Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ELLEN DRAMA

Crew members from Ellen DeGeneres’ long-running daytime talk show are distressed and outraged over their treatment from top producers amid the coronavirus pandemic, numerous insiders affiliated with the series told Variety.

The core stage crew for “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” consisting of more than 30 employees, received no written communication about the status of their working hours, pay, or inquiries about their mental and physical health from producers for over a month, said two sources, both of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity. Higher-ups in production would occasionally answer phone calls but reveal little, added one of the sources. The crew was further incensed by the show’s recent hire of an outside, non-union tech company to help DeGeneres tape remotely from her home in California.

When production executives finally did weigh in, nearly all crew members were told last week to brace for a 60% reduction in pay, even as the show continues to air, according to sources close to the matter.

Confounded, the “Ellen” crew sought information from colleagues on similar shows, many of whom had opposite experiences from theirs, said sources.

“Jimmy Kimmel Live!” stage hands were paid from host Kimmel’s own pocket during initial COVID-19 shutdowns, two insiders familiar with that set told Variety, and since returning to the air network ABC is paying their full rates. “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver,” “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee,” and Showtime’s “Desus & Mero” have also all had transparent communication and are paying full rates, sources said. Spokespersons for those individual shows declined to comment on the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398August 18, 2020 12:06 AM

She is truly a cunt’s cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2020 1:35 AM

Not a surprise.

I’m even sorrier for them than I used to be.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2020 1:35 AM

Ellen is the fakest of the fake. I'm not surprised she treats her crew members so badly. It's all about ellen, no room for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2020 1:37 AM

When are people going to finally stop liking this mean bitch? She’s a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2020 1:38 AM

Somebody has it OUT for this woman and they are getting their revenge.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2020 1:38 AM

I LOOKED UP "FUCKING CUNT" ON GOOGLE AND IT WAS PICTURE AFTER PICTURE OF ELLEN. WHAT A GODDAMNED HYPOCRITE AND NASTY BITCH. EVIL WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2020 1:38 AM

She is over. Officially.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2020 1:40 AM

Confirmation, as if it were needed: Ellen is the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

She should just retire and spend the rest of her days in a basement, kicking the walls and muttering to herself about how she hates everything and everyone.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2020 1:40 AM

She makes Bar Bush look like a humanitarian.

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2020 1:41 AM

She is so vile it truly scares me.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2020 1:42 AM

Yes someone has targeted her. Strange. Maybe it’s a competing talk show. Dr. Phil??

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2020 1:42 AM

On her show tomorrow she’ll act like a victim.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2020 1:43 AM

She’s got enough money to feed a small country, CUNT. Pure and simple. Hope she dies soon so her friend Dubya can give the eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2020 1:46 AM

Wasn't she on twitter last week complaining that the quarantine was like being in prison. Except that you live in a ginormous mansion, bitch, unlike 99% of us.

She lacks any self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote]When are people going to finally stop liking this mean bitch?

When she fires Julius La Rosa on the air.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2020 1:52 AM

One of the comments under the story:

Pages on her show are not allowed to look her in the eye, or address her in the hallway. if they see her in the hall they are told to quickly enter the nearest room so as not to cause her to have to say hello or acknowledge a page in any way.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2020 1:52 AM

What I don't get is her constant effort to be all "Be kind to one another!" on tv and then she's the total opposite in real life. I realize the tv Ellen is a role she plays, and it makes her look good to go on about kindness, but it's weird that she of all people goes on about it so much when she practices it the least of anyone. Like why bother so hard to come across like that on tv and then just not give a shit when the camera stops. It sounds exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2020 1:53 AM

Most celebrities lack self-awareness. They have pools, gyms, theatres, views, and mall-sized houses, and that's the equivalent of prison to them, while the rest of us live in shoe boxes.

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2020 1:55 AM

R14 Even worse, she implied that prison rape makes you gay, which sounds like a statement Ben Carson would make.

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2020 1:58 AM

Please cancel her show. Mean witch.

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2020 1:58 AM

Rosie tried to warn all of you, but you wouldn't listen.

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote]Wasn't she on twitter last week complaining that the quarantine was like being in prison. Except that you live in a ginormous mansion, bitch, unlike 99% of us.

No she said it on her talk show being broadcast from her multi million dollar mansion.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2020 2:05 AM

I am so glad this bitch is getting her comeuppance. I used to like her. I looked up to her as a hero to gays and lesbians but again and again, she has proven to be an absolute witch. That Twitter trend a few weeks ago, all those people telling horrible stories about her, I noticed nobody stood up for her. Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2020 2:05 AM

She's worth hundreds of millions of $$$. She can't float the salaries of her crew until this is over? She wouldn't even miss that money.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2020 2:09 AM

Yup. Ugly inside and out. Not all dogs go to heaven dyke bitch.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2020 2:11 AM

R24 I've wondered about that.

I know that Oprah has a lot more money than Ellen. But, I vaguely recall that Oprah did give some of her staff one year salary after she ended her talk show, if they weren't going to work for OWN.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2020 2:12 AM

I admire a strong woman like Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2020 2:15 AM

[quote]Yes someone has targeted her. Strange. Maybe it’s a competing talk show. Dr. Phil??

Maybe. I also wish his show and Ellen's show would end.

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2020 2:15 AM

Ellen is an abusive drunk. Drunks are selfish and don’t give a shit about the happiness of others. This cunt actually said on national TV that being on lockdown in one of her $40 million mansions was like being in prison. She manipulates lonely unhappy fat housewives to buy whatever dreck she’s being paid to shill, laughing all the way to the bank. She’s an extremely sick woman. A predator.

by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2020 2:17 AM

Elle, Dr. Oz. Can they both be cancelled permanently?

Both garbage human beings.

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2020 2:18 AM

R30 Dr. Phil too.

by Anonymousreply 31April 17, 2020 2:19 AM

This again. Do you fap using Ellen hate as a big black dildo in your gaping man cunts?

by Anonymousreply 32April 17, 2020 2:20 AM

I used to enjoy her show but then got tired of her peddling her own shit for the first 30 minutes every single day. That's all it's about and the feel-good stories and do-gooder acts are just that--acts. I don't need Ellen underwear to make my ass happy.

by Anonymousreply 33April 17, 2020 2:22 AM

Don’t forget her disastrous film debut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 17, 2020 2:27 AM

This freak-on-a-leash's time has come.

by Anonymousreply 35April 17, 2020 2:33 AM

Someone should start #cancelEllen

by Anonymousreply 36April 17, 2020 2:38 AM

PR nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 37April 17, 2020 2:51 AM

I've seen a few of Portia's Instagram posts recently, and I swear she cowers around Ellen, and Ellen looks at her like she's her property. It's awkward.

by Anonymousreply 38April 17, 2020 2:53 AM

R21 what did Rosie say?

by Anonymousreply 39April 17, 2020 2:55 AM

Ellen DeParsimonious

by Anonymousreply 40April 17, 2020 2:58 AM

I don't care about Ellen one way or the other, BUT all these "unnamed" and "anonymous sources" don't seem very credible.

by Anonymousreply 41April 17, 2020 3:01 AM

If these stories about her are indeed true. Then she deserves the bad karma. Nothing worse than people that put up that over the top love, love, love. Only to find out they are monsters. Dr. Phil, we know is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 42April 17, 2020 3:02 AM

I was wondering; is she a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 43April 17, 2020 3:09 AM

wow. it's one thing for that comic guy whoever he was put something on twitter about people telling horror stories.

variety's doing it?

Wow. Celebs should turn down bookings.

The woman has GOT to be crazy or bipolar.

Be kind to one another?

She has blinders on. Or she's split personality.

by Anonymousreply 44April 17, 2020 3:10 AM

Ellen is a nasty, mean lesbian, plain and simple. A poor example for young lesbians out there.

by Anonymousreply 45April 17, 2020 3:11 AM

Union-busting won't make her unpopular with above the line folks.

by Anonymousreply 46April 17, 2020 3:12 AM

Long before I heard any of these stories about Ellen I started getting a really, really bad vibe from watching her. I truly believed she was nasty as hell. Even when she's attempting to be nice. She has the most evil face. As the years have gone by, her eyes have turned into this fixed icy stare. She looks exactly like Medusa from Clash of the Titans.

Also, you can see that Portia De Rossi is having more and more work done to her face. What exactly is Ellen saying to her to make her feel she needs to have this cosmetic surgery? She had really strong bone structure and would have been one of those women who got more striking the older she got. She must be incredibly insecure to think she needs to mess about with her face like this.

I hope more of these stories about Ellen come out and then the evil cunt is thrown off the TV and we don't see her again. Society has got to stop rewarding these lunatics with multi million dollar careers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 17, 2020 3:26 AM

Isn't Ellen drama redundant?

by Anonymousreply 48April 17, 2020 3:34 AM

R30 R31 I think Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil are still backed up by Oprah. So, they might around for years to come.

I can tolerate Oz, but Phil is such a fucking asshole. I would say he's worse than Ellen D.

by Anonymousreply 49April 17, 2020 4:07 AM

R49, Apparently, Dr. Oz went on Fox TV and said that kids should all be back in school despite the virus and yes, there might end up being a 2-3% death rate amongst them. He later apologized for his comments.

All these TV hosts are vapid and clueless.

by Anonymousreply 50April 17, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote]Pages on her show are not allowed to look her in the eye, or address her in the hallway. if they see her in the hall they are told to quickly enter the nearest room so as not to cause her to have to say hello or acknowledge a page in any way.

Yep, my friend made it exactly 1 day checking in guests for Ellen's show. She absentmindedly greeted Ellen as she walked by and was told to go take her lunch break and not to return.

by Anonymousreply 51April 17, 2020 4:21 AM

Wasn't she also a hated figure in the New Orleans lady-ham scene?

by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2020 4:24 AM

The top question I wanted to ask a celeb was asking marky mark if he ever made restitution to the man whose eye he took out; now, it'd be to Ellen: how do you reconcile all these stories, and it's not just one or two stories, with your 'be kind to one another' policy?

by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2020 4:36 AM

R47 I remember when her show first started in my country, to great fanfare.

I watched it, and she put a black woman into a contained shower, and made her grab the cash that was blown into the contained space. It played, to me, very much like 'They Shoot Horses, Don't They?'

Never laked her since then.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2020 4:46 AM

she 'misses' scaring people.

don't worry, Ellen; you still scare people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2020 4:49 AM

There is something creepy about her, like there was with Cosby before he was outed as a sociopath. America's Favorite Dyke in public; sadistic control freak behind the scenes. She keeps escalating. If not for her fame, she’d probably be running a torture house attraction where guests are fake-kidnapped, waterboarded, forced to eat live vermin, spit on and punched while all “safe words” are ignored.

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2020 5:13 AM

One of the worst people ever.

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2020 5:18 AM

She is insanely creepy R56. What people see in here is mystifying.

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2020 5:39 AM

Does she have a big clit?

by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2020 6:25 AM

Never really believed any of this (Ellen is mean) stuff, but "Variety" writing that story kinda legitimizes all of those whispers that have been going back and forth as of late.

I've always liked Ellen. I think she has demons, something's going on with her inwardly. I hope she finds peace within.

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2020 6:49 AM

Ellen reminds me of Johnny Carson, a nice and jovial public persona but in reality a mean and nasty alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2020 6:50 AM

She reminds me of closeted gays who scream the loudest about how evil homosexuality is, and then are revealed to be on the down low, r17.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2020 6:54 AM

The other Ellen is coming after her and her show!

[quote] Now, a Change.org petition is calling for the comic to be fired from her job and replaced with a different Ellen.

[quote] Tales of the City actress Ellen Page.

