Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A case of Purell hand wipes was mistakenly delivered to me on Friday

That's 10 boxes of 100 wipes, just to do the math for you.

The delivery person delivered them to the wrong address. He got the street right but the house number wrong -- like, way wrong. I am not even sure how he made the mistake, that's how dissimilar the two numbers are.

I had been planning to drop them off at the correct owner, but I just went by the store to pick up some toilet paper and shortages are still in full effect where I live. I was only able to get 1 package of four rolls due to rationing/purchase limits.

Should I keep these wipes for a "rainy day?"

What would you do?

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2020 9:15 PM

Give them to their rightful owner. If the owner is nice, they'll reward you with some of their supply.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 10:42 PM

I agree with R1. You could also offer to buy some from him.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 10:45 PM

If it was an Amazon delivery the correct recipient will get an email from Amazon that the package was delivered along with a photograph of your porch.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 10:46 PM

You opened the box, knowing it was addressed to someone else. Your immediate reaction wasn’t to correct the mistake. Instead, you considered pilfering them. You sound like a neighbor anyone would be lucky to have, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 10:47 PM

It's cute that the OP doesn't realize these delivery people typically take a photo of the package after they deliver it as "proof" that they delivered it. When the neighbor inevitably bitches about a lack of delivery (as I did a couple of weeks ago when my package ended up being delivered to the wrong house in the street and I had to go a-knocking), the photograph will be forwarded to them at which point your neighbor will recognize the front of your house and come a-knocking. Do you really want to start a street war, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 10:47 PM

I wouldn't have opened a carton that was obviously mis-delivered and didn't belong to me. What the hell is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 11:16 PM

They don't take a picture of it. I can't tell you how many times I never got a package and there was never a picture.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 11:17 PM

From what company??!

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 11:28 PM

This EST again?

OP you’ve done this before, but not at the height of a pandemic.

Dick.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 11:30 PM

I would consider it a late Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 12:10 AM

OP will be put in a county jail, awaiting trial until summer! Serve her fat criminal ass right, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 12:14 AM

I would deliver it to the rightful owner with a note.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 12:15 AM

You know the answer. Why are you asking?

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 12:16 AM

Could be for an emergency worker. Or someone with cancer or other diseases with no immune system that direly needs them.

Can you live with the knowledge you directly caused the death(s) of the intended recipient(s)?

People that take others property need a baseball bat to the head.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 12:16 AM

This sounds like a clear cut case of finders keepers losers LOSERS.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2020 12:16 AM

Take it to your neighbors house. Leave a note with your contact information so they can give you some wipes. If they’re not grateful egg their house

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2020 12:21 AM

OP - I got 3 huge black dildos and 6 large bottles of poppers delivered to me on Friday. I know where they were supposed to go - the very hot BDSM master who lives down the street. He has a dungeon in his basement. I opened them on purpose, to piss him off when I return them. First I have to get my ass deeply empty and clean. So I'll be ready for my punishment.

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2020 12:39 AM

I didn’t open the box. It’s actually a Purelle box, perhaps straight from the manufacturer. I don’t know. But the contents are clearly indicated on the outside, including the quantities.

Any other stupid assumptions, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2020 5:03 AM

Look at the address it was sent from, if you would. Does it have a company name?

I need to buy some. My father is 200 years old.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2020 5:08 AM

Don't be a dick Op, give it to it's rightful owners.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2020 5:11 AM

No. Give them to the rightful owner asap. Its good karma.

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2020 5:14 AM

I sent my mother an Amazon package. When she wasn’t at home to receive it The driver took a photo of the package propped up against her front door as proof of delivery. UPS tracks the exact location of the delivery. One of my packages was delivered to the wrong address. I called when it didn’t arrive on time and they were able to trace it.

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2020 6:07 AM

Um, call the company that mis-delivered it. They'll send a driver out to pick it up and deliver it to the correct address. I didn't need DL when UPS made several mis-deliveries to my building awhile ago. You make the call, you leave the package outside, they pick it up. You're done.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2020 7:44 AM

I decided to keep the wipes and send two $20 dollar bills to the correct address, with no explanation and no return address. I just sent it out this afternoon.

Sorry, but this way I get to have a clear conscience AND still be able to wipe my ass.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2020 8:59 PM

On the off-chance that you're not just trolling, you're a piece of shit with no integrity.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2020 9:08 PM

Of course he’s trolling, r25. And when the thread died he bumped it up with something controversial to get it going again. This is not his first rodeo using the exact same scenario.

Don’t feed the troll.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2020 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!