Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When will we be able to readily purchase cleaning products, sanitizer, and toilet paper again?

I was hoping that the scarcity of these items was going to subside after a few of weeks once all of the psychopaths had gotten the hoarding out of their systems, but I went to multiple grocery stores yesterday and was still unable to find any of these products. I sure as hell hope the manufacturing workers at Purell and Charmin are working overtime, but it doesn't seem promising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2020 1:23 PM

I also never thought I'd see the day where anyone would pay $150+ (with shipping) for a bottle of glycerin and rubbing alcohol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 11:17 AM

I have the same question, OP! I thought that we’d at least be able to find some of these items by now, but it’s still extremely scarce out there and I haven’t been able to really find any of the items you mentioned (including rubbing alcohol) almost a month since this all began...

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 11:18 AM

I found bog roll yesterday in London at WILKO - which is a sort of new Woolworth's here. I told my neighbour about WILKO (89 yrs old ) in my daily email and she was most sniffy about it.

I happen to have loved Woolworth's...and now WILKO.

But no lunch counter, sadly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 11:26 AM

Thank you, OP. I just reported this asshole for price gouging.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 11:39 AM

That should be reply 1.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 11:41 AM

R5 you ain't seen nothin' yet—people are willingly paying $1,500+ for a box of 12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 12:02 PM

It doesn't bother me as much when the bid goes that high organically, r6. The seller in the r1 auction has his reserve for one bottle set higher than the current high bid of $152.00. That's gouging.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 12:26 PM

I did too, r4.

R7, those bids are fake bids to build up the price. Don’t be fooled. I reported both for gouging.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 12:29 PM

[quote] I told my neighbour about WILKO (89 yrs old ) in my daily email and she was most sniffy about it.

I would be too if, at 89 years old, I got an email from you. Every. Fucking. Day.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 12:30 PM

R8, how do you distinguish a fake bid from a real bid?

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 12:31 PM

I am buying it all out still bitches. I have over 144 rolls and still need more! Get out of my way and get a bidet.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2020 12:42 PM

I have OCD, I use Hand sanitizer every damn day. All of a sudden, I can't find what I need cause fools have decided to become germaphobes in the last few weeks. Motherfuckers, this is my life! do you not know that I live and breathe germaphobia! How dare you deny me my Clorox, Wet Ones, and Purell!. I am not a stable person, I needs my Isopropyl!!!

And Scene....

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 12:47 PM

r11 has a humongous ass to wipe.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2020 1:09 PM

R10, there’s no obvious way, or eBay would shut down the account. One way to do it, though, is to have all your friends and family “bid” on the item to boost the price. If they “win,” you simply shut the listing and repost later.

But it’s quite suspicious to get numerous bids on an item that would ordinarily cost maybe $12-15 going for over a thousand, in spite of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2020 1:17 PM

And in reality, all you need is to collaborate with two other friends to bid against each other.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2020 1:18 PM

My local Wegmans has been flush with bottled water and paper towels the past week after being completely out of stock. The toilet paper, while still sporadic, is there if you go early in the morning but I’d imagine they’re working on getting more of that, too.

Give it some time. They’re all dealing with unprecedented supply chain issues right now.

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2020 1:22 PM

Yeah - I don’t understand how people are still buying huge supplies. Don’t they already have like 2 months worth? I haven’t bought any since this started. Now, obscure items like frozen organic blueberries are selling out daily. WTF? Who is buying huge quantities of frozen organic blueberries? Like months worth?

Interesting behavior - curious if this evidences our animalistic behavior of survival or our trained capitalist/materialistic behavior that makes us find safety in possessions.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2020 1:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!