[quote]“Ellen Page is a much better Ellen to host The Ellen Show,” the petition reads. “Ellen DeGeneres is a hetero that just happens to be gay. Ellen Page is a much better host because she’s way more gay.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2020 6:56 AM

If she is evil incarnate, how does she keep a staff? More likely she is a tolerable if mean and greedy cunt. Portia could have walked years ago and with millions. Meany Ellen isn't forcing Portia to butcher her face. Portia has always had body dysmorphia. I like to be a contrarian and therefore I say I don't mind Ellen or Andy Cohen, the other success you tiresome nellies just adore to hate. I'm not huge fan. I don't watch daytime talk shows. Only dumb twat cunty homos have time and taste for that. And my 85 year old mother. I thought Ellen's standup last year was funny.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2020 6:56 AM

Ellen must be doing something right. Because people are hating on her furiously.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2020 7:00 AM

I think Ellen has never forgiven the world how it treated her after she came out. She pretends like she left that all behind a long time ago, but there is this anger and resentment bubbling under the surface and sometimes you catch glimpses of it when she pulls all these mean pranks with that "finally I can express my anger!" glee on her face. But then Hollywood, and the world in general, is full of phonies with anger management issues who can't get over things from their past.

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2020 7:02 AM

She’s hideous. Poor Portia. I suspect she’s abused. Remember in that ridiculous and unbearable speech Ellen gave at the Globes this year she did not even mention Portias name once. Not even a thank you.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2020 7:07 AM

Plus she has a total lesbian accent. She doesn’t open her mouth when she talks. She looks like her hermie the dentist.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2020 7:07 AM

R64 Hi Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2020 7:17 AM

I really believe Ellen is a billionaire. She has to be. Talk shows are huge $ generators, and she's been on the air for nearly 20 years at this point. It's just like Tyler Perry, billionaire. But it just hasn't been reported yet. You don't get to have a Movie Studio the size of his without having some serious money in the bank.

Those two are definitely unnamed billionaires in my opinion.

They have to be.

by Anonymousreply 70April 17, 2020 7:21 AM

[quote]If she is evil incarnate, how does she keep a staff?

Super-intelligence, charisma, good looks, raw sex appeal, and numerous hungry whores waiting in line to replace any disgruntled LOSER she’s made the mistake of appointing... I mean - HIRING.

by Anonymousreply 71April 17, 2020 7:36 AM

"Only the best people."

by Anonymousreply 72April 17, 2020 7:50 AM

R55 wonder how she managed to get the right lighting to hide her deep, deep wrinkles that she has without breaking lockdown rules. The ass kisser in the background laughing at everything she said was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 73April 17, 2020 9:49 AM

I can sense the protection of her public image is now in free fall. What is interesting is it's happening. Let's be honest, plenty of us know that many very high profile people are just plain nasty. There is another thread going on here about sociopaths and psychopaths. Ellen (plus a lot of other famous people) would fit into this category. Sociopaths have the sheer hard faced aggression to carve a career in Hollywood and destroy anyone who threatens their position. Had we been having this conversation about Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby 10 years ago, many people would have been coming forward (as they are in this thread) stating these men couldn't be truly evil. Whilst others would be adamant they were. The majority opinion is usually correct.

Once a profile sociopathic finally starts to fall from grace, you can sense it a mile off. This is starting to happen with Ellen, because we are starting to hear about her behaviour in mainstream media (not just forums like this). In Hollywood, so many walls are placed up around these sociopathic monsters you cannot get to the real them. PR companies, agents, publicists, media experts are all on the payroll. So the moment the negative stories leak out, they are counter balanced and neutralised by two or three positive stories,. Generally, 90% of people are then too scared to speak out, so the sociopaths abusive behaviour goes rewarded for years.

However, when credible source accounts start appearing steadily, it's like bricks being pulled out of a wall. As more and more stories appear, more and more bricks are removed until that wall comes crashing down. When this is happening, it means the publicity machine has moved away from the sociopath. They have done something and gone too far and now this former client protection has switched into self protection. The agents, publicists, PR's etc don't want to (later on) be accused of attempting to white wash or cover up truly bad behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 74April 17, 2020 10:18 AM

What a lesbian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 17, 2020 10:36 AM

I had never see one of her shows or stand up acts or talk shows, so I was was only aware of who she was, but not really what she was. The first time I saw her, then, was then she went to the store with Michelle Obama -- a CVS or something -- in which she took brea delight in making people feel uncomfortable, and doing it in a way that made it look like it was all one big joke. I had never seen anything as mean spirited, and Michelle was clearly uncomfortable, and that has tempered my view of Ellen since then. She's the nasty, rude person who is mean, but pretends it is a joke She clearly has issues, and I have not watched a single thing of hers since then

by Anonymousreply 76April 17, 2020 10:39 AM

So let me get this straight, her show is still on the air, producing the same income for the show as always yet because she is broadcasting at home she's not paying the production crew?

by Anonymousreply 77April 17, 2020 10:49 AM

Why the hell is Portia doing anything to her face? She was pretty. Ellen face looks like dog shit. Old and crusty.

by Anonymousreply 78April 17, 2020 11:36 AM

R77 Yes that's absolutely correct. Whilst other shows are doing the same thing, the crews are still being paid. However, Ellen's production crew are not receiving the money, yet the show is still generating the same income as it is remaining on the air.

by Anonymousreply 79April 17, 2020 11:52 AM

Instead of doing 'comedy' at home, pay your employees you rich bitch!

by Anonymousreply 80April 17, 2020 12:01 PM

I haven't seen her show when she's been broadcasting from home yet. Has she shown the basement Portia is forced to sleep in yet?

by Anonymousreply 81April 17, 2020 12:07 PM

Boy George will be on to chat about home dungeons.

by Anonymousreply 82April 17, 2020 12:10 PM

I have tuned it a bit since she started doing her show from home. That guy, Andy, must really need the money or she has some dirt on him. He shouldn't be forced to stand outside her home for the entire show!

by Anonymousreply 83April 17, 2020 12:15 PM

[quote] I like to be a contrarian and therefore I say I don't mind Ellen or Andy Cohen, the other success you tiresome nellies just adore to hate. I'm not huge fan. I don't watch daytime talk shows. Only dumb twat cunty homos have time and taste for that. And my 85 year old mother. I thought Ellen's standup last year was funny.

I agree with this. Ok, she's a cunt. Who cares? The few times I've seen her on tv she has had a great tv persona. I don't give a rat's ass about Hollywood drama or entertainment culture. There are far more evil employers in the world.

by Anonymousreply 84April 17, 2020 12:16 PM

R64 She doesn't keep a staff. Her show has an infamously high turnover rate.

by Anonymousreply 85April 17, 2020 12:20 PM

Kathy Griffin still banned from appearing?

by Anonymousreply 86April 17, 2020 12:55 PM

[quote]I think Ellen has never forgiven the world how it treated her after she came out

This. Or something like it. Nursing a longtime grudge.

Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump.

The mark of a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 87April 17, 2020 12:58 PM

I have nothing but love for my fellow gay men but I can't stand dykes (especially Ellen)

by Anonymousreply 88April 17, 2020 1:54 PM

Interesting tidbit from Wikipedia:

[quote]2007 Writers Guild strike[edit] DeGeneres, a member of the Writers Guild of America, supported the 2007 writers' strike.[18] However, on November 9, 2007, DeGeneres crossed the picket line to tape more episodes of her TV show stating:

“ It was explained to me that no other daytime shows have shut down. I've got 135 employees that rely on me for a paycheck. But it's been the hardest thing in the world driving onto this lot" DeGeneres decided to abstain from doing a monologue on her show (which is typically written by WGA writers) during the strike.[19] Her show continued production as normal with the exception of her monologue being omitted. The WGAE issued a statement condemning DeGeneres, stating she was "not welcome in NY."[20] DeGeneres's representatives asserted that she did not violate the WGA's agreement, arguing that she is competing with other first-run syndicated shows like Dr. Phil and Live with Regis and Kelly during the competitive November sweeps period, and that DeGeneres must fulfill her duties as host and producer, lest her show lose its time slot or be held in breach of contract. In addition, a statement defending DeGeneres was subsequently issued by AFTRA, pointing out that DeGeneres also works under the AFTRA TV Code, which bars her from striking. The WGAE then issued a response pointing out that DeGeneres is also a Writers Guild member, and that any writing work she did on her show during the strike constituted struck work.

The writers strike started 11/05 so it isn't like she hemmed and hawed over this.

Makes me dislike her even more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 17, 2020 2:15 PM

She really is an evil bitch from hell. She fired her longtime writer/“friend” who wouldn’t cross the picket line during the writers strike. A total demon. The reddit thread on this is getting good-lots of tea being spilled.

by Anonymousreply 90April 17, 2020 3:03 PM

Maybe I should rethink my good opinion of David Spade, then, since they seem to be such close genuine friends. Spade seems fundamentally decent and nice and personable, if somewhat bitchy and negative and cynical at times like most comedians. He certainly doesn’t seem the type to suffer hags gladly, so what gives?

Is this really top-notch acting, because Spade can play the game like a champ? Or is it a case of birds-of-a-feather, or “you can’t make new old friends?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 17, 2020 3:20 PM

Oprah shared a magazine cover with her an honor she only extended to Michelle Obama and Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 92April 17, 2020 3:48 PM

This tweet is very true.

First trip to Canter's or the New Beverly, first Ellen nightmare story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 17, 2020 4:08 PM

Well, there are lots of reasons why she'd be angry. And as gay people, we should understand.

Her stepfather molested her. In high school, she realized she was different from everyone else, but not in a good way. (Remember the panic of potentially having your secret exposed? Most people over 30 do.) When she came out as gay, her father disowned her and wouldn't allow her to be around her half-sisters. When she was a young adult, her partner died in a car accident; Ellen actually drove past the scene of the car accident without realizing her girlfriend had been involved.

Then she works her butt off on the stand-up circuit and listens to other comedians tell "dyke" jokes before Ellen takes the stage. She gets a TV show, and a large number of people start screaming at her, "Come out of the closet; we know you're gay. Tell the truth!". And these people aren't all gay people; some of them are conservatives. Others are people like Howard Stern, who just want to be able to say "See, she's gay. I TOLD you so!". She comes out of the closet, starts incorporating some gay themes into her show, and then people yell "Shut up! We don't want to hear about it. Stop shoving it down our throats!" Then she loses the show. Getting fired in public is humiliating, no matter how the network spins it.

Then she doesn't work much for a few years. Finally she gets the talk show, which turns out to be a hit. She gets a sponsorship for JC Penney. Then a group calling itself "a million moms" publicly tells JC Penney to fire her because she's gay. It's the ultimate mean-girl high-school bullying behavior, but it's played out in front of the entire world.

It's exhausting to remember and type. It must have been even more exhausting to have lived it. So, maybe she's a bad boss. She's not as bad as Rosie or Roseanne Barr, screaming at employees in front of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 94April 17, 2020 4:24 PM

Hey lay off my new bestie Ellen, she's held and played with Archie when she came to visit me and Harry last year at Frogmore Cottage. You cunts are just jelly misogynists who can't stand bossy, greedy women.

by Anonymousreply 95April 17, 2020 4:49 PM

We all have hardships but Ellen went on to win the life lottery. I can't feel that sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 96April 17, 2020 4:57 PM

I once had sex with Ellen, she insisted on being called Hellen. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 97April 17, 2020 5:03 PM

If this is true, I'd love to see someone like Rosie come in and pay all her crew! She was a genuine talk show host who care of her people.

by Anonymousreply 98April 17, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote] What I don't get is her constant effort to be all "Be kind to one another!" on tv and then she's the total opposite in real life

Beware--people who say things out loud or on their profiles like "be kind to one another" or "I'm a nice person" are NEVER that. At all. It's the equivalent of someone bragging "I am a really humble guy"--no, you really aren't.

by Anonymousreply 99April 17, 2020 5:06 PM

TV Ellen, Comedienne Ellen, is a character. The real Ellen is much darker and jaded and haunted by tons of demons. But, she's also probably been burned by a bunch of people and prefers not to engage with anyone outside of certain celebrities and the people she feels she can trust. I don't have any opinion one way or the other about her staff being paid during the pandemic, because they don't work for Ellen they work for Telepictures, right? Oprah owned her show? Does Ellen own any part of her show?

by Anonymousreply 100April 17, 2020 5:08 PM

Ellen should publicly advocate for them to be paid. Or she could pay them out of her own pocket like Jimmy Kimmel, who I'm sure is making far less money than she is. They didn't ask for this. Step up to the plate and do the right thing.

