Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When's the last time you left your house?

We're taking social distancing seriously and haven't gone anywhere in two weeks, save a couple of hikes (we live in New England). I've switched over to grocery delivery. It's very surreal. My partner and I are not used to working from home. How about you? When's the last time you ventured into society?

by Anonymousreply 179March 30, 2020 7:59 PM

I'm an essential worker. I'm sitting in my office as I type.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2020 4:49 PM

Every 3 days to local food store for past 2 weeks. Keep distance, wipe down bags, wash hands and wear gloves. Taking hikes in park alone with no one else around when it’s a nice day. So probably 8 out of 10 on the strictness scale.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2020 4:50 PM

I walk my dog twice daily. A quick one in the morning. A long one at 10:30 pm. The streets are mostly empty then. I sing On My Own from Les Mis and it’s really great. (I am making part of this up.). Like you, OP, I have groceries delivered and try to order in sufficient to not have to do it often and be one less person straining that system. I haven’t seen anyone since Sunday (then six feet apart) except for strangers I pass on the street. Then one or the other usually crosses to the other side first.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2020 4:52 PM

Yesterday to get ice and chocolate. Martinis don’t make themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2020 4:56 PM

Groceries a couple times a week for the past two weeks.

Twice a week for prepared food shops which, unlike restaurants are closed (restaurants that switched to delivery only operations are allowed.)

The dog gets walked three or four times a day.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2020 4:57 PM

I creep out after dark and carry an old, heavy stick with a sharp edge made out of a rhody root. I walk the dirt roads and make sure I wear black. When cars are seen approaching, I creep into the woods and wait til' they pass.

Been practicing social distancing for years.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2020 4:58 PM

Two walks a day (I don't come anywhere near to close contact), plus grocery store every 3-4 days.

Running out of things to do. At first, I loved the isolation and feeling like I didn't have to do anything. It was great to have that pressure off. But it's going to get old quickly.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2020 5:00 PM

I’m a Red Cross volunteer. I went to a fire to provide assistance to the families who were made homeless. We try to keep everyone 6 feet away, but I’m not sure whether I should be doing this. I’m 59 with no relevant medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2020 5:03 PM

I leave my house every day, hike around for about an hour. Fresh air, deep breaths. Not concerned about distancing or cooties on packages/surfaces. After I return from hiking around, I wash my hands. Good enough.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2020 5:08 PM

I took my car in yesterday to get 6 month service. I go on 20 mile drives every day. I go on an 30 min walk every day. I pick up food every three days. I went to the drug store, grocery store (forgot the bag and had to pay 5 cents for paper). What's the problem with that?

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2020 5:25 PM

I returned from an overseas trip on the 17th (last Tuesday.) Since then, I've been out three times to pick up groceries (outside the store.) I haven't been inside a building (other than my house) or around any other people since then.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2020 5:43 PM

I take a walk daily to keep sane. I may pass people but everyone tries to keep social distancing

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2020 5:49 PM

I take a walk, too, but yesterday a neighbor approached me to say hi and began crowding my space! I kept backing away! Surreal...

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2020 5:56 PM

Why does everyone say "surreal" like crazy now? It's as bad as everyone starting every sentence with the word "so."

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2020 6:00 PM

I'm what law enforcement refers to as a house cat. I get my groceries delivered, make an astronomical amount of money working for a bank and can do the job remotely.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2020 7:51 PM

I remember reading some story about a guy in Manhattan who'd spent over $32,000 in one year on things being delivered to his house: groceries, meals, Amazon stuff -- everything. I thought it was kind of wasteful and indulgent at the time, but I guess we're all going to end up like that.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]When's the last time you left your house?

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2020 8:27 PM

I am jogging/walking the beach 2 days a week VERY early for about 2.5 hours each stretch. (Only thing I truly love and have left possibly)

Other than that, I am limiting it to the supermarket and post office once per week on same day...

That's it!!!

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2020 8:29 PM

I drove to Wegmans in C'ville yesterday morning - arrived shortly after opening (07:00am) - very few shoppers then. I got everything on my list except peanut oil (for stove-top popcorn using Whirley-pop). I live in a rural part of Central VA on 5 acres. No neighbors, no noise and no covid-19 yet. I can drive around the rural roads where I live and rarely encounter other vehicles - at least I can get out for a change of scenery w/o seeing another human - just wildlife.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2020 8:55 PM

I leave to pick up groceries via curb side service every few days. Before that I hadn’t left my house in about 2 weeks, I work from home and im basically a shut-in.

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2020 9:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2020 9:13 PM

I shop for groceries every day.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2020 9:14 PM

R15 is a big fat bitch!

