Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump’s behavior has never been more abominable. His numbers have never been higher.

He’s at 44.6% approval per 538 as of this evening. That despite THIS (see link).

So at what point do we give up and say, this country has the leadership it deserves in this crisis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2020 4:00 AM

We always said that.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2020 3:04 AM

He’s telling simpletons the simple things they want to hear: don’t worry, everything will be all better soon, King Donald will take care of it, etc.

But when their grannies start dying en masse, the cultists might just start to turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2020 3:05 AM

I came to that conclusion earlier, and I left. There've got to be at least two yokels skipping about and yahooing that a durn ferner went back to their country where they have free universal health care, that durn ferner couldn't take all that real good fweedum, more fweedum for the rest of them on their oxygen tanks, motor scooters, limited income; they've got to be glad-handing, chest-bumping, clinking their aluminum beer cans that a competent woman isn't the leader of the free world.

More grandpas will die, Republicans won't care, not if there's no election security requirements.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2020 3:11 AM

i've heard that during crisis, President's rating usually shoot up. Bush shot up to high 80's during 9/11.

so Drumps # rating is miserable .

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2020 3:11 AM

Yeah - part of me feels hopeless. One thing for the Fox base - but more than 50%? Dumbfounded.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2020 3:13 AM

R2 Granny was a bitch anyway! I’m fixin ta be a billionaire soon like President Trump! I got a lawn business already $3k a month and 374 subscribers on TikTok, so I gonna be famous too!

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2020 3:13 AM

Landlines.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2020 3:13 AM

[R7] Marry me.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2020 3:18 AM

And this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2020 3:25 AM

It's true R4, some people think it's 'unpatriotic' at times of national crises to voice criticisms about leaders and I would bet giving disapproving answers to pollsters.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2020 3:26 AM

I noticed when scrolling through Yahoo or Google news that when there is a story like Senate Passes Coronavirus Relief Bill there is a picture of Mitch McConnell or US Markets Close Higher and there's a picture of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2020 3:48 AM

Serious question: who the fuck do they poll and how? Only people with landline telephones?

I've never been contacted for a political poll. Never.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2020 3:51 AM

His supporter base are trolls. That’s who he appeals to.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2020 3:55 AM

There are still people with landlines in the age of cellphones and 5g?

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2020 3:57 AM

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public"

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2020 3:57 AM

Total douche. With over 1,000 Americans already dead, where are we going? He has no plan.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2020 4:01 AM

It’s the typical rallying around the leader in a rough time. In two weeks when there’s 50,000 people dead it will be a different story. Florida will be a graveyard and that’s a hot spot for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2020 4:01 AM

Nuh-uh, Trump'll have us up and running again by Easter.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2020 4:02 AM

Teflon Don is gonna have a rural outbreak and a monumental shift in support. I predicted it.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2020 4:04 AM

Nate Silver reports Trumps approval rating among registered or likely voters at 45% approval. 50% disapproval.

It's the highest since March 2017.

However: unemployment figures will be released soon, it'll be interesting to see what kind of effect that will have.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2020 4:05 AM

A couple of thoughts; does trump look into the mirror each day and think " I look good"?

Is Pence still breathing/alive or is his face just paralyzed?

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2020 4:09 AM

Can someone please make a spoof video like a wrestling match and say: “Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Donald Trump is coming to church on Easter Sunday! Crowded aisles, babies, kissing, coughing, NO cancellations! Trump will be at your church hugging people ion Easter. Disclaimer: Refunds not allowed. Covid-19 outlook uncertain. Come at your own risk”

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2020 4:10 AM

Of course he’ll take credit for any curve-flattening that happens in California or NY, but that’ll be *in spite* of him.

And anyway, that will be greatly overshadowed by the impending catastrophes in Florida, Louisiana, etc.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote] However: unemployment figures will be released soon, it'll be interesting to see what kind of effect that will have.

How sociopathic, exactly, are these people that their own unemployment figures are more likely to make them 'disapprove' of Trump than, you know, people dying due to his incompetence?

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2020 4:14 AM

I remember making a remark about getting the president we deserved (because we're idiots) during the Bush II presidency in a a college class. Gasping and clutching of pearls in the room after my remark. Wonder what my classmates and professor think now.

I thought GWB was the GOP scraping the bottom of the barrel, but no, Republicans managed to lower the bar further.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2020 4:20 AM

I am already anticipating that Trump will plan to be at a staged Easter service with volunteer plants in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2020 4:21 AM

[quote]I am already anticipating that Trump will plan to be at a staged Easter service with volunteer plants in the audience.

And I have the PERFECT church for his re-opening of the country!

(If anybody at that church is still alive by then)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2020 4:33 AM

There is no way Trump will we set foot inside a church with common folk. Maybe a small service hosted by US Surgeon General Jerome Kenya-Moore, but not anything that would put his fat ass at risk.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2020 4:41 AM

It's early days and the number of cases is yet to really curve upwards in US communities. When that happens, and it will, the media will be full of images of dying deplorables and an overburdened / collapsing health system, and then Don won't be looking so good.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2020 5:02 AM

They’ll still worship him even from under their respirators.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2020 9:11 PM

R30 BUT [GASP, CHOKE] HILLARY'S [WHEEZE] EMAILS!!!!!!!!

And the monitor goes flatline -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2020 9:14 PM

We live in a country full of retards. What do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2020 9:17 PM

And here I thought the U.S. known case count wouldn’t surpass China’s known count until Saturday.

It happened today.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2020 9:23 PM

Bootsy, I generally like your posts. But if there is a good side to COVID19, maybe it's that the media circus for once has not been making EVERYTHING about DJT. EVERYTHING is not about him. There really is such a thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2020 9:24 PM

The Orange Anus is currently at the podium, gasping and trying to read the names of every world leader.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2020 9:31 PM

Tom Brady gets a shoutout... ?

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2020 9:33 PM

"…We get it right to the point where we want it…"

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2020 9:39 PM

Its stunning how he can make shit up right on the spot. Just a babbling stream of consciousness at the podium. He looks at his notes repeats the first 5 words, then looks up and he's off to another reality.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2020 9:41 PM

If Trumo set foot in a church it would look like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2020 9:41 PM

Look at me, I'm a big boy, I can read from the papers.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2020 9:41 PM

Deplorables will need to die. Lots of them. With suffering. It's America's only hope.

Let them lick all the shopping carts and go to their megachurches as much as they want. The world needs them to die to reboot the possibility of America ever being a decent country again.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2020 9:42 PM

r39 = neandertheist frau

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2020 9:46 PM

Here comes the blame-game!

