Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I broke down & bought a bidet!

Will I still be alive when it’s delivered on Wednesday?

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2020 10:18 AM

Which one did you buy?

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2020 4:46 PM

You do realize you need a plumber to install it? Good luck with that one...

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2020 4:48 PM

I hope you have a big bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2020 4:51 PM

If you're broken down the bidet can't put you back together, you know?

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2020 4:53 PM

I have one attached to my loo. I haven't looked back since.

And I was laughing smugly during the TP crisis.

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote]Which one did you buy?

"Erna"

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2020 5:02 PM

Nope, r2, all you need is a wrench. I’m handy with a wrench.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]I’m handy with a wrench.

Haawt!

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 5:06 PM

You bidet biddies are leaving out an important fact: You still have to wipe down your soaking pucker with TOILET PAPER. So what is saved? Not much.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 5:29 PM

You did NOT buy a bidet. You bought a bidet toilet seat or a hose. A bidet is a separate appliance that has to be installed like a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Yes, I bought a handheld sprayer, but does that change the FACT that you still have to wipe your asshole after you use a bidet or sprayer? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 6:01 PM

I bought a bidet too. My partner and I had always considered it, so we went ahead and bought one.

The whole experience of water being sprayed your crack is a little weird, but I'm getting used to it. IT actually was pretty easy to install ourselves--so we didn't hire a plumber.

Even though there's a dryer function included, it only sort of helps dry, so you still have to wipe once to dry.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 6:11 PM

Just get a portable one off of Amazon for 10 bucks. It’s like a squeezy bottle. Fill it up with warm water at the sink and douche away!

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 6:17 PM

r12 Again, NOT a bidet.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 6:18 PM

At least you don't have my problem, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2020 6:23 PM

Between a bidet and a fiber supplement, you only need 2 or 3 squares of tp.

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2020 1:23 AM

Can you spare a square R16?

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2020 2:36 AM

Just a helpful hint from Heloise: The first time you take it for a spin, set the power switch to "fire hose". You won't be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2020 2:45 AM

LISSEN UP, COCKSUCKERS. YOU WILL USE NO MORE THAN THREE SHEETS PER VISIT TO THE LATRINE: ONE SHEET TO WIPE UPWARD, ONE DOWNWARD, AND ONE TO POLISH. UNDERSTOOD?

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2020 2:47 AM

I have had a bidet seat for years, and until recently, I would use TP to dry off the water. With the run on toilet paper, I decided to take the opportunity to be more green. I ordered 60 white washcloths for $31.00 from Amazon, along with a basket for the back of the toilet. Now I just blot my clean hole with a washcloth, and put it in a dedicated waste basket next to the toilet. Wash in hot water, and repeat.

It's working out very well, and I don't have to worry about buying TP. It has made my bathroom less dusty as well.

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2020 2:51 AM

R14, yes it’s a bidet attached to a toilet seat.

A true bidet is a separate porcelain structure but no one uses those any more

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2020 7:59 PM

[Quote] You did NOT buy a bidet. You bought a bidet toilet seat or a hose. A bidet is a separate appliance that has to be installed like a toilet.

Oh please STFU

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2020 8:00 PM

Please, r20.

Spare us the sight of your blotted hole.

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2020 8:05 PM

[quote]A true bidet is a separate porcelain structure but no one uses those any more

Really? Most hotels and nicer homes in Europe have them.

by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2020 8:09 PM

Congrats, hon, your hole will go from brown to beige in no time!

by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote]Now I just blot my clean hole with a washcloth, and put it in a dedicated waste basket next to the toilet. Wash in hot water, and repeat.

Do you put in the washing machine with the rest of your clothes?

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2020 9:21 PM

I would think you would have to wash the cloths separately in hot water & bleach by themselves R26.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2020 9:31 PM

I bought one too at the dawn of the corona virus. I haven’t installed it yet. I guess I’m waiting for the toilet paper to run out.

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2020 9:42 PM

I want one of those toilets that sprays and then blows your asshole clean. Some even use UV light and disinfect themselves. Worth the $$$ in my opinion. I’ll probably save on TP too.

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2020 9:45 PM

I love my Bio Bidet. Love it. Better than my Toto.

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2020 9:49 PM

R23 Don't worry, you will never be granted a view of my sparkling clean hole

by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2020 10:24 PM

I wash them separately in hot water, R26

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2020 10:25 PM

It fills me with pride that people in my country are dying with clean asses!

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2020 10:26 PM

This conversation reminds me of the Vivian Leigh biography I read. No matter how bad things got with her mental health, she always changed her underwear several times a day and put a clean, fresh handkerchief over each pair. I’m not sure about the logistics, if they were in a pile or scattered around the room.

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2020 11:33 PM

Please report back OP. I can't quite picture the logistics of spraying your ass with enough water pressure to get it squeaky clean but not too much so you have water squirting everywhere. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2020 1:12 AM

R35, I’m really just expecting it to feel good, but I’ll take all the dopamine I can get right now.

