Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don’t those “ear pods” cause hearing damage?

First of all, they look ridiculous and are completely impractical. And not just these, all of the in-ear headphones are extremely uncomfortable, to the point of being painful for some people. Yet the lemmings all had to line up for hours or order them months ahead so they can fit in with the cool kids.

I would never let my kid wear those in order to attempt to fit it with the crowd.

How long until it comes out that they cause premature hearing loss and the manufacturers get sued to oblivion.?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 10:44 PM

Frau cunt thread.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 8:59 PM

WHAT?!?!

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote]How long until it comes out that they cause premature hearing loss and the manufacturers get sued to oblivion.?

You do realize that people have warned for literally DECADES since the introduction of the very first Sony Walkman cassette players that the use of headphones might lead to hearing loss.

While there is some evidence that earbuds (the ones that go in your ear canal) may be higher risk than over the ear headphones - due to proximity to eardrum as tiny as that distance may seem - absolute volume will play a larger role in potential hearing loss.

You can return to your mommy boards and beat the drum there. We are a bit more educated than your average mommy brigade.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 9:47 PM

I work a job where I wear headphones every single day. I had my hearing tested last year because I noticed I have to ask friends to repeat stuff a lot when talking to me.

I have hearing loss. Not a lot but some. The doctor told me to turn the volume way down on the headphones.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 10:12 PM

That's kind of the point of in ear earbuds, they are by design noise isolating, and you don't need to turn the volume up as loud to enjoy crisp clear sound.

I'm a huge fan of Shure brand earbuds. Some of their models can be really pricey. I usually stick to the ones in the $250 - $300 ish range.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 10:33 PM

People are like robot clones and when they see someone else do something they will save all their money, beg, borrow or steal to copy it. Zero originality.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 10:35 PM

R5 What's that about a fool and his money?

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 10:35 PM

R7, it's not really *that* foolish considering, I really only listen to music via my earbuds. In other words, I don't have a pimped out sound system in my car, I don't have some over the top home theater system in my house, I don't have a pimped out stereo setup either, or a pimped out speaker setup for my computer, etc... Just my earbuds.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!