Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Lat of Above the Law Still Intubated w Coronavirus - In Bad Shape

Docs have stopped administering any experimental drugs to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2020 1:13 AM

He’s 44.

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2020 12:34 AM

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2020 12:47 AM

Shit that is scary. Basically none of the risk factors, not obese, not a smoker, no heart problems, not diabetic

This thing really seems random

I have a friend in his late fifties, smoker, heart problems, diabetic, overweight, HIV+, the whole package. He reckons he had it a few weeks ago, and all the symptoms sounded right, he thought it was just a hell of a bad flu, he was in bed a couple of weeks but didnt need to go to hospital. Reckons he caught it off a homeless person he interacted with (not sexually!) which sounds about right as they as a reservoir of diseases. Friend has recovered OK, he has been trying to get tested to confirm, self isolated to make sure he didnt pass it on

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2020 12:48 AM

Outdated story.

As of today, he's out of the ICU ward, off the ventilator and doing "worlds better."

Anything could still happen, but it's a positive direction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2020 12:52 AM

As the chicken littles will tell you, the virus kills just when you start thinking you’re recovering...

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2020 1:00 AM

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to, R5.

But to stay in the present... he tweeted about the importance of ventilators an hour ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2020 1:04 AM

R4 Glad to hear he looks sweet, hope he stays recovered

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Yes. I'm glad that he's recovering.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 2:09 AM

I said this in another thread but he was a marathon runner, endurance exercise like running a marathon suppresses the immune system. People should be doing moderate exercise only these days. Glad to hear he is doing better.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 2:22 AM

Per his Twitter, David is now off oxygen therapy.

Good news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2020 4:27 AM

He has asthma.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2020 5:05 AM

He is a very young-looking 44, or in DL terms, someone who actually is __ age but looks 10 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2020 5:13 AM

R12: Black don't crack, as they say, and Asian don't raisin.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2020 7:04 AM

Another update: He's on the mend after 17 days in the hospital and six on a ventilator, and is being discharged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2020 8:50 PM

Happy to hear this news R14. Looks like he’s been to hell and back. Wonder if he ran into any DLers. 😊

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2020 8:54 PM

17 days in the hospital is a huge deal these days. If everyone who comes down with it has to stay that long, there's no way we're going to be able to cope.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2020 10:15 PM

NYU Langone is an excellent hospital. It's a good thing he was there. I had triple bypass surgery there last year and it was the most professional medical environment I ever experienced.

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2020 10:24 PM

So happy to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2020 12:54 AM

Agree, r16.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2020 1:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!