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2020 9:27 PM

....I just got back from Costco.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2020 9:28 PM

I have to return an Amazon purchase. Hold me, I’m frightened.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2020 9:30 PM

Sweet Jesus, Costco is Ground Zero for the Great Unwashed: all those old zombies hovering around intersections and aisle ends to wait for a sample server to replenish a tray of some vile tidbits ("but they're free! take more - they won't say 'No!'") and lardass bitches with frazzled husbands with bad haircuts and plastic shirts and a half dozen fat children hungry for cheap pizza. The place is disgusting under the best of conditions.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2020 9:33 PM

About 7 hours ago. Took a long walk by myself, picked up some things from shops I was pleased to see still open.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Only for booze

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2020 9:37 PM

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2020 9:42 PM

Four or five days ago. Will have to go out tomorrow for milk, Gloved up and with an R95 Ii bought 15 years ago for SARS.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2020 9:43 PM

Friday, the 20th (5 whole days ago) to scrounge for some food. It was a bad enough experience to make me want to stay under lockdown for at least 10 more days.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2020 9:51 PM

Had fun in the grocery store during non-olds hours. Will stick to those times from now on.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2020 3:07 PM

I went outside simply to place my garbage on the stoop for collection this morning.

the day before that I did a brief shopping trip. I'll make one today too

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2020 3:09 PM

Yesterday. Dentist appointment. A crown fell out. It was very stealth. I was told to show up at an EXACT time as the door would not be opened before then. My temperature was taken before I was let in. The whole thing was insane. My doctor told me that dentistry is NOT considered an "essential service unless it was life threatening." Gun stores here (L.A.) are open...dentists are not.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2020 3:13 PM

At 4 this morning for my daily spit on all my neighbors' doorknobs.

They all open their doors later to check their mail, and I have to put this cough and fever to work for the good of humankind.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2020 3:15 PM

if they wash their hands like good citizens your plans are foiled, bucko

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2020 3:26 PM

About a week & I’m getting pretty stir crazy. The stuff I want to do & have to do around the house, I should not do because I’m very accident prone & it involves like building shelves & stuff.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2020 3:50 PM

OP - you "leave your house" when you go hiking. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2020 3:52 PM

2.5 weeks ago. I’m in London and got very sick. No tests and my GP said he thought I had Covid (over the phone) along with many other of his patients. I have a nice outside deck though, so I have been able to get outside and sit in the sun. That’s been the little miracle: that the weather has recently been amazing in London for the first time in ages.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2020 3:57 PM

My physical therapist came by yesterday afternoon, and checked my temperature and blood pressure before we started our routine. I warned him that I had been feeling 'off' the day before, but he said I was fine. After he left, I went out to pick up my mail at the Post Office then stopped at Subway for a tuna sandwich. Where I live (Ohio) everyone seems to be taking 'social distancing' seriously. I don't need to go out again for some time.

A few days ago, I picked up an order of Kung Pao chicken from my favorite Chinese restaurant. I had asked my brother if we could stop there on the way back from an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon, and he was incredulous. So i went there on my own, and chatted with the staff there, who I've known for a long time. They were always very kind and respectful to my parents, when they were still alive. I guess you pick your priorities.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2020 4:06 PM

I went to the supermarket for some groceries on Monday. 6 min total + 2 at the register.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2020 4:10 PM

today. I walked 3 miles from the downtown where I live to the bridge over the river. I do this every day. There are people out but everyone is keeping their distance from one another. Im grateful I can do this.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2020 4:52 PM

We love you, R1.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2020 4:55 PM

Day 11. Walk and swim every day on a deserted beach at sunset,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2020 5:20 PM

I went to Walmart at 7am. I needed some screws and bolts to repair a chair. There were little to no customers in the store. I ventured over to the food section and picked up a few things I didn't really need today, but knew I would soon. All I'll need to buy for next week are some salad fixins, so I can get in and get out fast next Tuesday at the 6am senior hour.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2020 6:19 PM

R44, holy fuck

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2020 6:36 PM

I need an affordable well made ergonomic chair, under 100$...any suggestions? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2020 4:36 PM

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2020 4:58 PM

My husband and I hate people and work at home anyway, so it wasn't a stretch for us.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2020 5:00 PM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2020 5:02 PM

Over 2 weeks ago. I work from home, so that part hasn’t changed for me.

I get grocery deliveries and I do spend time outside in my yard. We have a home gym, so my routine has not changed too much except for the socializing part. I only socialize with my dogs and partner now.

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2020 5:04 PM

Sep 10th 2001

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2020 6:50 PM

I'm out running deliveries so I have been out daily every day

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2020 6:52 PM

I go for a walk every day - sometime 2 walks a day. But haven't been to a store or even a drive through or carry out restaurant in about 10 days.