And spare me with the hardship BS. That doesn't give you a right to treat every single person like shit. There are people who have gone through just as much if not worse hardships and don't have the luxury of being wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 101April 17, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] Oprah shared a magazine cover with her an honor she only extended to Michelle Obama and Gayle King.

They have history. Oprah played the therapist in the coming out two parter, The Puppy, from her Ellen sitcom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 17, 2020 5:18 PM

Honestly, she was fairly lucky in her sitcom career. She had a bit part on "Open House" as a receptionist. Then her first self-titled sitcom, which lasted a few years, but for the most part, sucked. There were a few decent episodes, but there were several major cast changes and after she came out the episodes were really bad. Let's see Ellen buy a house, apply for a Home Depot card, and find a partner was the crux of it. Her second self-titled sitcom sucked as well. Don't blame America for your boring shows.

She had three chances at sitcoms. She should be grateful for all the success she's had with the talk show and be very thankful to those who made her what she is.

by Anonymousreply 103April 17, 2020 5:29 PM

She complained to a restaurant owner because her server had chipped nail polish. The woman almost got fired. Ellen's behavior confirms every negative thing anyone has said about Lesbyterians.

by Anonymousreply 104April 17, 2020 5:36 PM

Ellen gave the side eye to a valet at a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 105April 17, 2020 5:36 PM

Ellen butt in line at a coffee shop.

by Anonymousreply 106April 17, 2020 5:37 PM

I heard she has mean thoughts about neighbors' pets.

by Anonymousreply 107April 17, 2020 5:38 PM

I've never enjoyed her talk show. She's always come across as phony, aggressive, materialistic, and tragically unfunny. That said, I did enjoy the sitcom. I saw the episodes leading up to her coming out, but never the coming out itself. The supporting cast was terrible for the most part (Jeremy Piven always seemed like a jerk), still it was refreshing to see mainstream fiction where the main character was clearly gay. This just wasn't done then, in the mid-1990s. It's too bad the follow-up was such a lame talk show. She doesn't seem like a friendly person, and outside of the gay issue, everything about her is conservative.

by Anonymousreply 108April 17, 2020 5:43 PM

A friend of my cousin's ex-boyfriend worked at Ellen and she tripped him in the hall and blamed it on one of her assistants, a POC. The assistant had a nervous breakdown and Ellen made sure she never worked in Hollywood again. Meanwhile, the guy chipped a tooth and Ellen just laughed. She laughed and laughed and laughed.

by Anonymousreply 109April 17, 2020 5:43 PM

"I am so glad this bitch is getting her comeuppance."

But, is she?

by Anonymousreply 110April 17, 2020 5:51 PM

Her staff got a pay cut, but the flying monkeys who post cute anecdotes to mitigate the situation by mocking her detractors are still gainfully employed.

“Ellen snuck into the 10 item express lane with 11 items! MARY!” That’s the ELLEN they want us to see.

by Anonymousreply 111April 17, 2020 5:54 PM

Ellen gets off on torturing people. Scaring people. Sending people into stores to harass minimum wage earning retail workers. She also has to “one up” all of her guests. Not to mention all her dog stories. She’s an evil, evil woman whose downfall is WAY overdue. She’s also an evil slum lord type con artist when it comes to real estate. She’ll buy something for $15 million and then 6 months later try and sell it for $30 million. Evil bitch.

by Anonymousreply 112April 17, 2020 5:56 PM

I do wonder why the heat is on Ellen all of a sudden? Her being mean has been discussed for a decade now. It sure can't be just because she was photographed with GWB, jr? I mean, the Obamas are on good terms with the Bush family, too.

She has a segment in her Netflix stand up show about her being relatable which is quite interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 17, 2020 5:56 PM

The Curse of Celestia.

by Anonymousreply 114April 17, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote]She’s hideous. Poor Portia. I suspect she’s abused

Wasn't there some gossip blind item that hinted at that some years back?

by Anonymousreply 115April 17, 2020 6:13 PM

R113 I think this was an outgrowth of #metoo - not that Ellen was molesting her interns, but mentally abusing employees and treating them like peons. When people start collectively sharing experiences more and more victims come out... it’s the snowball effect.

by Anonymousreply 116April 17, 2020 6:14 PM

Remember that episode of MODERN FAMILY where Claire said that when she laughed at Phil’s jokes, her eyes weren’t laughing? That’s what Ellen does...her eyes don’t laugh. Even when she’s telling her own jokes.

by Anonymousreply 117April 17, 2020 6:20 PM

Wasn't there a blind that said that Ellen is the one cheating with men, not former-heterosexual Portia?

by Anonymousreply 118April 17, 2020 6:22 PM

Would someone please post a link to the juicy Reddit thread?

by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2020 6:24 PM

R116 I recall that around sometime after the #metoo movement got started some stories of bullying and emotional abuse in the entertainment industry got attention for awhile . Bijou Phillips was called out on bullying people on film sets and Mandy Patikin was called out for shitty behavior.

I remember some reddit thread about nice or mean celebrities. Ellen was mentioned on that thread. There was a person who claimed to have been a crew member on The Office and he/she said John Krasinksi and Jenna Fischer were total assholes on the set. Before that I always got a phony vibe from Krasinski and Fischer. The reddit poster might have been lying. But lately, I get a Ellen type vibe from Krasinksi. He knows fraus love him since The Office and so he plays up the phony everyday nice guy for them.

by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2020 6:36 PM

These threads make me roll my eyes so much I get headaches. "Ellen can be mean!" Yeah, so what? Lots of people are "mean". And the examples make it even more cringey -- you'd think she was killing baby animals and punching infants from the way some of you MARY's are talking. Nope it's just "she looks mean!" Or "someone that knows someone that knows someone worked there and Ellen didn't want to say hi!"

Work at a real job and you'll find out the boss doesn't kiss employees asses. Relatives in LA are telling me their bosses are doing the same thing with pay, and wealthy ones at that. There's way more nasty people out there truly abusing other people, focus on them for once.

Oh yeah I forgot, she's not only a woman, but a lesbo, so burn the witch. I agree with the one comment about Bush as well -- it got the extreme leftists in a tizzy fit over calling out liberals that aren't good enough -- and I say this as a Dem.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2020 6:44 PM

R121 is Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 122April 17, 2020 6:50 PM

R121 Is exactly what I referred to in R111. Give that person a raise, Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 123April 17, 2020 6:54 PM

She clearly hates doing the talk show and is over it, but as you can tell from the recent episodes, needs the attention and adoration.

Talk shows are a hard gig to maintain for so many years. Especially if you have to put on an act for the cameras. Rosie was in a similar situation but was smart and bailed early on the moment it started becoming too much. She could what Carson did and do two weeks out of the month and have the other two assigned to a rotating guests hosts. It's not like she works during the summer.

by Anonymousreply 124April 17, 2020 6:54 PM

Is it true she’s a drunk? Alcoholics tend to get stuck at the age they started using, but she gets away with it because she looks good for her age (despite the alleged drinking.)

When she popped up at the camera in that remote and yelled “BOO” - that was just disturbing. A 60-something stuck in adolescence, and if she actually looked her age it would really be JARRING.

by Anonymousreply 125April 17, 2020 7:21 PM

Where's the reddit thread ?

by Anonymousreply 126April 17, 2020 7:23 PM

Ellen tripped me and I fell, and never found out who did it, but I found out she laughed at me. It's a cute story.

by Anonymousreply 127April 17, 2020 8:08 PM

Lesbian drama!

by Anonymousreply 128April 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Today she announced a million dollar gift to charity, even though she said she normally likes to stay private about her giving.

by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2020 8:10 PM

Is she still carrying a torch for Anne Heche?

by Anonymousreply 130April 17, 2020 8:10 PM

She torched her.

by Anonymousreply 131April 17, 2020 8:13 PM

Reddit thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 17, 2020 8:13 PM

To me it's rather strange that it's usually women who are the crazy difficult cut-throat ones while male celebrities are men just being men when they are jerks. Except when the men are gay, then they are unhinged drama queens.

Even successful individuals belonging to a so-called minority group have to prove themselves every new day and in every new project no matter how successful the previous one was. And the straight men can have flops after flops and their success from a decade ago still gives them some clout in Hollywood. No wonder some these women and gay men get paranoid and suffer from anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 133April 17, 2020 8:26 PM

Link please, R129?

by Anonymousreply 134April 17, 2020 8:51 PM

" I am a private person who doesn't like to show off but I JUST GAVE AWAY 1 MILLION TO A CHARITY IN MY NAME. SEE HOW GREAT I AM!?".

by Anonymousreply 135April 17, 2020 8:55 PM

This falls squarely on Ellen's shoulders. Many times bragging on her show about how she's the boss and doesn't answer to anyone.

I doubt she'll even address this. She usually ignores any negative media attention, and continues to make her money.

by Anonymousreply 136April 17, 2020 8:58 PM

Thanks r132 !

by Anonymousreply 137April 17, 2020 9:01 PM

R134, I don’t have a link. I’m just reporting what was said on today’s show. I don’t know what day it was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 138April 17, 2020 9:04 PM

She is definitely a drunk. She told a story on air how she fell going into the house from “two glasses” of wine. She had to explain it because she was in a sling. There’s a lot more where that came from. Anyone who has dealt with an alcoholic can recognize it in her behavior. There’s LOTS of stories about her being a falling down mess as parties.

by Anonymousreply 139April 17, 2020 9:08 PM

Would that charity she donated to happen to be Recovering, Abused Wives of Daytime Entertainment Autocratic Lesbians (RAWDEAL)?

by Anonymousreply 140April 17, 2020 9:14 PM

Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Quit Daytime TV

I read other stories like this when Ellen did her $25 million Netflix stand up. Portia thought she could do one standup a year at that price and not have to do the talk show grind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 17, 2020 9:32 PM

They are hardly talking about Ellen on that thread R132

by Anonymousreply 142April 17, 2020 9:39 PM

This is such a Troll Thread. I worked in Hollywood and there is no scuttlebutt behind the scenes about Ellen personally. I would have heard about it. What I do know, is that her show has been hell to work on. There is a lot of pressure and stress to put on a daily talk show. (Though they shoot 5 shows in 3 days) But the stress and shitty treatment come from her Producers and Executive Producers. Not her personally. She has little to do with the crew or the machinations of the daily grind there. She is either in her office or on set. The crew is busy doing their jobs. She's not socializing with them, either. It's the same in every film and tv set. Talent stays over there/ crew stays over here.

If you were on the crew, it is unlikely you could get close enough to cozy up to her. Assistants are buffers between the talent and crew. So whenever I see these nasty rumors about her I roll my eyes. The people in Hollywood who perpetuate these rumors are JEALOUS stand up comics! All comics are assholes, especially MALE comics and she knows they are! So, if she snubs a comic who wants a selfie with her, it's because she knows he's a clout chaser and only wants a selfie to exploit it!!! She's not dumb. Comics are notorious for being resentful of other comics success.

by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2020 9:55 PM

She PAYS you to post here, Portia??????

by Anonymousreply 144April 17, 2020 9:57 PM

That is not true R143. There have been plenty of people that have commented how great an actor was to work with. I've heard many stories of actors treating the crew with great respect.

by Anonymousreply 145April 17, 2020 9:59 PM

There is no way there is this much smoke and no fire R143.

