Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Confess Your Gluttony Here. You Are Forgiven.

I bought a 4-pints pack of Culver's Frozen Custard - Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, Caramel Pecan.

I ate some out of each one. The remainders are still in my freezer, coiled up like cold, demonic serpents.

My freezer needs an Exorcism.

Absolvo

by Anonymousreply 556November 27, 2020 11:28 AM

Went to Aldi and bought my twice monthly groceries, but also bought 15 big chocolate bars with hazelnut.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2020 3:10 PM

I quit smoking a few months back. It's true what they say. You do gain significant weight after quitting. I can't seem to get control of my eating habits. I just want to eat everything - haha. I need an intervention. OH FUCK ME!!! I JUST SAW A COUPON FOR GODFATHER'S PIZZA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2020 3:19 PM

I have a passion for glazed donuts. They were 4 to a box, and I ate all 4 - just before I went to bed. I woke up at two in the morning, feeling as if my stomach was a lifeboat in the North Sea during the storm of the century. I endured as long as I could, and I realized I had to rid my stomach of what was ailing it. Rather than possibly wake my partner with the sound effects that would accompany the emptying of the stomach, I went out onto the back step and vomited overboard.

Never again.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2020 3:20 PM

Regret is momentary. Forgiveness is forever.

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2020 3:22 PM

I ordered three glazed donuts at a drive/thru, and when I got home I was shocked to discover that I had been given unglazed. I ate them poutily.

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2020 3:24 PM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2020 3:25 PM

I asked my husband to make me a chocolate turtle cheesecake just to get him out of my hair for a while, haha! He's a chef and doesn't do any simple cooking. Everything he makes takes bowls and cups and spoons and pots and kitchen implements that look like instruments of torture. His cheesecake is heaven in the mouth and takes a long time. He has to bake chocolate cookies to be able to make the crust and he has to make a caramel sauce and a dark chocolate sauce. It got him out of my hair for a while, he was happy to have the opportunity to fill my request, I was able to watch my movie and we now have a perfectly marvelous cheesecake in the frig, big win for everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2020 3:25 PM

Paging Darfur Orphan.

by Anonymousreply 8April 18, 2020 3:27 PM

I went to the store the day after Easter and bought 50 dollars worth of half priced Easter candy. I am up 13 pounds since lock down.

by Anonymousreply 9April 18, 2020 3:30 PM

I seem to have regressed to early childhood, when Mum would give us a nickel to spend on penny candy at the corner store.

I’ve been gorging on the likes of jujubes, wine gums, sour gummy worms, cherry blasters, etc. But I have to stop, if only to preserve my poor teeth.

by Anonymousreply 10April 18, 2020 3:30 PM

I don't know, r7, I'm picking up more of the sin of "Pride" than Gluttony.

Absolvo

by Anonymousreply 11April 18, 2020 3:30 PM

I've been eating about a pint of ice cream a day. Mint chip, double chocolate, cookie dough, plain vanilla. I don't even bother with a bowl, just eat it straight out of the container.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Cookies. Ugh. Even the crap versions - Chips Ahoy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 13April 18, 2020 3:50 PM

I'm having impure thoughts about Nabisco Pinwheels Cookies

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2020 3:54 PM

I've been buying pints of Ben and Jerry's and also those bags of bite sized Twix. Last night I ate a pint of some sort of brownie batter Ben and Jerry's AND a bad of twix. I feel like garbage today.

I keep telling myself that next week I'll start eating like a responsible adult, but who am I kidding.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2020 3:56 PM

Group Absolvo.

Go Forth and take a walk.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2020 3:59 PM

[quote]I went to the store the day after Easter and bought 50 dollars worth of half priced Easter candy. I am up 13 pounds since lock down.

I envy you. I used to do this for all the major "candy holidays" and take the stuff into work. But now I'm not going into stores, and none of the places that deliver or do grocery pickup were offering their Easter candy on clearance. However, I was able to order a bunch of (non-Easter, non-discounted) candy from See's before they shut down production. I ate an entire box of See's Bridge Mix over three days.

Even worse: I've been buying so much food (because I'm concerned about shortages and feel like I have to grab things when they're available) that I bought an extra refrigerator-freezer (one of the small ones like for a dorm or an office) for the overflow. And my regular fridge is a huge French door model. And I live alone.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2020 4:08 PM

Who the hell gorges on 4 glazed doughnuts only to then waddle around the corner and regurgitate said glazed doughnuts?!

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2020 4:21 PM

Now, r18, that's not very forgiving.

Here, we recognize our humanity, not our "ideals".

You're judgment is forgiven. Now, forgive yourself.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2020 4:25 PM

OP, by my lights you've acted with admirable restraint.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2020 4:31 PM

Haagen-Dazs was on sale last week for $2.59 a pint. I bought eight. There's still a limit on toilet paper, but not on ice-cream.

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2020 4:38 PM

Tastykake chocolate cupcakes. Haven’t eaten them in years and I’ve had an addictive craving for them now.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2020 4:44 PM

Does swallowing more than one load count as gluttony?

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2020 4:53 PM

No, r23, because you're assisting someone else to achieve a spiritual, holy event.

Moregasms are encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2020 5:08 PM

thank you for this thread. I have eaten everything in the world. There are no Cheezits left on the planet. Ice cream--any brand--too. There is nothing left for the rest of you. I feel bad because my body had become a very bloated alien life form. And yet I do not regret every single piece of crap I've stuffed into myself in the past month.

I feel both shame and liberation!

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote] I feel both shame and liberation!

r25, You grasp the essential paradox at the heart of spiritual and physical existence, my child. As the Jesuits teach, Freedom through Discipline.

You've acknowledge your shame. You feel your liberation. Now, free yourself from Shame.

Absolvo.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2020 5:33 PM

I love ice cream. I think I'm genetically predisposed to it. My parents always kept a half gallon of ice cream in the house and even when they were very old and had to watch what they ate they budgeted in a scoop or a bar of good ice cream. I currently refrain from eating it because I need to get my cholesterol level down, but if my doctor ever puts me on statins, all bets are off.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2020 5:35 PM

I made biscuits and a vegetarian version of pot pie filling, and I want to make it again today. I am not fat, but the potatoes and butter are calling to me, and I feel like it is time to get fat.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2020 5:36 PM

Can we all agree that enjoying fat, sugar and salt shouldn't be a cause to experience shame?

I know that that there exist real physical and medical reasons certain foods should be eaten with moderation.

Yet, I'm sick of the guilt we've been conditioned to feel if we indulge.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2020 5:45 PM

Those big bags of tortilla chips? I find they're exactly two servings.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2020 5:54 PM

Screw This.

I say none of you need "forgiveness".

Carry On

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2020 6:05 PM

r21, price hooked me, too.

A single pint of Culver's Frozen Custard is $3.99. Those ruthless bastards sold 4 for $11.99.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2020 6:14 PM

I've been having Archway cookies everyday since lock down, Dutch Cocoa, Frosty Lemon, Iced Molasses. I stocked up right before things went haywire and there are still two boxes of the the hard to find Dutch Cocoa in my freezer. I don't know what I'll do when I run out. It's disconcerting that I'm worried more about running out of Dutch Cocoa cookies than I am about my financial situation.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2020 6:34 PM

R23 only if they are swallowed at the same time. But the ability to take two loads at once is a good skill to have in these uncertain times.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2020 6:44 PM

R33 - It's disconcerting that I'm worried more about running out of Dutch Cocoa cookies than I am about my financial situation -

No, it just shows you too are human.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2020 6:49 PM

R35 And have your priorities in order

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2020 7:02 PM

I eat peanut butter by the spoonful.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2020 7:04 PM

I had an extra B12 tablet three days ago.

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2020 7:11 PM

Collective Absolvo.

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2020 7:12 PM

Just found the 5 boxes of Girl Scout cookies I bought because one of my favorite diner waitresses was selling them for her kid a coupla' months ago. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I'm more the crispy, crunchy, salty greasy snacks kinda' guy. Anybody want 'em?

I'm all out of Dipsy Doodles and UTZ Extra Dark pretzels. They are on top of my shopping list for next Wednesday.

Scored some pepperoni bread from Sarcone's last Saturday but wound up giving them to my brother and SIL. I think it's time to call up City Pizza and indulge. Their pepperoni is awful oily and it takes an entire paper towel to blot up the excess, the sausage one(the better of the two) is surprisingly not too greasy.

by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] Anybody want 'em?

lol, BronzeAgeGay

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2020 7:21 PM

A pint of frozen yogurt Cherry Garcia, straight out of the carton, so fast that my mouth ached for 30 minutes afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2020 7:21 PM

Amen R29, amen! Fatties all over unite and let's all bump bellies!

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2020 7:25 PM

R30 you are correct. Just be sure to drink plenty of water. That should fix it.

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2020 7:33 PM

As an aside, how are we all coping with Zoom calls? Because when I log on, I’m like “who invited Jabba the Hutt?” And then afterwards I think fuck it, and open a tube of Pringles.

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2020 7:34 PM

I haven’t done any Zooming, but I can tell you I’ve given up on Facetiming. There is some flaw in the software that makes it look as though I have a neck wattle.

Ahem ...

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2020 7:41 PM

FAT WHORES REJOICE!

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2020 7:46 PM

I ate three cheeseburgers, gourmet onion rings, korean chicken wings, and orange ginger salad. My fuckbuddy is a chef.

by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2020 7:48 PM

You had to be there, R18

by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote]I eat peanut butter by the spoonful.

I did that for two days, after which I got such a headache. I googled, and the #1 food listed as a migraine causer was peanut butter. Out it went.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote]Haagen-Dazs was on sale last week for $2.59 a pint. I bought eight.

Two days' worth. Three, max.

by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2020 7:59 PM

I don’t know how it’s possible to have ingested as many potato chips as I have. However, they just go so well with my recent Hulu, Prime video, Netflix, and Apple TV+ Solo binge parties (Aka my daily life/lifeline to sanity at the moment).

by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2020 8:05 PM

To all here-

Dimittetur illi

by Anonymousreply 53April 18, 2020 8:26 PM

R39, I think that should be:

Ego omnes vos absolvo.... In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti.

by Anonymousreply 54April 18, 2020 8:42 PM

I gobbled a dozen cocks. Does the forgiveness offer still stand?

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2020 8:42 PM

r54 Do you know the Pope's phone #?

Et Cum Spiri 220

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2020 8:44 PM

I'm gonna die with a tablespoon in my hand. My tombstone shall read: He was good while he lasted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2020 8:45 PM

I went through 2 pints of this last week! It’s like crack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2020 8:50 PM

My husband and I ordered cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory twice in one week. Not to mention we broke down and Door Dashed some Chicken McNuggets for the first time in years. I had no idea they have 40 packs now!!!

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2020 8:50 PM

YOU CAN GET MCDONALD'S DELIVERED???!?????!!????

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2020 8:51 PM

I've fallen into a cycle of eating comfort food, then going on massive exercise sprees to make up for it, then getting hungry and starting all over again.

Just polished off half a jar of almond butter and a few pieces of Dave's Killer (bread).

Oh, Dave. How I despise you.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2020 8:55 PM

R60 YES, gurl!! Door Dash is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2020 8:56 PM

R62

I'm rejoicing!

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2020 9:04 PM

I make absolutely killer spaghetti sauce from scratch, so last week I decided to make an extra large batch so I could eat some then and freeze the other half. I then proceeded to sit down and eat fucking ALL of it. I'm amazed I could do it. There was a lot of it. Surprisingly, there were no ill effects afterward. I add that because while I very obviously type fat, I'm really not.

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2020 9:05 PM

[quote]I eat peanut butter by the spoonful.

Try it with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream. It's fucking delicious.

by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2020 9:07 PM

Moooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2020 9:14 PM

This thread in a chocolate-covered nutshell:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2020 9:19 PM

Normally I don't ever have bread in the house, but when I went to the market and saw they had two bags of flour left on the shelf, I grabbed them. I don't have any yeast, but I've been making olive oil biscuits every day. Beautiful herbed biscuits with every meal, I can't stop. That, and a bottle of very nice wine every day since I splurged on Total Wine delivery. I've never had so much bread and wine in my life, and I show no signs of slowing down.

by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2020 9:21 PM

I just ate half a bag of chex mix.

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2020 9:35 PM

R55 only if while Cockgobblering you guzzled down their respective loads, Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2020 9:36 PM

Did you see Ben & Jerry have a new flavor for the quaranteen, Netflix & Chill. I'm getting five of them tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2020 9:36 PM

^ I bet it tastes like graham crackers, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream

yum

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2020 9:39 PM

R60 Oh Fuck!! Maybe there is a silver lining to this whole pandy thing after all. I know it’s after Lent, but is it okay if I get a filet o fish, too. Shit, I might as well get a McFlurry too while I’m at it.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2020 9:44 PM

Lays, Daisy sour cream. A lot. With beer.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2020 9:54 PM

R73 I had a shamrock shake and the shamrock McFlurry delivered on St Patrick’s Day. The extra calories were worth every bite.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2020 9:56 PM

^^ true American.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]You Are Forgiven.