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2020 9:46 PM

Pence looks like he's ready to crawl under the podium to suck on Trump's tiny mushroom cock.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2020 9:47 PM

Fucking delusional. He's on another fucking planet.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2020 9:49 PM

He was almost coherent - then he goes off on Sleepy Joe Biden. He is less defensive today because he got a $2 trillion payout to buy votes.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2020 9:59 PM

I'm glad the markets have already closed today. He is batshit crazy and lying his ass off up on the podium right now. Now it's bragging about how he saved the farmers with his trade war? HUH?

How can anybody think he knows anything about anything?????????

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2020 10:00 PM

Knowing he has this under control is such a comfort, isn't it? ISN'T IT?!?

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2020 10:07 PM

People want to go back to their jobs, and be able to travel again, and go out to a restaurant or bar. And that’s what he’s saying and promising and people like it.

Yes, there’s no way it’s going to happen and he has no plan to achieve any of it. But, really, how is that any different than the bullshit that spews from Bernie Sanders, who was once the Democratic front runner??

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2020 10:12 PM

R49 Bernie is not endangering people's lives by spreading lies and misinformation

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2020 10:15 PM

He is still rather low considering we are supposed to rally behind him. Just wait...I don't think he will go below 38% but this economy and this virus is going to drag. He is trying to get out in front of it by saying: I said let's get back to work but everyone said no. But in the end he owns the response.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]But in the end he owns the response.

Considering that no western country has one any better so far, I really wonder how much blame people are going to put on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2020 10:38 PM

*done any better

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2020 10:39 PM

Just a little reminder that very rarely are people rewarded for doing well or punished for doing badly. Trump is the living embodiment of that, and we need to seriously rethink everything we believe about this "meritocracy."

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2020 10:56 PM

Keep in mind that the majority of the cases are still on the coasts and in cities and/or blue states The real carnage hasn't hit where his base lives - rural areas of red states. But it will.

by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2020 11:00 PM

The truly abominable ones are the cretins who voted for Trump & still support him. As far as Trump, you can't blame a snake for being a snake.

by Anonymousreply 56March 26, 2020 11:04 PM

Believe it or not, this is really not good news for Rump. After 9/11, the country rallied around Bush—we tend to do that during crises. But that’s not happening here.

by Anonymousreply 57March 26, 2020 11:07 PM

His numbers went from in-the-toilet to just daintily licking the rim.

by Anonymousreply 58March 26, 2020 11:31 PM

Why are you lying OP?

His numbers last year during impeachment went to 48%, which if math is correct is higher than the number he's at now.

So saying his numbers have never been higher is just an easily provable lie.

OP is on the same level of honesty as Trump.

That defeats the whole point of your thread.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2020 1:24 AM

[quote]His numbers last year during impeachment went to 48%, which if math is correct is higher than the number he's at now. So saying his numbers have never been higher is just an easily provable lie.

Gallup has his approval rating at 49%

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2020 1:51 AM

It's a rally-around-the-flag phenomena that most likely won't last once reality sinks in this summer when unemployment is 30 percent and people start getting evicted. The ad his campaign wants taken down clearly shows his ineptitude, that ad will play 24/7 in September and October.

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2020 2:05 AM

Gallup is a very low rated polling outfit

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2020 2:06 AM

I heard it's starting to hit the south. Wonder how the red states will feel when they start dropping like flies. My sympathy to the very few Liberals stuck in that area of the country. I hope you don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Gallup and Rasmussen are seldom right. Morning Consult has his approval/disapproval at 45/49 percent. YouGov has his approval/disapproval at 45/52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2020 2:19 AM

[QUOTE] Wonder how the red states will feel when they start dropping like flies.

I’ll tell you exactly how they’ll feel: that it’s China’s fault. Nothing, absolutely nothing could ever get those confederates to turn on their white supremacist hero.

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2020 2:23 AM

People in red states will line up to be infected and die off now so other Americans can go to back to work.

MAGA forever!

by Anonymousreply 66March 27, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote]The ad his campaign wants taken down clearly shows his ineptitude, that ad will play 24/7 in September and October.

Which ad is that R61?

by Anonymousreply 67March 27, 2020 2:25 AM

agreed r65, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to get a lot of people to wake up. We in the 52 percent, and that's been more or less steady, need to get our asses to the polls, or better yet get those absentee ballots, this november. it is the only way. nobody in a cult just wakes up one day and decides, yup, that was fucked up, especially when it really is.

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2020 2:26 AM

According to Nate Silver's averages, his approval rating is 45.3.

And it is indeed the highest it's been since January 2017.

by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2020 2:26 AM

Could it be...I don't know...maybe they're right and you're wrong? Just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2020 2:34 AM

Could it be...I don't know...maybe they're right and you're wrong? Just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2020 2:34 AM

R68, exactly. Nearly everyone who voted for him in 2016 is going to vote for him in 2020. Sure there are a few outliers, but it's going to be the same 60ish million. Democrats need to get more people to vote.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2020 2:37 AM

Trump’s cult will just blame Obama. I just got this comment on YouTube when I objected to the term “Chinese Virus” and called it the “Trump Virus”:

[quote] “Bull Shit Yeah and your buddy Obama depleted the supplies needed for a handling an catastrophic even failed to restock those supplies. you sound like the same A H*le's that could or would not call Islamic Terrorist a Terrorist or an Illegal alien an illegal. This is the CHINA VIRUS so live with it.”

The facts are:

Trump has continually cut funding for the CDC.

He disbanded the pandemic response team.

Pandemic response was a scenario that the Obama team worked with the incoming Trump team.

He bungled and continues to bungle the testing response, to this virus.

He’s lied about the past, present, and likely future of the pandemic for weeks, perhaps months at this point.

If the cult member quoted above were accurate, Trump ‘s had three years to fix it. He has not, obviously.

Trump’s incompetence is killing people.

He should be drawn and quartered on the National Mall. This is just an opinion. The other are facts.

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2020 2:49 AM

you know that, I know that, quite a few people know that r73, but as you say, the cult will never know that, or at least never admit it. we need to not dick around this year and actually vote like we mean it.

by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2020 2:50 AM

[quote]Trump’s cult will just blame Obama. I just got this comment on YouTube when I objected to the term “Chinese Virus” and called it the “Trump Virus”:

Why isn't Italy, France, Spain and the rest of the world calling it the “Trump Virus”?

by Anonymousreply 75March 27, 2020 2:52 AM

Agree it’s going to be all about voter turnout. The best hope is the MAGAs aren’t so enthusiastic and adamant about defending him that they are passionate about voting. But the olds in the Flyovers tend to vote - and can easily win it for him in the swing states.

by Anonymousreply 76March 27, 2020 3:00 AM

R75, Trump has been very eager to blame the Chinese for the virus, so if blame is to be charged, as HE demands, then lets put it where it belongs. Our situation in the US has been made critically worse because of him, for the reason’s listed in R73. What they do in other countries isn’t of my concern; though, if they start calling it the Trump Virus, it would be most fitting.

by Anonymousreply 77March 27, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote] Nearly everyone who voted for him in 2016 is going to vote for him in 2020.

