Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CABIN FEVER

Those of you going stir crazy with "cabin fever?"

Just go outside. It won't kill you.

Take a walk. Get some fresh air. Go to the grocery store. Do something normal.

It will clear your head.

The more you stay indoors, the more mental you will get.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2020 5:12 AM

OP for the win!

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 1:05 AM

Agree with OP's sentiment.

Except don't go to the grocery store / drugstore / gas station just for the hell of it. Go when you need / can't do without something. Otherwise, no.

Parks? Forest preserves? Empty side streets? By all means. Just respect your fellow man's 6 feet.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 1:06 AM

Great advice! I'd follow it, but I'm sick so I gotta stay home for awhile yet...

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 1:07 AM

My problem is all the pollen in my area. Trees are blooming and I’m highly allergic to them. I go for walks, and then come back itchy and sneezy. It sucks. Otherwise, I’m all for it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 1:11 AM

Some people like me are antisocial. But if you have to go out, observe the two yards.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 1:11 AM

The parks around here have been very crowded with people with the same idea. Just take a walk through your local subdivision or downtown.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 1:19 AM

It’s raining. I cannot go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 1:21 AM

R7 where are you? Get your rain gear out and go for a walk, keep your 2 yards; the virus hates water!

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 1:26 AM

I agree, R8.

The best time to go for a walk is when it's raining, because no one else is out!

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 1:46 AM

i am only upset because the newly adopted store hours have eliminated my 11pm fridge restocking trips.

now i have to go with all of the other people. it actually puts ME at greater risk.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Haha, lucky you, OP, with your parks and leisurely strolls. I have a lockdown where people are allowed outside -singly- to seek food or healthcare or vital needs, to walk a dog, or to go to and from work (that hasn't been shuttered as non-essential.) Parks are closed.

A nice long walk would be most welcome.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2020 2:01 AM

Yes. Was never a big runner, but I've managed to run 1.5-2.5 miles in our neighborhood every day (save for 2 or 3) since the SF Bay Area shelter in place started on 3/16.

It's my sanity check that I look forward to starting around 3pm. We'll probably be teleworking through April and even May so I'm glad I found this healthy routine early on.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 2:57 AM

I need to get out of the house everyday, especially at this time, for the sake of my emotional health, so I go for a walk everyday, go to the grocery story, and sometimes walk to a nearby convenience store as well as a big drugstore. I refuse to be cooped up in the house everyday.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2020 3:05 AM

If you ever get bored, just CLEAN.

And clean, and clean and clean.

There is so much to do around the house/apartment, when it comes to cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2020 10:26 AM

The first rational, sane, practical thread since Wuflu madness began. WW OP!

If you're sitting at home, open your windows for an hour or more, if possible. Nothing refreshes and soothes like fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2020 10:40 AM

You should also make sure to shower every day, and start off your day with a solid meal.

Even if you have nothing to do, it will give you something to do.

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2020 10:54 AM

Absolutely terrible advice from the OP.

Stay HOME you fucking morons. It can’t be transmitted if we’re not near each other.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2020 10:57 AM

Staying home saves lives. Home includes the yard for those lucky enough to have one. Keep 2 yards from the neighbors and anyone in the street.

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2020 2:36 PM

R17? Get a grip.

I hate to break it to you, but there are literally MILLIONS of people roaming about outdoors, every day.

They are going to work, going shopping for groceries, exercising, going to the doctor's office, etc. ALL LEGAL.

A person who wants to go outside by themselves, for a little fresh air and a walk each day, won't kill anyone.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2020 2:38 PM

Going out will kill us all but keep doing it morons.

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2020 2:42 PM

I’m in Philadelphia r8...

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote] Going out will kill us all

No it won't.

Sick people going out will do that. People who haven't been tested and are going out will do that.

If you don't have the virus, it's perfectly fine to take a walk outside.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2020 10:09 PM

R22 continues to moronize. Just shut up. You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2020 3:38 AM

This is a joke right? Literally stay at home unless you need food or have an important medical appointment. It's quite simple unless you are a moron.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2020 3:45 AM

Four or five nights a week, I go for a long walk in my neighborhood with my husband. We leave at 10pm and get back just before 11pm. Almost no one is out. We get our exercise and fresh air without worrying about social distancing. And it’s romantic.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2020 3:49 AM

r25 "almost no one is out"... famous last words of many deceased Covid victims.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote] This is a joke right? Literally stay at home unless you need food or have an important medical appointment. It's quite simple unless you are a moron.

No. YOU'RE the moron. And quite paranoid, too.

Every single city and state in the country has said that it's OKAY and LEGAL to go out for a walk, and to get some exercise.

As long as you practice safe social distancing, then it's fine.

P.S., the world doesn't revolve around YOUR rules.

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2020 3:56 AM

R26, if we get Covid from walking on one side of the street when someone else is on the opposite sidewalk, I will have to suffer those consequences. So far, no one has been within 15 feet of us. Most nights we don’t see anyone at all. We’re lucky enough to own a house in SoCal so we aren’t in an apartment building with shared spaces. The one time we’ve been to the grocery store, we were covered head to toe. Masks, glasses, gloves, hoodies.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2020 3:57 AM

I thought the point was to get out during the day and get some Vitamin D going??

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2020 3:59 AM

This late stage in the game and people are still being cavalier about going to the stores. Unbelievable but not completely surprising because plenty of Americans have proven to be total dumbasses. Apparently the concept of staying at home is difficult to grasp.

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2020 4:11 AM

Many doctors are actually saying that being out in the sunshine is better for your health, than locking yourself indoors.

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2020 9:43 PM

^^^ Also, four out of five dentists recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum!

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2020 9:04 AM

I don't suffer from cabin fever. I've always been what in law enforcement is termed as a house cat.

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2020 2:01 PM

I was so close to adopting/fostering a cat, but my nearest shelter said they all got adopted/fostered before they temporarily closed.

I'd really like to have a cute pussy to keep me company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2020 2:45 PM

I went to the grocery store, and a woman in a mask told me to "STEP BACK, PLEASE! SIX FEET! NO OFFENSE."

Fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2020 9:02 PM

Use apps to whack off with people.

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2020 9:06 PM

Seriously though, R35, maybe you were too close?

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2020 9:08 PM

You think they're crazy now, wait until all the bills are coming due and there is no money, not to mention people will eventually run out of money completely for even food. Don' look for that check anytime soon either, everyone knows how the government works even if there is someone sane as president, now with this freaking cunt, there won't be checks going out very fast. People will be in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2020 9:19 PM

The grocery store is a risky place, given all the hoarders and people not respecting social distancing. Tired of encountering those çrappy people. I have gone to pick-up in reserved spots from ordering online. I prefer that to delivery, given where I live I have a longtime partner and pets, so I don't feel isolated.

I do miss going to a local restaurant in the mornings, drink a couple cups of coffee, eat breakfast, read the daily newspaper, and often chat with friends and acquaintances that may be there. Recently retired and have a mini-farm.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2020 9:46 PM

A woman at Aldi this afternoon was wearing a motorcycle helmet as she walked through the produce.

by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2020 12:16 AM

^^^ "Bikers Suck."

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2020 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!