Says who?

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2020 10:53 PM

Mark your calendar, bitches.

4th of July Disney Cake Shake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2020 10:57 PM

R51 In the store I said, "I'll have a pint a week - this'll last me until June."

Fat fuckin' chance of that.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2020 11:14 PM

Says all humans, animals, matter, antimatter, quarks and imagined deities, r77.

That's who.

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2020 11:15 PM

I just ate a Kit Kat "DUOS - Mint + Dark Chocolate.

I'll forgive myself, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2020 11:17 PM

Before quarantine I would workout 3 to 4 times a week and eat super healthy. Now I drink a min of 1 bottle of wine a night, and eat as many crap carbs as I want. I am eating Briar's ice cream now with chocolate sauce. I keep telling myself I don't look fat, but I know that is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2020 11:18 PM

R37 Try it with a spoonful of cold hot fudge sauce (any will do but Stonewall Farms is excellent) and it tastes like a gooey Reese's peanut butter cup.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2020 11:19 PM

We all scream for ice cream ... apparently, several times a day!

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2020 11:20 PM

Time to re-state it, everybody (thank you, r54):

Ego omnes vos absolvo.... In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti.

by Anonymousreply 85April 18, 2020 11:22 PM

I had a bag of new and improved bag of Cool Ranch Doritos to myself as a meal yesterday, and a very tiny miniature soft-serve sundae to myself but that's about all the sinful eating I can manage these days. I am frustrated, tired of eating delivery food on account of the 'rona and I am chronically underweight.

by Anonymousreply 86April 18, 2020 11:24 PM

You can always throw up anything you eat.

by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2020 11:24 PM

Op if you are the same op as the Bat thread I swear I will hunt you down and become your devoted groupie, I love you that much.

Back on topic: I have been baking cakes, cookies, muffins and bread as a stress reliever and then hoovering up same into my fat face. I haven’t done much takeout, too paranoid, but I’ve been cooking heavy meat and starchy meals.

by Anonymousreply 88April 18, 2020 11:37 PM

I'm eating lots and lots of pussy.

by Anonymousreply 89April 18, 2020 11:40 PM

Oh, no, r88. I'm not the OP of the Bat thread. I'm a fan of that thread , too and I'm humbled and flattered you'd compare this one to that one.

Right now, I'm looking at my Custards and singing, "Do I want you because you're wonderful? Or, are wonderful because I want you?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 18, 2020 11:47 PM

Last week I made a caramelized White Castle casserole (my variation on the caramelized ham and Swiss casserole) and ate all six butter-soaked White Castles with cheese myself. Afterwards I felt like a python that swallowed a large mammal. On the upside, I was so full I didn't eat again until the following afternoon.

Otherwise, I've been pigging out on Lay's salt and vinegar Poppables dipped in whipped cream cheese and the occasional tray of my homemade Chex party mix made with Crispix, plenty of real butter, goldfish crackers, cashews and peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 91April 18, 2020 11:52 PM

I just ate dinner, a bunch of cookies and may go attack a bag of chips.

Maybe the weed smoking is making everyone eat everything that isn’t glued down.

by Anonymousreply 92April 18, 2020 11:59 PM

EAT Fat-Whores, EAT! Eat until your heart's content!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 19, 2020 12:07 AM

Please link to the Bat thread.

by Anonymousreply 94April 19, 2020 12:43 AM

Here ,r94

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2020 12:49 AM

I bought a box of Little Debbie P-Nutty Bars.

by Anonymousreply 96April 19, 2020 1:07 AM

How many lbs of human weight have been gained over the last month?

If we're counting only Americans?

Let's see, an equation my be:

10 lbs x 200, 000, 000 Adult Americans =

by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2020 1:10 AM

I had it for dinner a few days ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 19, 2020 1:27 AM

I had it for a morning snack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2020 1:29 AM

Olive oil biscuits, R68? Any chance you’d share the recipe with us?

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2020 2:40 AM

I've made a batch of chocolate chip cookies every week for the past 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2020 2:46 AM

I had a really difficult work day on Friday.

I drank a bottle of wine, ate a bag of jellybeans, and passed out listening to Neil Diamond’d “Hot August Night.”

What do I win?

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2020 2:46 AM

I just ate a 1lb container of Aldis Buffalo chicken salad (its to die for) along with a family size bag of Tostito chips. It makes a lovely dip . Ive put on about 8 lbs in 3 weeks and I do not give ONE fuck .

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2020 2:50 AM

Basic recipe: Two cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup olive oil. I also added about a teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and about two tablespoons of minced fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, green onion). Mix dry ingredients, then add the milk and oil, barely mix, shape into golf-ball sized balls, and bake 425 degrees for about 12 minutes. They are kind of crude but very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2020 2:53 AM

aphiēmi

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2020 3:05 AM

I make Nachos weekly after starving myself during the week.

Lime Tostitos, Lily's Gourmet Smoked Barbecue Sauce(this is they KEY ingredient), A little Old El Paso Taco Sauce, Sharp cheddar, A little Mozzarella..... Its insanely good

Once a week. While I eat 1000 calories Mon-Fri.

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2020 3:08 AM

Everyone's been talking about food. I've been smoking around 3 joints a day. Even during the day now.

by Anonymousreply 107April 19, 2020 3:16 AM

R107. I WOULD LOVE SOME JOINTS!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 108April 19, 2020 3:17 AM

That must be bad shit if the weed smoking doesn't lead to food.

by Anonymousreply 109April 19, 2020 3:17 AM

Welch's Fruit Snacks

I ate a whole box yesterday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 19, 2020 3:27 AM

I can't do this anymore. I'm having green smoothies all this week.

by Anonymousreply 111April 19, 2020 3:30 AM

I'm having green smoothies all this week.

*the St. Patrick's shakes I stockpiled last month*

by Anonymousreply 112April 19, 2020 3:33 AM

You're on to me, you bitch^

by Anonymousreply 113April 19, 2020 3:33 AM

onto*

by Anonymousreply 114April 19, 2020 3:34 AM

i made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies and yeast rolls. I haven't been able to find and yeast since though.

by Anonymousreply 115April 19, 2020 3:40 AM

Amazon has yeast. I just looked

by Anonymousreply 116April 19, 2020 3:43 AM

I weight myself this morning. Gained 5 fucking pounds in a month. I should blame myself, but for some reason I blame my mother.

by Anonymousreply 117April 19, 2020 3:50 AM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 118April 19, 2020 3:51 AM

Honey Buns in the microwave for 15 sec while still in the wrapper...…WINNING!

by Anonymousreply 119April 19, 2020 6:39 AM

Good night, I will be dreaming of all you honey buns

by Anonymousreply 120April 19, 2020 7:15 AM

It is 4AM in Phoenix and I just had a big bowl of coffee flavored Blue Bell ice cream along with a marijuana laced peanut butter cookie. I am so happy I have plenty of sweat pants to wear.

by Anonymousreply 121April 19, 2020 11:04 AM

I just ordered ingredients for that 2 ingredient fudge on youtube

Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 122April 19, 2020 11:21 AM

My friends took me out for a "good" birthday pizza last night, which we ate outdoors, on picnic tables in a park at recommended social distance (we had to shout).

When I got home later, I started a bag of Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn, which I will continue to eat today. I hadn't eaten this particular snack food since around 1991, but somehow it's become my Corona Person Chow. I only get one bag a week, though.

by Anonymousreply 123April 19, 2020 11:40 AM

I had an acid reflux attack four weeks ago so I've been eating very little and avoiding all my favorite foods.

I will live vicariously through all of you.

Keep your stories of gluttony coming!

by Anonymousreply 124April 19, 2020 11:48 AM

Those serpents in my freezer waited for a vulnerable moment (really, which is every moment).

I approached my freezer to cast them out, not eat them. As my hand made contact with the cartons, I heard, "Why did you do this, Dimi?"

I lost.

1/2 a carton of chocolate remains in my freezer, to mock me.

And yet, To receive forgiveness, one must be a forgiver. We're all good.

by Anonymousreply 125April 19, 2020 1:22 PM

Yesterday someone on this thread mentioned Nabisco Pinwheel Cookies.

So of course I bought a package early this morning during my now bi-monthly grocery shopping. They are in the fridge as I type, I like them cold. Haven't had them in years.

If this is wrong I don't want to be right.

by Anonymousreply 126April 19, 2020 1:51 PM

Earrings.

Caftans

by Anonymousreply 127April 19, 2020 1:52 PM

Trader Joe's has their key lime pie in stock. OMG, it is to die for. I typically follow a whole food, plant based diet - it is neither.

by Anonymousreply 128April 19, 2020 1:58 PM

I've had a couple of pig-outs, but I'm more concerned that just eating the same as before is getting me fat because we're not moving as much.

I've had to consciously restrict how much I eat - and spread it out.

by Anonymousreply 129April 19, 2020 2:13 PM

As I type this, I'm saturating 3 days old, pre-moldy bread in French Toast batter.

A month ago I splurged on a bottle of real maple syrup. I have actual butter.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 130April 19, 2020 2:32 PM

Big booty twinks

by Anonymousreply 131April 19, 2020 2:33 PM

DANGER! DANGER! You can now get See's Candies again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 19, 2020 6:11 PM

R28 Please elaborate on that vegetarian pot pie. I'm very interested.

by Anonymousreply 133April 19, 2020 6:25 PM

R128, where do you live? I called my local TJ's (Pittsburgh), and they're not getting key lime pie until May (12 more days, but still).

by Anonymousreply 134April 19, 2020 6:38 PM

R134, the struggle is real! Have faith, fat whores of Pittsburgh! You will get your TJ's keylime pie eventually!

by Anonymousreply 135April 19, 2020 6:42 PM

r134, I am sheltering around Palm Springs, CA. I forgot about it until I saw your post. I had another piece.

by Anonymousreply 136April 20, 2020 2:06 AM

I ate an entire cheesecake in one sitting. Don't tell the girls or they'll send me to fat camp with that dreadful Delta Burke.

by Anonymousreply 137April 20, 2020 2:51 AM

R98, fuck Pepperidge Farm for discontinuing the vanilla layer cake

by Anonymousreply 138April 20, 2020 2:53 AM

I bought 8 cadbury creme eggs today, so.

by Anonymousreply 139April 20, 2020 3:58 AM

I ate an entire six-pack of Publix buttercream cupcakes. I feel awful and wonderful at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 140April 20, 2020 4:00 AM

When I get depressed, I get a Pepperidge Farm frozen three layer coconut cake and a half gallon of milk. I remove the cake from the box, transfer it to a plate, and eat the whole thing, washed down by the milk. I have done this several days in a row upon occasion. And I know what you're imagining, but I'm 6'1" and weigh 170 lbs and have 165 cholesterol.

by Anonymousreply 141April 20, 2020 5:10 AM

You know you can just throw it up and the sin goes away, right?

by Anonymousreply 142April 20, 2020 5:13 AM

I bought $7 worth of M&M's "Fudge Brownie M&Ms"... they are freakin' fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 143April 20, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]"Fudge Brownie M&Ms"

Wait...what? I've never heard of these. Are they regional?

by Anonymousreply 144April 20, 2020 3:26 PM

R96 You should put those Nutty bars in the freezer. It instantly turns them into frozen Kit Kats. Or try this recipe...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 20, 2020 3:36 PM

I have taken a liking to Sara Lee Butter Bread. It was the only thing on the shelf when I last grocery shopped so I threw it in the cart. It made for a fine meatloaf sandwich today.

by Anonymousreply 146April 20, 2020 8:36 PM

R144, they're apparently new. Huge display of them at my local Walgreens (I had to pick up some other things there, and couldn't stop myself when I saw these).

They ROCK.

by Anonymousreply 147April 20, 2020 11:38 PM

I ate 4 Twinkies and 3 candy bars today alone.

by Anonymousreply 148April 20, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]I ate 4 Twinkies and 3 candy bars today alone.

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 149April 21, 2020 3:36 AM

i've been craving home made mac and cheese so i bought the ingredients at the store the other day. I'm going to make it tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 150April 21, 2020 4:40 AM

I slept in, than ate cake. Only cake, the whole day.

by Anonymousreply 151April 21, 2020 11:38 AM

I had a bag of frozen cranberries, and made the Cranberry Butter Bars printed on the bag. So good, many cranberries and butter in each bite. Need more for coffee time.

by Anonymousreply 152April 21, 2020 11:51 AM

A bag of chicken strips. I ate the who fucking thing. I already type fat, but this was more than a bit untoward.

by Anonymousreply 153April 21, 2020 12:25 PM

Monday: Started entering all food intake into MyFitnessPal app.

Tuesday: Decided ignorance is bliss, deleted app, ate half a loaf of homemade banana bread.

