Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Charles Has Coronavirus - Part Two

The plague spares not slaves, nor kings.

Aristotle

by Anonymousreply 168May 15, 2020 12:03 AM

Liz and Charles die and the UK does away with a monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2020 2:08 AM

Good idea, R1. I'd love to see idle William and his housewife try to earn a living. She has no skills at all.

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2020 2:09 AM

I like the third answer except throw Harry in the coronaheap too and MEGHAN becomes queen! I’d love that!

(And yes I know she can’t become queen.)

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote]I'd love to see idle William and his housewife try to earn a living. She has no skills at all.

People like that always have someone who will help them. Somebody would give Kate an easy job at an art gallery or like Jackie Kennedy, a book editor. Or a wedding planner.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2020 2:22 AM

Yasss R3. And Archie is the Prince of Wales, his rightful title.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2020 3:15 AM

r2 Oh no we'll have to live on the accumulated millions of 2 millennia. What ever shall we do?

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2020 3:19 AM

That's a pretty dark poll subject, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2020 3:21 AM

Wow...some cold hearted cunts on here

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2020 3:24 AM

R2, she could make a fortune publishing book on "How to Poop Out a Passle of Babies and Keep Your 19 Inch Waist."

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2020 3:26 AM

This is a haters thread! Shut it down, Muriel!

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2020 3:30 AM

Someone should rename coronavirus as celebrity virus.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2020 3:32 AM

Liz will outlive Charles.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 3:36 AM

r12 Liz will outlive children not yet born and Olivia de Havilland.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 3:43 AM

If Charles and Boris die, what a state England will be in. William really wasn't counting on being king until he was safely in his 50s at least. He's quite a lazy guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2020 3:46 AM

Anything works but Meghan. If that trashy narcissist was at the top, time to abolish the monarchy. I'm hoping for an early divorce.

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2020 9:06 AM

R593 on the earlier thread noted that spouses were often designated as regents (the Duchess of Kent, Prince Albert). True, but does their having been royal set them apart from a commoner, such as Kate Middleston. Also, those examples are pretty ancient, when royalty only married royalty. I wonder if Kate would be acceptable as temporary Head of State. Her mother was a stewardess, you know.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2020 11:29 AM

None die of it is my preference.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2020 1:25 PM

For 591 in part 1 of this thread, who wrote:

[quote]how many times does it need to be spelled out that Kate and William will NOT WANT HARRY to be named Regent for their son. It will ultimately be their call, Parliament will basically heed to their wishes as long as their proposed candidate is acceptable.

How many times does it need to be spelled out that *until the law is changed or amended*, Harry is currently the first option for a Regent if for some bizarre reason the Queen, Charles and William all die unexpectedly within a short space of time and no other arrangements have been made by parliament.

Yes, it seems utterly likely that Kate and William will not want Harry to be named Regent, but as yet that opinion has not been expressed and it probably won't be until William is king, if George is still under the age of 18 then. Unless an underage George is *first in line* to the throne and William is king, there will be no discussions, certainly not publicly, about what to do if Wiliam dies or is incapacitated.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]Unless an underage George is *first in line* to the throne and William is king, there will be no discussions, certainly not publicly, about what to do if Wiliam dies or is incapacitated.

Listen here, peasant. All this talk of George ascending to the throne is rubbish. He will abdicate so he can live his fabulous life. I will be Queen. So get used to that, bub!

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2020 3:07 PM

I see that Liz and Charles can escape the pox of London, but when others attempt to follow their lead, they get pushback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2020 4:06 PM

Balmoral is fairly remote, on 50,000 acres. HM is at Windsor, not in the countryside.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2020 4:28 PM

R18 's post reminded me that such circumstances is not so bizarre. This situation happened to Louis XIV in the 18th century. He thought that his succession was assured with a legitimate son_ le Grand Dauphin, two grandsons (actually 3, but the second renounced his right to the French throne to become king of Spain), and 2 great-grandsons.