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2020 6:55 PM

Oh no! I found this big stick laying out by the woods early this morning. I hope oldlez at R6 is okay!

I'll sent my oldmom out to look for her with no luck. Should I call the police?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2020 7:46 PM

All week only been out walking our puppy .She not a clue as to why same people we pass at safe distance cannot pet her just now.The drink cabinet is empty .What drink is worth risking a deadly virus for ?

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2020 8:00 PM

delivery

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2020 9:40 PM

[quote] Yesterday. Dentist appointment. A crown fell out. It was very stealth. I was told to show up at an EXACT time as the door would not be opened before then. My temperature was taken before I was let in.

Interesting, R34, I was wondering what people will do if they need a dentist.

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2020 9:41 PM

I'm in London and we're 'allowed' to leave the house for exercise or for essential shopping so I go out a couple of times a day. I don't go within two metres of anyone and tend to walk on open space. The weirdest thing for me has been not being able to go to a cafe/pub or to a friend's house or to visit my sister. I'm not going to starve or lack for exercise but I already miss being able to sit somewhere that isn't my own house.

As an aside, I can see further restrictions on the exercise rule - runners and cyclists have been abusing it and annoying people out for walks.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2020 10:23 PM

Reading r59, I'm ready for my death panel. I just can't take it anymore. Someone call Sarah for me.

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2020 10:25 PM

Cyclists are douchebags. I hope they get hit by cars.

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2020 10:42 PM

Actually, I am leaving soon for the supermarket and also to get out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2020 10:44 PM

I try to walk a portion of the property daily with the dogs, weather permitting. We don't need to go out for anything. We had this house stocked weeks before we arrived from NYC... just in case... I thought we were overreacting, now I'm glad we did.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2020 10:48 PM

r61, hope you die of covid19

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2020 2:43 AM

That's a good one, R55, but it needs a sharp angle at the top for head knocking purposes.

Love the concern, I'm safe, but do call the police for those domestically disputing bitches down the street. The straight life really sucks for them now that they can't get away from each other.

by Anonymousreply 65March 28, 2020 2:56 AM

I think it will be a week ago tomorrow. Which is fine by me. I'm a homebody anyway. I'm loving not having to get ready for work and being able to work from home.

by Anonymousreply 66March 28, 2020 2:58 AM

ugh. . . .

by Anonymousreply 67March 28, 2020 3:03 AM

Last week. It was terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 68March 28, 2020 11:15 AM

I live in Chicago. I go for a walk every morning. But I have not been to a store of any kind for one week. Today's the day. I shall be appropriately donned in gloves, face mask, wipes and Purell. Upon returning home, I shall toss the gloves and face mask in the garbage can outside, and boil my caftan and lavalier earrings to sanitize them.

by Anonymousreply 69March 28, 2020 12:31 PM

I've been fortunate to be able to stay home since schools closed here in Broward. I use Publix delivery for food, Amazon for everything. I even watched YouTube videos to figure out how express my pug's anal glands because our vet only does it in emergencies, i.e. they're impacted and need surgery.

Today I went to Walgreen's, where I saw customers who were obviously unwell, sweating & with a parlor on their faces presaging death. The employees wore gloves and mask, their faces lined with worry, on the floor duct tape told one where to stand to adhere to social distancing.

I've been home just 2 weeks! My Walgreens was unrecognizable

Unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 70March 28, 2020 12:52 PM

Have done 3 weeks in quarantine and been out for groceries/meds twice and gassed up the car once. Been for a couple of short drives. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 71March 28, 2020 1:10 PM

Got gas and picked up groceries two days ago, also got some toilet paper a couple of weeks ago, but otherwise have stayed home since the 8th.

by Anonymousreply 72March 28, 2020 2:32 PM

To be honest, Tuesday... I have enough food and toilet paper. No need to venture out. Plus, today it’s raining here.

by Anonymousreply 73March 28, 2020 2:33 PM

you guys are all introverted shut-ins

by Anonymousreply 74March 28, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote]you guys are all HEALTHY introverted shut-ins

by Anonymousreply 75March 28, 2020 2:35 PM

r74 So what?

by Anonymousreply 76March 28, 2020 2:35 PM

it's frustrating

by Anonymousreply 77March 28, 2020 2:38 PM

Not since Tuesday but I'll have to go out next Friday to pick up medications. Which means I'll have to reset the 14 day isolation.

by Anonymousreply 78March 28, 2020 2:42 PM

not even to go on a walk?

by Anonymousreply 79March 28, 2020 2:43 PM

I went into the backyard to walk around and get some sun.

by Anonymousreply 80March 28, 2020 2:45 PM

I've been exercising inside because of allergies but I do leave to take out trash, get the mail, stuff like that. Will have yard work to do next weekend if it doesn't storm again.

by Anonymousreply 81March 28, 2020 2:51 PM

r58 I have an abscess on my gum...I cannot find a dentist that's open...so I suffer

by Anonymousreply 82March 28, 2020 2:51 PM

I've been to the grocery store once in the past 14 days because I've was running low on food. Otherwise not been out those two weeks except to work in my yard.