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2020 12:17 AM

I just bought a movie theater size of Whoppers and ate them all in less than 3 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2020 12:19 AM

I bought two slices of chocolate cake with vanilla icing and a pint of ice cream with the intent of making it last 4 days. Within an hour I ate the cake and most of the ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 156April 22, 2020 12:25 AM

This is the best thread.

by Anonymousreply 157April 22, 2020 12:36 AM

Atta Gurl R154 ! Welcome to the dark side .

by Anonymousreply 158April 22, 2020 12:39 AM

I can't stop eating Cheez-Its. I've nearly gone through an entire family-sized box in two days.

by Anonymousreply 159April 22, 2020 12:43 AM

Today. By myself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 22, 2020 12:43 AM

R157 I agree; however, not living [italic]that[/italic] vicariously!

by Anonymousreply 161April 22, 2020 2:49 PM

A fruit tart is practically a health food in these times.

by Anonymousreply 162April 22, 2020 3:19 PM

^ It was super sweet. Very sugary. I ate the whole thing while binge-watching "Succession".

by Anonymousreply 163April 22, 2020 3:25 PM

See's Candies are shipping again. Just ordered four pounds of custom mix.

by Anonymousreply 164April 22, 2020 3:55 PM

r164

Did you get any Rum Nougat in your mix? I LOVE Rum Nougat.

by Anonymousreply 165April 22, 2020 3:59 PM

No. Not one of my favorites. I ordered two 2-pound boxes; you can only have 10 varieties in each.

by Anonymousreply 166April 22, 2020 4:03 PM

Lots of marvelous Japanese whisky.

by Anonymousreply 167April 22, 2020 4:15 PM

R143, I wish you were here so I could give you the rest of the bag I just bought. Not brownie-esque at all.

by Anonymousreply 168April 22, 2020 4:19 PM

Datalounge En Masse Absolvo

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2020 4:30 PM

Haven't done it in a long time, but...

I could go through a tub of Kaukauna cheddar cheese...What constipation afterwards, but such comfort food!

A whole package of McVitie's milk chocolate digestives...

Hot Crab Dip in one sitting

Potato salad

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2020 4:34 PM

r7 there was a bakery in my neighborhood and the chef made chocolate turtle pie. She made them in 10" and 7". I would buy the 7" my intention was to cut the pie in quarters and have dessert for 4 nights, that never happened.

Not long after adding turtle pie to her list of treats she stopped baking and turned the space over to a chef who made entrees to go. I miss her baked goods terribly but that pie was going to kill me.

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote] I could go through a tub of Kaukauna cheddar cheese

"Could" you or DID you. BonniePrinceCharlie, at r170?

You, nevertheless, are forgiven by the grace of Mother Matter, Existence & Time. Or, she prefers her nickname Metty, for short.

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2020 4:40 PM

What type of crust, r171? Graham cracker?

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2020 4:41 PM

I have gone through one, Metty! I just couldn't stop myself...got that butterknife out, box of triscuits, that cheese...and I went to town!. Reminds me, too...I've done the same with a cheddar cheese ball covered in walnuts...

Jeez! I'm hungry, R172.

I can also remember coming home from high school, opening the fridge, and seeing a bowl full of fried chicken leftover from dinner the night before. That'd be gone! I'm glad that I'm not 17 anymore, but I wish I had my 17 year old self's metabolism!

by Anonymousreply 174April 22, 2020 4:47 PM

You're honest disclosure redeems you, BonniePrinceCharlie

Absolvo

by Anonymousreply 175April 22, 2020 5:04 PM

OMG ! I just discovered Jiffy French Silk Chocolate peanut butter ! Its sinful on graham crackers !

by Anonymousreply 176April 22, 2020 5:22 PM

Magic Mushrooms and vodka 🍄

by Anonymousreply 177April 22, 2020 5:25 PM

Get behind me Satan!

And wait your turn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 22, 2020 5:31 PM

I stuffed myself until I vomited many times.

by Anonymousreply 179April 22, 2020 5:48 PM

Oh, I'm sorry to read that, r179. I'm sure that's unpleasant. Please be better to yourself.

Allow the lower portion of your corporeal matter, aka, your bowels an rectum, to do the expelling.

Be assured, my child, while this thing called Control can be real, we also may create a false sense within ourselves that we have it in ALL aspects of life.

That's delusional thinking. Let Go, or, Be Dragged.

And, you know? You're too good to be dragged.

Absolvo

by Anonymousreply 180April 22, 2020 6:05 PM

R174 Oh God yes. Excellent with Wheat Thins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 22, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote]She made them in 10" and 7". I would buy the 7" my intention was to cut the pie in quarters and have dessert for 4 nights, that never happened.

No gay man in history has ever turned down 10" in favor of 7".

by Anonymousreply 182April 22, 2020 7:23 PM

R178 what ever in the world are those delicious looking things? Must have recipe.

by Anonymousreply 183April 22, 2020 8:09 PM

I need to go to Wegmans and get one of their large fruit tarts. Eight servings, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 184April 22, 2020 8:15 PM

Spending a 22hr layover in Phoenix with a bottle of 1800 and matching bottle of margarita mix, a 6pack of beer, and some quest fundido I ordered takeout from a restaurant next to my hotel.

by Anonymousreply 185April 22, 2020 9:06 PM

r183 They look like Nanaimo bars.

by Anonymousreply 186April 22, 2020 9:20 PM

Looks like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 22, 2020 10:35 PM

Since this lockdown began I've been eating different Pepperidge Farm cookies (today it's Mint Milano flavor which is glorious) along with various flavors of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. Not at the same time, but now that I've typed that, I going to try spreading ice cream onto the cookies. It ain't the virus that's gonna do me wrong, that's for sure!

by Anonymousreply 188April 22, 2020 10:51 PM

I mixed chexmix into my butter pecan ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2020 4:46 AM

I just had my third big bowl of ice cream. So tasty.

by Anonymousreply 190April 23, 2020 4:51 AM

I ate two Granny Smith apples. Two! Like some kind of animal!

by Anonymousreply 191April 23, 2020 6:27 AM

Mangoes. I'm eating mangoes like Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now letting the juice run all over my hands, picking my teeth with a knife, and mumbling to myself. Let the world end, just give me fresh mangoes.

by Anonymousreply 192April 23, 2020 6:50 AM

[quote]I just had my third big bowl of ice cream.

What's a bowl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 23, 2020 10:11 AM

Apparently I’ve taken on a depression era mindset and refuse to let any food go to waste. I’ve never eaten more banana bread and zucchini bread in my life. Basically every few days I make another and it’s gone before I know it.

by Anonymousreply 194April 23, 2020 10:55 AM

Betty Crocker "Super Moist" Yellow Cake needed to be supplemented. I added an extra egg, 1/4 more vegetable oil, and substituted 1/4 of the cup of water with whole milk.

Basically it's almost a heavy, saturated, baked crepe. I made sure to not leave it a second more than necessary in the oven.

Speaking of " a heavy, saturated, baked crepe" , if I still smoked pot, that's exactly what I'd be if I were high.

I'll perform acts of penance when I get around to it. The frosting won't create itself, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 195April 23, 2020 12:52 PM

I live close to a place with the best bagels I've ever had and they have curbside pickup. Last week I went through a dozen in 4 days. And they have crumb cake with huge crumbs. I'm not a sweets guy but those things are like crack. I'm guessing I'm up about 8 lbs. in 5 weeks but I'm too scared to step on the scale.

by Anonymousreply 196April 23, 2020 1:03 PM

I know my pants are getting a little tight but I'm also too scared of weighing myself

by Anonymousreply 197April 23, 2020 1:27 PM

Pants? Who wears pants?

by Anonymousreply 198April 23, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] And they have crumb cake with huge crumbs.

Where in New Jersey, r196?

by Anonymousreply 199April 23, 2020 1:33 PM

I'm interested in the crumb cake too R199 and R196. Was is a double crumb like this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Thanks R186 R187

by Anonymousreply 201April 23, 2020 4:28 PM

Last night I found a package of Tate's Chocolate Chip cookies in the pantry I had forgotten about. They are gone.

I've rationalized this by telling myself that the "Best By" date was in May 2020 and I deserve to experience things at their "best"!

by Anonymousreply 202April 23, 2020 4:40 PM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 203April 23, 2020 4:41 PM

For some ungodly reason I've developed a craving for carbs—LOTS of carbs. I usually exist pretty much on meat, but for the past few weeks I've been chowing down on baked potatoes with a ton o' butter, spaghetti, rice, and a shit-ton of bread. Strangely, I've not gained any weight. (Yet).

by Anonymousreply 204April 23, 2020 6:20 PM

I really want to make buffalo chicken dip but I know that I'll consume all of it and that would be bad.

by Anonymousreply 205April 23, 2020 6:22 PM

Baby potatoes with butter and hollandaise

by Anonymousreply 206April 23, 2020 6:33 PM

r206 Try Bernaise instead, you'll thank me later.

r205 Is that the baked dip that Chef John on FoodWishes makes? VERY greasy but VERY good.

r204 I've just done the reverse today. Been bingeing on carbs but have now felt the need for more protein. Scooped up a lot of stuff at the market yesterday: Italian sausage, chicken thighs, strip steaks and salmon fillets. It's unusual for me to make this much, but I had a real craving for cooked beasts.

Not abandoning carbs though, also bought 5 TastyKake Coconut Creme pies( they are in the fridge), and 3 pints of B/R Pralines and Cream.

by Anonymousreply 207April 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Today, I decided I needed to stop being a gluttonous, fat whore like you all. So far, I've only had coffee with a little heavy cream, some blueberries and an egg.

I will not continue down this path of destruction.

by Anonymousreply 208April 23, 2020 6:49 PM

I know what you mean R208. It's starting to get old and I'm so sick of feeling guilty. I had a Greek yogurt and a granola bar for breakfast. I know, I know, carbs in the granola bar. It's an improvement on a sausage, egg and cheese bagel though. I can't keep eating like a 16 yr old stoner boy.

by Anonymousreply 209April 23, 2020 6:57 PM

Quitters!

by Anonymousreply 210April 23, 2020 7:11 PM

Buffalo Chicken Dip (Frank's Red Hot)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 23, 2020 7:21 PM

R209, I already fucking failed!

I just had four slices of toasted walnut cranberry bread with butter and half a block swiss cheese.

by Anonymousreply 212April 23, 2020 8:58 PM

LOL R208 I know I'm not far behind once I get home and smoke some pot. I've got those fucking Nutty bars in the freezer....

by Anonymousreply 213April 23, 2020 9:01 PM

Two boxes of Peeps on sale from CVS leftover from Easter. One chocolate and the other cherry.

by Anonymousreply 214April 25, 2020 2:03 AM

Still failing.

I had 6 eggo waffles and bacon for dinner. I haven't had a fucking eggo in like 10 years. I saw them at the market and got them today. But at least the maple syrup was high quality.

by Anonymousreply 215April 25, 2020 2:13 AM

Eggos cook so fast, you can keep eating more in a short time.

by Anonymousreply 216April 25, 2020 2:17 AM

Datalounge En Masse Absolvo to Infinity

by Anonymousreply 217April 25, 2020 2:22 AM

I snagged the last two packages of Stouffer's Welsh Rarebit at Publix. I was grinning ear to ear but no one was aware of my goofy smiling since I was wearing a mask!

I devoured the first package the moment I got home served over toasted bagel with ham and tomato slices. I promised myself I would "save" the second package for next week. That ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 218April 25, 2020 2:39 AM

I had a large bowl of Banana Nice Cream with some extra dates and cacao nibs! I'm so naughty!

by Anonymousreply 219April 25, 2020 5:54 AM

I cant wait for this covid shit to end so we can have endless threads bemoaning how fat we've gotten !

by Anonymousreply 220April 25, 2020 3:29 PM

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies this morning. I've eaten 3 so far.

by Anonymousreply 221April 25, 2020 5:04 PM

^^Quitter

by Anonymousreply 222April 25, 2020 5:13 PM

Tip if you have a Culver's near you that's drawing you in with their tractor beam-

Always order their vanilla or chocolate custard pints. They're fresh-made and packed into the carton right out of the mixer.

Don't get me wrong, their pre-packaged variety flavors are delicious too, but, they're pre-packaged, and I surmise, are leftovers of their "Flavors of the Day". If you buy one, and love Chocolate, try the Dark Chocolate Decadence.

by Anonymousreply 223April 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Went to the supermarket this morning with my husband. Bought all healthy stuff. A bunch of vegetables, chicken, whole grains etc.. I get home and there's a package of Duncan Hines lemon mug cakes in one of the bags. I took it as a sign that we were meant to have them. I do feel sorry for the woman ahead of me who bought them but went home without them.

by Anonymousreply 224April 25, 2020 10:06 PM

Bitches, I think today is the day I leave you behind. Had black coffee (no sugar) and an egg for breakfast. Lunch: small piece of cheese. Dinner: chicken and vegetables.

I will not eat past 7.