Then a wave of measles (or some similar disease) happened and decimated almost everyone. Louis XIV was then left with only one great-grandson to succeed him.

Granted that happened 300 years ago but there are some similarities.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2020 5:15 PM

' I wonder if Kate would be acceptable as temporary Head of State. ' You're joking. She's weak and biddable. No authority about her at all.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2020 9:34 PM

There are 44 confirmed cases in Windsor and Maidenhead, out of a local population of 150,906. The queen will be okay there but she should dismiss all but essential staff.

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2020 9:36 PM

[quote]' I wonder if Kate would be acceptable as temporary Head of State. ' You're joking. She's weak and biddable. No authority about her at all.

All perfectly acceptable qualities for a FIGUREHEAD Head of State. It's not the Prime Minister you know. Biddable is what's desired.

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2020 10:09 PM

Really—Kate will be fine. It’s not rocket science. It’s shaking hands and wearing jewels.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2020 10:10 PM

Actually, every once in a while there is a time when the sovereign's judgment is needed. In Elizabeth II's reign, there have been several instances (see, for example, the 1963 selection of the Prime Minister). The Regent would have the same authority.

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2020 10:41 PM

R27, not today. When is the last time that was needed?

by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2020 10:44 PM

This past year with Boris Johnson advising the Queen to suspend Parliament -- that was a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2020 10:56 PM

You no longer even have to shake hands. Just look great swanning about in fabulous jewels.

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2020 11:06 PM

'Somebody would give Kate an easy job at an art gallery or like Jackie Kennedy, a book editor. Or a wedding planner.'

Actually, Jackie Onassis was more than qualified to be a book editor and by all accounts (those of her writers and colleagues) she was quite good at it. She had a BA in French and English Literature, was extremely well read, and had worked briefly as a reporter/photographer before marriage. Albeit she only worked 4 days a week and she no doubt obtained the position through nepotism, she also took her work home with her and on holiday and was in continual contact with her writers and colleagues, even inviting them to her homes to work with her.

Occasionally a manuscript will come up for auction containing Jackie's corrections, in her own hand. The corrections are insightful, practical literary observations and criticisms. the woman knew what she was doing. Her struggles with Michael Jackson to have Moonwalk published were a nightmare. It's unfair to say Jackie was just a rich lady who lunched.

In the last decade of her life she retreated from the vapid New York social circuit and concentrated on her work. She got immense pleasure from it. She was intelligent, bookish, and introverted, publishing suited her. She didn't have to work but clearly she needed something to feed her curiosity and intelligence, she needed substance to feel fulfilled. It gave her purpose and she felt she was contributing.

Kate would never do what Jackie did, purely because she doesn't have the intelligence or skill, and she hasn't had the trauma and pain Jackie endured which meant work (and books) were a welcome distraction in her life. I think Jackie also worked for her sanity and to keep depression at bay. She was working at home on a book up until the week before she died.

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2020 1:43 AM

R31, Excellent points! Many of the Royal women seem to get a lot of satisfaction from their patronages. We see the same thing on our threads about the New York Social Diary: women who don't have to work, but take satisfaction in their contributions to different charitable initiatives. Although the BRF'S website, it doesn't spell out the connection, but Sophie is an advocate for the prevention of blindness, And anyone who has watched Lady Louise growing up has seen her severe strabismus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2020 2:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2020 3:01 AM

How is his condition today?

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2020 12:59 PM

[quote]I like the third answer

REALLY? You like the answer that involves killing five people including three LITTLE KIDS?

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2020 1:29 PM

Well, you have to admit, if H and M were on the throne, the British public would absolutely lose their minds and that would be the end of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 2:49 PM

Queen's senior footman tests poz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2020 7:35 PM

Ugh. Concerned for the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2020 7:54 PM

You know, folks, it is true...the internet never forgets. In the midst of this pandemic, the sugars/trolls are openly wishing for an entire family to be wiped out is just bone chilling (but, of course, they were hoping for that before but with things being as they are today).