Got some deliveries .

by Anonymousreply 83March 28, 2020 2:55 PM

My mother and I live together so I'm avoiding the outside world as much as possible for her safety. She's in her 80s and has some health issues. Plus I'm fat have high blood pressure and I'm 47 years old. Healthier people than me have died from this.

by Anonymousreply 84March 28, 2020 2:58 PM

this is true

by Anonymousreply 85March 28, 2020 3:15 PM

I delivered a meal on an acid wheel to Patsy, Patsy Stone. 1973? Have things changed much on the outside?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 28, 2020 3:19 PM

March 9th is the last day I commuted by subway to my office in Manhattan. I have not ventured further than my the front of my building since then.

by Anonymousreply 87March 28, 2020 3:20 PM

Have to leave it 2-3 times every day to walk our dog around the block (we stopped going to the park). We also use that as an opportunity stop by our local grocery store which is small and not crowded at all, for daily essentials (if we need any.) Otherwise, one trip every week to a smaller supermarket for the weekly grocery run.

by Anonymousreply 88March 28, 2020 3:25 PM

It's finally supposed to start getting warmer here in SoCal (it's been unseasonably cold the past few weeks) so I hope to be able to sit out on my patio soon. Otherwise, I'm cooped up in my townhouse since I returned from overseas last Tuesday. Have only been out to do online grocery order pickup at Walmart and to get the mail.

by Anonymousreply 89March 28, 2020 3:27 PM

[quote] Otherwise, I'm cooped up in my townhouse since I returned from overseas last Tuesday

From where overseas? Are you under mandatory quarantine?

by Anonymousreply 90March 28, 2020 3:32 PM

Yesterday. Went to Family Dollar, Kroger, got gasoline. Went to work at 4pm.

by Anonymousreply 91March 28, 2020 3:37 PM

r90 Africa. No, they didn't even check me at the airport (LAX) -- just waved me through, despite the fact I'd been cooped up on an A380 with hundreds of people for 17 hours.

by Anonymousreply 92March 28, 2020 3:37 PM

The government needs to crack down on the people going to the grocery store several times a week. By now everyone should have several weeks of groceries stockpiled.

by Anonymousreply 93March 28, 2020 3:39 PM

I had to drop off my taxes the other night. Other than that, I haven’t been out of the house in over a week.

by Anonymousreply 94March 28, 2020 3:40 PM

R92 it was like that for me 2 weeks ago. No check, nothing. We’re fucked.

by Anonymousreply 95March 28, 2020 3:43 PM

[quote] The government needs to crack down on the people going to the grocery store several times a week. By now everyone should have several weeks of groceries stockpiled.

Yes, and create unnecessary shortages of essential items, with supply lines already strained. You really are dense, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 96March 28, 2020 3:43 PM

R92 You should have stayed in Africa. You have a much greater chance of infection in the US than in any African country.

by Anonymousreply 97March 28, 2020 3:47 PM

R74, on the contrary. Look up the stats on DL on the Mediapolis website. The older, more likely to be shut ins are at the bottom of the list in participation percentages.

by Anonymousreply 98March 28, 2020 4:04 PM

Yesterday (first time out of the house since Monday) to take a hike in a state recreation area that's open. We were surprised to see plenty of cars in the lots and, as a result, more surprised to see almost no one in the woods: only two other people in the distance as we were walking. UNTIL we found a properly-modeled social-distancing circle jerk way in the woods: five or six guys widely spaced from each other beating off without touching each other. Two were wearing face masks.

I knew this sort of thing went on in the past - in this place, the past being about 30 years ago - but we were both surprised (I mean, how did they all know where to go? - it was at least a mile from where we went into the woods, although there may have been other ways to access this particular spot) and ultimately not surprised: people are horny, the weather was nice, the cops have better things to do these days than patrol a forest, and perhaps some other, more easily accessible cruising spots are closed.