I'm done with you fat whores!

by Anonymousreply 225April 25, 2020 10:15 PM

Sounds like you didn’t eat enough R225, that can lead to binging...

by Anonymousreply 226April 25, 2020 10:25 PM

A newfound fondness (three nights in a row, one large bag) for tortilla chips sprinkled with the four kinds of Mexican cheese that come in the ziplock bag and baked at 350F for 10 minutes. I had avocados and the guacamole with sour cream (never made it that way before) and it lasted for the three nights - amazing. Now I'm out of salsa, too.

TJ's opens at 8 am. Lather, rinse, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 227April 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Wow! R227 has invented nachos!

by Anonymousreply 228April 25, 2020 11:34 PM

[quote]Sounds like you didn’t eat enough [R225], that can lead to binging...

Admittedly, I broke the 7p rule and ate some walnuts and plain yogurt - but that's it. I did good today. Which means tomorrow, I'm due to fuck up

by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2020 12:03 AM

What r133 said.

No withholding recipes. That's unforgivable.

No. Won't Google it. Spill

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2020 1:05 AM

R104 I made your biscuit recipe—they were delicious and easy. Baked them for a few extra minutes.. It took me two days to polish them off.

by Anonymousreply 231April 26, 2020 1:21 AM

You'll be back R225 . Just you wait and see . Meanwhile I just polished off 2 king sized Mounds bars in homage to you .

by Anonymousreply 232April 26, 2020 1:39 AM

I may or may not have eaten an entire Godiva cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory....allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 233April 26, 2020 9:46 PM

I'm quitting.

I'll finish my package of Nabisco Pinwheels Cookies today and then noooo wire hangers and No. More. Sugar.

by Anonymousreply 234April 27, 2020 7:48 PM

I'm going to build the largest fort of nachos today and then I'm going to live in them, and gradually eat my way out of them. With extra sour cream, guacamole, and salsa as ornamentation.

by Anonymousreply 235April 27, 2020 8:11 PM

I am on my last carton of ice cream and will finish it today. After that I am going to stop eating sugar. I am up 12 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 236April 27, 2020 8:14 PM

Tee-Hee.

by Anonymousreply 237April 27, 2020 8:21 PM

R237 - It's all for yoooooouuuu that I'm living so deliciously!

by Anonymousreply 238April 27, 2020 10:45 PM

I'm down to the last two Patti LaBelle sweet potato pies, some store brand sugar cookies with a slightly fishy flavor, about a dozen scones, half a bag of frozen strawberries and an ice cream Yule log we didn't have for Christmas, all in the freezer.

There are predictions of meat shortages. Meat is going to be the new toilet paper by Friday.

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2020 10:55 PM

Bought three crullers today. I told myself they are for breakfast over the next few days but one is already gone and I'm eyeing another.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2020 11:29 PM

A guy I know has it right.

He's in his early 70s and is in superb shape. He too, has a ferocious sweet tooth, but he keeps it simple. He just doesn't allow himself to bring into his home anything rich and sugary.

And it works. It's sickening.

He goes through those mega-boxes of Low-sugar popsicles (15 calories a popsicle) like nobody's business, though.

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2020 11:36 PM

Since quarantine started I've gone from a weekend pot smoker to a nightly pot smoker. I am in pretty good shape, and I didn't want this to erase all my progress, so my days basically consist of a T25 or Insanity workout 5x's a week and brownie ice cream sundaes at night. I haven't gained any weight since this started so I assume what I'm doing must be working.

by Anonymousreply 242April 28, 2020 12:59 AM

[quote]He's in his early 70s and is in superb shape. He too, has a ferocious sweet tooth, but he keeps it simple. He just doesn't allow himself to bring into his home anything rich and sugary.

I would just sit in my car then, fork in one hand, cake in the other.

by Anonymousreply 243April 28, 2020 12:59 AM

lol, r243

by Anonymousreply 244April 28, 2020 1:02 AM

R128 Trader Joe's has the key lime pie back in stock in Greater Boston - and it's as good as ever.

OTOH, the German/sometimes Hungarian-sourced Morello cherries in the glass jar are gone and most likely for good according to the manager.

by Anonymousreply 245April 30, 2020 6:16 PM

My partner and I have been having a couple of Coconut Dunkin Donuts or two of their Coffee Cake or Blueberry Muffins during our daily teatime Scrabble games🐷🐷🐷

by Anonymousreply 246April 30, 2020 6:36 PM

oh, no! Hold yourselves back,, r246!

by Anonymousreply 247May 1, 2020 12:13 AM

I am about to make a “New Family Sized!” box of macaroni and cheese.

Do you have a problem with that?

by Anonymousreply 248May 1, 2020 1:03 AM

I ordered cookies to be delivered multiple times a few weeks ago. In one week, I had 24 cookies.

by Anonymousreply 249May 1, 2020 1:06 AM

I baked a whole tray of Nestle's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. 24 cookies, I think. I ate them all in one sitting. Fuck it. I ran 7 miles the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 250May 1, 2020 1:08 AM

I used to eat like 3 pies a week at one point at the end of college. I gained 20 pounds, but oh well.

by Anonymousreply 251May 1, 2020 1:10 AM

I've been cooking a lot ... pork chops, steak, burgers, pasta, baked potatoes, breakfast sandwiches (with sausage patties, egg, and cheese, etc. Tomorrow I'm making meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 252May 1, 2020 2:03 AM

I ate a whole bag of Cheddar Sun Chips in one sitting the other day. Normally I go for the sweet stuff, but chips and the like have not been safe in my house during this pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 253May 1, 2020 2:05 AM

Forgivus Maximus

by Anonymousreply 254May 1, 2020 2:06 AM

I've moved on to jam tarts. Yes, the slice is what I saved for tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 1, 2020 3:51 PM

r255

Your jam tart makes me feel shame and embarrassment over the Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets I just inhaled. My eating habits have truly regressed to those of a 10 yr old.

I'm going to turn over a new leaf...Monday.

by Anonymousreply 256May 1, 2020 4:25 PM

R256 You are not alone. I recently rediscovered my adolescent love for Ding Dongs. Judging by their popularity and sold out status at the grocery store, I am not the only one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 1, 2020 4:28 PM

I loved Butterscotch Krimpets so much in the 1960s, r256. I tried them again in the 2000s. They weren't as good.

by Anonymousreply 258May 1, 2020 4:29 PM

It was the same with the Ding Dongs, but I chowed down anyway.

by Anonymousreply 259May 1, 2020 4:34 PM

R252 as I read your luscious dinner list my mother's ham and potato casserole flashed in front of my eyes. The potatoes were sliced quite thin and the top layer had crispy edges. The ham, cut off the bone, were probably the last bits, but at the time I didn't perceive it as a clever leftover...

by Anonymousreply 260May 1, 2020 4:49 PM

R259- Word on the street is you will chow down on anyone's king dong!!!

Whore!

by Anonymousreply 261May 1, 2020 4:57 PM

I resemble that remark R261!!

by Anonymousreply 262May 1, 2020 5:30 PM

[quote]Your jam tart makes me feel shame and embarrassment over the Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets I just inhaled. My eating habits have truly regressed to those of a 10 yr old.

It's not merely eating habits. It's psychological. We felt safer/happier/carefree as kids and we regress to that "happy place." We can't actually go back to that age, so the only way to get some part of our younger selves is through the food (usually junk food) we ate as children.

by Anonymousreply 263May 1, 2020 6:18 PM

r255 Oh, my. Linzertorte is my all-time favorite dessert. I've never tried making one, but maybe I should try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264May 1, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]You Are Forgiven.

There are many things for which one might be forgiven on DL...

...being a fatty who gorges on food ain't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 265May 1, 2020 9:00 PM

I cannot fathom the amount of empty calories in alcohol that I have consumed.

by Anonymousreply 266May 1, 2020 10:56 PM

R266, they don't count if you don't think about it.

by Anonymousreply 267May 1, 2020 10:58 PM

I've been getting high on edibles at night, then waking up wondering if my pantry's been invaded by raccoons.

by Anonymousreply 268May 2, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote]I cannot fathom the amount of empty calories in alcohol that I have consumed.

All of them. Every last one.

by Anonymousreply 269May 2, 2020 3:53 AM

I take two Archway soft oatmeal cookies, smear the underside of each one with Cool Whip, and then press them together for an oatmeal cookie "ice cream" sandwich. And twice I put more Cool Whip on the outside tops of the cookies and added two Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches at each end--sort of a gluttonous, homebound dessert Big Mac.

by Anonymousreply 270May 2, 2020 4:51 AM

20 KitKat's stashed in the fridge hiding behind the cabbage. I will cut a bitch if they pinch any

by Anonymousreply 271May 2, 2020 5:13 AM

Just stuffed my face with this vegan stuffing! Ugh I'm so fat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 2, 2020 6:38 AM

I just tossed a handful of walnuts in sizzling bacon fat, added a dollop of spicy grape sauce and then salted them.

by Anonymousreply 273May 2, 2020 11:45 AM

R267 - whelp....now that the damn pharmacies in my area have said there is a shortage of adderall I have to think about it. I don’t have gay mans toned body because I’m a gym nut like the rest of us....I have it because I’m good at a few squats, pushups, and NEVER FUCKING EAT. Without adderall, my alcohol calories actuall count because I’m eating like...everything. Hell, I’m used to having to throw out old shit in my fridge because I never had the appetite to eat it....now...I am. And cheese stuffed hot dogs are delicious, along with subway, and bread. Lots of bread.

by Anonymousreply 274May 2, 2020 11:51 PM

Not mine, but a friend's gluttony. When the Covid lock-downs started in early March, a friend who'd been at Harvard this year as a Fellow left when they shut down. She was headed back to Cornell where she and her husband teach. I know he loves cannolis from a place called Mike's Pastries, so I bought a dozen and gave 'em to her to take home.

She said she had no idea how it happened (...as if) but by the time she got to Ithaca the box was empty and the front seat was covered with powdered sugar.

by Anonymousreply 275May 3, 2020 1:47 AM

R23: Consider a load of cum is mostly fructose yeah.

by Anonymousreply 276May 3, 2020 2:31 AM

I'm not crazy over sweets, but I do like those chocolate-covered toffee things from Trader Joe's every once in a while. Last week I bought three boxes, which I figured would last me through July. Today, after an especially grueling day at work (I'm a cop), I came home to discover that ALL THREE BOXES HAD BEEN EATEN! My partner is a high school teacher and is now home alone all day. He found my toffees and "couldn't help myself. I'm really sorry."

SOMEONE isn't getting any surprise anal tonight.

Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 277May 3, 2020 3:04 AM

r275 Mike's Cannolis are soooooo good mmmm

by Anonymousreply 278May 3, 2020 5:21 AM

I had a bag of these for dinner and when I saw the "share" nonsense, I actually said out loud "Fuck your commie bullshit, Hershey's! It's all mine!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 3, 2020 5:41 AM

When I lived in Boston, we would always get lobster tails from Mike's. That is true gluttony.

by Anonymousreply 280May 3, 2020 5:46 AM

Ralph's supermarkets in LA all have this large cart in the back where they load perishable items at discount that are either just past the expiration date, or the packaging has been damaged, or just didn't sell. Cakes, cookies, sometimes vitamins, bread, bottles of wine, etc. I was going thru a very bad period, out of my mind because of a traumatic incident, checked out the cart, and saw a large, sheet Bday cake for about 12-16 people. Vanilla with lots of buttercreme, frosting, huge flowers, the works. There was a small dent in it. It was marked $25.00 down to $3.99! I bought it. Got it home, took it out, ate every single flower, most of the icing, some of the actual cake, then threw it in the trash. I went to sleep feeling totally disgusted with myself.

The next morning, I woke up, pulled it out of the trash, and finished it off! Somehow I am still alive to tell about it.

by Anonymousreply 281May 3, 2020 6:02 AM

I had a carton of Ben and Jerry's for dinner and just ate a THC laced peanut butter cookie. I am living it up.

by Anonymousreply 282May 3, 2020 6:03 AM

R281 I've done that too, but had to pay full price. And I had ice cream with the cake at both the evening and morning sessions.

by Anonymousreply 283May 3, 2020 6:09 AM

[quote]I had a carton of Ben and Jerry's for dinner and just ate a THC laced peanut butter cookie. I am living it up.

Living high!

by Anonymousreply 284May 3, 2020 6:31 AM

R283 I was out of my mind with grief, and also going thru withdrawal from a prescription drug I never should have been put on to begin with. Three weeks later, I ended up in a mental ward for the first and only time in my life.