Should the Queen and/or Prince Charles pass from this plague, do you really think people will ever forget M’s getting up close and personal with so many and her possible role in this?

This American stands ready with pitchfork to aid in the dissolution of the monarchy before letting that dull-witted H and his lil grifter wife, both snake vipers, ascend to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2020 8:57 PM

'Should the Queen and/or Prince Charles pass from this plague, do you really think people will ever forget M’s getting up close and personal with so many and her possible role in this?'

Shut the fuck up, you racist piece of shit. You're actually accusing her of spreading the coronavirus now, aren't you? Did she carry it in a tiny glass vial and release it into their tea?

by Anonymousreply 40March 30, 2020 1:15 AM

r37 Honey, all the Queen's footmen have been poz for decades.

by Anonymousreply 41March 30, 2020 2:03 AM

MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL

Klan thread alert! Time for the paywall to silence these bitches.

by Anonymousreply 42March 30, 2020 2:05 AM

For God’s sake r39, no “sugar” wants anyone to die, you idiot. I’ve never seen anyone on DL ever seriously root for everyone to die so that Prince Harry becomes king.

by Anonymousreply 43March 30, 2020 2:22 AM

^ I think r39 is seriously batty or pulling our leg. It isn’t possible to be this deranged... is it? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 44March 30, 2020 2:26 AM

R43, it's the Meghan detractors who've been posting for years that she should check out tunnels in Paris. They've been wishing death on her for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 45March 30, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote] ...do you really think people will ever forget M’s getting up close and personal with so many and her possible role in this?

R40, I hate the bitch, but how dare you suggest Meryl had anything to do with this. Anything at all!

by Anonymousreply 46March 30, 2020 2:35 AM

There have been several posts in recent threads wishing coronavirus related death upon Charles, William and Kate. A small minority of posters of course, but they've been here.

by Anonymousreply 47March 30, 2020 3:13 AM

Well, R47... this is Data Lounge. We do like a bit of drama with our gossip. That would certainly do it.

by Anonymousreply 48March 30, 2020 3:32 AM

I've never seen any of MM's critics wish for death on anyone. I originally began posting on threads about the British Royals many years ago, since they were rarely very heated. It wasn't until a number of devoted MM fans showed up that they began hijacking any thread about the British Royals. I've learned to place them on 'ignore' so I'm not tempted to respond to them. Checking my 'Ignored' list shows me that they're always the most prolific posters on any BRF thread, so I've never regretted blocking them, since they add absolutely no useful content to any thread. There are some registered DL members who sometimes post opinions with which I disagree. They have every bit as much a right to express their opinions, and I normally won't contradict them for sharing a different opinion, when it's someone I've 'known' for years.

It helps to block the trolls, but not the registered members.

by Anonymousreply 49March 30, 2020 3:52 AM

R47, please don't be disingenuous. I've lost count of the number of posts mentioning tunnels, seat belts, drunk chauffeurs and black Mercedes. I've been on these threads for a year now.

by Anonymousreply 50March 30, 2020 4:20 AM

R49, are you kidding? These boards are infested with Meghan haters. They obviously abandoned ship at some other boards, or were tossed. I say this as someone who has a mild interest, but thinks the whole lot of the BRF should be thrown out on its asses. A cursory look through any thread will prove that out.

by Anonymousreply 51March 30, 2020 4:20 AM

R50 is right... I dare anyone to point out a post that wasn’t a joke that actually wished for the Queen and heirs to die so Harry can be king. But there are plenty, as r50 says, of posts that mention what r40 said. Own your hate, Meghan haters. You’re far more prolific and virulent than the other side.

by Anonymousreply 52March 30, 2020 4:23 AM

^what r50 said...

by Anonymousreply 53March 30, 2020 4:24 AM

It would be pretty fab if Meghan got to push Camilla aside and take the top job!

by Anonymousreply 54March 30, 2020 4:25 AM

Meghan has a natural authority and poise that Kate Middleton lacks.

by Anonymousreply 55March 30, 2020 4:28 AM

From the link above: "one of her senior footman tested positive for coronavirus. The unnamed aide is believed to have had close contact with Her Majesty and is now at home self-isolating. Duties the servant would have undertaken included walking Her Majesty’s dogs, and serving food and drink to the 93-year-old. A source told The Sun on… "

So the queen has multiple "senior" footmen - so I assume she has other footmen who aren't senior... How many are there? Several? Dozens? Hundreds? How many men does it take to walk her dogs and serve her food? Sheesh.