No idea if there's a connection, but there's a MMJ dispensary and a gold course nearby. The dispensary is open and the golf course was closed. Do people go to get weed, get high in the car, and jerk off? Or golfers who can't play with their clubs wander in the woods to play with themselves? I imagine we'll see more strange shit before this is over.

by Anonymousreply 99March 28, 2020 4:14 PM

Guys, guys! You are going to the grocery store way too often if you are going every 3 days. You should be buying enough food and supplies to last 7-10 days.

by Anonymousreply 100March 28, 2020 4:19 PM

r97 I couldn't stay in Africa -- they were planning to quarantine anyone who'd entered the country for the past 14 days, and they closed their borders with neighboring countries. I didn't want to be quarantined indefinitely in a third world country.

by Anonymousreply 101March 28, 2020 4:27 PM

I'm not going INTO a grocery store at all ... but I've had to do Walmart grocery pickup multiple times because they NEVER have certain items I want.

by Anonymousreply 102March 28, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote]they were planning to quarantine anyone who'd entered the country for the past 14 days,

R101 In the Gambia, they tried that. Quarantined in a hotel in Banjul 14 of their nationals returning from the UK. The nationals escaped from the hotel, probably headed home. There's still a nation-wide manhunt to find the escapees.

by Anonymousreply 103March 28, 2020 4:35 PM

I opened a business on March 1. My timing is impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 104March 28, 2020 4:36 PM

r104 If it was either toilet paper manufacturing or a home delivery service, you're in great shape.

by Anonymousreply 105March 28, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote] I saw customers who were obviously unwell, sweating & with a parlor on their faces presaging death.

The health director in a county adjacent to mine told a reporter yesterday that there are people who have tested positive that are still gathering with friends and family members they don't live with and going out into the community to shop.

by Anonymousreply 106March 28, 2020 4:54 PM

Slipped out for an evening walk on Monday and popped into my local bodega for some rolling paper. Nobody was there except a mask and glove wearing guy behind the counter. Door was open so no need to touch the handle. Went for some groceries on the 19th. Other than that, I've stayed home, but I have gotten some home deliveries. I know I should get out more but I'm scared shitless - which is a good thing considering the TP shortage...

I keep counting the days. Two and a half weeks since I went to the Theater to see the second half of The Inheritance before it closed. Two weeks since I was in the subway. A week and a half since I was in a crowded grocery store. If I have my way, I'll pick up the package that is arriving today and, after that, no more contact.

by Anonymousreply 107March 28, 2020 5:00 PM

Me too, R67. Single, live alone. Friday the temp hit 57/sunny and typically I would go walk to meet a few people at the bar, drinks on the rooftop or a patio. It's "summer" weather here after miserable winter temps in Minnesota. But I just got in my car and drove around, went for a walk alone. I'm pretty miserable.

by Anonymousreply 108March 28, 2020 5:07 PM

Went for a long walk on the beach this morning. There were a few people there, but everyone was doing their social distancing so no problems. From there I went to Walgreens, which was a ghost town. I got the vitamins I needed and a gallon of milk. Went by Walmart on my way home, and it was packed. I didn't even get out of my car.

by Anonymousreply 109March 28, 2020 5:10 PM

I'm comparatively lucky. I'm in Reno and live 4 blocks from a beautiful little lake (mile and a half around). Lots and lots of geese, swans, seagulls (no I don't know why we have seagulls in Reno!), ducks and pigeons. The few people walking there are very good about maintaining a safe distance. It's 2 blocks from my grocery store so it's convenient and good exercise.

by Anonymousreply 110March 28, 2020 5:14 PM

I don’t remember the exact date, but I do recall that the sky was so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 111March 28, 2020 5:18 PM

I don’t recall the exact date, but I do know that the sky was so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 112March 28, 2020 5:19 PM

Jog for 3 miles 3 days a week. Leave at 5:30 AM to avoid as many people as possible.

I live at the ocean, and when that surf is up, with everyone quarantined or unemployed- it is like nothing I have ever seen.

I am still going out once a week to go to supermarket and post office. I pick one day, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 113March 28, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]Plus I'm fat have high blood pressure and I'm 47 years old. Healthier people than me have died from this.

Exactly the same, R78. You and I can die together. I've already made a death playlist and am going to pitch a fit until the nurses either kill me or turn on my Spotify before they unplug me.

by Anonymousreply 114March 29, 2020 4:29 AM

I’m on day 13.

by Anonymousreply 115March 29, 2020 4:59 AM

Scarf Lady (don't know her name or job, don't care) said in one of the briefings that people may be asymptomatic 'carriers'. Great. Though I don't know how you can be a danger unless you are coughing and sneezing, or a getting intimate with someone.

by Anonymousreply 116March 29, 2020 5:20 AM

I go for a 5km walk every morning then a quick swim in the ocean, followed by a stop at the supermarket to pick up some supplies on the walk home. It’s always quiet at that time.

Then if my Skype / work call schedule allows it I head across the road to the beach at lunchtime to lie in the sun - always 1.5 metres from anyone else. Another quick swim and I’m home for the afternoon.

That’s my weekday schedule until we get total shutdown - most likely this week.