So my question to you is..... what kind of ice cream?

by Anonymousreply 285May 3, 2020 6:34 AM

Last night I grabbed some pecans and tossed them in a pan and roasted them. Then I chopped them up and sprinkled them all over 3 scoops Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream. Then I topped the ice cream with some decadent hot fudge and hot caramel sauce. It was amazing! I think it’s called a turtle sundae somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 286May 3, 2020 6:49 AM

Yes! Hagen-Dasz! I'm getting some Caramel Cone Ice Cream tomorrow on my shopping run and likely starting in on it for brunch. Raspberries and almonds on top, for nutrition.

by Anonymousreply 287May 3, 2020 7:33 AM

En Masse Absolvo Beyond Infinity.

by Anonymousreply 288May 3, 2020 11:59 AM

Bought a large Wegmans fruit tart. Half of it (3 servings) is gone.

by Anonymousreply 289May 3, 2020 9:40 PM

Made a box of Anne’s Shells & Cheese. I added half the powdered cheese plus some shredded Parmesan, cheddar, Gruyere, and bleu cheese. Then I sliced up some smoked sausage and put it in there too! I ate approximately 71% of it. I must say it was wonderful! My dog goes crazy for shells & cheese but I only gave her a little bit. The leftovers will be breakfast tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 290May 3, 2020 9:44 PM

Today is my birthday. I’m fucking old. My market sells half cheesecakes. I got a chocolate chip one. Planning on getting really high and polishing it off.

by Anonymousreply 291May 3, 2020 10:07 PM

I had a bag of corn chips for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 292May 3, 2020 11:44 PM

I'm never going to eat the oatmeal I have, so I'm putting it to a more desirable use and making cookies. I might even add raisins since I also need to get rid of those too. I'm going to eat these for dinner, with a dish of rum raison Haagen-Dazs.

by Anonymousreply 293May 3, 2020 11:49 PM

Rum raisin, not raison although overindulgence is my raison d'être lately.

by Anonymousreply 294May 3, 2020 11:52 PM

I have baked 3 cheesecakes since the lockdown. My husband helped eat it but no way are we supposed to eat 3 in the space of a month. A few days ago I decided that I hadn't made a big enough pig of myself so I made a 13x9 pan of peanut butter fudge and ate damn near all of it. I feel like shit but I'm probably going to bake a pound cake this week.

by Anonymousreply 295May 4, 2020 12:30 AM

Happy Birthday, R291!!

by Anonymousreply 296May 4, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]Bought a large Wegmans fruit tart. Half of it (3 servings) is gone.

Well, you know what they say -- you are what you eat.

by Anonymousreply 297May 4, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]Consider a load of cum is mostly fructose yeah.

And not vegan either!

by Anonymousreply 298May 4, 2020 12:37 AM

Thank you post 296!

by Anonymousreply 299May 4, 2020 12:44 AM

R291 You may be 65 but darling,you look 25 ! Happy Birthday .

by Anonymousreply 300May 4, 2020 12:52 AM

R277, make him sleep in the yard.

R279, I love those and support your “no-sharing” policy.

by Anonymousreply 301May 4, 2020 12:19 PM

R291 Happy birthday! Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 302May 4, 2020 7:36 PM

I baked the pound cake. Please pray for my redemption.

by Anonymousreply 303May 4, 2020 11:21 PM

For something different, I am having Lindt Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate. It's not too shabby.

by Anonymousreply 304May 4, 2020 11:31 PM

The other day I bought several full size Chunky bars (ironic, I know). On the package it said “Great for sharing.” What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 305May 5, 2020 2:58 PM

Do they still come with raisins? I remember loving them as a kid, but I had to eat around the raisins. There is something so satisfying about the shape. That big square block o chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 306May 5, 2020 3:41 PM

Am I wrong about this (for anyone who was an 80s kid): Weren't there rumors of worms being found in chunky? I've never ever eaten one specifically because I recall hearing that.

by Anonymousreply 307May 5, 2020 7:47 PM

Yes, R306 they still have raisins. R307, the raisins help kill the worms (not really). I hadn't heard about the worm thing. I love the thick square of chocolate with all that peanuty and raisiny goodness. They're not so easy to find, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 308May 5, 2020 8:08 PM

Not recent gluttony, but when I was about 12. My father brought home a cake frosted with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles from a local bakery. I was alone in the kitchen with the white bakery box and the smell. I could not help myself - I took a fingerful of that frosting from the side of the cake and sucked it off. Heaven, Then the devil on my shoulder told me to take another taste and another and another. When I came out of my daze, all that was left was a naked cake. Fear kicked in and I frantically thought what I could do to fix the cake. My 12 year old mind had the idea that I could melt those chocolate squares my mother kept in the cabinet and whip up some new frosting even though I had never made frosting in my life.

Reality set in and I just closed the cake box and hid in my room until whichever of my parents found the cake first, then I would confess. I was scared because my father had a temper. Luckily, my parents found humor in the whole thing and it became a funny story for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 309May 5, 2020 8:15 PM

I had a cookie last year.

by Anonymousreply 310May 5, 2020 8:18 PM

I'm generally a pretty most eater (nothing to brag about). But I have a terrible weakness for cold soups once the weather warms up, especially Vichysoisse and gazpacho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311May 5, 2020 8:30 PM

That reminds me of when I was little and my mom baked a birthday cake for me or my sister (can't remember which) and our German Shepherd took a huge bite out of it. There was no time to bake another cake (plus my mom is very frugal), so she cut out the bitten part and filled in the hole with frosting. That same dog, Jojo, once also ate a whole plate of her homemade fried chicken.

by Anonymousreply 312May 5, 2020 8:30 PM

lol, r309 and r312

by Anonymousreply 313May 5, 2020 11:30 PM

Found a can of peaches in heavy syrup in the pantry.

I ate the peaches and then I drank the heavy syrup out of the bowl.

I've never drank the heavy syrup before.

It was good.

by Anonymousreply 314May 6, 2020 11:43 PM

"I've never drank the heavy syrup before."

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 315May 8, 2020 12:56 AM

Try frozen strawberries in syrup: that is good to drink too.

by Anonymousreply 316May 8, 2020 1:46 AM

When this quarantine is over, you all have no excuse. We'll be starting a DL Diet Regimen Thread and these bad eating habits WILL stop. Yes, I'm stating boundaries for you bitches. No more chunky's and no more cake from the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 317May 8, 2020 2:00 AM

I'm slathering butter on thick rye bread every morning when I wake up and toasting it. Then a couple of hours later it's time for a breakfast sandwich

by Anonymousreply 318May 8, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote]Try frozen strawberries in syrup: that is good to drink too.

Do they still make those? I remember those square metal packages they came in. I thought they were pretty much replaced by the bags of plain frozen strawberries you can get now.

by Anonymousreply 319May 8, 2020 2:02 AM

Frozen raspberries in syrup!

by Anonymousreply 320May 8, 2020 2:05 AM

I’m now losing weight. I’m on Jenny Craig & I have diarrhea.

I get diarrhea once a month. My version of menses, I guess. But since I’m on a diet, it should help me lose weight this month

by Anonymousreply 321May 8, 2020 2:46 AM

These are good, like the old ones in the tin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 8, 2020 3:05 AM

I have never seen those before in my life. Why would strawberries be put in syrup and then frozen? How are they meant to be used?

by Anonymousreply 323May 8, 2020 3:16 AM

COVID lockdown has made me schizo. On one hand, I am doing Insanity/T25 workouts in my basement 5 days a week after I get up in the morning. I barely eat all day except for egg whites and toast (or a protein waffle with sugar free syrup instead of toast) and a protein shake or bar for lunch. Later in the day is where things go downhill. Dinner is hit or miss... some nights are more healthy and nutritious than others. But then I smoke some weed and it is motherfuckin SNACK TIME... my after dinner stoned snacks of choice lately is crushing up a few Oreos in a bowl and adding a scoop of ice cream, a dollop of caramel sauce and some whipped cream. If I'm REALLY stoned I'll follow that with some cheez it's or goldfish crackers. And yet I have gone from 160 to 155 since this all started in March, so I guess those circuit workouts are firing up my metabolism and burning fat despite my evening binges.

by Anonymousreply 324May 8, 2020 3:17 AM

You can use the strawberries in syrup as an ice cream and/or angel food cake topping, or, as suggested above, just eat the berries and drink the syrup.

by Anonymousreply 325May 8, 2020 3:20 AM

I bought two bags of ketchup chips and will enjoy them with dip at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 326May 8, 2020 3:36 AM

r323 They are also great to make strawberry shortcake, perfect for that bowl of Cheerios or Wheat Chex in the morning, a nice addition to a fruit smoothie, add some of the syrup to club soda for a refreshing drink.

Use it as the liquid portion(add all the strawberries first, then thin it out with the syrup as needed) when you make homemade American-style buttercream cake frosting, it adds flavor, texture, eye appeal and colors it's a lovely pink. Make a yellow two-layer cake, put some sliced bananas on the top of the bottom layer, spread thickly with the frosting, do the same to the top of the top layer, or split both layers(fill and frost accordingly) for a taller cake to serve more people, then finish frosting the entire cake. The frosting will keep the bananas from turning dark, but it still has to be refrigerated. It also works well with chocolate cake, omit the bananas, or not, as you wish.

by Anonymousreply 327May 8, 2020 3:46 AM

That used to be the only way to get frozen strawberries. Now you can get so many different kinds of fruits (peaches, cherries, pineapple, mango, berries) frozen with nothing added. This was definitely not the case when I was younger.

by Anonymousreply 328May 8, 2020 4:10 AM

I've been eating Bizzy Gal Dinner's Ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 8, 2020 5:42 AM

[quote]I'm slathering butter on thick rye bread every morning when I wake up and toasting it.

I slather after I take my toast out of the toaster, not before I put it in. You must go through a lot of toasters, r318.

by Anonymousreply 330May 8, 2020 8:09 AM

^^^I put it in the toaster oven. Comes out nice and soft, the way I like my toast.

by Anonymousreply 331May 8, 2020 10:37 AM

They have Springle Jangle at Trader Joe's. Oops

by Anonymousreply 332May 8, 2020 11:01 AM

I've developed a terrible weakness for the doughnut's less healthy cousin, the koeksister. For breakfast.

Plus Pringles - once I pop that lid it's like I go into a fugue state for an hour. Then I look at the empty carton and wonder what the hell just happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 8, 2020 11:10 AM

Good Lord in Heaven R333. Are they like crullers? They're my favorite. My sister and I would beg our mother for a can of Pringles while we were grocery shopping. More often than not she would buy us a can and the 3 of us would eat the whole can on the way home from A & P or Safeway.

by Anonymousreply 334May 8, 2020 1:43 PM

Pringles are disgusting. Regular potato chips are far superior.

by Anonymousreply 335May 8, 2020 2:05 PM

I want strawberry shortcake with a homemade buttered biscuit warm out of the oven on top of ice cream. I WANT IT.

by Anonymousreply 336May 8, 2020 7:08 PM

I have an almost empty jar of Skippy Super Chunk by my bed with a spoon in it, which I opened yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 337May 8, 2020 7:11 PM

Sanders dark chocolate peanut butter blocks. A pound of them.

And I still have a box of the caramel ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 8, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote]I want strawberry shortcake with a homemade buttered biscuit warm out of the oven on top of ice cream. I WANT IT.

My mom introduced me to this when I was a kid. My first time at Roy Rogers. It was the greatest thing I had ever tasted. I haven't had it in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 339May 8, 2020 8:12 PM

I'm going to make this Apple Crumble Coffee Cake.

Chef John says if I whisk it by hand rather than using an electric mixer I burn calories the equivalent of a serving of this cake, give or take 400 calories, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 8, 2020 8:27 PM

I have the recipe R339 and will make it for you when the August strawberries come in.

by Anonymousreply 341May 9, 2020 1:51 AM

"I am forgiven?" Of course, r337.

You and everybody here on this thread. Now, forgive yourself.

Absolvo.

by Anonymousreply 342May 9, 2020 1:56 AM

Brand new shorts I bought 2 months ag no longer fit comfortably ,so I consoled myself with 6 individual servings of Jiffys french silk chocolate peanut butter . This is going to end badly,isnt it ?

by Anonymousreply 343May 9, 2020 2:02 AM

I made a half-gallon of strawberry ice cream last night. Amazingly, it's still in the freezer, untouched.

Only because I haven't finished the coffee ice cream I made on Monday, though.

by Anonymousreply 344May 9, 2020 2:06 AM

R341, and I'm an August baby! Leave them outside my house, please. I'll need to spray them with lysol before I take them inside, but I'll still eat them!