I must admit I don't really get having a monarchy and other "nobility". It seems disgusting to me, that some people are just born better than everybody else. Richer is bad enough - but just "better" due to bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 56March 30, 2020 6:08 AM

If he served her food and drink she's in terrible danger. William better look lively. He's about to work harder than he ever has in his life before, with no brother to share the load.

by Anonymousreply 57March 30, 2020 7:40 AM

How's Prince George, the only royal this board should care about?

by Anonymousreply 58March 30, 2020 11:33 AM

Many older people survive the coronavirus. The older people that have the most problems are those with pre-existing conditions. I doubt the queen is a diabetic or has heart disease without every person knowing it.

by Anonymousreply 59March 30, 2020 11:57 AM

I'm fantasssstic. We have to stay inside so great granny doesn't die cause no one wants grandad to be king. I braided Charlottes hair for her, picked out an outfit for mummy to wear to grandad's funeral then we played dress ups and i was a princess, i wore great grannies jewels and crown and long gloves.

by Anonymousreply 60March 30, 2020 12:01 PM

Considering how many people it takes to wake, wash, clean and dress Charles in the morning and he still comes out looking like a sorry mess( he probably needs double the number of men to come out looking halfway decent) he might have gotten it from one of them.

by Anonymousreply 61March 30, 2020 12:57 PM

Charles out of isolation and fine, according to both the Maul and the Telegraph.

So all the blood spilled over regency was for naught.

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2020 1:14 PM

What is he doing out of quarantine after only 7 days?!?! He's probably still contagious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2020 1:21 PM

I wonder if they harvested his plasma in case someone else in the family needs the antibodies.

by Anonymousreply 64March 30, 2020 9:05 PM

[quote]Charles out of isolation and fine, according to both the Maul and the Telegraph. So all the blood spilled over regency was for naught.

Ah but what a glorious battle it was! To live to fight another day.

by Anonymousreply 65March 30, 2020 9:22 PM

William’s kids need to grow up and start making a ton of babies, to put as much distance as possible between the throne and Harry and his wife

by Anonymousreply 66March 30, 2020 9:27 PM

[quote] What is he doing out of quarantine after only 7 days?!?!

Visiting his mother and then preparing for his coronation?

by Anonymousreply 67March 30, 2020 9:29 PM

Coronation, now such an evocative word.

by Anonymousreply 68March 31, 2020 6:16 AM

While he was dressing up as a princess at R60, I was working on my red boxes.

I'll grant him that he made a good job of my hair.

by Anonymousreply 69March 31, 2020 2:28 PM

I am not one for conspiracies or tin hats but I do admit when Prince William said he’d be totally cool if one of his children was gay I pretty much began believing they’re looking a George and thinking he’s gay. 80%. The other 20% holds that maybe William was just trying to say something decent.

by Anonymousreply 70March 31, 2020 2:45 PM

William also added the concern that he'd be more worried for a gay child, as that life would be more difficult. (Words to that effect.) Still, all the nominal heterosexuals around his own extended family haven't entirely had a smooth path.

by Anonymousreply 71March 31, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote]What is he doing out of quarantine after only 7 days?!?!

this is why

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 31, 2020 3:32 PM

r72 Not in the US of A

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2020 1:08 AM

Charles, I hope this doesn't interrupt the payments making us financially independent.

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2020 1:14 AM

Hatchet faced Charlotte looks as if she could grow to be a bull dyke.

by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2020 1:24 AM

Britain would have a revolution before Meghan and Harry got within 1000 miles of the throne or even of a Regency.