Weekend is pretty much the same - just no work calls and more time day-drinking and Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 117March 29, 2020 5:50 AM

R100 some of us have to work until after 6 or 7pm and can't get to the grocery store until after that. Many are closing now at 8 or 9pm and by that time everything is so picked over and hoarded that in order to get sufficient you must shop every few days.

by Anonymousreply 118March 29, 2020 6:03 AM

If within 60 days the world is not improving, I may be leaving my house via my 15th floor window.

by Anonymousreply 119March 29, 2020 6:04 AM

R119 Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 120March 29, 2020 6:06 AM

Yesterday,went for a stroll thru downtown LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 29, 2020 6:09 AM

I took a long walk through a quaint neighborhood today then stopped by a drug store and the market. It was thrilling.

It felt like a was a pioneer living on a remote farm who took a horse into town to visit the general store. There was so much fresh food in the market, it was astounding. They were well stocked in everything but paper goods and santizer.

by Anonymousreply 122March 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Go for a run/walk everyday. Fortunate that we live in a densely zoned area with a lot of offices nearby. They have been closed for three weeks and a quick 30-45 excursion will lead to no more than sightings of 10 people or less

Partner and I went for a run the other when the weather was wrong and the rain came just as we ventured out.

Didn't see a single person out the entire time, even though we live in a region populated by 8,000,000.

by Anonymousreply 123March 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Boring but true: I took an hour-long walk today around my neighborhood.

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 124March 29, 2020 6:34 AM

We have that problem too R118, hours are so limited for groceries and the few restaurants that are open that we're having trouble finding any place open when we're not at work. I'm afraid that even after this settles everything will have more limited hours, and that's going to be a huge pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 125March 29, 2020 8:16 AM

This morning. Went to do some shopping for a shut-in stitching friend. Will walk to her house to deliver the goods, I am not moving my car. Parking is very tight lately, because so many people are at home.

Didn't see more than a dozen customers in the store, everything well-stocked, except the expected.

by Anonymousreply 126March 29, 2020 12:48 PM

[quote]We're taking social distancing seriously and haven't gone anywhere in two weeks, save a couple of hikes

Well, that means YOU HAVE gone somewhere, so why did you bother to ask?

by Anonymousreply 127March 29, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote]This morning. Went to do some shopping for a shut-in stitching friend

Translation, I bought pie for myself and to relieve my guilt I'm going to throw the crusts at her doorstep and run.

by Anonymousreply 128March 29, 2020 1:31 PM

So close, r128., it's like you are almost psychic. I did buy her a few TastyKake fruit pies as a treat.

by Anonymousreply 129March 29, 2020 1:38 PM

When this is all over, I want to drive to Phila and take Bronzie out to that place in Cherry Hill he likes so much.

by Anonymousreply 130March 29, 2020 1:42 PM

What on earth could be so wonderful in cherry hill?

by Anonymousreply 131March 29, 2020 1:58 PM

I don't remember the name of the place, r131, as I have never been, nor do I live in Phila (I'm in Pgh). But Bronzie told us about it a few weeks back and it sounded like a wonderful road trip.

by Anonymousreply 132March 29, 2020 2:02 PM

cherry hill is a short drive from philly, I never drive to jersey but it's still a short trip

by Anonymousreply 133March 29, 2020 2:15 PM

Walk the dog several times a day--he's getting tired of all the attention.

Don't really run into many people-maybe one or two on the walks, either joggers or other dog walkers. Etiquette seems to be to cross so that you're on opposite sides of the road and then wave as you walk by and exchange pleasantries.

Boyfriend and I drove into town just to have something to do the other day. We did not get out of the car, but it did not look like there were many people around.

All groceries being delivered with the family-wide agreement that nothing that's out of stock is worth going to an actual supermarket for to see if you can get it there.

by Anonymousreply 134March 29, 2020 2:20 PM

Dog walk, and then I noticed that the grocery store had only a few people and no lines so a dual-purpose trip.

by Anonymousreply 135March 29, 2020 7:21 PM

r130/r132 What a lovely thing to say, and I thank you very much. I was probably talking about Ponzio's restaurant on Rt, 70 in Cherry Hill. I sure do miss their only-on-Thursday chicken potpie. Am compiling a list of things to do and places to go after this plague subsides, and Ponzio's is definitely on it.