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 345May 9, 2020 2:08 AM

I made cream cheese and chocolate chip brownies which came out pretty good considering the last time I made brownies I was watching The Sonny and Cher Show. Ah nostalgia. My husband ate four the first night. Next I want to make jumbo blueberry muffins with orange zest in the batter and topped with a brown sugar pecan crumble.

by Anonymousreply 346May 9, 2020 2:26 AM

Like crullers soaked in a thick syrup, R312/R334, until they're sticky and crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. The perfect complement to a cup of strong black coffee and the breakfast of champions.

by Anonymousreply 347May 9, 2020 9:01 AM

I’ve been eating a lot of muffins

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 9, 2020 9:08 AM

Been so addicted to tuna casseroles lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 9, 2020 9:10 AM

I’ve been eating fatty roast beef every night. Gayle joins in sometimes too, although she swears she’s straight, I mean vegan now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 9, 2020 9:13 AM

Well that was an easy block to get rid of the porn spammer.

by Anonymousreply 351May 9, 2020 9:45 AM

OMG, no more gluttony for me after those posts! I'm going to vomit!

by Anonymousreply 352May 9, 2020 2:05 PM

^^^ I’m glad someone understood the message. The only way to stop you fat asses from ending up like a very special episode of My 600lb Life is to induce bulimia with the one thing no gay man will ever eat

by Anonymousreply 353May 9, 2020 2:15 PM

In a moment of weakness tonight, I got a Frappuccino from Starbucks. God must have intervened because I said venti, but the drive thru heard grande.

by Anonymousreply 354May 10, 2020 1:16 AM

Ugh. Appetite lost. You didn't have to do this, R350. *Shudders*

by Anonymousreply 355May 14, 2020 2:53 PM

R48/49/50 there is NO forgiveness for you. Burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 356May 14, 2020 4:23 PM

I managed to go about six weeks without eating anything "bad" until last week I ordered a piece of chocolate cake along with my usual curbside pickup grocery order. When I shopped in person they used to have a selection of quite good single-serving desserts, but this was surprisingly horrible. I think it might have been some old sugar free thing they'd dug out of a freezer.

by Anonymousreply 357May 14, 2020 4:33 PM

R356 you probably meant to curse R348. R48 is a decent, upstanding glutton like all of us.

by Anonymousreply 358May 14, 2020 7:53 PM

Tomorrow I plan to eat MANY spring rolls and fried shrimp with at least 6 different sauces and half a bottle of rosé champagne during the meal then the rest watching TV in bed.

by Anonymousreply 359May 14, 2020 9:41 PM

One time years ago, when I first started taking Seroquel, I bought a banana creme pie and ate the whole damn thing at once. Seroquel makes you insatiability hungry. I still get up in the middle of the night and eat.

by Anonymousreply 360May 14, 2020 9:52 PM

Dimittuntur tibi

by Anonymousreply 361May 15, 2020 12:40 AM

An ENTIRE serving of air, TWO times this month...... I’m so ashamed and my pants are skin tight on that huge cow’s ass I see in the mirror every morning.

by Anonymousreply 362May 15, 2020 11:01 AM

I lost 50lbs last year so I'm doing pretty much one meal a day to try and kick in autophagy and tighten my skin up (yes it's working) . All I had today was three coffees and an ounce of cashews while I spent the day packing up my house and moving furniture into the garage. By the time dinner rolled around I was pretty hungry. Left over Thai in the fridge, yay!!! Tofu and veg Tom Kha, 2 chicken satay skewers and basil beef and veg went down a treat, still hungry...so some grilled haloumi with kimchi on the side, half a bottle of shiraz, some more cashews and half an Atkins bar with Irish coffee. Finally satiated.

by Anonymousreply 363May 15, 2020 11:13 AM

8am I started cooking bacon, then realized I had no eggs. I ate two pieces of chocolate cake and then the bacon.

by Anonymousreply 364May 15, 2020 11:19 AM

R281 LOL. Somehow, this is my favorite story on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 365May 15, 2020 2:23 PM

I've really been into creating slightly healthier and nutritious versions of the junk I eat at night. With some success! This isn't a sarcastic joke post. For those that are curious...

1. I love good raspberry sorbet or fruity ice cream. So, as an "alternative" I tried and make smoothies using a food processor, and just make the consistency much thicker. I peel and freeze a whole bunch of bananas, broken into pieces. Never over-ripe bananas, always just past the green stage. And I have a large bag of frozen raspberries, also frozen blueberries work very well (and are a title cheaper) in the freezer. I use vanilla soy milk (or almond mink) that is vanilla and regular sweetened. I find the reduced sugar vanilla works well too. But never unsweetened, it comes out too blah. Combine all the ingredients on high speed. Use at least two bananas or more (that's the bulk of what holds it together). Obviously go lighter on the soy milk. It took me several tries to get it thick and just right but now I've got it down to a science. I eat a huge bowl of this sweet, intensely-fruit and tart concoction all the time now, in a big bowl with a spoon. Sometimes two. It's incredibly refreshing and cool and smooth. I crave it! And I feel like it has less fat and cholesterol and sugar than sorbet or ice cream and I love it so why not.

2. I used to love mixing an envelope of powdered onion soup mix into a 32 oz tub of sour cream, letting it sit for at least half an hour to let the dried onion pieces moisten. Then devouring the entire thing with a giant bag of kettle potato chips. True gluttony. But NOW I use a 32 oz tub of plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It has to be greek, not plain, for the thickness. The change is nearly unnoticeable! I love it this way now, plus I'm slightly lactose intolerant and all that sour creme always messed with my stomach. But the plain greek yogurt sure doesn't!

Am I forgiven?

by Anonymousreply 366May 15, 2020 2:50 PM

R358 you’re absolutely right. R48 I apologize profusely.

by Anonymousreply 367May 15, 2020 3:29 PM

R364 you did the absolutely right thing. There are eggs in cake. Also, cake IS a breakfast food, we stupidly call them muffins.

by Anonymousreply 368May 15, 2020 3:32 PM

R366 that is all vaguely interesting and strongly inappropriate for this thread.

by Anonymousreply 369May 15, 2020 4:15 PM

downloading new porn to my spare harddrive and never watching it. It's the gluttony of grabbing all the hottest seeming thumbnail previews....seriously, I have porn when bush was normal to bald busy YUCK to trimmed bush yuck back to full bush of the millennium which looks like a wig or perm. lol

by Anonymousreply 370May 15, 2020 4:25 PM

Sleeves of golden Oreos

by Anonymousreply 371May 15, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote]An ENTIRE serving of air, TWO times this month.

Lucky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 372May 15, 2020 4:29 PM

Golden Oreos, hmmm. I am shopping on Monday so I have a good amount of time to get ideas for my list..

by Anonymousreply 373May 15, 2020 4:32 PM

R371 by “sleeves” I hope you mean at least three....in one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 374May 15, 2020 6:26 PM

I ate half of a large pizza just now.

by Anonymousreply 375May 15, 2020 9:45 PM

R375 a true glutton would’ve demolished the entire pie. Go back and try again!

by Anonymousreply 376May 15, 2020 9:55 PM

Meats, in particular sausages. Also Doritos.

by Anonymousreply 377May 15, 2020 10:25 PM

"Am I forgiven?" of course, r366 and All Here:, Absolvo to :

MACS0647-JD is the farthest known galaxy from the Earth based on the photometric redshift. It has a redshift of about z = 10.7, equivalent to a light travel distance of 13.26 billion light-years (4 billion parsecs).

by Anonymousreply 378May 16, 2020 12:26 AM

I have NO idea why, but I've rediscovered those little Jimmy Dean microwave sausage biscuits—the tiny ones that look like sliders. I like to put French's mustard on them. My record is 8. There are 10 to a box. I'm disgusted with myself when I do this, but they're so goddamn tasty I can't stop. I'm usually not like this. God damn you, Jimmy Dean! Can't you just stay dead and stop taunting me from beyond the grave with your delicious microwave sausage biscuits?

by Anonymousreply 379May 16, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] Can't you just stay dead and stop taunting me from beyond the grave with your delicious microwave sausage biscuits?

No, r379. I'm immortal in the truest sense of the word. You folks eat my food products, poop them out, thus sustaining life on Earth, And that's still happenin' long after I've been gone.

Thank You

Not bad for a West Texas boy.

by Anonymousreply 380May 16, 2020 1:05 AM

I just had Limoncello Mascarpone Cake. Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 381May 16, 2020 1:21 AM

Coffee everyday like 6 cups

by Anonymousreply 382May 16, 2020 1:27 AM

Easy honey mustard sauce for your frozen chicken strips:

Equal parts plain yellow mustard, mayonnaise, and brown sugar plus a tap of garlic powder. Just like the shit you get at KFC, you buncha fat fuckin whores!

by Anonymousreply 383May 16, 2020 1:50 AM

I used to be the one who would only get the Talenti sorbet (because it was only sugar rather than sugar and fat)....now I’m eating the fully leaded sugar+fat combo of Talenti gelato in Mediterranean Mint and Pistachio flavors. I’ve gone through roughly 10 pints this week. 65 dollars and 3600 calories (from fat specifically) and 8000+ total calories later I feel big. Let’s not get started on anything else I’ve been eating. Am I forgiven?

by Anonymousreply 384May 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Yes, r384.

Absolvo.

and my, what capacity you have.

by Anonymousreply 385May 16, 2020 3:43 PM

I have a whole box of Little Debbie Zebra cakes (my favorite Little Debbie). It's in my cabinet, just waiting.

by Anonymousreply 386May 16, 2020 4:06 PM

I too, r386, let Debbie do all of my baking.

by Anonymousreply 387May 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Way back when this thing started I was searching for cookies at Walmart. It was back when people where like zombies ripping the shelves bare. The only things left were crap like squashed Archway Molasses cookies and this one last package of Chips Ahoy Original which I grabbed. Since then I’ve eaten multiple Family Size packages. I’ve become addicted and I don’t know why. I regularly give myself belly aches. I’m eating them right now.

by Anonymousreply 388May 16, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote] I’ve become addicted and I don’t know why. I regularly give myself belly aches. I’m eating them right now.

If I understand the neurological function of sugar in the brain correctly, r388, sugar has the same affect on our dopamine (pleasure) receptors as does sex, alcohol, drugs, etc.

I think when the burdens (your bellyaches) exceed the pleasure, but we still do it, well, "addiction" may be the correct term.

by Anonymousreply 389May 16, 2020 7:44 PM

Bought 6 donuts today, had 3 throughout the morning and saving the other 3 for tomorrow. I think I'm going to order a bacon cheeseburger for dinner, Caesar salad on the side... and fried mac and cheese wedges.

by Anonymousreply 390May 16, 2020 9:55 PM

R390 please, please order extra croutons for your Caesar salad!

by Anonymousreply 391May 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Taco Bell night

by Anonymousreply 392May 17, 2020 10:53 PM

List for tomorrow: straw- and raspberries, chocolate sauce to heat, ice cream TBD, random chocolate caramels, and a simple shortbread.

by Anonymousreply 393May 18, 2020 1:05 AM

I've been doing okay lately but two weeks ago I made a pan of Ghirardelli brownies from a box and then proceeded to make turtle fudge sundaes from each brownie-thats TWO scoops minimum of vanilla ice cream with torani caramel sauce drenched on top

by Anonymousreply 394May 18, 2020 2:55 AM

R394, where the fuck do you live? I'm breaking in and stealing what you have left!

by Anonymousreply 395May 18, 2020 3:39 AM

Oh it was gone in four days R395. What proceeded was the worst "food hangover" of my life. My head felt like it weighed ten pounds

by Anonymousreply 396May 18, 2020 3:58 AM

R394 those Ghirardelli brownie mixes are lethal. In a good way.

by Anonymousreply 397May 18, 2020 12:27 PM

I ate an entire box of White Cheddar Cheez-Its without stopping on Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398May 18, 2020 12:34 PM

Those and a book are a bit of paradise to me, R398.

by Anonymousreply 399May 18, 2020 7:56 PM

I haven't been able to control myself around chips lately. Last week I bought a bag of Doritos and finished it in a day. Over the weekend I bought a bag of baked cheddar Lays and ate them in one sitting. I clearly can't bring bags into the house.

by Anonymousreply 400May 18, 2020 8:37 PM

R377 I love sausage too! I just discovered this brand at my store about two months ago. It’s awesome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401May 18, 2020 8:38 PM

Please only eat the burger R390. You’ll feel really sick and disgusted if you eat the rest of that with it. Way too much fat!

by Anonymousreply 402May 18, 2020 8:45 PM

What in the world is a mac and cheese "wedge"?

by Anonymousreply 403May 18, 2020 10:02 PM

Here's what I ate Saturday:

Family size bag of Old Dutch Ripple chips, with a tub of dill pickle dip (RIP my nose from the farts)

One pound of green grapes

A small (5x7?) lemon coconut cake with thick icing

A big bag of Sour Patch Kids

by Anonymousreply 404May 18, 2020 10:08 PM

I just ate two sushi rolls, an order of egg rolls, two salmon roe nigiri, and a cupcake. It was my birthday lunch. My bf is bringing over Indian takeout later.

by Anonymousreply 405May 18, 2020 10:11 PM

R404 I'm still laughing at [quote] RIP my nose from the farts [quote]

by Anonymousreply 406May 18, 2020 10:19 PM

Whoops can't quote properly. Oh well

by Anonymousreply 407May 18, 2020 10:19 PM

I just have the urge to cook and bake. I just made a big batch of split pea soup in my Instant Pot (with a huge ham steak). Baked onion soup bread in my bread machine yesterday. Pork chops and rice last night.

by Anonymousreply 408May 18, 2020 10:30 PM

Forgiven, Absolvo & Atoned

by Anonymousreply 409May 18, 2020 11:16 PM

R338 you may appreciate this. I tried to make a Bumpy cake a few weeks ago. I’ve never done it before and I’m quite a beginner when it comes to baking. Here are the results:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410May 19, 2020 12:06 AM

R410: Congratulations. It looks terrific. I have no experience with other than Sander's bumpy cakes (of which I think highly) but since their's were sold out the last time I looked, yours looks like it would do perfectly, and not just during the current emergency.