If that even becomes a glimmer of a possibility, the British monarchy will simply end before it can ever transpire.

The 80% of entire country is "Never Harry, Never Meghan" and that will not change. Buckhingham Palace and No 10 both know this, so never fear, the Harkles will be barred from taking any Constitutional position, even if everyone else were to die, they still will never ascend.

by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2020 1:48 AM

That's nice r79, how sweet. Please don't heave and cry foul when some of the less polite posters here carry on about how ugly baby Archie is.

by Anonymousreply 77April 1, 2020 3:20 AM

R78.

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2020 3:37 AM

R79.

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2020 3:37 AM

Archie in 40 years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2020 3:45 AM

Tell me again how the Meghan “stans” are the ones who are the jerks? And then tell me r80 isn’t. And I say that as someone who doesn’t like Meghan at all. Must take a lot of assholeness to insult a baby.

by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2020 4:03 AM

That’s perfect, R80.

by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2020 4:07 AM

Oh for goodness’ sake, we’re having a laugh. I wish the little tyke all the best. I certainly don’t want an entire family wiped out like some on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2020 4:14 AM

If we want to limit ourselves to positive comments, we could say that Charles has three good looking grandchildren, George, Charlotte and Louis.

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2020 4:36 AM

I don't think Charlotte is good looking. Tiny eyes, the heavy Middleton eye bags and a strong, clunky unfeminine jaw. George also has tiny sunken brown eyes - like Kate's but a boring colour. Only Louis has inherited William and Diana's big flashing eyes - but his are also brown.

George and Louis will no doubt lose all their hair in their 20s, like their father.

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2020 7:02 AM

And Archie is a potato head Markle with Haz' close beady eyes and awful hair.

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2020 7:13 AM

[quote] What is he doing out of quarantine after only 7 days?!?!

I wouldn't be surprised if he was never actually ill and his PR people planted a bit of fake news to garner sympathy for him and his vile family following the recent revelations about his disgusting brother and the circus surrounding his two freeloading sons. Nothing like a fake story about the heir to the throne contracting a potentially fatal virus to rally the sheep-like subjects around him. He probably just ran off to his castle to get away from infected staff and they decide it would be better for his image to have a #metoo bandwagon jump.

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2020 7:16 AM

The third option would expose the hypocrisy and stupidity of hereditary monarchy. People would be falling over themselves to welcome Harry and Meghan. The same people who wanted nothing to do with them before. If the virus worked its way through the royal family down to someone we’ve never heard of, the same principle of heredity applies. It could be someone fiftieth or more in line, who has no experience or interest in the running of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2020 7:16 AM

Yasss you repulsive racist vultures! Klan Grannies is now in the Urban Dictionary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2020 8:54 AM

[quote] I don't think Charlotte is good looking. Tiny eyes, the heavy Middleton eye bags and a strong, clunky unfeminine jaw. George also has tiny sunken brown eyes - like Kate's but a boring colour. Only Louis has inherited William and Diana's big flashing eyes - but his are also brown.

Well, they are good looking by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2020 10:48 AM

I think Charlotte will be a beauty, similar in looks to Caroline and Stephanie of Monaco. Hopefully she will not ruin them with smoking and sunbathing as they did.

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2020 10:52 AM

[quote]I wouldn't be surprised if he was never actually ill and his PR people planted a bit of fake news to garner sympathy for him and his vile family following the recent revelations about his disgusting brother and the circus surrounding his two freeloading sons.

Wouldn't surprise me either; but if it was fake to garner sympathy it was typically misjudged, because as soon as the news broke, much discussion focused on how Charles had a test when frontline NHS staff had no chance of it yet. That and his luxurious seclusion certainly took the edge of any hoped-for sympathy.

The Royals have to know they're on ever thinner ice. Today Charles has released a video in support of the old and isolated. His way of doing his bit - but it comes across as the offhand DL meme 'thoughts and prayers.' Compared to leading politicians and health experts he just seems beside the point.