It was widely know for years about Weinstein but people just put up with it.

Everyone knew Sheen was batshit crazy but he worked on a highly successful show for years.

by Anonymousreply 146April 17, 2020 10:01 PM

It’s not just behind the scenes. There’s plenty of nastiness ON CAMERA, with guests. The scares. The humiliation. The bullying. Like when she pressured Mariah Carey into revealing her pregnancy by offering her a glass of booze after Carey denied the rumors. Toxic hag.

by Anonymousreply 147April 17, 2020 10:13 PM

Let's not forgive the blanket absolution she gives to straight celebrities, as if she was the entire gay community.

by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2020 10:18 PM

r146. The smoke is made by the internet and the fire is made by jealous people.

This is a fake story. Ellen is not responsible for calling every member of the crew and giving them an update. And all the crew have the EP's phone numbers and emails, if they want to know what is going on!!! If you knew the way things worked, you would see this is fake.

by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2020 10:18 PM

R147

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2020 10:19 PM

R148, what do you want her to do, to chastise them on her program for being straight?

by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2020 10:20 PM

Her name is on the show, she gets the millions, if the crew is unhappy she should step in. The buck stops at the top remember or are you a Trumpster?

by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2020 10:21 PM

R133 you are totally right.

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2020 10:23 PM

R135, oh yes! She is so evil for giving away 1 million of her own money. Evil, evil witch

by Anonymousreply 154April 17, 2020 10:24 PM

I see her publicists are out in full force, finally

by Anonymousreply 155April 17, 2020 10:24 PM

R131, that wishy-washy idiot deserved to be torched and more. She gave gay and bisexual women an awful image

by Anonymousreply 156April 17, 2020 10:26 PM

We don't have a link that she actually did that R154 and there are times when we hear the show is giving away xyz and it is actually a sponsor.

by Anonymousreply 157April 17, 2020 10:26 PM

R156, Anne Heche is a perfect example of all bisexual women.

by Anonymousreply 158April 17, 2020 10:28 PM

R121, or raping women like Weinstein, but I didn't see any of these losers on the thread tearing their hair out when that was the case. They were all on Harvey's side. Pathetic people.

by Anonymousreply 159April 17, 2020 10:31 PM

For those of you complaining that Ellen is the victim of a double-standard: imagine the outrage if a MALE talk show host were to treat female guests as disrespectfully as Ellen does. Men are her buddies.

by Anonymousreply 160April 17, 2020 10:32 PM

Newsflash R160, where have you been all these years. That's what has been happening; men treating women like shit in the tv studios and behind the scenes. And unlike Ellen, men are the proper bullies who always get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 161April 17, 2020 10:44 PM

Not any more, R161.

by Anonymousreply 162April 17, 2020 10:52 PM

R162, just a few Weinsteins, Epsteins and Cosbys and it will be back to 'normal'.

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2020 11:02 PM

I never watched her show, and never bought into her being called the “queen of nice.” Never believed she was that nice.

by Anonymousreply 164April 17, 2020 11:05 PM

Rosie was called the Queen of nice R164.

by Anonymousreply 165April 17, 2020 11:07 PM

R163 Who better to normalize women in entertainment being bullied and demeaned than a woman who endorses it herself?

by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]Pages on her show are not allowed to look her in the eye, or address her in the hallway. if they see her in the hall they are told to quickly enter the nearest room so as not to cause her to have to say hello or acknowledge a page in any way.

Ugh, who would put with that sh-t from Miss Highness?

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2020 11:09 PM

Well, Julia Roberts and Reese Witherspoon were both considered America's Sweethearts at different times, so....

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2020 11:10 PM

R166 I'm not endorsing it, I'm lamenting this state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2020 11:13 PM

R167, are you pally-pally with the CEO of your company?

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2020 11:13 PM

Not being pals with the CEO is one thing. But a CEO averting their gaze from you like you’re a scene in a horror movie is just plain WEIRD.

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2020 11:19 PM

It seems like a lot of the money and things she gives away are donations from corporations and companies that do it for the advertising. Every time I have seen one of those viral video giveaways, it ends with one of those mondo checks from some company—not from Ellen. I don’t watch the show so I might be wrong. Is she the really philanthropic with her own money?

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2020 11:23 PM

R172, she gives me one dollar bill to play with in my cell.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2020 11:25 PM

Portia is way too good for Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 174April 17, 2020 11:25 PM

Shouldn't it be Ellen supporting Portia in her career and not Portia supporting Ellen in her career? Under certain circumstances I can see someone putting their career on hold, but not in that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 175April 17, 2020 11:29 PM

R171, that's common corporate office etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2020 11:35 PM

What career does Portia have?

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote]And the straight men can have flops after flops and their success from a decade ago still gives them some clout in Hollywood.

Ben Affleck is the perfect example of this. And he's also a raging alkie who's been shit drunk in public (and on camera in interviews) a number of times. None of that affects his standing in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2020 11:36 PM

She use to have one R177.

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2020 11:37 PM

R179, she used to have one..., she used to have one....I have always suspected that Portia pretends to be gay. Portia hit it big when she found Ellen. She is her claim to fame, otherwise she would have just been another struggling unremarkable actress like the many in HW.

by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2020 11:40 PM

R143 = Ellen, drinking.

by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2020 11:43 PM

What company do you work for R176? I've passed my CEO in the hall (of a Fortune 5 company). I don't say, "well how do you do Mr. Scrooge McDuck?", but I certainly don't cower in the corner and avert my gaze.

by Anonymousreply 182April 17, 2020 11:44 PM

R182, you are just lying, dear. If you work for a fortune 5 company, you would know that when you pass your CEO in the corridor he (most of the times it's a he) would ignore you and not know who you are or does not give a fuck who you are. Now, some damsel in distress up-thread is going bonkers because Ellen like any CEO doesn't know who she is and does not show any interest. That is the reality of work. Unless you are management or one of the people who make things happen, there is no need to interact with you in any way

by Anonymousreply 183April 17, 2020 11:54 PM

Of course he ignores me R183. I don't know him.

He does not however, expect me to not make eye contact, and never has it been passed down to me to "avoid making eye contact".

by Anonymousreply 184April 17, 2020 11:57 PM

R181, why? Because she's talking sense instead of the nonsense you spout?

by Anonymousreply 185April 17, 2020 11:57 PM

R184, why would you want to make eye contact like a puppy dog and catch the attention of someone who does not care you exist? Do you have such low self-esteem? How old are you , seven?

by Anonymousreply 186April 18, 2020 12:00 AM

The Mean Star who Demands No Eye Contact is a classic obsession of petty little miserable show biz stans.

by Anonymousreply 187April 18, 2020 12:01 AM

R182 and R184 is perfectly rational and normal. I don’t know why some troll is goading him.

by Anonymousreply 188April 18, 2020 12:01 AM

I feel bad for Portia, Ellen has her bony fingers wrapped around her and won’t let go. Hopefully Ellen will have a nasty accident one day when she’s drunk off her ass and Portia can finally write that tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 189April 18, 2020 12:05 AM

R188 I'm surprised you are able to type in a straightjacket

by Anonymousreply 190April 18, 2020 12:06 AM

R189, what tell-all of how she was a nobody and pretended to be a lesbian to become famous and rich by using Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 191April 18, 2020 12:07 AM

Portia has been married to Ellen for almost 12 years. If they divorced she would get quite a money. Maybe they are just codependent on one another.

by Anonymousreply 192April 18, 2020 12:12 AM

*quite a bit of money

by Anonymousreply 193April 18, 2020 12:18 AM

I think anyone who sits atop a major organization, (Talk show Fortune 500 company etc) should get to know their employees. Why would you not want to get to know the people who help to make the ship move?

It's just like essential workers right now. You never know how important these people truly are until the shit hits the fan and you realize their the people who help keep this country running, while everyone else is sitting on their asses.

There's no fortune 500 company without employees, and there's no show without a crew and a behind the scenes operation which is comprised of people. And without those people a TV show at least not a high quality one, isn't possible. And that means no multi million dollar pay days for the host of that talk show either.

Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of you.

by Anonymousreply 194April 18, 2020 12:23 AM

It should be common courtesy to acknowledge someone when you pass each other in the corridor. A brief nod can suffice, maybe even crack a brief smile for an underling who makes you look good on paper. Nobody expects anyone to stop and have an actual conversation with a higher up.

by Anonymousreply 195April 18, 2020 12:28 AM

Not in today's environment R195. My grandfather went to work for a company and ended up buying it. When times got tough, 1929, his workers stood by him and he stood by them. There was a mutual respect. He made it his business to know his employees and their family.

by Anonymousreply 196April 18, 2020 12:32 AM

Saddest Ellen moment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 18, 2020 12:39 AM

That jail comment really bit her on the ass. Pretty damaging.

by Anonymousreply 198April 18, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote]...oh yes! She is so evil for giving away 1 million of her own money. Evil, evil witch.

Jeff Bezos donated $98 million to the homeless last year, so your point is... ?

by Anonymousreply 199April 18, 2020 12:50 AM

According to Youtuber NikkieTutorials

Ellen never greeted her before the interview and that the host was "cold" and "distant."

I got greeted by an angry intern, who was a bit overworked.

"Every guest at Ellen had a private toilet, but I didn't. I couldn't even use the closest toilet to me, because it was reserved for the Jonas Brothers... They were allowed, I wasn't, I thought. Even though looking back, my interview got 8 million views, while theirs only got 2 million. Ha!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 18, 2020 1:14 AM

I'm guessing she won't be back to Ellen's anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 201April 18, 2020 1:16 AM

[quote]I feel bad for Portia, Ellen has her bony fingers wrapped around her and won’t let go.

Whoah I started reading this and got to bony figures and thought it was going in a completely different direction. I've been on DL toooo long.

by Anonymousreply 202April 18, 2020 1:20 AM

The knives are out for Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 203April 18, 2020 1:22 AM

R199, is it a bad thing to give money to people who need it?

by Anonymousreply 204April 18, 2020 1:28 AM

you can tell what Ellen is like by the joy she gets out of terrorizing people on her game shows

by Anonymousreply 205April 18, 2020 1:36 AM

It’s hard to believe that any celebrities are nice people anymore.

Is it the pressure to be “on” all the time?

by Anonymousreply 206April 18, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote]Ellen is a nasty, mean lesbian, plain and simple. A poor example for young lesbians out there.

All older lesbians are mean and bitchy, they have been hating men for their entire life and raised they are not all dead yet. They are more miserable than all the old queens I know.

by Anonymousreply 207April 18, 2020 1:47 AM

strait-jacket, if you please

by Anonymousreply 208April 18, 2020 1:59 AM

I'll say it again -- if these are the worst stories ever, it's a joke to bitch this much about how "evil she is". R207 proved my point (R121) with how the focus on hating on her is mainly because her being a woman and lesbian. How dare she not kiss ass! R122 suggests I'm Ellen for not agreeing with the drama queen hysterics.