There will also be people who were too nervous to vote for him in 2016, but will now in 2020. However, there will be some who voted for him in 2016, but who are now disappointed and will vote against him. On top of that, there will be people who will vote for Trump because they are too nervous about Biden’s mental state. There will be fluidity in the voting and we will have to wait to see how it plays out. It won’t be an exact replay of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 78March 27, 2020 3:05 AM

R34, please see R73. This is an immense failure of leadership on Trump’s part.

by Anonymousreply 79March 27, 2020 3:10 AM

As R61 says, this is a rally around the flag reaction. All leaders around the world are seeing a bump in their approval ratings right now, but Trump's is especially small.

This is bad news for him, not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 27, 2020 3:11 AM

Bernie Bro: if the Dems picked Bernie in 2016, none of this would be happening, and Hillary would have been just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 81March 27, 2020 3:11 AM

r81, true, but we can’t change the past.

by Anonymousreply 82March 27, 2020 3:13 AM

R78, I know, there will be morons who vote for Trump because they are too nervous about Biden’s emails, too.

by Anonymousreply 83March 27, 2020 3:14 AM

[quote]Trump has been very eager to blame the Chinese for the virus...

As has every other country. And justly so.

by Anonymousreply 84March 27, 2020 3:17 AM

Trump supporters are mentally ill. There simply is no other conclusion to reach.

by Anonymousreply 85March 27, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]As [R61] says, this is a rally around the flag reaction. All leaders around the world are seeing a bump in their approval ratings right now, but Trump's is especially small.

It's really pretty amazing considering that the leaders of Italy, France, Spain and the UK fucked things up much worse than the US.

by Anonymousreply 86March 27, 2020 3:20 AM

Their support for him is very like a low-grade case of mass hysteria. Unlike Bush or even Reagan, he was a pre-existing symbol for them of how they saw the good life - a gilded existence, wealth and power, the glamorous wife. Rejecting him means rejecting that fantasy, and that fantasy has had tremendous power for hundreds of years.

by Anonymousreply 87March 27, 2020 3:21 AM

[quote] Keep in mind that the majority of the cases are still on the coasts and in cities and/or blue states The real carnage hasn't hit where his base lives - rural areas of red states. But it will.

Agree.

by Anonymousreply 88March 27, 2020 3:22 AM

I think when it hits key states for his re-election, he’ll actually do something.

by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote] All leaders around the world are seeing a bump in their approval ratings right now, but Trump's is especially small.

The seething hatred against Trump is so intense, there’s nothing he could do that would assuage it.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2020 3:24 AM

I don’t mind not knowing know where we’re headed for.... you can take me to the sky.... it’s like being lost in heaven... when I’m lost in your eyes...

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2020 3:24 AM

"The G7 failed to issue a joint statement on the coronavirus response because the Trump administration insisted on including the phrase "Wuhan virus" Jim Sciutto, Chief national security correspond on Twitter

SHAME ON YOU USA

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2020 3:31 AM

Also, the usa is deploying its military along the Canadian border to block shipments of illegal steel from China, seriously WTF America??????

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2020 3:36 AM

So now the numbers of those affected in the U.S have surpassed China . Yes, this President is doing an amazing job isn’t he . Instead of letting Dr Falchi speak to the nation daily this lunatic has to spew his lies and half truths . “Oh yes President Trump “ more and more people are becoming ill and dying . The numbers are doubling almost daily and this delusional imbecile is preparing everyone for a wonderful Easter Day with packed churches . He needs to be committed before he does anymore damage to this country . So scary !!!

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2020 3:43 AM

Not defending Trump AT ALL, but keep in mind that the numbers are increasing quickly because people who should've been tested six weeks ago are FINALLY getting tested. Doesn't mean it's spreading more quickly now, but that we now have a much better idea of how quickly it has already spread.

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2020 3:51 AM

[quote]So now the numbers of those affected in the U.S have surpassed China

Who in the world believes the numbers coming from China?

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2020 3:53 AM

The Dems -- or it's actually conservative republicans who paid for this ad -- SHOULD RUN IT EVERY DAY in the fall as we get closer to election day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2020 3:53 AM

You need to factor in people's stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ,shame on me. Fool me hundreds of times, me is a Trumptard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2020 4:17 AM

Trump is blaming Obama who left office three years ago for something motherfucking Trump didn't prepare for three months ago.

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2020 4:28 AM

[quote] R95: Not defending Trump AT ALL, but keep in mind that the numbers are increasing quickly because people who should've been tested six weeks ago are FINALLY getting tested.

Oh, no, not defending him at all. Not at all.

Of course, it is Trump’s fault that we didn’t have appropriate testing in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2020 4:44 AM

Trump should be charged with manslaughter as a result of his neglect, incompetence and mismanagement of coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2020 5:14 AM

Trump has a lot of blood on his hands. How does he sleep? Oh yeah, he doesn't and he's proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2020 6:09 AM

R95 We dont have baseline data, that horse has left the barn. Every time someone is infected they spread it if they don’t isolate. It is an aggressive pathogen. We have no idea how many people are infected and there is NOTHING that has pointed toward the spread slowing. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY BASELINE DATA because trump fucked up, lied to us and has obstructed progress. It’s not all incompetence, a lot of it is working Putins’ agenda.

by Anonymousreply 104March 27, 2020 6:22 AM

His numbers are about to die. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 105March 27, 2020 6:26 AM

R68 The new bill has funding to help states change mail in rules and make sure everyone can mail in or use an absentee ballot. I’m sure I got some of this wrong but there’s real help in this bill.

by Anonymousreply 106March 27, 2020 6:28 AM

R104 yes exactly

by Anonymousreply 107March 27, 2020 6:52 AM

[quote] Bootsy, I generally like your posts. But if there is a good side to COVID19, maybe it's that the media circus for once has not been making EVERYTHING about DJT. EVERYTHING is not about him. There really is such a thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I’m not saying everything is about him. I’m saying his response to this mega-crisis has been appalling, but his numbers have never been higher. And I’m wondering exactly what that says about this country. Don’t you wonder the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 108March 27, 2020 7:23 AM

Trump continues to rise. 45.3 as of this post.

by Anonymousreply 109March 27, 2020 7:34 AM

One thing progressives, liberals, and so-called cultural elites STILL don’t get is how much Trump’s anti-intellectual bombast, bigotry, loud mouthedness, and unfilteredness appeals to the American masses, Middle American. The more he acts like a bigoted strongman, the more popular he is.

by Anonymousreply 110March 27, 2020 8:09 AM

It's true [R4], some people think it's 'unpatriotic' at times of national crises to voice criticisms about leaders and I would bet giving disapproving answers to pollsters.