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2020 1:04 PM

I don't take much notice of sympathy and compassion or "thoughts and prayers" from mega-wealthy royals in their palaces unless it's accompanied by a hefty cheque to help those in need.

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2020 1:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2020 1:16 PM

According to the Mail, Andrew Parker Bowles, aged 80, says he has it... sleeping, tired, lethargic and a cough.

He thinks he got it at the Cheltenham races a couple weeks back. He was photographed standing next to Princess Anne.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2020 11:02 PM

What relation is Andrew to Camilla?

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2020 11:12 PM

Ex-husband, darling.

by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2020 11:13 PM

Ta, toodles!

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote] And Archie is a potato head Markle with Haz'

?

by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2020 11:16 PM

r81 please see r75 before you get on your high horse. Assholery re all the young children in the BRF seems to know no bounds here, whether at a baby, toddler or young child.

by Anonymousreply 100April 2, 2020 12:03 AM

Yes, let’s not get all assholier than thou.

by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2020 12:36 AM

In God’s eyes, the Parker Bowles are still married and the elderly trollop Camilla is living in sin.

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2020 1:12 AM

'I think Charlotte will be a beauty, similar in looks to Caroline and Stephanie of Monaco.'

With those tiny deep set hooded eyes and that lantern jaw? Oh my sides.

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2020 1:43 AM

The bar's set pretty low with Beatrice, Eugenie and Zara Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 104April 2, 2020 1:45 AM

Will & Kate are giving some support to hospitals during the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 2, 2020 2:30 PM

Since the Foibles of Royals thread is now by subscription only, I guess I'll post this here. The Middleton party business adverts had photographs of the three children. First photo is James and Pippa and then Kate with her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 2, 2020 2:46 PM

Now that Charles is immune, I expect to see him on the frontlines.

by Anonymousreply 107April 3, 2020 1:50 AM

One can, apparently, get COVID-19 more than once.

by Anonymousreply 108April 3, 2020 10:37 AM

I’m shocked by the photo of Kate in R106’s post. She was an unusually ugly kid. I don’t say that lightly, but there is no other way to put it. She looks like Pete Davidson’s ugly duckling sister. It’s remarkable that she looks as good as she does now. I haven’t seen many photos of her as a youngster, I wonder if they have been intentionally concealed. Now every time I see a photo of her, I’ll be looking for hints of that baby ogre.

by Anonymousreply 109April 3, 2020 10:46 AM

Kate has two kids, that is all the skills she needs.

by Anonymousreply 110April 3, 2020 11:06 AM

Kate has three kids.

by Anonymousreply 111April 3, 2020 11:10 AM

Then by R109 ‘s measure, she’s gifted.

by Anonymousreply 112April 3, 2020 12:37 PM

The Queen will address the nation on Sunday at 8:00 pm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 3, 2020 1:32 PM

The Queen's speech will be directed at all citizens of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

With the exception of her annual Christmas broadcasts, the upcoming coronavirus speech will be the first time the monarch has addressed the nation since the death of The Queen Mother in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 114April 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Charles finds a new way to open a hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 3, 2020 1:34 PM

Fergie is hawking a book at this time. Tone deaf as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 3, 2020 1:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 3, 2020 1:46 PM

r111

No she has two children and ME.....

by Anonymousreply 118April 3, 2020 1:58 PM

R116 - Fergie says that Bea and Edo's wedding is postponed.

by Anonymousreply 119April 3, 2020 6:13 PM

Why don't Be a and Edo get married now and have a fabulous party later?

by Anonymousreply 120April 4, 2020 1:01 AM

Princess Eugenie's father-in-law is in intensive care with coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 4, 2020 2:05 PM

On Sunday 5th April at 8pm (BST) Her Majesty The Queen will address the UK and the Commonwealth in a televised broadcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 4, 2020 8:31 PM

[quote] On Sunday 5th April at 8pm (BST) Her Majesty The Queen will address the UK and the Commonwealth in a televised broadcast.

Her address is important for all of the English speaking world.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2020 8:17 AM

Why, r123?

