Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help Identifying Horror Movie

I watched a horror movie at my niece's house last June for my birthday on Netflix. I just got Netflix here and I can't find the movie.

It was about a woman who was pregnant. She and her husband moved to the town where she grew up as a kid or something. Her husband is really hot, has a beard. Her stoner brother (also very cute) and his girlfriend (who are paranormal researchers) come to visit, as does the pregnant woman's best female friend. Everyone but the pregnant woman go to this abandoned prison to see if there are any ghosts. While this happens, the townspeople come for the woman because her child will bring about Satan or something.

They take her to a barn, I think, to have the ceremony to invoke Satan or whatever.

I want to watch it again but Google isn't helping me at all, and I scrolled through all of Netflix's horror movies that I could find last night to no avail.

Any help, DL Horror Gays?

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 5:44 PM

Was it a foreign film, OP? Parts of your description sound familiar but I might be mixing it up with something else I've seen. Sorry I can't remember a title though

by Anonymousreply 1April 16, 2020 10:38 PM

Mommie Dearest Part I: After the Laughter

by Anonymousreply 2April 16, 2020 10:38 PM

When was it made?

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2020 10:43 PM

R1, it was an American film. From 2019 or before.

I think the pregnant woman's best friend was Indian-American.

I think it is in the South.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2020 10:44 PM

It's not old. They are all on their phones nonstop.

I think the husband worries about his wife drinking wine while pregnant.

She cuts her finger on a nail, I think.

by Anonymousreply 5April 16, 2020 10:45 PM

It sounds like that stupid "witch installment" of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY.

I see most theatrical horror releases, and this is the only one I can recall that had the classic "devil worshippers sacrifice baby" trope outside of LITTLE HOURS, the comedy with Dave Franco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 16, 2020 10:49 PM

It's not that, though.

by Anonymousreply 7April 16, 2020 10:51 PM

Hmmm. Try Googling your key words then.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2020 10:51 PM

BTW Netflix nowadays isn't going to have most movies you've heard of / with stars unless they produced the series from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2020 10:53 PM

I did. I wrote that in the OP.

All the results are "TEN Scariest Pregnancy Movies!" and the like.

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2020 10:53 PM

"Crowhaven Farm"!

Close enough!

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2020 10:57 PM

Bleed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2020 11:03 PM

R11 It amazes me how many people still not only know but continue to mention Crowhaven Farm. One of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2020 11:04 PM

OP, I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Bleed". It's from 2016. If you read the plot, especially as summarized in the 1st review, the description matches yours pretty exactly.

The only thing is, it's not on Netflix. It may have been at one time, but it isn't now. It is, however, on Amazon Prime. Not free, but only $3.99 if you really want to see it.

The imdb rating is a dismal 3.5, but I've learned to take their ratings of horror movies with a grain of salt. For some reason, a lot of people who really don't like horror movies watch them anyway and then say "WORST movie EVER - gave a 1 because I can't give it a 0!!!!!" And horror fans themselves are absurdly fussy and idiosyncratic in what they like .. I know because I am one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2020 11:04 PM

Thank you, R12 & R14!

It was on Netflix last June. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

I guess I can use my Amazon Prime and pay to watch it again.

Appreciate the help!

by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Oh my God, R11 and R13, I can't believe you mentioned Crowhaven Farm. I love that movie. I saw it as a kid when it was first on TV. Super-scary! Of course it's a lot less scary now (and also, IIRC, does that weird '70s made-for-TV thing of having inappropriate cheery and upbeat theme music) but I re-watched a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Besides the storyline, I remember crushing on Lloyd Bochner and thinking he was a lot hotter than Paul Burke, the male lead.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2020 11:11 PM

Thanks for the help!

Here's the hot bearded husband AND the wine-guzzling pregnant wife, just as I described.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2020 11:14 PM

'The Violent Kind' from 2010 is another horror movie I watched just because the men looked hot.

There's even homoeroticism in here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2020 11:18 PM

R17 he’s hot?!! He looks hydrocephalic

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2020 11:27 PM

"Crowhaven Farm" isn't so much scary as it is CREEPY!

The pure charm and decency of Hope Lange make it all the more unsettling!

Plus a character is graphically depicted being killed "Giles Corey style"!

AAAARGH!

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote] Here's the hot bearded husband

OP, all them hurrur moovies done gone an’ ruint yo’ eyes!

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2020 12:45 AM

BLEED.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2020 5:36 PM

Meet Me in St. Louis?

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 5:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!