I assure you, I'm not. I post here all the time and avoid this topic until today, with these routine daily threads about mean Ellen. I'm just able to see through crybabies needing to grow up. ("But but but Ellen pranks people and didn't give a youtuber their own bathroom! She must be an evil demonic dyke!")

by Anonymousreply 209April 18, 2020 2:25 AM

R209 = Angry Ellen

by Anonymousreply 210April 18, 2020 2:35 AM

I'm' not defending Ellen, because when it's all said and done... I really don't care all that much. But what do you guys want from her? She's always been toxic, if DL is to be believed. And you can't believe that someone who has been through all that she's been though would be some sweet, warm earth mother type. But what really annoys me is how people are always trying to tell others how to spend their money.

by Anonymousreply 211April 18, 2020 3:01 AM

What has she gone through R211? Many gay people have been through a hell of a lot worse than she has.

by Anonymousreply 212April 18, 2020 3:04 AM

Wow, R212, I was just getting ready to say the same thing. She’s had a damned good life.

And why shouldn't Ellen be outed and shamed for poor treatment of other human beings? It has nothing to do with money.

by Anonymousreply 213April 18, 2020 3:07 AM

I only had two glasses of wine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 18, 2020 3:44 AM

You can’t escape karma.

by Anonymousreply 215April 18, 2020 4:02 AM

People always say how “generous” Ellen is and I have to point out that ALL the money given away on her shows is given by sponsors. Medusa hasn’t given a dime to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 216April 18, 2020 4:38 AM

Fun Fact: Ellen has a HUGE collection of vintage Rolex watches.

by Anonymousreply 217April 18, 2020 4:51 AM

JC Penney's stuck by her.

by Anonymousreply 218April 18, 2020 5:00 AM

No one is nice in Hollywood! The stakes are way to fucking high, there's enormous amounts of $$$ on the line. The competition is fierce, there's always someone else trying to out do you and knock you down. The pressure is at an all time high. The stress levels are out of this world. The industry along with the public expects so much from you as a Celebrity, that you have to deliver and be on as much as possible.

People are scared shitless their going to lose their position in the world of entertainment, that all they can do is think about how their going to make their next project a massive hit etc. The focus and drive you have to have in order to remain relevant in Hollywood is some other worldly shit. You have to really want it in order to make it to the tip top of Tinseltowns A-List Mega Star Club.

Once you reach the top of the heap. You get everything you want. The enormous Fame, The Wealth, The Lifestyle and you have it made in the shade. None of this comes easy.

And because of this, no one is going to be nice in Hollywood. It truly is every man for himself. Everyone is your competition. The pressure is high and you go through so much to reach the top. People become hardened in showbiz, so you really can't blame people for being the way they are. No one wants to lose their careers that they've busted their ass to achieve.

If you can't swim with the sharks, then you better stay out of the water. Hollywood just like politics especially in America is filled with sharks and people will step on you and cut your throat to get what they want.

Everyone should know this.

by Anonymousreply 219April 18, 2020 5:08 AM

r219 that's not the point. The point is that Ellen, who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, should pay the salaries of her crew for a little while. The amount of money in question would be like pocket change to someone that wealthy.

As others have said, Jimmy Kimmel is paying the full salaries of his crew and he isn't anywhere near as rich as Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 220April 18, 2020 5:14 AM

Ellen makes about $100 million dollars a year from her talk show. So she's probably going to finish out the rest of her contract, and I wouldn't be surprised if she just walked away from Hollywood and live a quiet hen she's done with her show the same way Johnny Carson did.

He had hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank and basically said fuck Hollywood and literally never appeared on television ever again. No interviews no industry events nothing. He spent the last 15 years of his life playing golf and traveling the world and had nothing else to do with Hollywood again. He maintained his his friendships with industry buddies. But was never involved with anything having to do with showbiz ever again.

I could see Ellen doing the same. But she might actually enjoy the attention through, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2020 5:19 AM

Johnny Carson retired when he did because he didn't want to turn into Bob Hope. He never liked Hope, and of course we all remember the ancient Bob Hope still doing his stupid specials, telling the same jokes he'd been telling for decades and being a fossil who was completely out of date. Carson was adamant about that not happening to him.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2020 5:42 AM

R221 Johnny genuinely seemed interested in what his guests had to say, and even seemed slightly uncomfortable about being the center of attention. It’s not surprising he dropped out of public view when he retired. Ellen, on the other hand, shows little interest in her guests and aways injects herself into the conversation. I can’t imagine her retiring from showbiz - she constantly craves the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2020 5:51 AM

BS R222. He cut his schedule from 90 minutes to 60 minutes and from 5 days a week to 4. He retired because he was just too damn tired, although anyone would love his work week.

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2020 5:54 AM

There were other factors r224, but people close to him told the Bob Hope story.

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2020 6:09 AM

There always is R225. I stand by my comment.

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2020 6:12 AM

r225 the Bob Hope stuff is in the Carson biography that came out several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2020 6:15 AM

Whoops, I meant r226.

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2020 6:16 AM

[quote]How dare she not kiss ass!

Said the greedy bitch who worships her. Who's ass is she kissing? That's not what this is about. It's about her greed highlighted during a global pandemic. You can make all the Hollywood excuses you want for her but like others have said, people in similar situations Jimmy Kimmel have paid their staff and are a lot less wealthy. It really would be a drop in the bucket for her. If nothing else good PR. Just because you are a successful woman in the industry, doesn't mean you have to be a cunt.

Now before you say I am just some woman hating queen, I have always said the best boss I have ever had was a woman, and I have had many. The one I like the most treated people with respect, she didn't have a chip on her shoulder. The ones that were the worst were really nasty mean spirited people with a smile who thought the only way to be successful was to mimic shitty male attitudes of aggression.

Ellen seems like the latter of those two examples. And yes, I would feel the exact same way if it was a man.

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2020 6:28 AM

here's some real Ellen Drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 18, 2020 6:47 AM

Letterman said Carson called all of the time with jokes and suggestions for skits etc.

by Anonymousreply 231April 18, 2020 6:49 AM

Who cares about Carson? He's dead to me! DEAD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 232April 18, 2020 6:52 AM

No one saw that coming...

by Anonymousreply 233April 18, 2020 7:41 AM

The crew are employed not by Ellen but by Warner Bros Television.

In 2019, U.S. media giant WarnerMedia generated a total revenue of 14.36 billion U.S. dollars through Warner Bros., and 13.12 billion from Turner. Due to the acquisition of Time Warner by AT&T and its subsequent renaming (now WarnerMedia), results for previous years are not considered meaningful and as such were not reported by AT&T in 2018 or 2019.

Paying these people or not is Warner's responsibility. But I suppose it's easier to try to shake down Ellen rather then a huge conglomerate.

by Anonymousreply 234April 18, 2020 7:51 AM

R234 = ellen apologist

And Jimmy Kimmel doesn't pay his staff directly either.

Your post is crap. You know damn well that is just a money game all the celebrities play. Stop trying to twist this into making her the victim. Shake down? Really? Since when is a multi-millionare worth over $100,000,000 dollars a victim because they are too greedy to pay the very people who HELP HER SUCCEED IN HER CAREER a few dollars extra?

by Anonymousreply 235April 18, 2020 8:03 AM

I agree, when my staff writers wanted a raise, I fired them. They wanted to unionize those little bastards. I was not made of money you know. 150 million net worth is not what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 236April 18, 2020 8:07 AM

[quote] AnonymousCrewGuyApril 17, 2020 at 12:40 pm This has been an industry secret for years. Sort of refreshing it’s finally coming out, especially after receiving the Carol Burnett Award at the Globes this year. It was cringeworthy watching her accept the award knowing she’s not who we think she is. I too used to work for the talk show. I was one of the few who left on their own accord. The environment there is toxic and cultish. Ellen does not use her own money to give to charity it’s all WBs and Telepictures from the show budget. I remember she was trying to be an advocate for sheltered pets. She would adopt a dog and then try to pass it off to anyone on staff and crew because she didn’t really want the dog. The stories of her are true and I’ve seen it first hand and the EPs facilitate that behavior. You always worked with the fear of getting fired. I’m not surprised that the crew got no notice. As was the status quo, you’d go off on summer hiatus for 3 months not knowing if you were even welcomed back until a week before your return date. Left no time to find other work at that point. And we all have seemed to have forgotten that her show was one of the first to cross the picket line during the writers strike? Leading to Ellen herself firing her head writers because they didn’t want to be scabs. 70-80 percent turn over every season that I was there. Emmy winners being fired after doing incredible work. Toxic.

by Anonymousreply 237April 18, 2020 8:37 AM

It’s interesting that given the recent spate of negative rumors and press about her being a bitch irl, Ellen has not made at least a half-ass effort to take care of her people.

But that’s just it—they aren’t her people—her staff—or her team. There’s no sense of loyalty because her show employees are expendable and replaceable. The whole illusion of family/team is just a tactic employers use to exploit employees and their natural sense of loyalty and dedication. Usually employers offload employees on a smaller scale, so it’s less apparent, but with the pandemic, companies are passive aggressively offloading obsolete employees that are no longer essential en masse.

I saw this happen during The Great Recession in companies. Ellen is just hiding behind her “be kind” folksy on-air facade, but the truth is, the people on her show are now a financial liability to her and WB, so it’s easier to just let them drift at sea on a lifeboat until it sinks. If I were her former staff, I’d blow her ass out of the water over this online and expose Ellen for the massive cunt she really is.

by Anonymousreply 238April 18, 2020 8:55 AM

All this talk of Portia actually made me miss how different she looked was when she was younger. I'm 100% gay but damn, she was beautiful. And Ellen is a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 18, 2020 9:05 AM

The comments on this tweet! Ellen must be drinking her wine straight from the box! LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 18, 2020 9:31 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Ellen breaks into family homes and steals childrens' favorite stuffed animal or toy and then places hidden cameras inside the home to watch with glee the family looking for what she stole.

by Anonymousreply 241April 18, 2020 9:32 AM

The trades have always overlooked or downplayed Ellen's known cuntiness. I wonder what's changed?

This bitch truly deserves all twitter going after here, yet again.

by Anonymousreply 242April 18, 2020 9:44 AM

When's her contract finished? It couldn't be that someone wants her to be in a much weaker position for contract renewal negotiations?

by Anonymousreply 243April 18, 2020 9:47 AM

The lesbian equivalent to an Uncle Tom.

by Anonymousreply 244April 18, 2020 10:14 AM

Ellen has to be the fakest fake that ever faked!

by Anonymousreply 245April 18, 2020 1:15 PM

Glad she's finally getting skewered. That's one pussy I certainly never touched.

by Anonymousreply 246April 18, 2020 1:38 PM

There’s no question she’s in the midst of a serious PR crisis and she needs to deal with it yesterday. It’s not going away. This one is sticking.

by Anonymousreply 247April 18, 2020 1:44 PM

I used to stick up for Ellen, but she really seems like a horrible person and this confirms it. She could've paid those salaries out of her own pocket the way Jimmy Kimmel did.

by Anonymousreply 248April 18, 2020 1:48 PM

The W Bush thing, and then Ellen trying to justify it, was sickening.

by Anonymousreply 249April 18, 2020 2:48 PM

Does Ellen get payed per episode or season? Seems to me Ellen had a few options to see that the employees of the show received paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 250April 18, 2020 2:53 PM

R236 lol. Joan Rivers would have been a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 251April 18, 2020 3:06 PM

R236 lol. Joan Rivers would have been a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 252April 18, 2020 3:06 PM

R251 That's obvious. She happily appeared on the Celebrity Apprentice, knowing what kind of pig he was even back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 18, 2020 3:15 PM

Wasn't Ellen's second self-named sitcom in 2001, the same year as when Daft Punk and Juliette Lewis did an iconic commercial for GAP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 18, 2020 3:22 PM

Ellen Degenerate is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 255April 18, 2020 3:44 PM

R254 Juliette can't dance for shit.

by Anonymousreply 256April 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Who wants to dance for shit?

by Anonymousreply 257April 18, 2020 3:54 PM

"Today she announced a million dollar gift to charity, even though she said she normally likes to stay private about her giving. "

Keeping private = giving nothing or to the Republican Party

by Anonymousreply 258April 18, 2020 4:05 PM

The song Juliette is dancing to is "Digital Love" by Daft Punk, from the August 2001 Gap In-Store Playlist, now on my Spotify!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Her whole let's forgive Kevin Hart just reminds me why I loathe her. The fact that she thought she could speak for us and we would buy into her let's forgive and laugh haha shows how out of touch she is.

by Anonymousreply 260April 18, 2020 4:10 PM

She thinks she is giving the Gay Blanket Absolution to the heterosexuals who are homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 261April 18, 2020 4:15 PM

Can somebody kill that Gap freak?

by Anonymousreply 262April 18, 2020 4:27 PM

#GapLove is all there is, R262!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 18, 2020 4:34 PM

I have some questions. Why is she making new episodes from home instead of playing reruns? Is it to fulfill a contract obligation? When she does these episodes from home, is she still earning her salary uninterrupted, but her crew is not? If the crew isn't being paid, WarnerMedia is pocketing the unpaid salary?