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2020 8:28 AM

WTF is that old privileged crone going to tell people that epidemiologists, doctors and healthcare experts have not already? Besides it's not like ordinary people can jump the queue to get tested like her useless spawn did or run off to hide in one of their numerous mansions and have their every need catered to. She can shove her speech where the sun don't shine.

by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2020 8:28 AM

As the mother figure of the Anglosphere, she will give its people hope that politicians cannot.

by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2020 8:33 AM

This pandemic might be the beginning of the end for the BRF. The millions spent on their palaces and privileges and worthless members like the Sussexes and Yorks could better be spent on protecting and saving the lives of the British public.

Expect to hear the voices of angry relatives of people who died because they could not get timely or adequate medical care.

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2020 8:33 AM

Mother figure of the Anglosphere? Just how old are some of you eldergays? She isn't Victoria, reigning over her Empire.

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2020 8:51 AM

The queen is an old spaz.

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2020 11:22 AM

R126 is old enough to understand and appreciate the difference between the head of government and the head of state. He is also old enough to appreciate the power and importance of the head of state. Betty Windsor performs that role exceedingly well.

Whether or not some of you like her, the address will have great meaning for millions of people around the world.

by Anonymousreply 130April 5, 2020 12:12 PM

R130 = Prince Charles.

by Anonymousreply 131April 5, 2020 12:36 PM

I hope Boris hasn’t led her down the wrong path. I read in some of the pregame coverage she says Britain should take pride in its response to the pandemic.

That’s potentially gonna be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 132April 5, 2020 12:50 PM

She's only going to mouth some empty platitudes and regurgitate some tired cliches. She and her useless welfare scrounging family aren't actually going to do anything useful during the pandemic to actually help the people. Maybe her son can cut the ribbon for another hospital over a video conference or her grandson and his lazy wife can again offer words of encouragement over the phone to health care workers.

That entire clan's contribution is as useful as frauen posting thoughts and prayers on their social media.

by Anonymousreply 133April 5, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote] [R126] is old enough to understand and appreciate the difference between the head of government and the head of state.

Yes, r126, and for many English speakers, she is neither and we have no interest in her speech.

by Anonymousreply 134April 5, 2020 1:09 PM

I'd respect her more if she, like Madonna and Dolly Parton, said she was going to personally donate $1,000,000.

by Anonymousreply 135April 5, 2020 1:59 PM

I assume the BRF takes the position that its senior members can't donate personal funds because they are required to remain neutral and can't pick and choose which causes are worthier. It works out well for them.

by Anonymousreply 136April 5, 2020 2:11 PM

^Meant to add that I believe they have made some exceptions - donations of undisclosed amounts to certain causes.

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2020 2:14 PM

[quote]I assume the BRF takes the position that its senior members can't donate personal funds because they are required to remain neutral and can't pick and choose which causes are worthier. It works out well for them.

In this unique case required neutrality is questionable and might easily, not to mention humanely, be relaxed. It's a National Health Service, And The Queen is the figurehead of the nation. A substantial donation to the NHS and/or adjacent urgent needs would set a great example, and encourage other plutocrats likewise.

It would certainly underline the gentle supportive rhetoric we will hear from The Queen tonight.

by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2020 3:49 PM

I hope HM makes a substantial donation. It would be the right thing to do.

Charles would be wise to provide some kind of financial assistance to people renting Duchy properties.

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2020 5:50 PM

Reasoned praise from an unlikely quarter.... Labour’s Alistair Campbell on the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2020 6:14 PM

“We will meet again.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2020 7:09 PM

R141 - Oddly, the Queen looks better than her son Charles.

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2020 9:09 PM

I Adore that old war horse QE II.

by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2020 9:32 PM

'I assume the BRF takes the position that its senior members can't donate personal funds because they are required to remain neutral and can't pick and choose which causes are worthier. It works out well for them.'

Only a retarded Klan Granny would type this out in defence of the rancid Queen. The NHS IS fucking neutral. How can you be biased for or against it? Where are its rival causes? The mean Queen is a billionaire and never seems to donate anything.

