Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My friend wants to go on a walk with me?

She is elderly and says we will stay 6 feet apart. I don't really feel a need to walk with here and she doesn't need me for the walk. She is very social and walks all the time. I hear her up and down the street. Is a social distanced walk fine or not worth it at this point? I've been saying I'm busy. She keeps saying "How can you get it from 6 feet away???" Is she right?

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2020 5:06 PM

That's a tough call, OP. She sounds lonely and in need of someone to connect with. But there's so much about this virus we still don't know. Yes, we're told that maintaining a distance of 6 feet is safe, but do we really know that for sure? We're just going on our best educated guesses at this point.

I would be honest with her and tell her that you're most concerned about her health and that you want to do everything you can to help ensure she's safe and protected, and that means staying isolated. God forbid should she get sick, you wouldn't want to feel that you in any way contributed to her illness.

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2020 2:36 PM

LOL. I don't know why this thread made me chuckle so much. God bless your heart OP.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2020 2:39 PM

It is safe to go for a walk, keeping your distance. And yes R1, we do know it is safe. We keeping hearing, not from Trump, but people who know what they are talking about. You might even help her keep her distance when she talks with people.

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2020 2:40 PM

Go for a walk with her and rape her with a condom after.

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2020 2:44 PM

She fancies you and wants to grab your dick.

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2020 3:07 PM

Even the smartest, most well-informed people I know are both losing their minds and acting irrationally these days. I don't trust anyone.

If I were OP, I'd try to ease this woman's loneliness over the phone or via facetime but I wouldn't risk interacting with her in person unless she needed CPR or the Heimlich Maneuver.

Unless, of course, OP feels that comforting this woman is worth potentially (probably?) contracting an illness that could either kill him or cause irreparable lung damage.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2020 3:08 PM

Mental health is also an important consideration, so going for a walk is fine as long as you maintain the necessary distance.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2020 3:21 PM

Shut up, OP

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 3:23 PM

Have her write you into her will first.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 3:39 PM

Walk with her. How can you even ask?

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 4:03 PM

Go with her, OP. Keep your distance, you're not gonna get it from a walk.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 4:08 PM

I hope you get her pregnant you goddamn dirty filthy bastard!! FUCK YOU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 4:10 PM

She’s trying to kill you.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 4:20 PM

Buck wouldn't have gotten Corona.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 4:28 PM

My mother’s a retired nurse. She’s had to help various neighbourhood jerks and remove stitches and change wound dressings. All these people have adult children and spouses who could help but she has to suit and boot up and sterilise her remaining N95 mask in the oven and help them.

I kind of resent it because she is 76.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2020 4:40 PM

Report her to the authorities, you might get extra food rations in return.

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2020 5:04 PM

Go for the walk, but every time she gets within 6 feet of her, point and make the hideous screaming noise from the 1970s remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2020 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!