Your post also reminded me that there are still some Sanders caramel and peanut butter squares in the pantry which I will now consume.

by Anonymousreply 411May 19, 2020 1:29 AM

Eyegasm Alert at r410.

My corneas are leaning back and smoking a cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 412May 19, 2020 1:34 AM

I've never heard of bumpy cake. Is it regional?

by Anonymousreply 413May 19, 2020 1:59 AM

Picked up a Pepperidge Farms coconut cake for dinner

by Anonymousreply 414May 19, 2020 2:36 AM

I find the pepperidge farms cakes to be lacking in flavor. And I tried them all!

by Anonymousreply 415May 19, 2020 2:37 AM

^Fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 416May 19, 2020 2:38 AM

I will eat an entire Edwards Key Lime pie and not much else in 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 417May 19, 2020 3:09 AM

Why am I eating so many pies?

by Anonymousreply 418May 19, 2020 3:11 AM

Just polished off a three-piece meal from KFC- two thighs, a drumstick, a side of coleslaw, a side of Mac n cheese and a biscuit. I ate EVERY.BITE.

by Anonymousreply 419May 19, 2020 3:25 AM

Went to local Lidl store and bought 50 pints of Hagan Dazs Strawberry Shortcake.

Half price at €2.50

Yum Yum.

by Anonymousreply 420May 19, 2020 3:34 AM

R412 thanks! This is what the store-bought version looks like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421May 19, 2020 4:09 AM

R411 if you ever want to make one for yourself here’s a good recipe. I would decrease the amount of sugar though. It is very sweet!

I ordered some hot fudge sauce for myself and friends. No bumpy cakes available! No honeycomb chips either. I did get the block of peanut butter and chocolate as well. It’s very good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422May 19, 2020 4:13 AM

I had an entire 48 oz carton of Turkey Hill Coffee flavored ice cream for lunch. I felt so complete when I finished the entire thing.

by Anonymousreply 423May 19, 2020 4:29 AM

Is Turkey Hill a good brand? It’s better Be to justify eating three freaking pints!

by Anonymousreply 424May 19, 2020 4:34 AM

Turkey Hill isn't bad. I love the coffee flavor. I could have eaten 2 cartons of it is I didn't practice a little control.

by Anonymousreply 425May 19, 2020 4:58 AM

You guys disgust me!

by Anonymousreply 426May 19, 2020 1:56 PM

[quote]Turkey Hill isn't bad. I love the coffee flavor. I could have eaten 2 cartons of it is I didn't practice a little control.

I think Turkey Hill is definitely one of the best brands out there. I orgasmed when I ate the coffee ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 427May 19, 2020 3:18 PM

Making a cheesey crab 🦀 dip with sliced French baguette 🥖

by Anonymousreply 428May 19, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote] Went to local Lidl store and bought 50 pints of Hagan Dazs Strawberry Shortcake. Half price at €2.50

You have a freezer big enough to store 50 pints of ice cream? And I'm surprised that they sell Haagen-Dazs (or use pints, for that matter) in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 429May 19, 2020 5:00 PM

Reporting on the Haagen Dasz Caramel Cone -- the caramel was just right, not too sweet, and the cone pieces were wrapped in chocolate for a nice contrast. Cone stayed crispy too. I ate it straight out of the shopping bag so it was slightly melting from the ride home; the only disappointment was that it disappeared in about 10 minutes. That's it, party's over for now.

by Anonymousreply 430May 19, 2020 6:09 PM

I just ate the whole bowl of Butterscotch Angel Delight. It was a firm favorite when I was a kid in England. I feel ill now. Thought i was giving myself a real treat. It's full of chemicals, I guess. Never again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 19, 2020 6:18 PM

I made the Harvard Faculty Club's banana - chocolate chip bread pudding last night and of course, the caramel sauce, too.

The recipe serves six. The two of us finished most of it last night and I, glutton that I am, had the rest of it cold for breakfast. It's really good with a cup of coffee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 19, 2020 8:10 PM

OMG R432

by Anonymousreply 433May 19, 2020 8:25 PM

This is really just a food porn thread

by Anonymousreply 434May 19, 2020 8:26 PM

Last night whilst devouring a mess of enchiladas, nachos and other accoutrements of gracious Mexican dining, I managed to eat an entire bowlful (!) of EXTREMELY hot habanero salsa. Today my A-hole is on fire. If I were a cartoon character, there would be flames shooting out my ass. It stings and burns like nothing I have ever experienced. Thanks to the salsa I now have to go to the bathroom about once an hour. This is not helping things. I do not know what to do. I am in total agony. I have never experienced pain like this in my nether region. Fortunately I'm a Top, so I don't have to worry about surprise anal from my partner. I will never eat an entire bowlful of habanero salsa again. Owwwww!

by Anonymousreply 435May 20, 2020 12:54 AM

r435 And during a nationwide toilet paper shortage!

by Anonymousreply 436May 20, 2020 1:57 AM

LMAO at all the posts here.

by Anonymousreply 437May 20, 2020 2:15 AM

R428 do you have a recipe for that?

R432 that looks amazing! But I’m too lazy to make it!

R435 been there, done that. Smear a little Aquaphor ointment or Vaseline around your little rosebud. It helps!

by Anonymousreply 438May 20, 2020 2:52 AM

Made biscuits tonight! I'm about to slather them in butter and honey.

by Anonymousreply 439May 20, 2020 3:43 AM

R439 Have you ever tried this? It's delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440May 20, 2020 4:28 AM

Is that good R440? How hot is it?

by Anonymousreply 441May 20, 2020 5:00 AM

If you put a comma in there, It would describe my darling husband.

by Anonymousreply 442May 20, 2020 5:01 AM

R441, it's got a kick but if my white ass can handle it, it's not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 443May 20, 2020 5:15 AM

R440 I've never seen that!

I'm considering making sausage gravy tomorrow. It'll be my first time making it. I'm excited!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 20, 2020 5:31 AM

I retire.

You've all taken over.

by Anonymousreply 445May 20, 2020 11:22 AM

LOL @ R445

by Anonymousreply 446May 20, 2020 2:55 PM

I have bananas up the wazoo and they’re going to go bad in a few days. I’m thinking of baking this cake. Should I?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447May 20, 2020 8:55 PM

Mash your bananas and freeze them. You can make banana nut bread or muffins whenever you want.

by Anonymousreply 448May 20, 2020 9:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449May 20, 2020 10:42 PM

R448 You don't even have to mash them. Freeze 'em whole, in the skin, until needed. Let them defrost (for baking) or nuke 'em for a few seconds for smoothies - they'll slip right out of the peel while still frozen.

by Anonymousreply 450May 20, 2020 10:54 PM

It’s better to peel your banana and slice into 1 inch long pieces. Freeze them on a baking sheet for two hours. Then put them all in a freezer bag for future use.

by Anonymousreply 451May 20, 2020 11:00 PM

I can't stand Chrissy Teigen but I want to make her cheesy garlic bread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 20, 2020 11:03 PM

R444 Reporting back, I actually wasn't a fan of the sausage gravy.

I forgot my bank card at the grocery store, when I go there to pick it up I might actually buy proper fruits and vegetables... I'm being punished.

by Anonymousreply 453May 21, 2020 12:46 AM

I’ve been on Jenny Craig for 3 weeks. At first I was starving & couldn’t wait to eat & now I don’t feel like eating & dont finish anything. It’s not that the food is horrible or anything, I just don’t feel hungry anymore.

by Anonymousreply 454May 21, 2020 1:10 AM

I ate this box of assorted mochi in under 24 hours.

Except it had green tea instead of vanilla. And it was stupendous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 21, 2020 1:14 AM

I had some instant oatmeal languishing in the cabinet forever,so I googled a cookie recipe and just baked 2 dozen. They are divine . I only had 7 so I feel like I had SOME restraint,but I doubt theyll make it through the night.

by Anonymousreply 456May 21, 2020 1:15 AM

I'm baking a lemon raspberry loaf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 22, 2020 2:38 AM

If you could share a link to that recipe R456 that would be most appreciated

by Anonymousreply 458May 22, 2020 7:30 AM

R457 You too.

by Anonymousreply 459May 22, 2020 6:22 PM

I've discovered Lazzaroni biscotto. They have the perfect dry crumbly texture I adore in Italian cookies. No palm oil, and not expensive. Can be dunked in milk, coffee or tea. I'm going to try to come up with a no bake summer fruit tart with liqueur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460May 22, 2020 6:45 PM

The plain Aurore are great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 22, 2020 6:48 PM

Papa Murphy's Pizza has the most delicious raw chocolate chip cookie dough for take-out.

by Anonymousreply 462May 23, 2020 7:50 PM

I made banana upside down cake last night. It tasted wonderful! The problem was when I tried to flip it out of the pan the bananas and brown sugar stuck to the pan. I guess I need to grease my pan better. I would definitely make it again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463May 25, 2020 8:31 AM

White wine and cheese. I believe I am addicted to cheese

by Anonymousreply 464May 25, 2020 8:49 AM

Tell us about your cheese desires R464.......

by Anonymousreply 465May 25, 2020 6:59 PM

R96 well done. I just bought both Ho Ho’s and Ding Dongs on my last grocery run, and I’m still working on my last box of Girl Scouts Thin Mints cookies. Last night I had homemade loaded nachos for dinner, loads of cheese and sour cream. Yummy

by Anonymousreply 466May 27, 2020 8:08 PM

I want to make this so bad! Has anyone made a similar recipe? Is it worth the effort?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467May 27, 2020 8:17 PM

Made a chicken fettuccine Alfredo with a pound of pasta and pound of chicken. And a pint of heavy cream and about a cup and a half of parmesan. It's half gone

by Anonymousreply 468May 28, 2020 3:58 AM

Not really gluttony, I think. I was recently hospitalized because I found I was't able to stand up. The life squad took me to the hospital, and hooked me up to an IV because I had a serious sodium deficiency (I didn't realize that was a symptom). I had only been eating chocolate pudding pops for the 5 days prior. I wasn't really hungry, but they made me eat three times a day while I was in the hospital. I'm not anorexic: I just don't have much of an appetite, and really have to force myself to eat. I would have eaten Reese's Peanut Butter cups if they had offered me those.

by Anonymousreply 469May 28, 2020 4:15 AM

R465 I like almost all of the Dutch cheeses, esp the mature ones and the types of cheese with cumin. I eat it everyday and recently read somewhere that cheese is as addictive as chocolate so there I don’t need to feel guilty.

I also love a good cheddar, Danish smokey cheese, peccorino, brie, soft goat’s cheese and cheese with fenugreek is a new fav. I could go on for a while.

by Anonymousreply 470May 28, 2020 9:43 AM

I purchased some Golden Cheshire on a whim the other day. I have never tried it before. Hope it’s good!

Have you ever had St. Agur blue cheese R470? It’s tasty!

by Anonymousreply 471May 28, 2020 5:55 PM

I love all types of blue cheeses(except the very cheap ones). Didn’t try St. Shut yet but I will if you say it’s good. Hope you enjoyed R471

by Anonymousreply 472May 29, 2020 8:47 PM

I'm trying to use up all of the (very old) food in my freezer. I dug down deep last night and found a well-wrapped (plastic, foil, and Zip-Loc) homemade banana-nut bread that's probably over a year old. Thawed it out and had some with cream cheese and it was surprisingly tasty!

by Anonymousreply 473May 29, 2020 9:07 PM

If you freeze things properly they can last a long time!

by Anonymousreply 474May 29, 2020 9:17 PM

Vicarious Food Orgy Thread.

That's this thread, and don't try to tell me otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 475May 29, 2020 10:52 PM

Early this morning around 4 a.m. I made a small batch of spaghetti with garlic sauce and extra cheese. I ate it all up and I regret nothing!

by Anonymousreply 476May 30, 2020 12:20 AM

For lunch I made a really tasty sandwich. Grilled rye bread with melted emmental cheese, GOOD pastrami, turkey, and roast beef. Mixed up some Chinese hot mustard and used it sparingly on the sandwich because it’s so hot. It was darn good!

by Anonymousreply 477May 31, 2020 6:53 PM

This is the OP. I've been directed to issue the following:

JOINT EDICT: Tomorrow is June 1st, 2020.

