Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have friends that refuse to follow Quarantine!!!

They don’t even pretend. They say they don’t care and go out to gatherings or the Park etc.

I’m getting so annoyed with some of them, who refuse to stay inside away from others! They don’t care people are dying, all they care is that they’re having fun.

My married friends in Las Vegas don’t care. They even say that it won’t harm them because they’re young, it’s only “old people” so they don’t care.

This guy Brandon says he could care less if old people are dying because he thinks the world will be a “better and happier” place without them. Smh.

I’m pissed.

PS I am 28.

by Anonymousreply 60March 31, 2020 12:33 AM

I know. It's stupid and sick! THEY are going to be the reason why Trump will enact forceable quarantine nationwide!!

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2020 10:39 PM

I'm 25 and I spent all of last week with a terrible fever, aches and chills all over my body, and a cough. I had never been that ill ever in my life.

They just need to experience it for themselves. They sound too selfish to understand it otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2020 10:44 PM

This guy Brandon says He Could Care Less if old people are dying...

The why doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2020 10:47 PM

Honestly, this is why this will go on through summer in the US.

And with many employers adding COVID-19-friendly leave policies (paid two weeks off on top of regular sick, like mine, plus liberal unpaid leave), people will just figure they'll deal with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, American entitleism is its own worst enemy.

We'll never see a national quarantine. ACLU will make sure of that.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2020 10:48 PM

My mom's caregiver went to a funeral last week and now the dumb bitch is in quarantine.

I mean if someone close to you died fine, but she's the type who has to go to funerals for anyone and everyone she knows just to make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2020 10:49 PM

R3 he is 25

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2020 10:51 PM

You HAD friends that refuse to follow Quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2020 10:51 PM

Let's face it: your friends are trash.

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2020 10:52 PM

Looks like R4 discovered a novel way to trash Americans again because, Americans, amirite!?! Entitlement doesn't come from a race or country, Eurotrash. It is a uniquely ugly and human trait. You and all your non-American love to shit talk us but when you need to buy some groceries or be rescued from those bad men, we are the first ones you simps call. So sit down and eat at your food.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2020 10:55 PM

1/3 of all hospitalizations for Covid are under 40!

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2020 10:57 PM

Ask your friends if you can have their stuff.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2020 11:00 PM

R9 : shuttup, neocon

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 11:00 PM

You're a good friend for being concerned and trying to help them. Take care of yourself. Stay away from them, physically.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 11:10 PM

I wipe my ass with "Euro", R12.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2020 11:23 PM

And those assholes will be the ones saying that they should have taken it seriously when they catch it and start hacking up their lungs.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2020 11:28 PM

My county has 753 more cases than it had yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2020 11:31 PM

I snuck out to the park yesterday, and walked for a bit, keeping at least ten feet away from other people.

Much to my astonishment, I saw a group of teenagers hanging out on the lawn... all keeping six feet away from each other! With no adults to tell them to do so! It was enough to give me a shred of hope for humanity.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2020 11:34 PM

Wish that is what I saw. R17

I can’t even get customers to keep 6 feet away from my associates at work.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2020 11:36 PM

I took a walk Thursday night and saw several groups of idiots playing touch football and basketball.

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2020 11:41 PM

R9 I'm American, but glad I provided you with an outlet for your agenda.

Dunno WTF you are talking about though, as Americans can't seem to get groceries or TP or this virus under control.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2020 11:53 PM

Fortunately, this problem will likely resolve itself when they get sick. So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2020 11:57 PM

I’m in NYC and I have a friend in upstate NY who is convinced the virus won’t make it up there.

I have an acquaintance in the LA area who insists it’s just a government hoax.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2020 12:04 AM

R22 one of my coworkers says it’s a hoax and she always tries hugging everyone. I won’t let her.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2020 12:06 AM

On the upside, when these people get sick and if they survive, assuming that it confers some level of immunity for some period afterwards, they would contribute to reaching the target immunity levels in the population necessary to put this episode behind us.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2020 12:10 AM

R2, I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Plus, you’re hot so I’m “sliding in.” Lol.

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2020 12:11 AM

^^^oh, and if the don't survive, they lower the denominator, so same same...