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2020 12:20 AM

One thing you can say for the Queen - When it comes to the background when broadcasting from home, she wins the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 145April 6, 2020 10:45 AM

Neither she nor her family will donate a penny to the NHS. They'll probably ask for more money for repairs to the palaces and castles instead. As I said their messages of hope are like fraus posting thoughts and prayers on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 146April 6, 2020 10:52 AM

[quote]One thing you can say for the Queen - When it comes to the background when broadcasting from home, she wins the Internet.

She chose that from the new 'Royalty' virtual background now available on zoom.

by Anonymousreply 147April 6, 2020 11:27 AM

Where do you find that, R147?

by Anonymousreply 148April 6, 2020 11:43 AM

R144, the comment was meant to be sarcastic. The poster was mimicking Barbara Bush after Katrina, SHO said the horrific conditions in the Superdome for the poor people stuck there was “working out well for them” because they weren’t homeless. Clueless comment from a very privileged person.

by Anonymousreply 149April 6, 2020 11:48 AM

The Queen’s speech on yesterday has brought a lot of comfort to Americans, as expected. She’s the guiding force for the English speaking world and those with British forebears.

by Anonymousreply 150April 6, 2020 12:16 PM

I'm an American (gay, white) without a drop of British or Irish ancestry, and I still look to HM for an example of dignity and composure. She's seen so much in her life, yet you'd never know it from her public appearances. My physical therapist and I were chatting about the BRF (as one does) and hr wasn't aware that HM was the head of the Church of England. He and I have joked with each other about our Catholic upbringings, and it surprised him that I afforded her so much respect. He was amazed when I told him that she has met with nearly every Pope, and the mutual respect that they've shown each other is inspiring to me. She's also worn some dramatic outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 6, 2020 10:02 PM

Charles reads Wordsworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 7, 2020 2:02 PM

Camilla has a chat with an elderly woman in isolation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 7, 2020 2:03 PM

Today is World Health Day and the Queen sends a message to healthcare workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 7, 2020 2:04 PM

Is Charles helping others now that he is immune?

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2020 11:19 PM

The queen is a spaz.

by Anonymousreply 156April 14, 2020 2:25 AM

R155, I think a problem is that scientists have been discovering. is that people who have suffered the disease can then develop secondary infections. I doubt he would want to take the risk of infecting anyone, certainly at this point.

by Anonymousreply 157April 14, 2020 10:06 AM

Looks like Camilla has been on an Amazon binge with all the empty cardboard boxes on the floor. Recycle, darling. Chuck did as much by marrying you.

by Anonymousreply 158April 14, 2020 10:43 AM

The boxes are weird. Maybe she just throw everything down and the cleaning lady picks up after her every day - and it's such a habit that Camilla doesn't even think about how it looks when she posts the selfie?

by Anonymousreply 159April 14, 2020 1:10 PM

*just throwS everything down

by Anonymousreply 160April 14, 2020 1:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 17, 2020 5:31 PM

'I found this photo of the Cambridges very moving.'

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 162April 20, 2020 1:40 AM

I hope he stays away from George.

by Anonymousreply 163April 21, 2020 8:58 PM

Gay George is a spaz.

by Anonymousreply 164April 22, 2020 3:08 AM

r164

If by spaz you mean FAB-YOU-LUS, then you are right.

by Anonymousreply 165May 14, 2020 11:45 PM

Sour grapes is so unbecoming. It looks like poor Harry and Meghan are not thriving after all, judging by the comments here.

by Anonymousreply 166May 14, 2020 11:55 PM

R164 manages to be stupid and homophobic with one shart.

Remove these Trumpian pigs.

by Anonymousreply 167May 15, 2020 12:01 AM

R166 Well, Harry and Meghan couldn't have picked a worse time to try to launch their "new brand", which would seem to depend largely on public relations (traveling all around and making personal appearances).

by Anonymousreply 168May 15, 2020 12:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!