Not only that, but people I work with that are generally reasonable (if not the most intelligent) people have this belief that because Dump is a "businessman" rather than a politician, he understands better than anyone how to restart this economy. So I think there's some magical thinking by people who should know better that Dump knows how to "fix this mess"

by Anonymousreply 111March 27, 2020 8:16 AM

I don't get it. I'm going to be sick.

by Anonymousreply 112March 27, 2020 8:16 AM

We continue to misunderstand the mindset of average Americans, and it may cost us yet another election

by Anonymousreply 113March 27, 2020 8:22 AM

[quote] this is a rally around the flag reaction. All leaders around the world are seeing a bump in their approval ratings right now, but Trump's is especially small.

Keep this in mind. How many more deaths will it take til his numbers go down?

by Anonymousreply 114March 27, 2020 8:22 AM

The unleashed id, primitive subconscious drives, psychopathy and sociopathic values are at the very heart of a nation built on genocide of Native Americans, gun fetishism, corruption, death and subjugation of others. Donnie's getting it said for every thug-wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 115March 27, 2020 8:34 AM

People are attracted to strong men and authoritarians.

by Anonymousreply 116March 27, 2020 9:03 AM

Trump’s war on intellectuals and elites makes people rally around him. Americans hate intellectuals and experts

by Anonymousreply 117March 27, 2020 9:03 AM

In the political arena, President Donald Trump’s overall job approval rating advanced to his best on record in ABC/Post polls, 48%, even as 58% say he acted too slowly in the early days of the outbreak. This is the first time since he took office that Trump’s approval rating has exceeded disapproval of his work, 46% (though the difference isn’t statistically significant).

Fifty-one percent approve specifically of Trump’s handling of the outbreak; 45% don’t.

by Anonymousreply 118March 27, 2020 10:30 AM

My friend in Upstate NY was parroting the line that we need to rally together and not criticize. I said yes we do need to rally together, but when you had test kits offered by WHO and denied it is directly related to the response of the administration and Trump. She didn't know this of course and then she conceded. Small victory. She said she would vote for Biden.

One of my contacts at TSA - one of my accounts - a Republican, admitted he voted for Rump and said I'm just sick of this. I'm voting for Joe. So there is hope with some sentient people.

by Anonymousreply 119March 27, 2020 12:09 PM

A lot of liberals tend to assume the average American is watching MSNBC and NPR all day. Most Americans are not political or news junkies. Those that are largely are watching Fox News or OAN. They see Trump everyday at the press conferences, and they think he looks strong and commanding. Democrats are not even on the media stage most of the time. It’s his daily press conferences that are boosting him.

by Anonymousreply 120March 27, 2020 1:02 PM

R120, that's why the media have to be more judicious in their broadcasts of the daily briefings. Showing the briefings live and in whole is repeating the 2016 mistake where the media gave Trump overwhelming free coverage. It turns out it's true that all PR, bad or good is worth it. Danger of Biden fading into the background.

by Anonymousreply 121March 27, 2020 1:28 PM

What are "independent swing voters" saying?

by Anonymousreply 122March 27, 2020 1:29 PM

Independents are giving Trump good marks

by Anonymousreply 123March 27, 2020 1:31 PM

Saw new polls showing Trump beating Biden in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 124March 27, 2020 1:31 PM

Americans are so incredibly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2020 1:32 PM

R124, you need to back that shit up with links, because I don’t buy it at all.

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2020 1:36 PM

R124, here’s PA—Biden still leads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2020 1:38 PM

Wisconsin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 27, 2020 1:39 PM

R126, I'm not R125, but I just searched. I think he was talking about this. Copy and paste so you don't have to give the Washington Examiner clicks.

President Trump is polling ahead of the former vice president in both Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to surveys released this week by researchers at Baldwin Wallace University, Ohio Northern University, and Oakland University.

Moreover, Trump is polling in a dead heat against Biden in Wisconsin, although he trails the presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee in Michigan.

The same researchers' data at this time in January saw Trump trailing in all four states.

Put more plainly, Biden may have a real problem on his hands, especially if the COVID-19 pandemic keeps him off the campaign trail and out of the view of a public that is getting plenty of face time with the president.

The surveys, which polled some 3,817 registered voters in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, find Trump winning Ohio 47% to Biden’s 43%. They also show Trump carrying Pennsylvania 47% to 45%. Then there is Wisconsin, where Trump is neck-and-neck with Biden at 45%.

Lastly, there is Michigan, where Biden leads 47% to Trump’s 42%.

The surveys, conducted March 20 and March 25, also find that more than 50% of respondents in all four states approve of Trump’s handling of both the economy and the coronavirus epidemic. Only roughly 30% of voters in each state believe Biden could do a better job. Ouch.

In fact, according to one of the researchers who conducted the surveys, COVID-19 may actually be one of the things contributing to the president’s positive polling numbers.

“Like most crises, the president is likely to see a ‘rally around the flag’ effect with a surge of support from the electorate,” said Robert Alexander, the founding director of Ohio Northern University’s Institute for Civics and Public Policy. “We find this to be the case with Trump, which may be inflating his numbers a bit.”

He adds, “As concerns over COVID-19 persist and economic conditions worsen, it is likely Trump’s approval numbers will wane. We are a long way from November, so we should be cautious about over interpreting results right now – especially given the unprecedented circumstances we are currently experiencing.”

The researchers’ new polling data, which have margins of error between plus or minus 3.3 and 3.9 percentage points, are obviously good news for the president and bad news for Biden, whose campaign has made his strong polling numbers against Trump one of their chief “electability” arguments.

Still, Trump would be stupid to get too cocky with these new numbers out of the Great Lakes region. For starters, the results of the hypothetical match-ups between the president and Biden are within the survey’s margins of error. Second, more respondents in all four states said they were “almost certain” to vote against Trump than said the same for Biden or even Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont. Third, this is only one data set. This is not the trend. Finally, as one of the survey’s researchers noted, it would be crazy to get too comfortable with these numbers, given that the U.S. and world economies are teetering on the brink of ruin thanks to the coronavirus pandemic.