All "Absolvo"s, & "Forgiven"s set forth herein this thread expire tonight at 11:59 and 59 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 478May 31, 2020 8:17 PM

Uh-oh -- I'm in trouble!

by Anonymousreply 479May 31, 2020 9:09 PM

Pffft. Tomorrow I'm making the Spanish chicken with beer, and oatmeal cookies.

by Anonymousreply 480June 1, 2020 12:15 AM

R478 i’ve been craving bruschetta. Is it OK to make that?

by Anonymousreply 481June 1, 2020 7:10 PM

Only if you pronounce it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 482June 1, 2020 7:24 PM

Ok R482......bru-skett-a! How’s that?

by Anonymousreply 483June 4, 2020 1:13 AM

I really wanna make some homemade ice cream. I saw this recipe online for blueberry pie ice cream that looks amazing! The guy who makes it is pretty funny too......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 4, 2020 1:18 AM

I can totally binge on Culvers Midnight Toffee custard with brownies mixed in and hot fudge on top of the whole delicious mess

by Anonymousreply 485June 4, 2020 1:21 AM

I ate an entire large bowl of 7 layer dip with a family size bag of Tostitos . Im actually a little queasy from it. As soon as my stomach settles Ill have 6-8 hot fresh chocolate chip cookies. I dont need absolution,I need a stomach pump.

by Anonymousreply 486June 4, 2020 1:22 AM

Used to get a huge sundae from Coldstone Creamery that was basically a bucket of ice cream. I always understood why whales beach themselves after eating most of it.

by Anonymousreply 487June 4, 2020 3:40 AM

I love this thread.

It gives me hunger pangs.

And makes me think about food I didn't think about.

by Anonymousreply 488June 4, 2020 6:30 PM

R485 OMG that does sound absolutely scrumptious. Quarantining and reading that post has me dreaming of endless rounds of ice cream. Or, as in the case of Culver’s, their absolutely fuck’n delicious frozen custard.

by Anonymousreply 489June 4, 2020 6:40 PM

I was absolutely bored out of my fuck’n mind on yet another work zoom conference call. I turned off the camera, put my mic on mute and enjoyed an entire bag of Jalapeño Cheetos while they all babbled on about some utter nonsense. I fuck’n love WFH.

by Anonymousreply 490June 4, 2020 6:45 PM

I have noticed Culver's being mentioned a LOT on this thread! Must be something special. Unfortunately, none in my state (NJ) or anywhere nearby for that matter. I'll just have to live vicariously through you gluttonous piglets.

by Anonymousreply 491June 4, 2020 7:17 PM

I always thought Culver's was mostly a midwestern thing but I was surprised to run across one in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 492June 4, 2020 7:59 PM

Never had Culvers in Michigan but am always willing to expand my ice cream boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 493June 4, 2020 8:06 PM

r 489 aI gained so much weight on Culver binges...their chocolate custard is sinful. I live in Fl and this culver is in West Melbourne..its only a few yrs old

by Anonymousreply 494June 4, 2020 9:46 PM

In a choice between chocolate or vanilla frozen custard or ice cream I choose chocolate except when it comes to Culver's Vanilla Frozen Custard.

It's truly delicious. The perfect amount of vanilla flavor amid thick, creamy cold custard. And it doesn't need any toppings. It stands alone.

by Anonymousreply 495June 4, 2020 10:25 PM

R495 Yup, it’s the fuck’n best

by Anonymousreply 496June 4, 2020 11:05 PM

About r478 -

The Powers that Forgive met in a historic, rarely called meeting.

They ask for your forgiveness in rescinding the heretofore granted "Absolvo" and "Foregiven"s as set forth in r478.

Those remain in force and effect, absent any durational cease - "to infinity and beyond."

by Anonymousreply 497June 4, 2020 11:26 PM

That's alright. We all ignored R478. Didn't phase us in the least.

by Anonymousreply 498June 4, 2020 11:40 PM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 499June 5, 2020 12:00 AM

I want an endless Chinese buffet.

by Anonymousreply 500June 5, 2020 12:56 AM

I'm not a big soda drinker, but I've become addicted to Cherry Vanilla Coke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 5, 2020 1:13 AM

I found a can of aerosol whipped cream in the back of the fridge -- expiration date was Jan. 2019. I used it all up anyway. (On some strawberry shortcake with homemade biscuits.)

Yes. You can have my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 502June 5, 2020 3:37 AM

I ordered "Paella".

Two servings for lunch.

Yes, I will be alone.

by Anonymousreply 503June 5, 2020 9:32 AM

R503 Sweet, you go gurl, make this god damn pandy work for you. Enjoy

by Anonymousreply 504June 5, 2020 2:49 PM

I'm always trying to use up stuff that's about to go bad in my fridge. I have a whiteboard with expiration dates of everything so I can keep track of things. Today I'm making buttermilk bread in my bread machine to use up buttermilk that's on its last legs.

by Anonymousreply 505June 5, 2020 5:36 PM

I just bought a can of ready whip to go on my fresh strawberries! So excited! And I also made cherry ice cream with crumbles. That was pretty good too!

by Anonymousreply 506June 5, 2020 7:00 PM

Thank you, Heloise at R505.

by Anonymousreply 507June 5, 2020 9:59 PM

Now that rump had basically declared we are saved, the pandemic is over, I'm back to low carbing...no more delicious Culver custard for me.......

by Anonymousreply 508June 5, 2020 11:54 PM

R508 See you again when the second wave hits. We'll welcome you with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 509June 6, 2020 12:52 AM

[quote]I want an endless Chinese buffet.

Bitch, that's practically what got us into this mess!

by Anonymousreply 510June 6, 2020 1:01 AM

I recently discovered Birthday Cake Kit Kat bars, and I can't stop eating them. I bought a dozen yesterday.

Help me.

by Anonymousreply 511June 6, 2020 1:03 AM

[quote]I want an endless Chinese buffet.

I hear the pangolin chow mein is to die for!

by Anonymousreply 512June 6, 2020 3:06 AM

I tried the Green Tea Kit Kat: big fail.

by Anonymousreply 513June 6, 2020 4:39 AM

Oooooooo. That sounds good R511! Where can you get them?

by Anonymousreply 514June 6, 2020 6:33 AM

Had a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cherries in heavy cream with a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk. OMG!

by Anonymousreply 515June 6, 2020 6:36 AM

R515, go back and substitute all those healthy fruits with a big slab of pound cake. Go on. We’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 516June 6, 2020 1:02 PM

Sour cream pound cake R516?

by Anonymousreply 517June 6, 2020 3:44 PM

R516 yes! Yes! Yes!

by Anonymousreply 518June 6, 2020 3:48 PM

R509 yes, we will see you R508 in the fall. Take care

by Anonymousreply 519June 6, 2020 7:19 PM

I start out every day thinking this is the day I'm going to be good...and then by three, I'm eating BREAD!

by Anonymousreply 520June 6, 2020 7:20 PM

On DL, the only legitimate pound cake is a DOLLAR TREE pound cake!

by Anonymousreply 521June 6, 2020 10:44 PM

r509 r519 thank you..I'll be back!

by Anonymousreply 522June 6, 2020 11:09 PM

Over in Eastern Europe, they deliver KFC and McDonald's and Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. I break down and order some every week. But I am mostly doing sushi (18 pieces) and a six pack a day so I have gained about 8 lbs. My roommate eats whatever the hell she wants and doesn't gain an ounce. Bitch.....

by Anonymousreply 523June 6, 2020 11:43 PM

Bad News: I ate an entire box of candy

Good News: It was the marvelous Ayds, appetite-suppressant, figure-reducing candy

So I expect to be super slim by tomorrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 7, 2020 2:43 AM

Ate yo mama out

by Anonymousreply 525June 7, 2020 2:44 AM

R524 don’t they make you poop like crazy?

by Anonymousreply 526June 7, 2020 3:35 AM

Well, R526, I guess you could say I'm pooped!

by Anonymousreply 527June 7, 2020 3:39 AM

I’m craving something chocolatey. Should I make this cake?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528June 7, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote]Today I'm making buttermilk bread in my bread machine to use up buttermilk that's on its last legs.

How can you tell when buttermilk is on its last legs? It always smells like something the cat threw up.

by Anonymousreply 529June 7, 2020 4:58 AM

R528 Yes, and you should report back here with a pic.

by Anonymousreply 530June 7, 2020 1:40 PM

I'd just like to offer that what they say about using coffee as a substitute for water in chocolate cakes is true. It makes the cake taste much more "chocolatey."

by Anonymousreply 531June 7, 2020 1:45 PM

If you don't want to substitute coffee for the water, you can also just add a tablespoon or so of instant coffee or espresso granules.

by Anonymousreply 532June 7, 2020 3:23 PM

I've been eating baked potatoes with chili (homemade) and sour cream. Gluttony? IDK. It's actually pretty filling, so I don't feel like eating for hours.

by Anonymousreply 533June 7, 2020 3:38 PM

Can anybody recommend an apple crisp recipe? I might make one this week, but I'm looking for a new recipe. 🍏🍎🍏🍎

by Anonymousreply 534June 8, 2020 3:21 AM

R534....Get yourself some Krusteaz, sugar, butter, and apples! Couldn’t be easier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 9, 2020 9:44 PM

I started at 192 pounds and have kept it under 200 pounds since stay-at-home hit. This is a small miracle of sorts, as our diets have shifted to Doritos, tortilla chips, and endless amounts of wine.

I think I am just converting muscle to flab.

Next stop is pre-morbid obesity.

by Anonymousreply 536June 9, 2020 9:46 PM

r534 I tried the Aldi store brand fruit crisp box mix (and added my own apples) and it was really surprisingly good (and easy.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 9, 2020 10:47 PM

I'm hopeless with it comes to onion dip and potato chips.

Here's the thing: make it from a tub of sour cream and an envelope of onion soup mix. The pre-made stuff in a jar isn't the same.

by Anonymousreply 538June 9, 2020 10:54 PM

I just had 2 waffles topped with custard style French vanilla ice cream, but as Edith Piaf would say, non regrette rien!!

by Anonymousreply 539June 9, 2020 11:02 PM

R538 That sounds divine. Stealing that recipe from you!!

by Anonymousreply 540June 9, 2020 11:03 PM

I bought a pint of heavy cream from Gruyères today. One traditionally pours this over plain meringue. I haven't decided yet what to do with my cream. Maybe reduce some fresh cherries and serve with broken chocolate wafers?

by Anonymousreply 541June 9, 2020 11:05 PM

God, that sounds good, r541!

by Anonymousreply 542June 9, 2020 11:11 PM

Definitely the cherries and wafers, R541

by Anonymousreply 543June 9, 2020 11:14 PM

I just found out the recipe for semi home made honey mustard and onion pretzel pieces, so there's that. I've also been binging on Pineapple sherbet.

by Anonymousreply 544June 10, 2020 2:00 AM

I made waffles yesterday to use up some buttermilk. I only made two; I kept the rest of the batter in the fridge. I've never used leftover batter before-- I hope it will be OK.

by Anonymousreply 545June 10, 2020 3:13 AM

R541 make some homemade cherry ice cream!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 10, 2020 3:21 AM

I just made a triple berry cobbler & it’s delicious!

by Anonymousreply 547June 29, 2020 6:29 AM

My post-Covid body is FAT. I'm FAT. Where did my good look go?

SHOCK & DENIAL – You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. The shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

PAIN & GUILT – As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs. You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn’t do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

ANGER & BARGAINING – Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is not a time for the release of bottled-up emotion. You may rail against fate, questioning “Why me?” You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair: “I will never drink again if you just bring him back”!

“DEPRESSION”, REFLECTION, LONELINESS – Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be “talked out of it” by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving. During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

THE UPWARD TURN – As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your “depression” begins to lift slightly.

RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH – As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

ACCEPTANCE & HOPE – During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward. You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your lost loved one without pain. Sadness, yes! But the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living. You have made it through the 7 stages of grief.

by Anonymousreply 548June 29, 2020 7:11 AM

I saw Valerie Bertinelli make Chocolate Malt Ice Cream with Malt Ball Crunch on her TV show and I was so intrigued that I bought all of the ingredients. Gonna try to make it later this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549June 29, 2020 9:28 PM

Did you make it R549?

by Anonymousreply 550July 4, 2020 3:05 AM

Decided to wait until next week as I still have some vanilla ice cream and my freezer is kinda full.

by Anonymousreply 551July 4, 2020 3:07 AM

Oh boy! Just made this fruit cobbler. I had to do it because all my fruit was going to go to waste! It was mostly cherries but with blueberries raspberries and blackberries as well. So freaking good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 18, 2020 5:55 AM

Welp. Back to drinking wine every night and eating whatever comes to mind. Happy holidays!

by Anonymousreply 553November 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Election night I was a wreck and ate almost an entire bag of potato chips, not the "family size", the one just smaller than that, as well as a bottle of red wine. I felt off for a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 554November 26, 2020 1:33 AM

I can eat an ungodly amount of my own homemade queso dip, alfredo sauce, or sausage gravy in one sitting. I've frequently fantasized about sipping them from a mug like hot chocolate. But never have. I can't help it! I cook very well.

R554 I love Grandma Utz Kettle Cooked potato chips with a glass (or a bottle) of Cab Sauv!

by Anonymousreply 555November 26, 2020 3:00 AM

Sometimes when I'm preparing a roast for stew, I also flour and saute some of the large pieces of trimmed beef fat, which I then drizzle in Worcestershire sauce, and consume while crispy and hot.

It's absolutely awful for one's health, so I don't do it often, but it is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 556November 27, 2020 11:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!