Hey Snoop: If you're not a fan of Cherry Hill, how about Due Amici in Cinnaminson or Tarantella's in Medford?

by Anonymousreply 136March 29, 2020 8:30 PM

We are dripping with Italian food of every stripe in our neighborhood, why the fuck would I waste the gas or spend money on tolls to go to jersey?

by Anonymousreply 137March 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Went out for a walk this morning in the rain and fog. No one was around and I didn't have to duck into the woods. The mountains were as beautiful as ever and the red winged blackbirds are back with the spring.

by Anonymousreply 138March 29, 2020 8:57 PM

this virus is working out quite well for crotchety old lesbeterians!

by Anonymousreply 139March 29, 2020 9:14 PM

C'mon Snoop, we all have favorite restaurants that we like to frequent for a variety of reasons: great food; superior customer service; easy to get to; ease of parking(!!!); value for money; a nice, easy drive etc. I got used to restaurants over there because usually I'd be in NJ 2 or 3 times a week. Don't get there much anymore, so when it DOES happen, it's extra special. Have I piqued your interest at all?

by Anonymousreply 140March 29, 2020 10:47 PM

Thursday. Went to a dr appointment. The office was closed & locked. No one had called me & cancelled. After that, I went to target & bought some laundry detergent, hand soap (not antibacterial), a case of water (no, we CANNOT drink our well water, to the hysterical DL asshole who’s always screaming that people don’t need water), cat food. Tried to find acetaminophen & a thermometer at Target & Rite Aid - no deal.

I want to go outside & work on my property but it’s cold & rainy.

by Anonymousreply 141March 29, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote] no, we CANNOT drink our well water

Why?

by Anonymousreply 142March 29, 2020 11:38 PM

R140, not at all, but I’ll agree that south jersey does have good italian food, I’ve had it. But I live a block from the Italian market, why would I care about parking(WTF) or customer service when I can buy the best ingredients and make it myself. Now in particular the market is begging for customers so why even think about luigi’s pizza palace close to the Deptford mall. Sorry, not a jersey boy, never will be either.

by Anonymousreply 143March 30, 2020 12:06 AM

I live in a college neighborhood and there are a lot of horny good looking guys here who didn’t get their spring break. So I’m giving blow jobs. Blue balls can be a very difficult thing to live with as well.

by Anonymousreply 144March 30, 2020 12:31 AM

How do you do that through the mask, R144?

by Anonymousreply 145March 30, 2020 12:45 AM

R144 gross

by Anonymousreply 146March 30, 2020 1:12 AM

I have been working from home since March 9.

I have had to bring my cat to the vet a couple of times. I leave the carrier at the door of the vet’s office and they come out and get her. I speak to the vet by phone. I wipe the carrier down before I put her back in the car. My cat is dying and I am trying to keep her comfortable. If I have to put her down now, I can’t be with her. So I am actually pretty grateful to be home with her for the past month and for however long she has here on earth.

I went grocery shopping March 8 and have enough food for another few weeks, but will run out of eggs, cheese and cream for my coffee this week. I can manager. You people shopping multiple times a week are playing roulette. Don’t you have refrigerators and freezers?

by Anonymousreply 147March 30, 2020 1:22 AM

aw, that' s sad

by Anonymousreply 148March 30, 2020 1:59 AM

[quote] Don’t you have refrigerators and freezers?

A lot of New Yorkers on here, R147. Not much room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 30, 2020 2:10 AM

indeed

by Anonymousreply 150March 30, 2020 2:18 AM

Plus no car to schlep all the stuff you load your freezer with, r147. I'm sorry about your cat, btw, but you're a pus-filled sore of a human being.

by Anonymousreply 151March 30, 2020 2:21 AM

Just now - haircut, while we’re still allowed to have them.

by Anonymousreply 152March 30, 2020 2:28 AM

R151, are you always this hostile or is the stress of COVID-19 getting to you?

by Anonymousreply 153March 30, 2020 3:05 AM

That’s a silly question.

by Anonymousreply 154March 30, 2020 3:27 AM

You stupid dog owners are going to be the death of everyone. Walking multiple times daily, spreading disease. Fucking morons. Exactly which part of "stay at home" don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2020 3:37 AM

It's a war outside. We haven't left the house for 10 days.

by Anonymousreply 156March 30, 2020 3:40 AM

I took the garbage out today. I am the original social distancer.

by Anonymousreply 157March 30, 2020 3:41 AM

I have family to go forage for me. A friend and I took our dogs for a walk last Thursday in the back of a deserted park. I am high risk due to a couple of medical conditions. I miss going to the gym, having lunch out, and waking up unafraid on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 158March 30, 2020 3:52 AM

R151 probably got upset at hearing that going to the store multiple times is "playing roulette," which is too bad for him, because it's true. There isn't much excuse for that level of hostility. Datalounge is a rough place but something like that is just gratuitous and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 159March 30, 2020 8:57 AM

I think I’ve been WFH since March 16, going out 1x a week for minimal errands. This week not leaving at all.

by Anonymousreply 160March 30, 2020 11:01 AM

R139, that was just mean. I'm not like that at all. I'm a tested extrovert (Myers Briggs) and love people. Worked for years in the medical field and still take care of my elderly neighbors. Politically I am very far left and downright radical. I despise libertarians and resent your mashing of that bullshit with my sexuality.

