Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cunty Englishman Gets Outcunted, Verbally Slapped, and Cancelled by Online Grocer Ocado Executive!

Ocado exec simply MUST be a Datalounger!

Read the harrowing tale found in the Financial Times comment section below:

‘My wife was trying for almost a week to log onto the Ocado platform.

She was faced with either the system being down, crashing, or virtual queues of thousands (and wait times of over an hour) then more wait times.

Finally, yesterday, Friday, my wife got a message saying that she had priority access.

Once again there were long virtual queues and having to log-in repeatedly.

Finally, success! Order placed.

But what's this? No delivery slots. So much for so called priority access.

My wife sent a complaint to customer support and back came the automated anodyne response.

That was when I began to get mildly irritated.

Ocado prides itself on its technology. That is what its P/E is predicated upon. I spent over 25 years working in the financial information business where clients do not accept system outages or delays (not that these don't happen), but all grown-up players have built in resilience to cater not just with normal peaks but peaks beyond black swan events. You also must plan to react to events.

Ocado is a platform which should be more resilient.

Anyhow I sent an e-mail to the Chairman and CEO of Ocado pointing all the above. Please note that my criticisms were to with resilience.

OK, perhaps my comments were a trifle jocular. For example I made a joking reference to what would have happened in my old shop if the system(s) performed like the Ocado platform in recent weeks - "'would be having heads on pikes, public floggings, the guillotine if it ever got this bad.' Note this was what would have happened in my old shop [if the performance was as bad as Ocado's (and it never was).

This morning, we received an e-mail from the Ocado Executive Office, cancelling our account.

"Dear Mr and Mrs *,

Thank you both for your emails into Ocado and Tim Steiner who has asked that I, as a member of his team, take ownership of this issue and reply accordingly.

I would like to apologise for the problems you have faced in trying to use our systems, I fully appreciate these have been testing times. We have been working around the clock to adapt our award winning service to feed the nation as best and responsibly as we can with the unprecedented demand we face.

Having reviewed all communications there were suggestions that I find unacceptable, including but not limited to 'would be having heads on pikes, public floggings, the guillotine if it ever got this bad.'

We are working extremely hard to accommodate such demand whilst implementing measures to take care of the nations vulnerable. Your words are neither constructive or supportive to the challenge not just Ocado, but the nation face. It is clear we do not meet your requirements so for this reason the decision has been taken to close your Ocado account with immediate effect, this will also be extended to any other accounts that may relate to you directly in any way.

I do hope you are able to find a suitable supermarket or online delivery service to suit your requirements."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 4:08 PM

Don’t get mad, get even.

Well done, Ocado.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 4:18 PM

“ the decision has been taken to close your Ocado account with immediate effect, this will also be extended to any other accounts that may relate to you directly in any way.”

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 4:24 PM

Yet the CEO gives himself a £54m bonus when they make no money. Fuck Ocado and all retail profiteers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 4:25 PM

Escandolo!

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 4:26 PM

Karen goes Brittanic.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 4:41 PM

So they provide no service, give you the run around for a week while making you jump through hoops and then cancel your account if you dare bitch about it? Cute.

If this company only wants good press then maybe they should get their shit (and their website) together and actually provide the service they're charging people for. It's not like they're the only game in town. They have competition. Act accordingly.

It's ridiculous that it takes a week to log onto a website in order to buy food then you have to jump through more hoops before finally getting told they don't deliver which is the whole point of the website in the first place. Of course customers would be frustrated. They're trying to buy groceries and you strung them along for a week and all for naught. Why? Shits and giggles?

And don't get me started on that obscene bonus he gave himself.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 4:57 PM

WE ARE DOING THE BEST WE CAN WITH OUR AWARD-WINNING SERVICE AND HELPING THE MOST NEEDY AMONGST US! YOU'RE DEAD TO US! DEAD!

---- Posted from Aruba

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 5:20 PM

None of the systems were built for this kind of demand. It’s not normal times. Anybody who can’t maintain some perspective and cede a little ground in this, I’m no more sympathetic to them and I am the 54 million pound bonus. The guy wasn’t bitching about being out of food, he was bitching about his convenience. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 5:40 PM

Than I am to the bonus. The bonus is insane.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 5:40 PM

I’m glad you clarified that, r9, cause I was thinking “54 million pounds? Damn this sommamabitch is fat, even with the exchange rate!”

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 5:47 PM

I hate whinging customers who fire off snarky complaint letters.

And being a Pom, no one whinges more.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!