Could Ellen tell the network that she won't make any new episodes from home unless her whole crew is being paid their regular salary for each episode?

by Anonymousreply 264April 18, 2020 5:03 PM

Wow, those tweet replies. Now everyone knows how she left her staff out to dry. But...you know who she blames for this? Her staff. They must have complained to the press. And she will never know which one talked. So she'll be even meaner to all of them.

by Anonymousreply 265April 18, 2020 5:04 PM

Several posts deleted here. Wonder what what said?

by Anonymousreply 266April 18, 2020 5:21 PM

R142, they are comparing other talk show hosts and their actions towards their crews to Ellen and her actions towards her crew.

by Anonymousreply 267April 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Nope, this is not going away. Big media has now picked up on this. No one likes Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 18, 2020 7:00 PM

Good one, R255! She was called that 15, 20 years ago by "The World's Most Pious Christian" and DL Fave Jerry Falwell.

by Anonymousreply 269April 18, 2020 7:01 PM

Anthony Jeselnik must be feeling pretty vindicated right about now. Plus, Ellen did warn us over a year ago that she isn't so nice. Maybe she expected this negative press was coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 18, 2020 7:24 PM

Did Jeselnik have some drama with Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 271April 18, 2020 7:26 PM

R264 I remember years ago when Oprah was sued by those assholes in Texas and she had to move her show to Texas for a month while she was on trial. She said she couldn't walk away from taping her show for a month because her contract states, she has to produce 200 episodes per year and for her affiliates around the country and failure to do so would lead to her getting sued.

So she just moved her show down to Texas for a month while she was on trial. A trial she won by the way, of course she's Oprah after all.

Maybe Ellen is in the same boat. She still has to produce shows or she'll get sued if she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 272April 18, 2020 7:26 PM

R260 She also thinks that everyone should forgive George W. Bush and had homophobic John McCain on her show.

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 273April 18, 2020 7:35 PM

[quote] She also thinks that everyone should forgive George W. Bush and had homophobic John McCain on her show. Fuck her.

And the two of them even went to McCain's funeral !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 18, 2020 8:33 PM

Hey Ellen... George Bush is a war criminal and the cause of a million needless deaths.

I’m dead now, but read my book about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 18, 2020 8:38 PM

R272 , perhaps ,but most contracts include a 'Force majeure' clause

if some kind of act of God for 'superior force' comes along then contracts don't have to be fulfilled; I think coronavirus qualifies as that

by Anonymousreply 276April 18, 2020 8:49 PM

I bet Dubya thinks she’s a dude named “Ellon.” If he ever gets LASIK surgery, their friendship will dissolve.

by Anonymousreply 277April 18, 2020 8:53 PM

With all her money you would think that Ellen could afford a decent hairstylist. Instead she has the most unflattering hairstyles since Ginger Rogers and Mamie Eisenhower.

by Anonymousreply 278April 18, 2020 9:23 PM

Is it mean of me to enjoy that Billie Eyelash got pulled into this mess?

by Anonymousreply 279April 18, 2020 10:16 PM

I can't act, but I can call her out pretty good.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 280April 18, 2020 10:33 PM

[quote]Is it mean of me to enjoy that Billie Eyelash got pulled into this mess?

How did that little green gremlin get pulled into it? Yes I googled but didn't find anything.

by Anonymousreply 281April 18, 2020 11:00 PM

If Warner media won't pay the Ellen show staff, then she should put at least $1 million dollars of her own money in an employees fund so they can continue to receive their salaries.

She wouldn't miss that money at all.

Also did anyone see where lady gaga's father set up a GoFundMe page to raise $50K for his employees at his NYC restaurant a few weeks back?

The backlash against he and his daughter was so nasty that the page was shut down and everyone who donated was refunded their money. Everyone reminded him that he had a wealthy world famous superstar daughter and that she should be covering employees salaries and not the public via GoFundMe.

You really get to see who truly cares about their employees during times like this. I guess stephanie stepped in and took care of everyone through an employees fund. That should've been the case from day one.

by Anonymousreply 282April 18, 2020 11:15 PM

Lady Gaga said she didn't know he set up the GoFundMe R282 and said she was horrified to learn about it.

by Anonymousreply 283April 18, 2020 11:30 PM

r278, she had reams of decent hairstylists, but she fires them all the time (like Lauren Graham with makeup artists). She does love her clothing stylist though- she's been with her for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 284April 18, 2020 11:48 PM

I am so not happy about seeing Michelle Obama hugging on W. ...like they’re besties or something.

by Anonymousreply 285April 18, 2020 11:57 PM

She needs a clothing stylist to look the way she does R284 and she doesn't look all that great.

by Anonymousreply 286April 19, 2020 12:11 AM

R285 That photo was taken during a very tense time during the 2016 election cycle. It was all about making a point that whatever side your on politically, we can still come together as a nation.

I remember that photo making the rounds in the media pretty heavily that up coming week. That photo was taken on a Saturday at the African American museum of natural history in Washington DC.

Besides, Michelle Obama can't be openly hostile towards a former president and vice versa. Their all elder statesmen at this point. So they have to play along. But in sure their probably genuinely cordial towards each other.

by Anonymousreply 287April 19, 2020 12:16 AM

So are we to assume that Gaga and her father are estranged and he didn't tell her he was closing his restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 288April 19, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote]How did that little green gremlin get pulled into it? Yes I googled but didn't find anything.

lol this made me laugh" little green gremlin"

by Anonymousreply 289April 19, 2020 1:06 AM

Link r90? Can’t find it

by Anonymousreply 290April 19, 2020 1:11 AM

R282. Are you kidding? A million dollars would buy a lot of Rolex watches for my collection.

by Anonymousreply 291April 19, 2020 1:17 AM

This is an actual comment on the show from "IMDB." It's is the most honest and complete review of a pathetic show in which even the host has said to dislke. simply she is paid a SHIT load of $ to produce CRAP. PLEASE read it.

"The Ellen show is an important cog in the Hollywood machinery, combining lottery, tv shop, talkshow and gameshow. I like the talkshow and gameshow parts, but every spare moment is used to promote Ellenshop, Ellentube, Ellenworld or whatever. It starts to seem a bit like a person cult, and the crowds go wild whenever she buys their trust with gifts hidden under their seats.

Isolated from the hyper-commercialized circus that is the show, Ellen the comedian has a rude kind of humor that I like. But I'm not a fan of how she for comedy's sake exposes and humiliates her staff, goes through her guests' purses, and confronts people who try to sell the goodies they get on the show. It's borderline abusive, and Ellen is so powerful that one has no other option than to play along. Her motto, "Be kind to one another", feels a bit hollow after all the mean things she makes a living from doing.

Lastly, I'm deeply troubled by the show's self-appointed role as welfare system. Unfortunate people are carefully selected and awarded screen time and a check - all in calculated order to promote Ellen the brand and the company which provides the check. It's frightening to see such welfare-tainment, with people's futures in the hands of a powerful individual instead of a functional state."

by Anonymousreply 292April 19, 2020 2:49 AM

I once heard she pooped in a planter at welfare office so poor people would have to smell her shit while they apply for food stamps!

by Anonymousreply 293April 19, 2020 3:14 AM

[quote]In high school, she realized she was different from everyone else, but not in a good way.

Different in a bad way. A GAY way.

You're an asshole, just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 294April 19, 2020 11:16 AM

No, R176, it's not "common corporate office etiquette" to run into another room to avoid being anywhere near the CEO if they walk through the hallway, or to avert your eyes and not look at them lest you get fired.

by Anonymousreply 295April 19, 2020 11:27 AM

[quote] [R207] proved my point ([R121]) with how the focus on hating on her is mainly because her being a woman and lesbian.

We have trolls who take every opportunity to say "all women are evil" or "all lesbians are evil" and it's been this way for years, thanks to rightwingers to flooded the site a while back and never really left. It's idiotic to blame an entire board with dozens of varying opinions on one troll who is being a homophobe, especially when people like you are practically BEGGING for homophobic comments to prove your point.

Homophobia doesn't explain why Ellen would be getting all these nasty stories told about her while no other lesbian has. If this is homophobia, where are the stories about Kate McKinnon, Hannah Gadsby, Martina Navratilova, Ellen Page, Cynthia Nixon, Jodie Foster? You hear occasional stories about them sometimes, no more than other celebs, but nothing anywhere close to what you hear about Ellen DeGeneres.

You on the other hand haven't actually proven anything about Ellen being a good person or the stories being fake. You just keep saying the same generic stuff every fangurl says when their fave is getting criticized: you're all just jealous haters.

by Anonymousreply 296April 19, 2020 11:36 AM

R290, search for links about Ellen and Karen Kilgareff, there's a lot out there to browse through.

by Anonymousreply 297April 19, 2020 11:38 AM

She spat on my cat and stole his Kit Kat bar.

by Anonymousreply 298April 19, 2020 12:35 PM

My partner and I live next door to Ellen and Portia. I went to deliver a plate of Christmas doggie treats. They didn't respond to the door bell for the longest time so I kept ringing. Finally the door opened slowly and it was Portia. She pretended as if she didn't know me. She looked hostile at me but scared, too. It was dark behind the door, but I could see a pool of light around an immense coffee table and their were shadowed figured around it. There was an evil hissing noise.

by Anonymousreply 299April 19, 2020 12:42 PM

She's well known in the industry as a mean person who treats her employees like shit.

by Anonymousreply 300April 19, 2020 12:49 PM

I don't watch her hardly at all, but the couple of times when I watched she had somebody pop up out of a box or something scaring the guest half to death. I guess this is "funny" (until it happens to you) but I thought, only an abusive person would think this was a way to treat anyone. People can honestly get sick from stuff like this - who have undiagnosed heart issues and the like. It just seemed to me she loves being in a position of power and has a sadistic streak.

by Anonymousreply 301April 19, 2020 12:56 PM

[quote] She also thinks that everyone should forgive George W. Bush and had homophobic John McCain on her show. Fuck her.

The likes of George and John have no problems with the lesbians and Ellen only cares about the ‘L’ part in LGBT anyway. May she die in pain and misery.

by Anonymousreply 302April 19, 2020 1:04 PM

What a nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 303April 19, 2020 1:56 PM

[quote] My partner and I live next door to Ellen and Portia. I went to deliver a plate of Christmas doggie treats. They didn't respond to the door bell for the longest time so I kept ringing. Finally the door opened slowly and it was Portia. She pretended as if she didn't know me. She looked hostile at me but scared, too. It was dark behind the door, but I could see a pool of light around an immense coffee table and their were shadowed figured around it. There was an evil hissing noise.