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2020 12:11 AM

R23, Does she know what the word “hoax“ means?

Are all the people being buried only pretending to be dead and lying quietly in their coffins being buried alive without complaint? Are red states and blue states conspiring together to pretend people are sick? Is Trump having press conferences every day pretending there’s an epidemic when there isn’t? Why?

You would think even if she refuses to believe Dr Fauci or any other doctor, she’d believe Trump. And he’s ready to shut down NYC.

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2020 12:12 AM

Lost my best friend over this and it still doesn't hurt as much as reading about all the people dying unnecessarily. He argued with me that I was overreacting and that this wasn't that big of a deal all while going about his business and potentially exposing some pretty vulnerable people. I cried, I pleaded and eventually gave up.

I won't forgive. Too late for that now.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2020 12:13 AM

R23, she’s trying to hug people?! Wtf

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2020 12:18 AM

Get better friends, OP. They sound like selfish assholes.

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2020 12:21 AM

Clowns

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2020 12:21 AM

Yes. When she sees some of us co-workers she likes she comes to hug us.

by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2020 12:21 AM

I'm in the expendable age bracket, and so is my boyfriend. We do a lot to help other people. It's frightening that people can be so cavalier about the lives of others. I'd ditch them.

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2020 12:23 AM

In times like these you learn who and what a friend really is. Time for some hard decisions, OP. Be as ruthless as they are.

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2020 12:25 AM

No, people are not even close to following the suggestions and recommendations. I walked my dog yesterday in a park and saw an acquaintance who was with his dog. I was stunned when he called out, “can I give you a hug?” I shook my head and said, “no.” WTF?? Two weeks into this and people still don’t get it?

I went to the CVS today to pick up a prescription and people there definitely didn’t get it. One bitch kept picking up boxes of food carrying them around in her arms, dropping them, and then putting them back on the shelf — all the while not keeping her distance from anyone else. She wasn’t alone — most people seemed equally clueless.

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2020 12:25 AM

I was just on an elevator and this fat bitch with a bike came on and kept breathing on me. I wanted to lose it. 4 of us on the elevator, 3 with our heads down and she just is whatever.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 12:33 AM

Sorry , OP. 0/10

by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2020 12:36 AM

Yes. Because people not caring is SO HARD to believe.

Don’t you have another thread about a closeted gay celeb that IS SO TRUE to go comment on?

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Well hopefully they killed around baby your grandma not mine. Selfish bastards. That’s so disappointing to hear.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2020 12:52 AM

Find the nearest adult and tattle, OP.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2020 12:55 AM

OP, promise us that if one of these persons survives the virus that you'll point and laugh at them hooked up to a respirator as they stagger through some shopping mall.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2020 1:05 AM

You're young OP. As you get older the unbelievable selfishness of human beings will not surprise you anymore, nor will every other horrid things human beings are for the most part. What will surprise you are the good, kind, generous, selfless, non greedy people. There are some and it's always a good feeling to come across one.

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2020 1:08 AM

R32 on Monday morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote] Well hopefully they killed around baby your grandma not mine.

Say what now?

by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2020 1:45 AM

I'm 25 and have "gone out" - went to the store/pharmacy - maybe twice in the past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2020 1:57 AM

I went out yesterday. I’m done. See you this summer, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 46March 29, 2020 2:03 AM

I have a friend who is a sex addict. I'm sure he's still hooking up daily.

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2020 2:03 AM

My mom accused me of hooking up still when I haven’t been out unless necessary. Lmao. She called me to tell me she thinks I’m infected 🙄🙄🙄

She’s nuts

by Anonymousreply 48March 29, 2020 2:06 AM

MURIEL, THE KLAN GRANNIES ARE HERE!

RACISTS IN RESIDENCE!

