He’s already setting up to blame Parscale for his loss.

This was a leak job. Setting the stage.

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2020 7:04 PM

Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2020 7:23 PM

Scared!

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2020 2:31 AM

Close race in new GEORGIA poll:

Trump - 45.1%

Biden - 44.0%

Poll conducted by Cygnal (April 25 -27, 2020)

Rated as a high-quality pollster by Harry Enten & Nate Cohn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2020 2:42 AM

I wish someone could get Trump on tape ranting and raving, like we've heard he's known to.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2020 2:55 AM

It seems to be a lot of leaks coming out of the White House right now...

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2020 3:06 AM

R3 and R4 for the WIN! God that was good!

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2020 3:06 AM

Internal GOP poll points to troubling signs for Georgia Republicans

An internal poll conducted for the Georgia House GOP Caucus points to troubling signs for Republican leaders: President Donald Trump is deadlocked with Joe Biden and voters aren’t giving the White House, Gov. Brian Kemp or the Legislature high marks for the coronavirus response.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2020 3:20 AM

Ouch! Looks like he wants someone to blame so he’s leaking Parscale’s name as the one to take the fall.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2020 3:40 AM

Now we know why he really wants to sue.

The drama of it all!!

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 6:10 PM

A scandal is unfolding before us.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 6:16 PM

Running for POTUS ruined whatever respect he ever had. He'll always be some macabre joke now.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 6:18 PM

No way is Trump close to Biden in polls. They're pushing all these polls so when the hackers elect Trump it will look plausible.

"Well, he was trailing Biden by 8 points- but it looks like his base came out in droves!".

The real polls are probably more like Biden 84% > Trump 13 %

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 6:25 PM

Why can’t I see r52 or r53?

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 6:29 PM

Whoops, must have blocked by mistake.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 6:29 PM

I agree with r53.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 6:30 PM

Oh, you'll never convince the Emperor he Has No Clothes.

The messenger will be shot, however.

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 6:30 PM

Remember when Jimmy Kimmel said that only liberals eat their own?

EXHIBIT #AAABBBCCCDDDEAALMNOPPABF proving the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2020 6:32 PM

He’s been trashing this guy in the media a lot. Which usual precedes a firing.

I want him to keep this grifter so he loses miserably in Nov.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2020 6:33 PM

I can’t even begin to imagine all the fast food wrappers and junk food that people have to pick up in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2020 4:35 AM

Plus shitty sheets and pissy pants, r60.

by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2020 6:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2020 5:11 PM

What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!