“There’s an intriguing finding where Trump’s numbers are up, but people are worried about the economy and personal finances in particular,” said Baldwin Wallace’s Community Research Institute associate director Lauren Copeland.

She adds, “If the economy continues its downward spiral, I don’t know if Trump’s support will hold up.”

No one knows what will happen, especially when it comes to this president. That is the lesson of the 2016 election. Trump won the Midwest once already, and there is now a viral pandemic keeping his main opponent from the national stage. So, who knows where this goes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 27, 2020 1:40 PM

Ohio. And r124, you’re full of shit, or a Trumpster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2020 1:40 PM

[R126], I'm not *[R124],

by Anonymousreply 131March 27, 2020 1:40 PM

OHIO: Trump 47% (+4) Biden 43%

PENNSYLVANIA: Trump 47% (+2) Biden 45%

WISCONSIN: Trump 45% Biden 45%

@BaldwinWallace/@oaklandu/@ohionorthern 3/17-25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 27, 2020 1:46 PM

Those polls are terrifying

by Anonymousreply 133March 27, 2020 1:47 PM

R95 No, the numbers aren't high because people from 6 wks ago finally got tested. If they were sick 6 ks ago, they wouldn't have it anymore to bother testing them! As far as I'm aware, they are only testing for the actively infected, and a majority have to have current symptoms to be approved for the test.

No excuses.

by Anonymousreply 134March 27, 2020 2:07 PM

R132, those are actually one poll, not three, and obviously an outlier. No credible poll is showing these numbers.

by Anonymousreply 135March 27, 2020 2:09 PM

Keep in mind also: many states have only been quarantined a week or two at this point & with the exception of NYC & San Francisco, outbreaks have not been widespread and concentrated. Since it appears we are approaching the crest of the wave, we'll see how popular Dump is in couple of weeks when the shit really hits the fan & he really loses his shit.

by Anonymousreply 136March 27, 2020 2:14 PM

Nate Silver Trump job approval: registered or likely voters:

46.4 Approve

49.8 Disapprove

by Anonymousreply 137March 27, 2020 2:30 PM

As the crisis continues and the impact of the recession/depression hits more of his supporters, his approval numbers will drop.

by Anonymousreply 138March 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Trump's approval numbers on this has much to do with him downplaying the consequences of the pandemic and expressing it will all be over soon. Whatever has gone wrong, he blames others and doesn't accept any personal responsibility. Fox News and other right wing outlets, deliver pro-Trump narratives and propaganda. The public wants to believe it will all soon be over quickly. Where I live, I have observed many people not practicing social distancing. Much of the electorate is rather stupid.

by Anonymousreply 139March 27, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote]As the crisis continues and the impact of the recession/depression hits more of his supporters, his approval numbers will drop.

Perhaps but I wouldn't be so sure.

The recession/depression will be world-wide and the US will be most likely be in a better position than other countries to come out of it.

by Anonymousreply 140March 27, 2020 2:51 PM

His followers have nothing. They are delighted that anyone else is suffering now, too.

by Anonymousreply 141March 27, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] Perhaps but I wouldn't be so sure.

But the average voter is not rational. They tend to blame whatever president is in power for the current economic situation. When the economy continues to struggle, Trump will be blamed. I hope 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

by Anonymousreply 142March 27, 2020 3:03 PM

R142 You're not wrong about that, but on the other hand people do tend to rally around a President during a crisis. And this is a crisis that's affecting the world.

The response in Europe has been much worse than Trump's. It will be interesting to see how the popularity of their leaders fare. Italy's government now has it's highest approval rating with over 8,000 people dead....

by Anonymousreply 143March 27, 2020 3:12 PM

And shouldn't this be Biden's moment? What is he doing to convince the American public that he has the answers?

Where is he?

by Anonymousreply 144March 27, 2020 3:26 PM

Joe Biden's plan, publicized at the start of the outbreak and continuously since then. Sorry if you were busy watching Bravo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote]Joe Biden's plan, publicized at the start of the outbreak and continuously since then. Sorry if you were busy watching Bravo.

Do you think his messaging is getting out to the American people?

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2020 3:37 PM

Biden recently did a CNN interview from home. He can't travel and meet in gatherings without major risks to himself and attendees. The media is not focused on the Democratic primaries remaining, and several of them have been postponed.

by Anonymousreply 147March 27, 2020 3:37 PM

R147 Exactly. His messaging is not getting out. He's on the sidelines. He's invisible.

by Anonymousreply 148March 27, 2020 3:45 PM

If only Biden could be more like Bernie--continuously miss votes in congress while just talking endlessly for attention.

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2020 3:55 PM

Lol

by Anonymousreply 150March 27, 2020 4:14 PM

Let america rot in HELL .🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 151March 27, 2020 4:20 PM

I don't necessarily think it's bad that Biden has been sidelined...meanwhile as the Rump shitshow plays on and he continues to misinform people and put them at risk. Biden looks stable and compassionate.

by Anonymousreply 152March 27, 2020 5:01 PM

R152, in 2016, did you say that Hillary’s lack of big rallies and media presence was a good thing because it exposed Trump’s stupidity and bigotry?

by Anonymousreply 153March 27, 2020 5:05 PM

his approval rating makes me wonder if anyone is actually watching his daily pressers because he sounds like a psycho during them.

by Anonymousreply 154March 27, 2020 5:11 PM

Agree R154. But as someone above said - Deplorables like that he sounds like an “average” guy. It’s almost like the stupider he sounds, the more they like him. It’s hopeless for a huge portion of the population -40%+.

by Anonymousreply 155March 27, 2020 5:47 PM

trump’s approval has increased to 37% among latinos and 18% among blacks in the latest pew poll

this is an *all adults* sample!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 27, 2020 6:51 PM

For the Canadians/former-Canadians on DL, do you feel there is really a big difference in terms of quality of life between, say, Ontario versus the East Coast, Upper Midwest or Chicago area?

by Anonymousreply 157March 27, 2020 7:09 PM

MAKE AMERICA BREATHE AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 158March 27, 2020 7:16 PM

Scary

by Anonymousreply 159March 27, 2020 7:18 PM

biden's gotta get out there, and everyone who hates Trump, which is actually most of the country, has to get out there with ads and speeches and anything that gets attention. call him out for the cunt he is. It's really not that hard. There is that one ad calling him out for all his wrong predictions about this virus.

by Anonymousreply 160March 27, 2020 9:01 PM

Yeah, nonTrumpers are so passive and timid. Speak up and oppose him every day!

by Anonymousreply 161March 27, 2020 9:05 PM

[quote] biden's gotta get out there,

Do you really want to risk that and have him show what else he can no longer remember? It would be better to keep him locked in the attic drooling until election day.

by Anonymousreply 162March 27, 2020 9:07 PM

Hillary Try to keep a low profile and run the clock out too. How did that work out for her?

by Anonymousreply 163March 27, 2020 9:37 PM

Look - even the Italians have rallied around their prime minister. It's a natural thing. But barely anyone is rallying around Trump. People should't be worrying about his approval ratings right now.