Time and experience has taught me that it's best to avoid people, in general. Thanks for proving me right, again. It's served me well in that I'm used to it, but I wish it were otherwise.

I don't admit it often, but I am very lonely, wish my family were less dysfunctional and that humanity would behave with more compassion and acceptance. Rather than hate on you, I pity your perceptions of others and of this experience as positive for 'lesbitarians'.

Fuck that....go jump in a lake, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 161March 30, 2020 2:12 PM

I see a complete lack of sense of humor is still raging through the lesbian community

by Anonymousreply 162March 30, 2020 2:23 PM

I ordered a new caftan and had to go pick it up at Amazon Locker. It was worth the risk!

by Anonymousreply 163March 30, 2020 2:37 PM

How can people “social distance” in places like Walmart where aisles are so narrow people scrape shopping carts trying to maneuver

by Anonymousreply 164March 30, 2020 2:40 PM

^^ They can't. Find a store that isn't so crowded. I found an IGA with wide aisles, from the old days. It's fully stocked, except for toilet paper and the most in-demand cleaning supplies. I make a list, go early, as soon as they open, get what I need for a week, and leave. Wore gloves the last 2 times, and will wear a homemade mask when I go back this Weds.

by Anonymousreply 165March 30, 2020 2:44 PM

R100 -- do you honestly think everyone on DL has a huge kitchen and pantry? My kitchen is probably the size of your broom closet. Urban life. So I go to the store in the morning, but at 6 am, when they only let seniors in, there are only about 10 people in the entire store. I don't come near anyone else, and then use the self-checkout and then wipe my hands off and leave. So far, so good. Well, not so good. But good enough.

by Anonymousreply 166March 30, 2020 2:52 PM

good move

by Anonymousreply 167March 30, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]How can people “social distance” in places like Walmart where aisles are so narrow people scrape shopping carts trying to maneuver

I always heard that you can catch a disease just from flying over one of them.

by Anonymousreply 168March 30, 2020 3:01 PM

I would just stack stuff in a corner of the living room R166--is that a possibility? It's not as if you are having guests over anytime soon.

Fewer trips you have to make, the better.

by Anonymousreply 169March 30, 2020 3:09 PM

I’m an introvert so I have no problems with isolation, but I like having the option of interacting with people face to face. That way I get to choose.

by Anonymousreply 170March 30, 2020 3:13 PM

That's the way I feel about my groceries, r170. I usually hate the produce, in particular, the WFM shoppers choose for me. The onions often are defective, the peppers the smallest ones on the stand. So I went shopping myself and did the imposed social distancing process. I got huge peppers, and just the right onions. And, I noticed yesterday morning, a possible case of conjunctivitis.

by Anonymousreply 171March 30, 2020 3:16 PM

Today's my 14th day since I returned from overseas. I've only been out of the house four times (not counting walking to my cluster mailbox to get the mail.) Each time was for Walmart grocery pickup. So far I've not been inside any buildings other than my house or in contact with anyone but the grocery pickup person.

by Anonymousreply 172March 30, 2020 3:18 PM

February 28. I'm in Dallas. I started early because of conjunctivitis and then a blocked oil gland in eyelid, which was ugly. So other than a couple trips to the store, I've been home. Good thing I like to read and practice a musical instrument. And smoke weed. Some days are better than others, though. All of it is getting old. I almost came unglued watching all the self-entitled millennial parents clog the streets with their bratty crotchfruit all afternoon yesterday. Parents drinking booze. Kids careening down the streets on cheap little plastic cars, or moping around bouncing basketballs incessantly. Jesus PETE. Why the fuck can't they play in their back yards?

by Anonymousreply 173March 30, 2020 3:20 PM

A million WWs for r173, were they mine to give. There should be a concentration camp for basketball bouncers, in which basketballs are bounced at their heads.

by Anonymousreply 174March 30, 2020 3:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 30, 2020 4:03 PM

just went to shop and walked out. too crowded, lines were insane. and i heard someone cough. i dumped my bag and ran out

by Anonymousreply 176March 30, 2020 5:13 PM

R171 careful, pinkeye is one of the symptoms of Coronavirus in some people.

by Anonymousreply 177March 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Alas, I tried on my new caftan only to discover it is a little tight across the mid-section. I shall have to venture to Amazon Locker once again to return it. The sacrifices I make to be fashion forward.

by Anonymousreply 178March 30, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote]At 4 this morning for my daily spit on all my neighbors' doorknobs. They all open their doors later to check their mail, and I have to put this cough and fever to work for the good of humankind.

R35 = Dan Savage

by Anonymousreply 179March 30, 2020 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!