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote]Don't worry, you will never be granted a view of my sparkling clean hole

Someone needs to invent a bidet with a camera! And a wi-fi connection!

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2020 1:28 AM

Probably available in Japan, R37.

They nasty

by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2020 2:03 AM

Forget the wimpy bidet. Just douche for that extra clean feeling!

by Anonymousreply 39April 1, 2020 2:05 AM

This one looks cool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2020 7:17 AM

Your anus may be clean, but how will you cleanse your soul?

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2020 10:44 AM

For those of us on a budget, would it be unforgivably trashy to just use a spray bottle normally used for plants? It's essentially the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 42April 1, 2020 11:54 AM

My bidet toilet seat (my second one) is not working properly on the regular setting, so it only works on VORTEX, which is almost enema-force. But it does the job.

by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote] Really? Most hotels and nicer homes in Europe have them.

And those were built over 50 years ago.

It's completely ridiculous to shit and be expected to walk to another fixture to clean your bum.

In modern times, we have a sprayfrom the toilet seat itself. It's like an iPhone vs, the old dial phone that was connected to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2020 4:04 PM

Once you get a Toto Washlet you never go back. Adjustable spray for cleaning. Blow dry if you choose. Also heated seat. Easily added to existing toilet. DIY.

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2020 7:25 PM

Will the Washlet work on my cocklet?

by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2020 8:21 PM

Thanks a lot 0P! I am now coveting a $700 toilet seat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2020 10:51 PM

Keep it simple, R47. I doubt there's a service policy for this beast, let alone a repairman willing to repair it in situ. Bound to fail. Or Electrocute.

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2020 10:54 PM

You’re right I’ll forget about it

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2020 12:33 AM

I bought a TUSHY for less than $100 last year. I LOVE it. Friends are afraid to use it. I also bought one for my mom. It took 5 minutes to install. Of course, it's only cold water, and it doesn't dry your hole...I still LOVE it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2020 1:04 AM

R42. You could just wash your butt in the shower. Then you don’t have to have some nasty spray bottle. Like someone else mentioned you use your washcloth once and then put it in the wash along with the others for the week. Bleach it and then it will be ready for use again. You don’t have to buy an expensive toilet seat but you will have to clean your shower more thoroughly.

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2020 1:51 AM

Can you put it in yourself?

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2020 2:25 AM

I've had two bidet toilet seats-- a Brondell and a BioBidet. Both similar. Remote control, different settings, dryer (which I never use.) You need an electrical connection and a water supply.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2020 2:35 AM

I want to know how a toilet seat can give you an enema!

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2020 6:45 AM

[quote]You do realize you need a plumber to install it? Good luck with that one...

Get a clue, R2.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2020 6:50 AM

[quote]You need an electrical connection and a water supply.

The newer generations of bidet seats do not require electricity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2020 6:54 AM

I can't believe you found one OP. I went on to Home Depot's website 2 weeks ago and every type of item (toilet seats, sprayers, bidets) was sold out

by Anonymousreply 57April 4, 2020 8:07 AM

r56 But then you have to connect it to your hot water, which is usually VERY inconvenient.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2020 3:55 PM

I "invested" in this hand-held, portable "bidet" on Indiegogo. Was supposed to be delivered in December; still not here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2020 3:57 PM

The 2 or 3 squares troll speaks the truth!

by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2020 3:58 PM

I recently had an encounter with one of those Uber fancy toilets at a hotel. Omg, a heated seat, night light and a million different options to spray my hole clean. Will definitely invest in one when we redo our bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2020 4:33 PM

We had the fancy warm water, blow dry, etc. and the simple under seat units. Save your money. The under-seat units work the best. I think I paid $45 for ours. Every few years we have to replace it. They are very easy to install. No plumber is necessary. We use a cloth rag to dry. We haven't bought TP in years. We do keep a roll available for timid guests. Also, the septic system is happier without all that paper. We would never go back.

by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2020 5:08 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, R59.

by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2020 6:36 PM

R62 if it’s not too much trouble can you post an example of what you’re talking about?

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2020 1:37 AM

There's a definite learning curve with this thing. I think maybe my water pressure is too high. I think you could rupture something with it turned on high. It was super easy to install, took less than 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2020 6:23 AM

The poop water afterward kind of grosses me out. I guess I could flush first and then use it and then flush again. And I still don't trust it to get me completely clean, even though it does, so I'm still using a bit of toilet paper. Also, afterward, I just have to stand there with my pants down until my butt dries. I could use a towel, but then I'd have to set out ass towels and wash them on top of everything else. Maybe I'll just get better at positioning my coinslot. I'm glad I bought the bidet (seat) and it does feel nice. But I still think toilet paper was a really great invention and I'm sorry it's gone extinct. Who woulda thunk the first casualty of the end of modern society would be toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2020 8:07 AM

Madonn'! It's so unfair! Why should you fags get bidets and not us fags?

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2020 10:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!