"Coronavirus rally-around-the-flag approval rating boost for incumbents:

Conte +27 (Demos) Macron +14 (Ipsos) Merkel +11 (Forschungsgruppe Wahlen) Trump +5 (Gallup) "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 27, 2020 9:43 PM

Trump should be sent to Guantanamo for crimes against humanity including separating children from their parents.

by Anonymousreply 165March 27, 2020 9:54 PM

I disagree that Dems should be out there now. Given the “rally around the nation” / work together mentality the crisis breeds, the ads they are ruining come off as “unpatriotic” to many. I don’t agree they are - but I can tell you they are having that effect and turning people off to Dems in swing states. Hold fire until it’s needed - when this dies down a little and the election heats up.

It’s 8 months away - stats and approval ratings today are not indicative. Just like Bernies seemingly guaranteed nomination 4 months ago is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 166March 27, 2020 10:10 PM

R164 That's interesting. Macron, Conte, Sánchez have handled things much worse than even Trump.

by Anonymousreply 167March 27, 2020 10:37 PM

Let us agree that citizens who rally around a head of state who threatens extra military personnel at the border of a major trade partner/neighbor to distract from a catastrophe that threatens those citizens lives are attocerebral, cretinous, ignorant and daft.

by Anonymousreply 168March 27, 2020 10:37 PM

R168 How do you think Europe is enforcing the closing of its borders?

by Anonymousreply 169March 27, 2020 10:45 PM

[quote] And shouldn't this be Biden's moment? What is he doing to convince the American public that he has the answers?

[quote]Where is he?

He’s still just a candidate, thanks to a certain senator staying in the race without a chance to win.

by Anonymousreply 170March 28, 2020 12:38 AM

I’m beginning to come around to the idea that “Idiocracy” was a documentary and there really is no hope for this country.

by Anonymousreply 171March 28, 2020 12:40 AM

For those of you who are screaming about Trump's approval numbers: Fox News polling shows Biden has a 9% lead over Trump among registered voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 28, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote] Let us agree that citizens who rally around a head of state who threatens extra military personnel at the border of a major trade partner/neighbor to distract from a catastrophe that threatens those citizens lives are attocerebral, cretinous, ignorant and daft.

Speak English Libtard! This is America

by Anonymousreply 173March 28, 2020 1:15 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 28, 2020 2:06 AM

You cunts need to relax ... unfortunately it will get a lot worse before it gets better just shut the fuck up about Biden until we have an actual nominee. This recession will be quite deep and last for at least 6 ,moths probably more

by Anonymousreply 175March 28, 2020 2:09 AM

God, was it just about a month ago we were talking about debates, Biden, Bernie, Pete, Liz and Amy. Those were are biggest worries. Now we have to worry, at least in NYC, if we leave our home we die. I knew Trump would fuck us, but I thought it would be financially, like killing social programs. I didn't think he would literally be killing us.

by Anonymousreply 176March 28, 2020 2:27 AM

A month ago there were 0 (confirmed) Covid-19 deaths in the US.

by Anonymousreply 177March 28, 2020 2:33 AM

51% of Americans approve of Pres. Trump’s handing of the coronavirus outbreak; 45% disapprove, new @ABC News/WaPo poll finds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 28, 2020 2:56 AM

The impeachment trial seems like it happened ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 179March 28, 2020 3:03 AM

That could be a good thing. It really didn’t help Democrats

by Anonymousreply 180March 28, 2020 3:13 AM

It had to be done, r180. Of course they could have delayed it .....but ya know....

by Anonymousreply 181March 28, 2020 3:25 AM

Idiots like to support lousy presidents, who are in trouble. Idiots voted for him, idiots support him.

by Anonymousreply 182March 28, 2020 3:25 AM

Idiots like to support lousy presidents, who are in trouble. Idiots voted for him, idiots support him.

by Anonymousreply 183March 28, 2020 3:25 AM

More men are dying than Grannies.

by Anonymousreply 184March 28, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]How is that not completely beside to point?

It's not beside the point. Trump's approval ratings are artificially high right now, because (I've said this twice before) of a rally-round-the-flag syndrome - it's happening everywhere. It's not a response to his actions. The same thing happened to Bush during Katrina.

The fact that he would lose the election pretty substantially if it were held today is proof that his higher-than-normal approval ratings at the moment are meaningless. His approval numbers will take a huge dive in a month or two.

by Anonymousreply 185March 28, 2020 3:31 AM

For those wondering where he is, Biden had a virtual town hall on CNN tonight devoted to COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 186March 28, 2020 3:46 AM

He dodges every question, changes the subject, makes empty boasts, talks with his hands, repeats the same answer over and over. And everything is brilliant, amazing, incredible, wonderful.

The pink elephant in the room is: Why didn't you mobilize all this two months ago? Or at least start planning?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 28, 2020 3:50 AM

It's a stunt. GWB did it with $300 checks some years ago.

by Anonymousreply 188March 28, 2020 9:43 PM

The plain truth is Americans lack imagination. They can't imagine that somebody would have done better than this. They are so dim about alternatives they are pretty much all deserving of slavery under some Putinesque dictator.

by Anonymousreply 189March 28, 2020 9:45 PM

I was just watching MSNBC and Revered Al had some black woman on, complaining that the stimulus checks are racist because many black people don't have checking accounts and won't be able to get a direct deposit.

If that's the kind of divisive "racism" broken record messaging that's going to keep coming out of the Left, then yes Democrats are better off just not saying anything at this point.

by Anonymousreply 190March 28, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote]The plain truth is Americans lack imagination. They can't imagine that somebody would have done better than this.

What western country was prepared? Of the G7 leaders, who was on top of this?

by Anonymousreply 191March 28, 2020 10:46 PM

The US response, as a whole, has been better than any in Europe. Much of that was not due to Trump, however, but because many Governors took control.

by Anonymousreply 192March 28, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]The US response, as a whole, has been better than any in Europe. Much of that was not due to Trump, however, but because many Governors took control.