PLEASE LOCKDOWN THIS THREAD AS YOU HAVE MANY OTHERS.

by Anonymousreply 49March 29, 2020 2:40 AM

To be honest, here in Ohio, I haven't seen many people flouting the regulations. Family Dollar had little Xes of electrical tape marking a 6 ft distance in the line. The same thing at Subway. All the workers are wearing face masks and gloves. The cashiers are quick to tell people to back off (some people don't even notice the regulations). At my doctor's office, I had to sanitize my hands, and my brother was told to wait in the building lobby. I guess there's an advantage to being a frigid Midwesterner. I never get up close to other people I don't know, but I've learned not to freak out when it happens. Now, I don't mind telling people to step back.

by Anonymousreply 50March 29, 2020 3:17 AM

My cousin is recovering, but not out of danger of dying just yet. OP, you might tell these people:

[/italic] “These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.” [/italic]

Thomas Payne, 1776

Then tell them that before the end of the year, they will begin living in daily fear that their neighbors will find them and literally tear their arms and legs from their bodies. They can be heroes, or they can be traitors, and get the fate that each deserve.

by Anonymousreply 51March 29, 2020 4:54 AM

I don’t think they care r51.

by Anonymousreply 52March 29, 2020 2:35 PM

The ACLU is right. "Sheltering in place", "social distancing" and any government mandate that summarily restricts citizens' constitutional right to freedom of movement and assembly are unconstitutional. Declare Martial Law, THEN mandate all you want. Otherwise, it's FASCISM.

by Anonymousreply 53March 29, 2020 2:40 PM

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States [bold] and between states. [/bold]

States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Tribes also have police power authority to take actions that promote the health, safety, and welfare of their own tribal members. Tribal health authorities may enforce their own isolation and quarantine laws within tribal lands, if such laws exist.

The federal government

Acts to prevent the entry of communicable diseases into the United States. Quarantine and isolation may be used at U.S. ports of entry. Is authorized to take measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases between states. May accept state and local assistance in enforcing federal quarantine. May assist state and local authorities in preventing the spread of communicable diseases. State, local, and tribal authorities

Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders. It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Enforcement If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement officers to enforce a public health order.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance.

by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2020 10:10 PM

The Health Department has been quarantining people by force for centuries. Ever hear of Typhoid Mary? She was an asymptomatic typhoid carrier. She kept going out and getting jobs in food service until they caught up with her. She ended up committed to a hospital for life against her will for thirty years. Wikipedia:

“The New York City Health Inspector determined she was a carrier. Under sections 1169 and 1170 of the Greater New York Charter, Mallon was held in isolation for three years at a clinic located on North Brother Island.” [She was eventually released, continued to infect people and was taken into custody again].

“In prison, she was forced to give stool and urine samples. Authorities suggested removing her gallbladder because they believed typhoid bacteria resided there. However, she refused as she did not believe she carried the disease. She was also unwilling to cease working as a cook.

“Mallon spent the rest of her life in quarantine at the Riverside Hospital. Six years before her death, she was paralyzed by a stroke. On November 11, 1938, she died of pneumonia at age 69. A post-mortem found evidence of live typhoid bacteria in her gallbladder.” [There’s some confusion about whether there was actually an autopsy].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 30, 2020 12:08 AM

On a more positive note, not everyone is as stupid as your friends, OP. I live in D.C., and it's amazing to me to see streets that would normally be jammed with cars virtually devoid of any traffic at the height of what would have been rush hour.

by Anonymousreply 56March 30, 2020 12:17 AM

Sorry to sound like a prim great-aunt, but are people still hooking up via Grindr etc.?

by Anonymousreply 57March 30, 2020 12:24 AM

R57 yes. I am not but I have been reached out to so I know people are still doing it.

by Anonymousreply 58March 30, 2020 12:27 AM

I told my frau friend upstate about Cuomo asking healthcare workers to come down here to NYC and then we’ll return the favor when it gets up there and she’s insists it won’t.

There is no reasoning with her.

by Anonymousreply 59March 30, 2020 8:59 PM

I’m surprised my next door neighbor isn’t here. They come out here Memorial Day weekend without fail & go back Labor Day weekend. I thought when the schools closed they’d come out here. I wonder if it’s because they don’t want to turn the heat on in their house. They’ll probably be strapped. They sell dessert products to NYC restaurants. They’re not the kind of restaurants that will be doing takeout & even if they were, I doubt anyone is ordering specialty desserts to go.

by Anonymousreply 60March 31, 2020 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!