That sounds scary, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ellen is abusing her.

by Anonymousreply 304April 19, 2020 2:12 PM

R304, bless your heart for not recognizing a parody post.

by Anonymousreply 305April 19, 2020 2:15 PM

She trips old people and steals their retirement checks.

Portia has to distract moms while Ellen gives their kids an angry lesbian haircut makeover.

by Anonymousreply 306April 19, 2020 2:25 PM

R292 may have the most accurate depiction of the show yet.

by Anonymousreply 307April 19, 2020 2:42 PM

One of my best friends used to be very close to Ellen and Portia. She says pretty much what everyone else says about Ellen, but adds that she wasn't always this nasty - years ago Ellen was much nicer, and that fame and success have turned her into the monster she has become. Portia, my friend says, is still a basically decent person. But she's more or less trapped.

by Anonymousreply 308April 19, 2020 2:42 PM

Why is Portia trapped. She can walk away and not be remotely poor or at risk of Ellen doing monstrous things to her as an ex. Portia knows where the skeletons are.

by Anonymousreply 309April 19, 2020 2:45 PM

Portia probably gets off on being abused by Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 310April 19, 2020 2:47 PM

She might be emotionally trapped R308, but she is not financially trapped.

by Anonymousreply 311April 19, 2020 2:49 PM

She raped my pet iguana.

by Anonymousreply 312April 19, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote]bless your heart for not recognizing a parody post.

But is it a parody post R305? Is it? Hmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 313April 19, 2020 3:23 PM

Lol, the reason people don’t like her is not because of homophobia. She’s a self loathing homophone herself (see her support of that repulsive black homophobe comic.) The reason people don’t like Ellen is because she’s a mean drunk CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 314April 19, 2020 4:45 PM

Ehldergheys, please remind a middle-aged gay what happened with Ellen and Anne Heche towards the end? Was it cantankerous breakup? Did they ever regain contact? I’d love to know what Celestia is thinking about Ellen getting torn from her throne.

by Anonymousreply 315April 19, 2020 4:57 PM

I would think Ellen is doing some blackout level drinking right now. Anyone here with experience dealing with alcoholics care to weigh in?

by Anonymousreply 316April 19, 2020 5:35 PM

Didn't they find Ann H wandering around on some country road babbling about aliens?

by Anonymousreply 317April 19, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]I would think Ellen is doing some blackout level drinking right now.

She does that on days that end with a "y."

by Anonymousreply 318April 19, 2020 5:40 PM

R296 point missed. It's not about defending Ellen, it's about people here that give a shit so much with such lackluster evidence of how "evil" she is. I can make a list of 100 people that deserve endless threads and the Twitter attacks. There's a scary theme with cancel culture, which is brought up when it's a fellow dude, especially when it comes to suspected rapists, but controversy with women like Ellen -- it's a feeding frenzy to call out rumored mean behavior. Abuse accusations? Attacks not fair. Rumors of being mean? Cancel the bitches career! There's numerous dicks out there, but a lack of hyperbole calling them out.

I don't care for her, but I also don't get how it's getting this amount of attention when so many scumbag companies don't pay living wages, but there's tears for Hollywood staffers that are getting paid, plus unemployment -- a common theme in California amongst many employers there. Those employers, and other big Hollywood types, pull the same shit. Where's the. call outs? Why is this worth weekly threads?

You can deflect all you want by making it sound like a few bad apples on DL but if so, why aren't regular members speaking up? Why the backlash on my post for doing so, but not a word about the scumbags coming here?

To the others: spare me the "it has nothing to do with her being a woman or a lesbian" when there's an uptick with threads regularly criticizing women as terrible "butch dykes" when the topic has nothing to do with that. My comment isn't just about Ellen, but how DL condones hypocrisy and hatred -- and yes staying quiet or attacking those who call it out, is condoning it.

I don't give a shit if I'm white knighting or no one likes the truth. I love the lesbians and women in my life enough to say something and defend my community because I'm not a bitter angry man with an axe to grind.

by Anonymousreply 319April 19, 2020 5:51 PM

No one cares what you think R319. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 320April 19, 2020 5:55 PM

Ellen NEVER had the generosity and heart to adopt any third-world babies! Isn't that proof enough. In fact, a friend told me she takes big game hunts with Donald Trump Jr and has a warehouse in Encino filled with stuffed, endangered animals.

by Anonymousreply 321April 19, 2020 6:02 PM

The fact that she's nice to animals and nasty to humans makes her okay with me.

by Anonymousreply 322April 19, 2020 6:13 PM

Look... Ellen dresses like a man, haircut like a man. She wants to be a man. If she wasn’t female she’d be a typical Republican man, ie. no empathy, only concerned with herself, money grubbing, hanging out at the bar with other Republican men, drooling over Republican big shots, etc.

Why is anyone surprised?

by Anonymousreply 323April 19, 2020 6:16 PM

Ellen goes to soup kitchens and eats Thai takeout in front of starving children to brighten her mood.

by Anonymousreply 324April 19, 2020 7:38 PM

R319 how many of those 100 people that are mean have a TV show that they end each day with 'be kind to one another'?

she doesn't like being called out on being this way?

Then...don't be this way.

by Anonymousreply 325April 19, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote]Didn't they find Ann H wandering around on some country road babbling about aliens?

Maybe Portia wasn't a citizen yet?

by Anonymousreply 326April 19, 2020 7:58 PM

Both Portia and Ellen look like shit without the magic of makeup artists. Had they just been normal people with normal jobs no one would ever give them a second look.

by Anonymousreply 327April 19, 2020 8:16 PM

Most celebrities need "the magic of makeup artists" R327.

by Anonymousreply 328April 19, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]Look... Ellen dresses like a man, haircut like a man. She wants to be a man. If she wasn’t female she’d be a typical Republican man, ie. no empathy, only concerned with herself, money grubbing, hanging out at the bar with other Republican men, drooling over Republican big shots, etc.

I agree with this. I also know a woman who reminds me a bit of Ellen. She's conservative Christian Republican and she dresses like a male hipster and has a haircut like a man which she sometimes dyes pink or blue. She's married to a guy who is ten years older than her and they have kids. There are times I've wondered if it's a beard type marriage as the guy doesn't seem all that into her and she seems more content with the kids and being a mom. This woman is a 911 dispatcher and she hangs out a lot with male cops too. I now wonder if she really wishes she could be a guy with a family instead of a woman with a family.

by Anonymousreply 329April 19, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote]Look... Ellen dresses like a man, haircut like a man. She wants to be a man. If she wasn’t female she’d be a typical Republican man, ie. no empathy, only concerned with herself, money grubbing, hanging out at the bar with other Republican men, drooling over Republican big shots, etc.

I agree with this. I also know a woman who reminds me a bit of Ellen. She's conservative Christian Republican and she dresses like a male hipster and has a haircut like a man which she sometimes dyes pink or blue. She's married to a guy who is ten years older than her and they have kids. There are times I've wondered if it's a beard type marriage as the guy doesn't seem all that into her and she seems more content with the kids and being a mom. This woman is a 911 dispatcher and she hangs out a lot with male cops too. I now wonder if she really wishes she could be a guy with a family instead of a woman with a family.

by Anonymousreply 330April 19, 2020 11:15 PM

Ellen caused a sudden flow of brown poop that ruined my satin shoes! Never forget!

by Anonymousreply 331April 20, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote]Portia knows where the skeletons are.

And that she could easily join them.

by Anonymousreply 332April 20, 2020 12:52 AM

I heard she doesn't like peanut butter!

by Anonymousreply 333April 20, 2020 3:04 AM

She didn't like my nuts either.

by Anonymousreply 334April 20, 2020 1:01 PM

[quote]it's about people here that give a shit so much with such lackluster evidence of how "evil" she is.

You say that she's being targeted because she's lesbian, yet there isn't a single other lesbian who has the same reputation. If this was homophobia, we'd be seeing all lesbian celebrities and famous people attacked with the same (or similar) kinds of accusations. We don't.

[quote] I can make a list of 100 people that deserve endless threads and the Twitter attacks. ... I also don't get how it's getting this amount of attention when so many scumbag companies don't pay living wages

Irrelevant.

[quote]You can deflect all you want by making it sound like a few bad apples on DL but if so, why aren't regular members speaking up? Why the backlash on my post for doing so, but not a word about the scumbags coming here?

Several people have pointed out the trolls, who oddly enough show up ever time you post a long screed saying this is lesbian hatred. Why do they show up? Because you're an easy mark. They post two words and you post a full essay in response.

In case you haven't noticed, there is no real moderation to speak of here, and people doing FAR worse things are tolerated indefinitely. The "slice women's throats and shoot them in the head" guy is out and about on Datalounge lately and no one has done jack shit about him, because no one fucking moderates the site.

[quote]DL condones hypocrisy and hatred -- and yes staying quiet or attacking those who call it out, is condoning it.

Say something to Mediapolis about it and watch them do nothing except maybe delete a thread or two, or put Primetime on for 48 hours straight. But don't bitch to me about it, buddy, because I have tried, and so have a bunch of others, and nothing is ever done about the trolls.

Still, you're an adult with presumably a functioning brain; you have to know that the existence of trolls on Datalounge doesn't mean these stories about Ellen -- which are posted all over the internet, not just Datalounge, and often show up in the press -- are just DL lesbian haters.

by Anonymousreply 335April 20, 2020 2:59 PM

Ellen called the Heroin Hotline on Abbie Hoffman!

by Anonymousreply 336April 20, 2020 3:12 PM

Ellen betrayed Anne Frank...she made the anonymous call to Gestapo headquarters!

by Anonymousreply 337April 20, 2020 3:32 PM

Now I feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 338April 20, 2020 5:05 PM

I was in the audience of Ellen's sitcom - the episode with Trisha Yearwood and Lyle Waggoner - and it was as entertaining as watching it on TV. The actors were all on top of their game, no one forgot their lines. Most people think of her as a talk show host or comedian, but I always remember her acting.

by Anonymousreply 339April 20, 2020 5:24 PM

Ellen being a lesbian is not a factor. The fact that she markets herself as a kindness maven and is being a massive cunt (which parallels the rumors) is the problem.

Her behavior is anything but kind--and to be donating to random charities while you are cutting your staff's pay and being dodgy about what's going on--hiring staff on the cheap on the side--all while you rake in millions every year is just disgustingly unethical. The blame game between her and WB about whose responsibility is for what is going on is to passive-aggressively make it someone else's problem so everyone can stand around and shrug their shoulders and act like nothing can be done.

She is being called out for her hypocrisy and lack of ethics when it comes to her staff. Throwing out that she's being singled out bc she's lesbian is horse shit.

It's your fucking show with your fucking name on it, Ellen. It's on YOU

This picture....what a joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 20, 2020 5:25 PM

She gets cred by being buddies with the Obamas but of course she is super nice to them so they don't see how she really is

by Anonymousreply 341April 20, 2020 5:27 PM

98% of heterosexuals are douchebags, so who cares if she can be a bitch. At least she's not a homophobic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 342April 20, 2020 5:34 PM

You know this all goes back to when she first came out and the world collectively dropped her ... her heart hardened and her tongue got prickly like a cat ... and she’s made everyone who works for her or gets eaten out by her suffer ever since

by Anonymousreply 343April 20, 2020 5:44 PM

R314 Is a racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 344April 20, 2020 6:33 PM

R344, what’s racist about R314’s comment? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 345April 20, 2020 6:51 PM

Ellen’s as phony as a Jussie dollar bill.

by Anonymousreply 346April 20, 2020 7:00 PM

It's a common trait, Ellen is one of those people that is nice and gracious on the outside and to those she considers her equals or above, but treats those she considers below like they are scum.