Conte, Macron, Sanchez, Johnson have been a disaster.

That Spain and France, couldn't see what was happening at their door step is incredible. Spain now has nearly 6,000 deaths. The population of the country is only 47 million people.

by Anonymousreply 193March 28, 2020 11:00 PM

[quote]I was just watching MSNBC and Revered Al had some black woman on, complaining that the stimulus checks are racist because many black people don't have checking accounts and won't be able to get a direct deposit.

But I thought anyone with no account would get a check in the mail.

by Anonymousreply 194March 28, 2020 11:01 PM

Polls mean NOTHING. Ask Hillary. Why do some of you act as though millions of people were polled for this?

by Anonymousreply 195March 28, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote]But I thought anyone with no account would get a check in the mail.

The "check in the mail" will take longer, which is apparently evidence of racism.

by Anonymousreply 196March 28, 2020 11:13 PM

So WTF does she want? They have no fucking account. Should the govt make it rain over their communities? She's a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 197March 28, 2020 11:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 28, 2020 11:23 PM

Despite the age of air travel, the US had weeks of additional planning time that much of Europe did not. We also had the benefit of seeing what worked or did not work in Europe. We should be doing better than anybody else, but we are not. Trump was still having rallies in February. And we still don’t have adequate testing.

by Anonymousreply 199March 29, 2020 3:15 AM

Also, Germany has done a pretty good job, much better than the US.

by Anonymousreply 200March 29, 2020 3:20 AM

[quote]Polls mean NOTHING. Ask Hillary.

Odd to still see people saying this. For the billionth time: the polls were largely accurate in 2016. She won the election by the margin they had predicted to within a percent or so. It only took a tiny shift for her to lose those three states in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 201March 29, 2020 3:24 AM

Though, having numbers better than “dismal” really shouldn’t be overly worrisome.

by Anonymousreply 202March 29, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote] Despite the age of air travel, the US had weeks of additional planning time that much of Europe did not. We also had the benefit of seeing what worked or did not work in Europe. We should be doing better than anybody else, but we are not.

That’s true for all 50 states. Obviously, some states have done a terrible job, while other states are doing much better.

by Anonymousreply 203March 29, 2020 3:48 AM

[quote]Despite the age of air travel, the US had weeks of additional planning time that much of Europe did not.

Oh, what are you talking about? By Feb, 22nd Italy already had areas of the country in lockdown. By March 12th it had over 1,000 deaths.

Tell us, meanwhile what was the rest of the European Union doing about it?

by Anonymousreply 204March 29, 2020 6:31 AM

Exactly my point. The week of Feb 22, I bought $400 worth of groceries and sold all my stock investments, because I could see what had happened in China and was happening in Italy; however, Trump was having campaign rallies that week, and was talking about the virus going away, down to zero. The US had no tests that were reliable. Trump should have moved proactively THEN, at the latest. We still aren’t ready, even now. Where are the fucking tests thay said we would have? They promised that everyone who wanted a test could get one, forgetting to add that this was only possible if no one wanted one. By that record, US had 4 more weeks that Italy had to get ready, at least.

by Anonymousreply 205March 29, 2020 7:11 AM

Fake poll numbers, obviously. Most people who are pro trump ares more likely to poll.

by Anonymousreply 206March 29, 2020 12:08 PM

Someone on another board says Trump could really be a psychopath. Googling the characteristics of a psychopath, the following came up:

-grandiose sense of self-worth

-need for stimulation/proneness to boredom

-pathological lying

-conning/manipulative

-lack of remorse or guilt

-shallow affect (i.e., reduced emotional responses)

-callous/lack of empathy

by Anonymousreply 207March 30, 2020 1:55 AM

Interesting, r192 — what exactly do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 208March 30, 2020 1:57 AM

Well, Trump has acted quickly previously:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209March 30, 2020 2:57 AM

R207 must be new here. Welcome, R207 !!!!

by Anonymousreply 210March 30, 2020 3:02 AM

Trump hasn’t a single positive personality or character trait; or moral feature. He’s stupid, mentally ill, drug addled, and possibly demented. I have never met anyone who is remotely as loathsome. How anyone could possibly think positively of him is a complete mystery to me.

My sister and her husband have a history of falling for con men. When I was told once about one particular con man, I though I had destroyed every possible logical reason to trust the guy, and I did, but they fell for him anyway.

As for Trump, I think that once people have aligned themselves with such a loser, it is very hard to come to terms for being taken. They’d rather double down than admit to anyone, even to themselves, that they’d been taken. It breaks my heart because Trump could literally get my sister killed.

by Anonymousreply 211March 30, 2020 4:28 AM

The super PAC Priorities USA has a pro Biden message out that has Trumptard in a tizzy.

Check it out, it's only 30 seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 31, 2020 5:48 PM

Why people pay attention to polls is beyond me. I do not believe that the Idiot has good numbers. This is what this asshole does, he pays for these polls to make us feel like he is invincible but I just don't believe it, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 213March 31, 2020 6:01 PM

Polls become increasingly irrelevant as more people get rid of regular telephone service and use cellular - which can block these types of calls. Land lines are for old people & people in the sticks with poor cell coverage

by Anonymousreply 214March 31, 2020 6:07 PM

I keep telling you but you don’t listen. The news media is hated across the country. It’s based in NY, Washington & LA.

For 30 years, rightwing radio & tv have been feeding flyoverstan with hatred for those 3 places and for the media which operates out of them. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp? The “drive by” media, the “lame stream media” the MSM. People HATE Jim Acosta. (I happen to agree that he’s pretty obviously looking for twitter moments.) Yamechi Alcindor is hated. They see her as an uppity black woman (only they don’t say “black woman”...they use their favorite word). The media is seen as self-serving, looking to get famous & not having respect for the president.

You really don’t get it. They WANT foul mouthed, foul tempered, rotten Trump to insult the media. They see Trump as fighting for them against the Jews, immigrants & black people they hate. Us oldsters remember the huzzahs middle America gave to George HW Bush when he snapped at Dan Rather live on the air. They said “Finally, someone’s talking back to those rude reporters!” Bush’s popularity went waaaay up after that.

Trump’s numbers are going up because of Alcindor, Acosta & others. Even moderate people who haven’t liked Trump are glad he’s being nasty to the media. You don’t have any idea how much the vast middle & southern wastelands hate the coasts.

