Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump may quarantine the New York metropolitan area

Says Washington Post app notification.

(link does not go to details)

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2020 2:58 PM

Website has this: “ In a gaggle with reporters, President Trump said he is considering a quarantine on New York, parts of New Jersey and Connecticut. He said he might make a decision later today.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2020 5:02 PM

Under that WaPo headline it states: In a gaggle with reporters, President Trump said he is considering a quarantine on New York, parts of New Jersey and Connecticut. He said he might make a decision later today.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2020 5:02 PM

He so fucking hates NY.

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2020 5:04 PM

But where will Melania shop?

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2020 5:09 PM

The virus has already spread everywhere at this point.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2020 5:10 PM

He implied that he’s doing it because too many people from the Tri State Area are going down to Florida, he said that right after he said he had just spoken to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2020 5:12 PM

Because New York knows what a piece of shit he is and have known for years.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2020 5:12 PM

Should have done it a week ago or more. Busses and subways should be restricted except for essential personnel who should have to show ID.

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2020 5:14 PM

More than a week r8, like three weeks ago maybe it would have been an effective containment strategy.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2020 5:18 PM

Yeah its late but it needs to be done.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2020 5:28 PM

Finally. # weeks ago there were 6 cases. Now over 52,000! DeSantis should have closed Florida before Spring Break and New York should have been closed way before this.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2020 5:30 PM

Sorry - 3 - not #

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 5:31 PM

The horse has left the barn or whatever the hell the expression is.

Maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago that was a smart idea but many New Yorkers have already fled. Hopefully, the numbers in NY start to come down in two weeks or so. Everyone in the area is already on shelter in place so I'm not sure what Trump is talking about.

Florida was finished once they allowed spring break to go on as planned.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 5:42 PM

The act would be meaningless at this point because the virus is everywhere. The opportunity to act was in December, 2019, and Trump could have mitigated this entire crisis if he'd simply taken the advice Obama left him regarding pandemics (like all those that Obama handled effectively, from SARs to MERS to H1N1 to Swine Flu) and taken the steps necessary to contain the virus to the Wuhan province. But because Trump has to undo everything Obama did, we're suffering the consequences of a fragile ego combined with megalomaniac powers.

We are experiencing the very basic concept that racism kills. Only this time, it's killing the racists.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2020 5:48 PM

R13 while the majority of NYers are complying with shelter in place, there are enough asshole people who aren’t, thus endangering the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2020 5:49 PM

Cuomo said he’s heard nothing from the White House about this and has no idea what it even means.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote] while the majority of NYers are complying with shelter in place, there are enough asshole people who aren’t, thus endangering the rest of us.

There are too many people deemed “essential employees” that have to work. Those definitions need to be looked at and looked at hard. While my company is essential without question, my particular position within it is most certainly not. But rather than have me sit at home and get paid, they force me in to work.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2020 5:57 PM

If you can get it there, you’ll get sick anywhere!

C’mon achoo New York, New York!

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2020 6:17 PM

He needs to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2020 6:27 PM

How does the federal government quarantine states? That seems like something only a governor could do.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote]He so fucking hates NY.

The feeling is mutual.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2020 6:34 PM

I have to question why a man who was born and raised in NY and rarely left Trump Tower and was said to get apprehensive if he stepped outside NYC hates it so much. Is it just because he didn't win NY during the election?

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2020 6:44 PM

The Coronavirus has ended Broadway theatre forever.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2020 6:47 PM

R22 It’s because he was a punchline in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2020 6:53 PM

Yahoo:

Senator says White House turned down emergency coronavirus funding in early February

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2020 6:53 PM

Have the bulldozed Broadway yet, R23?

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Short-fingered vulgarian gives the finger to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2020 6:57 PM

Who cares? I’m a New Yorker and I sure as fuck aren’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2020 7:00 PM

Too late! Trump’s red states are fucked too. I look at the CV stats everyday for all states and see the numbers increasing from single-digits to double to triple... Unfortunately, NYC will be the scapegoat when the red states are pounded in the next few weeks. It will be New York’s fault - not Trump’s or stupid/reckless governors like Desantis.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote] Who cares? I’m a New Yorker and I sure as fuck aren’t going anywhere.

Side-eyeing you, Bootsy.

A real New Yorker would’ve said “and I sure as fuck ain’t goin nowhere.”

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2020 7:18 PM

Dr Fair on MSNBC just said a quarantine shouldn't even be mentioned if it's not decided. He said it can create panic and people may start fleeing NY.

by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2020 7:18 PM

And here's what will happen .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2020 7:21 PM

OP took care of that, r31.

by Anonymousreply 33March 28, 2020 7:21 PM

It sounds like the plot for a reboot of Escape From New York.

by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2020 9:27 PM

Trump backtracked on his quarantine threat. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2020 1:16 AM

I'm not surprised since all of NYC relies on people to keep it running. Quarantine NYC and you're going to have other health issues.

Rick Scott can go fuck himself and deal with the issues he likely created by leaving beaches open to spring breakers.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 1:20 AM

But the NY case rate will continue to climb, and Trump will go on endlessly about how he could have saved everyone, if only they had listened to His Wiseness. I’m worried about how low information people take this.

Somehow the Constitution will be swept under the rug, and those mean old Democrats will be the ones responsible for the continuation of the pandemic, and the inevitable running out of ventilators. Then he’ll use that as an excuse to not give Cuomo any more ventilators. “He wasn’t nice enough to me...”. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2020 1:22 AM

It was Rick Scott's evil twin, Ron Desantis that left the beaches open for Spring Break, thus infecting the entire South (air travel was basically shut down, so they all drove there... making them more likely Southern than not). This will, sadly, be but a footnote in the history of this monumental and quite literally life-altering bungled handling of this event by the Trump Administration. We should refer to the death numbers as the Trump count, and those who are merely infected as the Kushner toll.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2020 1:26 AM

sorry, r38. i have trouble distinguishing evil from eviler.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2020 1:27 AM

R16 - In NJ Murphy said the same thing, which he said was odd given he had been on the phone with the president earlier in the day.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2020 1:42 AM

It's because Florida bitched to him about it.

NY and California should just get together and announce without warning that they are withholding any funds due the federal government until Trump gets his shit together. No more welfare to Kentucky, Mitch, until to put a muzzle on your dog.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2020 1:49 AM

New York hates him because he's a stupid piece of shit, which New Yorkers could tell back in the '70s.

They figured out immediately that there was no there there, and he can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2020 1:51 AM

"The virus has already spread everywhere at this point."

aaaand that's why he wants to put a wall around it.

by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2020 1:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2020 2:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2020 2:08 PM

R44’s was funnier.

*wink*

by Anonymousreply 46March 29, 2020 2:36 PM

How ridiculous. I thought this may have made sense 2 weeks ago. To do it now is almost comical. The horse has left the barn.

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2020 2:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!