It seems people are finally sick of turning a blind eye to rich assholes. COVID-19 consolation prize for the world.

by Anonymousreply 347April 20, 2020 7:10 PM

The quarantine has exposed how depressive comedians really are. They really do suffer from a lot of mental health issues. Ellen, Fallon, Maher, etc. all look like they're about to slit their wrists since the pandemic started. It's like they only know how to exist and be happy in front of a live audience.

by Anonymousreply 348April 20, 2020 7:41 PM

I remember how upset she was on air when Jimmy Kimmel talked about all the Christmas gifts his staff gives him - because apparently NO ONE on her staff gives her presents. I’d say it very doubtful she gives them any gifts or bonuses whereas Jimmy treats his people very well. Funny how things work out that way. She is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 349April 20, 2020 7:49 PM

Portia was the greatest magician's assist EVER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350April 20, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote] I don't need Ellen underwear to make my ass happy.

We know what makes your ass happy r33.

If you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 351April 20, 2020 8:17 PM

She'll never be Oprah, these stories prove she doesn't have the media savvy.

by Anonymousreply 352April 20, 2020 8:55 PM

Ellen switched the Best Picture card, causing Faye to blurt out, "La La Land." That was our most fun thing. I'm not supposed to mention it.

by Anonymousreply 353April 20, 2020 9:39 PM

I've been done with Ellen since the Kevin Hart thing. You can go now, Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 20, 2020 11:27 PM

She reminds me an ex. To everyone else? He was the nicest guy in the world. Super affable. Helpful. Even generous. But the minute we were alone? Racial epithets, gaslighting me, narcissistic behavior galore, selfish to the point of parody.

by Anonymousreply 355April 20, 2020 11:57 PM

Wasn't there an audio that came out a few years ago? It's a vague memory that I don't even remember what was on it, just that it didn't make Ellen look good. It was around the time Portia went back into rehab.

by Anonymousreply 356April 21, 2020 12:08 AM

I don't get the supporters on this thread.

This is bad for her. Even if it is all 100% false, this is bad, and all she has to do is write some checks and post a twitter video of her signing them, and this would go away.

And yet ... she hasn't done it.

by Anonymousreply 357April 21, 2020 9:49 PM

Viewers don't care what happens behind the scenes as long as the content remains consistent. Most crew members are overpaid, entitled, not-my-job, high-school educated assholes.

by Anonymousreply 358April 21, 2020 10:49 PM

R358 Ellen

by Anonymousreply 359April 21, 2020 11:08 PM

on the bright side, Jimmy Kimmel and John Oliver are doing the right thing by continuing to pay their staff.

by Anonymousreply 360April 21, 2020 11:12 PM

How did she ever get to be a star anyway? Was her comedy really all that good?

by Anonymousreply 361April 22, 2020 11:45 AM

She was never really that funny. She came to light the same time a whole group of woman in the first wave of female comedians did including people like Rosy, Whoopi, Rosanne. Desperate to incomparable woman like that into TV Ellen got her own show playing a straight hetero looking bookstore breeder. Once she was outed, they wrote that into the show and the rest was history. Show didn't last but her fame shot through the roof.

Sadly, I remember those days and many young gays including my self were so happy that finally someone stood up to the Hollywood establishment and came out in spite of the threat of being canceled which they did. It was a big deal at the time. She had so much street cred with the gays for doing that. Obama even gave her a medal of freedom award the year before he left office pointing out Hollywood was not always so gay friendly. Now I realize she was basically just a bitch who wished she was a Republican dude and acted like one.

by Anonymousreply 362April 22, 2020 12:44 PM

[quote]How did she ever get to be a star anyway? Was her comedy really that good?

I assume it was because she was the first lesbian comedian.

by Anonymousreply 363April 22, 2020 4:11 PM

It's been two weeks and she still has the producer standing outside the window. If it wasn't funny the first at home episode why is she dragging it out. She enjoys to humiliate people.

by Anonymousreply 364April 22, 2020 7:30 PM

She's more like David Letterman than any other talk show host. She's always had a sadistic edge to her comedy.

by Anonymousreply 365April 22, 2020 7:37 PM

Is she going to grow a beard when she retires then?

by Anonymousreply 366April 22, 2020 8:33 PM

Probably, r366.

by Anonymousreply 367April 22, 2020 9:33 PM

Shit keeps piling on ...

This seems like a case of just being "rude" rather than a downright bitch, but still, doesn't look good for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 2, 2020 10:41 PM

I always found it a bit strange how she would have jokes objectifying men/showing them shirtless, or in interviews make jokes about hot actors. as if she were straight. I guess if you think of her "Ellen" act as pandering to the middle age moms who watch her it makes sense. But you have to wonder if she repressed aspects of herself so much that aren't suitable for daytime tv that it's made her miserable.

by Anonymousreply 369May 3, 2020 9:24 AM

How does Ellen keep staff? Just like any show, people are willing to do as they are told and suck up to stay in the business, and progress further up if they can. It's a hierarchy, like a lot of places. I worked as a runner on a UK TV show over the summer a few years back and then in a post-production company for a while. That's what they expected of you, to do as you are told and especially be very nice i.e kiss ass, to the guests. Funnily enough the Z listers were usually the ones who demanded the most things..there were a lot of refreshments and drinks available and they seem to want something that's not on there, just because they can send somebody to get it. Ellen will probably have some people she treats a little better than those the lower down the pecker order, of course. Those people don't really matter to her.

by Anonymousreply 370May 3, 2020 9:58 AM

Why does Ellen insist that her staff avert their eyes, in her presence? Some other celebrities demand this, as well.

by Anonymousreply 371May 3, 2020 10:40 AM

[quote] How does Ellen keep staff?

Ellen and her staff look to me like one big happy family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 3, 2020 10:46 AM

Because there's always someone willing to whore themselves out for money, fame and power. Hollywood is built on that reality.

by Anonymousreply 373May 3, 2020 11:05 AM

Just read the entire thread. Maybe it's due to being cooped up for so long but by the time I got to strange hissing noises coming from her house, forced lesbian haircuts and Anne Heche babbling about aliens I was in complete hysterics; tears streaming down my face type thing. I really needed that laugh at this moment, thank you guys. Stay safe, all of you!

by Anonymousreply 374May 3, 2020 11:41 AM

One thing about comedians is that they are always "on" and constantly trying to get a laugh from anyone within earshot.

To be their friend or on their payroll, you need to agree with them always and laugh at every joke or you're out.

by Anonymousreply 375May 3, 2020 6:31 PM

^^^ Hollywood and D.C. Like there's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 376May 4, 2020 7:00 AM

Ellen has never been funny to me, like Lily Tomlin or Tracey Ullman. I find myself analyzing them and not laughing at them.

by Anonymousreply 377May 8, 2020 1:04 PM

'Ellen has never been funny to me, like Lily Tomlin or Tracey Ullman."

You are probably not funny and lack a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 378May 8, 2020 1:25 PM

When they all go back to the studio all her crew should gather round her and fart.

by Anonymousreply 379May 8, 2020 1:35 PM

Agree, Ellen is a fart face.

by Anonymousreply 380May 8, 2020 7:37 PM

Me either r377. She’s like a lesbian Uncle Tom.

by Anonymousreply 381May 9, 2020 7:07 PM

Hrm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 19, 2020 6:31 PM

Is her contract up for renewal?

by Anonymousreply 383May 23, 2020 4:40 PM

I think so.

by Anonymousreply 384May 23, 2020 4:42 PM

In R382, it's Griffiths who sounds like an unhinged cunt.

by Anonymousreply 385May 23, 2020 5:10 PM

This sudden splurge of news about her lousy personality, R384, makes it all sound suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 386May 25, 2020 10:52 PM

I don't think Ellen really cares what people think of her at this point. Also like David Letterman, she could stop working today and have enough money to live extravagantly for the rest of her life. How much would other people's opinions really matter to her? She's had to live with homophobic bullshit forever like we all have, even within her own family, so she knows most people suck.

by Anonymousreply 387May 26, 2020 5:36 AM

Just because she lived a difficult life means she has to be nasty right back, that shows her character.

by Anonymousreply 388May 26, 2020 3:04 PM

Ellen absolutely cares what people think of her, Always did, always will.

by Anonymousreply 389May 26, 2020 3:09 PM

She's now about to "Educate" herself on black issues. This will makeup for the crimes of her past and we should all just forget about the way she has treated people.

by Anonymousreply 390June 6, 2020 6:29 PM

She's freaking nuts folks.

by Anonymousreply 391June 7, 2020 6:31 PM

Yes, I’ve been reading about that.

by Anonymousreply 392June 7, 2020 8:45 PM

Even in her apology video she still had that damn idiot in the background, behind the window. She just can't let go of control for a second.

by Anonymousreply 393June 7, 2020 10:09 PM

A game show where you have to guess the names behind blind items.

by Anonymousreply 394June 8, 2020 2:07 PM

How did she ever get to be a star anyway? Was her comedy really that good?

Her sitcom seemed like an LA version of Seinfeld. It wasn't very funny in my opinion, but then I never found her that funny. She mainly got/gets laughs by timing and you either like her timing or not, I think it gets old quickly.

by Anonymousreply 395June 11, 2020 8:26 PM

Her HBO specials in the early 2000s were funny (“Here and Now” and “In the Beginning”). Everything after, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 396June 12, 2020 6:36 AM

Rut Ro!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 27, 2020 10:01 PM

I was wondering why tWich finally came out to support her (although he waited til last week)- DL won't let me link Variety:

UPDATED: The Ellen DeGeneres Show is shaking up its top producing ranks following allegations of toxic workplace environment, which triggered an investigation by WarnerMedia.

Gone are Ellen executive producers Ed Glavin and Kevin Leman as well as co-executive producer Jonathan Norman, Deadline has confirmed. Additionally the show’s house DJ, Stephen “tWitch” Boss, has been named co-executive producer.

The exits and Boss’ promotions were revealed during a virtual staff meeting today.

I hear DeGeneres led the meeting and opened it with the staffing announcements. She was emotional but emphatic about creating a culture where people feel good, noting that employees need to feel happy in order to make a show that makes people happy, sources tell Deadline,.

I also hear DeGeneres vowed to interact more with her staffers, revealing that she was shocked to find out that people on the show had been told to avoid eye contact with her. She encouraged staffers to talk to her.

DeGeneres again apologized to her staff, sources said. She was personal, speaking of being introverted and having good days and bad days, which causes her to sometimes keep to herself in her own space, something she acknowledged could be misconstrued as her not being nice.

Also announced today were HR changes to improve the environment on the show, including employee’s experience, interactions and reporting of any issues, sources said.

The popular daytime talk show will be spearheaded by exec producers Mary Connelly, Andy Lassner and Derek Westervelt.

The producer departures, first reported by Variety, come two weeks after Warner Bros. addressed allegations, outlined in a BuzzFeed report, and promised “staffing changes on the show,” They were expected to include the exit of Glavin, who had been singled out in multiple complaints featured in the story.

The BuzzFeed report, which led to the WB investigation, alleged a toxic work culture on Ellen based on anonymous testimonials by one current and 10 former employees, who said they faced racism, bullying and intimidation.

“Though not all of the allegations were corroborated, we are disappointed that the primary findings of the investigation indicated some deficiencies related to the show’s day-to-day management,” WB said in a statement July 31. “We have identified several staffing changes, along with appropriate measures to address the issues that have been raised, and are taking the first steps to implement them. Warner Bros. and Ellen DeGeneres are all committed to ensuring a workplace based on respect and inclusion. We are confident this course of action will lead us to the right way forward for the show.”

In a note to her staff from July 31, DeGeneres apologized for any mistreatment of employees.

“Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show,” she wrote. “I could not have the success I’ve had without all of your contributions. My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that. Alongside Warner Bros, we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues.”

by Anonymousreply 398August 18, 2020 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!