Oh, and when Coronavirus starts hitting them hard, they’re not going to blame Trump. They’re already blaming NY & CA. “Sanctuary” states. I hear it every.single.day where I live, and I live on the east coast. They’re blaming illegal aliens, Chinese & “rich NY Jews” for fleeing the city & bringing their disease to good, white Christian Americans, The fucking governor of Rhode Island is sending the Nat’l Guard door to door hunting NYers down. We had our first case of coronavirus the same day as NYC had its first case, but the narrative is that “rich Jews from the city” came here in their private jets and spread it around. Not only that, but yesterday I heard that the rich Jews gave the virus to their landscaping crews. “The Jews” demanded their estates they fled to be groomed, so they made Cuomo deem landscapers essential personnel. “There are leaf blowers going off everywhere!” I heard in line at the supermarket. “They don’t want even one leaf on the ur property! So all the illegals are out there fertilizing & leaf blowing all day long!”

I don’t know where you people think you’re living, but I know where Im living. I’m in the country where Donald Trump was elected president as a thumb in the eye of the “elites” on the coasts because he shares their hatreds.

by Anonymousreply 215March 31, 2020 10:29 PM

Vox adds some interesting context to trumps disconcerting coronabump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 31, 2020 10:53 PM

Do "the Jews" include Jared and Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 217April 1, 2020 3:51 AM

[quote]They’re blaming illegal aliens, Chinese & “rich NY Jews” for fleeing the city & bringing their disease to good, white Christian Americans

Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 218April 1, 2020 3:52 AM

r215, there’s no evidence that anyone said anything you claim. You need to distinguish between your fever dreams and reality.

by Anonymousreply 219April 1, 2020 4:26 AM

R219, people are saying...and you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

by Anonymousreply 220April 1, 2020 10:25 PM

His numbers are falling back to earth. Biden is ahead in Wisconsin by three points; nationally, Biden is ahead by ten points. We are just in the infancy of the economic crash, but by August people will be getting evicted and unemployment will be 35 percent. People are going to be *pissed* and the commercials showing Trump mocking the threat of the virus will be playing nonstop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 1, 2020 10:36 PM

“Nobody knows this could happen”. -DJT

Of course we did. Not specifically. But we knew a great challenge would face President Trump, it was just a matter of time. And we knew he wasn’t up to the task, which was proven true. Thats part of why so many people are anti-Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 222April 1, 2020 11:22 PM

I really hope Bloomberg really does spend a billion to defeat Cheeto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 1, 2020 11:29 PM

More than six in ten (63%) white men and a slim majority (51%) of white women hold favorable views of #Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 1, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote] We are just in the infancy of the economic crash, but by August people will be getting evicted and unemployment will be 35 percent. People are going to be *pissed* and the commercials showing Trump mocking the threat of the virus will be playing nonstop.

I predict people will see Trump as the one who can get us to back to the previous economic state, since he’s already done it once before. The Trump campaign will probably neutralize the commercials with ads showing Democrats saying the same type of things at the same point in time.

by Anonymousreply 225April 2, 2020 1:20 AM

OHIO Trump 52% (+8) Generic Dem 44% . WISCONSIN Trump 49% (+4) Generic Dem 45% . PENNSYLVANIA Trump 50% (+3) Generic Dem 47% . MICHIGAN Generic Dem 48% (+1) Trump 47%

@ChangePolls/@rbrtraining 3/21-23

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 3, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] R225: I predict people will see Trump as the one who can get us to back to the previous economic state, since he’s already done it once before. The Trump campaign will probably neutralize the commercials with ads showing Democrats saying the same type of things at the same point in time.

Even Trump’s most dedicate patsies surely must know that he hadn’t “already done it once”, and that he just lucked into inheriting a strong economy that was growing and getting stronger.

by Anonymousreply 227April 4, 2020 3:41 AM

America is Trumptown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228April 4, 2020 3:48 AM

George H. W. Bush was a very popular President after the Gulf War. But then there was a bad recession, and people deserted him. As long as the Dems run a decent campaign, the Dems win. Particularly, as long as Biden remains healthy, Bernie is fully supportive of him, and there isn’t a strong third party candidate.

In 2016, Hillary lost Florida by less than the number of votes that went to Jill Stein. No, this time, many of Trump ‘s previous voters would never dream of voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 229April 4, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote]The Trump campaign will probably neutralize the commercials with ads showing Democrats saying the same type of things at the same point in time.

Like who? Biden published an op-ed in JANUARY saying we weren't responding fast enough to the coronavirus. Most of the Democrats in the Senate (including everyone running in the primary) were saying the same thing by early February, and Democratic governors were consistently the first to take action.

Trump's the one who dropped the ball.

by Anonymousreply 230April 4, 2020 4:03 AM

If Trump is somehow reelected, the northeast and Pacific states should secede.

by Anonymousreply 231April 4, 2020 4:54 AM

And virginia

by Anonymousreply 232April 4, 2020 11:14 AM

I think all the coastal states would be up for it with the possible exception of SC.

by Anonymousreply 233April 4, 2020 7:43 PM

I don't understand why anyone would watch Trump's briefings, but they must make a favorable impact or he would stop doing them. [bold]Made me wonder about his inherent appeal[/bold] - because it doesn't matter what he says, his appearances whip up the enthusiasm of his primary base and improve his standing with the secondary group (sane Republicans and right-leaning independents).

1. [bold]He is very telegenic.[/bold] I read that he reviews his speeches, appearances and old apprentice tapes with the sound off to notice his body language and expressions. IMO, his tone of voice is important, too. He's not shrill, softening his insults with ... "I'm sure some are good people" statements.

2. [bold]He is supported by monster messaging machine:[/bold] Fox News, Conservative publications dependent on patronage (Who funds the Federalist?), talk radio, evangelical preachers, local TV and radio news. Most are owned/controlled by a few entities and they mirror each others talking points, tailoring them slightly to each outlet's audience.

3. [bold]He benefits from his alliance w/Facebook.[/bold] Not only do they openly allow phony publications that look real to support Trump, they constantly allow stealth ads - so they can analyze what works and doesn't incredibly fast. He can change directions on a dime.

And...he's not bound any sense of decency.

by Anonymousreply 234April 4, 2020 8:13 PM

Enthusiasm to vote for president in this year's election by party via new @CNN poll just out:

Republican voters: 80% extremely or very enthusiastic 20% somewhat or less enthusiastic

Democratic voters: 56% extremely or very enthusiastic 43% somewhat or less enthusiastic

by Anonymousreply 235April 10, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote] If Trump is somehow reelected, the northeast and Pacific states should secede.

We should join Canada.

by Anonymousreply 236April 10, 2020 3:51 AM

I wouldn't trust any of these numbers no matter where they came from.

by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2020 4:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!